Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyU. of Utah
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
St. George
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shawn Gurtcheff to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] explained that if i have 3 or more mature follicles we would not be able to move forward with an IUI, because of the chance of multiples. She is ok with two mature follicles for IUI...Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor, we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal...were able to speak with her and she assured us that she she looks at our chart often and is always aware of our situation. It helped us feel a little better, since we haven't seen her at any of our IUIs.
Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor [Dr. Gurtcheff], we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier...the nursing staff so far has been very kind and compassionate to us. We only had one problem with a nurse who has very short with us and didn't really answer our questions in detail, but i can't remember her name. There is one NP that I really like, her name is Anne-Marie. She explains everything so well and answers all of our lengthy questions. She is very sweet and I can tell she cares about my treatment. I prefer to have her help us each time, but it is never the same NP or nurse that gives me an ultrasound, etc.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
We have only met with Dr. Gurtcheff twice, and felt like we weren't receiving much communication from her or the plan she has set for us. We happened to see her on one of our many visits and were able to speak with her and she assured us that she she looks at our chart often and is always aware of our situation. It helped us feel a little better, since we haven't seen her at any of our IUIs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be upfront about what you want and how much time you're willing to spend on each step (timed intercourse, IUI, then onto IVF, etc.)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Between our 2nd and 3rd IUI we didn't have any communication with our doctor, we were frustrated but ended up meeting with her and made a new plan. we now communicate with her through the patient portal that Utah Fertility Center offers and it is much easier.
Describe the protocols Shawn Gurtcheff used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The first 2 IUIs i was just on Fermara, the upped my dose to the highest dosage for my second IUI. I came in every few days/once a week to check my follicle size, etc. once my follicle was mature, they had me use the trigger shot and i came in for my IUIs 24 hours later. For my 3rd IUI, we introduced Clomid and Fermara along with the ultrasounds and trigger shot. it seemed to help my follicles grow faster and larger, which was great. I had one on each side that was mature and the other times i only had one. I am starting my medication for my 4th IUI today - again with the highest dosage of fermara and clomid. I have developed a cyst on my left ovary in between my last IUI and now, but they just called me with my blood results and it is not estrogen producing, so we can move forward with my 4th IUI. Before my IUIs, we tried one cycle of timed intercourse with fermara and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is very nice and well kept, the woman that is at reception is awesome and remembers everyone's name, her name is Hilda. When it comes to the finance department, who answer questions about bills and charges, they could be a little more patient and compassionate. Sometimes they don't communicate adequately with reception, so reception with answer our questions about a bill and the answer will be wrong because they were not trained properly from Finance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.
for each IUI cycle, it costs around $900.00 plus medication, that is around $50.00. We have not gotten the cost numbers for IVF quite yet.
Describe Shawn Gurtcheff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
She explained that if i have 3 or more mature follicles we would not be able to move forward with an IUI, because of the chance of multiples. She is ok with two mature follicles for IUI.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.

2017 - 2019
she [Dr. Gurtcheff] is amazing at answering any questions you have...She was the Dr. who first diagnosed me with endometriosis. Since I was able to get pregnant naturally, she wanted me to continue trying while taking progesterone after I ovulated for a few more months. After that didn’t work, I decided to have surgery for my endometriosis. During surgery, They found I had stage 3 endometriosis, but the surgeon was confident he excised it all and told me to try naturally for 6 months.
They [nurses at Utah Fertility Center] are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective...Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket...The clinic is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Sometimes the wait times are long, but it just depends on the time of day. The staff is friendly and easy to get ahold of on the phone. The nurses line isn’t very easy to get ahold of however and you have to call back several times or leave a voicemail to speak with a nurse.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She has the best bedside manner and is very balanced with providing information and showing compassion. She is so patient and I never felt rushed when asking her questions. She is the most empathetic dr. I’ve ever had! She helped me understand what endometriosis is and was the reason I was diagnosed. I love her!
Come with questions prepared, she is amazing at answering any questions you have.
Dr. Gurtcheff is extremely empathetic and kind! She makes you feel like you are important and you’re not making up your pain. I love her!
When I first went to see Dr Gretcheff, I had told her I was able to get pregnant naturally after 2 years of trying, but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. She was the Dr. who first diagnosed me with endometriosis. Since I was able to get pregnant naturally, she wanted me to continue trying while taking progesterone after I ovulated for a few more months. After that didn’t work, I decided to have surgery for my endometriosis. During surgery, They found I had stage 3 endometriosis, but the surgeon was confident he excised it all and told me to try naturally for 6 months. After I wasn’t able to get pregnant for 6 months after my surgery, I went back to Dr. Gertcheff at the beginning of this year. We decided to try 3 rounds of IUI before pursuing IVF. The first round, I was taking 50 mg of clomid for 5 days after my baseline ultrasound. I produced 1mature egg that round and we did the IUI. We waited for 2 weeks and the results were negative. Dr. Gurtcheff increased my clomid up to 100 mg for the second round, which also produced 1 mature egg and was also negative. For the 3rd IUI, she increased my clomid to 150 mg which produced 2 mature eggs. I’m still waiting to see if the 3rd one worked, but if it is negative our next step would be IVF. We have been trying to get pregnant for a total of 4 years now.
They are all very nice and some of them were also patients at my clinic so they understand what it’s like from a patient perspective.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Each IUI is $875 which we had to pay out of pocket. I don’t know how much IVF would be. The trigger shot and progesterone were about $200 together. Clomid was $40.

2017 - 2019
Dr Gurtcheff is a very good doctor. She has always taken care of my wife and has he best intentions of getting us a baby. She has given us hope that one day we will have a baby. She is very thorough in her research and describes what will be the best course for us in a way that easy to understand...We first did eSET as recommended to have a successful pregnancy and is considering and proposing multiple per the embryos we have left after that.
The staff an clinic [Utah Fertility Center] have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into...The nursing staff was always very friendly and always very willing to help. They always made themselves available to answer any questions or concerns even after hours. Though sometimes we had to wait for them to return calls theybalways did. I always felt we were well taken care of.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Go into every appointment with an open heart and open mind. Infertility is a rough road and you will not get the results you want all the time. Dr Gurtcheff will do her best to help you through and understand all the processes
Dr Gurtcheff was extremely friendly, professional, courteous, and connected to us and our results. I always felt that Dr Gurtcheff had the health and safety of my wife in mind. Although we had to have our first collection cancelled. We always felt like she was doing her best to get us there. Even through our negative pregnancy test we have always felt like dr Gurtcheff has a plan for us.
My wife received started collection medication. She then performed a standard collection followed by a fresh transfer
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Although very far from of our house I have not had any negative interactions from the clinic. The staff an clinic have always treated us well. We have always been well informed and know what we are getting into.
We have spent around 15$ for medication and treatment trying to conveive
+ Read more- Read less

