U of Cincinnati

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Awadalla seems like a true expert and was very professional. I couldn't always see him because he doesn't work everyday and my cycles didn't work out that way, but he was there for the two biggest days (egg retrieval and embryo transfer)...make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise...we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Some of the nurses [at IRH] were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch...Good: Free parking, early appointments, multiple locations around the city, affiliated lab right next door. Financial people are AWESOME and really know their stuff. Bad: Always felt a little rushed - they crank through a lot of people in one day.
How was your experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Do your research ahead of time and make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I always felt a little rushed in the office. He doesn't do much explanation and leaves that to the nurses. He always seems very confident and is realistic about what his recommendations are, but I never felt like I had enough time with him.
Describe the protocols Sherif Awadalla used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
After doing a round of clomid+intercourse with my OB-GYN, Dr. Awadalla did a round of IUI (femara+IUI). Because I have PCOS, we moved to IVF for the next step. We did birth control for 3 weeks so that I could go on a vacation, then 10 days of injections at a very low dose (150). We triggered with lupron and a normal trigger at a lower dose. They retrieved 33 eggs, 31 of which were mature, and 29 fertilized (no ISCI). We ended up with 23 embryos (19 day 5 blasts, 4 day 6 blasts). We did not do PGS. Just yesterday, we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Some of the nurses were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.
I was fortunate enough to have most of my costs covered by Fertility insurance. I did pay about $500 for medications/injections and about $250/appointment.
Describe Sherif Awadalla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
The doctor strongly recommended eSET based on the quality of our embryos and my age. We agreed with this recommendation based on the risks to mother and child(ren) associated with multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
One of my appointments was scheduled at the wrong location for this clinic. They were able to get me in to the clinic that I went to but I had to wait a little bit, but I think they handled it really well.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Although it might not seem that always is the case he [Dr. Awadalla] really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. ... Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI ... sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle
It would be nice if you worked with one nurse [Institute for Repro Health] or even two throughout your procedures ... Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
Although it might not seem that always is the case he really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. I feel that the more questions you ask the better you’ll feel about everything and it helps keep your nerves calm during a very anxious roller coaster time in your life!
Ask lots of questions all avenues that you could possibly explore
I feel like it takes a minute for him to get to know you but he really does care and want you to succeed and having a child
Gosh it’s hard to remember we’ve been at this for so long but we started off with pills then shots in each are you why it got more aggressive with stronger doses more shots and we are now in the process of our first IVF treatment staying positive keeping fingers crossed
Never had the same nurse so really can’t describe them but as a whole seeing someone different each time is a little discouraging. Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The communication there is so so sometimes I feel like we have been not on her priority list which plays with your emotions. Once again you need to be the person that asks lots of questions in order to get to the person you need to speak to to get things done it’s like every other person you feel is on your side and the other person is just doing their job. It would be nice if you worked with one nurse or even two throughout your procedures
Expensive! Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI is equaling three to $4000 each adds up very quickly sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle
Treated 2017 - 2018
I believe Dr Awadalla is a very intelligent and caring Dr, who’s very experienced. That being said, I think he thought my case was an open and shut case- he didn’t find the need to have my husband tested. We went through 2 rounds of timed intercourse, until I asked about getting my husband tested— which resulted in low count, so we were only eligible for IUI, I felt like we wasted time and expenses. Most appointment are short and he rushes in and out, I always have to ask the nurses what’s going on after. Our next round is IVF, and he has yet to explain the procedure and process.
Phone system [at IRH] is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!... In office the nurses were very helpful, they explained everything with great care and always with a smile. To get ahold of them out of office is very difficult, always playing phone tag. A couple times, I was so stressed because I wasn’t able to get ahold of them, and needed a refill of meds I needed to start that day.
Ask lots of questions. Research procedures, medications, ahead of time so you can get the information he might not tell you.
Most times he was rushed, went through injection times very quickly. The first cycle with IUI, his nurse asked is the NP in could complete the procedure because he was busy.
Diagnosed with PCOS: Peometrium to jump start my cycle. Day 3-7 femora to stimulate maturation Day 10 ultrasound (On all five of my cycles, I had to redose femora due to follicles not responding). Ovidrel shot to induce ovulation Timed intercourse/IUI once follicles we’re 12-20mm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Phone system is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!
