Utah Fertility Center

Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyU. of Utah
(208) 529-2019
5296 Commerce Dr.
Murray, UT 84107
Pleasant Grove
1446 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd.
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
St. George
676 South Bluff
St. George, UT 84770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shawn Gurtcheff to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Utah Fertility Center to a friend?
2012 - 2018
Dr. Gurtcheff is kind and compassionate. She seems genuinely invested in helping me see a good outcome. She is easy to meet with, available at several locations and over the phone or via email. She listens and is honest about the probability of success...did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was first a patient of Dr. Gurtcheff's in 2012 after trying to get pregnant for over a year. I was seeing her in Pleasant Grove and then saw her in Murray when they opened their location there. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and two IUIs with injectables and was not able to get pregnant. When she recommended we move on to IVF, we moved to MA and continued our care there, under Dr. Zimon. I resumed my care with Dr Gurtcheff when we wanted to try for another pregnancy with our frozen embryos. We moved our embryos from Boston to UT. I lost both of those embryos, so now we are pursuing donated embryos in hopes of a successful pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Stay up to date on current research, ask all your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Shawn Gurtcheff used in your cycles at Utah Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of Clomid in 2012. I always responded to meds and had 1-2 mature follicles, but no pregnancy. I did 2 IUI cycles with her as well, both with injectable meds. My husband has good sperm counts, but neither IUI was successful. My AMH was low and dropping, so it was recommended we move on to IVF, which we did (but with another clinic and doctor out of state). For my FET cycles, I took estradiol valerate to prep for FET and PIO to help support pregnancy. My first transfer had a positive pregnancy test, but HCG levels were low and never went up appropriately. I had an early miscarriage after verifying via ultrasound no viable pregnancy. Dr. Gurtcheff did a full round of bloodwork to check for factors that could cause repeat pregnancy loss (nothing found) and I had an endometrial biopsy done. My second FET was similar to the first and resulted in a successful pregnancy until 13 weeks when I developed a SCH that caused me to miscarry. She was supportive of us trying IVF with our own eggs again, but my insurance denied coverage due to high FSH levels, so we are pursuing donated embryos at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mallory Oliverson)
She does an ok job, but is sometimes slow to get back to me. She doesn't always know what is going on with my cycle and is a little too clinical for me. She is nice enough, but not my favorite.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I like that the clinic is small, but they have several locations so I can always get in to be seen in a timely manner. The billing department seems a bit unorganized. I like that I can communicate easily with my doctor. I like that my doctor has done all my procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center.
FET was $2900.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Dr Gurtcheff is very sweet and easy to talk to. she is great at explaining everything throughout the whole process. she truly seems to have my best interest in mind and seems to want us to get pregnant as badly as we want it.... when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
ask her anything! she is a fountain of knowledge. I had so many questions and worries with my last miscarriage and there wasn't one thing she couldn't answer and she assured me that this wasnt my fault and involved me when deciding a new care plan.
she met with us in her office multiple times, and called me personally to discuss my new diagnosis of pcos. her staff always calls to check up on me each cycle and she makes sure I am well informed and involved in my care.
when I first met with her she said "we have to figure out what the problem is first before we can treat it." she did an ultrasound and several labs to determine that I had PCOS. she then started me on provera to start a period and I did. then we did 2.5 mg of femara to help me ovulate because I wasn't ovulating on my own. that dose didn't work and she increased to 5 mg the next month. I ovulated and got pregnant, but unfortunately ended in miscarriage. the following month we did 5mg of femara again but no ovulation, so she increased it to 7.5. I have been on that dose for two cycles now and have ovulated both times. she also gave me the option during the process to do timed intercourse with monitoring at any point, but I decided to wait and try just the femara for a while first. each cycle she has done a 21 day progesterone to confirm ovulation and if I ovulate then she does an HCG test the week after. she has given me a lot of options for what steps to take next, especially after my miscarriage, which I appreciate! since the miscarriage she has also started me on 200 mg of prometrium twice a day each cycle after ovulation is confirmed and baby aspirin once a day. prometrium was done a couple other times on the cycles that I didn't ovulate to start a period
I sometimes felt like the nurses or MAs that called me had no idea what was going on with my care plan. so that was kind of frustrating, but overall everyone has been really nice and they call the doctor if needed anytime I have questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
the MAs seem unprofessional at times, but I have LOVED the doctors and nurse practitioners that I have talked to. everyone seems to have my best interest in mind. it can also be very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone, but I understand that they are very busy and they do really well at returning phone calls.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
I feel like she [Dr. Gurtcheff] did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist...She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them....Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I feel like she did an amazing job explaining the treatment, as well as adjusting my plan as cycles progressed and making the changes that needed to be made. Very good bedside manner. She is educated and caring. I have really loved having her as my fertility specialist
Ask questions you are unsure of, and speak up. She is wonderful at listening to your concerns you just need to voice them.
I loved going to the clinic as the staff seemed to truly care about my outcome. Gave me adequate time and always addressed my needs. The only time I ever felt frustrated was working with the schedule lady who didn't understand why I had to work and it was difficult to make all of the appointments.
I used 7.5mg of femera, as well as 75units of follistim. This resulted in 1 beautiful follicle. Hcg trigger and iui. However did not result in pregnancy. The second iui 10mg femera, 3, 75 unit doses of follistim due to poor initial response. Hcg trigger and iui 48 hours later. Also used Estrace due to thin uterine linning. Failed cycle. After this we discussed and both felt the best option was to move to IVF.
The nursing staff was professional and attentive. Always made me feel comfortable and informed.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are ample. Organized and proactive in care. Everyone works together to establish the best possible patient care. One weakness is that initially it is difficult to get in. However, once you have your initial visit the go to great lengths to accommodate you.
Because we have insurance that doesn't cover infertility costs build rather quickly. Each iui cycle was $800.00 out of pocket for monitoring and procedure. Plus on average of $500.00 for meds.
