Medical SchoolMount Sinai
ResidencyNYU
FellowshipNYU
810 7th Ave
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sheeva Talebian to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM New York to a friend?
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us...I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging.
4 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
I had gone through a bunch of FET's already that hadn't worked and had had a 2nd trimester loss so I really needed optimism. Dr. Talebian is full of optimism; but I really got my hopes up and they were dashed as we did not have success. Also now sense we're being directed to frozen donor eggs, not fresh, and there aren't many donors in the frozen egg database so it's discouraging. I think she really cares but maybe should be more realistic about options and about underlying issues that area already known. Really wish we could have seen all the implantation failure doctors before this latest cycle as they had great suggestions after 4 embryos didn't implant elsewhere. But we are out of money and CCRM is very pricey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Take optimism with a grain of salt. Advocate for yourself a lot in terms of timing that you prefer for an FET and learn more about changes re the treatment of other existing conditions that are maybe being changed during course of a cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Felt like a human because Dr. Talebian always took time to explain things to us and it was at the time a small clinic. Also, the monitoring was done by appointment so there were no hourslong waits.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
I don't remember a lot about the retrieval except it was more medication than I had ever used in other retrievals and that it involved lots of estrogen patches that were very expensive; I did have lupron for weeks and ovulated through that (I think it was meant to suppress ovulation) -- and I was upset about that but we stayed almost on course. It was upsetting when numbers weren't going right and I wasn't comfortable ultimately with doing the transfer then if I'd ovulated but I really trusted her and was super optimistic at the time.
Some were much better than others about communicating but I had a panic attack the day of my transfer because they had written conflicting instructions and I thought I had taken progesterone shot on wrong day at last minute.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
It's gotten busier but what I loved was that it was calm, there was always a water machine available, and things seemed to run smoothly. The clinic was very concerned about marketing and making money and this didn't bother me at first but did later. People will go the extra mile to explain things but with financials and some prescriptions, there were miscommunications re why I had to pay out of pocket and I spent a lot of extra time making spreadsheets for medications before learning that they were being prescribed for off label use. So communicating that to me via a nurse and not a finance person may have been better/easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.
It came to almost $30,000 for the procedures and medications. Medications were particularly expensive. I ended up getting back less than 1/3 of that from my insurance. This was for egg retrieval cycle that included one FET.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM New York.
I only had one that tested healthy so not an option for 2.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM New York?
CCRM New York
Dr. Talebian is the first doctor that has given me their direct email and made me feel that no question was too small. She's prompt in returning messages — even in the evenings. I just started my first IVF cycle with her. She's extremely knowledgeable, kind, and accessible....Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests.
Go for it!
When I first called CCRM in New York, the very pleasant receptionist, Stephanie, made an appointment for me to talk by phone with Dr. Talebian. When we spoke, Dr. Talebian was straight forward and suggested I move on to IVF after three failed IUIs due to my age and my lack of positive pregnancy tests. I explained that I lived on the west coast, was considering spending a few months in New York, and I was open to doing IVF during my stay, but wanted to think a bit more. She gave me her direct email address and told me to reach out with any questions. Our phone call was about 20 minutes long and I was left feeling like I had a straightforward plan for next steps with a kind, clear doctor. I was also impressed that she praised my local clinic and doctor where I had IUIs. When we decided to come to New York, I sent CCRM NY an email to tell them I wanted to establish myself with their clinic and was surprised when a couple of days later, Dr. Talebian called me directly to talk about next steps. Since we've met in person, I've sent her a couple of emails and she's gotten back to me within a couple of hours at most. I'm sure she gets the same questions all the time, but she's been incredibly patient with us and answers questions with clarity.
I'm just starting my first IVF cycle. Dr. Talebian has me on an estrogen patch for about a week before my first suppression ultrasound and blood work. Then, I'll start on 300 units of Gonal-F and 2 vials of Menopur along with an oral steroid. My husband will start a round of antibiotics when I begin my injections. Depending on how the stimulation goes, I'll start the Centrotide and eventually do an HCG trigger shot and Lupron. They told me that after the embryo transfer (hopefully we will get some!), I'll be doing progesterone shots. She also said that a daily baby aspirin would be something advisable after an embryo transfer. As far as the fertilization, she told us we could do a mix of ICSI and PICSI. This helps give potentially damaged sperm the best shot at making a good embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali)
The nurses as CCRM have been pleasant and prompt. They helped me track down medication, figured out billing, and let us use extra testing syringes to test what it feels like to give a shot. The only flub happened during our first appointment when they had both of our names wrong. The last thing you want at a fertility clinic is to get someone else's name on your paperwork or sample!
