6.6

Shauna McKinney works at

115 E. 15th Street
Tulsa, OK 74119
918.359.2229

she [Dr. Shauna McKinney] takes her time to explain everything. She makes it personal...Your family success is her job and she takes that very seriously. I felt confident every step of the way with her...I am a 34 yr female with a wife. We are doing reciprocal IVF. I was placed on Gonal-f with an HCG trigger. We had 8 eggs at retrieval with two fertilized eggs. My wife will carry...We took the advice of the doctor to use both embryos at transfer. Transfer was postponed because of COVID-19 until June.
We had a great experience with everyone [at Tulsa Fertility Center] but the front office clerk-Kisha. My wife and I both use Community Care insurance. She is a physician and I am a nurse. We were told we couldn’t have an appointment without a prior authorization. This process took months without a response. We went to another doctor with poor consult-Dr. Bundren. He told us we didn’t have any options available for treatment. We finally called Tulsa Fertility back and they told us we could make an appointment but would be self pay. Obviously we can afford that but was never told that it was an option. We wasted a lot of time because of that.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
She is excellent. I have suggested friends use her as a physician. She will take the time to explain every detail. Your family success is her job and she takes that very seriously. I felt confident every step of the way with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Listen to everything she has to say and trust In the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Like a human, she takes her time to explain everything. She makes it personal.
Describe the protocols Shauna McKinney used in your cycles at Tulsa Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
We had a great experience with everyone but the front office clerk-Kisha. My wife and I both use Community Care insurance. She is a physician and I am a nurse. We were told we couldn’t have an appointment without a prior authorization. This process took months without a response. We went to another doctor with poor consult-Dr. Bundren. He told us we didn’t have any options available for treatment. We finally called Tulsa Fertility back and they told us we could make an appointment but would be self pay. Obviously we can afford that but was never told that it was an option. We wasted a lot of time because of that.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Strength-doctors and nurses are great Male phlebotomists was very bad at his job. Kisha should not be taking calls for new patients I love the attention to detail in the IVF process. We have friends that use the clinic for IUI and are on baby number 2!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center.
IVF 30,000 plus the cost of medication
Describe Shauna McKinney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tulsa Fertility Center.
Tulsa

She [Dr. Shauna McKinney] is very straight forward! She knows what she is doing, very knowledgeable, and is capable of making her patients understand as well. She has paperwork in regards to timeline, information, questions you might have etc that’s sent with you and it’s also accessible via app in the event you have questions or need to refer back to. She is abrupt though and I can see that rubbing people the wrong way. However, I can appreciate transparency and honesty.
I’ve done IUI twice and the protocol was the same each time [at Tulsa Fertility Center]...She [nurse] was always available if I had any additional questions! The team responds quickly via app and was always available to talk on the phone if necessary...IUI insemination costs $600 prior to inseminating. The ultrasounds are $250...after two failed IUI’s with no known fertility issues we have decided to do IVF...The clinics strengths are how readily they are available if you need to contact them for any reason. Their weaknesses are that they do have a high demand of patients because they are the only fertility clinic in Tulsa. As a result, they are very busy when we are there.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
She is very straight forward! She knows what she is doing, very knowledgeable, and is capable of making her patients understand as well. She has paperwork in regards to timeline, information, questions you might have etc that’s sent with you and it’s also accessible via app in the event you have questions or need to refer back to. She is abrupt though and I can see that rubbing people the wrong way. However, I can appreciate transparency and honesty.
Like I had previously mentioned, she can at times be abrupt and that can rub people the wrong way. However, she means well and only has your best interests at heart.
She’s great! Very personable and realistic. We have done 2 IUI’s unfortunately both resulted in negative pregnancy, but we are continuing with IVF.