Currently, we’re are around $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Prescriptions were really hard to relay to my pharmacy. I had to be redosed every cycle- sometimes they forgot to call in, or my new cycle started on a weekend and I could get a hold of them.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Awadalla] reviewed all of my medical records and discussed options in detail with us during our initial consultation. He made of feel very comfortable, hopeful, and informed. During each visit we got additional information to help guide us with medications and what to expect. When we were unsuccessful after our last frozen transfer we were never contacted by him to discuss the cycles or any future plans of continuing treatment.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] was very clean and organized and there was a private place for us to discuss our cycle and plan with the nurse and with the doctor. The check in and check out was always fairly smooth. Getting financial information for bills and services paid was difficult at times and there was some confusion about what had been paid for and what was still owed, but they were able to make some calls to get it figured out.
He reviewed all of my medical records and discussed options in detail with us during our initial consultation. He made of feel very comfortable, hopeful, and informed. During each visit we got additional information to help guide us with medications and what to expect. When we were unsuccessful after our last frozen transfer we were never contacted by him to discuss the cycles or any future plans of continuing treatment. We contacted his office and were given a time he would call back for us to ask questions. I don’t feel like we really got any answers as to why the cycles failed or what the next course of action would be or what could be done differently if we decided to do an additional retrieval and transfer.
Ask a lot of questions and be well informed every step of the way.
Early in the treatment process we were treated very well by all the staff and the doctor. We were given high expectation throughout the process and everyone was very positive and reassuring. After the retrieval and fertilization results came in we were told we’d be a freeze all cycle due to hyper stimulation but then received multiple calls the following days saying we were a fresh transfer, when in fact we were not able to go that route. It was rather upsetting. After our last frozen embryo transfer we were notified of the negative hcg via phone by one of the nurses and had expected we would hear from the doctor as we used our last 2 embryos. When we didn’t hear from him after a few days of getting the results, we called the office a few times to speak with him because we were never given the opportunity to discuss what happened or what the next steps are or what our options were or what could possibly be done differently if we chose to continue with another retrieval. We felt like we were just unsuccessful and dropped from the radar with no guidance or explanation as to where to go from there. Overall the people seemed to care throughout the process but after we felt like we were left in a cold and limbo like state.
Cycle day 3 started birth control pills and a profilactic antibiotic, last bcp was day 22, had an ultrasound for follicles on day 23, cycle day 2 started using follistim 200 IU SQ at a given time daily for 4 days and then had a repeat follicle scan on day 6 with lab draw and continued on follistim 200 IU SQ, day 7 I took the follistim 200 IU SQ and Ganirelix SQ, day 8 follistim 200 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, cycle day 9 had follicle scan and labs and changed follistim dose to 125 IU SQ with the ganirelix SQ, cycle day 10 follistim 100 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, day 11 follicle scan and labs and took follistim 100 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, cycle day 25 follistim 25 IU SQ and ganirelix SQ, day 13 Lipton trigger shot and started destinex tablets, day 14 dostinex tablet, day 15 egg retrieval (15 eggs retreived). Day 16 six eggs fertilized and told we would be a freeze all cycle due to ovarian hyper stimulation, day 18 above average growth and development on 4 of the eggs and regular on 2. Next cycle started - day 2 three embryos made it to blast stage and were frozen and need to postpone frozen transfer to next cycle. Started birth control pills for a few weeks and then started cycle day 1, started taking estradiol 3 times daily, day 13 had ultrasound and labs, day 18 started prometrium 3 times a day, day 23 frozen embryo transfer, negative hcg 11 days later, after the next cycle started and completed we did the 2nd frozen transer with our last 2 embryos which were grade A, 14 days later we had a negative hcg.
The nurse I seen in the office and the one who reviewed the plan and medications were absolutely amazing. The one making the call didn’t seem to care and I was just a number she was reporting information to in order to cross me off the to do list. There were also multiple times I was contacted by the same nurse who gave me false (and very upsetting) information, she didn’t seem to know my case or what was going on.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very clean and organized and there was a private place for us to discuss our cycle and plan with the nurse and with the doctor. The check in and check out was always fairly smooth. Getting financial information for bills and services paid was difficult at times and there was some confusion about what had been paid for and what was still owed, but they were able to make some calls to get it figured out.