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and spa-like. The waiting room has never been packed, but I have seen many couples waiting in the blood draw area. The receptionists are great. The website and patient portal could use some serious design and UX help.
It's looking like a cycle of IVF will be around $21K — not including medication and some other things we may need.
CCRM New York
She [Dr. Talebian] was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. ...She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Please see what i wrote under the question about feeling like a human. I have zero complaints. she is THE BEST. She thinks outside the box. She welcomes questions about chaining protocol instead of feeling threatened. She works with me instead of acting like the doctor at the other NYC clinic i went to who dictated decisions and seemed to find my questions about them annoying. I never get the "i am the expert so defer to me" vibe from Sheeva. She acts like a partner, not a dictator.
Not much needed. I say this for everyone undergoing IVF - be your own advocate. but that's not specific to sheeva
I saw Sheeva when i was doing my final embryo transfer at another clinic and had lost hope. She was a welcome breath of fresh air and gave me hope. I decided to move over to her for my next retrieval. She emailed directly with me. Gave strategy advice by email. Fielded questions. I NEVER felt like an annoyance. My transfer worked before i went to her for retrieval (early 2017)- throughout my entire pregnancy she stayed in touch. Again, never acting annoyed by my questions in prep for a future transfer with her for child #3. I am currently seeing her preparing for a retrieval in April - she is communicative, remember details, responsive. She is SO different than my experience at another top NYC clinic. The personal/human interaction has given me hope that i lost while at 2 other clinics in NYC
For my april retrieval i will be doing: Estrogen priming likely 250 combined menopur and gonal f cetrotide - tbd when lupron somewhere along the way - need to find out more
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Ali D)
NOt much to describe. so much direct communication with the doctor directly that the nurses so far have been additive but not as highly needed as at cornell
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
strenghts - scheduled moniotring times - though go early as you still can wait. direct communcation. billing person. all responsive. weaknesses - none to date except having to wait sometimes and been taken in late for a set appt time.
i expect it to be around $25k plus meds
No - she is a strong believe in single transfers at my age and since they PGS test My only outstanding question which i need to answer is how they handle mosaic embryos
CCRM New York
Repeat loss panel was performed [by Dr. Talebian]. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter...I felt like Dr. Talebian was in my corner throughout my fertility process. She was present and there for me during my miscarriage and during subsequent pregnancy was beyond supportive. She understood my high levels of anxiety and went out of her way to provide reassurance and extra ultrasounds during the early stages of pregnancy. I don’t know how I would have managed without her! Doctor Nps
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian was patient and caring with me from the start of treatment. Furthermore, she was never defensive and always willing to consider my thoughts and ideas. This is a rarity in doctors. I felt like she genuinely cared about me and my future baby. She provided incredible communication over email, the phone, and in person. Dr. Talebian went above and beyond during my miscarriage and subsequent successful pregnancy to help manage my emotional state and well as fertility plan.
Ask questions. Don’t hesitate to reach out and advocate for yourself.
I did not have low ovarian reserve so Dr. Talebian purposely did not overstimulate me during retrieval. I had 14 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized, and 9 went out for PGS testing. 6 came back normal. During first FET, which was a natural transfer based on my ovulation due to negative effects from birth control, we transferred a 5 day 5AA embryo. This resulted in a pregnancy. We saw a heartbeat at 6 and 7 weeks, but during the 8 week ultrasound there was no heartbeat. I also had a SCH during the pregnancy, but ultimately the cause of m/c was undetermined. Repeat loss panel was performed. Only thing that came up was that I was homozygous for MTHFR. I changed my diet and used Lovenox with next natural FET. A 7-day 6BB was transferred. I stayed on Lovenox through 36 weeks. This pregnancy resulted in my daughter.
Overall, the nursing staff was incredible and supportive. There was one point where information was not provided and I had to reach out to Dr. Talebian for clarification.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
I do feel like communication is excellent, particularly with access to your actual doctor. This helped allievate so much anxiety throughout the process. I also felt like I was treated as a human and individual. Definitely follow-up with any questions and advocate for yourself.
