Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolMount Sinai
ResidencyNYU
FellowshipNYU
810 7th Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sheeva Talebian to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM New York to a friend?
She [Dr. Talebian] and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer...answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband...I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I am not someone that usually writes reviews, but Dr. Talebian was so amazing in our journey that I felt compelled to share my experience. I believe that Dr. Talebian was instrumental in our success and we would not be where we are today without her. From day one she looked at me as a person that she could help have success and she never wavered from that belief; even when I myself did. She never gave up on my case. She was reassuring and took time to explain things in person, on email, and on the phone every time I reached out and needed reassurance, encouragement or an explanation. She was beyond patient. Advice- don’t be afraid to ask questions and do that over googling. The internet is scary and often times wrong. Trust her and believe in her. She knows what she’s doing. She will tell your her POV and guide you- let her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Trust in her and don't be afraid to ask questions or for an explanation of how things work. She is super knowledgeable and knowing the facts will help reassure you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I never once felt like a number- and I was at this practice for over a year. Every visit the entire staff treated me as a person and spoke to me by name and greeted me with the warmest smiles. I was never rushed through and every doctor, nurse, receptionist I saw was top notch. Dr. Talebian answered every email and question I had-- always doing so with encouragement and support. She never made me feel like I was wasting her time or that she was too busy to pay attention. She knew the details of my case intimately, and literally was always there for me and my husband.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
We started with letrozole and then moved to an IUI before doing IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: julie)
Nursing staff and the entire team was excellent. Went out of their way to be friendly, call you by name, ask how you were doing and feeling. Can't say enough good things.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I believe this clinic is amazing and very different from many in NY that are more like factories. I have had friends who had insanely long wait times, never saw their actual doctor, had information prescribed wrong etc. and that is not the case here. We saw our doctor at almost every visit and if not, we saw one of the other three doctors who are all amazing. We felt like we were in good hands with each of them and every visit was timely. The waiting room is peaceful and clean.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
She and the entire clinic tends to only do single embryo transfer
CCRM New York

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.

We had two consultations with Dr. Talebian before starting with treatment. I was able to directly email her through the course of us deciding next steps and she got back to me quickly. Through our conversations she mentioned a few things that showed she understands the emotional and physical side to doing cycles....She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
We came to see Dr. Talebian after completing 3 failed cycles with another clinic. I wasn't sure if we would get turned away since we had some failures but instead she was pleasantly positive. She did not give false hope, just stated facts and let us know we aren't at the end of the road yet- which is what we were hoping to hear. She was relatable and empathized with all the life style changes we have had to make in the past year. She understood the need to keep life as normal as possible and gave the OK on things we had previously cut out because of IVF. I never felt rushed or that any question was silly.
Come with questions- she will answer all of them.
estrogren priming (about 1 week) oral steriod Clomid 10 days Menupor 150 Gonal 300 Centrotide HCG 10,000 iu trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: yes but I didn't always deal with her)
I feel communication and organization is a weak point for the coordinators. Since I have been through several cycles (at another clinic) I knew what to expect at the steps along the way. I found myself asking the nurses and coordinator for information that they should have been telling me. I was giving them personal information twice because they said they didn't have it (but I had given to someone else) One visit they thought I was only getting blood, no sonogram and only knew I needed the sonogram because I said something. Even after discussing it they thought I was on a different day of stims. All instructions are emailed through their portal which is very nice to not be on edge waiting for a phone and thinking you might miss it. It is easy to print the email and then have a checklist of meds until your next visit. The only set back is if when you don't get a message. Once I called because it was 4:30 and I still hadn't gotten my instructions. The nurse said she already sent it and I just didn't receive. So you still have to be on top of that. Although their are a few setbacks overall the staff is very friendly and willing to help.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Morning monitoring are scheduled appointments and are usually called within 5-10 mins of appointment time. If you want to see your doctor for monitoring you have to tell them when making the appointment. If not, you just see the doctor covering AM monitoring. If you know you are going for blood and ultrasound and a nurse tells you differently question it. They could have inaccurate information. Although the clinic is on the smaller side, confusion can still happen!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.
CCRM was very detailed with billing. They shared a lined item list of each step of the cycle and cost. There was a list of extra services as well that you could add to the cost. Total IVF cost was 24k not including medication.

