Available by cell phone
1617 South Tuttle Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34239
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shayne Plosker to a friend?

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology to a friend?
How was your experience with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Plosker has been a very kind and understanding professional. He takes the time to fully explain our treatment plan and answer any questions that may arise. When my husband and I first started this process, we did not know where to start or what to ask. He was exceptionally informative while understanding our concerns. We feel that Dr. Plosker always has our best interests in mind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shayne Plosker at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
The one piece of advice that we would have for prospective patients would be to utilize his expertise. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Plosker will not only answer your questions, but frame his answers in a way that someone not familiar with medical terminology would understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology?
Dr. Plosker takes the time to explain everything. He has also personally called me from his cell phone to discuss results.
Describe the protocols Shayne Plosker used in your cycles at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
Dr. Plosker’s course of treatment were the IUIs. We did four rounds of IUI, along with medication to produce multiple follicles and to stimulate egg release. This course of action was taken because all of the infertility tests for my husband and myself came back negative. After these attempts were unsuccessful, Dr. Plosker performed the HSG. This result was normal. Then we underwent a mock transfer with saline. For IVF treatment, aside from the medication regimen, we had ICSI, PGS genetic testing, genetic screening for both me and my husband, fibroid removal, and an ERA. This first attempt of retrieval and implantation resulted in a miscarriage. The cause was unknown. As a result, Dr. Plosker wanted to eliminate any possible reasons for the miscarriage. That is why the fibroid surgery and ERA have taken place.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Joy Taylor)
Joy Taylor is one of the best nurses we’ve ever met. She exemplifies what a professional nurse should be. She responds to questions promptly and is extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
A strength is USF has satellite offices with the ability to monitor from those offices. Another strength is the Tampa office is open every day. They also have an on call nurse and Dr. to answer any questions or concerns that may arise during a cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shayne Plosker at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
My IUIs were covered by my insurance. But IVF was not, we financed $42,000 (almost $62,000 after interest) through ARC. Meds have been around $3,000.
Sarasota

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shayne Plosker at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Oodles of blood work. Hysterosalpinogram- which showed a blocked tube. At this point Dr. Plosker offered surgery to fix it but we wanted to start less invasive. We tried four IUIs using Clomid and Orvidel- unsuccessful. Sonohysterography- showed a polyp which may be cause for failed IUI. Dr. Plosker performed laparoscopic surgery. During that time he removed endometriosis, repaired a fallopian tube, and removed the poly. Currently doing timed intercourse with Femara while saving money for IVF.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Plosker is amazing. From day one we felt comfortable in his office. He explained the process every step of the way and at no point did we feel we were just another algorithm to him. He takes the time to explain the process and also always allowed us to ask questions without feeling like we were a bother to him. I have nothing but mazing things to say about Dr. Plosker. We have bee in his car for 3 years and while we have no successfully conceived YET I know we will with our determination and his knowledge.
On occasion you will have to wait past your appointment time but it is worth it. Once you are in the office with him you will feel like you are his only patient. You will never feel rushed so just remember he is making the patient ahead of you feel the same way.
Dr. Plosker is amazing. From the first day walking into his office I felt he cared for us and our fertility concerns. I never felt like a number to Dr. Plosker.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
All of the nurses with USF health are amazing. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and helpful.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
USF health is a big clinic, but you would never know it. I have been with them for three years and have always received return calls promptly and have been able to get appointments without delay. they have numerous sites which are nice but invasive procedures and testing are performed in Tampa. It would be nice if the satellite offices provided more procedures as well.
IVF with Dr. Plosker has an estimate of $20,000 plus medications. This includes anesthesia, retrieval, ICSI, genetic testing, and cryopreservation for a year.
Describe Shayne Plosker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
He said we would evaluate when we got to that step. Unsure at this time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Plosker spent an hour with my husband and I the first time we met. He was open and honest about our chances of conceiving. He explained the different processes so that we u derstood and he made sure that we didn’t have any questions before we left.... He also kept finances in the picture which is important when you could be spending a lot of money.... I had three rounds of IUI. Two with clomid and one round with femara.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
I have met with Dr. Plosker on 3 separate occasions. I have never felt rushed during a visit with him and he explained everything in detail. He also kept finances in the picture which is important when you could be spending a lot of money. He truly did seem to care about making our dream of becoming parents a reality.
Take the time to listen and ask all of the questions that you have.
I had three rounds of IUI. Two with clomid and one round with femara. I switched to femara bc I was getting headaches from the clomid. I also did an ovidrel shot on cycle day 12 and IUI was 36hours later. I always had an US on cycle day 12 to confirm follicle size and uterine lining. Unfortunately IUI did not work for me. The process physically was very easy for me and the clinic made sure everything was scheduled and called in for me.
Camilla and Robin I believe. They are always willing to answer all of my questions and are prompt at making me Appointments and calling in meds.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Most importantly they are organized. You never wait on hold for that long. When you call they always have the answers and they know what the next step is. The only issue I had was with billing, they initially told me that my insurance does not cover IUI, and they billed me for the cycle. My insurance however did cover it and they prompty refunded me the money. Other than that issue I have had no problems with the clinic.
Visit was 350 to see dr Plosker Each IUI was 700, but my insurance covered that. Meds were about 150 per month for three months. I also had an HSG and Saline US which was about 1000.
Sarasota