Personally, I don’t struggle with infertility. As a result, my protocol wasn’t as invasive as others. Initially, we had several labs drawn. I’ve done IUI twice and the protocol was the same each time. Initially we did a baseline ultrasound preparing for ovulation. I took 5mg of clomid daily enhance my chances of multiple eggs. As a result, I would do my second ultrasound that showed if I had eggs. Then, would do a trigger shot at peak ovulation and come in 24-48 hours later to do IUI insemination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
She was always available if I had any additional questions! The team responds quickly via app and was always available to talk on the phone if necessary.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
IUI is expensive unfortunately. My insurance covered some of the labs and some medication. etc. However, IUI insemination costs $600 prior to inseminating. The ultrasounds are $250. The trigger shot was not covered by my insurance and was $100. The sperm vials were also $1,000 a piece. Overall, after two IUI’s with labs and miscellaneous charges I spent in total $8,000-10,000.
N/A I haven’t done IVF, yet. However, after two failed IUI’s with no known fertility issues we have decided to do IVF.
Tulsa

Dr McKinney never rushed our appointments and she answered every question in a manner we were able to understand. She provided information on all options and allowed us to choose the one that made the most sense for our family. I was afraid we would be required to do several rounds of IUIs before we would be allowed to explore IVF, but due to our diagnosis, we were able to pursue IVF in the beginning. We spent seven months from our earliest blood test to the frozen embryo transfer - making the process much quicker than we had anticipated.
The staff [at Tulsa Fertility Center] reviewed our history and were able to discuss health concerns from the beginning...I was overwhelmed by the amount of medical history that was requested BEFORE my initial consultation. I had no idea why they would need all of that two weeks before my appointment, but I learned after meeting the staff that they want to study and prepare so that the best form of treatment is presented for the couple's specific needs.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr McKinney is the most intelligent human being I have ever met and her attention to detail was excellent. She never promised success, just that she would do everything within her power to ensure the highest chance of success which made us feel like we were more than numbers or dollar signs. Dr McKinney held my hand and hugged me when I cried at my appointments and she explained everything in a way that was not overwhelming. No one wants to walk through the doors at her clinic, but since we had to be there I am so glad we had her to be our guide through the infertility journey.
Write ALL of your questions down and ask every single one of them. So your research beforehand and be your own advocate. If you do not want to do certain things, be vocal. The doctor cannot read your mind. We knew we wanted to give ourselves the best chance of a successful pregnancy and live birth, regardless of costs and we expressed that in the beginning.
10-12 days of stims: Follistim (50-250u) and Ganirelix (3-5 days) Follistim to stimulate the ovaries and produce eggs. Ganirelix to slow the maturation and allow the smaller follicles to catch up to the larger ones. Trigger shot of Ovidrel. FET: Birth control for one month before transfer. Approx 30 days of Lupron to suppress reproductive system. Estrogen patches, 1-4 changed every other day, to thicken lining during weeks before FET and through week 10 of pregnancy. Progesterone in oil 5 days before FET and through week 9 of pregnancy because the pregnancy was unnatural and the placenta had not taken over production.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Amanda)
The nurses were always accommodating at appointments and always passed along any questions or concerns to my doctor. The patient portal allowed me to communicate with the nurses on an as-needed basis and that convenient feature helped ease my mind when I had a question but wasn't sure to whom it should be directed.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I was overwhelmed by the amount of medical history that was requested BEFORE my initial consultation. I had no idea why they would need all of that two weeks before my appointment, but I learned after meeting the staff that they want to study and prepare so that the best form of treatment is presented for the couple's specific needs. The staff reviewed our history and were able to discuss health concerns from the beginning.
Egg retrieval cycle and most tests associated with cycle $13,000-$14,500 Egg retrieval medication: $7,500 FET procedure: $5,000 FET meds: $2,500
TFC has ethical and moral basis for transferring no more than two embryos during a cycle because excessive multiples not only endangers the lives of the fetuses, the mother's safety is severely jeopardized. For those seeking treatment, not in the advanced maternal age bracket, one to two embryos may be transferred.