I’ve only seen her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.... My last cycle for IUI - I was taking Clomid 2.5 mg, Fermara 7.5 mg Dexamethasone, and for ovulation I toke Pregnyl.
I would love them [Utah Fertility Center- Murray] more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.... During procedures they weren’t telling me enough about what’s going on like HSG or the water ultrasound. They would just tell me come back and we will schedule you for another appointment! Please just tell me what’s happening.
South Asian, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I’ve only seen her once. That was only for the consultation. I understand she is a busy woman but it would be nice to have your doctor perform or explain treatment plan for that cycle. I would love to see her more often for appointments. I’m a little nervous for IVF so hopefully she will be the one explaining the process and be performing the treatment.
Come in with questions, always be communicate with her staff, and don’t be afraid to tell them anything.
It’s mostly from her team. They would just give me my calendar and not explain anything especially when I got my HSG it was painful and they were not comforting. My IUI’s (I have a tilited uterus and they wouldn’t ask for help when trying to attempt to put the catheter in)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would love them more if they weren’t always rushing patients. I would want to know more what’s happening and what the pills or procedure will do for me. They should be more responsive on their patient portal. I almost missed a cycle waiting for their reply.
Spent $500 for timed intercourse, spent $1000 (including medicine) for one IUI, other two IUIs were covered by insurance but probably spent $200 on medicine each cycle.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely patient and sensitive to our needs and emotions the entire time. Unexplained infertility is a very emotional and taxing diagnosis. When you don't know why it's not working; its as frustrating to the doctor as it is for the patient. Dr. Gurtcheff was genuinely upset each failed cycle. She took additional time to help us through each failed cycle, and spent hours explaining as much as possible. Even though we were not successful, I love Dr. Gurtcheff and when we are ready to try again (for a complete new cycle and egg retrieval), I would go back to her in a heartbeat. Another thing I have to mention is that she always took the time to call me directly, rather than having her nurses do it.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with [at Utah Fertility Center]. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
My husband and I started out seeing Dr. Peterson with the University of Utah. We had all three cycles of IUI with him. When we started into the IVF process, things got really messy and we knew that it wasn't the right fit. So we decided to do our homework. We had some good friends who had been to Utah Fertility Center, and had loved their experience. So we decided to set up a consult with Dr. Gurtcheff. Right away, we felt completely comfortable with her and even though we were taking this huge leap in the fertility world; we felt confident that we would be successful with her and she would guide us through the process each step. Dr. Gurtcheff was very confident that we would be successful. We were the "picture perfect" candidates for IVF and even though I had low egg reserve, we were sure that we would be successful on the 2nd or 3rd cycle. We started into our cycle, and I began injections, medications, daily appointments, etc. My body responded really well and I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many side effects from all the hormones. I did end up having to stem for an extra two days, so i did a total of 12 days of injections. Normally, I didn't see Dr. Gurtcheff for the ultrasounds (these were performed by the Nurse Practitioners or PA's). So on the day of egg retrieval, I was very excited to see our doctor again. She was very sensitive to my needs, taking the time to go over any questions we had before the retrieval. She was very kind and caring, almost nurturing in a way. This process is scary, and she helped ease our minds. The egg retrieval went really well, and we ended up with 17 follicles. Over the course of the 5 days, we ended up with 7 perfectly healthy embryos. So we felt very fortunate. We did not do PGS testing because we didn't really fit the bill. Looking back now, I wish so badly we would have. We proceeded with a 5 day fresh transfer and transferred 1 embryo. We froze the remainder. One thing I want to mention here is that I have a history of having an inadequate cervix (I had two surgeries on my cervix in the past). Dr. Gurtcheff was extremely concerned about this and took all the appropriate measures to ensure that we were handling the situation appropriately. She did not feel comfortable transferring more than 1 embryo at a time where we did not know how my cervix would hold up under pressure. I felt very confident in her expertise and knowledge, as well as comforted knowing she had my best interest in mind. The first cycle was unfortunately unsuccessful, but we had been prepared that might be the case. We didn't let us deter us, and we pressed forward. The first frozen transfer went smoothly; again, Dr. Gurtcheff was fabulous and walked us through the procedure. We chatted through the transfer like old friends. Fast forward... the second transfer also failed. We were all perplexed, but we still felt hopeful because we had 5 frozen embryos still and knew our chances continued to increase with each subsequent transfer. We proceeded with our third transfer (second FET). With hopeful hearts, we waited the 2 weeks (anyone in the fertility world knows that this is the worst 2 weeks ever and truly feels like a lifetime). The wait was finally over, we got the call and we were ecstatic to find out that we were pregnant! FINALLY pregnant! After 3 years of infertility. I can honestly say that is probably the happiest day of my life. Dr. Gurtcheff was excited for us and we started to prepare for the next step. A week later, I went in for an HCG test to make sure my levels were still rising. Unfortunately, they had not, and in fact, they had dropped. I was having a miscarriage and the pregnancy was not viable. We were crushed. Just like that, it was taken away from us. With no further answers, we directed our questions to Dr. Gurtcheff, and although she was uncertain why it hadn't worked either, she was sensitive and caring and literally spent almost an hour with me on the phone to comfort me and talk me through possible scenarios as well as new plans to move forward. Moving through the next few cycles was hard, and I was losing hope with each failed round. Dr. Gurtcheff did research and we tried new things, and new medications. We even tried a non-medicated cycle on one of them, and just used my own bodies hormones. We also transferred 2 embryos on another. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, none of them worked. We never even became pregnant again. At this point, I had been diagnosed with repeated implantation failure. After 6 full transfers, and no successful live births, we had officially shut down and our hearts were broken. We knew we needed to take a break. Dr. Gurtcheff remained compassionate and understanding. We met for a final consult after our last failed round, and we discussed the next plan of action; another retrieval, with PGS testing this time, and a few other tests. One or two more transfers, possibly. Then, we start looking at surrogacy if needed. Statistically, couples are more likely to be successful on their 6th or subsequent transfer. We hold onto that and hold onto the hope that when we are ready to try again, we will be successful and will get our miracle baby. It has been 4 years since we started infertility treatments, and we have not been successful yet. It has been truly the hardest trial of our lives. Even though we were not successful, I can honestly say that Dr. Gurtcheff made the process easier. Infertility is not an easy subject, and I'm sure that going into the profession is not an easy choice. Watching couples be successful is the most rewarding part of their job. But when couples aren't successful, it also negatively affects them, and I believe that Dr. Gurtcheff was sincerely disheartened every time we got a negative result. She felt the emotions with us. We have since taken 7 months off, and we are focusing on other things right now. But when we are ready to try again, we will be returning to Utah Fertility Center and we will see Dr. Gurtcheff. We have invested a lot of money and time, and emotions into this trial, and coming up empty handed has been extremely hard. But we are strong-willed, and are not ready to give up the fight yet.
Make sure you have all the questions you want answered at the time of your consult. Also, inquire about resources; i.e. therapy, help groups, etc. My husband and I didn't really look into these options in the beginning and they would have been very useful throughout the process. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the consult, but perhaps it should have been a bigger part of the conversation. Infertility is very taxing on a couple and a marriage.
I sort of already discussed our cycles in detail but some of the specifics I can remember that we did differently: 1) not transferring more than 1 embryo at a time (with the exception of one cycle and only after consulting with my high risk doctor). 2) 5 medicated cycles, and 1 natural cycle 3) Repeated testing (I did 2 HSG tests. Which btw are the WORST). But, when I had my first, i was with a different doctor and they did not put me under and I almost passed out from the pain. When Dr. Gurtcheff did it the second time, she was shocked to learn that they hadn't put me to sleep. We did this the second time and it was a much more pleasant experience. Again, a reason why Dr. Gurtcheff is amazing. 4) We tried a new medication called Neupogen due to repeated implantation failure. 5) We did not do PGS testing on our embryos. We plan to do that when we do our next full cycle.
For the most part, the nurses and staff were really great to work with. I feel like I had a better overall experience with my nurses that were assigned to my FET cycles rather than my fresh. Occasionally, I felt like it was difficult to get in touch with the staff, and often felt like I was leaving voicemails rather than actually speaking to someone the first time I called. I do think that they organized my cycles really well, and they were good about getting medications called in in an appropriate time frame. The only complaint I think I had was sometimes, I waited longer in the waiting room, even though I had appointments, than I should have. But that's to be expected. In all honesty, 1 in 8 couples struggle with infertility, and we are in Utah, where more people are having families. I think that the clinic is extremely busy and I think they do the best they can to juggle the patient volume. I never felt like I was being ignored or like I wasn't a priority. Every patient there is there for the same reason I was; to have a baby.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and organized. It's very welcoming. The baby pictures offer hope, and bring a smile to your face even when you're feeling hopeless. I live in Salt Lake City and I Loved how I could have all my blood draws and ultrasounds done at the Murray clinic (which is conveniently close to my house). This made each cycle so much easier to navigate. The amount of appointments per cycle is crazy, and it would not have worked as well if I would have had to drive to Pleasant Grove for every single one. The egg retrieval, HSG testing and embryo transfers were all done at the Pleasant Grove center. The PG clinic is very clean and I like the layout of it. Both clinics are conveniently located close to the freeway. I would always recommend going in comfy clothes when you go for your retrievals and transfers. Wear pants that are lose and comfortable because most likely, you'll go home and sleep/rest for a few days. Also, always, always, always wear socks! Warm feet= warm uterus! :) But for real, it's just better to have socks on when you're walking around the rooms in bear feet.
OH boy.. how can I forget the absorbent costs associated with infertility treatments. hah. From beginning to end, with four years of infertility treatments, we have spent close to 30,000 dollars on TTC. Between medications, IUI, additional testing and actual IVF. Unfortunately, neither of our organizations that we work for, nor do our insurance companies, help with infertility expenses. It's always been a very troubling concept to me. They say where it's elective, it's not covered. But I can vouch for every single woman who struggles to have a child naturally, that being infertile is NOT elective. No one chooses to be diagnosed with infertility. Yes, the process of moving forward with infertility treatment is a choice; but only after couples have exhausted all other options. As women, we are physiologically designed to conceive and carry babies. When that piece of you is broken, it's an internal struggle every day to really believe that something is wrong with you. I wish more insurance companies would consider this. IVF is expensive. But how can you put a price on true happiness; how can you put a price on a child of your own.
We chose to do ICSI and had great results. We got 7 embryos that all made it to the full blastocyst stage and thawed beautifully each time. We did not grade them. But they always looked beautiful under the microscope. Obviously, there is no way to truly know without doing PGS testing.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gurtcheff] has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do.
They [Utah Fertility Center] have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. ... It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. ... The front desk staff have always been personable.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr Gurtcheff has always been happy to talk through any questions I’ve had and explain any of the treatments we were moving forward with. She has been clear in communicating our next steps when previous treatments didn’t work. When simply taking clomid and timing intercourse didn’t work after the third try she suggested we move to the next step trying an IUI so we didn’t waste our money on something we felt fairly confidently wouldn’t work. She has been patient with our hesitations and been willing to go with our plan and desires when they did not match her suggestions, but has been clear about what we can expect if we adjust our plan and try something new. After 3 failed IUI attempts she suggested that we move on to ivf with the better odds for those in our situation, but was very patient when we waited for 6 months taking a break and deciding what we wanted to do. When we did decide to move forward with ivf after another bad summer of cysts and growing endometriosis she was quick to adjust the plan to accommodate the growing severity of my endometriosis and suggested a specialist who could perform surgery this time to remove my cysts while preserving and keeping my right ovary, and was involved at each step (minus the actual surgery). While we are just now starting the actual process of our first round of ivf I feel confidently that Dr Gurtcheff will continue to support and treat me to the best of her ability, with her best plan for my own situation.
Come prepared with questions and don’t hesitate in asking anything. She’s so happy to answer questions, but can’t predict all of them. And there are no stupid questions, ever.
I have always been reminded that this is my journey and my body and as such I control that journey and what we do and do not do. I have stage 4 endometriosis and my doctor is the one that performed the surgery to remove some large cysts and make the diagnosis of endometriosis and she has always been upfront about what that meant for us and how we move forward with fertility treatments.
In my first three months of treatments I started with a baseline appointment and then took clomid for 5 days, had another ultrasound to check the stimulation of my follicles. When the timing was right following that second ultrasound I would give myself the hcg trigger shot and then my husband and I would have sex 12 and 24 hours after the shot. I then took progesterone suppositories until my blood test to confirm if I was pregnant or not. The following treatment was the same except that rather than my husband and I having sex we did the interuterine insemination, but the timing and medication was the same. I then had my first laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and clean up my endometriosis. Following the surgery we did two more rounds of the IUI but used femara instead of clomid as it is supposed to be better for women with endometriosis. None of the treatments were successful so we took a break over the summer while we were doing some traveling, and to give my body some rest. We will be doing our first round of ivf in a month.
They have always been incredibly nice and helpful when I have been in the office. They have been more difficult to communicate with while I have been away from the office. They aren’t especially quick to return calls when I have had questions. With that being said, now that we are doing ivf we have been assigned a nurse/coordinator who has been incredibly easy to talk to and coordinate with and she is always quick to return phone calls.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They have extended hours which means if I can book my appointment far enough in advance then I can schedule an early or late appointment and not miss any work. The front desk staff have always been personable. It’s typically not too difficult to schedule appointments over the phone and only rarely have I not reached someone when calling the front desk. It has also always been easy to pay my balance, however t does sometimes take a while for the bill to be posted.
The Cycle of clomid, with a trigger shot, and times intercourse, we paid around $300 a month. Each IUI cycle cost $1000.

