U of Cincinnati

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

Treated 2015
At every appointment [with Dr. Sherif Awadalla] if we had concerns about our failed IUI cycles, we were not pushed away or treated as just another infertile couple, but as people with valid issues that needed to be resolved... Dr. Awadalla has one of the best bedside manners I have ever seen... Dr. Awadalla definitely eases the burden this painful issue through joking...I always felt my questions and concerns were answered and that I was in a place where the right people were there to help me continue to build my family.
Heather [nurse] is an outstanding, compassionate, delightful, warm, personable nurse who made us feel welcome the very first day of our appointment at Institute for Reproductive Health...One of the best strengths they have is that the team of Drs. and staff work cohesively and show some of the best bedside manner I have ever seen. I would also like to add that they are very patient with you when it comes to the payment process...It was $16,500 for the IVF... $100 added quarterly for embryo storage. It was between $1000 to $1,500 for medications.
How was your experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Right off the bat, Dr, Awadalla and his staff at Institution for Reproductive Health, made us feel welcome and that we mattered. At every appointment if we had concerns about our failed IUI cycles, we were not pushed away or treated as just another infertile couple, but as people with valid issues that needed to be resolved. We suggested moving onto IVF and a staff member said. "we need to step up our game." I had reservations about my IVF cycle due to the number of eggs retrieved and he reassured me that IVF is not a numbers game but a way to get you there. Dr. Awadalla said, "it's not about the number of eggs we retrieve, but about getting pregnant now." Dr. Awadalla has one of the best bedside manners I have ever seen. He is funny, insightful and brilliant! If we had not of switched over to Institute for Reproductive Health when we did, we not have conceived our beautiful daughter and had the pleasure of knowing such a wonderful Dr and staff. Thank You a million times! Looking forward to going back in the near future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Laughter is the best medicine during a trying time such as infertility no matter the cause. Dr. Awadalla definitely eases the burden this painful issue through joking. My advice, be cautiously optimistic because if you do not laugh you will cry. You can put your faith in Dr. Awadalla because he will help you through your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the protocols Sherif Awadalla used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
No Birth Control. Start Lupron 10 QD (Sub Q) in PM on Cycle Day 21, CD 32 appointment for blood work and follicle check, continue with Lupron 10 adding Gonal F 150 AQ (Sub Q) in AM on Cycle Day 33. CD 37 another blood work appointment with follicle check. Continue with Gonal F 150 for a total of 10 days from Cycle day 33-43. On CD 41alst blood work up with follicle check. On cycle day 43 Trigger with Ovidrel 250 in PM. CD 44 No Shots. CD 46 - Egg Retrieval Day! 11 retrieved, 5 matured, 5 fertilized. No ICSI, Natural Fertilization. Start Endometrin 100 mgs 3x's per day on CD 47. CD 51 Embryo Transfer of two blastocyst. Two week wait continue with Endometrin. On 12dp5dt beta test results revealed Positive. On 13dp5dt start Endometrin 100 mgs 2x's per day. At 6 weeks of pregnancy attend first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather is an outstanding, compassionate, delightful, warm, personable nurse who made us feel welcome the very first day of our appointment at Institute for Reproductive Health. She immediately introduced herself and waved to us as we were backing out of the parking lot. I had concerns about reasons we were not conceiving this time around she said,"there is no reason based on your medical history IVF should not work because the infertility issue is mechanical." I secretly tested using Clear Blue Easy and told no one not even my husband of the results. The day I had my blood drawn to test my BETA levels, I requested she called me with the results. She called me back with a congratulations. She is literally one of the best nurses I have ever encountered and when we go back we'll definitely request to work with her.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
In terms of weaknesses, I would say the location may be an issue if you are located further away from the Montgomery/Cincinnati area. The cost of IVF is costly enough, but if there was a way for all states to mandate coverage then this would be a benefit to all people out there suffering with infertility. I also think they should have a room set up with a day-care. We found it difficult to find someone to watch our daughter on a Saturday morning to get our first IVF cycle achieved. We ended up taking our daughter with us and my husband went in first while I waited in the car, then I went in. I wanted him to be in the room with me during the retrieval process. One of the best strengths they have is that the team of Drs. and staff work cohesively and show some of the best bedside manner I have ever seen. I would also like to add that they are very patient with you when it comes to the payment process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.
It was $16,500 for the IVF but with insurance it came out to be $1,250 with $100 added quarterly for embryo storage. It was between $1000 to $1,500 for medications.
Treated 2012
When I came to Dr Awadalla I was in a bad place since I had recently experienced 2 failed IVF attempts. I was convinced I would never have children. The first time we met I said something about "if I have a baby" and he said "No, Mrs. K****, when we have a baby". He made me feel like I was his only patient every appointment. He never rushed me, always took extra time and answered all my questions. So very thankful I had the opportunity to be his patient!