Tulsa
I have been nothing but pleased with Dr. McKinney. ... I respect that she didn’t “sugar-coat” anything and was always right to the point. She explained things in a way that was very easy for a lay person to understand. ... Dr. McKinney never made me feel rushed at my appointments and always answered my questions with a smile on her face. She showed she genuinely cared about my feelings by crying with me and also sharing stories from her personal life.
The clinic [Tulsa Fertility Center] was able to see me very quickly, and scheduling has always been a breeze. They utilize an online patient portal for communication, which makes it easy to keep track of documents, results, messages, etc. Everything I had to do was done in-house, so I never had to go to a hospital. ... My IVF coordinator is very detail oriented, and always responds promptly to any questions I have.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
I have been nothing but pleased with Dr. McKinney. She has been through infertility herself, which makes it easy for her to show compassion toward her patients. I respect that she didn’t “sugar-coat” anything and was always right to the point. She explained things in a way that was very easy for a lay person to understand. I highly recommend her!
Be open about your expectations and timeline. She understands every patient is on a different timeline and might want to be less or more aggressive with treatment. She will give you her recommendation, but she will also respect your wishes.
Dr. McKinney discovered I had a very low ovarian reserve for my age. She told me the most aggressive route would be to harvest as many eggs as I could before trying to become pregnant. This is because eggs can’t be retrieved during pregnancy, and my ovarian reserve would only further diminish as time passes. We went through one round of IVF and retrieved 8 eggs. We are still waiting to hear back how many made it to day 5. We plan on doing 1-2 more rounds of egg retrieval before transferring any embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nichole Johnson)
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The clinic was able to see me very quickly, and scheduling has always been a breeze. They utilize an online patient portal for communication, which makes it easy to keep track of documents, results, messages, etc. Everything I had to do was done in-house, so I never had to go to a hospital.
One round of egg retrieval with cryopreservation and ICSI was $15,000. Medications cost $6,000. We have not transferred yet, but it will cost $5,000 without medications.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
We've gone through 4 IUI cycles [with Dr. McKinney] in which we used follistim and ovidrel. After the 4th, we decided to move on to IVF with ICSI (to help with male factor infertility, low motility) using Follistim...Our first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst. We made it to retrieval during the second cycle but weren't able to transfer after PGS testing deemed the remaining embryos weren't of a good quality. After undergoing 2 surgeries (one to drain a cyst by my gynecologist and one to remove it by Dr. McKinney and her partner Dr. Prough) we started our 2nd official IVF cycle in late March.
They [Tulsa Fertility Center] have all been so kind and understanding. I found out today that most of the employees in the office have gone through fertility treatments of some sort. That means a lot to me because it means they really understand the process...It is very organized. I've been in and out quickly which is important to me because we travel 2 hours one way for appointments. Even though it's a quick process, I've NEVER felt rushed. They always take time to answer any questions we have.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. McKinney is very personable. She's very candid with you and relates to you as a patient. I've always felt valued as a patient and that she's looking out for my best interest to help us start a family.
Know that she will be very candid and doesn't sugar coat the information she's telling you.
She relates to what we're going through and really listens to and answers all questions we have no matter how long it takes.
We've gone through 4 IUI cycles in which we used follistim and ovidrel. After the 4th, we decided to move on to IVF with ICSI (to help with male factor infertility, low motility) using Follistim. Our first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst. We made it to retrieval during the second cycle but weren't able to transfer after PGS testing deemed the remaining embryos weren't of a good quality. After undergoing 2 surgeries (one to drain a cyst by my gynecologist and one to remove it by Dr. McKinney and her partner Dr. Prough) we started our 2nd official IVF cycle in late March. I'm currently on Lupron and Dexamethasone and stimming with follistim. We found out today during a mid-cycle US that we will still retrieve but have to wait to transfer due to issues with my lining. I'll continue to go this week until they are ready to retrieve my eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Johnson)
They have all been so kind and understanding. I found out today that most of the employees in the office have gone through fertility treatments of some sort. That means a lot to me because it means they really understand the process.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
We've paid close to $20,000 for all treatments and medications.
