6.9

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

2011 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was amazing! He has a great bedside manner, is compassionate and fully explained the individual plan and what risk was involved. He has been doing what he does for almost as long as I've been alive and is great at it. I'm so thankful for him and his entire staff!... The staff including all the doctors, nurses, assistants and office personnel really enjoy helping others make their own little families. They show it in the care they provide.
Nurse Penny [at the Institute for Reproductive Health] took the time to always answer questions and would help me calm down when upset about things. She went through it herself so she understood more than most what we all felt and were going through. She is absolutely amazing!... The staff including all the doctors, nurses, assistants and office personnel really enjoy helping others make their own little families. They show it in the care they provide.
How was your experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
He was amazing! He has a great bedside manner, is compassionate and fully explained the individual plan and what risk was involved. He has been doing what he does for almost as long as I've been alive and is great at it. I'm so thankful for him and his entire staff!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Make sure you ask questions if you don't understand anything. He is patient and will answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Penny)
Nurse Penny took the time to always answer questions and would help me calm down when upset about things. She went through it herself so she understood more than most what we all felt and were going through. She is absolutely amazing!
Cincinnati

Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s [Dr. Awadalla] not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos...communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited...Overall a great experience with great people.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] Strengths: up to date treatment and equipment, skilled and experienced doctors, amazing nurses Weaknesses: communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited Overall a great experience with great people...[Nursing Staff] Amazing. So good at returning calls and making me feel like no question was dumb. Best part of this clinic for sure.
Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos.
Bring questions you have so you can ask when you get the chance with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Cincinnati
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla was] Sincere. Helpful. Honest...He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that...A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise...Great experience...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF... It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
[Nurses at the Institute for Reproductive Health were] Helpful. Thorough. Available...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000...It’s a long drive for us bc we live in Louisville. It’s clean and comfortable. We went to the Florence clinic at times but could not perform transfers at this clinic which is unfortunate. I would rate the clinic higher if the Florence office was available for transfers...A lot was based on weight. So he [Dr. Awadalla] recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Great experience just want my wife to be pregnant It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end. He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that
Be patient
Sincere. Helpful. Honest
Describe the protocols Sherif Awadalla used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Helpful. Thorough. Available
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000
Describe Sherif Awadalla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Single embryo transfer but will discuss multiple transfers on March 19th
Cincinnati

[Dr. Sherif Awadalla] is very friendly and makes you feel like he's known you his whole life. He definitely has all of the procedures "down to a science" but you can tell that he cares about patient happiness/success as well. He's comfortable to talk to and his experience/confidence in this field makes me believe he will lead me down the right path...presents the facts and leaves the decisions up to you.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] has so much experience and has had so many pregnancies, I do believe they have the best intentions in mind. At first, I did not like that they were suggesting IVF so soon. That's a big step for couples to take and we knew we could not afford it. However I think Dr. Awadalla knows from experience and historical data what to suggest when, and what is going to get us to pregnancy the quickest.
Dr. Awadalla is very friendly and makes you feel like he's known you his whole life. He definitely has all of the procedures "down to a science" but you can tell that he cares about patient happiness/success as well. He's comfortable to talk to and his experience/confidence in this field makes me believe he will lead me down the right path.
Stay open minded, Dr. Awadalla is going to suggest the path that will lead to pregnancy.
In general I feel like women's health care personnel are very caring and considerate. Dr. Awadalla and the team and IRH understand the struggle of infertility and do what they can to make sure your needs are met.
Dr. Awadalla suggested we do 3 IUI's and from there potentially move into IVF. We had 3 unsuccessful, but didn't know if we were ready for IVF. We took a break, did more IUI's unsuccessfully, and now were back to Dr. Awadalla for IVF.
I love the nursing staff at IRH. They're there to support you and meet your needs.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
IRH has so much experience and has had so many pregnancies, I do believe they have the best intentions in mind. At first, I did not like that they were suggesting IVF so soon. That's a big step for couples to take and we knew we could not afford it. However I think Dr. Awadalla knows from experience and historical data what to suggest when, and what is going to get us to pregnancy the quickest.
IUI's were maybe a couple hundred dollars with some covered by insurance If we are to do a frozen cycle for IVF with medication and the cost of freezing the embryo it will be around 6,000
Dr. Awadalla presents the facts and leaves the decisions up to you.