I went to both the Northern Ky and Cincinnati offices (mostly Cincinnati) [of IRH] they were both very clean and everyone was very nice. Always willing to explain or answer any questions we had. On the day of the egg retrieval and sperm donation, somehow my husbands appointment did not get put on the schedule! We were understanding since everyone makes mistakes but we also were concerned that he wouldn't be able to do. The staff assured us that they would handle everything and they did. Things went on smoothly and all was well!
My course of treatment went pretty smoothly until after the egg retrieval. That night I was in horrible abdominal pain and could not stand up. It was after hours and I called the emergency line. He immediately called me himself and explained what he thought was happening and asked me to come in the next morning. I drove in from Louisville and sure enough it was what he thought. I had so many eggs removed and the sacs had filled with fluid causing a great deal of pressure. He said if the swelling did not go down we would not be able to the transfer as planned and would have to freeze the embryos. I was devastated to say the least. He asked me to come back in 2 days to re-examine and see how things looked. When I returned he said I looked great and we could go ahead with the transfer, yippee!!! Several weeks later we received a call that we were in fact pregnant, I could not believe it. When we returned back to the office for an ultrasound he said "Well the good news is there is only 2!" I had always imagined myself with twins and thanks to Dr. Awadalla, my dreams were becoming a reality!
For me, the biggest reason we did not see him sooner was location. I am in Louisville and the thought of driving to Cincinnati for all those appointments seemed a little crazy. After 2 unsuccessful IVF attempts with a local Dr, I made the consultation and we drove up. After our first meeting I could have kicked myself for not having seen him sooner. He is the best!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I went to both the Northern Ky and Cincinnati offices (mostly Cincinnati) they were both very clean and everyone was very nice. Always willing to explain or answer any questions we had. On the day of the egg retrieval and sperm donation, somehow my husbands appointment did not get put on the schedule! We were understanding since everyone makes mistakes but we also were concerned that he wouldn't be able to do. The staff assured us that they would handle everything and they did. Things went on smoothly and all was well!
They were high, but not any higher than what we had already paid at a local office.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
My husbands sperm donation appointment did not get scheduled on the day of my egg retrieval. They handled everything very professionally and took are of it all.
Cincinnati
We are going to require ICSI with our IVF and will take birth control leading up to our cycle [with Dr. Sherif Awadalla]...was very down to earth and he shot very straight with us. He made sure we understood what he was telling us and gave great advice to help make our decision easier...was extremely knowledgeable and let us know the potential outcome of many different types of treatments. He had a pleasant bedside manner and spoke very confidently about our treatment options.
She [nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health] answered all of our questions and was very excited for us. We talked for over an hour and she answered every question we had. I learned so much!...The clinic got us in within a month of the request for an appointment. They made special accommodations to see us for education appointment the same weekend because we came from out of town. They were extremely helpful!...
Dr Awadalla was extremely knowledgeable and let us know the potential outcome of many different types of treatments. He had a pleasant bedside manner and spoke very confidently about our treatment options.
Just go for it! He is very honest and will point you in the right direction.
Dr Awadalla was very down to earth and he shot very straight with us. He made sure we understood what he was telling us and gave great advice to help make our decision easier.
We are going to require ICSI with our IVF and will take birth control leading up to our cycle. We will have multiple ultrasounds during the cycle and then start injectables to stimulate the ovaries. Then we will take an antagonist to keep me from ovulating independently. Then the day before the appointment we will do another shot to simulate ovulation and they will retrieve the eggs. 24 hours out they will update us about our embryos. Then 5 days out we will go to implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Olivia)
She answered all of our questions and was very excited for us. We talked for over an hour and she answered every question we had. I learned so much!
Treated 2009 - 2019
When I went to see him [Dr. Awadalla] for the first time, I felt he knew my pain from previous attempts of failed treatments. He showed compassion, understanding, and kindness on all levels of my care. If I needed to cry, he let me cry. If I needed to laugh, we would laugh. I could tell he really wanted to help me become a mother...I completed my last IVF cycle under his care. From start to finish I was never left feeling as if I wasn't in good hands. I always felt confident in the process and his expertise. I had a a lot of questions, and he always tried to explain the answers as best he could.
[The nursing staff at IRH were] Compassionate, caring, understanding. Very knowledgeable about infertility and treatments...25,000 plus for IVF. We have had our embryos frozen for 10 years and we pay yearly fees for them also. Very costly unfortunately...Timely appointments, friendly, minimal wait time. Call backs typically same day. They follow procedures as described. Answer questions completely and don't mind if you have several questions. I never felt rushed.
If you are hesitant, don't be. Consult with him first and he will ease your fears.
When I went to see him for the first time, I felt he knew my pain from previous attempts of failed treatments. He showed compassion, understanding, and kindness on all levels of my care. If I needed to cry, he let me cry. If I needed to laugh, we would laugh. I could tell he really wanted to help me become a mother.
IVF with injections, egg retrieval, then fresh embryo transfer. We transferred 2 5 day embryos that resulted in boy/girl twins. Have 2 frozen embryos left.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe Sherif Awadalla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
None
Cincinnati
I have been happy with Dr Awadalla although I have yet to receive the results I am hoping for. I do wish that he showed a little more compassion for his patients and could slow down a little to listen and explain things.... We began with IUI with Femara for 3 cycles. When that didn’t work I was given the option of IUI with injectibles and Clomid or IVF. We opted for IUI. We underwent one cycle unsuccessfully and were unable to complete the second IUI due to missed ovulation timing.