2015, Successful
Dr. McKinney always had a smile on her face and always welcomed me with a warm hug... I never felt like any question was to small and she always reassured me every step of the way. There were only a few appointments I didn't see her. And only for small stuff like blood draining and sonograms. Every big appointment she was there and sat and listened and answered every question....Dr. McKinney showed she really cared about us during treatment. She always listened to our concerns and talked us through the process the entire time.
Strengths-everyone [at Tulsa Fertility Center] was super sweet and supportive. They always greet you with a smile. I feel like they personalized your experience. They got to really know us and our situation...They got us in very quickly for our first appointment. Went in for the first time in January and started treatment the next month when my cycle started...Nichole was amazing. Always greeted us with a smile and would help us with any questions we had.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. McKinney always had a smile on her face and always welcomed me with a warm hug! She was super sweet and super helpful during the entire process. I never felt like any question was to small and she always reassured me every step of the way. There were only a few appointments I didn't see her. And only for small stuff like blood draining and sonograms. Every big appointment she was there and sat and listened and answered every question. I still feel like I can call her for any questions or concerns.
Ask all the questions you want no matter how silly you think they are. She will answer each one and reassure you there is no silly questions.
My body responded very good to the treatment Dr. McKinney wrote up. I started out taking birth control and after a month I started Lupron injections to help suppress my system. After a week or so of that injection we added Gonel-f. I would take an injection in the morning and in the evening. I stemmed for 11 days. At that time I was told I could use the trigger shot. My body responded great. I went in for egg reieval and they collected 16 eggs. Out of the 16, 11 were mature and 7 fertilized. We did a 5 day transfer of two embryos. Unfortunately we miscarried a few weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nichole)
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Strengths-everyone was super sweet and supportive. They always greet you with a smile. I feel like they personalized your experience. They got to really know us and our situation. Which to me was nice. I didn't feel like I had to keep repeating myself everytime I went in. They got us in very quickly for our first appointment. Went in for the first time in January and started treatment the next month when my cycle started. Weaknesses-I can't say I really have any.
We had amazing insurance so I just paid a co pay. But the medication if I didn't have insurance would have been between 5,000-8,000 depending on the treatment plan. I believe the ivf process would have been around 10,000-13,000.
Tulsa

She [Dr. McKinney] is so smart and kind. Sat with us and explained everything even if it took a long time. We never felt rushed and always left there with confidence in her. She always had compassion ... She does many tests and research through the whole process. ... We did 5 IUI cycles and two of which never made it through the whole process due to follicles ovulation early.
All the staff [at Tulsa Fertility Center] is very educated and on the same page as all the doctors. Finances and insurance was easy to navigate with their help. They were so helpful and never made anything uncomfortable. ... [nurse] Amazing, always super fast responses and never made me feel stupid for asking so many questions. ... Older decorations but super clean.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
She is so smart and kind. Sat with us and explained everything even if it took a long time. We never felt rushed and always left there with confidence in her. She always had compassion if we didn’t get good news or with the positive news she celebrated with us. She does many tests and research through the whole process.
Bring a note book so you can take notes. So much information.
She was so informative and gave us advise that she would give her family. She was sad when we were sad and happy when we were happy. Always cared and listened to all questions.
We did 5 IUI cycles and two of which never made it through the whole process due to follicles ovulation early. The first two IUIs we did clomid only and then the last three we too letrozole with injections as well of gonal f and we always used a trigger shot to make my body ovulate.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Older decorations but super clean. All the staff is very educated and on the same page as all the doctors. Finances and insurance was easy to navigate with their help. They were so helpful and never made anything uncomfortable.
Without insurance it is around 25,000 for ivf
Will not do more then two unless you fall under the special circumstances.
