Medical SchoolBaylor
203-750-7400
115 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611
Fishkill
600 Westage Bus. Ctr. Dr.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shaun Williams to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Connecticut to a friend?
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
As a single mom to be I feel like there are definitely things that should've been discussed. As I'm entering my first IVF cycle with donor sperm, it hit me 2 days before my retrieval that I would like to also freeze eggs (in addition to embryos) if I have a good enough response. This was never recommended by my doctor [Dr. Williams]! ..Strengths include a calm, relaxing demeanor. If you're an anxious patient you would do well with him. But he's very impersonal and I felt like just a number.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Strengths include a calm, relaxing demeanor. If you're an anxious patient you would do well with him. But he's very impersonal and I felt like just a number. I am a single mom to be and did not feel well taken care of on an emotional level.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
If you need a calm, reassuring demeanor, you'll like him. If you want a doctor that treats you as a person with a life and feelings you might want to go with someone else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
All talk was robotic and clinical. Have seen him for over a year and don't think he even knows what I do professionally. Whereas another doctor knew asked and learned more about me during one monitoring session
Describe the protocols Shaun Williams used in your cycles at RMA of Connecticut and their degree of success.
No "infertility" issues per say. Just a single female that wants a baby. So started with a clomid/trigger IUI. 2nd IUI clomid was upped and follistim added. Resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 3rd IUI was follistim and trigger and was negative. Just had my first egg retrieval for IVF #1 and used follistim, menopur, ganirelix and hCG trigger. Resulted in 20 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
My primary nurse was very knowledgeable and organized. But lacked in tenderness and compassion. The blood draw nurses were sweet. And the nurses in the egg retrieval section were amazing!!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strengths are that it is a top of the line clinic with it's cleanliness, technology, and capabilities. They also focus on the whole body and offer yoga, acupuncture, and support groups! Weaknesses are with the lack of compassion in some of the staff. I know they do this for a living but I think it's critical for them to remember the patients they are dealing with. Also would say communication is sometimes lacking. If I didn't do research and ask a million questions there are some things that would've never been revealed. I'm also unhappy and disheartened that there was also a mistake when information that I relayed to a doctor was put into the wrong patient's file. This ultimately caused the lab to not freeze the last bit of donor sperm that I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Connecticut.
They were pretty organized as long as you got there at 7 am on the dot. The closest office is about 30 minutes away and in order to get seen and get out and get to work on time I needed to be there the minute they opened.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut.
After 3 IUIs using donor sperm I've charged about $7,000 for sperm, deductibles, and meds.
Describe Shaun Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Connecticut.
Doctor originally recommended transferring 2 due to my age (38). After retrieval, he stated that my embryo development was above average for someone my age and he now recommends 1. So I'm confused and overwhelmed at the decision.
PCOS, Other
Dr. Williams always took the time to explain things to me..I came to Dr. Williams with a balanced translocation and he uncovered PCOS... He didn't push me into IVF and allowed me to make the decision for myself. felt cared for by him, like he was invested in my care...He shared more than just clinical ideas on how to improve my chances which meant a lot to me considering I like holistic approached to my health as well...Dr. Williams is a very compassionate and hands on doctor.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Williams is a very compassionate and hands on doctor. He took the time to explain everything to me even when I asked the same questions over and over. My diagnosis was hard to process and I felt like he was invested in my care. He shared more than just clinical ideas on how to improve my chances which meant a lot to me considering I like holistic approached to my health as well. He treated me like a person and seemed genuinely happy when I achieved positive results. I felt cared for by him and never questioned his competency which says a lot for me since I have had negative experiences with doctors that shook my trust in the past at prior centers. He is soft and gentle in his care.
Book an appointment with him!
Dr. Williams always took the time to explain things to me. He related with me and made me feel like my case was unique to him even though I am sure it was not based on his extensive experience. I felt cared for by him, like he was invested in my care.