Describe Shawn Gurtcheff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Utah Fertility Center.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff... The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time
European, Latino
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff is very sweet & caring. She made us feel very comfortable & gave us hope which is something we haven't had in a long time. My only complaint is I only saw her for the appointments to go over test results and talk about our plan. The ultrasounds, IUI procedures, & even the call to tell me the results that I wasn't pregnant were all done by her nursing staff. They were great, but I felt like there were a lot of questions at times that I couldn't get answers to because I wasn't able to speak with Dr. Gurtcheff directly.
Write down all your questions so you can ask while she's around because you don't always get the opportunity to later.
Dr. Gurtcheff did an amazing job of showing how much she cares & feels for our situation. We have secondary infertility & I was nervous to see a doctor because I didn't want them to think treating me was less important because I already have one kid. Dr. Gurtcheff really seemed to understand our desire to grow our family & give our son a sibling. She reassured us & made us feel comfortable the whole time.
Dr. Gurtcheff explained that clomid on it's own isn't that affective & neither is the IUI. She recommended we do a combination of both to increase our chances. I appreciated the more aggressive approach. We were to try this method up to 3 times because the success rates are supposed to be cumulative so with each attempt our chances go up. After 3 times we would save up for/prepare for ivf.
They were organized, experienced, & very professional. Very warm & friendly. It was easy to feel comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is amazing. Very clean & comfortable. They respond to phone calls/call you back very quickly. When waiting on results they always call in a timely manner, exactly when they say they are going to. There can be a little bit of a wait sometimes even if you show up to your appointment early or on time.
IUI and baseline ultrasound -$875 HCG trigger shot, progesterone, & clomid - together cost around $200 Other tests and appointments I was billed around $400
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.... She always made sure that I asked questions and she would answer them. She always try to normalize how I felt every step of the way
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is educated and well knowledged in her profession. She has compassion, empathy, and is real. I have loved working with her because I trust her every step of the way. She is always made sure that whatever decision is made is my own and not because she feels one way or the other. She has remain optimistic for me but yet realistic.
If you were looking for someone who knows what they are doing she is the one that can figure out what is wrong and what is the best course of treatment. She is also very smart and empathetic you would love her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker )
My Care coordinator has always been available to answer my questions, returns my phone calls quickly, and just overall a very compassionate person. She has shown me that she is invested in myself being able to conceive as much as I am. She is simply amazing
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love the girl that works the front desk. I love all of the staff at this location. They are really good with getting you in and out of your appointments as quickly as possible and the wait time isn’t that long. They make going through fertility treatments easier and such a hard time. They also help to answer any question that you may have about your fertility
I have had insurance coverage which has helped. In total I have paid out of pocket around 1300. With IVF I do not have insurance coverage so that will be more costly, we are looking at about 13,000 which includes medication for one round
Murray
I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic...I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person...We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I was only able to meet and discuss with Dr. Gurtcheff once at the beginning of treatments. From there on out i saw her nurses and she reviewed my files and led them to the direction that i should go with meds/treatments. I had the option to have her perform my last ultrasound before graduating the clinic but it was too expensive since this is not covered by my insurance.
I would have liked to see her more/hear her opinion in person
The nurses were very nice and welcoming to any questions and helping me along the way.
We started out less aggressive with oral medications and she slowly increased the dosage until we exhausted every trial. Dr. Gurtcheff then moved me to injectables where she ran blood test to determine the best injection to use with the right amount of mg. She wanted to stimulate my ovaries but not overdo it which makes sense. The injectables finally produced a follicle for a cycle treatment.
Most of the nurses were awesome! There were some that seemed too busy to answer questions. I would have to leave a message and wait hours before i could get an answer.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good personable staff. I would like to see them answer questions via phone faster. It would take hours (most likely until the end of the day) until i would get a response to a question. Their online portal was nice to email questions but again was unpredictable as to when i would hear back.
Trials were different costs. Timed intercouse was roughly $500 but with medications more around $700. IUI was around $800 and with medications more around $1000 every trial.
2013 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Poor Egg Quality, Other
During the process things were fairly routine but when it began to look like we wouldn’t get the outcome we hoped for she [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] was incredibly kind and compassionate. She cried with us and offered free consults later to develop new plans moving forward. She emailed me a few times about personal things that she was following up on and stayed involved with us which made it feel like she’s been an ally
2013 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Shawn is incredibly compassionate and takes joy in helping her patients. She is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that it easy to understand: you’ll leave feeling like you’ve gained a friend.
Make sure you are on the same page as to what you want and what you can expect to happen if treatments don’t go as planned how things will be adjusted and what your options will be so that you can prepare
During the process things were fairly routine but when it began to look like we wouldn’t get the outcome we hoped for she was incredibly kind and compassionate. She cried with us and offered free consults later to develop new plans moving forward. She emailed me a few times about personal things that she was following up on and stayed involved with us which made it feel like she’s been an ally
I don’t remember the specifics as far as protocols. I know I was on injections for IVF with the hopes that we could freeze embryos and use a gestational carrier. My eggs never seemed to be fully ready for retrieval and we only ended up with two but none that could be frozen. If we move forward again she has explained that we will use a more involved protocol
I don’t think we had a one individual nurse but everyone we worked with was friendly and made us feel very comfortable
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I would want to know more about various medication options and what the financial options are. I did like how kind the staff is and how quickly they made us feel at ease each time that we visited. Sometimes they decided to just check something really quick that they were curious about and that sometimes hit us hard when it came to billing. I was impressed by how successful so many of our friends have been through using this clinic so it gives me hope for our future treatments
We spent around 13k between care, medications, retrieval and insemination. I know when comparing to other clinics that this is reasonable but it felt like a lot when we were left with no embryos to transfer
I had the desire to transfer two embryos since they didn’t seem to be as good if quality but she explained the risks and why we would be wise to do single embryo transfers but we never made it far enough to be able to do that
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shawn Gurtreff] truly understood how much We wanted andswers and how much we wanted a baby. You could tell that she just wanted to help and wanted to make sure we were heard. She showed that even if it didn’t work for us, she wanted to make sure we did all we could to make sure we didn’t have any regrets.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was truly the reason we had success. She was there to make sure we felt like we were a priority and like we had someone on our team. She made it feel like she wanted success as much as we did. Without her I would have given up a long time ago. Because of her knowledge and determination, I now have my amazing and perfect miracle baby!