I really like this clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health-Cincinnati]. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
If you want a doctor who is very straight to the point he’s great. If you want more compassion he may not be the best choice.
He is very straight to the point and often seems rushed. That can come off as making the patient feel like he doesn’t have time for them.
They are very great and friendly!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I really like this clinic. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
My costs were pretty significant. I chalk this more up to my insurance not covering anything related to infertility than the clinic being too expensive or unreasonable.

Treated 2017 - 2018
I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer, and I was not made aware of it until the day before. When I was going through IUI, I was informed a NP would be performing the procedure two days before. ...I requested gonadotropin injections with my IUI, but Dr. Awadalla wouldn’t even consider it. Considering my diagnosis of a diminished ovaryreserve, one would think gonadotropin injections would be standard.
A patient must abide by their set schedule (on the weekends), despite what their body is doing. I do believe this negatively affected my outcomes.....I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer....[Nursing Staff] Very helpful, but they aren’t in charge....I felt like a number. Nothing was scheduled according to what my body was doing.... I was over promised on service, and they under delivered.
I felt like a number. Nothing was scheduled according to what my body was doing. It was all according to their set schedule for retrieval & transfer. Also, all embryos were transferred on day 3. After speaking with other endocrinologists, I learned this was too early. No pregnancies.
??
I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer, and I was not made aware of it until the day before. When I was going through IUI, I was informed a NP would be performing the procedure two days before. I didn’t feel like I had an option in any of my attempts.
I requested gonadotropin injections with my IUI, but Dr. Awadalla wouldn’t even consider it. Considering my diagnosis of a diminished ovaryreserve, one would think gonadotropin injections would be standard. No resulting pregnancy.
Very helpful, but they aren’t in charge. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
A patient must abide by their set schedule (on the weekends), despite what their body is doing. I do believe this negatively affected my outcomes. Make sure you are aware of your options, and if this doctor won’t help you pursue them, seek help elsewhere.
I had a very generous insurance plan, covering 2 complete rounds of IVF. I think this is a reason Dr. Awadalla over promised, as he knew he would be paid full price by my insurance company.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I felt like a number. No F2F with the doctor, & doctor swapping at the last moment. I was over promised on service, and they under delivered.
Cincinnati
Very friendly. Funny. Made me feel very comfortable yet informed.... Very highly recommend. I would recommend him [Dr. Awadalla] to anyone. Really trust him and feel comfortable being in his care....I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance right off the bat. I tried Letrozole but couldn’t ovulate so after ultrasounds confirmed cysts I moved onto injections. I was able to ovulate and had an IUI.... I’ve seen all three docs at IRH and they’re all fantastic.
The Clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is great. The KY office is very small and is where I’ve spent most of my time. The downtown Cinci location is super nice. I think the staff and doctors are great and I highly recommend them.... I did have one nurse be snarky over giving me a sample of follistim over someone else. It was extremely awkward and I had to go way out of my way to get my medication. Sucked. Overall they’re great.... in my first cycle between the medications, ultrasounds, bloodwork and the IUI I’ve spent about $2,000.
Very highly recommend. I would recommend him to anyone. Really trust him and feel comfortable being in his care. I’ve seen all three docs at IRH and they’re all fantastic. The Clinic staff is friendly and helpful. It is a very nice atmosphere and they treat you like a person—not a number.
Be patient with as it can be a long process but you’re in great hands.
Very friendly. Funny. Made me feel very comfortable yet informed.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance right off the bat. I tried Letrozole but couldn’t ovulate so after ultrasounds confirmed cysts I moved onto injections. I was able to ovulate and had an IUI. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage so now I am having weekly bloodwork as I wait for hormone levels to drop so I can start a new cycle. The doctors at IRH informed me of the chances of a miscarriage and have handled my care very well afterward. They remained positive and upbeat which really helped me feel better.
Overall they’ve been great. I did have one nurse be snarky over giving me a sample of follistim over someone else. It was extremely awkward and I had to go way out of my way to get my medication. Sucked. Overall they’re great.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The Clinic is great. The KY office is very small and is where I’ve spent most of my time. The downtown Cinci location is super nice. I think the staff and doctors are great and I highly recommend them.