2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward.... Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she [Dr. Talebian] was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
As I mentioned previously, we did not feel like a number with CCRM. Compared to a few other clinics, the Dr-patient interaction is amazing. Being diagnosed with Premature ovarian failure we knew our chances of a successful IVF round were low. At each failed cycle she was able to express her sympathy, while also guide us towards positive next steps to move forward. For a brief period (due to insurance coverage) we left CCRM and after a few months with a new dr, I had to return back to Dr. Talebian's care.
Give her all the details and be open and honest with your treatment expectations. She may not always say what you'd like to hear but you feel validated that she has reviewed your information and is giving you the best options to a possible new approach
From our first consult, Dr. Talebian was able to give us her past experience at working at other NYC clinics (like RMA who we had previously went to) and describe in a very sensitive way how CCRM operates a little differently and her approach for my treatment. Throughout our time with her she has been available via phone and email and responds in a very timely manner. She is invested in our case and with every roadblock has given us options that work best for us to successfully move forward.
Although odds were slim for me to have a successful IVF round using my own eggs she was willing to try two different attempts. Along the way we had multiple touch points and conversations regarding possible donor eggs - never a push - just a gentle suggestion for whenever we were ready to go down that path.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: JAMIE WALSH/MELISSA KORNBLAU)
The nursing staff is amazing - led by Lori, they personally take time to learn your name, and always greet you with a smile and a simple "hi how are you doing today" (which is more than at many other clinics) Since I have been there for a while, the nurses now know that although my veins can be challenging they know exactly how to get it done efficiently (there was even a new nurse drawing my blood, and Lori came over to show her where is the best place on my arm) We also worked with Jamie Walsh who was great with emails and contact
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Strengths are everyone on the staff, they are all trying to work with you and not just find a way to "trick you" with services you may not need (which happened at other NYC clinic) The biggest weakness would be that they don't accept many major insurances which in this field could lead many patients away.
Have not had an embryo transfer, although she was pretty straightforward in her belief to transfer single

IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Talebian] provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!...During my first visit, we discussed retrieval and donor she explained each protocol and allowed me and my husband to weigh out our options...I never felt rushed or pushed in either direction. The information she provided us helped make our decision and most importantly we never felt judged.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My experience was stellar with Dr. Talbien. She was confident and knowledge about IVF ...I never felt as if the transfer wouldn't work and if I did have doubts she had solutions and reassuring words that helped ease my worry. Dr. Talebian never once made me uncared for, she treated me like a VIP!
GO GO GO see her if you want a baby!
Dr. Talebian was amazing throughout my whole IVF treatment I always felt cared for and secure ...whether it be during business hours or the weekend my concerns and questions were answered right away. Dr. Talebian and her staff treated me with the utmost tenderness. She provided detailed information about IVF and walked me and my husband thru every step, we never worried under her care...I even recommended her to my dearest friend who struggled almost 10 years to have a child and as I write now she like me are enjoying the new title of mommy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jaime Walsh)
Jaime was incredible she like Dr. Talebian made me feel like a VIP....she explained the steps, set up my calendar and made everything easy!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I can't remember any weaknesses I just remember they were on time, efficient and friendly... They were very flexible in terms of fitting me in if I was running late or needed to reschedule which was most of the time!
The costs seemed fair and at times were adjusted if money was tight.