Tulsa

She [Dr. Shauna McKinney] was very to the point when needed but had a great balance of bed side manner...She was very patient in answering all of our questions. She showed compassion for each loss...We transfered two embryos each time as that is the most per our state law...We did 4 rounds of IUI to try the most feasible option...then we did IVF and were told we may have low egg retrevial...We have 4 embryos left but are saving funds.
[nurses of Tulsa Fertility Center] They all showed compassion and were diligent in answering our questions quickly...The accounting/financial people are helpful but hard to get in touch with...IUI roughly $600 plus medication after insurance. IVF $12000 plus medication. Donor transfer $7000 plus medication...[Dr. McKinney is] knowledgable and great ability to explain the processes and procedures.she answered every question
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Very knowledgable and great ability to explain the processes and procedures.she answered every question and felt like more than a doctor. She was very to the point when needed but had a great balance of bed side manner.
Ask all the questions. No question is stupid.
She was very patient in answering all of our questions. She showed compassion for each loss and has been a champion that has encouraged us to not give up.
We did 4 eounds of IUI to try the most feasible option and were advised to give it a few trys. Then we did IVF and were told we may have low egg retrevial but were plesantly surprised with the number we recevied. After that failed though we did embryo adoption and had 2 embroys fail. We have 4 embryos left but are saving funds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Joni)
Great team both for our embryos and donor embryos! They all showed compassion and were diligent in answering our questions quickly.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
It can take a bit to get a call back, but that is understandable as they are busy and on tight schedules. The accounting/financial people are helpful but hard to get in touch with. The front desk person always knows who you are when you walk in the door. She is amazing.
We transfered two embryos each time as that is the most per our state law.
2012 - 2015, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
I couldn't have expected any greater experience. Infertility is such an extremely hard and difficult thing to experience, but if any light has come from it, I have had an incredible doctor to treat me through it all. She is absolutely amazing, and I don't know if I could say enough about her. She has stayed for hours to answer all the many questions I have had. She has was been very informative and given me all the options that I have available. She is always optimistic, but yet never fails to inform me of the risks and reasonable outcomes. She is caring, considerate, kind, funny, and just an amazing individual who has been through infertility herself. I would highly recommend her to ANYONE who is needing fertility treatments.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want. Knowing what you are going through and being educated about the whole realm of the situation can be very comforting.
I always felt like I was treated as an individual with my own infertility issues, and not just another patient. Everyone was always very sincere, caring, and helpful. When a doctor and nurse cry with you over a miscarriage, and even holds your hand until you fall asleep under anesthesia for your D&C, then you truly know that they deeply care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda, Kari)
Everyone makes you feel very comfortable when you are at their facility. Bed side manner has always been one of my top priorities, and the staff at TFC exceeds above and beyond.
2014, Unsuccessful
Dr McKinney is warm,caring and knowledgable. She was willing to try various treatments but was unable to help us achieve a successful pregnancy...We immediately went to IVF with ICSI due to male factor infertility and PCOS. We did not initially test our embryos but we were unsuccessful with our first IVF cycle which included a fresh transfer of two embryos and two frozen transfers of two embryos each. We had two chemical pregnancies from our frozen transfers.
This clinic's [Tulsa Fertility Center] biggest weakness I believe to be the lab. The embryologists seem to be knowledgable and well trained, but our embryos did not do as well in the lab in Tulsa as they did in our second clinic in Dallas....This clinic had occasional issues with losing appointments when managing my care as a satellite clinic for my second attempt at IVF at another clinic in Dallas.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr McKinney is extremely warm toward her patients. After many failed transfers she cried with us and seemed to take our failures personally.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
This clinic's biggest weakness I believe to be the lab. The embryologists seem to be knowledgable and well trained, but our embryos did not do as well in the lab in Tulsa as they did in our second clinic in Dallas.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Tulsa Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled between 8-10:00 am. The clinic tried to accommodate requests for earlier appointments.