Treated 2017 - 2018
he [Dr. Awadalla] is very welcoming and nice. doesn't just speak about the medical terms and asks about work and our day. he makes us feel like not just a patient. one visit I did feel rushed thru my ultrasound. I left thinking of questions I should have asked, but didn't think about them until later. I wish he had gone in more detail about what each thing meant I the ultrasound and what to expect in the future.
hard to talk to someone on the phone [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. always have to leave a voicemail. receptionist is pleasantly nice and welcoming. nursing staff is amazing and makes you feel comfortable. I like that the sperm wash is right next to the fertility clinic...[nurses had] great bedside manner. very compassionate and understanding. they describe what's next and exactly what to do. even when I had severe cramping and called them, they walked me thru every thing that could have been wrong, and were very supportive
he is very welcoming and nice. doesn't just speak about the medical terms and asks about work and our day. he makes us feel like not just a patient. one visit I did feel rushed thru my ultrasound. I left thinking of questions I should have asked, but didn't think about them until later. I wish he had gone in more detail about what each thing meant I the ultrasound and what to expect in the future.
he small talks, and makes jokes. he doesn't just talk about the medical part of it, and makes me feel like he sincerely cares.
started me on metformin before iui cycles began. low carb diet. be best to lose 20lbs. after 2nd iui produced no follicles, he upped my dosage to 3 pills of femera that same cycle, and tried again. now for my 3rd iui I'm on 3 femeras again.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
hard to talk to someone on the phone. always have to leave a voicemail. receptionist is pleasantly nice and welcoming. nursing staff is amazing and makes you feel comfortable. I like that the sperm wash is right next to the fertility clinic
ultrasounds each about $100 each visit $50 copay iui $500 sperm wash $225 ovidrel $92 femera $10
Treated 2012 - 2017
Dr Awadalla has been fairly attentive to questions, as well as the staff. Nurses were great. Only problem I had was finding out I had an autoimmune disease in the middle of IUI cycle and felt like he blew this off some calling it "mild arthritis " which I am told is closer to being lupus. This was after failing many IUI's and a failed IVF with no frozens that made it. So we felt very lost and no good reason why nothing we have tried worked.
[It] WOULD be helpful to have someone clinical available [at Institute for Reproductive Health] to answer phone calls, especially when it's urgent. As of now you have to leave a message and wait for return call... 4 IUI with clinic and ovidrel with hubbys sperm which did not work. Moved into IVF with gonal F and cetriotide...retrieved 8 eggs (I think) and all fertilized with husbands sperm but only 2 progressed...transferred those on day 3 and this did not work. Tried 2 IUI with gonal F and donor sperm, still negative. Did laparoscopic surgery to check for endometriosis and PCOS...only mild narrowing at opening of left tube. Did 3 more with donor sperm and gonal F and still nothing.
We are emotional messes. Just listen to our concerns bc they are very real to us. He has all the knowledge but we may know what he's thinking.
Answered questions, didn't feel rushed.
Answered all questions and very compassionate and patient.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
WOULD be helpful to have someone clinical available to answer phone calls, especially when it's urgent. As of now you have to leave a message and wait for return call.
Comparatively it's cost effective.
None
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Awadalla always knew who we were and what our goals were. He was upbeat and positive but also realistic...He seemed blunt at first but after the initial consultation was very kind, empathetic and encouraging! He showed compassion when I was upset about not being able to get pregnant on our own and also knew when to keep the mood light...IVF fresh cycle (twin pregnancy and birth). 2.5 years later we did a frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a live Singleton birth.
[The nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health were] Amazing, knowledgeable and compassionate...IRH is very organized and there is someone always there to answer questions. They returned calls quickly and is even open during weekends. I had to call in a Saturday afternoon and got ahold of the doctor. Appointments were always running on time. The waiting area and clinic area is clean and private.
Dr. Awadalla was very up front about the end goal of treatment, to have a baby. He seemed blunt at first but after the initial consultation was very kind, empathetic and encouraging! He showed compassion when I was upset about not being able to get pregnant on our own and also knew when to keep the mood light.
Let him do what he does best. He may seem blunt during initial consultation but is now someone we consider family.
IUI with Olvidrel for two months. Then IVF fresh cycle (twin pregnancy and birth). 2.5 years later we did a frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a live Singleton birth.
Amazing, knowledgeable and compassionate
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I don't remember exactly costs but I do know that we were given rebates on several medications that were very helpful!
Dr. Awadalla said the choice would be ours. When the time came to do our first transfer he suggested two embryos and we had decided we we're ok with that and actually wanted to try for two. With our frozen cycle we only had one embryo left so we did not have any other choice.
Treated 2015
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was very knowledge. Listened to our history and what we had already been through. Was very honest and up front with our chances and risks. He understood what we had invested in our treatment. He was so excited to see our embryo and transfer for us. When I went in to our first ulteasound he was so positive and encouraging. When we went back, I was worried there would be no heartbeat and he celebrated with us when we heard that beautiful sound.
[IRH-Cincinnati is] Very organized and efficient. Works with your bodies schedule and not a time schedule. I was seen on the weekends when I needed to be cycle wise. Always courteous and compassionate. Everyone is so knowledgeable. The multiple offices were great for out of town patients like myself. They coordinated with clinics close to me for blood draws etc so I didn’t have to make the trip up as frequently.
He was very knowledge. Listened to our history and what we had already been through. Was very honest and up front with our chances and risks. He understood what we had invested in our treatment. He was so excited to see our embryo and transfer for us. When I went in to our first ulteasound he was so positive and encouraging. When we went back, I was worried there would be no heartbeat and he celebrated with us when we heard that beautiful sound.