I came to Dr. Williams with a balanced translocation and he uncovered PCOS as well which meant I would have difficulty keeping a pregnancy if I was so lucky as to achieve it to begin with considering I did not ovulate regularly. He didn't push me into IVF and allowed me to make the decision for myself. I could go forward with an IUI armed with the knowledge that I might miscarry or go to IVF with genetic testing of the embryos prior to transfer. I felt supported completely with whatever decision I made and eventually chose to do IVF which I'm so grateful that I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
She was always available to me via email or phone. She was kind, caring, and helped me to coordinate my cycle despite my crazy work schedule!
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic had a new office and a clean, modern look. It was quite the upgrade from prior doctors' offices that have the old medical building feel. They treat the whole patient and offer so many services which I utilized! I like the holistic approach and used yoga and acupuncture. I also attended a few free events which helped me through my treatment. They have great rates for my age group. I also found the staff to be very friendly and understanding when I had difficulty scheduling an appointment. Whenever I saw a different doctor for monitoring, I felt like even though they didn't consult with me prior that they cared about me.
It was first come first serve. I sometimes had to wait 10-20 minutes to be seen but usually only on the busy days like Monday mornings. They were quick, in and out appointments however I never felt rushed if I had additional questions that day.
I compared pricing for the services that I needed since I needed IVF and PGS testing. They were the most reasonably pricing considering I was a self pay patient. They also offered the only self pay IVF packages that included medications, too. Some facilities made me feel like they were the cheaper option because they had a lower quote but what they don't tell you (and I wouldn't have known if I didn't dig deeper) is that they didn't include meds which added thousands! In the end, RMA was the cheapest option.
Considering I genetically screened my embryos and was 28 during my first transfer, it was strongly recommended to me to transfer one embryo. He thoroughly explained the risks associated with multiples.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Williams was very compassionate throughout the entire process. He explains in detail what is going on. He works closely with the other doctors on the team and they seem to communicate well with each other as I often saw his partners at the morning appointments, but he was always up to date on what happened....He always took the time to explain what he was thinking and what he was recommending. He would call me directly after the retrievals and transfers to let me know the results
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Understand that you will see other members of the practice for procedures and appointments depending on times and locations you choose to go to.
Dr Williams had me do the 3 IUIs and when those weren't successful move to IVF. One cycle produced a viable embryo that passed chromosome testing but when implanted stopped growing. The second cycle the embryos stopped developing after day 3, Dr Williams was very up front with me about his reservations with doing another IVF with my own eggs. He suggested I could do another IUI if I really wanted to keep trying with my own eggs to reduce costs since I wasn't getting a lot of eggs at retrieval anyways. I did this but was unsuccessful so moved to donor eggs which resulted in a baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Hennigan)
Kristin was fantastic. Very responsive to calls or emails. Helped determine best place to get meds from for lowest cost too.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
They have an incredibly supportive single mothers program which put me at ease, helped me understand the process better, provided emotional support, and led me to meet other single mothers to be.
Monitoring was 7-8 every morning. The early you got there the faster it was to get in and out so I was usually the first one there and never had to wait. The nurses drawing blood were great, all kept your spirits up. Then went to ultra sound room to wait for doctor, sometimes this could be a while if issues with a patient.
Have opportunity plans for a lump sum payment if your insurance doesn't cover, this was around 10k for IVF cycle. Donor eggs were 22k for 2 lots.
Only supported single transfer with my own eggs. By time I got to donor eggs he allowed 2 in the transfer but only 1 took.
Norwalk
Dr. Williams has taken the time to really get to know me and my partner, our issues, and has changed our treatments as necessary....I scheduled my initial consult with him specifically because he seemed like a good fit for me and my husband and I don’t regret that decision even though I usually see other doctors....He’s quieter and less effusive than some of the doctors, but he really listens and takes the time to explain things.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
I wish he was in Danbury more often, but I really appreciate the level of detail and care he provides with each procedure. I scheduled my initial consult with him specifically because he seemed like a good fit for me and my husband and I don’t regret that decision even though I usually see other doctors.