Make sure she knows you mean business and you will stop at nothing! I made sure to let her know I had done my research and I would ask her about everything I could find. She was happy to research anything I asked about. She is great at communicating but I also came with a lot of my own questions.
She truly understood how much We wanted andswers and how much we wanted a baby. You could tell that she just wanted to help and wanted to make sure we were heard. She showed that even if it didn’t work for us, she wanted to make sure we did all we could to make sure we didn’t have any regrets.
We did a typical protocol without Lupron first. We started with birth control and then right into follistim and menopur. Stimmed for 9 days and retreival went perfect. Retrieved 19, 16 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. We didn’t plan on ICSI but my husbands sperm dropped motility (I think it was motility) when they went to fertilize naturally, so dr G told the embryologist to not risk anything and just do ICSI (they didn’t charge us). On day 3 we still had 15 growing. Day 5 we transferred a morula and had no blasts but 6 more we let still grow for another day to see if they would become blasts to be able to freeze. Dad 6 all the remaining had arrested and the fresh transfer didn’t result in pregnancy. The second cycle we started with Lupron and did only menopur to try to help with quality we had to up the menopur dose to 3 vials per day at one point. We stimmed for 11 days (maybe 12 I can’t remember) and retrieved 7 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI. 5 still growing on day 3. Day 5 we had 4 still, we transferred 1 and let the others grow some more to see if they would make it to blast. None made it and arrested on day 6. This smcycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test too. Cycle 3 we started right away and didn’t use anything to suppress at all. We did a complete natural start and did half a vial of menopur and follistim. We only stimmed 8 days before trigger. We had 21 retrieved, 19 mature, 15 fertilized with ICSI. Still had 15 on day 3 and day 5 we had 4 still growing with one expanded blast to transfer. We waited until day 6 for the other 3 to see if they would catch up and they did! We froze 3 blasts. The cycle resulted in a negative again and we did an ERA test to check for receptivity. We waited for those results and everything came back good. We waited a couple of months because my estrogen levels took a very long time to get back to normal levels, then we geared up for the first frozen transfer. We did a natural start again and transferred a low quality embryo. All went as planned and we now have a 9 month old miracle baby. Dr g has been amazing and was so excited to have us bring him back to meet her and her staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Each doctor has their own nursing staff and own line for communication. They did a bit of restructuring and it was a little rough for the transition for patients and the staff to get used to the new system but it is great now and so helpful! Morgan was great and Danica is also great! They are awesome and made sure I was helped and listened to.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Own nursing staff for each dr. Make sure you know how the office operates and you won’t have any unwelcome surprises. Ask questions about procedures and you will get more information than you knew you wanted. Info is available and will be given but you can be explained as much or as little as you want. But you must communicate.
They tried to bill everything through Insurance. The out of pocket cost to me Was the same regardless of whether or not they tried to bill Insurance. I had one clinic I was going to go to that would check with Insurance but if they didn’t pay anything, I would have a higher cost than if I just didn’t have them try to bill Insurance. With UFC they would always try to bill Insurance and if Insurance wouldn’t cover it, the cost to me didn’t change. I felt like UFC knew their way around Insurance and knew what was able to be billed to Insurance so that there was minimal cost to me out of pocket and minimal confusion about what things would cost.
I have a unicornuate uterus (I only have half a uterus) and dr g said we will transfer 1 embryo and 1 embryo only. It is not same for baby and not safe for mom.
2012 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
Dr G [Shawn Gurtcheff] is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She is a gentle communicator, and very helpful. She was just as determined as us to help as achieve our goal of having a baby. We experienced recurrent pregnancy loss with our first 3 IVF cycles, on the 4th cycle there were no embryos to transfer... most would give up or move on at that point but she was so open to talking about everything we could do and just gave us so much hope. We ended up switching some things around for our 5th IVF cycle and now we have our two sons from our 5th and 6th transfers! She made it possible for us to do the 5th round, and suggesting a new protocol. We are so grateful for her and all that she has done to help us
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr G is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She is a gentle communicator, and very helpful. She was just as determined as us to help as achieve our goal of having a baby. We experienced recurrent pregnancy loss with our first 3 IVF cycles, on the 4th cycle there were no embryos to transfer... most would give up or move on at that point but she was so open to talking about everything we could do and just gave us so much hope. We ended up switching some things around for our 5th IVF cycle and now we have our two sons from our 5th and 6th transfers! She made it possible for us to do the 5th round, and suggesting a new protocol. We are so grateful for her and all that she has done to help us.
Ask as many questions as you can! She will answer all of them for you!
Dr G did everything she could to help us have a family. She would call me from her cell phone and tell me results/updates she truly cares for us!
We did so many IVF cycles I don’t remember exact protocols for each. But I will say we ended up just doing minimal stimulation cycles because I produced about the same number of good quality eggs on min stim. Another important part of my IVF protocol was adding in Intralipid infusions after I had 3 miscarriages. These helped lower my NK cell count so my body didn’t attack the embryo(s) and got me my two baby boys! 😊
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I started with this clinic when they were in a small building in PG. They have grown and expanded so much over the years which came with positives and negatives. Trying to get ahold of a nurse or coordinator in the same day can be stressful because they are so busy now. I would just say that they have some growing pains to work through so that they can still offer great patient care.
Yes, she did. I will say ultimately she left the choice up to us but did very well at educating us on all the pros/cons of each option.
Pleasant Grove
[Dr. Gurtcheff] Very knowledgeable initially. Poor communicator when it comes to follow up. Very late to appointments. Only met with her one time on the initial visit, everything else was done with nurses or techs...When I finally had the opportunity to speak with the Dr. Gurcheff, I very openly explained my frustration and dissapointment with the lack of communication from her and the lack of professionalism from her staff. She was very apologetic again
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate. Ask questions and demand answers, don't leave an appointment without fully understanding what is going on.