Take things one step at a time. Day by day, moment by moment.
Our opinion mattered always listened Sat down with us outside of an exam room
Very compassionate. Always able to answer questions when asked. Prompt in calling back and calming fears
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
We were thankful to have insurance coverage so we paid 20% out of pocket until we reached our out of pocket max.
He was very adamant about transferring a single embryo. Was very up front with the risks of multiples. I ended up in preterm labor at 27 weeks with our Singleton and was so thankful I wasn’t carrying multiples at the time.
Treated 2015 - 2018
About $1000 for an IUI cycle with meds [at Institute for Reproductive Health]...I don’t like how hard it is to get someone on the phone, but they do call back quickly. Overall the wait times in the waiting room are good and they’re fast. It’s clean, they have lots of apportionments...I felt like Dr Awadalla was very kind, but also very brief/quick in his visits with us...They’re [nurses] so kind!
He is very knowledge and wise, he has done this for many years. I do believe he cares about his patients and the outcomes. His bedside manner isn’t always the greatest, sometimes he seems rushed. Our first ultrasound with our first successful IUI, Dr. Awadalla didn’t even say hi to or acknowledge my husband. So in that way, you sort of feel like a number. When we came back to try for our second child, i did three IUI cycles that all failed. He continued to keep the same protocol. I called and asked if we could do injectable medications for my 4th cycle. The nurse asked him and he agreed. I’m now 18 weeks with twins. That was a little frustrating, but he has so many patients...i guess just be proactive in your own treatment and ask for things if you think it would be a good avenue to explore. Overall i really liked working with Dr. Awadalla.
They’re so kind!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
About $1000 for an IUI cycle with meds.
Treated 2017
Dr. Awadalla always asked how we were doing. He came up and talked to me about things in other parts of my life. He was always positive. Very down to earth. Never condescending... He always assured me that I could have a baby and never used any type of alarmist language to get me to agree to a treatment...He is just a good person. I felt comfortable with him from day 1. He never had a negative or discouraging thing to say. Not ever. He genuinely cares about his patients and that shows.
It [Institute for Reproductive Health] was convienent, there was plenty of space for privacy, and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. There were 3 locations of which 2 were convenient to me. 1 of the offices did most of the treatments. They are open on Saturdays...Some of the nurses were fantastic and others of them were very distant and not super friendly...$5000 for the 3 treatments [of IUI]...Dr. Awadalla always asked how we were doing. He came up and talked to me about things in other parts of my life.
He is just a good person. I felt comfortable with him from day 1. He never had a negative or discouraging thing to say. Not ever. He genuinely cares about his patients and that shows. From the initial consultation through my last pregnancy ultrasound he was the greatest doctor and advocate. At 33 my AMH levels were incredibly low. He never used those words. He would just say “I’d like to see them here.” He always assured me that I could have a baby and never used any type of alarmist language to get me to agree to a treatment.
Just let him help you and do whatever he says to do.
I took femara, injected the trigger shot after we confirmed ovulation with an ultrasound, and then went back for the IUI
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
It was convienent, there was plenty of space for privacy, and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. There were 3 locations of which 2 were convenient to me. 1 of the offices did most of the treatments. They are open on Saturdays.
$5000 for the 3 treatments
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Awadalla is great, and we enjoyed working with him. He gets straight to the point, but is not harsh or callous. ... He is positive and optimistic and encouraging... He called us personally with results and was willing to spend time with us answering any and all questions.... IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400.
RH is attentive to each patients needs, and work to ensure timely and efficient appointments, but because of that, we often had to see other doctors from the practice. We also treated out of state about 2 hours away so the clinic has a satellite office that also contributed to us having to see other doctors. ... IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400.
Dr. Awadalla is great, and we enjoyed working with him. He gets straight to the point, but is not harsh or callous. IRH is attentive to each patients needs, and work to ensure timely and efficient appointments, but because of that, we often had to see other doctors from the practice. We also treated out of state about 2 hours away so the clinic has a satellite office that also contributed to us having to see other doctors. He is positive and optimistic and encouraging.
Relax. Ask questions.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Clean, organized, professional, efficient, and courteous
IVF meds: Gonal F (250 per day), Menopur 75 (1 vial/day), Cetrotide (5-7 days), and Ovidrel (trigger shot-1) for 14 days, using Cash prices at Freedom Pharmacy, was approximately $4400. IVF w/ICSI w/ Cigna HRA insurance ($10,000 lifetime max fertility coverage including IVF) was approximately $2500. Insurance covered IVF about 80/20.
Treated 2014 - 2017
He [Dr. Awadalla] was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me...I was on over 200 iu of follostim... until I was at IRH I never ovulated. I only had one cycle that was cancelled because if over stimulation...Your doctor is very knowledgeable...He would set a plan in place & follow through. I felt like he would listen to my concerns & let me decide what would be best with the help of his advice. He wasn't afraid of being aggressive with treatment. He was very proactive about my care.