2014 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was an amazing doctor who took the time to fully make me understand everything he was doing. When I had my tubal pregnancy and found out there was no heart beat at our 6 week appointment, he was so empathetic and compassionate on how he delivered the news to us. He also explained to us to not lose hope and to continue in our journey of attempting to have a child, because he could not see any reason as to why our dreams could not come true.
The nurses [at Institute for Reproductive Health were] very knowledgeable and were very empathetic to every patient walking through that door...There was just a time that I was waiting on my blood test results and I had to contact the clinic to get those results a few days later, because noone called me back...About $14,000.00 for 4 IUI's not included the cost of the 2 surgeries needed...The clinic was okay, but it did have some things that became annoying. There would be times that you would have to contact them for a question that you needed an answer for and it would take multiple voicemails to get them to contact you back. The billing department left something to be desired as there were sometimes I called to ask a question and their was one lady who was really short and rude on the phone. I just chalked it up to them just being busy
Sherif Awadalla was one of the best doctors we could of asked for. Before my wife and I went on this journey we did all the research possible to find the best doctor in the city. When Dr. Awadalla's name kept popping up we knew we had to do everything possible to get in with this doctor. The first time we met him he came into the room with just this ball of energy that made you feel hopeful that this could really happen when he left your room. When the 1st time we did an IUI and it did not take, he was determined to find out why or what could of went wrong. It turns out I had polyps inside my uterus that need to be taken care of, before we tried again. Dr. Awadalla explain in a very compassionate manner that if I did not have this procedure then even if I did become pregnant it would never take and I would end up losing our child. I had the procedure in the hospital to remove these polyps and Dr. Awadalla made me feel comfortable and assured me we were doing the right thing. After having a few cycles once the polyps were removed my wife and I decide we would go back and try for our 2nd time. Unfortunately the 2nd time did not result in a positive pregnancy test. We immediately went back for our 3rd IUI, this time after the 2 week wait and I still had not had my cycle we contacted the staff at IRH to inform them and to ask for a blood test to confirm. When we went in the nurses there were so amazing and willing to help with anything we needed and constantly offered their support. Once I received the results of my st blood test the nurse called back and provided me with my results, but informed me they were very low and she was concerned it could be a chemical pregnancy, but that she wanted me to come back in for another blood draw the following week. We went in the following week and we were provided with our results and they had done what was needed and doubled. We could not help but feel so blessed and lucky to only have 3 tries via IUI to get that positive test. We scheduled our 6 week ultra sound appointment to see the babies heartbeat. 6 weeks seemed to take forever, but we finally made it. I went into the room with my wife and we waited for Dr. Awadalla to come into my room to perform the ultrasound. After about 5 mins which seemed like an eternity he came into the room with this amazing energy. He was performing the ultrasound and my wife and I were staring at the screen just looking for anything that looked like a flutter of a heartbeat. The only thing we seen was a black screen. I looked at Dr. Awadalla and you could see by the look on his face what he was seeing was not good. My wife and I immediately started crying because we knew in the bottom of our hearts the news was not good. After about 20 mins Dr. Awadalla asked me to get dressed and to meet him in his office. Once in his office he came in and offered his condolences and went into further explanation that I had infact had a tubal pregnancy and will need to have emergency surgery to remove it. This was on a Thursday and he informed that his staff would schedule everything for tomorrow and contact me with all of the details. Later that afternoon a nurse contacted me and apologized for what we were going through and then went on to explain every detail of the procedure and when and where I needed to show up. The next day at the hospital Dr. Awadalla came into my room prior to the surgery and explained everything again and made sure we understood everything. After this 3rd IUI that did not result in a live birth we need a break emotionally and financially, so we took almost 2 years off. Finally if I am honest I just wanted to see what would happen on our last vial of donor sperm, so I knew how we needed to proceed with expanding our family. We made a consult appointment with Dr. Awadalla again and he provided me with all the answers to my questions and we decided to proceed forward. He informed me on how to take all of my medication and to contact the office on the 1st day my cycle. I did this and set up everything with him on how and when we would inseminate. When it came to the date of insemination Dr. Awadalla was out of the office and on vacation and Dr. Burwinkle performed the insemination. 2 weeks later I had a strong positive pregnancy test still not trying to get to excited I scheduled for my blood work which came back just as they wanted to see. Then we were able to once again schedule our 6 week ultra sound. This time we did not go to this appointment alone. My wife and I were so nervous since this is the point we found out that it was tubal and we could not do it again alone. We had both of our parents in the room with us when we first saw our daughters heartbeat and we could finally cry tears of joy.
To take his advice and to do everything he says, he knows what he is talking about.
He was an amazing doctor who took the time to fully make me understand everything he was doing. When I had my tubal pregnancy and found out there was no heart beat at our 6 week appointment, he was so empathetic and compassionate on how he delivered the news to us. He also explained to us to not lose hope and to continue in our journey of attempting to have a child, because he could not see any reason as to why our dreams could not come true.
1st IUI-no medication, resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Found polyps in my uterus and had those removed 2nd IUI-Medication start taking a pill on day 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Negative pregnancy test result. 3rd IUI-Medication start taking a pill on day 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Positive pregnancy test resulted but it ended up being a tubal pregnancy. 4th IUI-Medication start taking pill on days 4-7 of my cycle and go into the office and he would tell me what day to inject the time ovulation drug. Positive pregnancy test resulted in a live birth in December of 2015
The nurses we very knowledgeable and were very empathetic to every patient walking through that door.
About $14,000.00 for 4 IUI's not included the cost of the 2 surgeries needed
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
2014 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla] took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important...will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.
[Dr. Awadalla at IRH will] provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path)...he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla was knowledgeable and efficient. I felt confident in his expertise and the quality of care after he gave us a book he wrote and explained the way their lab runs and the safeguards they have in place to provide the best possible care, every day of the week.
Have questions ready. He'll provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path).
He worked quickly but was engaging, knowledgeable, and took time to answer every question.
It's been almost two years since my first round of IVF (preparing for FET with one of 9 embryos), so I don't remember the specific protocols. I do know that what he recommended was successful and that he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.
Sherif Awadalla

