6.1

795 Primera Blvd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746
3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

[Dr. Sharon Jaffe] was a great doctor! After I experienced two early losses, she tested me for everything to get to the bottom of it. She tried several different strategies and medications to finally help me keep a pregnancy. Once I did conceive with a successful pregnancy she saw me weekly and did ultrasounds to ease my worries.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando is] Easy to find and great location. Super clean and neat. Sometimes the waiting room will get full because there are so many people who go there. The ladies at the front desk are nice...The nursing staff was great at CRM. Especially nurse Judy. I love how they have great communication and will call you with results as soon as possible. They also return calls quickly.
How was your experience with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Jaffe was a great doctor! After I experienced two early losses, she tested me for everything to get to the bottom of it. She tried several different strategies and medications to finally help me keep a pregnancy. Once I did conceive with a successful pregnancy she saw me weekly and did ultrasounds to ease my worries. I plan on returning to CRM when I am trying for my second child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
She does not sugar coat things. But she will be honest and make sure you understand everything she is telling you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Dr. Jaffe was realistic And told me the truth Without sugar coating. While also being friendly and caring. She told me she would get me pregnant and she did!
Describe the protocols Sharon Jaffe used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
In total I went through 5 cycles of timed intercourse with Dr. Jaffe. (Over the span of 8 months) I Had 2 early losses so I had to skip a month between those. For each cycle I took letrozole and ovidrel trigger shot. She did all the possible tests to find out what was going wrong with me. She tried something different and gave me medicine for my thyroid and I finally conceived with a successful pregnancy!! She is so knowledgeable and knows what she is doing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Judy )
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I love this clinic. Easy to find and great location. Super clean and neat. Sometimes the waiting room will get full because there are so many people who go there. The ladies at the front desk are nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon Jaffe at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I had to meet my insurance deductible which was 1,000$ I believe. Then I would have to pay 20% for every appointment. Plus I paid out of pocket for ovidrel injections. However the letrozole was covered by insurance and I would only pay a small cost.
Describe Sharon Jaffe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I did not do IVF

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Jaffe was nonjudgmental and seemed invested in my journey to become a single mother by choice and seemed confident that we would be able to achieve that. She was dissapointed by setbacks, but didn't show any interest in giving up.... Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
The nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send... Nice facility with plenty of appointment availability. Seems to be high nursing staff turnover. Billing department didn't seem to always understand how my insurance works - I guess they aren't used to dealing with insurance. Doctors are all very friendly.
Ask lots of questions to be sure you fully understand what is being recommended and what the next steps are.
Dr Jaffe personally called me after my 3rd failed transfer to let me know she was also disapointed and what next steps/recommendations were for the next attempt
Egg retrieval cycles were all about the same. Embryo transfer cycle 1 seemed standard. Cycle 2 we switched from progesterone cream to injection. After failed 2nd cycle, performed an ERA test as well as 3rd egg retrieval with genetic testing. Also additional blood work done. 3rd cycle we switched to IM estrogen and added hepron injections. After 3rd cycle failed, we decided to do 3 months on lupron and try a 4th cycle, which ultimately resulted pregnancy and my daughter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: changed several times)
The nursing staff seem to change over frequently. I had several lead nurses assigned to me. Some were more compationate and personable than others. Often my prescriptions were not called in to the pharmacy on dates there were supposed to and I had to call the clinic to request they send.
Insurance covered most costs
Dr Jaffe seemed to prefer elective single embryo transfer because it is better for the health of the mother and baby. Twins (or higher order multiples) are high risk pregnancies.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Nurses on several occasions forgot to call in prescriptions
Orlando

[Protocol with Dr. Jaffe included] IUI with Clomid...(would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts)...In multiple visits the Dr either had the wrong chart or notes charted incorrectly...She was very kind and caring. But it felt like we were being put into a box because we were an LGBT couple and they didn’t want to be as proactive with our treatments. We didn’t feel like we were being heard in the clinic and they wanted to jump into exploratory surgery so we went out for a second opinion.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts...We liked the more structured environment...This clinic has multiple doctors so they were always very busy...In multiple visits the Dr either had the wrong chart or notes charted incorrectly. When we received our chart from the clinic it had an extra IUI cycle in the chart notes that we never had preformed...Make sure you are persistent if there is something specific you want.
Make sure you are persistent if there is something specific you want.
IUI with Clomid and trigger 36 hrs before IUI IUI with Clomid and trigger 36 hrs before IUI (would not change anything until after 3 failed attempts) IUI cycle with Clomid (only produces a single follicle and thinner lining so we decided to cancel cycle IUI with Letrozole and Gonal F trigger 36 hrs before IUI All cycles were negative
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
We liked the more structured environment of CRM. This clinic has multiple doctors so they were always very busy. They also have a surgery sweet below, however it is not owned by the clinic and does not take the same insurances as the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Sharon Jaffe] had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.... Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.... The ones [nurses] assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.... She had me use femura for five cycles, since there were supposedly less side affects than clomid, although I did produce eggs and ovulate they all ended in negative pregnancy test. Two of those times I opted for IUI's. Recently I had egg retrieval done for IVF and I used Gonal-F and Cetrotide.
I really like Dr. Jaffe. I hope that she will get the results I want. I trust that she has set me up with the correct protocol. Even though you do not see her every visit and some time you feel like she has a lot going on I still believe the information gets to her.
Go in with questions and make sure to ask them all.
She is very good at explaining everything and making sure to answer questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The ones assigned to Dr. Jaffe are great. I've had a few other ones that I talked to that were not so much, but maybe they were having a bad day.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It is semi hard to get an appointment here and they are usually running late, but over all I trust their care.
With my insurance just to see a specialist is a higher copay. Then for IUI's at the time it was free. And IVF is pretty much out of pocket.
I am only allowed to do single transfer since ours are rated a decent quality at this point. They said maybe at the third cycle it may change.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions. I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions....I think that Dr Jaffe is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things which I like. However, I feel like she could do a better job of explaining medical terminology, procedures, options, etc. I always felt like I had a ton of questions because this was all new (and sometimes scary to me).
For the most part I feel like the nurses are very responsive. I had some frustration early on because I didn't feel like had clear answers to some of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
I'm getting ready to start a second IVF cycle and I'm anxious to see what we might do differently to improve our chances of getting pregnant.