I drive 3 hours to this clinic [Inst for Repro Health - Cinci]. They have an amazing ART lab staff & the nurses are all very compassionate....[Nursing Staff] Amazing! They are the most compassionate people I know. They will hug you as you cry, call to check on you after treatments. Always full of hope for you...Money back cycle (3 fresh IVF w/Isci, 3frozen transfers) $18,000...He [Dr. Awadalla] was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me.
Your doctor is very knowledgeable & is the best in his area. However, you do need to be your own advocate for your care to.
He was very understanding & knowledgeable about my condition. He was very aggressive about treatment & knew the best plan of action for me.
I was on over 200 iu of follostim, my last doctor never had me in that high of medicine. However, until I was at IRH I never ovulated. I only had one cycle that was cancelled because if over stimulation.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I drive 3 hours to this clinic. They have an amazing ART lab staff & the nurses are all very compassionate.
Money back cycle (3 fresh IVF w/Isci, 3frozen transfers) $18,000
We were in the same page with embryo transfers. Our first one was a single & the rest we transferred two.
Treated 2016
He [Dr. Awadalla] was super confident, and seemed nonchalant, but he was truly the best fertility doctor we have seen. He guaranteed positive results and followed through.... Its been a few years, but he always did my ultrasounds and adjusted medications based on the results. He also used ultrasound to guide him with the embryo transfer which is different from our previous fertility doctors.... Took time out to clearly explain our situation and he was honest
They [Institute for Repro Health- Cincinnati] was always helpful and compassionate. The only thing I didn't like was they don't have a receptionist to answer phone calls.... had to leave a voicemail every time I called. All and all was a great staff of nurses, always nice and compassionate. They seemed very educated and helpful....We did the bundle package including 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers.... [Dr. Awadalla] Took time out to clearly explain our situation and he was honest
He was super confident, and seemed nonchalant, but he was truly the best fertility doctor we have seen. He guaranteed positive results and followed through. Will be going to him again for baby number 2.
Trust in him, he knows his practice very well!
Took time out to clearly explain our situation and he was honest
They was always helpful and compassionate. The only thing I didn't like was they don't have a receptionist to answer phone calls. I had to always leave a voicemail
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Didn't like not getting a person when calling the office, had to leave a voicemail every time I called. All and all was a great staff of nurses, always nice and compassionate. They seemed very educated and helpful.
We did the bundle package including 3 fresh and 3 frozen transfers. I can't recall the exact cost
Treated 2009 - 2013
He [Dr. Awadalla] was amazing. Caring but stern. Didn’t mince words but didn’t intentionally hurt... Can’t say enough positive about him. He’s kind, compassionate, caring and an expert in what he does.... We came in and tried ivf first. We had failed 3 (at least) iui at another institution. Our embryo quality was never very good. He went back and tried iui mainly to try increases in ovarian stimulation to see if this would help my wife. AND IT DID!
They [Institute for Reproductive Health] used to run a little late. But it is worth the wait!... Clinic is professional, and staff makes everything smooth.... [Nursing Staff] Always available. Tireless. Some of the most compassionate and caring people ever. Answered calls in the middle of the night after failed attempts. Just amazing... He [Dr. Awadalla] was amazing. Caring but stern. Didn’t mince words but didn’t intentionally hurt
Can’t say enough positive about him. He’s kind, compassionate, caring and an expert in what he does. I have to use 200 characters but think what I have said sums it up. So I guess I have to keep talking. What next.
Know that he is working for your best interests.
He was amazing. Caring but stern. Didn’t mince words but didn’t intentionally hurt
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
They used to run a little late. But it is worth the wait! Again, have to use 200 characters. Not sure what else to say. Clinic is professional, and staff makes everything smooth. How many more characters to go? I really don’t know
Don’t remember. It was out of pocket though
Nothing to say
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] is very kind and has thorough knowledge of the procedures he performs. He was genuinely happy for us when became pregnant. He was honest and did not sugar coat things. He was very optimistic about our outcome, very encouraging.... I felt like a human. He was straight to the point but when we were successful he was very happy for us.
The nurses at IRH are the best nurses I have ever been in the care of. They are incredibly kind, compassionate, and caring.... We only wanted 1 embryo transferred, even though they normally do 2, but they let us decide.... The front desk has a weakness of loosing medical records that we had to mail to them because we couldn't send them electronically. They then acted like it was not a big deal and more of our problem.
He is very kind and has thorough knowledge of the procedures he performs. He was genuinely happy for us when became pregnant. He was honest and did not sugar coat things. He was very optimistic about our outcome, very encouraging.
Go see him!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
About $15,000 for our first IVF cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The only issue was the front desk loosing a set of my medical records that had personal information in them.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Awadalla always treated me like I was the only patient that mattered. All my questions were answered and any concerns taken into account. He would call me at home if I needed to talk to him. He was very compassionate and just had the best bedside manor.... He always sat down and talked everything through with us. He was very down to earth and understanding.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health- CIncinnati] was very well ran. You never had to wait a long time to be seen for your appointment. If you called to ask a question I always got a return call quickly. The staff never made you feel like you called to ask something silly. They made everything easy for me even living over an hour away. They would do their best to schedule appointments that worked with my schedule
He will do everything he can to give you your miracle. Listen to him and you are in very good hands.