8 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts...When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable...We discussed [with Dr. Talebian] new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us.
8 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
My husband and I were referred to Dr. Talebian after several failed attempts at IUI and IVF. When we first met the Doc we were at a point of feeling broken and hopeless. My husband, who is trans, had already had 2 failed IVF attempts and I had several failed IUI attempts. The plan was for him to produce eggs that I would carry. As soon as we sat down with the Doc we knew we were in the right spot. She never lied or filled our hearts with false hopes, but she did make it clear that she wasn't willing to give up until we were holding our baby. As many who have traveled this road know it is not easy, it's an emotional rollercoaster and very personal. It is the most vulnerable who will ever feel. You sit there and discuss yourself in full detail and can't help but feel like you're a failure because you can't do what "normal" people do. The Doc never made us feel like failures, not even when outcomes beyond anyone's control weren't what we hoped or planned for. When it turned out that my husband just could not produce eggs that were viable the Doc shared in our tears, but never let us feel like that was the end. We discussed new options and directions at length and she was always willing to listen to all of our ideas no matter how crazy they were. She made herself available at all hours so that we could do conference calls, she even stepped out of a dinner party one time to call us because that was most convenient for us. She never left us in the dark and we never felt alone. She made us feel comfortable with every step, test and procedure. She was so dedicated to us that even after being dragged on the ground by a taxi, the morning of my retrieval, she got her head stitched up and walked into the room ready to make a baby for us. She said nothing was going to stop her from making this happen. I don't know any Dr. who would do that for their patients, so we really felt more like friends. Everyone who has done IVF treatments knows the daily testing that needs to happen, we happily drove from NJ into NYC, in stupid amounts of traffic every day to be a part of the Dr Talebian team. With her help and determination we were blessed to get pregnant with our daughter born this January. We still keep up with the Doc and send her pics and updates all the time. We could have never done this without her. And to think 2 years ago when we walked in her office we thought it was never going to happen and now we have a beautiful baby girl and 2 fertilized eggs still left to try for number 2!
I would say to be open and honest about everything, even if you don't think it makes any difference. Lay it all out on the table, the Doc will never judge you.
The process of Infertility all on its own is extremely personal, intimate and difficult. Now add in that you have a Trans husband who is also trying to add as much as he can into the making of our child, only to find out the he is sterile after 3 IVF attempts. For him to step into what is ultimately the female side of infertility requires an extreme amount of trust with the Doctor and staff that will be caring for him. This just would not have been possible if it weren't for Dr Talebian or "Doc" as we like to call her. Both the Doc and the staff became like family. They knew us by the sound of our voice on the phone and they never once let my husband feel like any less of a man let alone a number.
The Doc communicated with our previous Fertility Dr. so that she did not duplicate what did not work already. She then discussed it with other Dr's at CCRM to come up with the best course of action for us. Between the 2 of us we went thru 4 IVF cycles and I went thru many IUI's. I could tell you every drug protocol we used, but the truth is that we tried them all until one worked.
The staff at CCRM NY became like our morning coffee clutch. We shared stories, hopes, worries, smiles and tears. They new us by the sound of our voice when we called in and we called A LOT, but they never cared. We would always apologize for calling with so many questions and they always assured us that we could call as many times as we needed to feel comfortable. We never felt like a number, which was very important to us. They were gentle with the hundreds of times they took blood and thank goodness because I am extremely squeamish. It was actually bitter sweet when we walked out of there on week 10, so happy to be pregnant, but sad to be saying good bye to a staff that we had spent so much time with.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The team at CCRM NY is amazing. Every single person working there is dedicated to their work and you can tell that it is important to them. Also one of our favorite departments is Amanda, who is the insurance coordinator. If you ever wanted someone to go to bat for you against the terrible insurance companies she is the one you want. We called her our secret weapon, she was fierce!
An IVF cycle ran about $21,000 and IUI cycle ran $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how long your cycle lasted.
Being that it took us so long to get to pregnancy we were always in the mindset that we wanted to just put 2 in and hopefully get a jump start. However, when it came down to it and we thoroughly discussed it with the Doc we all decided that it was safest and most effective to do one at a time.
CCRM New York