2012 - 2018
Dr. Gurtcheff is kind and compassionate. She seems genuinely invested in helping me see a good outcome. She is easy to meet with, available at several locations and over the phone or via email. She listens and is honest about the probability of success...did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done.
She [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite...I was given incorrect information after my HCG blood test. The first test came back low, so I knew the outcome might not be good. I had a repeat test done and the wrong number was written on my chart (or the doctor read it wrong) and the coordinator called me to say it was going up and things were looking good. The doctor called me later that night to correct the mistake and tell me that my numbers were not as high as first reported and that I would likely still miscarry.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was first a patient of Dr. Gurtcheff's in 2012 after trying to get pregnant for over a year. I was seeing her in Pleasant Grove and then saw her in Murray when they opened their location there. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and two IUIs with injectables and was not able to get pregnant. When she recommended we move on to IVF, we moved to MA and continued our care there, under Dr. Zimon. I resumed my care with Dr Gurtcheff when we wanted to try for another pregnancy with our frozen embryos. We moved our embryos from Boston to UT. I lost both of those embryos, so now we are pursuing donated embryos in hopes of a successful pregnancy.
Stay up to date on current research, ask all your questions.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid in 2012. I always responded to meds and had 1-2 mature follicles, but no pregnancy. I did 2 IUI cycles with her as well, both with injectable meds. My husband has good sperm counts, but neither IUI was successful. My AMH was low and dropping, so it was recommended we move on to IVF, which we did (but with another clinic and doctor out of state). For my FET cycles, I took estradiol valerate to prep for FET and PIO to help support pregnancy. My first transfer had a positive pregnancy test, but HCG levels were low and never went up appropriately. I had an early miscarriage after verifying via ultrasound no viable pregnancy. Dr. Gurtcheff did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done. My second FET was similar to the first and resulted in a successful pregnancy until 13 weeks when I developed a SCH that caused me to miscarry. She was supportive of us trying IVF with our own eggs again, but my insurance denied coverage due to high FSH levels, so we are pursuing donated embryos at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory Oliverson)
She does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I like that the clinic is small, but they have several locations so I can always get in to be seen in a timely manner. The billing department seems a bit unorganized. I like that I can communicate easily with my doctor. I like that my doctor has done all my procedures.
FET was $2900.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] had done her research on my particular situation before meeting with me and I could tell that she was interested in lowering all potential risks from my blood issue. She was willing to get all my medical doctors involved to come up with the best plan for me to be successful. I felt like she was going above and beyond for my care and she did it without hesitation. Her genuine care and concern is just one of her best qualities.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove] was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.... My treatment was put together with input from my other medical doctors. After having my first daughter, I suffered a pulmonary embolism. I am prone to blood clots and that is high risk with high levels of hormones. I am taking an estrogen blocker as well as heparin. Then after the egg retrieval I will take lovinox injections to lower the risk of blood clots.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was referred to Dr G from my OB/GYN. I trust my OB with my life (She literally saved mine) so I felt very comfortable from the first time meeting her. She had done her research on my particular situation before meeting with me and I could tell that she was interested in lowering all potential risks from my blood issue. She was willing to get all my medical doctors involved to come up with the best plan for me to be successful. I felt like she was going above and beyond for my care and she did it without hesitation. Her genuine care and concern is just one of her best qualities.
Go into your initial appointment with an open mind and heart. That way you will be able to hear and see that she has a genuine love for her job and helping people.
Before meeting Dr G I had talked with another Fertility Dr. He made me feel like I wasn't a good candidate. From the moment I met Dr G she was very caring and made every effort to make me feel comfortable.
Nursing staff made me feel very comfortable with every visit, Whether we were meeting for blood work or ultrasound, they were very professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic was very fast at getting me checked in and also seeing a doctor. Waiting area was very clean and welcoming. I had to take my daughter with me to one of my appointments and everyone was very helpful with her and acted like she was not an inconvenience.
The treatment cost was an IVF cycle With Gestational Carrier
I had already decided that only one embryo would be transferred at a time prior to meeting.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr Gurtcheff is very sweet and easy to talk to. she is great at explaining everything throughout the whole process. she truly seems to have my best interest in mind and seems to want us to get pregnant as badly as we want it.... when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS.
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs [at Utah Fertility Center] that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.... the MAs seem unprofessional at times, but I have LOVED the doctors and nurse practitioners that I have talked to. everyone seems to have my best interest in mind. it can also be very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone, but I understand that they are very busy and they do really well at returning phone calls.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
ask her anything! she is a fountain of knowledge. I had so many questions and worries with my last miscarriage and there wasn't one thing she couldn't answer and she assured me that this wasnt my fault and involved me when deciding a new care plan.
she met with us in her office multiple times, and called me personally to discuss my new diagnosis of pcos. her staff always calls to check up on me each cycle and she makes sure I am well informed and involved in my care.
when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS. she then started me on provera to start a period and I did. then we did 2.5 mg of femara to help me ovulate because I wasn't ovulating on my own. that dose didn't work and she increased to 5 mg the next month. I ovulated and got pregnant, but unfortunately ended in miscarriage. the following month we did 5mg of femara again but no ovulation, so she increased it to 7.5. I have been on that dose for two cycles now and have ovulated both times. she also gave me the option during the process to do timed intercourse with monitoring at any point, but I decided to wait and try just the femara for a while first. each cycle she has done a 21 day progesterone to confirm ovulation and if I ovulate then she does an HCG test the week after. she has given me a lot of options for what steps to take next, especially after my miscarriage, which I appreciate! since the miscarriage she has also started me on 200 mg of prometrium twice a day each cycle after ovulation is confirmed and baby aspirin once a day. prometrium was done a couple other times on the cycles that I didn't ovulate to start a period
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
I feel like she [Dr. Gurtcheff] did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist...She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them....Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
[Utah Fert Ctr - PG] Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in...I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs...The nursing staff was professional and attentive. Always made me feel comfortable and informed....
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I feel like she did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist
Ask questions you are unsure of, and speak up. She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them.
I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs. The only time I ever felt frustrated was working with the schedule lady who didn't understand why I had to work and it was difficult to make all of the appointments.
I used 7.5mg of femera, as well as 75units of follistim. This resulted in 1 beautiful follicle. Hcg trigger and iui. However did not result in pregnancy. The second iui 10mg femera, 3, 75 unit doses of follistim due to poor initial response. Hcg trigger and iui 48 hours later. Also used Estrace due to thin uterine linning. Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in. However, once you have your initial visit the go to great lengths to accommodate you.
Because we have insurance that doesn't cover infertility costs build rather quickly. Each iui cycle was $800.00 out of pocket for monitoring and procedure. Plus on average of $500.00 for meds.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff... The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.... The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time
European, Latino
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff. They were great, but I felt like there were a lot of questions at times that I couldn't get answers to because I wasn't able to speak with Dr. Gurtcheff directly.
Write down all your questions so you can ask while she's around because you don't always get the opportunity to later.
Dr. Gurtcheff did an amazing job of showing how much she cares & feels for our situation. We have secondary infertility & I was nervous to see a doctor because I didn't want them to think treating me was less important because I already have one kid. Dr. Gurtcheff really seemed to understand our desire to grow our family & give our son a sibling. She reassured us & made us feel comfortable the whole time.
Dr. Gurtcheff explained that clomid on it's own isn't that affective & neither is the IUI. She recommended we do a combination of both to increase our chances. I appreciated the more aggressive approach. We were to try this method up to 3 times because the success rates are supposed to be cumulative so with each attempt our chances go up. After 3 times we would save up for/prepare for ivf.
They were organized, experienced, & very professional. Very warm & friendly. It was easy to feel comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.
IUI and baseline ultrasound -$875 HCG trigger shot, progesterone, & clomid - together cost around $200 Other tests and appointments I was billed around $400

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.... She always made sure that I asked questions and she would answer them. She always try to normalize how I felt every step of the way
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location [Utah Fertility Ctr- Murray]. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time.... My Care coordinator has always been available to answer my questions, returns my phone calls quickly, and just overall a very compassionate person. She has shown me that she is invested in myself being able to conceive as much as I am. She is simply amazing
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.
If you were looking for someone who knows what they are doing she is the one that can figure out what is wrong and what is the best course of treatment. She is also very smart and empathetic you would love her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker )
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time. They also help to answer any question that you may have about your fertility
I have had insurance coverage which has helped. In total I have paid out of pocket around 1300. With IVF I do not have insurance coverage so that will be more costly, we are looking at about 13,000 which includes medication for one round
+ Read more- Read less

I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic...I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person...We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg.
The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way...Good personable staff. I would like to see them answer questions via phone faster. It would take hours (most likely until the end of the day) until i would get a response to a question. Their online portal was nice to email questions but again was unpredictable as to when i would hear back....Getting prescriptions was a pain to deal with insurance. I had a situation where they would not refill a prescription because of the way they wrote the initial one.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic but it was too expensive since this is not covered by my insurance.
I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person
The nurses were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way.
We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg. She wanted to stimulate my ovaries but not overdo it which makes sense. The injectables finally produced a follicle for a cycle treatment.
Most of the nurses were awesome! There were some that seemed too busy to answer questions. I would have to leave a message and wait hours before i could get an answer.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Trials were different costs. Timed intercouse was roughly $500 but with medications more around $700. IUI was around $800 and with medications more around $1000 every trial.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gurtcheff] cared. She listened, let me ask 100 questions, didn't rush me, and took time to explain every detail...She personally called and congradulated us right after we got our BFP, she called and wished us luck when we graduated from UFC, and she called and checked in on me the day after our IUI. She may not have been able to be there in person for things, but I always felt like she still cared and had a strong handle on our case
[The nurses at Utah Fertility Center were] Amazing. No other word to describe it. I called them ALL THE TIME over every little question I had and they were SO PATIENT and reassured me my thoughts and concerns were valid and they walked me through everything...$825 IUI... I always felt very well taken care of. The only weakness I have of the clinic is the receptionist and billing. 9/10 our billing was good, but there were a few times I asked a few questions on our billing and always got the "I don't know" answer. When it came time to pay for the IUI in full the billing lady seemed very annoyed that I was asking her questions regarding the payment.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
We only met with Dr. Gurtcheff once (first appointment), but she would personally call us after each big appointment to make sure we knew she was still there for us. She personally called and congradulated us right after we got our BFP, she called and wished us luck when we graduated from UFC, and she called and checked in on me the day after our IUI. She may not have been able to be there in person for things, but I always felt like she still cared and had a strong handle on our case
Ask as many questions as you'd like! She will have the answer and I promise there's no such thing as a stupid question
She cared. She listened, let me ask 100 questions, didn't rush me, and took time to explain every detail
I had already done Chlomid (6 months), sperm analysis, blood work, and HSG before visiting Gurtcheff. I was very honest with Dr. Gurtcheff that we did not want to waist anymore time. We were financially ready to take the next step into IUI and the only thing holding us back was finding the proper clinic to take us there. She reordered some blood work to confirm a few things (ovulation still strong), did an ultrasound (confirm no cysts, uterine lining looked good), adjusted my meds (from Chlomid to Femara) and we proceeded with IUI. I adjusted my diet slightly, got an ultra sound on CD 11 which showed my uterine lining needed to be just a little thicker so I was prescribed some meds for the night. I had an HSG injection that night as well. We did the IUI on CD 12, followed by progesterone until the blood test results came back 2 weeks later to see if I was pregnant. I walked into that clinic on Feb 1 and found out I was pregnant March 9.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Doctors and nurses were AMAZING! I always felt very well taken care of. The only weakness I have of the clinic is the receptionist and billing. 9/10 our billing was good, but there were a few times I asked a few questions on our billing and always got the "I don't know" answer. When it came time to pay for the IUI in full the billing lady seemed very annoyed that I was asking her questions regarding the payment. I had a cyst that needed to be tested, so I asked if the cyst came back positive and I couldn't even do IUI if I would get my money back or if I could use the money towards a different course of treatment. She rudely responded "we do not give refunds ever". The receptionist was always nice! When we were doing our IUI we were told to collect the goods (sperm) and get to the clinic ASAP. My husband and I live kinda far so we did all that we could to get the sperm there on time when we arrived I panickly told the receptionist I had the sperm and we had very few minutes to spare ... to which she told me to sit down. She almost forgot about us! Thankfully me and my paranoid self had a timer going and had to remind her it needed to go back NOW.
$825 IUI $100 HCG injections $50 visit $2 Femara $170 progesterone

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Poor Egg Quality, Other
During the process things were fairly routine but when it began to look like we wouldn’t get the outcome we hoped for she [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] was incredibly kind and compassionate. She cried with us and offered free consults later to develop new plans moving forward. She emailed me a few times about personal things that she was following up on and stayed involved with us which made it feel like she’s been an ally
I would want to know more about various medication options and what the financial options are [at Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove]. I did like how kind the staff is and how quickly they made us feel at ease each time that we visited. Sometimes they decided to just check something really quick that they were curious about and that sometimes hit us hard when it came to billing. I was impressed by how successful so many of our friends have been through using this clinic so it gives me hope for our future treatments
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Shawn is incredibly compassionate and takes joy in helping her patients. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that it easy to understand: you’ll leave feeling like you’ve gained a friend.
Make sure you are on the same page as to what you want and what you can expect to happen if treatments don’t go as planned how things will be adjusted and what your options will be so that you can prepare
During the process things were fairly routine but when it began to look like we wouldn’t get the outcome we hoped for she was incredibly kind and compassionate. She cried with us and offered free consults later to develop new plans moving forward. She emailed me a few times about personal things that she was following up on and stayed involved with us which made it feel like she’s been an ally
I don’t remember the specifics as far as protocols. I know I was on injections for IVF with the hopes that we could freeze embryos and use a gestational carrier. My eggs never seemed to be fully ready for retrieval and we only ended up with two but none that could be frozen. If we move forward again she has explained that we will use a more involved protocol
I don’t think we had a one individual nurse but everyone we worked with was friendly and made us feel very comfortable
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would want to know more about various medication options and what the financial options are. I did like how kind the staff is and how quickly they made us feel at ease each time that we visited. Sometimes they decided to just check something really quick that they were curious about and that sometimes hit us hard when it came to billing. I was impressed by how successful so many of our friends have been through using this clinic so it gives me hope for our future treatments
We spent around 13k between care, medications, retrieval and insemination. I know when comparing to other clinics that this is reasonable but it felt like a lot when we were left with no embryos to transfer
I had the desire to transfer two embryos since they didn’t seem to be as good if quality but she explained the risks and why we would be wise to do single embryo transfers but we never made it far enough to be able to do that