On our first meeting they said to come 15 minutes early, so we did. She was then 35 minutes late so we waited almost an hour. We were optimistic though. The first meeting went well and we really liked Dr. Gurtcheff. She scheduled many tests, took blood, etc. and we scheduled our next appointment with her, which was to be done over the phone to discuss our results the following week. We scheduled the appointment with the receptionist and left. When our appointment came, we were very much looking forward to getting some answers however, the doctor never called. We tried calling the office and at first were placed on hold for 9 minutes, until I decided to hang up. When trying to call back, no one answered and we got voicemail the next couple times. Our over the phone appointment was now 15 minutes late and we were just baffled. My husband decided to drive to their office as we only live a few minutes away. When he got there he was told that Dr. Gurtcheff wasn't in and that they would give her a message. When he asked about our appointment, he was hastily shewed out and told we'd have to wait to hear from the doctor. The majority of the staff were pretty nice and helpful, with the exception of the front desk receptionist, who always seemed put out and borderline rude. For people who are paying thousands of dollars to elective medical care out of pocket, I expected basic professionalism and service. After an hour passed, I called their other office (in Pleasant Grove) and asked for Dr. Gurtcheff. They said she was there today, but not available. Just a few minutes later she called back and was very apologetic. She said she had an appointment that couldn't wait come up, which I understood. I did however, explain that I would've appreciated a phone call from someone in their office or an explanation of that when we called initially and that this was the second appointment that was late or we'd been waiting for. She asked if we wanted to re-schedule or do the call now... We were in anticipation so we said, which was a mistake because she didn't have a lot of time and basically rushed us through the results. We were left with questions... tried calling to get answers, but couldn't get a call back from the doctor and the nurses weren't too helpful. I went in for a 3d ultrasound and treatment plan, expecting to see the doctor and ask some questions, but she wasn't there, again. I saw a technician and the nurse again and was sent with a paper outlining some instructions on medications to take. When I asked about the medications (where to fill the prescriptions, etc.) I was told someone else would call me with that information. The next day I received a call from an out of state (Arizona) number who said they were a pharmacy that was going to overnight my medication but they wanted my credit card number. At first, I thought this could be a scam, I was alarmed that they wanted my credit card number so I called the doctor to ask them if this was who would be contacting me, but to no avail. I just left messages and two days went by with no call back. Finally, I did my own research, calling the Arizona pharmacy back, asking what was called in, by what doctor, etc. and decided they were legit and I needed the stuff so I paid them and they over-nighted the stuff to my house. It arrived just in time to start taking it and I was determined to stay focused and not let the negative experiences we'd been having with the Utah Fertility Center office affect me. My husband and I both took the medications, we did everything 100% as explained. When I finally had the opportunity to speak with the Dr. Gurcheff, I very openly explained my frustration and dissapointment with the lack of communication from her and the lack of professionalism from her staff. She was very apologetic again and gave me the direct line to her head nurse, with assurance that it wouldn't happen again. We continued on with several more appointments (6 or 7 visits in total over the course of a few months) and each time, never saw Dr. Gurtcheff, just some new person in her office. We drove 45 minutes to their other location to do the IUI as it needed to be done on a Sunday and were told (last minute) that the office near us in Murray wasn't open on Sunday's, only their Pleasant Grove office. That whole process was a blur, no one explains anything. Granted, it was our first time, but still, I thought a little bit of basic understanding of the process would be a fundamental basic... Wrong. The lady that did the procedure said to call the doctor and ask her. But, at that point, even the thought of trying to get a hold of the doctor just felt like a waste of time. The one treatment was unsuccessful. After the poor experience, I decided to look for a new doctor but was so discouraged that I ended up not doing anything. A few months went by and I finally called them to see if they would send me my records, I signed the electronic agreement paperwork, etc. They said they would send them to me, but, big surprise--they never came. I've heard so many great things about the Pleasant Grove office for the Utah Fertility center, but not much about the Murray office. Our bad experience may just be a fluke, but the consistency of the poor service and quality seems to too much to give the benefit of the doubt. I would not recommend the Murray office.
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Treatment plan was to take clomid (both my husband and I). I had an ultrasound to determine that the clomid had produced no more than 5, but at least 3 folicles/eggs. The size was measured and the thickness of uterine lining, etc. I then took HCG to force ovulation for an IUI treatment, which was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Very impasse and nonchalant.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The impression I have is that the Murray office is a remote or satellite office for the main Utah Fertility Center in Pleasant Grove. The office/staff is much smaller and the service leaves a lot to be desired. If you're familiar with the inner workings of infertility and how this all works, it's probably fine. But, if you're new to this or expect to fully know and understand every step of the way, this is no the place for you.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Gurtcheff was free, we expected to pay an office visit but were told they only charge for the services, not the diagnosis, unless you elect not to have them do any treatments. From there we paid for several blood tests were several blood tests, one for genetic testing that cost $450, the others were all around $200 each. The IUI treatment was about $900. We also paid about $350 in prescriptions. In total we spent about $2000. They advised us to complete another round of IUI and had our experience been better, we would have done it in a heartbeat. It wasn't about the cost, it was about the lack of communication and service.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Gurtcheff takes the time necessary to answer my questions. She spends the time necessary with us in appointments to make sure we understand decisions. She makes personal calls to me when I have a miscarriage. She answers my emails..She always researching to see what additional things we can try for me to hold onto a pregnancy. I wish she would have done a few of the tests earlier to avoid the ectopic pregnancy...she is a kind and compassionate person
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff made me feel extremely comfortable from the very first time I met her. I had been told by other doctors that my weight had been causing my miscarriages and she assured me right away that was not the case. She has never made me feel like our miscarriages are my fault. She always researching to see what additional things we can try for me to hold onto a pregnancy. I wish she would have done a few of the tests earlier to avoid the ectopic pregnancy I had but other than that I have no negative feedback and there was no way she could have predicted that happening. She has helped us every step of the way. She has made personal calls and answered all of my concerns. On top of all of that, she is a kind and compassionate person and sincerely wants to make people's dreams happen. We are working with her one more time and doing an IVF cycle with genetic testing to see if we can possibly keep a pregnancy.