Dr Talebian was very thorough on our first consult (as is usually the case) but the communication from that pint on was very brief and we didn't have much face to face. There wasn't much of a feeling of personalized care or sincerity....The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
This was our first clinic (of 3) so we weren't entirely sure what to expect from the process. Dr Talebian was very helpful in our first meeting and explained our options as a same sex couple, and was very inclusive to both my wife and myself. We decided to proceed with IUI. She was away for the first IUI and had another doctor cover. We were not successful and then decided I would go on letrozole for the next cycle. We tried 2 more IUI with Letrozole without success. Not once did we ever receive any follow up email from the doctor to check our progress or if we were successful or not. The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
Figure out the best line of communication early on.
We did one natural cycle IUI then introduced Letrozole low dose for the 2nd IUI cycle which didn't produce any extra eggs. Then the doctor increased the dose for the last cycle and I got 2 mature eggs.
The nursing staff were kind and efficient
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic has a nice waiting area and might feel a step up from other clinics but the front desk staff are rude. There are too many people in different departments that it makes it very complicated to get answers to basic questions. There were several co-ordinators and different point people that we were never quite sure who we should contact for what. The billing department was sloppy and charged incorrectly several times which became frustrating and complicated to sort out.
cost ended up being about 1500 per IUI cycle

4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us...I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging. I think she really cares but maybe should be more realistic about options and about underlying issues that area already known. Really wish we could have seen all the implantation failure doctors before this latest cycle as they had great suggestions after 4 embryos didn't implant elsewhere. But we are out of money and CCRM is very pricey.
Take optimism with a grain of salt. Advocate for yourself a lot in terms of timing that you prefer for an FET and learn more about changes re the treatment of other existing conditions that are maybe being changed during course of a cycle.
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us and it was at the time a small clinic. Also, the monitoring was done by appointment so there were no hourslong waits.
I don't remember a lot about the retrieval except it was more medication than I had ever used in other retrievals and that it involved lots of estrogen patches that were very expensive; I did have lupron for weeks and ovulated through that (I think it was meant to suppress ovulation) -- and I was upset about that but we stayed almost on course. It was upsetting when numbers weren't going right and I wasn't comfortable ultimately with doing the transfer then if I'd ovulated but I really trusted her and was super optimistic at the time.
Some were much better than others about communicating but I had a panic attack the day of my transfer because they had written conflicting instructions and I thought I had taken progesterone shot on wrong day at last minute.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
It's gotten busier but what I loved was that it was calm, there was always a water machine available, and things seemed to run smoothly. The clinic was very concerned about marketing and making money and this didn't bother me at first but did later. People will go the extra mile to explain things but with financials and some prescriptions, there were miscommunications re why I had to pay out of pocket and I spent a lot of extra time making spreadsheets for medications before learning that they were being prescribed for off label use. So communicating that to me via a nurse and not a finance person may have been better/easier.
It came to almost $30,000 for the procedures and medications. Medications were particularly expensive. I ended up getting back less than 1/3 of that from my insurance. This was for egg retrieval cycle that included one FET.
I only had one that tested healthy so not an option for 2.
CCRM New York