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Gurtcheff was very kind and was excellent at communicating possible issues and complications. I think my only criticism would be a lack of her involvement during my IUI’s. She wasn’t in attendance for any of those procedures and I actually only met with her in person ONE time. All of my other interactions were over the phone. I would have appreciated a little more involvement on her part with the stressful IUI procedure.
I loved the Murray clinic [Utah Fertility Center]. It was much more intimate and I felt like they really cared about me and my outcome. The Pleasant Grove facility is much larger and feels more like a “fertility farm”. However, that could be because I only visited that locations a limited amount of times. The only weakness I felt was just a few small encounters with staff members and the lack of time with Dr. Gurtcheff. Otherwise it was a fabulous experience.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Good question. I’m not sure any of my advice would change the way the clinic or Dr. Gurtcheff operate. I’d possibly tell a prospective client to ask for more of the doctor’s involvement up front.
The clinic was great and very empathetic. The staff was very friendly and after my second visit they remembered my name and who I was.
I had blood work done and it was found that my thyroid was a little low so I went in thyroid medication. I also had a hysteropalpingogram to make sure my Fallopian tubes were functioning properly. The test was great and didn’t produce any negative response. My egg supply was surprisingly high for my AMA and also high considering I only have one ovary. My husbands sperm count was tested and all was well in that department. Basically, all of my tests came back without any reason for infertility. One thing that was a little concerning was a diabetes diagnosis a few months after my final IUI treatment, thanks to my PCOS. I was a little confused as to why my blood sugars weren’t tested during the conception procedures as that can have a major effect on conception.
The majority of the nursing staff was very helpful and nice. I had one really difficult transfer with a new PA that was a little traumatic. Of course there were times when some staff members weren’t as friendly but we all have bad days!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved the Murray clinic. It was much more intimate and I felt like they really cared about me and my outcome. The Pleasant Grove facility is much larger and feels more like a “fertility farm”. However, that could be because I only visited that locations a limited amount of times. The only weakness I felt was just a few small encounters with staff members and the lack of time with Dr. Gurtcheff. Otherwise it was a fabulous experience.
It was between $9000-$10000 out of pocket and some of my HSA.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shawn Gurtreff] truly understood how much We wanted andswers and how much we wanted a baby. You could tell that she just wanted to help and wanted to make sure we were heard. She showed that even if it didn’t work for us, she wanted to make sure we did all we could to make sure we didn’t have any regrets.
[At UFC-Pleasant Grove] Own nursing staff for each dr. Make sure you know how the office operates and you won’t have any unwelcome surprises. Ask questions about procedures and you will get more information than you knew you wanted. Info is available and will be given but you can be explained as much or as little as you want. But you must communicate.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was truly the reason we had success. She was there to make sure we felt like we were a priority and like we had someone on our team. She made it feel like she wanted success as much as we did. Without her I would have given up a long time ago. Because of her knowledge and determination, I now have my amazing and perfect miracle baby!
Make sure she knows you mean business and you will stop at nothing! I made sure to let her know I had done my research and I would ask her about everything I could find. She was happy to research anything I asked about. She is great at communicating but I also came with a lot of my own questions.
She truly understood how much We wanted andswers and how much we wanted a baby. You could tell that she just wanted to help and wanted to make sure we were heard. She showed that even if it didn’t work for us, she wanted to make sure we did all we could to make sure we didn’t have any regrets.
We did a typical protocol without Lupron first. We started with birth control and then right into follistim and menopur. Stimmed for 9 days and retreival went perfect. Retrieved 19, 16 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. We didn’t plan on ICSI but my husbands sperm dropped motility (I think it was motility) when they went to fertilize naturally, so dr G told the embryologist to not risk anything and just do ICSI (they didn’t charge us). On day 3 we still had 15 growing. Day 5 we transferred a morula and had no blasts but 6 more we let still grow for another day to see if they would become blasts to be able to freeze. Dad 6 all the remaining had arrested and the fresh transfer didn’t result in pregnancy. The second cycle we started with Lupron and did only menopur to try to help with quality we had to up the menopur dose to 3 vials per day at one point. We stimmed for 11 days (maybe 12 I can’t remember) and retrieved 7 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI. 5 still growing on day 3. Day 5 we had 4 still, we transferred 1 and let the others grow some more to see if they would make it to blast. None made it and arrested on day 6. This smcycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test too. Cycle 3 we started right away and didn’t use anything to suppress at all. We did a complete natural start and did half a vial of menopur and follistim. We only stimmed 8 days before trigger. We had 21 retrieved, 19 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. Still had 15 on day 3 and day 5 we had 4 still growing with one expanded blast to transfer. We waited until day 6 for the other 3 to see if they would catch up and they did! We froze 3 blasts. The cycle resulted in a negative again and we did an ERA test to check for receptivity. We waited for those results and everything came back good. We waited a couple of months because my estrogen levels took a very long time to get back to normal levels, then we geared up for the first frozen transfer. We did a natural start again and transferred a low quality embryo. All went as planned and we now have a 9 month old miracle baby. Dr g has been amazing and was so excited to have us bring him back to meet her and her staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Each doctor has their own nursing staff and own line for communication. They did a bit of restructuring and it was a little rough for the transition for patients and the staff to get used to the new system but it is great now and so helpful! Morgan was great and Danica is also great! They are awesome and made sure I was helped and listened to.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They tried to bill everything through Insurance. The out of pocket cost to me Was the same regardless of whether or not they tried to bill Insurance. I had one clinic I was going to go to that would check with Insurance but if they didn’t pay anything, I would have a higher cost than if I just didn’t have them try to bill Insurance. With UFC they would always try to bill Insurance and if Insurance wouldn’t cover it, the cost to me didn’t change. I felt like UFC knew their way around Insurance and knew what was able to be billed to Insurance so that there was minimal cost to me out of pocket and minimal confusion about what things would cost.
I have a unicornuate uterus (I only have half a uterus) and dr g said we will transfer 1 embryo and 1 embryo only. It is not same for baby and not safe for mom.

2012 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr G [Shawn Gurtcheff] is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She is a gentle communicator, and very helpful. She was just as determined as us to help as achieve our goal of having a baby. We experienced recurrent pregnancy loss with our first 3 IVF cycles, on the 4th cycle there were no embryos to transfer... most would give up or move on at that point but she was so open to talking about everything we could do and just gave us so much hope. We ended up switching some things around for our 5th IVF cycle and now we have our two sons from our 5th and 6th transfers! She made it possible for us to do the 5th round, and suggesting a new protocol. We are so grateful for her and all that she has done to help us
I started with this clinic [Utah Fertility Center] when they were in a small building in PG. They have grown and expanded so much over the years which came with positives and negatives. Trying to get ahold of a nurse or coordinator in the same day can be stressful because they are so busy now. I would just say that they have some growing pains to work through so that they can still offer great patient care.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She is a gentle communicator, and very helpful. She was just as determined as us to help as achieve our goal of having a baby. We experienced recurrent pregnancy loss with our first 3 IVF cycles, on the 4th cycle there were no embryos to transfer... most would give up or move on at that point but she was so open to talking about everything we could do and just gave us so much hope. We ended up switching some things around for our 5th IVF cycle and now we have our two sons from our 5th and 6th transfers! She made it possible for us to do the 5th round, and suggesting a new protocol. We are so grateful for her and all that she has done to help us.
Ask as many questions as you can! She will answer all of them for you!
Dr G did everything she could to help us have a family. She would call me from her cell phone and tell me results/updates she truly cares for us!
We did so many IVF cycles I don’t remember exact protocols for each. But I will say we ended up just doing minimal stimulation cycles because I produced about the same number of good quality eggs on min stim. Another important part of my IVF protocol was adding in Intralipid infusions after I had 3 miscarriages. These helped lower my NK cell count so my body didn’t attack the embryo(s) and got me my two baby boys! 😊
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I started with this clinic when they were in a small building in PG. They have grown and expanded so much over the years which came with positives and negatives. Trying to get ahold of a nurse or coordinator in the same day can be stressful because they are so busy now. I would just say that they have some growing pains to work through so that they can still offer great patient care.
Yes, she did. I will say ultimately she left the choice up to us but did very well at educating us on all the pros/cons of each option.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Gurtcheff] Very knowledgeable initially. Poor communicator when it comes to follow up. Very late to appointments. Only met with her one time on the initial visit, everything else was done with nurses or techs...When I finally had the opportunity to speak with the Dr. Gurcheff, I very openly explained my frustration and dissapointment with the lack of communication from her and the lack of professionalism from her staff. She was very apologetic again
The impression I have is that the [Utah Fertility Center] Murray office is a remote or satellite office for the main Utah Fertility Center in Pleasant Grove. The office/staff is much smaller and the service leaves a lot to be desired. If you're familiar with the inner workings of infertility and how this all works, it's probably fine. But, if you're new to this or expect to fully know and understand every step of the way, this is no the place for you...Very impasse and nonchalant.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate. Ask questions and demand answers, don't leave an appointment without fully understanding what is going on.
On our first meeting they said to come 15 minutes early, so we did. She was then 35 minutes late so we waited almost an hour. We were optimistic though. The first meeting went well and we really liked Dr. Gurtcheff. She scheduled many tests, took blood, etc. and we scheduled our next appointment with her, which was to be done over the phone to discuss our results the following week. We scheduled the appointment with the receptionist and left. When our appointment came, we were very much looking forward to getting some answers however, the doctor never called. We tried calling the office and at first were placed on hold for 9 minutes, until I decided to hang up. When trying to call back, no one answered and we got voicemail the next couple times. Our over the phone appointment was now 15 minutes late and we were just baffled. My husband decided to drive to their office as we only live a few minutes away. When he got there he was told that Dr. Gurtcheff wasn't in and that they would give her a message. When he asked about our appointment, he was hastily shewed out and told we'd have to wait to hear from the doctor. The majority of the staff were pretty nice and helpful, with the exception of the front desk receptionist, who always seemed put out and borderline rude. For people who are paying thousands of dollars to elective medical care out of pocket, I expected basic professionalism and service. After an hour passed, I called their other office (in Pleasant Grove) and asked for Dr. Gurtcheff. They said she was there today, but not available. Just a few minutes later she called back and was very apologetic. She said she had an appointment that couldn't wait come up, which I understood. I did however, explain that I would've appreciated a phone call from someone in their office or an explanation of that when we called initially and that this was the second appointment that was late or we'd been waiting for. She asked if we wanted to re-schedule or do the call now... We were in anticipation so we said, which was a mistake because she didn't have a lot of time and basically rushed us through the results. We were left with questions... tried calling to get answers, but couldn't get a call back from the doctor and the nurses weren't too helpful. I went in for a 3d ultrasound and treatment plan, expecting to see the doctor and ask some questions, but she wasn't there, again. I saw a technician and the nurse again and was sent with a paper outlining some instructions on medications to take. When I asked about the medications (where to fill the prescriptions, etc.) I was told someone else would call me with that information. The next day I received a call from an out of state (Arizona) number who said they were a pharmacy that was going to overnight my medication but they wanted my credit card number. At first, I thought this could be a scam, I was alarmed that they wanted my credit card number so I called the doctor to ask them if this was who would be contacting me, but to no avail. I just left messages and two days went by with no call back. Finally, I did my own research, calling the Arizona pharmacy back, asking what was called in, by what doctor, etc. and decided they were legit and I needed the stuff so I paid them and they over-nighted the stuff to my house. It arrived just in time to start taking it and I was determined to stay focused and not let the negative experiences we'd been having with the Utah Fertility Center office affect me. My husband and I both took the medications, we did everything 100% as explained. When I finally had the opportunity to speak with the Dr. Gurcheff, I very openly explained my frustration and dissapointment with the lack of communication from her and the lack of professionalism from her staff. She was very apologetic again and gave me the direct line to her head nurse, with assurance that it wouldn't happen again. We continued on with several more appointments (6 or 7 visits in total over the course of a few months) and each time, never saw Dr. Gurtcheff, just some new person in her office. We drove 45 minutes to their other location to do the IUI as it needed to be done on a Sunday and were told (last minute) that the office near us in Murray wasn't open on Sunday's, only their Pleasant Grove office. That whole process was a blur, no one explains anything. Granted, it was our first time, but still, I thought a little bit of basic understanding of the process would be a fundamental basic... Wrong. The lady that did the procedure said to call the doctor and ask her. But, at that point, even the thought of trying to get a hold of the doctor just felt like a waste of time. The one treatment was unsuccessful. After the poor experience, I decided to look for a new doctor but was so discouraged that I ended up not doing anything. A few months went by and I finally called them to see if they would send me my records, I signed the electronic agreement paperwork, etc. They said they would send them to me, but, big surprise--they never came. I've heard so many great things about the Pleasant Grove office for the Utah Fertility center, but not much about the Murray office. Our bad experience may just be a fluke, but the consistency of the poor service and quality seems to too much to give the benefit of the doubt. I would not recommend the Murray office.
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Treatment plan was to take clomid (both my husband and I). I had an ultrasound to determine that the clomid had produced no more than 5, but at least 3 folicles/eggs. The size was measured and the thickness of uterine lining, etc. I then took HCG to force ovulation for an IUI treatment, which was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Very impasse and nonchalant.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The impression I have is that the Murray office is a remote or satellite office for the main Utah Fertility Center in Pleasant Grove. The office/staff is much smaller and the service leaves a lot to be desired. If you're familiar with the inner workings of infertility and how this all works, it's probably fine. But, if you're new to this or expect to fully know and understand every step of the way, this is no the place for you.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Gurtcheff was free, we expected to pay an office visit but were told they only charge for the services, not the diagnosis, unless you elect not to have them do any treatments. From there we paid for several blood tests were several blood tests, one for genetic testing that cost $450, the others were all around $200 each. The IUI treatment was about $900. We also paid about $350 in prescriptions. In total we spent about $2000. They advised us to complete another round of IUI and had our experience been better, we would have done it in a heartbeat. It wasn't about the cost, it was about the lack of communication and service.

