Mount Sinai

212.290.8100
Chelsea
122 West 26th St
212.290.8100

Dr Talebian was very thorough on our first consult (as is usually the case) but the communication from that pint on was very brief and we didn't have much face to face. There wasn't much of a feeling of personalized care or sincerity....The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
The clinic [CCRM NY] has a nice waiting area and might feel a step up from other clinics but the front desk staff are rude. There are too many people in different departments that it makes it very complicated to get answers to basic questions. There were several co-ordinators and different point people that we were never quite sure who we should contact for what. The billing department was sloppy and charged incorrectly several times which became frustrating and complicated to sort out.
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
This was our first clinic (of 3) so we weren't entirely sure what to expect from the process. Dr Talebian was very helpful in our first meeting and explained our options as a same sex couple, and was very inclusive to both my wife and myself. We decided to proceed with IUI. She was away for the first IUI and had another doctor cover. We were not successful and then decided I would go on letrozole for the next cycle. We tried 2 more IUI with Letrozole without success. Not once did we ever receive any follow up email from the doctor to check our progress or if we were successful or not. The communication was pretty terrible in general, and at one point when trying to clarify things Dr Talebian became quite rude and unprofessional over email. We didn't feel a great deal of sincerity from her and the communication made us feel uneasy about receiving full information and trust regarding care, at which point we decided to look at other clinics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Figure out the best line of communication early on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York?
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at CCRM New York and their degree of success.
We did one natural cycle IUI then introduced Letrozole low dose for the 2nd IUI cycle which didn't produce any extra eggs. Then the doctor increased the dose for the last cycle and I got 2 mature eggs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM New York.
The nursing staff were kind and efficient
Describe your experience with CCRM New York.
The clinic has a nice waiting area and might feel a step up from other clinics but the front desk staff are rude. There are too many people in different departments that it makes it very complicated to get answers to basic questions. There were several co-ordinators and different point people that we were never quite sure who we should contact for what. The billing department was sloppy and charged incorrectly several times which became frustrating and complicated to sort out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at CCRM New York.
cost ended up being about 1500 per IUI cycle
What specific things went wrong at CCRM New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM New York.
We just had a hard time getting information we needed regarding medication, prescriptions, and medical questions. We felt the organization of the clinic was a bit sloppy.
Treated 2016
Success w/ Doc 1 Egg Frozen
Dr Talebian was very caring and took extra time to talk to me and answer calls. She was not always there and not always the doctor on call to help me. It was hard to tell in my case because the results of the very expensive procedure were not what I wanted or had hoped for, so it was overall disappointing. She handled that well I think, though I never felt I had as much time as I wanted with her...
[RMA - Downtown is]...A bit like a factory. Very nice and smart, but often felt business-like and I often wondered if I was getting the BEST protocol and price for me, or if I was just one amongst dozens of women... overall it was professional and organized. They helped a lot with finances and structure...The nurses were all great and patient...it was just that they were ALWAYS different. Very caring, but inconsistent. They just all seemed very busy...
How was your experience with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
Push hard. They will whisk you through if you don't demand answers and work really hard to understand and push for the best treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York?
The folks at RMA were always kind, patient and considerate. They were also busy, efficient and tactical. I often felt rushed and like I couldn't ask all of my questions. The doctors always treated me like a human, but I always also felt that I wasn't getting complete information.
Describe the protocols Sheeva Talebian used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I started with the pill for 3 weeks, which was based on my low AMH numbers. Then I did a standard protocol for a long cycle (meds were very costly). I had 3 eggs we hoped to retrieve and we only got one.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy and pretty efficient...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sheeva Talebian at RMA of New York.
$14k. They did give me a small discount to get started and they advised about med costs.
RMA of New York