Dr. Talebian is the first doctor that has given me their direct email and made me feel that no question was too small. She's prompt in returning messages — even in the evenings. I just started my first IVF cycle with her. She's extremely knowledgeable, kind, and accessible....Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests.
Go for it!
When I first called CCRM in New York, the very pleasant receptionist, Stephanie, made an appointment for me to talk by phone with Dr. Talebian. When we spoke, Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests. I explained that I lived on the west coast, was considering spending a few months in New York, and I was open to doing IVF during my stay, but wanted to think a bit more. She gave me her direct email address and told me to reach out with any questions. Our phone call was about 20 minutes long and I was left feeling like I had a straightforward plan for next steps with a kind, clear doctor. I was also impressed that she praised my local clinic and doctor where I had IUIs. When we decided to come to New York, I sent CCRM NY an email to tell them I wanted to establish myself with their clinic and was surprised when a couple of days later, Dr. Talebian called me directly to talk about next steps. Since we've met in person, I've sent her a couple of emails and she's gotten back to me within a couple of hours at most. I'm sure she gets the same questions all the time, but she's been incredibly patient with us and answers questions with clarity.
I'm just starting my first IVF cycle. Dr. Talebian has me on an estrogen patch for about a week before my first suppression ultrasound and blood work. Then, I'll start on 300 units of Gonal-F and 2 vials of Menopur along with an oral steroid. My husband will start a round of antibiotics when I begin my injections. Depending on how the stimulation goes, I'll start the Centrotide and eventually do an HCG trigger shot and Lupron. They told me that after the embryo transfer (hopefully we will get some!), I'll be doing progesterone shots. She also said that a daily baby aspirin would be something advisable after an embryo transfer. As far as the fertilization, she told us we could do a mix of ICSI and PICSI. This helps give potentially damaged sperm the best shot at making a good embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali)
The nurses as CCRM have been pleasant and prompt. They helped me track down medication, figured out billing, and let us use extra testing syringes to test what it feels like to give a shot. The only flub happened during our first appointment when they had both of our names wrong. The last thing you want at a fertility clinic is to get someone else's name on your paperwork or sample!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and spa-like. The waiting room has never been packed, but I have seen many couples waiting in the blood draw area. The receptionists are great. The website and patient portal could use some serious design and UX help.
It's looking like a cycle of IVF will be around $21K — not including medication and some other things we may need.
CCRM New York

She [Dr. Talebian] was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. ...She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Please see what i wrote under the question about feeling like a human. I have zero complaints. she is THE BEST. She thinks outside the box. She welcomes questions about chaining protocol instead of feeling threatened. She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
Not much needed. I say this for everyone undergoing IVF - be your own advocate. but that's not specific to sheeva
I saw Sheeva when i was doing my final embryo transfer at another clinic and had lost hope. She was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. My transfer worked before i went to her for retrieval (early 2017)- throughout my entire pregnancy she stayed in touch. Again, never acting annoyed by my questions in prep for a future transfer with her for child #3. I am currently seeing her preparing for a retrieval in April - she is communicative, remember details, responsive. She is SO different than my experience at another top NYC clinic. The personal/human interaction has given me hope that i lost while at 2 other clinics in NYC
For my april retrieval i will be doing: Estrogen priming likely 250 combined menopur and gonal f cetrotide - tbd when lupron somewhere along the way - need to find out more
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali D)
NOt much to describe. so much direct communication with the doctor directly that the nurses so far have been additive but not as highly needed as at cornell
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
strenghts - scheduled moniotring times - though go early as you still can wait. direct communcation. billing person. all responsive. weaknesses - none to date except having to wait sometimes and been taken in late for a set appt time.
i expect it to be around $25k plus meds
No - she is a strong believe in single transfers at my age and since they PGS test My only outstanding question which i need to answer is how they handle mosaic embryos
CCRM New York

Repeat loss panel was performed [by Dr. Talebian]. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter...I felt like Dr. Talebian was in my corner throughout my fertility process. She was present and there for me during my miscarriage and during subsequent pregnancy was beyond supportive. She understood my high levels of anxiety and went out of her way to provide reassurance and extra ultrasounds during the early stages of pregnancy. I don’t know how I would have managed without her! Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian was patient and caring with me from the start of treatment. Furthermore, she was never defensive and always willing to consider my thoughts and ideas. This is a rarity in doctors. I felt like she genuinely cared about me and my future baby. She provided incredible communication over email, the phone, and in person. Dr. Talebian went above and beyond during my miscarriage and subsequent successful pregnancy to help manage my emotional state and well as fertility plan.
Ask questions. Don’t hesitate to reach out and advocate for yourself.
I did not have low ovarian reserve so Dr. Talebian purposely did not overstimulate me during retrieval. I had 14 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized, and 9 went out for PGS testing. 6 came back normal. During first FET, which was a natural transfer based on my ovulation due to negative effects from birth control, we transferred a 5 day 5AA embryo. This resulted in a pregnancy. We saw a heartbeat at 6 and 7 weeks, but during the 8 week ultrasound there was no heartbeat. I also had a SCH during the pregnancy, but ultimately the cause of m/c was undetermined. Repeat loss panel was performed. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter.
Overall, the nursing staff was incredible and supportive. There was one point where information was not provided and I had to reach out to Dr. Talebian for clarification.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I do feel like communication is excellent, particularly with access to your actual doctor. This helped allievate so much anxiety throughout the process. I also felt like I was treated as a human and individual. Definitely follow-up with any questions and advocate for yourself.
Including everything, such as medication, retrieval, transfers - about $40,000
CCRM New York