I had seen another dr prior so we went to injectables plus Fumera since just fumera wasnt working.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic was very well ran. You never had to wait a long time to be seen for your appointment. If you called to ask a question I always got a return call quickly. The staff never made you feel like you called to ask something silly. They made everything easy for me even living over an hour away. They would do their best to schedule appointments that worked with my schedule
I think iui was $200 and sperm wash was $150
Treated 2015
I couldn't have asked for a better Dr [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] during this whole experience. He had no doubt at all with my situation and was very optimistic. I felt positive about everything once I talk to him the first time. I would absolutely go back to him again as well as refer others to him...I was put on Birth Control for about a month then I had to take Follistim shots and then the trigger shot when it was time , then egg retrieval, then 5 days later transfer...Very optimistic, very detailed in explaining things, made me feel at ease.
Overall a very good clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health], not real sure I would consider them having a weakness, I had very good experience with each and every visit...I was put on Birth Control for about a month then I had to take Follistim shots and then the trigger shot when it was time , then egg retrieval, then 5 days later transfer...[nurses were] Friendly, and explained things well.
Most amazing Dr, I couldn't have asked for a better Dr during this whole experience. He had no doubt at all with my situation and was very optimistic. I felt positive about everything once I talk to him the first time. I would absolutely go back to him again as well as refer others to him.
Trust him, he's very good at what he does and he absolutely knows what he's doing and talking about .
Very optimistic, very detailed in explaining things, made me feel at ease.
Friendly, and explained things well.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Overall a very good clinic, not real sure I would consider them having a weakness, I had very good experience with each and every visit
Florence
Treated 2011 - 2013
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was amazing! He has a great bedside manner, is compassionate and fully explained the individual plan and what risk was involved. He has been doing what he does for almost as long as I've been alive and is great at it. I'm so thankful for him and his entire staff!... The staff including all the doctors, nurses, assistants and office personnel really enjoy helping others make their own little families. They show it in the care they provide.
Nurse Penny [at the Institute for Reproductive Health] took the time to always answer questions and would help me calm down when upset about things. She went through it herself so she understood more than most what we all felt and were going through. She is absolutely amazing!... The staff including all the doctors, nurses, assistants and office personnel really enjoy helping others make their own little families. They show it in the care they provide.
He was amazing! He has a great bedside manner, is compassionate and fully explained the individual plan and what risk was involved. He has been doing what he does for almost as long as I've been alive and is great at it. I'm so thankful for him and his entire staff!
Make sure you ask questions if you don't understand anything. He is patient and will answer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Penny)
Nurse Penny took the time to always answer questions and would help me calm down when upset about things. She went through it herself so she understood more than most what we all felt and were going through. She is absolutely amazing!
Cincinnati

Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s [Dr. Awadalla] not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos...communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited...Overall a great experience with great people.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] Strengths: up to date treatment and equipment, skilled and experienced doctors, amazing nurses Weaknesses: communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited Overall a great experience with great people...[Nursing Staff] Amazing. So good at returning calls and making me feel like no question was dumb. Best part of this clinic for sure.
Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos.
Bring questions you have so you can ask when you get the chance with him.
Treated 2016 - 2018
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla was] Sincere. Helpful. Honest...He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that...A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise...Great experience...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF... It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
[Nurses at the Institute for Reproductive Health were] Helpful. Thorough. Available...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000...It’s a long drive for us bc we live in Louisville. It’s clean and comfortable. We went to the Florence clinic at times but could not perform transfers at this clinic which is unfortunate. I would rate the clinic higher if the Florence office was available for transfers...A lot was based on weight. So he [Dr. Awadalla] recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Great experience just want my wife to be pregnant It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end. He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that
Be patient
Sincere. Helpful. Honest
A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Helpful. Thorough. Available
Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000
Single embryo transfer but will discuss multiple transfers on March 19th
Treated 2014 - 2015
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was an amazing doctor who took the time to fully make me understand everything he was doing. When I had my tubal pregnancy and found out there was no heart beat at our 6 week appointment, he was so empathetic and compassionate on how he delivered the news to us. He also explained to us to not lose hope and to continue in our journey of attempting to have a child, because he could not see any reason as to why our dreams could not come true.