He’s quieter and less effusive than some of the doctors, but he really listens and takes the time to explain things. If that’s the kind of doctor you want, then he’s your guy.
IUI 1 (Jan 2018)- Letrozole cd 3-7, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, 2 IUI procedures cd 15-16, Progesterone and Estrace 3-14 dpIUI, negative beta IUI 2 (Feb 2018-ongoing)- Letrozole cd 5-9, Ovidrel trigger shot cd 14, IUI procedure cd 16, Progesterone and Estrace 1dpIUI-now (12dpIUI), beta on 3/2
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira)
All of the nursing staff is efficient, kind, and extremely competent.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Everyone at the clinic is great. Finance really goes to bat with insurance to get coverage for procedures. Everyone is always kind and welcoming. Scheduling is usually pretty easy; they were able to accommodate a timing need I had for my last IUI.
The biggest cost was the Ovidrel, which was about $90/cycle (although that came from an outside pharmacy). Most of the in-house costs were covered by insurance.
2009 - 2011
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
We used an egg donor and a separate gestational carrier. ...Wonderful experience with Dr. Williams. He's kind, thoughtful, and thorough--everything I would hope in such a physician. He informed me of the entire process beforehand so there were no surprises. He even told me the various routes he would take if problems cropped up (thankfully none did). I recommend him very highly...He has a nice bedside manner and treated me with respect. Answered all questions I had throughly..
2009 - 2011
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Feel free to ask him any question about the process, no matter how insignificant you may think it is.
We used an egg donor and a separate gestational carrier. Both were given hormones prior to their procedures to optimize their biology. The egg donor went in for egg retrieval. I provided a sperm sample. After the embryos were created, we waited a few days. Of the best embryos, Dr. Williams chose two. He implanted them into the carrier. This resulted in one baby. The process was repeated again for a second baby two years later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut.
Nurses and Staff are top notch. They are totally experienced and empathetic--the perfect combination for an excellent experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic was well located and looked clean. Sometimes I wish these places looked more homey than a medical suite, but I guess sterile and clean are what medical suites are supposed to look like. Facilities were very modern.
Process was pricey but comparable to high costs in the New York City area.
Dr. Williams gave me the choice of one embryo vs. two, saying that two gave a higher chance of success but more chance of complications. I chose two.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Williams knows my name and my face, has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers....He has a very calming personality, which balances with my uptight personality. I feel he genuinely cares about me and my success, and I trust his approach without question...Dr. Williams is fantastic...He may appear reserved, but he will answer any question you have and is definitely on your side.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr. Williams is fantastic - he has called me after hours to check on me after bad news or to answer a question, and has come in on his day off to personally handle my egg retrievals and embryo transfers since he knows my complex situation better than the other doctors. He has a very calming personality, which balances with my uptight personality. I feel he genuinely cares about me and my success, and I trust his approach without question.
He may appear reserved, but he will answer any question you have and is definitely on your side. Ask whatever questions you have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira (nurse), Jill Longo (patient navigator))
My nurse understands my needs, and adjusts her approach accordingly. When I received negative results, I felt that she was genuinely as disappointed as I was.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
I actually look forward to appointments so I can see the entire staff!
Even on days where everyone showed up at once, or there were more patients than normal, monitoring seems to go quickly and smoothly. I cannot think of an instance where I waited more than a few minutes...
unsure
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
My experience [with Dr. Shaun Williams] was great! Very understanding and compassionate. Dr. Williams explained my chances of success with ERA testing. I will be doing my transfer with RMACT in April. He as been very accommodating to my travel since I am driving 1600 miles round trip for treatment...After talking with Dr Williams and telling him my story and all that we have been through. He suggested I do the ERA testing. Since we do not have any fertility coverage with our insurance he got me into the study with Igenomix to do the ERA for free.