Dr. Plosker is very thorough, and compassionate. Our experience was overall great even though we didn’t end up with the results we had hoped for. At our meeting with Plosker to re-group and come up with another game plan to proceed with future IVF cycles he remaind very positive that he could still help us be parents, he was very patient to answer all of our questions, and even stated he took our case to his colleagues to help in the event he missed anything.
Trust the process and the information he provides you.
Dr. Plosker makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you as a person, and makes you feel more than a dollar sign.
I was started on levothroxine 100mcg and provera 10mg. Prior to cycle. Once cycle was induced I started my Injectables Gonal-F 150 units, Menopur 75 units daily. I also had routine blood work and ultrasounds. During the second week I believe menopur was increase to 150units. Ganirelix 250 mcg was injected daily. Once eggs were mature I was given a trigger shot. Eggs were retrieved 48hrs later. Day of retrieval 8 eggs were retrieved, 6 fertilized properly via ICSI. To help manage pain I was given Tylenol-Codeine #3. On day 5 we only had 1 viable embryo that was biopsied and sent off for PGD testing. I was started on metformin 2-750 mg daily. Approximately, a month later I started estradiol 2 mg x 3 daily. About week prior to transfer started Crinone 8% Gel - 2x a day. Day of transfer I continued Estradiol regimen, and did Crinone 3x that day. After transfer continued Estradiol, and Crinone up until the point of miscarriage approximately 3 weeks after transfer.
I was originally assigned Joy, but I felt with other Nurses in the practice more regularly. Leslie & Amanda we very kind and attentive.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Strengths are that they are thorough, and knowledgeable. Overall they are fairly quick in response if you leave messages. Weaknesses are appointment wait times. Overall, the Dr’s, RN’s and staff have made this a great experience, and have continued to walk us through this journey.
Approximately- $18-20k
Dr. Plosker is very against multiple transfer if you have had PGD/PGS testing.
Sarasota