2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Gurtcheff takes the time necessary to answer my questions. She spends the time necessary with us in appointments to make sure we understand decisions. She makes personal calls to me when I have a miscarriage. She answers my emails..She always researching to see what additional things we can try for me to hold onto a pregnancy. I wish she would have done a few of the tests earlier to avoid the ectopic pregnancy...she is a kind and compassionate person
The reception area isn't always very friendly. They don't seem like they care. They are not helpful when it comes to phone calls. You can't ever talk to someone about your concerns when you call. You always have to leave a voice-mail. The reception area is clean. Most of the staff [at Utah Fert Ctr - PG] is great to talk to...I have had to call and ask for results of tests because they never called us to let us know the results...Lindsey the ultrasound tech is fabulous. I love her to death. She is caring, compassionate, and always remembers me.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff made me feel extremely comfortable from the very first time I met her. I had been told by other doctors that my weight had been causing my miscarriages and she assured me right away that was not the case. She has never made me feel like our miscarriages are my fault. She always researching to see what additional things we can try for me to hold onto a pregnancy. I wish she would have done a few of the tests earlier to avoid the ectopic pregnancy I had but other than that I have no negative feedback and there was no way she could have predicted that happening. She has helped us every step of the way. She has made personal calls and answered all of my concerns. On top of all of that, she is a kind and compassionate person and sincerely wants to make people's dreams happen. We are working with her one more time and doing an IVF cycle with genetic testing to see if we can possibly keep a pregnancy.
Don't expect to see her on every visit but be vocal about your needs to speak to her. You can always make phone appointments.
Dr. Gurtcheff takes the time necessary to answer my questions. She spends the time necessary with us in appointments to make sure we understand decisions. She makes personal calls to me when I have a miscarriage. She answers my emails. I have never felt like a number with her.
For my first cycle with her we did clomid, baby aspirin, metformin, and progesterone. It was more than my other doctor's had tried and the basic s for recurrent miscarriages. We also did multiple blood tests and a genetic test. My second cycle we did clomid and an HCG trigger as well as progesterone, metformin, and Lovenox on the off chance that I was having mini blood clots. We did regular HCG tests and my numbers rose. Unfortunately it ended in a burst ectopic pregnancy, after which we did a tube dye test and found out my other tube was blocked. The cycle I'm working on now will be IVF. Testing included a biopsy for a new known virus that causes miscarriages as well as water ultrasound. My ultrasound showed the possibility of polyps so the next step is a hysteroscopy. The IVF will include embryo genetic testing to see if the miscarriages come from a genetic defect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
We are still in the beginning of working with Morgan but she was very nice in dealing with my bawling as we got things going. Lindsey the ultrasound tech is fabulous. I love her to death. She is caring, compassionate, and always remembers me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The reception area isn't always very friendly. They don't seem like they care. They are not helpful when it comes to phone calls. You can't ever talk to someone about your concerns when you call. You always have to leave a voice-mail. The reception area is clean. Most of the staff is great to talk to.
I honestly don't know most of the costs as up to now much has been covered by insurance. My IVF cycle will cost approximately $15,000 with genetic testing prior to what my insurance covers.
We have not yet faced this decision.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Gurtcheff recommended a single embryo transfer as research as shown this is the safest and best approach for ivf. We tried this the first time but it didn’t work. The second round we asked for 2 embryo transfers and she informed us of the risks and agreed with the transfer...Shaun was so personable. She called me personally after our first transfer was negative and was so kind and sympathetic about the loss. She called me to congratulate me when we found out we were pregnant and after our babies were born. I adore her and feel like she was a friend.
Costs [at Utah Fertility Center] were the same as all Utah clinics. I found the medications were cheaper...Good clinic. Sometimes difficult to contact the staff or nursing. I wished there was better after hours answering. Otherwise they were fast efficient knowledgeable and honest in my care. They nurses when they would answer were very thorough and had great follow up. The nurse practitioner was very good as well. They were very helpful when I had touble getting my injections and needed emergency medicines.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was amazing. I am a nurse practitioner and she explained everything to me in great detail with percentages. She was so friendly, kind and knowledgeable. She spoke with me at each visit and in between visits to answer all my questions. She was always willing to research any questions I had that were unanswered. I am still amazed by how professional and yet how gentle and kind she was during this very difficult and stressful period.
See her! You won’t regret anything, she is amazing!
We did a short round of ivf it wasn’t going well my eggs were not maturing well, they were growing slowly. We harvested and none of them were very good eggs. We did a long cycle with Lupron and the long lupron cycle worked perfect 28 eggs, 14 embryos and we ended up with twin boys.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker)
Good care, supportive of the doctors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Costs were the same as all Utah clinics. I found the medications were cheaper.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt as if she [Dr. Gurtcheff] was my friend, not just my doctor. Her smile is warm and her heart is pure. Now that my son is earthside I miss her but am so thankful that I don’t have to do treatments anymore. From the moment I sat down in her office my first visit I knew she was the one to help me understand my disease and how I could overcome the obstacles of infertility. She also pointed out what the other doctors had missed-my husband
Sometimes getting ahold of the front desk of the clinic [Utah Fertility Center] was difficult. They didn’t always return my calls. I was a bit upset when I didn’t get my beta results before closing, even though it was bad news I still wanted to know. And sometimes they quoted me incorrect amounts even though I paid in cash for everything. It was like I constantly had to pay even though I already paid in full, but when I asked they always went over what they forgot and why I was being charged.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I felt as if she was my friend, not just my doctor. Her smile is warm and her heart is pure. Now that my son is earthside I miss her but am so thankful that I don’t have to do treatments anymore. From the moment I sat down in her office my first visit I knew she was the one to help me understand my disease and how I could overcome the obstacles of infertility. She also pointed out what the other doctors had missed-my husband also had fertility issues that needed to be addressed. If it weren’t for her knowledge and aggressive treatment I don’t think I’d be a mother today.
Don’t give up. You aren’t alone. She’s in this with you. You will become a parent.
She was with me every step of the process. Even when I came in for my WTF appt she cried with me as we went over my results. She was kind and soft and assured me she’d help me become a mother.
For my egg retrieval I was on Menopur and Gonal F. Ovadrel for ovulation before retrieval. Then Estradiol for before transfer. PIO injections, transfer. Second time we did an endo scratch and Neupogen wash before transfer. Continued PIO shots until I was 10 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker)
Every single person at UFC was my friend. I felt they cared for me and remembered me. I never felt like another chart, I was a person in need of their care and compassion.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Sometimes getting ahold of the front desk of the clinic was difficult. They didn’t always return my calls. I was a bit upset when I didn’t get my beta results before closing, even though it was bad news I still wanted to know. And sometimes they quoted me incorrect amounts even though I paid in cash for everything. It was like I constantly had to pay even though I already paid in full, but when I asked they always went over what they forgot and why I was being charged. And sometimes I waited in the waiting room for too long, but it was never a serious problem. The staff was always apologetic and quick when I finally got back. The staff was kind and cried with me when we got our BFP. I felt very loved and valued as a patient. The entire staff became my family.
I don’t remember exactly, but I think it was around $17k
I liked that she wanted to start with one embryo. I had never been pregnant and wanted to take a cautious approach. She listened and explained all risks in transferring two.