Including everything, such as medication, retrieval, transfers - about $40,000
CCRM New York
Dr. Talebian is smart, kind, and efficient. I trusted her completely and got great results. She always explained things very thoroughly and answered my emails if I had questions between visits. I felt like my anxiety about this process was lower because of her care. I had initially gone to another clinic first, but felt a lot of anxiety during my testing. At CCRM NY and with Dr. Talebian I felt so comfortable and well cared for.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
She's awesome and really tries to do what is best for her patients.
Dr. Talebian was accessible via email and really made me feel like she cared about me and my case. She answered my questions promptly and treated me like a friend instead of just another number.
I primed with estrogen patch in my luteal phase then did the injections twice a day until trigger and retrieval. I triggered with HCG and lupron to protect me from OHSS, for which I was at risk because of high estrogen. I retrieved 17 eggs and 14 were mature and froze. My recovery was easy with no pain and just some bloating.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM New York. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Walsh)
Jamie my nurse was so wonderful. She was very accessible and made sure I understood every step of my cycle. She answered emails quickly when I had questions and was very encouraging.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
CCRM NY was overall an amazing experience. I did not feel like just a number and the clinic never felt overly crowded, although I think they were super busy at the time. The space is gorgeous and so clean and minimal. It didn't even feel like a doctor's office. I felt like I got top-notch care. I got in quickly for my monitoring appointments because they schedule their patients for monitoring and space them out so no one waits very long. All the nursing staff were warm and skilled.
1 Egg Frozen
Dr Talebian was very caring and took extra time to talk to me and answer calls. She was not always there and not always the doctor on call to help me. It was hard to tell in my case because the results of the very expensive procedure were not what I wanted or had hoped for, so it was overall disappointing. She handled that well I think, though I never felt I had as much time as I wanted with her...
1 Egg Frozen
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Push hard. They will whisk you through if you don't demand answers and work really hard to understand and push for the best treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
The folks at RMA were always kind, patient and considerate. They were also busy, efficient and tactical. I often felt rushed and like I couldn't ask all of my questions. The doctors always treated me like a human, but I always also felt that I wasn't getting complete information.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I started with the pill for 3 weeks, which was based on my low AMH numbers. Then I did a standard protocol for a long cycle (meds were very costly). I had 3 eggs we hoped to retrieve and we only got one.
The nurses were all great and patient...it was just that they were ALWAYS different. Very caring, but inconsistent. They just all seemed very busy.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
A bit like a factory. Very nice and smart, but often felt business-like and I often wondered if I was getting the BEST protocol and price for me, or if I was just one amongst dozens of women... overall it was professional and organized. They helped a lot with finances and structure.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy and pretty efficient...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York.
$14k. They did give me a small discount to get started and they advised about med costs.
NY - Downtown
Dr Talebian was completely professional, smart, compassionate, knowledgable, caring and very kind. My experience with her was EXCELLENT! I am currently about to start another IVF cycle for a second child and I tracked her down at her new clinic (CCRM) just to make sure she was my doctor again. I recommend her highly!!!...Dr Talebian was wonderful every step of the way! She always replied to every email and phone call with detailed answers to my questions. She was very approachable and made sure I understood everything. She was kind, generous, funny and always treated me with absolute respect.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask anything! She is totally nonjudgmental and always responded to all my questions (some of which were kind of crazy!) with patience, compassion and clarity.
Honestly, I don't remember all the details. But she described everything well and I opted for the conservative choices and I paid extra expenses to try to maximize my potential success, including genetic testing and ICSI. My only regret (not her fault at all) is that I feel I spent too much time on IUIs and should have gone to IVF sooner. She had recommended this but was totally understanding of my choice not to.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Locations were good. I did not like that monitoring only was early in the morning
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
This was a real pain at RMA! I had to go to Midtown Manhattan for certain procedures or on the weekends which was not as convenient and monitoring hours were only early in the morning and there were always tons of women waiting. At CCRM now, it's MUCH better. You can schedule monitoring any time!
IUIs were about $1000 each (plus the cost of sperm). The whole IVF cycle was about $15,000 plus $5k for genetic testing and $5k for meds.
Describe Sheeva Talebian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
She highly recommended single embryo transfer because I did genetic testing on the embryos.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Talebian is very attentive, kind, smart, patient and honest....Dr. Talebian showed a willingness to spend as much time with me and my partner as we needed in order to answer every question and address every anxiety. She is both honest and kind. Over the course of my interactions with her I have come to trust her. She has shown a respect for our individual path to fertility treatment and has shown deference to our values and our thought process, even though I’m certain she’s had these conversations a million times.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Dr. Talebian showed a willingness to spend as much time with me and my partner as we needed in order to answer every question and address every anxiety. She is both honest and kind. Over the course of my interactions with her I have come to trust her. She has shown a respect for our individual path to fertility treatment and has shown deference to our values and our thought process, even though I’m certain she’s had these conversations a million times. She shows an openness to discussion and discourse that we truly appreciated. She made no guarantees and created no false hope but more a confidence that every that can be done will be done.
