Available by cell phone
West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069
513.924.5550
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sherif Awadalla to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Health to a friend?
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The battle to conceive was long and hard but Dr A [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] kept fighting. He never gave up hope which gave us continued hope for success. He performed two D&C’svand a tubal pregnancy removal and always showed compassion. He was very candid that he thought my egg quality was the issue but gave me time and space to work through those thoughts. Ultimately he was 100% correctvand got us to the donor coordinator for further information. We gave two beautiful little girls now and are family is complete. Rainbows do come after storms.
Nursing staff [at IRH-Cincinnati] is fantastic, doctors are knowledgeable and ahead on all current and future technology. The laboratory is best in class. I never had trouble getting in for any appointments and never had to wait for an extended period. They also have great access to resolve resource groups as well as girls night in support groups.
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The battle to conceive was long and hard but Dr A kept fighting. He never gave up hope which gave us continued hope for success. He performed two D&C’svand a tubal pregnancy removal and always showed compassion. He was very candid that he thought my egg quality was the issue but gave me time and space to work through those thoughts. Ultimately he was 100% correctvand got us to the donor coordinator for further information. We gave two beautiful little girls now and are family is complete. Rainbows do come after storms.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
He is an amazing doctor. Sometimes he can be a bit blunt but that’s just because he is trying to get you the results you are trying to achieve. Trust him he’s brilliant.
Describe the protocols Sherif Awadalla used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
PGD was prescribed with IVF after multiple IUI miscarriages with chromosome abnormalities. With PGD we discovered that 80-90% of our embryo is had issues. When healthy embryos were unsuccessful. He recommended egg donor cycle. Once we went that route we only had one cycle and now gave one fresh baby and one frozen
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Nursing staff is fantastic, doctors are knowledgeable and ahead on all current and future technology. The laboratory is best in class. I never had trouble getting in for any appointments and never had to wait for an extended period. They also have great access to resolve resource groups as well as girls night in support groups.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.
IVF with ICSI and PGD was around 12-15k and donor cycle was 20-25k. Donor cycle charges in Clyde freezing of embroyos and frozen transfer. Cycle resulted in two Singleton pregnancies.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I had one instance where a phone call was late arriving with a result but a quick call to them resolved the issue.
Cincinnati

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.

Dr. Awadalla seems like a true expert and was very professional. I couldn't always see him because he doesn't work everyday and my cycles didn't work out that way, but he was there for the two biggest days (egg retrieval and embryo transfer)...make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise...we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Some of the nurses [at IRH] were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch...Good: Free parking, early appointments, multiple locations around the city, affiliated lab right next door. Financial people are AWESOME and really know their stuff. Bad: Always felt a little rushed - they crank through a lot of people in one day.
Do your research ahead of time and make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I always felt a little rushed in the office. He doesn't do much explanation and leaves that to the nurses. He always seems very confident and is realistic about what his recommendations are, but I never felt like I had enough time with him.
After doing a round of clomid+intercourse with my OB-GYN, Dr. Awadalla did a round of IUI (femara+IUI). Because I have PCOS, we moved to IVF for the next step. We did birth control for 3 weeks so that I could go on a vacation, then 10 days of injections at a very low dose (150). We triggered with lupron and a normal trigger at a lower dose. They retrieved 33 eggs, 31 of which were mature, and 29 fertilized (no ISCI). We ended up with 23 embryos (19 day 5 blasts, 4 day 6 blasts). We did not do PGS. Just yesterday, we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Some of the nurses were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I was fortunate enough to have most of my costs covered by Fertility insurance. I did pay about $500 for medications/injections and about $250/appointment.
Describe Sherif Awadalla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
The doctor strongly recommended eSET based on the quality of our embryos and my age. We agreed with this recommendation based on the risks to mother and child(ren) associated with multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
One of my appointments was scheduled at the wrong location for this clinic. They were able to get me in to the clinic that I went to but I had to wait a little bit, but I think they handled it really well.

2012 - 2018
The first time he [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] had me on birth control before starting injection medication. I didn’t have as many eggs as he would like to have so he adjusted and took away the birth control. Then the third time he decided to add Femara. We did ICSI each time because we had male factor infertility and each time we put back 2 embryos.... He always answered any questions I had. Dr. Awadalla made sure to be gentle, and he personally would call me after treatments to find out how I was and or our next steps.
I rarely waited for any long length of time [at Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati]. Even when I was taken to a room the doctor was always in pretty quickly. In order to call in to a nurse you had to leave a message but the call was always returned in a timely manner.... One nurse in particular was amazing. She comforted me when I needed it and gave me the information when I needed it. She was always understanding and even when I had what I thought was a silly request she was fine with what I needed.
2012 - 2018
I immediately felt like Dr. Awadalla was incredibly knowledgeable. I was put at ease because in my opinion he was trustworthy. My husband and I could always ask him any question. This was also how the other doctors in the office were.
I would say to trust Dr. Awadalla’s knowledge and process and know that he will do what is best for you.
The first time he had me on birth control before starting injection medication. I didn’t have as many eggs as he would like to have so he adjusted and took away the birth control. Then the third time he decided to add Femara. We did ICSI each time because we had male factor infertility and each time we put back 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I rarely waited for any long length of time. Even when I was taken to a room the doctor was always in pretty quickly. In order to call in to a nurse you had to leave a message but the call was always returned in a timely manner.
We did a money back guarantee. After we found out we qualified we did the guarantee that said if after 3 IVF fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles we still didn’t have a baby we would get a percentage of our money back.
Dr. Awadalla made it clear it was our choice about how many embryos we transferred.