Don't expect to see her on every visit but be vocal about your needs to speak to her. You can always make phone appointments.
Dr. Gurtcheff takes the time necessary to answer my questions. She spends the time necessary with us in appointments to make sure we understand decisions. She makes personal calls to me when I have a miscarriage. She answers my emails. I have never felt like a number with her.
For my first cycle with her we did clomid, baby aspirin, metformin, and progesterone. It was more than my other doctor's had tried and the basic s for recurrent miscarriages. We also did multiple blood tests and a genetic test. My second cycle we did clomid and an HCG trigger as well as progesterone, metformin, and Lovenox on the off chance that I was having mini blood clots. We did regular HCG tests and my numbers rose. Unfortunately it ended in a burst ectopic pregnancy, after which we did a tube dye test and found out my other tube was blocked. The cycle I'm working on now will be IVF. Testing included a biopsy for a new known virus that causes miscarriages as well as water ultrasound. My ultrasound showed the possibility of polyps so the next step is a hysteroscopy. The IVF will include embryo genetic testing to see if the miscarriages come from a genetic defect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
We are still in the beginning of working with Morgan but she was very nice in dealing with my bawling as we got things going. Lindsey the ultrasound tech is fabulous. I love her to death. She is caring, compassionate, and always remembers me.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The reception area isn't always very friendly. They don't seem like they care. They are not helpful when it comes to phone calls. You can't ever talk to someone about your concerns when you call. You always have to leave a voice-mail. The reception area is clean. Most of the staff is great to talk to.
I honestly don't know most of the costs as up to now much has been covered by insurance. My IVF cycle will cost approximately $15,000 with genetic testing prior to what my insurance covers.
We have not yet faced this decision.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Gurtcheff recommended a single embryo transfer as research as shown this is the safest and best approach for ivf. We tried this the first time but it didn’t work. The second round we asked for 2 embryo transfers and she informed us of the risks and agreed with the transfer...Shaun was so personable. She called me personally after our first transfer was negative and was so kind and sympathetic about the loss. She called me to congratulate me when we found out we were pregnant and after our babies were born. I adore her and feel like she was a friend.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was amazing. I am a nurse practitioner and she explained everything to me in great detail with percentages. She was so friendly, kind and knowledgeable. She spoke with me at each visit and in between visits to answer all my questions. She was always willing to research any questions I had that were unanswered. I am still amazed by how professional and yet how gentle and kind she was during this very difficult and stressful period.
See her! You won’t regret anything, she is amazing!
We did a short round of ivf it wasn’t going well my eggs were not maturing well, they were growing slowly. We harvested and none of them were very good eggs. We did a long cycle with Lupron and the long lupron cycle worked perfect 28 eggs, 14 embryos and we ended up with twin boys.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan baker)
Good care, supportive of the doctors.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Good clinic. Sometimes difficult to contact the staff or nursing. I wished there was better after hours answering. Otherwise they were fast efficient knowledgeable and honest in my care. They nurses when they would answer were very thorough and had great follow up. The nurse practitioner was very good as well. They were very helpful when I had touble getting my injections and needed emergency medicines.
Costs were the same as all Utah clinics. I found the medications were cheaper.
2013 - 2016
Dr. Gurtcheff was amazing! Right from the first appointment with her, she went over our history with us. She also told us what she suspected our infertility issues were and the exact steps she wanted to take.... We started with Clomid, monitoring with U.S., trigger with HCG and timed intercourse. She felt that I had a Luteal phase defect and that treatment should work. I responded wonderfully to the medications and everything looked perfect, but for some reason it did not work.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. Gurtcheff was amazing! Right from the first appointment with her, she went over our history with us. She also told us what she suspected our infertility issues were and the exact steps she wanted to take. She let us take the lead on our treatment and do what we felt comfortable with. But she also told us if she thought that a different treatment would be better for us. She did not want to waste our money and made sure that we had all of the information we needed before we left her office. Because of her persistence and not giving up on us, we finally conceived our daughter after 6+ years of infertility. We will 100% go back to her for any of our future treatments.
Ask questions. She is there to answer any questions or concerns you have. But if you don't ask, you may not get the answers you need. She will walk you through step by step of everything, just be open and honest about your feelings and concerns.
She knew who we were, every time we came to see her. Her nurses always called back when they said they would. She met with us one on one in her office to discuss treatments and why she wanted to do specific treatments. She was very compassionate when treatments failed and wanted us to get pregnant as much as we did.
We started with Clomid, monitoring with U.S., trigger with HCG and timed intercourse. She felt that I had a Luteal phase defect and that treatment should work. I responded wonderfully to the medications and everything looked perfect, but for some reason it did not work. We decided to try some more, since it was our cheapest option and she had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. Once we exhausted that option she had us move to IUI. She told us she would only do IUI 3 times and if that did not work, she felt like she was wasting our money and would rather see us move forward to IVF. We did Femera, HCG and I believe one other medication. Every IUI I responded well and everything looked perfect, but after 3 times, still no pregnancy. After this she recommended we move to IVF, but honestly at that point it seemed I had unexplained infertility. We did Birth Control, injections twice a day of Bravelle and one other medication. We followed up with antibiotics and all of the normal medications. I had great looking follicles and we were able to retrieve 32 eggs. We decided to fertilize half with ICSI and half on their own, that way we could rule out fertilization issues. Both fertilized the same. We ended up having 10 embryos and after talking to Dr. Gurtcheff about risks and recommendations we transferred one embryo and froze the other 9. I was on progesterone suppositories until my pregnancy test. After transfer I was told to take it easy for 3 days. We ended up getting pregnant and were monitored until 9 weeks and continued progesterone until 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center.