2013 - 2016
Dr. Gurtcheff was amazing! Right from the first appointment with her, she went over our history with us. She also told us what she suspected our infertility issues were and the exact steps she wanted to take.... We started with Clomid, monitoring with U.S., trigger with HCG and timed intercourse. She felt that I had a Luteal phase defect and that treatment should work. I responded wonderfully to the medications and everything looked perfect, but for some reason it did not work.
Since moving to a new building and getting some new staff, we always felt so welcome! They [Utah Fert Ctr] knew who we were and the front desk always chatted with us for a minute. When we left our appointments, the other staff would work with us best they could to make payment less stressful. Their financial coordinator was amazing! She laid it all out for us, but also tried to help us figure out how to best afford our treatments.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff was amazing! Right from the first appointment with her, she went over our history with us. She also told us what she suspected our infertility issues were and the exact steps she wanted to take. She let us take the lead on our treatment and do what we felt comfortable with. But she also told us if she thought that a different treatment would be better for us. She did not want to waste our money and made sure that we had all of the information we needed before we left her office. Because of her persistence and not giving up on us, we finally conceived our daughter after 6+ years of infertility. We will 100% go back to her for any of our future treatments.
Ask questions. She is there to answer any questions or concerns you have. But if you don't ask, you may not get the answers you need. She will walk you through step by step of everything, just be open and honest about your feelings and concerns.
She knew who we were, every time we came to see her. Her nurses always called back when they said they would. She met with us one on one in her office to discuss treatments and why she wanted to do specific treatments. She was very compassionate when treatments failed and wanted us to get pregnant as much as we did.
We started with Clomid, monitoring with U.S., trigger with HCG and timed intercourse. She felt that I had a Luteal phase defect and that treatment should work. I responded wonderfully to the medications and everything looked perfect, but for some reason it did not work. We decided to try some more, since it was our cheapest option and she had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. Once we exhausted that option she had us move to IUI. She told us she would only do IUI 3 times and if that did not work, she felt like she was wasting our money and would rather see us move forward to IVF. We did Femera, HCG and I believe one other medication. Every IUI I responded well and everything looked perfect, but after 3 times, still no pregnancy. After this she recommended we move to IVF, but honestly at that point it seemed I had unexplained infertility. We did Birth Control, injections twice a day of Bravelle and one other medication. We followed up with antibiotics and all of the normal medications. I had great looking follicles and we were able to retrieve 32 eggs. We decided to fertilize half with ICSI and half on their own, that way we could rule out fertilization issues. Both fertilized the same. We ended up having 10 embryos and after talking to Dr. Gurtcheff about risks and recommendations we transferred one embryo and froze the other 9. I was on progesterone suppositories until my pregnancy test. After transfer I was told to take it easy for 3 days. We ended up getting pregnant and were monitored until 9 weeks and continued progesterone until 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Our care coordinator met with us and went over our entire calendar, prior to IVF. She answer all of our questions and also gave us her work schedule, in case we had any other concerns or questions. She also told us who we could contact in case she wasn't there. The other nurses took great care of us too. They were compassionate and excited when we came in for Ultrasounds and showed progress.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
When we first started at the clinic the front desk made us feel more like a number and seemed more concerned with our payment, than our treatment. Dr. Gurtcheff and her nurses were always great and tried to save us money anyway they could. Since moving to a new building and getting some new staff, we always felt so welcome! They knew who we were and the front desk always chatted with us for a minute. When we left our appointments, the other staff would work with us best they could to make payment less stressful. Their financial coordinator was amazing! She laid it all out for us, but also tried to help us figure out how to best afford our treatments. She was compassionate and did not take it lightly that infertility treatments are expensive. They do have a busy clinic, since they have great results. So it may take some time to get your first appointment scheduled, but be persistent. If you cannot get a hold of someone for a question or concern keep trying or ask to leave a message with your doctor specifically.
I believe that each medicated, timed intercourse cycle was about $600. IUIs were about $1100 each (for everything) and IVF was about $17,000
We discussed transferring one embryo versus 2. Dr. Gurtcheff said that our embryos were great and that she felt that we would have great success transferring one. If that did not work then we would discuss transferring multiple the next time. She ultimately left the choice up to us, but was very honest with her reasoning.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. G [Gurtcheff] Explained everything in detail so my husband and I could understand. She made me feel calm with the process. She acted like she cared for me. I had to travel three hours each direction for appointments and she was very accommodating with my schedule.... She is very kind, caring, knowledgeable, made me feel at ease and was a great fit our personalities and needs.... IUI #1: called office first day of menstrual cycle. Appointment within a few days. Started Femara. Scheduled follicle count appointments.
Staff members [Utah Fertility Ctr] at times made me feel like a number or rushed or they had miscommunication. But overall the staff was great.... Nurse was great. Coordinator was good. Staff was overall good. They seemed rushed at times. I was also told one thing from one staff member and another from a different staff member during the same time.... Employees are busy but are very helpful. They are kind and compassionate. It tcan take time sometimes for someone to get back to you but they will.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. G Explained everything in detail so my husband and I could understand. She made me feel calm with the process. She acted like she cared for me. I had to travel three hours each direction for appointments and she was very accommodating with my schedule.
Dr. G was amazing. Staff members at times made me feel like a number or rushed or they had miscommunication. But overall the staff was great.
IUI #1: called office first day of menstrual cycle. Appointment within a few days. Started Femara. Scheduled follicle count appointments. Blood drains. HCG Several cancelled IUIs after follicle checks due to ovulating on the wrong side. IUI #2: same as #1 but added follicle check due to follicles not quite mature yet. IVF - Fresh cycle: birth control, gonal-f and something else. Blood drawn checks. Egg retrevial and transfer. HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sally?)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Be patient. Employees are busy but are very helpful. They are kind and compassionate. It tcan take time sometimes for someone to get back to you but they will. Ask questions! It can be overwhelming at times and asking questions eased the process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Utah Fertility Center.
I had to leave early several mornings to make it to an appointment but they were accommodating to my needs if needed.
Not sure. We ended up paying close to 20k out the door.
She explained the risks and benefits of transferring one or two embryos.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
[Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff used an] Antagonist protocol for Donor egg IVF with pgs. Estrogen priming protocol for own egg IVF and donor sperm. (Canceled cycle) Testosterone priming protocol for own egg IVF and donor sperm. Embryo arrested before. Antagonist protocol for Donor egg IVF with donor sperm. Adding Neupogen uterine wash, and Intralipid infusions, with Lovenox injections. (My successful pregnancy)
Strengths [for Utah Fertility Center] are empathy, knowledgeable, individualized treatment plans. Weakness would have to be communication, in that sometimes I would have to call or email several times to get responses to my questions.... Anne-Marie Lloyd [a nurse] is patient, thoughtful and empathetic. I will never forget her email checking up on me after a failed cycle. It meant a lot that she cared about my well-being. She was also very efficient and responsive. When we moved forward with double donor, I learned our egg donor was triggering and we needed to order our donor sperm that night.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
When we decided to see Dr. Gurtcheff, we were at a loss. Unsure if we would ever be parents. We were moving forward with our 5th IVF, but our 1st using Donor Ovums and our 1st knowing my husband carried a balanced translocation. She simply explained the process of donor ovum IVF with PGS, the process of biopsying embryos, the length of time for results to know if they were suitable for transfer, and when I would need to begin my injections to prepare my uterine lining. This cycle we ended with one embryo that was suitable for transfer. The cycle ended in a chemical pregnancy. It was devastating. I was unsure if I wanted to move forward with fertility treatments. She calmly and sincerely said I think you should try again, for the mere fact I think you and your husband will be great parents. Financially we had already incurred a significant amount of debt. She always worked with us, giving discounts where she was able. Our next cycles we attempted to cycle with my eggs and donor sperm, only making it to retrieval once, in which the embryo did not survive to transfer. During this process, she always thought outside the box, creating me a protocol individualized to me. At that point, we moved forward with a double donor IVF which brought us our miracles.
She is empathetic and listens to her patient's. She has THE BEST bedside manner.
She was the 4th Reproductive Endocrinologist I saw during our journey toward parenthood. She would call me personally to give me the good and bad news. She knew I was on-call one weekend and I was expecting bad news, she texted me before calling to be sure it was a good time to speak. She responded to my emails within a day and was always very specific and detailed educating me on what was going on during the process. I absolutely loved being Dr. Gurtcheff's patient. When people are looking for recommendations, I always and will always recommend Utah Fertility Center and Dr. Gurtcheff!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Anne-Marie APRN and Tonya Canaday, RN)
Anne-Marie Lloyd is patient, thoughtful and empathetic. I will never forget her email checking up on me after a failed cycle. It meant a lot that she cared about my well-being. She was also very efficient and responsive. When we moved forward with double donor, I learned our egg donor was triggering and we needed to order our donor sperm that night. The office was closed, I emailed her the form that needed to be filled out and signed by a clinician. She got it right back to me within the hour! Tonya Canaday, the donor coordinator, was patient with us when we were in the office looking at donor profiles, she was willing to ask the egg donors questions and get back with answers.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are empathy, knowledgeable, individualized treatment plans. Weakness would have to be communication, in that sometimes I would have to call or email several times to get responses to my questions.
I'm not sure what specifically this question is looking for. I believe it was broken down the following: the cost of Donor cycle IVF + donor fee. Not included- ICSI, blood work, meds, anesthesia, H2O ultrasound, Embryo cryopreservation, 7 wk ultrasound and 9-week ultrasound.
She highly recommended an eSET, she explained the risks of transferring more than one embryo. Because we knew that cycle was likely our last, we went against her advice and asked she transfer two embryos. She respected our decision and transferred two.

2015 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Some time I felt like I was just another patient and that [Dr. Gurtcheff] wasn’t as personable...is a kind and pleasant doctor. It was a little hard to connect with her first but but after the second or 3rd visit she helped me understand my diagnosis and treatment plan and options and showed more compassion. She gave us different options and helped us to understand what we should expect from our options. She was willing to run tests when I questioned about immunological issues.
The nurses [at Utah Fertility Center] were always kind and happy to see me. They always had something nice to say and helped me to feel at ease and especially before and during procedures...IVF procedure was about 15k...The clinic was great. Had kind and friendly staff that were always willing to help and help you find answers to your questions. They always called you back by the end of the day if you had to leave a message for a question that you had: Nice clean and modern facilities.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is a kind and pleasant doctor. It was a little hard to connect with her first but but after the second or 3rd visit she helped me understand my diagnosis and treatment plan and options and showed more compassion. She gave us different options and helped us to understand what we should expect from our options. She was willing to run tests when I questioned about immunological issues.
Have and open mind and ask questions when you want to know more about something.
Some time I felt like I was just another patient and that Dr G. wasn’t as personable and did care about my result but other times I did feel like she did care and wanted me to reach the results of motherhood.
Because I had a Low Overian Reserve. We did a low dose medication. She explained to me that my body wouldn’t produce any more eggs on a higher dose medication than it would probably on the lower dose medication. I would have 1 to 3 follicles very time.
The nurses were always kind and happy to see me. They always had something nice to say and helped me to feel at ease and especially before and during procedures.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I was lucky to have my iui’s and most medication covered by insurance. IVF procedure was about 15k.
I only had 1 viable egg to transfer and so we only did one. If we had more than 1 she would have let me do 2 if I wanted to but do recommend more than 2 because of my age.
+ Read more- Read less
I loved having Dr. Gurtcheff as our doctor! She was so fabulous in every way. She was very kind and made us feel like she truly cared about our needs... She suggested that we should do a mini IVF cycle based on my history of being overstimulated from a past IVF cycle at a different clinic. She also had me freeze my eggs and then wait before transferring them, because I started showing signs of OHSS. (I developed a very bad case of OHSS with my first IVF cycle.)
I loved working with this clinic [Utah Fertility Ctr]! The price is so much more affordable than the first clinic I worked with. It’s a great place with wonderful doctors and staff. I do wish we could have seen the doctor more often. But i know that my doctor monitored every part of my cycle and was wonderful....I did a mini IVF cycle so it was so so affordable. I can’t quite remember but I think it was about $7,000....I loved all of the nurses and staff at both the Murray and Pleasant Grove clinics. They were wonderful to work with, friendly, and helpful.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I loved having Dr. Gurtcheff as our doctor! She was so fabulous in every way. She was very kind and made us feel like she truly cared about our needs. She is very professional and intelligent. She is very knowledgeable and guided us in the perfect direction.
I would trust her completely. She is an amazing doctor.
She was so respectful, kind, and professional. She listened to our worries and questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I loved working with this clinic! The price is so much more affordable than the first clinic I worked with. It’s a great place with wonderful doctors and staff. I do wish we could have seen the doctor more often. But i know that my doctor monitored every part of my cycle and was wonderful.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. G[urtcheff] was amazing! She truely cares and you feel she is part of your team and rooting you on for success! She explains everything so well and doesn't give any false expectations! She is very thourough and quick to respond! She was nothing short of amazing!...We did estrogen priming instead of birth control because I had once had a low AMH blood draw (it had since normalized by the time we started IVF). We then did stims (follistim 225 and one powder of menopur) for 10 days with blood work and ultrasound monitoring.
[Nurses at Utah Fertility Center are] Very knowledgeAble and caring!...This clinic is wonderful! Honestly have no complaints! They have made this difficult process as easy as it can be! They are very organized, clean and the staff makes you feel so cared for! Everyone is so quick to respond to emails and calls! I have been so happy with my experience and so glad I made the switch to do my IVF with them!
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. G was amazing! She truely cares and you feel she is part of your team and rooting you on for success! She explains everything so well and doesn't give any false expectations! She is very thourough and quick to respond! She was nothing short of amazing!
Be open and don't hesitate to ask questions and expect honest feed back!
Always friendly and comforting! They explained everything to me and always there to answer all my questions and concerns!
We did estrogen priming instead of birth control because I had once had a low AMH blood draw (it had since normalized by the time we started IVF). We then did stims (follistim 225 and one powder of menopur) for 10 days with blood work and ultrasound monitoring. We started ganirilex on atom day 7 and triggered day 10. Egg retrieval was 36 hours. Transfer was 5 days after. Endometrin was started day after egg retrieval. Currently waiting for my beta as I'm filling this out! (already been getting positive at home pregnancy tests :) )
Very knowledgeAble and caring!
Before medications $9800
We were set on transferring too, while Dr. G made us very aware of the risks, she was so willing to work with us and support us. They do have a strict policy of transferring no more than two though.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] takes care of you in every level to make sure you get the best care. When we needed referrals she gave us the best doctors. My case is complicated and she treats it perfectly... Clomid was pretty textbook along with trigger shots. My IVF cycle was also pretty text book. I just did everything she told me to do.... She just cared so much about our success and has never stopped caring.
This place is amazing!!! I recommend every doctor and their staff to anyone who is going through this. The clinic is clean and friendly. Best place! You will feel loved and taken care of. They are all dedicated to making sure you get to walk out with the best care and hopefully a belly full of your precious baby.... These women have literally become some of my best friends. They are there for me 24 hours a day when I’m panicking and checking on me when things have a set back.
European, Black or African-American
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s just the most amazing. She takes care of you in every level to make sure you get the best care. When we needed referrals she gave us the best doctors. My case is complicated and she treats it perfectly
Get ready to be given hope back and have the best person in your corner.
She just loves her patients and truly cares for them. She just cared so much about our success and has never stopped caring.
Honestly it’s all a blur. Clomid was pretty textbook along with trigger shots. My IVF cycle was also pretty text book. I just did everything she told me to do. I love making sure tonfollow specific instructions so that’s what I did.
These women have literally become some of my best friends. They are there for me 24 hours a day when I’m panicking and checking on me when things have a set back. They keep me so calm when this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.
I think we’ve spent to date about $25,000 out of pocket
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was never too busy for me. She even gave me her personal cell so that if I had an emergency I could contact her...She was soo insightful. And made sure we had ample amount of time to answer any question I had. She was thorough, sincere, and very professional st the same time. I feel 100% comfortable with her...I had two ectopic pregnancies, and needed to get surgery to have the tubes removed. Once removed we began on our IVF journey, and that is where we are currently
Strength [at Utah Fertility Center]: knowledgeable and friendly staff. It is clean, and they are super quick at getting results to you!...Weaknesses: my Husband said the men’s room to give their sample is very awkward. Being that it is right in the middle of the office he could hear children and women passing often. It took him an hr to give his sample just because he couldn’t get comfortable.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is amazing!! She was soo insightful. And made sure we had ample amount of time to answer any question I had. She was thorough, sincere, and very professional st the same time. I feel 100% comfortable with her
Know that you’re in good hands, and that she truly wants for you to be successful and leave with a baby!
She was never too busy for me. She even gave me her personal cell so that if I had an emergency I could contact her. I did text her and keep her updated, to which she responded in a timely manner and recommended a certain doctor to me!
I had a few HSG test and all determined that I had a hydrosalpinx. From this, I had two ectopic pregnancies, and needed to get surgery to have the tubes removed. Once removed we began on our IVF journey, and that is where we are currently
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nurse was Alyssa. Coordinator (financial) was Mallory)
They also took their time. They ended up being my friends through out the process (they probably don’t feel as though they are my friends, but I value them as such!)
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strength: knowledgeable and friendly staff. It is clean, and they are super quick at getting results to you! This is key in this situation. Weaknesses: my Husband said the men’s room to give their sample is very awkward. Being that it is right in the middle of the office he could hear children and women passing often. It took him an hr to give his sample just because he couldn’t get comfortable.
IVF $6640 with mil discount Meds $3011 Anesthesia $400 cash Cryptopreservation $750
Because I’ve had two ectopic pregnancies in one year, Dr. G suggest that I only transfer 1 embryo, which my husband and I both felt that that was the best, safest option as well. For me, it wasn’t a matter of not being able to get pregnant, but rather, getting pregnant in the right location.