6 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Although it might not seem that always is the case he [Dr. Awadalla] really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. ... Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI ... sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle
It would be nice if you worked with one nurse [Institute for Repro Health] or even two throughout your procedures ... Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
6 IUI, IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Although it might not seem that always is the case he really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. I feel that the more questions you ask the better you’ll feel about everything and it helps keep your nerves calm during a very anxious roller coaster time in your life!
Ask lots of questions all avenues that you could possibly explore
I feel like it takes a minute for him to get to know you but he really does care and want you to succeed and having a child
Gosh it’s hard to remember we’ve been at this for so long but we started off with pills then shots in each are you why it got more aggressive with stronger doses more shots and we are now in the process of our first IVF treatment staying positive keeping fingers crossed
Never had the same nurse so really can’t describe them but as a whole seeing someone different each time is a little discouraging. Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The communication there is so so sometimes I feel like we have been not on her priority list which plays with your emotions. Once again you need to be the person that asks lots of questions in order to get to the person you need to speak to to get things done it’s like every other person you feel is on your side and the other person is just doing their job. It would be nice if you worked with one nurse or even two throughout your procedures
Expensive! Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI is equaling three to $4000 each adds up very quickly sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Awadalla has taken extremely good care of me during my treatment at IRH. He has always maintained a positive outlook for our eventual outcomes and is proactive in adjusting treatments based on the results of our previous cycles. His strengths lie in his knowledge and expertise in the fertility practice as well as his bedside manner....Dr. Awadalla is very pro-single embryo transfer and anti-multi embryo transfer except in special circumstances.
Due to the size of the clinic [Inst for Repro Health] and volume of patients, there are always going to be aspects where you are a number, such as scheduling, but they've done an excellent job setting up a system and as long as you understand the system, they will meet your expectations....Call System: Don't expect to get a live person on the phone when you call. Leave a detailed message with what you need and if you have time restrictions on when you can take their return call let them know. They call you back within 24 hours 99% of the time.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Awadalla has taken extremely good care of me during my treatment at IRH. He has always maintained a positive outlook for our eventual outcomes and is proactive in adjusting treatments based on the results of our previous cycles. His strengths lie in his knowledge and expertise in the fertility practice as well as his bedside manner. At times I did feel like he was trying to protect my feelings a little too much, which I appreciate, but being a person who requires lots of details and direct communication, it did sometimes leave me uncertain or with questions. However, once I was able to gather all of my questions, I was always able to get the answers and clarity I needed. I would most certainly recommend Dr. Awadalla to any patient as I feel like we are getting the best care possible with him and IRH.
Make sure to educate yourself and do not be afraid to ask questions, even if you call back after your appointment. They process a lot of patients at IRH but they are really great about taking the necessary time with you if you ask for it.
Due to the size of the clinic and volume of patients, there are always going to be aspects where you are a number, such as scheduling, but they've done an excellent job setting up a system and as long as you understand the system, they will meet your expectations. Dr. Awadalla does an excellent job making you feel like a human. He takes his time to talk to you and answers any questions you have in a compassionate and educated manner.
Cycle 1 - Femara, Ovidrel, Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 2 - Femara, Ovidrel,Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 3 - Femara, Ovidrel,Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 4 - Femara, Ovidrel, IUI - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 5 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Miscarriage, D&C, Genetic Testing showed Trisomy 22 Cycle 6 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Negative Prenancy Test Cycle 7 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Miscarriage, Cytotec Cycle 8 - Birth Control, Gonal F (Doses of 175iu), Cetrotide 25iu - Terminated Cycle due to poor follicle response Cycle 9 - CoQ10 & DHEA Supplements, Gonal F (Doses of 225 iu), Menopur 75iu, Cetrotide 25iu, Ovidrel - 6 Follicles, 3 Eggs Retrieved, 3 Eggs Mature, 3 Eggs Fertilized, 2 Embryos made it to Day 5 Blast and tested with PGS, 2 Abnormal Embryos (Trisomy 6, Trisomy 9) Cycle 10 - CoQ10, DHEA & Vitamin D Supplements, Gonal F (Doses of 250 iu), Menopur 75iu, Cetrotide 25iu, Ovidrel - TBD. Will do PGS Testing again if we have embryos to test.
The vast majority of the nurses are extremely well educated, compassionate, and very good with the patients. They've always taken time to answer my questions and they show tons of empathy in the difficult times. The head IVF Nurse Penny is absolutely incredible. I don't have enough words for how much she has helped in every aspect of our IVF process form ensuring we weren't billed too much to making sure the schedule works and answering every single question I had (or getting the answer from someone else if she didn't know). Believe me, I had a ton. There are a couple nurses (I don't know names) who I haven't meshed with all that well. I didn't necessarily take it as a reflection of their abilities, but rather that my communication style didn't mix well with theirs creating some confusion and anxiety on my end. However, overall that hasn't taken away from my experience in any way as there are tons of nurses there and they've always been awesome about referring me to another nurse if I had more questions or was worried about something. Don't be afraid to ask to talk to someone else!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Efficiency - They're a big clinic but they've got the process down to a science. Follow the process and you'll get what you need Compassion - The staff are extraordinarily compassionate. They care about your outcomes as much as you do. Knowledge/Expertise - IRH knows their stuff and does what they believe is in your best interest medically. Rotating Doctors: Don't go here and expect to have the same doctor every appointment. It's not possible. However, I will say that I have not had a bad experience with any doctor in the clinic. I feel 100% confident in the care and treatment I have gotten from each doctor there. Dr. Awadalla is my assigned doctor and he is wonderful. I have a particular soft spot for Dr. Burwinkle though as he's had to deal with some tough things with me through my treatment and he's a little more direct than Dr. A, which is good for my style. The other doctors are great too. Call System: Don't expect to get a live person on the phone when you call. Leave a detailed message with what you need and if you have time restrictions on when you can take their return call let them know. They call you back within 24 hours 99% of the time. Just follow the system.
Femara - Covered by insurance Ultrasound Scans about $300 per scan, covered by insurance IUI $250 plus cost of sperm washing (covered by husband's insurance) IUI Medications - Ordered through SMP Pharmacy $500 to $1.5K for Gonal F & Ovidrel IVF with PGS - $15,900.00 is their discounted rate and does not include medications or the PGS Testing Lab Fees (Ovation) PGS Testing Lab Fees - about $1,200 for a single cycle with 2 embryos tested, about $2200 for multi-cycle plan for up to 8 embryos tested IVF Medications - $2-5K for Gonal F, Cetrotide & Menopur per cycle
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Here's my recommendation for anyone going to IRH - Remember that you have ultimate control and decision-making authority when going through your treatment. IRH does a ton of work, but you have to do your part as well. Here are a few examples: (1) Medications - Follow up to make sure it gets sent to the pharmacy. If it doesn't, call back and make sure it gets sent. My most recent cycle, if I hadn't called to make sure it was sent, I would not have gotten my medication on time. (2) Treatments - The doctors tell you the treatment they recommend or suggest, but sometimes you have to go with what's best for you. For example, they like IVF better than Injections & IUI because the can control the outcomes better, but if IVF isn't in your budget, don't feel pressured to move to that treatment. After our Femara treatments, Dr. A recommended IVF, but we weren't yet ready to move to that treatment. So, we did a few cycles with Gonal F and IUI before moving to IVF. We eventually did move to IVF with PGS testing because we wanted to reduce the risk of miscarriage after I had 2. Another example would be during my IVF cycle, I didn't respond well to the injections and had a less than ideal follicle count. Dr. A advised us that many couples choose to pass on the PGS testing and do a fresh embryo transfer because of the inherent risk of walking away with nothing with the PGS testing, which is significantly more expensive. I was freaked out and worried for days, but went with my instincts to do the PGS testing anyway because my main goal was not to get pregnant, but to reduce the risk of miscarriage and get pregnant with a viable embryo. I'm glad I followed my instincts because both embryos ended up being abnormal. I know he was just making sure I understood all of my options, but it's important to evaluate what they're telling you against your own treatment objectives and desired outcomes. (3) Pay Attention - After my cancelled IVF Cycle due to poor response, we were getting ready to begin my 2nd cycle and the nurse pulled out my medication schedule from my first cycle. If I wouldn't have been paying attention, I would not have been taking the correct dose. Another example is from my 2nd IVF Cycle with PGS testing we were doing my pre-retrieval information review and the nurse advised us to have intercourse (big no-no with PGS testing). She was under the assumption that due to my less than ideal response we might do a fresh transfer (something I was adamant about not doing) so she started giving us instructions for that instead of PGS. I caught it but was really freaked out after that and asked to have another nurse review the information with me again. Bottom line, if something doesn't seem right or sound right, speak up and ask for clarification. They do the best they can to get you the best treatment they can, but it's also your responsibility to take charge of your care.

2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [Institute for Repro Health] is organized, clean and runs well. The low-tech billing seems to happen very rapidly. The IVF billing seems to be delayed, which means a longer delay before I can check the claims status online with my insurance company.... Most of the nurses that I have dealt with have been wonderful. They are familiar with the treatment regimens and able to answer questions. When I did call to report a Day 1 and ask if we should continue with the same approach, the nurse I spoke to told me it was up to me.
2013 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Awadalla determined why I could not conceive (missed by my GYN) and recommended surgery, which he performed. I conceived naturally in 3 cycles after that. For TTC#2, I was older and he shared his concerns with the likelihood of success. Early IUIs were successful, but did not result in live births. After 10 total IUIs, my course of treatment was only adjusted because I asked if it made sense to continue or to look at other options. We have moved on to IVF, but it is still early in the first cycle. I find Dr A to be very accurate in his assessments and knowledgeable. I trust that I am in good hands, for as much as medical science can help me at my age.
Ask a lot of questions. Dr Awadalla is happy to explain the details to patients who are interested. Also ask at what point you should have a consult to evaluate the plans, so you know what to expect.
Dr Awadalla was honest with me and my situation at every step. He was compassionate when he delivered the news that I had miscarried.
TTC #1 (age 38): Dx: uterine fibroids, blocked Fallopian tube. Tx: Myomectomy, salpingectomy (tube could not be saved and was removed). Resulted in live birth, conceived naturally in 3 cycles. TTC #2 (age 41): DX: unexplained infertility (age). Tx: IUI with 5mg Femara CD 3-7. IUIs 1 and 4 resulted in pregnancy, but not live birth. Likely due to poor egg quality. Repeated for IUI 5-8 because successful getting pregnant, but waiting for a better quality egg. For IUI 9 and 10, added Follistim (IUI 9: CD 7-10, 50IU; IUI 10: CD 7-11, 100IU). BFN. Given option to select surgery to recheck remaining Fallopian tube or IVF. Started IVF. Currently on CD 9: 5mg Femara CD 3-7, Gonal-F 300IU CD5-10, Cetritide CD10, rest of days/dosage TBD.
Most of the nurses that I have dealt with have been wonderful. They are familiar with the treatment regimens and able to answer questions. When I did call to report a Day 1 and ask if we should continue with the same approach, the nurse I spoke to told me it was up to me. When I counted that I would like a recommendation from the experts, she continued to tell me that it was up to me. I had to push to have Dr Awadalla contacted to give input. When he called me, he actually had a different recommendation, so I felt validated in pushing. That has been the only interaction that I was not satisfied with, however.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is organized, clean and runs well. The low-tech billing seems to happen very rapidly. The IVF billing seems to be delayed, which means a longer delay before I can check the claims status online with my insurance company.
With insurance (assuming deductible was paid and yearly maximum for benefits not met), an IUI cycle was roughly $75 out of pocket, not including medications.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I believe there was one time that the clinic had not called in a prescription refill before I had contacted the pharmacy to order. However, I am not 100% sure that I recall this correctly!
Cincinnati