$8500 to begin the process (MD visit, ultrasounds, labs, retrieval and one fresh transfer, nurse education day) they wouldn’t let us do the fresh transfer so we did frozen which cost an additional $5000 (counting the second frozen transfer), medications and travel expenses roughly $3500 - totaling around $17000
I feel like at least 2 embryo transfer is the best route when you are doing IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
One of the nurses called after my retrieval and told me the proposed day for transfer and steps to take for my fresh embryo transfer, after I’d been told I was going to be a freeze all due to ovarian hyperstimulation. She called two different times trying to tell me this same plan.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Awadalla has a great bedside manner and is very compassionate to my situation...He gave me a grant to do another frozen transfer with our last two embryos we have. But we and he feels the fresh cycle is going to give us the best result....We did the fresh cycle Ivf and it went very smoothly. I took femara. I did menapur injections along with Follistim....The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good.
New patient is a bit of a wait and you need to be aggressive and direct about what you want....I think the only weakness could be they [Inst for Repro Health] are so busy at this clinic the office phone is always a call back but other than that they do call back...The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good....They will call you back to get an appt by the end of the day that you call....
The clinic is great at what they do if your specific provider isn't available the other two will see you as well and are just as good. Dr. Schieber saw me as well and did the transfer for two cycles I had. I love all the providers there. Dr. Awadalla has a great bedside manner and is very compassionate to my situation that is why I prefer him. But I do see other providers there as well. He is very detailed and is not pushy. I wouldn't choose another clinic to do Ivf.
Be direct with what care you want and they will do their best to make it happen.
He gave me a grant to do another frozen transfer with our last two embryos we have. But we and he feels the fresh cycle is going to give us the best result. We cannot afford another Ivf fresh cycle at this time though.
I did 4 iuis before going to Ivf. I did 2 previous iui I believe with another provider and clinic. We did the fresh cycle Ivf and it went very smoothly. I took femara. I did menapur injections along with Follistim. It was 2 years ago so I don't remember my exact doses but my charts would have all this information. I think I was going to have to icsi but then the egg and sperm were good so I didn't have to. We retrieved 7 eggs 5 of which were all day 5 embryos. One was transferred and resulted in my son. And 4 were frozen. We used 2 this past year and they did not take. I only have tubal blockage and endometriosis which makes me a good candidate for fresh cycle Ivf. The frozen I am not sure about how well since the last one didn't take. We cannot afford to use the last two yet. But would really like to do another fresh since this is more promising outcome
They are all great as well. I think the only weakness could be they are so busy at this clinic the office phone is always a call back but other than that they do call back
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
They will call you back to get an appt by the end of the day that you call. So prompted based on what they are dealing with
So far we have spent near 19,000
They do what is best based on history they will not transfer anymore than 2 at a time though
Treated 2016
Dr. Awadalla was very patient and thorough in his explanations of what to expect with each procedure. We were never talked down to or made to feel ignorant. He seemed to genuinely understand the emotional toll infertility takes on you.... Dr. Awadalla took his time with us at each appointment and we never felt rushed. He and Dr. Schieber were so understanding and patient with us. It was very much appreciated.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] were very quick to return phone calls and answer any questions we forgot to ask while in the office. They were also accommodating when I had a subchorionic hematoma and wanted to come in at 5 weeks pregnant to check on my baby. I even had a nurse take a medication home with her for me to pick up from her since I lived way too far away to get to the office before they closed. We had a very positive experience with the nurses.
Don't be afraid to vocalize concerns, questions, etc.
My treatment was a year ago. I know I did quite a few days of injectable medications and had to add in an extra injectable closer to my egg retrieval.
The nursing staff were very quick to return phone calls and answer any questions we forgot to ask while in the office. They were also accommodating when I had a subchorionic hematoma and wanted to come in at 5 weeks pregnant to check on my baby. I even had a nurse take a medication home with her for me to pick up from her since I lived way too far away to get to the office before they closed. We had a very positive experience with the nurses.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
This practice has 3 different office locations in order to accommodate people from different areas. It was very nice to be able to visit the office in Northern KY for shorter appointments since we live in Louisville, KY. All offices were very clean and well kept. I have no complaints about the clinic.