Anovulation, Unexplained
We absolutely loved Dr Gurtcheff. Shes very warm and friendly. She always took the time to listen to us and if we had any questions or concerns she always answered them. I felt like she took the time to get to know us and not just think of us as another number. We are pregnant with our miracle IVF baby thanks to Dr Gurtcheff!... I had 19 eggs collected, 15 fertilized and 7 made it to day 5. We transferred 2 embryos and are currently pregnant with 1 healthy baby
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is amazing. It’s beautiful and clean. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and most remember your name. the only negative thing I could say is they are hard to get ahold of sometimes. They always get back to you though...The nursing staff was amazing! They were hard to get ahold of sometimes but always returned my calls day of or next day. They are all friendly and get to know you as well
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
You won’t regret seeing her!
Dr Gurtcheff took the time to really listen and communicate with us and our wants and needs throughtout our cycles
We did 1 timed intercourse cycle with femara. We moved to do 3 iui’s with femara and an hcg trigger shot. When those didn’t work we moved onto IVF. I did injections with menopur, gonal f and cetrotide. I had 19 eggs collected, 15 fertilized and 7 made it to day 5. We transferred 2 embryos and are currently pregnant with 1 healthy baby
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. It’s beautiful and clean. All the staff and nurses are very friendly and most remember your name. the only negative thing I could say is they are hard to get ahold of sometimes. They always get back to you though
I have infertility insurance coverage so I don’t remember exactly

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff is] very thorough and wants to do things with the least amount of risk...During IVF she preferred to do a frozen transfer...she’s very good at monitoring everything and letting you know how your body is responding to the meds. I have a thyroid issue as well and she keeps close tabs on that as well during all our fertility treatments...She recommends single embryo transfers, especially if they are genetically tested and healthy but respects the wishes of the patients and talks through all the options with them.
$15,000 for a full round of IVF $5000 for frozen transfers [at Utah Fertility Center]...It may seem like UFC doesn’t really know a patient well in the early stages of fertility treatments (cloned, IUI, etc ) but as you continue to go they will truly become like family to you and you will see how they all want success for you!...I can’t say enough about them [the nurses]. They all feel like family and treat us as such. They really truly care about us and know us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I love DR Gurtcheff so much and she will always be very special to our family. She cares about us and knows us well and that’s made all the difference. Shes up to date on new things we can try and is always looking for what will best help us. I trust her completely.
She’s very thorough and wants to do things with the least amount of risk m
She immensely cares about her patients. She calls me personally, remembers every detail of my history, and makes sure we know she wants this to work for us just as badly as we do.
During IVF she preferred to do a frozen transfer. I wish I could remember the doses of meds I was taking each time, but she’s very good at monitoring everything and letting you know how your body is responding to the meds. I have a thyroid issue as well and she keeps close tabs on that as well during all our fertility treatments.
I can’t say enough about them. They all feel like family and treat us as such. They really truly care about us and know us.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
$15,000 for a full round of IVF $5000 for frozen transfers This is a general ballpark
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] was amazing! I am so happy with the care she provided me! She made sure my health was at the for front and gave wonderful advice on quick decisions that had to be made. She called me personally after a failed iui which really comforted me. We wanted to move fast through this process and she helped accommodate that for us. She is a wonderful and very knowledgeable doctor. I trusted her completely.
Every staff member I ever encountered [at Utah Fertility Center-Pleasant Grove] was wonderful! Very compassionate and caring. Very nice and clean environment and a beautiful building. I never had a bad experience with anyone at UFC. I felt cared for and important each appointment I had with them.... She recommended us doing a mini IVF after our first iui failed. Even on a mini stimulation I was developing OHSS. Dr. Gurtcheff caught this and recommended doing a freeze all cycle. I am so grateful she did. After letting my body heal, we had a successful FET!
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was amazing! I am so happy with the care she provided me! She made sure my health was at the for front and gave wonderful advice on quick decisions that had to be made. She called me personally after a failed iui which really comforted me. We wanted to move fast through this process and she helped accommodate that for us. She is a wonderful and very knowledgeable doctor. I trusted her completely.
Let her know if you want to move on to the next step faster. After a failed iui we quickly moved into IVF and she helped us through that.
I always felt up to date on info. She would personally call me with info or to help me make decisions. I felt like she would guide me through the decision making process but ultimately let me decide how I wanted to do things.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Every staff member I ever encountered was wonderful! Very compassionate and caring. Very nice and clean environment and a beautiful building. I never had a bad experience with anyone at UFC. I felt cared for and important each appointment I had with them.
+ Read more- Read less
It was great working with Dr. Gurtcheff. She explained complex treatment procedures at a level we could understand. We loved how cheerful and positive she was about IVF, but we felt that she was realistic with us as well. She talked about babies instead of addressing them only as embryos. She was accessible if we had questions...She would also call with results as well which helped us to feel that she was involved in the follow up after treatments. Very kind and didn't make us feel intimidated if we needed something explained a few times.
Absolutely loved this clinic [Utah Fertility Center]. Beautiful office, kind staff, good communicators, good at explaining treatment plans. I would let a new patient know that the pattern for communicating is that you leave a voicemail with the question/concern you have and they will call you back. They typically did a great job calling back within a few hours or sooner if it was urgent...It was great working with Dr. Gurtcheff. She explained complex treatment procedures at a level we could understand. We loved how cheerful and positive she was about IVF, but we felt that she was realistic with us as well. She talked about babies instead of addressing them only as embryos. She was accessible if we had questions.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff did great explaining the procedures and subsequent ultrasounds - spoke to us in terms we could understand. She would also call with results as well which helped us to feel that she was involved in the follow up after treatments. Very kind and didn't make us feel intimidated if we needed something explained a few times.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Absolutely loved this clinic. Beautiful office, kind staff, good communicators, good at explaining treatment plans. I would let a new patient know that the pattern for communicating is that you leave a voicemail with the question/concern you have and they will call you back. They typically did a great job calling back within a few hours or sooner if it was urgent.
Dr. Gurtcheff didn't recommend doing multiple embryo transfer mostly because it was high risk with the possibility of high reward, but also high possibility of losing both embryos. She wanted to give each embryo the best possibility of success.
Male Factor, Other
First transfer [with Dr. Gurtcheff] just one embryo. Second was 2 resulting in blighted ovum and third was 1 resulting in live Singleton birth...I felt like a human because she explained everything completely and was very compassionate. When we had our negative test and or miscarriages she was very supportive...She is very compassionate and understanding. Explained everything throughout each procedure. Never made it feel like just her job. She honestly enjoyed everything she was doing. Told us what all our options were and made sure we made the decision with all the information
We meet with a financial person [at Utah Fertility Center] before each cycle and she explained costs. The IVF treatments were about 14000 and the medication was about 3000...Phone calls getting returned was a little off. Appointments were always run on time and never a long wait. Nurses were helpful and understanding. Having multiple offices was a little hard remembering what one to go to...A couple times they didn’t call with HCG results. I had to call to remind then
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Ask questions she will tell you anything you need
IUI was just clomid IVF was injections and pills FET was injections and pills
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It was very efficient. Didn’t feel like just a number. They took their time
I had insurance that covered treatments at the time. We meet with a financial person before each cycle and she explained costs. The IVF treatments were about 14000 and the medication was about 3000
First transfer just one embryo. Second was 2 resulting in blighted ovum and third was 1 resulting in live Singleton birth

Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] is amazing! She is so smart and knows her stuff. She has helped us so much thru the past few years. She’s very thorough and explains everything. She will sit and listen and go over every little thing. She never makes you feel stupid and always is super sweet, during these hard times. She also performed my laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and changed my life!
I personally think some of the front desk employees [Utah Fertility Center] and the people that check you out are very unfriendly at times. They have made me feel stupid several times But dr gurtcheffs staff is amazing!! They are so welcoming and kind.... They are always so sweet and patient and understanding. They explain everything so well... Everything has been expensive but not too bad. And insurance helps a lot
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is amazing! She is so smart and knows her stuff. She has helped us so much thru the past few years. She’s very thorough and explains everything. She will sit and listen and go over every little thing. She never makes you feel stupid and always is super sweet, during these hard times. She also performed my laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and changed my life!
Don’t hold back on anything, dr gurtcheff is very understanding and would never judge!
I felt like a human because dr gurtcheff takes her time with each individual patient. She is very sweet, understanding, and explained everything so greatly
I’ve been on birth control, hsg, progesterone, fermara and have done a laparoscopy surgery and just did an IUI.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I personally think some of the front desk employees and the people that check you out are very unfriendly at times. They have made me feel stupid several times But dr gurtcheffs staff is amazing!! They are so welcoming and kind.
Everything has been expensive but not too bad. And insurance helps a lot