I believe Dr Awadalla is a very intelligent and caring Dr, who’s very experienced. That being said, I think he thought my case was an open and shut case- he didn’t find the need to have my husband tested. We went through 2 rounds of timed intercourse, until I asked about getting my husband tested— which resulted in low count, so we were only eligible for IUI, I felt like we wasted time and expenses. Most appointment are short and he rushes in and out, I always have to ask the nurses what’s going on after. Our next round is IVF, and he has yet to explain the procedure and process.
Phone system [at IRH] is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!... In office the nurses were very helpful, they explained everything with great care and always with a smile. To get ahold of them out of office is very difficult, always playing phone tag. A couple times, I was so stressed because I wasn’t able to get ahold of them, and needed a refill of meds I needed to start that day.
Ask lots of questions. Research procedures, medications, ahead of time so you can get the information he might not tell you.
Most times he was rushed, went through injection times very quickly. The first cycle with IUI, his nurse asked is the NP in could complete the procedure because he was busy.
Diagnosed with PCOS: Peometrium to jump start my cycle. Day 3-7 femora to stimulate maturation Day 10 ultrasound (On all five of my cycles, I had to redose femora due to follicles not responding). Ovidrel shot to induce ovulation Timed intercourse/IUI once follicles we’re 12-20mm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Phone system is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!
Currently, we’re are around $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Prescriptions were really hard to relay to my pharmacy. I had to be redosed every cycle- sometimes they forgot to call in, or my new cycle started on a weekend and I could get a hold of them.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
[Dr. Awadalla] needs to slow down and explain in more detail such as the egg quality and everything seen on the ultrasound and this is also were he needs to slow down! Very knowledge of this area of medicine and was so great with my Miscarriage and performing my d &c . I wish he performed more of my procedures since he is my main doctor but I do understand that we have to see all doctors and the busy schedule. Dr A is very well known for his expertise and I very much trust him and his opinion
The staff [Inst for Repro Health] are so great and know you by name . Always there to answer questions however I would say it would be nice to get to talk to someone when you call inst ad of leaving a message but they do return your call the same day and always there to answer questions! I absolutely love the staff at Irh would remmond to anyone and have sent two friends to them... I can’t say enough great things about the nursing staff they truly do care and take pride in what they do and actually get to know you and your story !
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He needs to slow down and explain in more detail such as the egg quality and everything seen on the ultrasound and this is also were he needs to slow down! Very knowledge of this area of medicine and was so great with my Miscarriage and performing my d &c . I wish he performed more of my procedures since he is my main doctor but I do understand that we have to see all doctors and the busy schedule. Dr A is very well known for his expertise and I very much trust him and his opinion
Trust the process and be patient and make sure you ask questions and make sure to to tell him to slow down and explain everything! Write everything down and leave knowing what the best steps are
I feel that the nurses and staff were so compassionate and amazing. Dr A was very positive throughout the miscarriages and also kept us feeling like we could /can make this a positive pregnancy! He does need to slow down at times and explain more detail information
I have done 2 ivf cycles and I will admit the shots were hard but they make me stronger as a person ! My first cycle I got pregnant the first time and then lost my baby at around 8 weeks ( was at my graduation appointment and the baby had no heartbeat) then had to have a d&c which dr a did. Then two frozen cycles one negative and one positive pregnancy which resulted in another miscarriage at 5 weeks . Currently one second ivf cycle drag transfer was a negative and currently doing a frozen cycle keeping fingers crossed for positive and a healthy baby and pregnancy. We also did isci for all and this time will be doing assisting hatching husband has low sperm count. They did up my meds second cycle and my body responded very well and had a great egg retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Ivf nurse staff)
Amazing I can’t say enough great things about the nursing staff they truly do care and take pride in what they do and actually get to know you and your story ! Always have me hope and made me feel so great and got me through some really hard times that I will never forget
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The staff are so great and know you by name . Always there to answer questions however I would say it would be nice to get to talk to someone when you call inst ad of leaving a message but they do return your call the same day and always there to answer questions! I absolutely love the staff at Irh would remmond to anyone and have sent two friends to them
Very nice expensive but do get self payment discount due to insurance coverage. Have to pay before any cycle no payment plan by schedule
First ivf and fresh suggested only one which we did and after that we have done two and he has been supportive and acknowledges our wishes
Cincinnati

Dr. Awadalla was so warm. He always seems excited to see me. He is open and direct, while also taking emotions into account... I have PCOS. I took progestin to induce a period and then took Femara for (I believe) about a week. Then I went in for an ultrasound to determine if my follicles were ready. As they were, that night my husband gave me a triggering shot in the thigh and the next morning we went to the Cincinnati office to collect my husbands sample and complete the IUI.
Both the Cincinnati and Florence locations of the clinic [IRH] are clean and organized. The Cincinnati location in particular is actually quite beautiful! The environment is warm and professional, with elegant furniture and a clean space.... The nursing staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Prior to conceiving my first born, they always showed compassion and interest. Once I had conceived, before being released to my OBGYN, the nurses were always quick and happy to answer the many questions I had and to offer comfort and understanding for my concerns.
Dr. Awadalla is wonderful: he is both kind and extremely knowledgeable. My experience conceiving my first son was vastly different from attempts with a previous doctor. I felt Dr. Awadalla was taking care of me and my family rather than just trying to help us get pregnant.
GO FOR IT!
Dr. Awadalla was so warm. He always seems excited to see me. He is open and direct, while also taking emotions into account. Our whole infertility experience changed when we went into his office.
I have PCOS. I took progestin to induce a period and then took Femara for (I believe) about a week. Then I went in for an ultrasound to determine if my follicles were ready. As they were, that night my husband gave me a triggering shot in the thigh and the next morning we went to the Cincinnati office to collect my husbands sample and complete the IUI. We found out several weeks later that we were pregnant with our son. We are now preparing to attempt baby number two and will follow the same process, minus the progestin as I have had a period since I stopped breastfeeding my son.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Both the Cincinnati and Florence locations of the clinic are clean and organized. The Cincinnati location in particular is actually quite beautiful! The environment is warm and professional, with elegant furniture and a clean space.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. A[wadalla] gave me the options that I needed, a box of Kleenex, and let me cry in his office until I was ready to leave. He has also called me himself, and asked me not to give up because the embryos we have now are high quality, and he believes that we will have a healthy pregnancy...He has always called me by my first name, and he doesn't have to look at my chart to remember my history.
When I have called [the nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health], and been sent to voicemail they always have called me back in a timely fashion, and any paperwork that I have needed has also been sent quickly...The nursing staff works very hard, yet they always have a smile on their faces. When we received that dreaded phone call that says "I'm so sorry, but your test was negative," the nurses were compassionate, and disappointed along with us. You can just tell that phone call is one that they absolutely do not like making. It is not routine to them.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Awadalla has great bed side manners, patience, and compassion for his patients. He gives time to explain what needs to be explained, and questions that need to be answered. He also abides by our wishes. I have a very short stature, one of the first things that I told Dr. A was that I was not ok transferring more than two embryos. Dr. A completely understood, and actually the clinics policy is to only transfer one or two embryos.
I would tell a prospective patient to be ready. Dr. A and his team are on it. It's a tough journey, but it can also be a quick journey. After meds, and cycles are figured out its a whirl wind from there. Everything with fertility has to be timed just right, and from my experiences Dr. A has timed it just right. I would also tell them to listen to the doctors, they know what they are doing.
He has always called me by my first name, and he doesn't have to look at my chart to remember my history. When we did get pregnant, and we went for the first ultra sound he asked us to come to his office, told us delicately that we would only have a 50% chance to carry the baby because of a small sack. After the second ultrasound he said "go ahead get dressed, and meet me in my office." I told Dr. A that I didn't want to meet in his office because last time we didn't get good news. He complied, let me get dressed, and he came back into our room. We found out that the baby had a heart beat, but the sack was just getting smaller. Dr. A then gave us a 25% chance. He let us come back for a third ultrasound. and that's when we found out that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. Dr. A gave me the options that I needed, a box of Kleenex, and let me cry in his office until I was ready to leave. He has also called me himself, and asked me not to give up because the embryos we have now are high quality, and he believes that we will have a healthy pregnancy.
Both my cycles have been very similar. I have started off with about 17 days of birth control. I was then off three days, and than I started injections for 10 days. I had injected Gonal F, Menopur, and Centrotide. I can't remember which injection out of the three, but he only added it during my second cycle. After that, I had taken my trigger shot. He also had me taking Estrodial and Progesterone. I was taking those two even after my transfer.
The nursing staff works very hard, yet they always have a smile on their faces. When we received that dreaded phone call that says "I'm so sorry, but your test was negative," the nurses were compassionate, and disappointed along with us. You can just tell that phone call is one that they absolutely do not like making. It is not routine to them. When I have called, and been sent to voicemail they always have called me back in a timely fashion, and any paperwork that I have needed has also been sent quickly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The strengths I would hit on when I talked to a new patient would be about waiting. I would tell the patient that the wait time is not long. They get us in and out in a timely manner. I would also tell them that their opinions do matter, and their wants also matter to this medical team. The weakness that would hit on would be about awkward situations. Fertility procedures can get awkward. This is something that they do every day, not much can surprise them. An example, when my husband went in to give a sample of his sperm, we were taken back when the nurse asked, "Would your wife like to join you." Yes we are all adults, but that was just not something that we thought would be asked or even thought about. To them though, it happens, and its ok.
I don't remember the full cost, but I believe around $8200 for a fresh cycle, and $7000 for a frozen cycle.
The Cincinnati of Reproductive Health approach on multiple embryo transfer is most usually only two at the most, but from my experience if the embryos are high quality they only like to transfer one.