3 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
My experience was great! Very understanding and compassionate. Dr. Williams explained my chances of success with ERA testing. I will be doing my transfer with RMACT in April. He as been very accommodating to my travel since I am driving 1600 miles round trip for treatment.
When you need “ new eyes” go to RMACT
I only did the ERA studywith Dr. Williams. I did a mock transfer cycle with PIO and estrace.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The staff and Drs are very well organized and answer all questions. I really like how you are assigned your own nurse to contact for anything. The billing team is also very quick to get back with questions. I liked that the clinic had medications included in the transfer package.
ERA testing was free. FET transfer is $5100
Norwalk
Dr Williams talks you through everything he is doing. He genuinely wants you to understand everything as opposed to assuming you don't need to...Dr Williams is very soft spoken, but extremely thorough. He answers all of your questions before you even ask them and goes above and beyond to make sure you are involved in the process...Don't let his soft spoken demeanor deter you from choosing him as your doctor. He is wonderful.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Dr Williams is very soft spoken, but extremely thorough. He answers all of your questions before you even ask them and goes above and beyond to make sure you are involved in the process whereas other doctors are more "just let me do my thing".
Linda is to the point but very organized.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
The clinic is a well polished factory. They're good at drawing you in but it takes some time to find the people who are best to work with.
If I don't get there by 7am then I could be waiting for an hour. They only have two ultrasound rooms. But if I go for just blood work then it's usually in and out.
Just co-insurance
Norwalk
He [Dr. Shaun Williams] explained everything and was very sincere and listened to our concerns...Very calm and reassuring. He took the time to answer our questions and was willing to adjust our schedule so he could do our transfer. Willing to meet with us after failed cycles to discuss further course of treatments...He’s very quiet and calm.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
He’s very quiet and calm.
He explained everything and was very sincere and listened to our concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
I loved them all. It was so easy to communicate with them through email and phone.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
They have a great team of people to support us in all ways. I loved attending their ladies night group and meeting other women like myself. They also had acupuncture and nutrition services as well as mental health services.
Monitoring was between the hours of 7-8 am. Very easy in easy out. Everyone was super friendly and efficient.
My insurance covered all infertility treatments. I just had to cover my deductible.
He allowed us to transfer two, busy strongly advised we only do 1.
2014 - 2017
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Williams also took the time to answer any of my questions even if I kept asking them in a different way. He was patient with me and try to give me the best outcome. Sometime, I wished I heard the worst as well.... As a patient, he made me feel optimistic. He was soft spoken and had good bedside manners. He believe he tried to give me the best Opportunity and chance I had. I never thought he sugar coded anything.
2014 - 2017
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
Make sure you know all your options
I did a few rounds of clomid and 1 round of letrozal with time intercourses. 2 rounds of IVF treatments. I cannot remember the Dosage used
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Connecticut. (Assigned nurse: Brigit )
The nurse and patient coordinator were easy to contact either by phone or via email. When ever I have a question or concern they would get back to me the same day
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Morning bloodwork was by fist come first sever, some days were good and some days were busy. There’s free yoga classes and support groups offered. I meet some really good people there. Office was nice, clean and professional
2010 - 2017
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Williams treated me for a large fibroid tumor and severe endometriosis through meds and surgery when needed to deal with pain. Now that I am trying to get pregnant he started fairly aggressively with treatment to up my chances...They have truly been awesome through several surgeries and procedures that I have had over the last 6 years. Dr Williams has an awesome bedside manner and has never treated me as if I was crazy as other doctors did prior to me endometriosis and tumor diagnosis...Dr Williams is always great about following up with me no matter the hours when I am having an issue
2010 - 2017
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at RMA of Connecticut?
To allow the process to work and to always ask questions - never be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of Connecticut.
Strength is that they are always available when needed. Weaknesses wish there were slightly later hours weekdays.
My insurance has covered 90% of costs. Only out of pocket is the sperm donor.