The nurses [at Institute for Reproductive Health were] very knowledgeable and were very empathetic to every patient walking through that door...There was just a time that I was waiting on my blood test results and I had to contact the clinic to get those results a few days later, because noone called me back...About $14,000.00 for 4 IUI's not included the cost of the 2 surgeries needed...The clinic was okay, but it did have some things that became annoying. There would be times that you would have to contact them for a question that you needed an answer for and it would take multiple voicemails to get them to contact you back. The billing department left something to be desired as there were sometimes I called to ask a question and their was one lady who was really short and rude on the phone. I just chalked it up to them just being busy
Sherif Awadalla was one of the best doctors we could of asked for. Before my wife and I went on this journey we did all the research possible to find the best doctor in the city. When Dr. Awadalla's name kept popping up we knew we had to do everything possible to get in with this doctor. The first time we met him he came into the room with just this ball of energy that made you feel hopeful that this could really happen when he left your room. When the 1st time we did an IUI and it did not take, he was determined to find out why or what could of went wrong. It turns out I had polyps inside my uterus that need to be taken care of, before we tried again. Dr. Awadalla explain in a very compassionate manner that if I did not have this procedure then even if I did become pregnant it would never take and I would end up losing our child. I had the procedure in the hospital to remove these polyps and Dr. Awadalla made me feel comfortable and assured me we were doing the right thing. After having a few cycles once the polyps were removed my wife and I decide we would go back and try for our 2nd time. Unfortunately the 2nd time did not result in a positive pregnancy test. We immediately went back for our 3rd IUI, this time after the 2 week wait and I still had not had my cycle we contacted the staff at IRH to inform them and to ask for a blood test to confirm. When we went in the nurses there were so amazing and willing to help with anything we needed and constantly offered their support. Once I received the results of my st blood test the nurse called back and provided me with my results, but informed me they were very low and she was concerned it could be a chemical pregnancy, but that she wanted me to come back in for another blood draw the following week. We went in the following week and we were provided with our results and they had done what was needed and doubled. We could not help but feel so blessed and lucky to only have 3 tries via IUI to get that positive test. We scheduled our 6 week ultra sound appointment to see the babies heartbeat. 6 weeks seemed to take forever, but we finally made it. I went into the room with my wife and we waited for Dr. Awadalla to come into my room to perform the ultrasound. After about 5 mins which seemed like an eternity he came into the room with this amazing energy. He was performing the ultrasound and my wife and I were staring at the screen just looking for anything that looked like a flutter of a heartbeat. The only thing we seen was a black screen. I looked at Dr. Awadalla and you could see by the look on his face what he was seeing was not good. My wife and I immediately started crying because we knew in the bottom of our hearts the news was not good. After about 20 mins Dr. Awadalla asked me to get dressed and to meet him in his office. Once in his office he came in and offered his condolences and went into further explanation that I had infact had a tubal pregnancy and will need to have emergency surgery to remove it. This was on a Thursday and he informed that his staff would schedule everything for tomorrow and contact me with all of the details. Later that afternoon a nurse contacted me and apologized for what we were going through and then went on to explain every detail of the procedure and when and where I needed to show up. The next day at the hospital Dr. Awadalla came into my room prior to the surgery and explained everything again and made sure we understood everything. After this 3rd IUI that did not result in a live birth we need a break emotionally and financially, so we took almost 2 years off. Finally if I am honest I just wanted to see what would happen on our last vial of donor sperm, so I knew how we needed to proceed with expanding our family. We made a consult appointment with Dr. Awadalla again and he provided me with all the answers to my questions and we decided to proceed forward. He informed me on how to take all of my medication and to contact the office on the 1st day my cycle. I did this and set up everything with him on how and when we would inseminate. When it came to the date of insemination Dr. Awadalla was out of the office and on vacation and Dr. Burwinkle performed the insemination. 2 weeks later I had a strong positive pregnancy test still not trying to get to excited I scheduled for my blood work which came back just as they wanted to see. Then we were able to once again schedule our 6 week ultra sound. This time we did not go to this appointment alone. My wife and I were so nervous since this is the point we found out that it was tubal and we could not do it again alone. We had both of our parents in the room with us when we first saw our daughters heartbeat and we could finally cry tears of joy.
To take his advice and to do everything he says, he knows what he is talking about.
He was an amazing doctor who took the time to fully make me understand everything he was doing. When I had my tubal pregnancy and found out there was no heart beat at our 6 week appointment, he was so empathetic and compassionate on how he delivered the news to us. He also explained to us to not lose hope and to continue in our journey of attempting to have a child, because he could not see any reason as to why our dreams could not come true.
1st IUI-no medication, resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Found polyps in my uterus and had those removed 2nd IUI-Medication start taking a pill on day 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Negative pregnancy test result. 3rd IUI-Medication start taking a pill on day 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Positive pregnancy test resulted but it ended up being a tubal pregnancy. 4th IUI-Medication start taking pill on days 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Positive pregnancy test resulted in a live birth in December of 2015
The nurses we very knowledgeable and were very empathetic to every patient walking through that door.
About $14,000.00 for 4 IUI's not included the cost of the 2 surgeries needed
Treated 2014 - 2019
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla] took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important...will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.
[Dr. Awadalla at IRH will] provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path)...he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla was knowledgeable and efficient. I felt confident in his expertise and the quality of care after he gave us a book he wrote and explained the way their lab runs and the safeguards they have in place to provide the best possible care, every day of the week.
Have questions ready. He'll provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path).
He worked quickly but was engaging, knowledgeable, and took time to answer every question.
It's been almost two years since my first round of IVF (preparing for FET with one of 9 embryos), so I don't remember the specific protocols. I do know that what he recommended was successful and that he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.