3 IUI, IVF
Dr.A looks at patient history and determines the best course of treatment. He does not just recommend things to make money. He told me it’s nlt necessary to do PGS and that he wants IVF to be affordable. He is compassionate and explains things when asked questions. After my negative Beta he called me to talk to me and I truly appreciated it because it was a Saturday...He is compassionate and monitored me during my cycle closely and I felt I received good care that put me at ease. I highly recommend him.
The doctors and nurses [at Institute for Reproductive Health] are compassionate. The most difficult part is working with the business office for payments and getting questions answered. They hardly return calls in a timely manner. I felt they could explain the embryo transfer decisions in advance to coming in on transfer day and letting you know if you do or don’t need ICSI it egg hatching... they give a discount if it’s self pay.
3 IUI, IVF
Dr.A is great at answering questions or concerns so make a list and ask him at appointments.
Dr.Awadalla is a very knowledgeable and caring Doctor. Although my IVF cycle didn’t yield the positive test I dreamed of, I am ready to try again if I had the money. He is compassionate and monitored me during my cycle closely and I felt I received good care that put me at ease. I highly recommend him.
I was precribed follistim and ganirelex and trigger shot, Prior to that I was started on birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
The nurse at my retrieval was gentle and caring and put me at ease.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The doctors and nurses are compassionate. The most difficult part is working with the business office for payments and getting questions answered. They hardly return calls in a timely manner. I felt they could explain the embryo transfer decisions in advance to coming in on transfer day and letting you know if you do or don’t need ICSI it egg hatching.
I was self pay and they give a discount if it’s self pay.
Although I wanted 2 transferred, Dr.A only recommended one and explained the risks of two.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The business office is difficult to reach. Other than that the clinic is great!

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Awadalla] reviewed all of my medical records and discussed options in detail with us during our initial consultation. He made of feel very comfortable, hopeful, and informed. During each visit we got additional information to help guide us with medications and what to expect. When we were unsuccessful after our last frozen transfer we were never contacted by him to discuss the cycles or any future plans of continuing treatment.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] was very clean and organized and there was a private place for us to discuss our cycle and plan with the nurse and with the doctor. The check in and check out was always fairly smooth. Getting financial information for bills and services paid was difficult at times and there was some confusion about what had been paid for and what was still owed, but they were able to make some calls to get it figured out.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He reviewed all of my medical records and discussed options in detail with us during our initial consultation. He made of feel very comfortable, hopeful, and informed. During each visit we got additional information to help guide us with medications and what to expect. When we were unsuccessful after our last frozen transfer we were never contacted by him to discuss the cycles or any future plans of continuing treatment. We contacted his office and were given a time he would call back for us to ask questions. I don’t feel like we really got any answers as to why the cycles failed or what the next course of action would be or what could be done differently if we decided to do an additional retrieval and transfer.
Ask a lot of questions and be well informed every step of the way.
Early in the treatment process we were treated very well by all the staff and the doctor. We were given high expectation throughout the process and everyone was very positive and reassuring. After the retrieval and fertilization results came in we were told we’d be a freeze all cycle due to hyper stimulation but then received multiple calls the following days saying we were a fresh transfer, when in fact we were not able to go that route. It was rather upsetting. After our last frozen embryo transfer we were notified of the negative hcg via phone by one of the nurses and had expected we would hear from the doctor as we used our last 2 embryos. When we didn’t hear from him after a few days of getting the results, we called the office a few times to speak with him because we were never given the opportunity to discuss what happened or what the next steps are or what our options were or what could possibly be done differently if we chose to continue with another retrieval. We felt like we were just unsuccessful and dropped from the radar with no guidance or explanation as to where to go from there. Overall the people seemed to care throughout the process but after we felt like we were left in a cold and limbo like state.
Cycle day 3 started birth control pills and a profilactic antibiotic, last bcp was day 22, had an ultrasound for follicles on day 23, cycle day 2 started using follistim 200 IU SQ at a given time daily for 4 days and then had a repeat follicle scan on day 6 with lab draw and continued on follistim 200 IU SQ, day 7 I took the follistim 200 IU SQ and Ganirelix SQ, day 8 follistim 200 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, cycle day 9 had follicle scan and labs and changed follistim dose to 125 IU SQ with the ganirelix SQ, cycle day 10 follistim 100 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, day 11 follicle scan and labs and took follistim 100 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, cycle day 25 follistim 25 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, day 13 Lipton trigger shot and started destinex tablets, day 14 dostinex tablet, day 15 egg retrieval (15 eggs retreived). Day 16 six eggs fertilized and told we would be a freeze all cycle due to ovarian hyper stimulation, day 18 above average growth and development on 4 of the eggs and regular on 2. Next cycle started - day 2 three embryos made it to blast stage and were frozen and need to postpone frozen transfer to next cycle. Started birth control pills for a few weeks and then started cycle day 1, started taking estradiol 3 times daily, day 13 had ultrasound and labs, day 18 started prometrium 3 times a day, day 23 frozen embryo transfer, negative hcg 11 days later, after the next cycle started and completed we did the 2nd frozen transer with our last 2 embryos which were grade A, 14 days later we had a negative hcg.
The nurse I seen in the office and the one who reviewed the plan and medications were absolutely amazing. The one making the call didn’t seem to care and I was just a number she was reporting information to in order to cross me off the to do list. There were also multiple times I was contacted by the same nurse who gave me false (and very upsetting) information, she didn’t seem to know my case or what was going on.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very clean and organized and there was a private place for us to discuss our cycle and plan with the nurse and with the doctor. The check in and check out was always fairly smooth. Getting financial information for bills and services paid was difficult at times and there was some confusion about what had been paid for and what was still owed, but they were able to make some calls to get it figured out.
$8500 to begin the process (MD visit, ultrasounds, labs, retrieval and one fresh transfer, nurse education day) they wouldn’t let us do the fresh transfer so we did frozen which cost an additional $5000 (counting the second frozen transfer), medications and travel expenses roughly $3500 - totaling around $17000
I feel like at least 2 embryo transfer is the best route when you are doing IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
One of the nurses called after my retrieval and told me the proposed day for transfer and steps to take for my fresh embryo transfer, after I’d been told I was going to be a freeze all due to ovarian hyperstimulation. She called two different times trying to tell me this same plan.
Cincinnati