Dr. Talebian is smart, kind, and efficient. I trusted her completely and got great results. She always explained things very thoroughly and answered my emails if I had questions between visits. I felt like my anxiety about this process was lower because of her care. I had initially gone to another clinic first, but felt a lot of anxiety during my testing. At CCRM NY and with Dr. Talebian I felt so comfortable and well cared for.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
She's awesome and really tries to do what is best for her patients.
Dr. Talebian was accessible via email and really made me feel like she cared about me and my case. She answered my questions promptly and treated me like a friend instead of just another number.
I primed with estrogen patch in my luteal phase then did the injections twice a day until trigger and retrieval. I triggered with HCG and lupron to protect me from OHSS, for which I was at risk because of high estrogen. I retrieved 17 eggs and 14 were mature and froze. My recovery was easy with no pain and just some bloating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Walsh)
Jamie my nurse was so wonderful. She was very accessible and made sure I understood every step of my cycle. She answered emails quickly when I had questions and was very encouraging.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM NY was overall an amazing experience. I did not feel like just a number and the clinic never felt overly crowded, although I think they were super busy at the time. The space is gorgeous and so clean and minimal. It didn't even feel like a doctor's office. I felt like I got top-notch care. I got in quickly for my monitoring appointments because they schedule their patients for monitoring and space them out so no one waits very long. All the nursing staff were warm and skilled.

1 Egg Frozen
Dr Talebian was very caring and took extra time to talk to me and answer calls. She was not always there and not always the doctor on call to help me. It was hard to tell in my case because the results of the very expensive procedure were not what I wanted or had hoped for, so it was overall disappointing. She handled that well I think, though I never felt I had as much time as I wanted with her...
1 Egg Frozen
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Push hard. They will whisk you through if you don't demand answers and work really hard to understand and push for the best treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
The folks at RMA were always kind, patient and considerate. They were also busy, efficient and tactical. I often felt rushed and like I couldn't ask all of my questions. The doctors always treated me like a human, but I always also felt that I wasn't getting complete information.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I started with the pill for 3 weeks, which was based on my low AMH numbers. Then I did a standard protocol for a long cycle (meds were very costly). I had 3 eggs we hoped to retrieve and we only got one.
The nurses were all great and patient...it was just that they were ALWAYS different. Very caring, but inconsistent. They just all seemed very busy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A bit like a factory. Very nice and smart, but often felt business-like and I often wondered if I was getting the BEST protocol and price for me, or if I was just one amongst dozens of women... overall it was professional and organized. They helped a lot with finances and structure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy and pretty efficient...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York.
$14k. They did give me a small discount to get started and they advised about med costs.
NY - Downtown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York.