1 IUI, Egg Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] helped us understand all of our options, all of the possible outcomes, our odds, our chances, and gave us a clear and hopeful plan that was perfect for our needs!...She made me feel like her only patient she was treating! Like all her energy would be spent to get us pregnant with a healthy baby! She was honest but filled us with hope!...I don’t think there is a better doctor out there!
I LOVE MORGAN [nurse at Utah Fertility Center] WITH ALL OF MY HEART! Quick to return calls. Answer ALL of my questions and never made me feels stupid for calling so often or asking so many questions!...$10,000 for retrieval and $4000 for transfer. $800 for iui...They were almost always on time. Always organized. Always helpful. It’s clean and friendly. Liked all the staff I met. I don’t have any complaints. I have only had a positive experience. Make sure to come prepared with questions at each appointment because the dr or nurses with sit with you and answe all th questions you have. They also have a quick turn around time for blood work results!
1 IUI, Egg Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I don’t think there is a better doctor out there! She helped us understand all of our options, all of the possible outcomes, our odds, our chances, and gave us a clear and hopeful plan that was perfect for our needs!
I LOVE MORGAN WITH ALL OF MY HEART! Quick to return calls. Answer ALL of my questions and never made me feels stupid for calling so often or asking so many questions!
$10,000 for retrieval and $4000 for transfer. $800 for iui
I have a history of pre term labor so only one transfer was suggested considering I may go into labor earlier with multiples
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was kind, a teacher, and really cared about me as a person. She also had a lot of optimism.... She is a great physician. She really takes the time to explain all of the details to you and answer any question you have. She doesn't make you feel dumb for asking questions. She is realistic and kind. She gets real life.... Some of my procedures were a little tricky. They were very encouraging, kind, respectful and made me feel ok about everything happening.
They [Utah Fertility Center] treat you with respect and kindness. They are honest and candid while taking care of your emotions as well. They are very knowledgable and will do their best to help you get answers and a baby! They aren't in it for the money and are looking out for all aspects of you as a patient and person. I would say a weakness may just be timing. They are very busy and it can take a while to get an appointment where/when you want it.
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Go see her! She is awesome.
She was kind, a teacher, and really cared about me as a person. She also had a lot of optimism.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strength wise they are an incredible organization. They treat you with respect and kindness. They are honest and candid while taking care of your emotions as well. They are very knowledgable and will do their best to help you get answers and a baby! They aren't in it for the money and are looking out for all aspects of you as a patient and person. I would say a weakness may just be timing. They are very busy and it can take a while to get an appointment where/when you want it. They did their best though to help you out.
It was more expensive than my OBGYN for monitored cycles but not totally unreasonable.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] was amazing!! She was so warm and kind during this difficult processs. She explained so thoroughly and always helped us feel a part of this procedure that we had no control of. Communication was great and we always knew what was happening to our embryos at the clinic.... She recommended one because of my age, 25, but my husband and I chose to transfer 2 because we wanted this cycle to work, even if it meant twins. We were glad we transferred 2.
It’s a great clinic [Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove]! The embryologists are the best in the state. I wouldn’t go anywhere else. The staff are sentisitve because they understand how hard this is for so many couples. They cheer with you when you have success and cry with you when you have failures. They are truly the best team of caregivers out there!... They all know what’s going on and they run like a well oil machine!!!!!!
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was amazing!! She was so warm and kind during this difficult processs. She explained so thoroughly and always helped us feel a part of this procedure that we had no control of. Communication was great and we always knew what was happening to our embryos at the clinic.
Don’t hesitate!!!! She is the best.
I felt like she really cared about us and our situation. She was warm and sympathetic during the hardest time of our lives. She gave us hope, but also prepared us for what would happen if it was not successful.
I don’t remember specific medications, but I remember feeling like she had this down to a science! It was very well thought out and produced perfect results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
They all know what’s going on and they run like a well oil machine!!!!!!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
It’s a great clinic! The embryologists are the best in the state. I wouldn’t go anywhere else. The staff are sentisitve because they understand how hard this is for so many couples. They cheer with you when you have success and cry with you when you have failures. They are truly the best team of caregivers out there!
I think our cycle was around $15,000. We paid $1,500 for icsi.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Gurtcheff is very knowledgeable about fertility. She is easy to talk to and explains things so you can understand. She is kind and sympathetic to your feelings. She helped immensely by providing samples/extra medications when my retrieval was delayed. During our struggles she was very compassionate.
The clinic [Utah Fertility Center] is a fairly new building. People are hard to get in contact with and the nurses don't call back...In total we spent about $14,000. About $9000 was the IVF procedure and the rest was medication....Once, a prescriptions wasn't called in to my pharmacy and I had to call the clinic back to make sure they did it. When you call the clinic you almost always have to leave a message and there have been times when I have never been called back.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She always remembered who I was, where we were in the cycle, and how we were doing. She was kind, warm, and helpful.
We tried to go with IUI first to minimize cost but four cycles in a row were cancelled due to follicles growing on the ovary that was connected with a blocked tube. They didn't want us to spend money unnecessarily when the chances of a successful IUI were low. We moved onto IVf after that. We did a medicated cycle and then retrieved the eggs. After fertilization they transferred 2 embryos on day 5. This IVF transfer resulted in one embryo implanting and a live birth.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is a fairly new building. People are hard to get in contact with and the nurses don't call back.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Gurtcheff is the only person i trust with this process. Her and her team really make each visit personable. They are accommodating to your needs and really go the extra mile to make your experience a good one. I highly recommend her... Dr Gurtcheff and her team really know what they are doing. They basically hold my hand through every treatment and i like that. They are uplifting during this difficult process and make me feel like family.
I love this place [Utah Fertility Center]. My fertility journey has been rough but its my body not the clinics fault. After having a miscarriage i went back in the clinic and the nurses cried with me. I left feeling full of hope. This place has no weaknesses.... All the nurses felt more like sisters. When i came in they remembered little details of my last appointments to always strike up conversations....Dr Gurtcheff is the only person i trust with this process. Her and her team really make each visit personable.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be open minded. And trust her and her process.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love this place. My fertility journey has been rough but its my body not the clinics fault. After having a miscarriage i went back in the clinic and the nurses cried with me. I left feeling full of hope. This place has no weaknesses.
Flat rate per service which is good for me because i require alot of appointments

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Gurtcheff is up to date with the latest information. She isn’t afraid to tell you when she doesn’t have an answer. I feel like she is very knowledgeable. She is compassionate and honest which is great for me. She always made sure I understood the risk bs benefits of any treatment plan before proceeding...She is wonderful, caring and overall great...took time to go over all of my results and make sure I understood what was going on and what to expect. She was great to check up on me after my miscarriages and make sure o was handle everything ok.
Easy to get an appointment with [Utah Fertility Center]. Clean and comfortable. The stadf isn’t great at returning patient calls in a timely manner. The receptionists aren’t always helpful. The clinic is up to date on technology...They [the nurses] are great and helpful at the office. They are hard to get a hold of during the day and are not the best at getting back to you...Dr Gurtcheff took time to go over all of my results and make sure I understood what was going on and what to expect.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is wonderful, caring and overall great.
Dr Gurtcheff took time to go over all of my results and make sure I understood what was going on and what to expect. She was great to check up on me after my miscarriages and make sure o was handle everything ok.
They are great and helpful at the office. They are hard to get a hold of during the day and are not the best at getting back to you.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Easy to get an appointment with. Clean and comfortable. The stadf isn’t great at returning patient calls in a timely manner. The receptionists aren’t always helpful. The clinic is up to date on technology
2012 - 2017
I would prefer to see her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] over nurses at my appointments. However, when I did see or talk with her, she was always very kind and answered my questions. I always have my calls returned quickly. I also liked how she followed up with me once my baby was born and at her first birthday.... She is good about checking my thyroid levels regularly in case my dosage needs to be adjusted. When I am not responding to fertility meds, she is very good about reevaluating our treatment plan. I always feel like we are moving in the right direction
[Utah Fertility Center- Pleasant Grove is a] Very nice office. Staff is nice.... [the nursing staff are] Friendly and understanding. Helpful with answering my questions... $53 blood pregnancy test, $900 IUI... I would prefer to see her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] over nurses at my appointments. However, when I did see or talk with her, she was always very kind and answered my questions. I always have my calls returned quickly. I also liked how she followed up with me once my baby was born and at her first birthday
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I would prefer to see her over nurses at my appointments. However, when I did see or talk with her, she was always very kind and answered my questions. I always have my calls returned quickly. I also liked how she followed up with me once my baby was born and at her first birthday.
She answered your questions, is quick you return your calls, and makes you feel hopeful.
I liked how she would call me personally from time to time to discuss results but I didn't appreciate not having her see me at appointments. I almost always saw nurses.
She is good about checking my thyroid levels regularly in case my dosage needs to be adjusted. When I am not responding to fertility meds, she is very good about reevaluating our treatment plan. I always feel like we are moving in the right direction.
Friendly and understanding. Helpful with answering my questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very nice office. Staff is nice.
$53 blood pregnancy test, $900 IUI
+ Read more- Read less

Very compassionate, trustworthy, let's you know possibilities, interested in our journey, excited when it happened, awesome bedside manner. Acted like I was her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] first and only patient was never rushed...Love love love the Dr and the stuff. Thanks for helping make our dreams come true...It was a great experience, questions were always answered...Clean lobby and rooms [Utah Fertility Center], friendly staff, very comfortable atmosphere. Very nice structure. Good location both pleasant grove and Murray.
[Nursing Staff at Utah Fertility Center] Great communication, calls returned promptly, would get you back for blood draws fast so I could get to work...Clean lobby and rooms, friendly staff, very comfortable atmosphere. Very nice structure. Good location both pleasant grove and Murray. Love love love the Dr and the stuff....It was a great experience, questions were always answered...[Dr. Gurtcheff] Very compassionate, trustworthy, let's you know possibilities, interested in our journey, excited when it happened, awesome bedside manne
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Very compassionate, trustworthy, let's you know possibilities, interested in our journey, excited when it happened, awesome bedside manner. Acted like I was her first and only patient was never rushed
Nothing. I loved her
It was a great experience, questions were always answered
Mini IVF
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clean lobby and rooms, friendly staff, very comfortable atmosphere. Very nice structure. Good location both pleasant grove and Murray. Love love love the Dr and the stuff. Thanks for helping make our dreams come true
Don't remember my insurance covered most of the cost
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I consider [Dr. Gurtcheff] to be very professional and caring. She was genuine but honest. Concerned about us. We miscarried and she helped us through the entire process. She is very personable. She is very helpful to try and help is achieve all our goals for having children and never once did we feel uncomfortable being a same sex couple. We were happy with the entire process although it wasn't easy.
When our original calendar [at Utah Fertility Center] was created it was created wrong for Gurtcheff's schedule. So we had to reschedule all our appointments so it got some confused...Gurtcheff I consider to be very professional and caring. She was genuine but honest. Concerned about us. We miscarried and she helped us through the entire process. She is very personable. She is very helpful to try and help is achieve all our goals for having children and never once did we feel uncomfortable being a same sex couple. We were happy with the entire process although it wasn't easy.
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She new us and our situation each time. And took time out for us when needed.
Medications, procedures. The only thing we did not pay for was blood draws and ultrasounds. They were covered by insurance.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was great! Upfront about treatment and outcome expectations. I was comfortable with her from the beginning and really felt that she cared about me as a person. She showed her excitement with us and was always very positive throughout treatment....Antagonist protocol, stimmed with menopur and follistim. Ovulation suppression was with ganirellix. Trigger was about 36 hours prior to retrieval. Fertilization with ICSI then PGS testing and freeze all.
I always had my questions answered and received a call back if I was unable to reach someone [at Utah Fert Ctr - Murray]...She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was great! Upfront about treatment and outcome expectations. I was comfortable with her from the beginning and really felt that she cared about me as a person. She showed her excitement with us and was always very positive throughout treatment...
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was great! Upfront about treatment and outcome expectations. I was comfortable with her from the beginning and really felt that she cared about me as a person. She showed her excitement with us and was always very positive throughout treatment.
Ask questions until you understand everything.
I always had my questions answered and received a call back if I was unable to reach someone.
Antagonist protocol, stimmed with menopur and follistim. Ovulation suppression was with ganirellix. Trigger was about 36 hours prior to retrieval. Fertilization with ICSI then PGS testing and freeze all. Frozen transfer approx 6 weeks after retrieval. Estradiol Valerate injections, Progesterone suppositories and PIO FOR 10 weeks post transfer.
Recommended transfer of 1 embryo, but we were also part of a study that only allowed 1 too be transferred with the first transfer.
+ Read more- Read less
Utah fertility clinic is an amazing clinic! They are professional, caring, kind, and take the time to explain anything to you. Fertility is hard, but Utah fertility clinic makes the experience as pleasant as the situation allows for. You’re in good hands there...[nurses are] Very kind, always!...[Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff is] Personal, validated my feelings, explained things in detail...kind, and informative. She took the time to answer my questions in detail and made me feel like all my concerns were validated. I left her office feeling very confident and hopeful with our situation. I would recommend her to anyone with fertility issues...Go in expecting honest answers. She’s not going to fluff up the situation and I really appreciate that...
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is personable, kind, and informative. She took the time to answer my questions in detail and made me feel like all my concerns were validated. I left her office feeling very confident and hopeful with our situation. I would recommend her to anyone with fertility issues.
Personal, validated my feelings, explained things in detail.
Very kind, always!