The nursing staff [at IRH-Cincinnati] always responded quickly when I called the office. I had a terrible time with my insurance and the specialty pharmacy it used to get my injections and the nursing staff handled it very well (even though I probably drove them nuts calling so much). I had to come in on several saturdays for IUIs and the staff was always friendly and welcoming. They never made me feel like an inconvenience.
Dr Awadalla was compassionate, easy to talk to, thorough in his explanations, so easy going he made us feel like there was no doubt we would get pregnant, and very knowledgeable. Every time we came in after a failed attempt we would review the statistics of the treatments, form a plan for the next cycle and he would hand write the exact dosages of medications I needed to take and when. He would also draw little cartoons/symbols indicating us getting pregnant at the end. He really helped keep our stress levels down while giving us all the facts we needed which is not an easy task. Even though I didn’t see him every visit I saw him most of the time. The other doctors and NP were also very good so I never felt uncomfortable having them do a treatment for me.
You are in the best place for getting pregnant. It’s an emotionally difficult journey (sometimes physically difficult), so going in make sure you ask questions. Dr Awadalla is very approachable and smart so knowing all the facts will help put you at ease a bit.
Dr Awadalla was excellent. Our first first visit we were emotionally drained and frustrated. Dr Awadalla did an ultrasound and reviewed the tests from my OB and then took an hour to explain what was causing our infertility, answered our questions, and formed a plan to help get us pregnant. He was easy to talk to and really made us feel at ease and hopeful. Every time I went in for an IUI it was like he knew exactly how I was feeling and knew what to say to make us confident to continue treatments. He even called me on my cell phone once to help me to decide my next step in treatment. He is excellent!
We tried a new treatment every three months until I got pregnant. It was explained to me that after three rounds of a treatment not working statistically my chances of getting pregnant with that treatment dramatically decreased. I started taking metformin daily to help counteract some of my hormones with PCOS. So first I did oral medication and IUI for three rounds, then Injections and orals for three months and got pregnant on the third round. We started with oral medication and IUI first because I had tried oral medication and timed intercourse for three months with no result with my OB. I also switched from clomid to femara with Dr Awadalla because I did not ovulate with my third round of clomid. Every time we did a cycle before I took my ovulation injection Dr Awadalla did an ultrasound to verify how many healthy eggs I had so I didn’t have too many or too little. That also helped him adjust my medication doses as needed. So after 6 IUIs 3 with orals and three with injections I got pregnant and now have twin boys:)
The nursing staff always responded quickly when I called the office. I had a terrible time with my insurance and the specialty pharmacy it used to get my injections and the nursing staff handled it very well (even though I probably drove them nuts calling so much). I had to come in on several saturdays for IUIs and the staff was always friendly and welcoming. They never made me feel like an inconvenience.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was wonderfully decorated with big windows in the waiting room. The lab was right down the hall so we didn’t have to travel far to pick up our specimens. Almost every time I was there I was taken back early and never had to wait past my appointment.
My insurance and my husbands insurance covered most of the cost.
We never had to do IVF.

2012 - 2017
As much as he [Dr. Awadalla] wants to be successful at helping you conceive, he can be a bit too optimistic. He doesn't seem to fully understand that not everyone has the financial capabilities to just keep moving forward with treatments...Dr. Awadalla was very personable and seemed to empathize with me each time my cycle was not successful...Although I have been unable to conceive under his care, I highly recommend him. My only complaint is that he can be a bit too optimistic. I prefer to be told the blunt truth, even if it is negative.
Very nice clinic area. No complaints about the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] itself...Some of the nurses were great, while others were disorganized. I had 2 different nurses on 2 separate occasions give me incorrect medication dosage and timing. I corrected them based on what Dr. Awadalla had told me which they then confirmed...Dr Awadalla is a very personable and compassionate RE. Although I have been unable to conceive under his care, I highly recommend him. My only complaint is that he can be a bit too optimistic. I prefer to be told the blunt truth, even if it is negative.
2012 - 2017
As much as he wants to be successful at helping you conceive, he can be a bit too optimistic. He doesn't seem to fully understand that not everyone has the financial capabilities to just keep moving forward with treatments.
Dr. Awadalla was very personable and seemed to empathize with me each time my cycle was not successful. As a private person, I usually do not get emotional until I am alone at home. The last cycle he said to me, "I know this was a hard one for you and I was really hoping to have good news for you today."
IUIs- Femara with Ovidrel trigger- all negative. 1st IVF - follistim, menopur, Ganarelix, ovidrel, progesterone - cancelled due to poor response 2nd IVF - femara, follistim, menopur, cetrotide, ovidrel, progesterone. - 2 eggs retrieved, 2 embryos, 0 transferred due to poor quality.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Very nice clinic area. No complaints about the clinic itself
My IUIs were covered by insurance, $40 copay + $100 meds. IVF - ~$14000 (including meds and ICSI)
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
As I stated in a previous reply, there were 2 instances where nurses dud not relay the correct medication information.