What specific things went wrong at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Tulsa Fertility Center.
This clinic had occasional issues with losing appoinments when managing my care as a satellite clinic for my second attempt at IVF at another clinic in Dallas.
Tulsa
Dr. McKinney takes a very uncomfortable and anxious situation and makes it very comfortable for her patients. It's obvious that she loves her job and takes everything seriously. My husband, who does not like doctors, even likes going to see her.... Take notes. She is good at explaining everything and I wish I would write down what she is telling me.... The clinic [Tulsa Fertility Center] is a very nice, quiet, clean environment. The online patient portal
The clinic [Tulsa Fertility Center] is a very nice, quiet, clean environment. The online patient portal that they use is very easy to navigate and easy to communicate with the nurses through. They have an on-site lab and an on-site semen analysis as well.... [Cost of Treatment] Everything was told up-front and you're provided with handouts that describe insurance coverage or costs of procedures.... Dr. McKinney takes the time to explain every bit
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. McKinney takes the time to explain every bit of the process and is very caring towards her patients.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The clinic is a very nice, quiet, clean environment. The online patient portal that they use is very easy to navigate and easy to communicate with the nurses through. They have an on-site lab and an on-site semen analysis as well.
Tulsa

Dr. McKinney was so great! She never sugar coated anything and was very thorough in her explanations of each step and what she was looking at and for with each sonogram. She gave us hope after a lot of disappointment and struggle. She not only cared, she really listened to us and didn’t ever rush during appointments. I would definitely go back to be treated by her, if we decide to try for another baby.
It can get very busy in there [Tulsa Fertility Center] , but they get you through very quickly. You’re never in the waiting room too long. Doctors and nurses are very friendly. The nurses were great, and helped me to feel relaxed when I would get nervous before each ultrasound...Dr McKinney was wonderful. She always made us feel comfortable and she was always very thorough. We loved how she always “kept it real” with us and never gave us false hope. She’s very personable and really cares about her patients.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Don’t wait any longer to go see her.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
It can get very busy in there, but they get you through very quickly. You’re never in the waiting room too long. Doctors and nurses are very friendly. The nurses were great, and helped me to feel relaxed when I would get nervous before each ultrasound.
2014, Successful
I had a good experience. [with Dr Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center]. I like getting to the point and straight facts. She was fact driven and I think catered to what I needed in a physician. When I found out I was having twins and started crying she became the caring physician that I needed at that moment....She's works fast so have all your questions written out ahead of time....She knew we needed IVF/ICSI because of my husband's low semen count from the beginning. She had ruled me out as a reason for the infertility. She based the timing of the retrieval on the number of eggs and my lab values.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
I had a good experience. I like getting to the point and straight facts. She was fact driven and I think catered to what I needed in a physician. When I found out I was having twins and started crying she became the caring physician that I needed at that moment.
She's works fast so have all your questions written out ahead of time.
She was very honest about our changes of a live birth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Tulsa Fertility Center.
There was one nurse that I saw the most. I really appreciated her compassion and interested in our success.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The clinic is very well run.
Around 10,000 - 12,000
Tulsa

Dr. McKinney is personable and happy to answer questions. For the most part, I never felt rushed and she always seemed up to date on my particular case and details...Occasionally, she could come off as dismissive or arrogant, but those instances were rare and definitely didn't overshadow the overall appreciation that I had for her time and expertise...We did a total of 4 IUIs, the first 3 with clomid/monitoring/trigger shot, and the last and final one we added injectibles as a "hail mary." They were pretty standard IUI cycles with regular bloodwork and ultrasounds. I have a blocked tube and my husband has slight morphology issues, so we were treated basically as "unexplained" and went forward with regular IUIs, planning on IVF following the 4th IUI. Protocols
There were a few communication issues [at Tulsa Fertility Center], but overall, the nurses were very responsive through the portal and explained things well the few times I had to call. The staff in general were kind and organized!...Each full IUI cycle was about $1,500-$2,000 depending on how many ultrasounds I needed, and more for the last cycle where we added injectibles. This is completely out of pocket, no insurance coverage.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. McKinney is obviously intelligent and knowledgeable. It puts me at ease when a doctor quotes current research, which she did multiple times. I loved that I saw her at every appointment, and she did every ultrasound so I could ask questions during and get detailed responses. I'm the type of patient that wants to understand every single step and why decisions are being made! Occasionally, she could come off as dismissive or arrogant, but those instances were rare and definitely didn't overshadow the overall appreciation that I had for her time and expertise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Tulsa Fertility Center.