We had office visit costs, lab work, and then the complete charge for the entire IVF procedure. Transferring our frozen embryo and freezing charge were additional.
Dr. Awadalla was only open to transferring more than one embryo for us if they were day 3 embryos. We did transfer 2 day 3 embryos and they were unsuccessful. We had one day 5 embryo make it to freeze and that perfect little embryo was born 4 months ago.
Cincinnati
I have been happy with Dr Awadalla although I have yet to receive the results I am hoping for. I do wish that he showed a little more compassion for his patients and could slow down a little to listen and explain things.... We began with IUI with Femara for 3 cycles. When that didn’t work I was given the option of IUI with injectibles and Clomid or IVF. We opted for IUI. We underwent one cycle unsuccessfully and were unable to complete the second IUI due to missed ovulation timing.
I really like this clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health-Cincinnati]. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
If you want a doctor who is very straight to the point he’s great. If you want more compassion he may not be the best choice.
He is very straight to the point and often seems rushed. That can come off as making the patient feel like he doesn’t have time for them.
They are very great and friendly!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I really like this clinic. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
My costs were pretty significant. I chalk this more up to my insurance not covering anything related to infertility than the clinic being too expensive or unreasonable.
Treated 2012 - 2017
Dr Awadalla has been fairly attentive to questions, as well as the staff. Nurses were great. Only problem I had was finding out I had an autoimmune disease in the middle of IUI cycle and felt like he blew this off some calling it "mild arthritis " which I am told is closer to being lupus. This was after failing many IUI's and a failed IVF with no frozens that made it. So we felt very lost and no good reason why nothing we have tried worked.
[It] WOULD be helpful to have someone clinical available [at Institute for Reproductive Health] to answer phone calls, especially when it's urgent. As of now you have to leave a message and wait for return call... 4 IUI with clinic and ovidrel with hubbys sperm which did not work. Moved into IVF with gonal F and cetriotide...retrieved 8 eggs (I think) and all fertilized with husbands sperm but only 2 progressed...transferred those on day 3 and this did not work. Tried 2 IUI with gonal F and donor sperm, still negative. Did laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis and PCOS...only mild narrowing at opening of left tube. Did 3 more with donor sperm and gonal F and still nothing.
We are emotional messes. Just listen to our concerns bc they are very real to us. He has all the knowledge but we may know what he's thinking.
Answered questions, didn't feel rushed.
Answered all questions and very compassionate and patient.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
WOULD be helpful to have someone clinical available to answer phone calls, especially when it's urgent. As of now you have to leave a message and wait for return call.
Comparatively it's cost effective.
None
Treated 2014 - 2017
He [Dr. Awadalla] was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me...I was on over 200 iu of follostim... until I was at IRH I never ovulated. I only had one cycle that was cancelled because if over stimulation...Your doctor is very knowledgeable...He would set a plan in place & follow through. I felt like he would listen to my concerns & let me decide what would be best with the help of his advice. He wasn't afraid of being aggressive with treatment. He was very proactive about my care.
I drive 3 hours to this clinic [Inst for Repro Health - Cinci]. They have an amazing ART lab staff & the nurses are all very compassionate....[Nursing Staff] Amazing! They are the most compassionate people I know. They will hug you as you cry, call to check on you after treatments. Always full of hope for you...Money back cycle (3 fresh IVF w/Isci, 3frozen transfers) $18,000...He [Dr. Awadalla] was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me.
Your doctor is very knowledgeable & is the best in his area. However, you do need to be your own advocate for your care to.
He was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me.
I was on over 200 iu of follostim, my last doctor never had me in that high of medicine. However, until I was at IRH I never ovulated. I only had one cycle that was cancelled because if over stimulation.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I drive 3 hours to this clinic. They have an amazing ART lab staff & the nurses are all very compassionate.
Money back cycle (3 fresh IVF w/Isci, 3frozen transfers) $18,000
We were in the same page with embryo transfers. Our first one was a single & the rest we transferred two.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Awadalla is great, and we enjoyed working with him. He gets straight to the point, but is not harsh or callous. ... He is positive and optimistic and encouraging... He called us personally with results and was willing to spend time with us answering any and all questions.... IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400.