Our care coordinator met with us and went over our entire calendar, prior to IVF. She answer all of our questions and also gave us her work schedule, in case we had any other concerns or questions. She also told us who we could contact in case she wasn't there. The other nurses took great care of us too. They were compassionate and excited when we came in for Ultrasounds and showed progress.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
When we first started at the clinic the front desk made us feel more like a number and seemed more concerned with our payment, than our treatment. Dr. Gurtcheff and her nurses were always great and tried to save us money anyway they could. Since moving to a new building and getting some new staff, we always felt so welcome! They knew who we were and the front desk always chatted with us for a minute. When we left our appointments, the other staff would work with us best they could to make payment less stressful. Their financial coordinator was amazing! She laid it all out for us, but also tried to help us figure out how to best afford our treatments. She was compassionate and did not take it lightly that infertility treatments are expensive. They do have a busy clinic, since they have great results. So it may take some time to get your first appointment scheduled, but be persistent. If you cannot get a hold of someone for a question or concern keep trying or ask to leave a message with your doctor specifically.
I believe that each medicated, timed intercourse cycle was about $600. IUIs were about $1100 each (for everything) and IVF was about $17,000
We discussed transferring one embryo versus 2. Dr. Gurtcheff said that our embryos were great and that she felt that we would have great success transferring one. If that did not work then we would discuss transferring multiple the next time. She ultimately left the choice up to us, but was very honest with her reasoning.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
[Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff used an] Antagonist protocol for Donor egg IVF with pgs. Estrogen priming protocol for own egg IVF and donor sperm. (Canceled cycle) Testosterone priming protocol for own egg IVF and donor sperm. Embryo arrested before. Antagonist protocol for Donor egg IVF with donor sperm. Adding Neupogen uterine wash, and Intralipid infusions, with Lovenox injections. (My successful pregnancy)
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
When we decided to see Dr. Gurtcheff, we were at a loss. Unsure if we would ever be parents. We were moving forward with our 5th IVF, but our 1st using Donor Ovums and our 1st knowing my husband carried a balanced translocation. She simply explained the process of donor ovum IVF with PGS, the process of biopsying embryos, the length of time for results to know if they were suitable for transfer, and when I would need to begin my injections to prepare my uterine lining. This cycle we ended with one embryo that was suitable for transfer. The cycle ended in a chemical pregnancy. It was devastating. I was unsure if I wanted to move forward with fertility treatments. She calmly and sincerely said I think you should try again, for the mere fact I think you and your husband will be great parents. Financially we had already incurred a significant amount of debt. She always worked with us, giving discounts where she was able. Our next cycles we attempted to cycle with my eggs and donor sperm, only making it to retrieval once, in which the embryo did not survive to transfer. During this process, she always thought outside the box, creating me a protocol individualized to me. At that point, we moved forward with a double donor IVF which brought us our miracles.
She is empathetic and listens to her patient's. She has THE BEST bedside manner.
She was the 4th Reproductive Endocrinologist I saw during our journey toward parenthood. She would call me personally to give me the good and bad news. She knew I was on-call one weekend and I was expecting bad news, she texted me before calling to be sure it was a good time to speak. She responded to my emails within a day and was always very specific and detailed educating me on what was going on during the process. I absolutely loved being Dr. Gurtcheff's patient. When people are looking for recommendations, I always and will always recommend Utah Fertility Center and Dr. Gurtcheff!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Anne-Marie APRN and Tonya Canaday, RN)
Anne-Marie Lloyd is patient, thoughtful and empathetic. I will never forget her email checking up on me after a failed cycle. It meant a lot that she cared about my well-being. She was also very efficient and responsive. When we moved forward with double donor, I learned our egg donor was triggering and we needed to order our donor sperm that night. The office was closed, I emailed her the form that needed to be filled out and signed by a clinician. She got it right back to me within the hour! Tonya Canaday, the donor coordinator, was patient with us when we were in the office looking at donor profiles, she was willing to ask the egg donors questions and get back with answers.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strengths are empathy, knowledgeable, individualized treatment plans. Weakness would have to be communication, in that sometimes I would have to call or email several times to get responses to my questions.
I'm not sure what specifically this question is looking for. I believe it was broken down the following: the cost of Donor cycle IVF + donor fee. Not included- ICSI, blood work, meds, anesthesia, H2O ultrasound, Embryo cryopreservation, 7 wk ultrasound and 9-week ultrasound.
She highly recommended an eSET, she explained the risks of transferring more than one embryo. Because we knew that cycle was likely our last, we went against her advice and asked she transfer two embryos. She respected our decision and transferred two.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. G[urtcheff] was amazing! She truely cares and you feel she is part of your team and rooting you on for success! She explains everything so well and doesn't give any false expectations! She is very thourough and quick to respond! She was nothing short of amazing!...We did estrogen priming instead of birth control because I had once had a low AMH blood draw (it had since normalized by the time we started IVF). We then did stims (follistim 225 and one powder of menopur) for 10 days with blood work and ultrasound monitoring.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Dr. G was amazing! She truely cares and you feel she is part of your team and rooting you on for success! She explains everything so well and doesn't give any false expectations! She is very thourough and quick to respond! She was nothing short of amazing!
Be open and don't hesitate to ask questions and expect honest feed back!
Always friendly and comforting! They explained everything to me and always there to answer all my questions and concerns!
We did estrogen priming instead of birth control because I had once had a low AMH blood draw (it had since normalized by the time we started IVF). We then did stims (follistim 225 and one powder of menopur) for 10 days with blood work and ultrasound monitoring. We started ganirilex on atom day 7 and triggered day 10. Egg retrieval was 36 hours. Transfer was 5 days after. Endometrin was started day after egg retrieval. Currently waiting for my beta as I'm filling this out! (already been getting positive at home pregnancy tests :) )
Very knowledgeAble and caring!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful! Honestly have no complaints! They have made this difficult process as easy as it can be! They are very organized, clean and the staff makes you feel so cared for! Everyone is so quick to respond to emails and calls! I have been so happy with my experience and so glad I made the switch to do my IVF with them!
Before medications $9800
We were set on transferring too, while Dr. G made us very aware of the risks, she was so willing to work with us and support us. They do have a strict policy of transferring no more than two though.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] takes care of you in every level to make sure you get the best care. When we needed referrals she gave us the best doctors. My case is complicated and she treats it perfectly... Clomid was pretty textbook along with trigger shots. My IVF cycle was also pretty text book. I just did everything she told me to do.... She just cared so much about our success and has never stopped caring.