There were a few communication issues, but overall, the nurses were very responsive through the portal and explained things well the few times I had to call. The staff in general were kind and organized!
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I highly recommend Dr. McKinney for anyone with fertility issues, and for treatments up to IUI, but I was planning to go elsewhere for IVF. TFC has pretty bad IVF success rates (at least back when I looked in 2018) and I also wanted a shared risk program, so I had an appointment scheduled in Oklahoma City for IVF when I got pregnant with the 4th IUI.
Tulsa
Overall she [Dr. McKinney] is a no-nonsense doctor who will speak fairly realistically about treatment options. We do believe we were misled about the odds for outcomes because it changed from pre-treatment consultation to the post-retrieval meeting. ... Tried to relate to me personally, even though she followed a tight schedule ... The doctor stated one set of statistics on outcomes before treatment and then made a different statement during treatment that pushed us to further, costly treatment (another stimulation cycle).
Quick visits and generally short wait times [at Tulsa Fertility Center]. Give good information on costs of treatment and the approach to sharing information is very open for the most part. They have a business relationship with the pharmacy they refer patients to use, which they did not disclose prior to purchase. ... Around 13k for a retrieval cycle.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Overall she is a no-nonsense doctor who will speak fairly realistically about treatment options. We do believe we were misled about the odds for outcomes because it changed from pre-treatment consultation to the post-retrieval meeting.
Be thorough with the information you share and speak up for yourself. A doctor won’t know what you are willing to deal with if you don’t tell her.
Tried to relate to me personally, even though she followed a tight schedule
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Quick visits and generally short wait times. Give good information on costs of treatment and the approach to sharing information is very open for the most part. They have a business relationship with the pharmacy they refer patients to use, which they did not disclose prior to purchase.
Around 13k for a retrieval cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Tulsa Fertility Center.
2018, Consult
She [Dr. Shauna McKinney] is easy to talk to...understands what we are going through and covers all options throughly! She covered static’s and her res commendations throughly. She allowed my husband and I to be candid in our discussions. I can’t imagine a better doctor to support us during this process.... That she knows what you are going thru so who better to do your treatment!
The staff at this clinic [Tulsa Fertility Center] is always extremely professional, nice and accommodating. The atlmspehere is very laid back which helps make a tense and stressful situation easier to bare. It’s rare that I’ve had to wait but when I have the nurse and doctor are very apologetic.... Thy [the nursing staff] are all very nice supportive and helpful!... She is easy to talk to...understands what we are going through and covers all options throughly! She covered static’s and her res commendations throughly. She allowed my husband and I to be candid in our discussions. I can’t imagine a better doctor to support us during this process.
How was your experience with Shauna McKinney at Tulsa Fertility Center?
That she knows what you are going thru so who better to do your treatment!
She is very personable and very comforting while being realistic.
We have started treatment yet...
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Tulsa Fertility Center.
Thy are all very nice supportive and helpful!
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The staff at this clinic is always extremely professional, nice and accommodating. The atlmspehere is very laid back which helps make a tense and stressful situation easier to bare. It’s rare that I’ve had to wait but when I have the nurse and doctor are very apologetic.
So far costs have been very reasonable