Once he realized we were also having secondary fertility issues he began looking into solutions. Most communication was through nurses and office staff. I did have trouble getting return calls until I was going through actual cycles with them...I felt like everything was just following typical protocol instead of cycles being more personalized for my issues.... Plosker was there for the 2 ultrasounds. He was quite friendly....I pushed to try Femara instead. I asked to change my monitoring date because I believed I was ovulating early.
I went to Dr. Plosker because he came to my town in the same clinic as my OBGYN. Turns out it was his last day affiliated with them. I had to drive 45min to his main office every appointment, but there was no RE in town. I felt like he thought I was only there to find out about why I had a 16w loss. Once he realized we were also having secondary fertility issues he began looking into solutions. Most communication was through nurses and office staff. I did have trouble getting return calls until I was going through actual cycles with them. I did have issues with cysts and had to cancel several cycles. During one cycle, no one seemed to know whether I should just go home because of a cyst or what. I'm the one that suggested testing estrogen as I had done in the past. I expected another canceled cycle, but found out the cyst wasn't producing. This iui cycle was the cycle that worked. Dr. Plosker wasn't there for this...he was out of country. I had twins from the cycle. I think we were all surprised that both follicles took after 1.5yrs of nothing working. Plosker was there for the 2 ultrasounds. He was quite friendly. He did end up affiliating with another clinic in my town so I was able to get a little monitoring closer to home. I'm grateful for going to Dr. Plosker. My twins are now 14m.
Make sure you research and advocate for yourself. If a treatment isn't giving great results ask for something else. (Ie clomid made me ovulate early and gave cysts. I used Femara next. I also knew I ovulated early on meds and was able to let them know).
Most cycles were TI cycles with progesterone (early spotting). Eventually, I given clomid first with no monitoring. I ovulated really early and wasn't even able to try. When I tried a monitored cycle I had multiple cysts from the clomid. I had to sit out several cycles. I pushed to try Femara instead. I asked to change my monitoring date because I believed I was ovulating early. I had 2 follicles (17mm and 21mm). I used a trigger shot and had an iui 48hrs later. It resulted in twins. Most of my previous appointments were to rule out causes for my 16w loss 2 years before.
I did have some communication issues with getting returned calls at times. Once I was fully involved in a cycle and not TI it was better.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The main fertility room is housed in an OBGYN office. This is difficult to go through check in with all the pregnant women in line. There is a separate glass door though once you go in.
I paid about $650 for an iui (no insurance coverage for fertility). I believe total cost for one iui cycle including medication and monitoring was a little less than $1000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Every time I saw him [Dr. Plosker], he spent the first five minutes reading his computer about my history. He never remembered me and always seemed forgetful....He was distant, played on my desperate emotion by promising false hopes. At first, he seemed to care, but after each visit, I was left wondering if he even knew my name. After the chemical pregnancy ended, his aftercare was atrocious.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
I feel like I was taken advantage of, not because it didn't work but because of his care. He was distant, played on my desperate emotion by promising false hopes. At first, he seemed to care, but after each visit, I was left wondering if he even knew my name. After the chemical pregnancy ended, his aftercare was atrocious. He even changed his percentage, and insinuating that he knew it was not going to work. I honestly feel like he swindled us out of money. I would never recommend him to anybody.
If you choose to use him, get second opinions and be skeptical of his promises.
Every time I saw him, he spent the first five minutes reading his computer about my history. He never remembered me and always seemed forgetful. One vivid example is the blood work he ordered. They drew so much blood, I had to use both arms. When I went back for the results he actually said, "Wow, who ordered all these unecessary tests?" As a result, I had to pay for tests not needed. Also, instead of suggesting surgery to unblock my tubes, he said IVF was my best shot.
I injected myself twice daily with very high hormones. They monitored my eggs at first every four days, eventually it was every other day. Once the eggs were transferred, I had to put progesterone in vaginally. Unfortunately, I travelled to Ireland one week after the transfer without any hesitation from him. Also, during the injections and after the transfer, I was not allowed to drink or exercise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember her name)
The nurses were amazing. I always felt supported and cared for by each one of them. I wish they worked for someone else because they were the complete opposite of Dr.Plosker. They were very compassionate and always answered every question.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic is clean and efficient. It is in a building with other medical needs. The wait room is small and they are sometimes quick.
15,000 plus extra for all the unecessary bloodwork.
St. Petersburg,