Come with all your questions written down and organized so that you can get the most out of your visit.
Dr. Talebian is very attentive, kind, smart, patient and honest.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic is beautiful and well organized and calm. But it is the quality and experience of the doctors and the lab are what distinguish the clinic from the others. The strategies and methodologies are state of the art. The cost is very high as the clinic does not take insurance and the overall cost is higher in any case.
Infertility diagnosis: $3000 IVF round: $21000 Medications: $7000
CCRM New York
Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF... I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Dr. Talebian is very reassuring, despite my many setbacks, that eventually I will get pregnant. I was probably okay with going on to my 7th IUI, when she encouraged me to move onto IVF. I believe that she is doing the right thing by helping me move on from treatments that are not working. I appreciate a doctor that is willing to give me a nudge.
Definitely take advantage of your time with her. Prep any questions before hand.
The moment I felt that she treated me like a human was when on my 4th IUI. Right after she completed the insemination she held up both hands, crossed both sets of fingers, and said "I'm rooting for you". It made her feel more like a friend and a cheerleader, rather than just a doctor.
The woman that takes my blood is very sweet. The only issue that I had with the nursing staff is they forgot about me when i was dropping off a sperm sample. I waited for 45 mins, freaking out about all the time that was passing, but no one spoke to me until I made a big deal with the front desk.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
1 IUI, IVF
I first saw Dr. Sheeva Talebian in 2008 when she was in Kirkland, WA. She was very professional, but also warm and welcoming... Never made me feel that I should give up, but gave me the information right up front.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I first saw Dr. Sheeva Talebian in 2008 when she was in Kirkland, WA. She was very professional, but also warm and welcoming. Since I was a military officer at the time, I also preferred someone who wasn't going to string me along and was more to the point. She met all of my expectations and my husband and I truly enjoyed working with her! After failed rounds of clomid, along with 1 IUI, we moved onto IVF. The first round also didn't work and Dr. Talebian informed me that my egg quality was low and that we would give it one more try with IVF but then she recommended we move onto donor eggs. Luckily the second round worked and our son was born in 2009.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Just be up front with Dr. Talebian, she will work with you and I believe she appreciates you being just as up front with her. She never made me feel like a statistic, always a woman trying to have a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always extremely helpful and friendly. Never made me feel that I should give up, but gave me the information right up front. I was extremely pleased with Dr. Talebian.
They were always friendly and knew that I liked to joke, so they worked with my humor.
Seattle Reproductive Medicine
Kirkland
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
We had an excellent experience working with Sheeva [Talebian]. Expectations were set, we had a clear line of communication and we always felt comfortable. Sheeva has a fantastic bed side manner, she explained everything thoroughly and clearly and never gave us false hope...We were always treated like a human. Expectations were set and we had an open line of communication... Be upfront and let her know what you need.
European, South Asian, Other
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
We had an excellent experience working with Sheeva. Expectations were set, we had a clear line of communication and we always felt comfortable. Sheeva has a fantastic bed side manner, she explained everything thoroughly and clearly and never gave us false hope.
Be open minded and come with a good attitude. Be upfront and let her know what you need.
We were always treated like a human. Expectations were set and we had an open line of communication. Never felt rushed in the clinic and were able to get in touch when needed.
All of the nurses were excellent. Information was thorough and delivered in a timely manner.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Talebian is great. She is warm and responsive when needed. She wants to aggressively help her patients get positive results by using all of her medical tools. She moves quickly to get results and I would recommend her to everyone/anyone.... Dr. Talebian is the best. She is extremely responsive to any and all questions and makes sure you get the information you need. She is also very sensitive and overall just a great person.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions as Dr. Talebian will be there.
IUIs with menopur shots and then ovidrel trigger
Great nursing staff that was always accessible and providing the information and caring needed. Remembered my name and treated me like a real person. Always very positive. Couldn't speak higher of their attitudes.
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
Great clinic - would absolutely recommend. Clean, easy, doesn't feel like going to a standard New York doctor's office in a great way. Generally seen on time or within about 15 minutes of appointment time.
What specific things went wrong at CCRM New York?