2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Awadalla has a great bedside manner and is very compassionate to my situation...He gave me a grant to do another frozen transfer with our last two embryos we have. But we and he feels the fresh cycle is going to give us the best result....We did the fresh cycle Ivf and it went very smoothly. I took femara. I did menapur injections along with Follistim....The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good.
New patient is a bit of a wait and you need to be aggressive and direct about what you want....I think the only weakness could be they [Inst for Repro Health] are so busy at this clinic the office phone is always a call back but other than that they do call back...The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good....They will call you back to get an appt by the end of the day that you call....
2014 - 2017
The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good. Dr. Schieber saw me as well and did the transfer for two cycles I had. I love all the providers there. Dr. Awadalla has a great bedside manner and is very compassionate to my situation that is why I prefer him. But I do see other providers there as well. He is very detailed and is not pushy. I wouldn't choose another clinic to do Ivf.
Be direct with what care you want and they will do their best to make it happen.
He gave me a grant to do another frozen transfer with our last two embryos we have. But we and he feels the fresh cycle is going to give us the best result. We cannot afford another Ivf fresh cycle at this time though.
I did 4 iuis before going to Ivf. I did 2 previous iui I believe with another provider and clinic. We did the fresh cycle Ivf and it went very smoothly. I took femara. I did menapur injections along with Follistim. It was 2 years ago so I don't remember my exact doses but my charts would have all this information. I think I was going to have to icsi but then the egg and sperm were good so I didn't have to. We retrieved 7 eggs 5 of which were all day 5 embryos. One was transferred and resulted in my son. And 4 were frozen. We used 2 this past year and they did not take. I only have tubal blockage and endometriosis which makes me a good candidate for fresh cycle Ivf. The frozen I am not sure about how well since the last one didn't take. We cannot afford to use the last two yet. But would really like to do another fresh since this is more promising outcome
They are all great as well. I think the only weakness could be they are so busy at this clinic the office phone is always a call back but other than that they do call back
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
They will call you back to get an appt by the end of the day that you call. So prompted based on what they are dealing with
So far we have spent near 19,000
They do what is best based on history they will not transfer anymore than 2 at a time though
Endometriosis, PCOS
[Dr. Awadalla] looks at everyone individually and works for what is best in their situation...He looked at my small stature and told me from the beginning that we were going to try for a single birth...told me we could transfer two embryos if we demanded it but he highly recommended just one embryo transfer...He gave me realistic expectations while still making me hopeful. And he also knew when to slow me down and recommended waiting for all of the hormone shots to have time to get out of my body, and to do an initial frozen transfer once I was feeling better after he egg retrieval.
I remember the egg retrieval day [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. A massive snow storm was supposed to hit and emergency personnel for the city were already on call. I phoned the clinic the night before terrified that the roads would be too bad and hat the clinic would be closed. They assured me no matter what they would be there (I couldn’t believe it. They understood how much money I had spent on meds and how much till this had taken on my body). They knew that if we missed he window the egg retrieval wouldn’t be possible. At one point the nurse told me that if hey had to have the police pick them up and take them in they would be there.
Endometriosis, PCOS
I met Dr. Awadalla at a time in my life where I had almost given up that hope of being a mom. He sat me down and told me we could do this and if I trusted the process and listened to what they told me he had full confidence that IVf would work for us. He knew how much I wanted a baby, and after the egg retrieval I was counting down the days for the implant day. He looked at me as a whole person and sat me down and explained that based on new research and based on my labs he truly felt that we should wait until my body had time to recover. I remember being devastated to wait another month but I trusted him so we waited. As the hormones subsided I started feeling much better and I started to understand his decision. In March of 2016 on our frozen implant day I felt good and ready; and 9 months later I was holding my sweet baby boy. I can never ever thank him enough for what he did for our family.
Trust him. Trust him. If he tells you you need to wait it is for a reason. If he wants to change a med in the middle of a cycle there is a reason. Because he looks at everyone individually and works for what is best in their situation. Infertility is not an exact science and we have to be willing our give into the process. If you trust dr Awadalla he will do everything in his power to get you to the sweet baby.
Every visit someone (usually Dr. Awadalla sat down with me and explained each step of the process). He gave me realistic expectations while still making me hopeful. And he also knew when to slow me down and recommended waiting for all of the hormone shots to have time to get out of my body, and to do an initial frozen transfer once I was feeling better after he egg retrieval. THis resulted in my son. I will never be able to thanks him enough.
We had already tried clomid and IUI before meeting with Dr Awadalla so he knew from the beginning we were there for IVF. He never pushed me on that matter. He started to explain to me the process and the risks. He looked at my small stature and told me from the beginning that we were going to try for a single birth (which was exactly what we wanted). I am a pharmacist so all of the drugs and the process made sense to me, but what I didn’t expect was after the egg retrieval how bad I would fee. I thought ‘this surgery doesn’t involved any cutting I will be fine the next day. That was not the case. But I pushed on and was ready to implant ASAP. But he sat me down and told me he thought that we should wait. That we should freeze our embryos and let my body rest and get back to normal. He suggested his based on research he had just learned from a conference. At the time I was devastated but I listened and gave into the process. A month later we did one frozen transefer which 9 months later resulted in my son. He was so right. I felt good throughout my whole pregnancy and had no complications. My son is almost 2 and I look at him in awe sometimes. Without Dr awadalla he would not be here and I cannot imagine that
They were always very sweet and very easy to work with.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They were so easy to work with and explained things so well and never once made me feel bad for calling back and asking any question I needed. They also Have an office located in northern Kentucky (and since I was traveling from Lexington Ky) they tried to fit in as many appointment in the northern Ky office as possible instead of having to go into Ohio each time. I remember the egg retrieval day. A massive snow storm was supposed to hit and emergency personnel for the city were already on call. I phoned the clinic the night before terrified that the roads would be too bad and hat the clinic would be closed. They assured me no matter what they would be there (I couldn’t believe it. They understood how much money I had spent on meds and how much till this had taken on my body). They knew that if we missed he window the egg retrieval wouldn’t be possible. At one point the nurse told me that if hey had to have the police pick them up and take them in they would be there. Probably about 4 hours after my retrieval we got 16 inches of snow. And at the time I thought of people scheduled the day after me and knew that hey would be taken care of. That to me was such a blessing.
I was able to purchase a plan that was basically the price of two IVF procedures but guaranteed that we could have 6 tries under that price. That was amazing for us because it took away the pressure of ‘what if it doesn’t work the first time’. It’s been several years but I also believe if it didn’t work after 6 tries you got over half your money back. I can tell you after my son was born I never once again thought of that money, but at the time it made the process less stressful.
Dr awadalla told me we could transfer two embryos if we demanded it but he highly recommended just one embryo transfer based on my stature. I was prepared for thre possibility of twins and knew that two embryos would increase our odds but I listened to him and I’m glad I did. Having one baby was perfect for our family and was an easy pregnancy for me.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. A was very patient with us and always answered all our questions. He [Dr. Awadalla] took my ideas, questions and suggestions into consideration rather than just ignoring me. During an unexplained infertility diagnosis, you feel like you have no control, but Dr. A did a great job of listening to us and our ideas, which made me feel like I gained back some control during our medical journey.
The nurses always called back promptly for all messages I left and knew my file/case....They [Institute for Reproductive Health] were very timely with their visits, which was so appreciated during the numerous visits requiring missing work, etc.... I rarely had to wait longer than 10 min in the lobby....The nurses were always efficient... I always recommend IRH and dr. A to others experiencing infertility...
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. A made our dream of becoming parents come true. I am thankful for him everyday. Our journey with Dr. A was about a year and a half, which can is much longer than I had originally expected. However, he never lost hope in our case which helped me stay positive. He was always honest, straightforward and can be blunt, which I appreciate. When it came to our chances of conceiving, I appreciated honesty. There were many times I became frustrated with our unsuccessful results, but Dr. A was very good about setting a new plan and explaining the changes he would make from the last unsuccessful try. This was always helpful to me so I knew we weren’t just throwing money and time away while trying the same thing over and over. Dr. A was always very professional and is very experienced. He truly wants to see you conceive and does his best to make your dream successful.
Dr. A will be honest with your chance of success, so make sure you are ready to hear that. Also be sure you understand the medical plan and don’t be afraid to ask questions until you understand everything. Dr. A never rushed us and made sure we were on the same page for the plan moving forward.
Dr. A was very patient with us and always answered all our questions. He took my ideas, questions and suggestions into consideration rather than just ignoring me. During an unexplained infertility diagnosis, you feel like you have no control, but Dr. A did a great job of listening to us and our ideas, which made me feel like I gained back some control during our medical journey.
Follistim with menopur on ivf #3 did the trick for me. The menopur was what really improved the quality of eggs retrieved.
The nurses were always efficient, which I valued since I traveled three hours round trip to the doctor. The nurses always called back promptly for all messages I left and knew my file/case.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I never realized how efficient and timely IRH clinic was until under care at a new clinic now (closer to home). I traveled 3 hours round trip to IRH and I rarely had to wait longer than 10 min in the lobby. They were very timely with their visits, which was so appreciated during the numerous visits requiring missing work, etc. Aside from the distance from my home, I would go back to IRH in a heartbeat. I’m now trying for baby #2 and really struggled to decide whether I should use the new clinic 10 min from my home, or IRH which I trusted and had success. I always recommend IRH and dr. A to others experiencing infertility and wish I lived closer to Cincinnati.
I had wonderful infertility insurance, so each ivf cycle was approximately $1,000.
Dr. A always told us the quality and quantity of our embryos, gave his recommendation for quantity to transfer, but left the final decision up to us.
Cincinnati

Dr. Awadalla was very patient and thorough in his explanations of what to expect with each procedure. We were never talked down to or made to feel ignorant. He seemed to genuinely understand the emotional toll infertility takes on you.... Dr. Awadalla took his time with us at each appointment and we never felt rushed. He and Dr. Schieber were so understanding and patient with us. It was very much appreciated.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very quick to return phone calls and answer any questions we forgot to ask while in the office. They were also accommodating when I had a subchorionic hematoma and wanted to come in at 5 weeks pregnant to check on my baby. I even had a nurse take a medication home with her for me to pick up from her since I lived way too far away to get to the office before they closed. We had a very positive experience with the nurses.
Don't be afraid to vocalize concerns, questions, etc.
My treatment was a year ago. I know I did quite a few days of injectable medications and had to add in an extra injectable closer to my egg retrieval.
The nursing staff were very quick to return phone calls and answer any questions we forgot to ask while in the office. They were also accommodating when I had a subchorionic hematoma and wanted to come in at 5 weeks pregnant to check on my baby. I even had a nurse take a medication home with her for me to pick up from her since I lived way too far away to get to the office before they closed. We had a very positive experience with the nurses.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
This practice has 3 different office locations in order to accommodate people from different areas. It was very nice to be able to visit the office in Northern KY for shorter appointments since we live in Louisville, KY. All offices were very clean and well kept. I have no complaints about the clinic.
We had office visit costs, lab work, and then the complete charge for the entire IVF procedure. Transferring our frozen embryo and freezing charge were additional.
Dr. Awadalla was only open to transferring more than one embryo for us if they were day 3 embryos. We did transfer 2 day 3 embryos and they were unsuccessful. We had one day 5 embryo make it to freeze and that perfect little embryo was born 4 months ago.
Cincinnati