RH is attentive to each patients needs, and work to ensure timely and efficient appointments, but because of that, we often had to see other doctors from the practice. We also treated out of state about 2 hours away so the clinic has a satellite office that also contributed to us having to see other doctors. ... IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400.
Dr. Awadalla is great, and we enjoyed working with him. He gets straight to the point, but is not harsh or callous. IRH is attentive to each patients needs, and work to ensure timely and efficient appointments, but because of that, we often had to see other doctors from the practice. We also treated out of state about 2 hours away so the clinic has a satellite office that also contributed to us having to see other doctors. He is positive and optimistic and encouraging.
Relax. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Clean, organized, professional, efficient, and courteous
IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400. IVF w/ICSI w/ Cigna HRA insurance ($10,000 lifetime max fertility coverage including IVF) was approximately $2500. Insurance covered IVF about 80/20.
Cincinnati

Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s [Dr. Awadalla] not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos...communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited...Overall a great experience with great people.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] Strengths: up to date treatment and equipment, skilled and experienced doctors, amazing nurses Weaknesses: communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited Overall a great experience with great people...[Nursing Staff] Amazing. So good at returning calls and making me feel like no question was dumb. Best part of this clinic for sure.
Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos.
Bring questions you have so you can ask when you get the chance with him.
Treated 2016 - 2018
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla was] Sincere. Helpful. Honest...He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that...A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise...Great experience...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF... It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
[Nurses at the Institute for Reproductive Health were] Helpful. Thorough. Available...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000...It’s a long drive for us bc we live in Louisville. It’s clean and comfortable. We went to the Florence clinic at times but could not perform transfers at this clinic which is unfortunate. I would rate the clinic higher if the Florence office was available for transfers...A lot was based on weight. So he [Dr. Awadalla] recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Great experience just want my wife to be pregnant It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end. He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that
Be patient
Sincere. Helpful. Honest
A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Helpful. Thorough. Available
Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000
Single embryo transfer but will discuss multiple transfers on March 19th
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Awadalla was kind during each treatment. He was realistic about outcomes and what to expect. Prior to diagnosing an ectopic pregnancy, he explained the process of lab work and the possible results. He was honest about what may happen before, during, and after surgery...I would tell a prospective patient to be patient. You may not get the results you are hoping for right away...During an IUI treatment, the first step is to take an ovulation medication (such as Femara) to stimulate ovulation. Next, an ultrasound is scheduled to view potential mature eggs. An injection (such as Ovidrel) is scheduled to be given to release a mature egg. Within 24-48 hours the patient returns for the insemination. Then the 2 week wait begins before a pregnancy test is taken to determine if the patient is pregnant.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way...without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900...All staff in the clinic were friendly and honest with us throughout the entire process. They made us feel comfortable and respected our privacy. They were understanding and compassionate. I felt confident in decision making and well informed about the risks and benefits.
The nursing staff were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Insurance paid for some of the costs but without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was great at being optimistic and enthusiastic but he it became just a process. The emotional side of things needed to be addressed. I’m sure to them it’s all very routine but for me it was a major set back when things were negative... We started off assuming things would work quickly. Clomid was our first try. Next we moved to IUI with clomid. After two rounds we moved onto IUI clomid with the shot.
The office [Institute for Reproductive Health- Florence] was great as a whole but I wish they did more things in the KY office. We had to drive to OH for all IUIs. Also I wish the lab was open longer hours to accommodate those that work. To afford the treatment we had to work but I would often have to miss work for my appointments... The nurses weren’t very personalable. They seemed more focused on the paperwork and things than us
He was great at being optimistic and enthusiastic but he it became just a process. The emotional side of things needed to be addressed. I’m sure to them it’s all very routine but for me it was a major set back when things were negative
Go into things with an open mind and know that things may be different than expected. Speak up and ask questions
The process was a bit cold but I think it was the process verses the doctor
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The office was great as a whole but I wish they did more things in the KY office. We had to drive to OH for all IUIs. Also I wish the lab was open longer hours to accommodate those that work. To afford the treatment we had to work but I would often have to miss work for my appointments
It was all out of pocket expenses.