Dr Talebian was completely professional, smart, compassionate, knowledgable, caring and very kind. My experience with her was EXCELLENT! I am currently about to start another IVF cycle for a second child and I tracked her down at her new clinic (CCRM) just to make sure she was my doctor again. I recommend her highly!!!...Dr Talebian was wonderful every step of the way! She always replied to every email and phone call with detailed answers to my questions. She was very approachable and made sure I understood everything. She was kind, generous, funny and always treated me with absolute respect.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask anything! She is totally nonjudgmental and always responded to all my questions (some of which were kind of crazy!) with patience, compassion and clarity.
Honestly, I don't remember all the details. But she described everything well and I opted for the conservative choices and I paid extra expenses to try to maximize my potential success, including genetic testing and ICSI. My only regret (not her fault at all) is that I feel I spent too much time on IUIs and should have gone to IVF sooner. She had recommended this but was totally understanding of my choice not to.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Locations were good. I did not like that monitoring only was early in the morning
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was a real pain at RMA! I had to go to Midtown Manhattan for certain procedures or on the weekends which was not as convenient and monitoring hours were only early in the morning and there were always tons of women waiting. At CCRM now, it's MUCH better. You can schedule monitoring any time!
IUIs were about $1000 each (plus the cost of sperm). The whole IVF cycle was about $15,000 plus $5k for genetic testing and $5k for meds.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
She highly recommended single embryo transfer because I did genetic testing on the embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Talebian] was diligent and careful with recommendations and screening. Fertility doctors and treatments are stressful and her bedside manner made it seem like less of a stress. She was encouraging and resourceful. ... She remembers details well and is easy to get in touch with. She explains results and procedures well and utilized the current literature in her approach and explanations. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
She was diligent and careful with recommendations and screening. Fertility doctors and treatments are stressful and her bedside manner made it seem like less of a stress. She was encouraging and resourceful.
This is a process with many steps. Be patient with the diagnostics and try to understand why they are important to your care.
1st IUI. Letrizole, ovidrel, frozen donor sperm 2nd IUI letrizole, ovidrel, progesterone, estradiol, frozen donor sperm 3rd IUI, letrixole, ovidrel, progesterone, estradiol, frozen donor sperm
They were great at relaying information in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Great, clean facility that is super helpful and organized. They do not take insurance which is the only reason we switched clinics. It was becoming to much of a financial burden. I think they also have a more aggressive treatment approach for lesbian couples than in retrospect I would have elected for (or medicated cycles before natural) however given my age (35) I understand this is reasonable approach. They also would have been amenable to changing protocols if I insisted. Also loved the sparkling water machine and the office ambience. I know that sounds silly but it was more like a spa then a clinic which helps during stressful procedures.
Approximately 3000 per Iui cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Talebian has been wonderful. She answers your emails promptly and is very vested in the success of your treatment....Dr. Talebian is an incredible doctor. I loved how she also suggested alternative medicine like acupuncture and changing my diet. Dr. Talebian is extremely thorough and kind. I feel like I am in the absolute best hands with her....The protocol was Antagonist. I was on Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-F. Towards the end my Gonal-F
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I would prepare any possible questions for the doctor in advance.
The protocol was Antagonist. I was on Lupron, Menopur and Gonal-F. Towards the end my Gonal-F was reduced several times because my body was responding so well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Julie Kane)
Julie and the entire nursing staff are amazing. They are so kind and welcoming and very efficient.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The office is clean, beautiful and run very efficiently. I really appreciated that they were open 7 days a week for monitoring. The nurses during the egg retrieval were especially outstanding but they were also wonderful during the many blood tests and monitoring appointments. I absolutely love working with CCRM.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM New York.
It was an extremely well oiled machine. The office was very busy but very efficient.
CCRM New York

Dr. Talebian is very attentive, kind, smart, patient and honest....Dr. Talebian showed a willingness to spend as much time with me and my partner as we needed in order to answer every question and address every anxiety. She is both honest and kind. Over the course of my interactions with her I have come to trust her. She has shown a respect for our individual path to fertility treatment and has shown deference to our values and our thought process, even though I’m certain she’s had these conversations a million times.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian showed a willingness to spend as much time with me and my partner as we needed in order to answer every question and address every anxiety. She is both honest and kind. Over the course of my interactions with her I have come to trust her. She has shown a respect for our individual path to fertility treatment and has shown deference to our values and our thought process, even though I’m certain she’s had these conversations a million times. She shows an openness to discussion and discourse that we truly appreciated. She made no guarantees and created no false hope but more a confidence that every that can be done will be done.
Come with all your questions written down and organized so that you can get the most out of your visit.
Dr. Talebian is very attentive, kind, smart, patient and honest.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful and well organized and calm. But it is the quality and experience of the doctors and the lab are what distinguish the clinic from the others. The strategies and methodologies are state of the art. The cost is very high as the clinic does not take insurance and the overall cost is higher in any case.
Infertility diagnosis: $3000 IVF round: $21000 Medications: $7000
CCRM New York

Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF... I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF. I believe that she is doing the right thing by helping me move on from treatments that are not working. I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
Definitely take advantage of your time with her. Prep any questions before hand.
The moment I felt that she treated me like a human was when on my 4th IUI. Right after she completed the insemination she held up both hands, crossed both sets of fingers, and said "I'm rooting for you". It made her feel more like a friend and a cheerleader, rather than just a doctor.
The woman that takes my blood is very sweet. The only issue that I had with the nursing staff is they forgot about me when i was dropping off a sperm sample. I waited for 45 mins, freaking out about all the time that was passing, but no one spoke to me until I made a big deal with the front desk.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?

1 IUI, IVF
I first saw Dr. Sheeva Talebian in 2008 when she was in Kirkland, WA. She was very professional, but also warm and welcoming... Never made me feel that I should give up, but gave me the information right up front.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I first saw Dr. Sheeva Talebian in 2008 when she was in Kirkland, WA. She was very professional, but also warm and welcoming. Since I was a military officer at the time, I also preferred someone who wasn't going to string me along and was more to the point. She met all of my expectations and my husband and I truly enjoyed working with her! After failed rounds of clomid, along with 1 IUI, we moved onto IVF. The first round also didn't work and Dr. Talebian informed me that my egg quality was low and that we would give it one more try with IVF but then she recommended we move onto donor eggs. Luckily the second round worked and our son was born in 2009.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Just be up front with Dr. Talebian, she will work with you and I believe she appreciates you being just as up front with her. She never made me feel like a statistic, always a woman trying to have a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always extremely helpful and friendly. Never made me feel that I should give up, but gave me the information right up front. I was extremely pleased with Dr. Talebian.
They were always friendly and knew that I liked to joke, so they worked with my humor.
Seattle Reproductive Medicine
Kirkland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
We had an excellent experience working with Sheeva [Talebian]. Expectations were set, we had a clear line of communication and we always felt comfortable. Sheeva has a fantastic bed side manner, she explained everything thoroughly and clearly and never gave us false hope...We were always treated like a human. Expectations were set and we had an open line of communication... Be upfront and let her know what you need.
European, South Asian, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
We had an excellent experience working with Sheeva. Expectations were set, we had a clear line of communication and we always felt comfortable. Sheeva has a fantastic bed side manner, she explained everything thoroughly and clearly and never gave us false hope.
Be open minded and come with a good attitude. Be upfront and let her know what you need.
We were always treated like a human. Expectations were set and we had an open line of communication. Never felt rushed in the clinic and were able to get in touch when needed.
All of the nurses were excellent. Information was thorough and delivered in a timely manner.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Talebian is great. She is warm and responsive when needed. She wants to aggressively help her patients get positive results by using all of her medical tools. She moves quickly to get results and I would recommend her to everyone/anyone.... Dr. Talebian is the best. She is extremely responsive to any and all questions and makes sure you get the information you need. She is also very sensitive and overall just a great person.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions as Dr. Talebian will be there.
IUIs with menopur shots and then ovidrel trigger
Great nursing staff that was always accessible and providing the information and caring needed. Remembered my name and treated me like a real person. Always very positive. Couldn't speak higher of their attitudes.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Great clinic - would absolutely recommend. Clean, easy, doesn't feel like going to a standard New York doctor's office in a great way. Generally seen on time or within about 15 minutes of appointment time.