I absolutely loved every appointment there [at Cincinnati Fertility]. He [Dr Sherif Awadalla] always took the time to explain anything I didn't understand an d address any concerns I had. Our next plan of action was always in place when we left after a failed cycle. He's a very compassionate man and always gives us hope....His plan of action were more aggressive than my previous doctor. I feel he is very knowledgeable in the infertility field and will do everything in your best interest to help you conceive.
I absolutely loved every appointment there [at Cincinnati Fertility]. He [Dr Sherif Awadalla] always took the time to explain anything I didn't understand an d address any concerns I had. Our next plan of action was always in place when we left after a failed cycle. He's a very compassionate man and always gives us hope.We have NO infertility coverage. IUI's generally cost us $2500, the biggest expense being medicines. Our IVF plan is a money-back grantee. We paid $17,500 (plus the cost of meds) We get 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles. If we do not have a live birth we get 70% of our money back.
I absolutely loved every appointment there. He always took the time to explain anything I didn't understand an d address any concerns I had. Our next plan of action was always in place when we left after a failed cycle. He's a very compassionate man and always gives us hope.
He's a very compassionate man. His plan of action were more aggressive than my previous doctor. I feel he is very knowledgeable in the infertility field and will do everything in your best interest to help you conceive.
He was VERY compassionate and reassuring at every appointment.
We did 5 IUI's with Follistim and ovidrel trigger. After no luck, we decided that IVF would be our best option. Our first IVF cycle was cancelled due to over stimulation. I have PCOS and over stim very quickly. He monitored me closely for three days and decided it would be best to cancel the cycle to avoid OHSS. With our 2nd cycle he reduced my follistim, my does range anywhere from 175IU to 225IU. He also worked with pharmacy companies to get me discounts on the med and samples to save me some money on our next cycle. It's hard to find a happy medium with my condition. We retrieved 17 eggs, 13 fertilized and 10 made it to freeze. We decided that it was best to freeze all of our eggs and do a FET, to prevent pregnancy induced OHSS. Our first transfer (1 embryo) resulted in a miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks. We are currently in our TWW with our 2nd transfer (2 embryos).
Amazing, compassionate, the best ever! I loved working with them. They truly care about you and are more than eager to help you with any problem.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are very knowledgeable about treatment plans and helping you find out what works best to achieve success.

2013 - 2015
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I always felt that the treatments were reactive and not proactive. Treatments were all the same, only a pill change from Clomid to Femera after 3-4 IUIs. [Dr.] Awadalla was always nice, but never seemed to make the treatments about me. It was always this works for all others with PCOS. ... We were always rushed in and out. They [Inst for Repro Health] were nice, but never seemed to have time to have a small conversation on how you were doing
we ran into a situation where we had an IUI scheduled on a morning where we got 13" of snow. The clinic had nurses stay over night to make sure they were there for us when we were able to make it. ... don't have a single bad thing to say about the nursing staff. I sure it can not be easy to break bad news about results to anyone. When ever I was contacted about blood results from my Chemical pregnancy they stayed on the phone with me until I was calmed down.
2013 - 2015
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I always felt that the treatments were reactive and not proactive. Treatments were all the same, only a pill change from Clomid to Femera after 3-4 IUIs. Awadalla was always nice, but never seemed to make the treatments about me. It was always this works for all others with PCOS.
Be aware of all the options, research and studies that are out there for your condition, because you will only be handed a pamphlet with a brief description of your diagnosis.
We were always rushed in and out. They were nice, but never seemed to have time to have a small conversation on how you were doing
We started with 3 cycles of Clomid and time intercourse. Then we did 3 cycles of the same, but did an ultrasound around d day 10-11 to check folical size. In the mean time they did a semen analysis. We did 2 IUIs, first one took Chemical pregnancy. Then we did a Hysterosalpingogram and 2 more IUIs. Next step was a Laperoscopy and Hysteroscopy. Tubes were blocked. Cleared them and did 3 more rounds of IUI. 1st one took, Chemical pregnancy. There were a few months we skipped during these treatments for holidays and vacations
I don't have a single bad thing to say about the nursing staff. I sure it can not be easy to break bad news about results to anyone. When ever I was contacted about blood results from my Chemical pregnancy they stayed on the phone with me until I was calmed down.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The Male clinics was fantastic, we ran into a situation where we had an IUI scheduled on a morning where we got 13" of snow. The clinic had nurses stay over night to make sure they were there for us when we were able to make it.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Upon meeting with him [Dr. Sherif Awadalla], I was hopeful. He seemed like he would be able to help us and would get to the bottom of our problem. I had the test done to make sure my tubes were clear and was given the “all clear” to start IUI’s. We had 4 failed cycles and met with him again to discuss what we thought would be the next step (IVF). He then informed me that the reason the IUI’s failed was most likely because I had a blockage in one Fallopian tube and the other was “crooked”. I couldn’t believe that he allowed us to do so many cycles without telling me that information and even allowed us to do IUI’s knowing it probably wouldn’t work.
Make sure to ask questions [when you go to the Institute for Reproductive Health-Cincinnati]. Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself if you feel like you are being treated like a number. Ask them for resources for paying for procedures if you don’t have health insurance that covers procedures and medications. The staff was very helpful with that.... During an IUI procedure, my husband couldn’t be at my portion of the procedure. I had been in a lot of pain and the doctor doing the procedure that day was not very kind. I was crying and he sat back and said “I’ll wait until you’re calm”. The nurse in the room stepped up and talked to me, held my hand, and encouraged the doctor to be more gentle.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Upon meeting with him, I was hopeful. He seemed like he would be able to help us and would get to the bottom of our problem. I had the test done to make sure my tubes were clear and was given the “all clear” to start IUI’s. We had 4 failed cycles and met with him again to discuss what we thought would be the next step (IVF). He then informed me that the reason the IUI’s failed was most likely because I had a blockage in one Fallopian tube and the other was “crooked”. I couldn’t believe that he allowed us to do so many cycles without telling me that information and even allowed us to do IUI’s knowing it probably wouldn’t work. He then suggested surgery to repair my tubes and explore if there were any other issues. I was broken, desperate, but hopeful so went ahead with the surgery. Following recovery, he was adement that we needed to start doing IUI’s right away but at the point my body needed a break and all trust with him was gone. I felt like he was just taking money from us without any regard to the fact that we were human beings. I should also add that my body just didn’t respond well to the follicle stimulating medication he chose to use for me. I expressed my concern to another doctor in the practice during a visit, that my joints were aching and I felt so run down that I could barely get through the day. His response was “Hm, have you gotten a new pair of shoes recently?”. It turns out that is an although uncommon, serious side effect of the medication. We left his practice and took a break before finding a new doctor where we had success after one IVF cycle.
Ask questions. Reach out to other resources for information and be educated in the questions that you should be asking.
Appointments were always rushed and very rarely even with him.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Make sure to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself if you feel like you are being treated like a number. Ask them for resources for paying for procedures if you don’t have health insurance that covers procedures and medications. The staff was very helpful with that.
Cincinnati