European, Black or African-American
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She’s just the most amazing. She takes care of you in every level to make sure you get the best care. When we needed referrals she gave us the best doctors. My case is complicated and she treats it perfectly
Get ready to be given hope back and have the best person in your corner.
She just loves her patients and truly cares for them. She just cared so much about our success and has never stopped caring.
Honestly it’s all a blur. Clomid was pretty textbook along with trigger shots. My IVF cycle was also pretty text book. I just did everything she told me to do. I love making sure tonfollow specific instructions so that’s what I did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Utah Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Baker)
These women have literally become some of my best friends. They are there for me 24 hours a day when I’m panicking and checking on me when things have a set back. They keep me so calm when this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
This place is amazing!!! I recommend every doctor and their staff to anyone who is going through this. The clinic is clean and friendly. Best place! You will feel loved and taken care of. They are all dedicated to making sure you get to walk out with the best care and hopefully a belly full of your precious baby.
I think we’ve spent to date about $25,000 out of pocket
Pleasant Grove
She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] was amazing! I am so happy with the care she provided me! She made sure my health was at the for front and gave wonderful advice on quick decisions that had to be made. She called me personally after a failed iui which really comforted me. We wanted to move fast through this process and she helped accommodate that for us. She is a wonderful and very knowledgeable doctor. I trusted her completely.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was amazing! I am so happy with the care she provided me! She made sure my health was at the for front and gave wonderful advice on quick decisions that had to be made. She called me personally after a failed iui which really comforted me. We wanted to move fast through this process and she helped accommodate that for us. She is a wonderful and very knowledgeable doctor. I trusted her completely.
Let her know if you want to move on to the next step faster. After a failed iui we quickly moved into IVF and she helped us through that.
I always felt up to date on info. She would personally call me with info or to help me make decisions. I felt like she would guide me through the decision making process but ultimately let me decide how I wanted to do things.
She recommended us doing a mini IVF after our first iui failed. Even on a mini stimulation I was developing OHSS. Dr. Gurtcheff caught this and recommended doing a freeze all cycle. I am so grateful she did. After letting my body heal, we had a successful FET!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Every staff member I ever encountered was wonderful! Very compassionate and caring. Very nice and clean environment and a beautiful building. I never had a bad experience with anyone at UFC. I felt cared for and important each appointment I had with them.
Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] is amazing! She is so smart and knows her stuff. She has helped us so much thru the past few years. She’s very thorough and explains everything. She will sit and listen and go over every little thing. She never makes you feel stupid and always is super sweet, during these hard times. She also performed my laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and changed my life!
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is amazing! She is so smart and knows her stuff. She has helped us so much thru the past few years. She’s very thorough and explains everything. She will sit and listen and go over every little thing. She never makes you feel stupid and always is super sweet, during these hard times. She also performed my laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and changed my life!
Don’t hold back on anything, dr gurtcheff is very understanding and would never judge!
I felt like a human because dr gurtcheff takes her time with each individual patient. She is very sweet, understanding, and explained everything so greatly
I’ve been on birth control, hsg, progesterone, fermara and have done a laparoscopy surgery and just did an IUI.
They are always so sweet and patient and understanding. They explain everything so well
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I personally think some of the front desk employees and the people that check you out are very unfriendly at times. They have made me feel stupid several times But dr gurtcheffs staff is amazing!! They are so welcoming and kind.
Everything has been expensive but not too bad. And insurance helps a lot
1 IUI, Egg Freezing (cancer), IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] helped us understand all of our options, all of the possible outcomes, our odds, our chances, and gave us a clear and hopeful plan that was perfect for our needs!...She made me feel like her only patient she was treating! Like all her energy would be spent to get us pregnant with a healthy baby! She was honest but filled us with hope!...I don’t think there is a better doctor out there!
1 IUI, Egg Freezing (cancer), IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I don’t think there is a better doctor out there! She helped us understand all of our options, all of the possible outcomes, our odds, our chances, and gave us a clear and hopeful plan that was perfect for our needs!
I LOVE MORGAN WITH ALL OF MY HEART! Quick to return calls. Answer ALL of my questions and never made me feels stupid for calling so often or asking so many questions!
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
They were almost always on time. Always organized. Always helpful. It’s clean and friendly. Liked all the staff I met. I don’t have any complaints. I have only had a positive experience. Make sure to come prepared with questions at each appointment because the dr or nurses with sit with you and answe all th questions you have. They also have a quick turn around time for blood work results!
$10,000 for retrieval and $4000 for transfer. $800 for iui
I have a history of pre term labor so only one transfer was suggested considering I may go into labor earlier with multiples
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was kind, a teacher, and really cared about me as a person. She also had a lot of optimism.... She is a great physician. She really takes the time to explain all of the details to you and answer any question you have. She doesn't make you feel dumb for asking questions. She is realistic and kind. She gets real life.... Some of my procedures were a little tricky. They were very encouraging, kind, respectful and made me feel ok about everything happening.
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Go see her! She is awesome.
She was kind, a teacher, and really cared about me as a person. She also had a lot of optimism.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Strength wise they are an incredible organization. They treat you with respect and kindness. They are honest and candid while taking care of your emotions as well. They are very knowledgable and will do their best to help you get answers and a baby! They aren't in it for the money and are looking out for all aspects of you as a patient and person. I would say a weakness may just be timing. They are very busy and it can take a while to get an appointment where/when you want it. They did their best though to help you out.
It was more expensive than my OBGYN for monitored cycles but not totally unreasonable.
Pleasant Grove
Dr. Gurtcheff is very knowledgeable about fertility. She is easy to talk to and explains things so you can understand. She is kind and sympathetic to your feelings. She helped immensely by providing samples/extra medications when my retrieval was delayed. During our struggles she was very compassionate.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She always remembered who I was, where we were in the cycle, and how we were doing. She was kind, warm, and helpful.
We tried to go with IUI first to minimize cost but four cycles in a row were cancelled due to follicles growing on the ovary that was connected with a blocked tube. They didn't want us to spend money unnecessarily when the chances of a successful IUI were low. We moved onto IVf after that. We did a medicated cycle and then retrieved the eggs. After fertilization they transferred 2 embryos on day 5. This IVF transfer resulted in one embryo implanting and a live birth.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
The clinic is a fairly new building. People are hard to get in contact with and the nurses don't call back.