Dr Plosker is very caring. Any concerns you have he addresses in a detailed manner. He is very sympathetic in the event the transfer is not successful and will review all possibilities as to why it may not have worked. He even gave his personal cell phone number out to call with any concerns after retrieval... Dr Plosker is a laid back individual who spends time to with you to review your case.
Dr Plosker is a laid back individual who spends time to with you to review your case. He will even “shoot the sh*t” with you. He is gentle and caring with each visit. We never felt rushed during our appointments with him.
As a new patient, it took a little bit before I could get an appointment with him. So plan accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Joy)
They were all compassionate during each visit. Especially when it came time for the pregnancy test. When having to call individuals with bad news, they knew exactly how to handle it and all the right words to say.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic is very clean, warm and welcoming. The office is semi private off in the corner of a large office. It is on the same floor as the OB/GYN so sometimes it was difficult to see individuals coming in with babies/pregnant as you are going to the office trying to get pregnant. If you don’t have a direct line to the person you are trying to reach, it’s hard to get a hold of them.
IVF w/ICSI - $11,000
We were educated on single vs multiple embryo transfer. He recommended that we transfer two on the day of our transfer. But if we wanted differently, he was accepting of that.

2011 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
My HSG [with Dr. Shayne Plosker] revealed I have a blocked right tube. My blood work showed I had low AMH. My protocol was to do timed cycles at home first with clomid and then move onto IUI. His treatment strategy included us probably needing IVF...He was understanding to my situation and offered the best plan of action to move forward. I felt like he was doing what was best for my diagnosis but I didn’t feel like it was the only option I had. I was given only 2 options and I felt like maybe I had more alternatives. I ended up becoming pregnant on my own without assistance and followed up with his clinic for my perinatologist care.
2011 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Ask questions, make a list ahead of time. I didn’t and would get home and remember things I wanted to ask.
I had and HSG done along with blood work and that was all. My HSG revealed I have a blocked right tube. My blood work showed I had low AMH. My protocol was to do timed cycles at home first with clomid and then move onto IUI. His treatment strategy included us probably needing IVF. We took a break after the timed cycles. I ended up getting pregnant naturally with a PCOS diet and weight loss in 2012. I had a missed miscarriage and ended up taking another fertility break so I didn’t follow up with the clinic again until I got pregnant again in 2014. Where I was referred to USF to see a Perinatologist because of my AMA and not Plosker because I was already pregnant.
I only spoke with them briefly on the phone for appointments.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic was easy to find and get to. Very busy practice staff was polite and helpful. The office itself was nice and well kept. Parking was easy, the building was marked well to figure out where to go.
St. Petersburg,

Simply the best I have seen so many infertility doctor but dr Shayn plosker he just the best so kind and so professional so intelligent and ver very very good I think he is the best .................................................…………
Just keep swimming
This doctor is the best he gave us all his time Never had a doctor spending more than an hour with us every time we see him plus he was very quick in diagnosing us with the right thing and pushing us towards the right treatment although with did not do it with him cuz it is very expensive in the Us we chose to do it in morocco our native country cuz it was way less expensive
We were going for IUI but we didn’t doing we this doctor cuz it’s very expensive in the USA so we did it outside the country
Very good overall
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
The best ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ...................
None
Tampa
Dr. P[losker] always showed compassion and told us how it was without being harsh. He explained in detail what we would be doing and potential risks and outcomes. He is an extremely intelligent Dr. and very thorough...He books up quickly so be patient(as hard as it is) because he is so worth the wait!...He took time to explain things to us and always remembered us and things we told him.
Dr. P always showed compassion and told us how it was without being harsh. He explained in detail what we would be doing and potential risks and outcomes. He is an extremely intelligent Dr. and very thorough.
We used menopur, gonal-f and 1 other I cant remember.
The nursing staff were so friendly and always trying to put a smile on my face.
Describe your experience with USF IVF and Reproductive Endocrinology.
One of the schedulers is really rude(Robin) but I try not to let her get to me. Everyone else is do friendly and compassionate. The nurses take time to explain things and if they aren't sure of something they find out from Dr.P and get all of the correct facts.