Dr. Awadalla is very good at what he does. He is very knowledgeable and knows what best in your interest. He was never hesitant and was very reassuring to me and the procedure. He was very optimistic and never once was doubtful. If someone is looking for a dr that has bed side manners, knowledgeable, and a expertise in fertility he would be the one to see.... I had hormone injections for a couple weeks for egg retrieval then waited five days and had the embryo transfer, couple weeks later I had a blood test for pregnancy and it was positive.
This clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] has very positive attitudes and compassion in what they do. They let it be known that they want to help you achieve your miracle. They are there for you every step of the process. They also offer a support group which is very helpful during the time of treatments. I can’t say enough about this clinic. It’s outstanding!... Nurses were very helpful, they returned calls pretty quickly and answered questions if they knew the answers. They were there to help you and cheer you on.
He will not let you down. He will help you in every way he can and explain everything along the way. He has a very positive attitude and very caring in what he does. If you want to be in very good hand and achieve your miracles I would give Dr. Awadalla a call.
He was very knowledgeable in explaining the procedure and very optimistic in what he was doing.
I had hormone injections for a couple weeks for egg retrieval then waited five days and had the embryo transfer, couple weeks later I had a blood test for pregnancy and it was positive. I had two ultrasounds with Dr. Awadalla to make sure baby was growing and doing well and after that he released me to my ob/gyn.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
This clinic has very positive attitudes and compassion in what they do. They let it be known that they want to help you achieve your miracle. They are there for you every step of the process. They also offer a support group which is very helpful during the time of treatments. I can’t say enough about this clinic. It’s outstanding!
I done a fresh ivf cycle which was around 8,000 and then around 3,000 for medicine/injections.
They were very persistent in only transferring one strong embryo.
Cincinnati

He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] does treat a lot of patients and is very busy, so I didn't always feel that I was able to ask him all of my questions (I often have a lot of questions!), but he also has a knowledgeable staff who were able to pick up the slack in that area...extremely knowledgeable and candid doctor. I felt like he took my treatments very seriously and carefully assessed our issues when planning our IVF cycles. I think he was genuinely surprised and disappointed when the first fresh cycle failed, and he made adjustments to our treatment for the second cycle, which resulted in the birth of our son.
The nurses at IRH are caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. They always answered my questions clearly and made sure I understood each step along the way. The only weakness is the phone answering system. You always have to leave a message and have your phone call returned.... I participated in the money-back IVF program. It was $17,900 for up to three fresh cycles and three frozen cycles. If treatment didn't result in a live birth, I would have received a 70% refund. My medications were an additional expense. I believe I spent about $1800 on medications for my first cycle and $2200 for my second cycle.
Dr. Awadalla is an extremely knowledgeable and candid doctor. I felt like he took my treatments very seriously and carefully assessed our issues when planning our IVF cycles. I think he was genuinely surprised and disappointed when the first fresh cycle failed, and he made adjustments to our treatment for the second cycle, which resulted in the birth of our son. He does treat a lot of patients and is very busy, so I didn't always feel that I was able to ask him all of my questions (I often have a lot of questions!), but he also has a knowledgeable staff who were able to pick up the slack in that area.
Prioritize your questions before your appointments to make sure you get to the most pressing ones.
Dr. Awadalla, his partners and the nurses in his practice are kind, compassionate professionals. I felt like they really cared about me and were just as upset when our first IVF cycle failed and just as happy when our second succeeded!
For my first cycle (which was unsuccessful), I used birth control to start, then I stimmed with Follistim, then added Cetrotide and triggered with Ovidrel. For my second cycle (which as successful), I used the same medications with the addition of Menopur during the stimming period.
The nurses at IRH are caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. They always answered my questions clearly and made sure I understood each step along the way. The only weakness is the phone answering system. You always have to leave a message and have your phone call returned. I was working full time during my treatments, and I didn't have a private office, so it was sometimes stressful to have to take unplanned return phone calls during the work day.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
One of IRH's greatest strengths is the free support group they offer patients. They offer a Ladies Night In one evening a month with yoga, a light supper and group support, and they also have a very active private Facebook group. I found the support from other patients so helpful during my treatment. IRH's website is also excellent. It provides so much information about infertility, the treatment options they offer, their success rates, and the cost of treatment. Really, the only weakness I can think of is the IVF nurse phone answering system (not being able to reach anyone directly and always having to have your phone calls returned).
My health insurance covered my initial consultation and diagnostic tests, but all of my treatment costs were out of pocket. I participated in the money-back IVF program. It was $17,900 for up to three fresh cycles and three frozen cycles. If treatment didn't result in a live birth, I would have received a 70% refund. My medications were an additional expense. I believe I spent about $1800 on medications for my first cycle and $2200 for my second cycle.
At my initial consultation, Dr. Awadalla specifically said that he preferred single transfers when possible and that he didn't see multiples as a preferred outcome. However, he did recommend transferring two embryos for both of my cycles, and we followed his advice.

2012 - 2015
8 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Went on to IVF and my first two cycles were cancelled [with Dr. Sherif Awadalla]. We removed birth control before stimulation and my third cycle made it to retrieval and ended in a chemical pregnancy. We did 5 more cycles after, 1 of which made it to retrieval before realizing my body just didnt respond well on any protocol even those that had made it to retrieval before...He was determined to find the reason for my infertility and failed cycles. He said to me once that my case was 99 percent more difficult than most, but he was gonna solve it.
I could go [for monitoring at Institute for Reproductive Health] when most convienant for me...Our money back Ivf program was around 20,000. Our split DE cycle was 12,500...Strengths would be knowledge and success. Weakness would be waiting for calls back when calling for a question. I understand they are extremely busy and not sure of a different solution though...Penny wasnt always my primary nurse but she took it upon herself to always help me or answer any questions when I was there. She was amazing!
2012 - 2015
8 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Awadalla was a very thorough and compassionate doctor. Even though we tried many many cycles, he never made me feel like I was a science experiment. He never wanted to put me through a retrieval he felt would fail, and even though the devastation of failed cycle over and over was very difficult, It was better than going through with a cycle that just wasnt going to work.
Trust him and his plan. Even when you may question his reasoning, and when things get difficult he knows what hes doing such as cancelled cycles.
We started with iui and femara. Then iui with injectables. Went on to IVF and my first two cycles were cancelled. We removed birth control before stimulation and my third cycle made it to retrieval and ended in a chemical pregnancy. We did 5 more cycles after, 1 of which made it to retrieval before realizing my body just didnt respond well on any protocol even those that had made it to retrieval before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Penny)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I could go when most convienant for me. Even though it was a 1.5 hour one way trip I was able to go first thing and make it back in time for work at 10AM.
Our money back Ivf program was around 20,000. Our split DE cycle was 12,500.
When the embryo quality was not great he was fine with multiple embryo transfer. However during my DE cycle where the embryo quality was GREAT, they strongly suggested only transfering one.
Cincinnati
I felt that he [Dr. Awadalla] was focused on getting me in and out....I believe there was more that could have been done with my treatment. He seemed to be knowledgeable about the condition, but didn't seem to like ideas of natural supplements. Seemed to push drugs like metformin as a cure.... First three cycles of treatment we used only Clomid and timed intimacy. After that we did two rounds of Clomid and injections for timed IUIs.
I feel that the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] overall is very suited to handle people with multiple conditions. They even took care of us in a snowstorm, reassuring us that everyone would be there to assist us in our needs.... It is never easy to break sad news to someone, however I felt that the nursing staff showed compassion.... I felt that he [Dr. Awadalla] was focused on getting me in and out.
I felt that he was focused on getting me in and out. He was recommended by a close friend, so I trusted their choice/experiences. I believe there was more that could have been done with my treatment. He seemed to be knowledgeable about the condition, but didn't seem to like ideas of natural supplements. Seemed to push drugs like metformin as a cure.
If you're a patient suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome, I would make sure that you were aware of treatment options for you before visiting. Both natural And with medicine. Also understand what the common practices are for fertility treatments for someone with PCOS.
I had done extensive research on my condition, and it seemed that my treatment was not even close to theirs. Some people had multiple egg size ultrasounds to watch egg growth, this used to determine egg quality. where I only had one.
First three cycles of treatment we used only Clomid and timed intimacy. After that we did two rounds of Clomid and injections for timed IUIs. After the Clomid didn't produced quality egg sizes we switched to a different fertility medication. Sorry I cannot remember which one. We continued the IUIs for five cycles. All resulted in larger egg sizes, but no successful takes.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I feel that the clinic overall is very suited to handle people with multiple conditions. They even took care of us in a snowstorm, reassuring us that everyone would be there to assist us in our needs.