In total we spent about $14,000. About $9000 was the IVF procedure and the rest was medication.
Murray
Dr Gurtcheff is the only person i trust with this process. Her and her team really make each visit personable. They are accommodating to your needs and really go the extra mile to make your experience a good one. I highly recommend her... Dr Gurtcheff and her team really know what they are doing. They basically hold my hand through every treatment and i like that. They are uplifting during this difficult process and make me feel like family.
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Be open minded. And trust her and her process.
All the nurses felt more like sisters. When i came in they remembered little details of my last appointments to always strike up conversations.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
I love this place. My fertility journey has been rough but its my body not the clinics fault. After having a miscarriage i went back in the clinic and the nurses cried with me. I left feeling full of hope. This place has no weaknesses.
Flat rate per service which is good for me because i require alot of appointments
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Gurtcheff is up to date with the latest information. She isn’t afraid to tell you when she doesn’t have an answer. I feel like she is very knowledgeable. She is compassionate and honest which is great for me. She always made sure I understood the risk bs benefits of any treatment plan before proceeding...She is wonderful, caring and overall great...took time to go over all of my results and make sure I understood what was going on and what to expect. She was great to check up on me after my miscarriages and make sure o was handle everything ok.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She is wonderful, caring and overall great.
Dr Gurtcheff took time to go over all of my results and make sure I understood what was going on and what to expect. She was great to check up on me after my miscarriages and make sure o was handle everything ok.
They are great and helpful at the office. They are hard to get a hold of during the day and are not the best at getting back to you.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Easy to get an appointment with. Clean and comfortable. The stadf isn’t great at returning patient calls in a timely manner. The receptionists aren’t always helpful. The clinic is up to date on technology
2012 - 2017
I would prefer to see her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] over nurses at my appointments. However, when I did see or talk with her, she was always very kind and answered my questions. I always have my calls returned quickly. I also liked how she followed up with me once my baby was born and at her first birthday.... She is good about checking my thyroid levels regularly in case my dosage needs to be adjusted. When I am not responding to fertility meds, she is very good about reevaluating our treatment plan. I always feel like we are moving in the right direction
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
I would prefer to see her over nurses at my appointments. However, when I did see or talk with her, she was always very kind and answered my questions. I always have my calls returned quickly. I also liked how she followed up with me once my baby was born and at her first birthday.
She answered your questions, is quick you return your calls, and makes you feel hopeful.
I liked how she would call me personally from time to time to discuss results but I didn't appreciate not having her see me at appointments. I almost always saw nurses.
She is good about checking my thyroid levels regularly in case my dosage needs to be adjusted. When I am not responding to fertility meds, she is very good about reevaluating our treatment plan. I always feel like we are moving in the right direction.
Friendly and understanding. Helpful with answering my questions.
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Very nice office. Staff is nice.
$53 blood pregnancy test, $900 IUI
Endometriosis, None
Very compassionate, trustworthy, let's you know possibilities, interested in our journey, excited when it happened, awesome bedside manner. Acted like I was her [Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff] first and only patient was never rushed...Love love love the Dr and the stuff. Thanks for helping make our dreams come true...It was a great experience, questions were always answered...Clean lobby and rooms [Utah Fertility Center], friendly staff, very comfortable atmosphere. Very nice structure. Good location both pleasant grove and Murray.
Endometriosis, None
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Very compassionate, trustworthy, let's you know possibilities, interested in our journey, excited when it happened, awesome bedside manner. Acted like I was her first and only patient was never rushed
Nothing. I loved her
It was a great experience, questions were always answered
Mini IVF
Great communication, calls returned promptly, would get you back for blood draws fast so I could get to work
Describe your experience with Utah Fertility Center.
Clean lobby and rooms, friendly staff, very comfortable atmosphere. Very nice structure. Good location both pleasant grove and Murray. Love love love the Dr and the stuff. Thanks for helping make our dreams come true
Don't remember my insurance covered most of the cost
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I consider [Dr. Gurtcheff] to be very professional and caring. She was genuine but honest. Concerned about us. We miscarried and she helped us through the entire process. She is very personable. She is very helpful to try and help is achieve all our goals for having children and never once did we feel uncomfortable being a same sex couple. We were happy with the entire process although it wasn't easy.
IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
Gurtcheff I consider to be very professional and caring. She was genuine but honest. Concerned about us. We miscarried and she helped us through the entire process. She is very personable. She is very helpful to try and help is achieve all our goals for having children and never once did we feel uncomfortable being a same sex couple. We were happy with the entire process although it wasn't easy.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
She new us and our situation each time. And took time out for us when needed.
Medications, procedures. The only thing we did not pay for was blood draws and ultrasounds. They were covered by insurance.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Gurtcheff] was great! Upfront about treatment and outcome expectations. I was comfortable with her from the beginning and really felt that she cared about me as a person. She showed her excitement with us and was always very positive throughout treatment....Antagonist protocol, stimmed with menopur and follistim. Ovulation suppression was with ganirellix. Trigger was about 36 hours prior to retrieval. Fertilization with ICSI then PGS testing and freeze all.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Shawn Gurtcheff at Utah Fertility Center?
She was great! Upfront about treatment and outcome expectations. I was comfortable with her from the beginning and really felt that she cared about me as a person. She showed her excitement with us and was always very positive throughout treatment.
Ask questions until you understand everything.
I always had my questions answered and received a call back if I was unable to reach someone.
Antagonist protocol, stimmed with menopur and follistim. Ovulation suppression was with ganirellix. Trigger was about 36 hours prior to retrieval. Fertilization with ICSI then PGS testing and freeze all. Frozen transfer approx 6 weeks after retrieval. Estradiol Valerate injections, Progesterone suppositories and PIO FOR 10 weeks post transfer.
Recommended transfer of 1 embryo, but we were also part of a study that only allowed 1 too be transferred with the first transfer.