Dr. Awadalla was kind during each treatment. He was realistic about outcomes and what to expect. Prior to diagnosing an ectopic pregnancy, he explained the process of lab work and the possible results. He was honest about what may happen before, during, and after surgery...I would tell a prospective patient to be patient. You may not get the results you are hoping for right away...During an IUI treatment, the first step is to take an ovulation medication (such as Femara) to stimulate ovulation. Next, an ultrasound is scheduled to view potential mature eggs. An injection (such as Ovidrel) is scheduled to be given to release a mature egg. Within 24-48 hours the patient returns for the insemination. Then the 2 week wait begins before a pregnancy test is taken to determine if the patient is pregnant.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way...without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900...All staff in the clinic were friendly and honest with us throughout the entire process. They made us feel comfortable and respected our privacy. They were understanding and compassionate. I felt confident in decision making and well informed about the risks and benefits.
The nursing staff were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Insurance paid for some of the costs but without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900.
Cincinnati
He [Dr. Awadalla] always appeared laid back and never in a rush, took time to get to known us, validated our feelings and was very proactive on giving us information... The whole team (all 3 MDs, nurses, financial department, front office) was compassionate, professional, thorough and we felt like old friends. Exactly what you need going through a vulnerable experience such as infertility
Beautiful facilities (cincy and florence offices [of IRH]) easy to navigate and access. We felt first class being there! Always clean, wonderful education materials were available (support group info, etc). Never a crowded wait room, which I felt more comfortable in for confidentiality reasons.... [the nurses were] Welcoming, compassionate and always called same day to answer questions or to clarify a process. Very thorough in details of how to administer meds, great educational approaches (verbally and wrote out detailed instructions) and allowed time for questions
Don’t wait to make an appt! We tried 2 local doctors before considering this practice and it was night and day difference! Wish we had started with them from the beginning. Drs. Scheiber and Burwinkle were also top notch! Having a team is so important which wasn’t an option at the other locations.
He always appeared laid back and never in a rush, took time to get to known us, validated our feelings and was very proactive on giving us information
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Beautiful facilities (cincy and florence offices) easy to navigate and access. We felt first class being there! Always clean, wonderful education materials were available (support group info, etc). Never a crowded wait room, which I felt more comfortable in for confidentiality reasons.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Health.
Very efficient and never had to wait
Around $20k
My husband and I much appreciated the approach to reduce risk of multiples by using single embryo transfer. We appreciated The option to use multiples was always up for discussion if needed.

2016 - 2020, Successful
I don’t think I have any complaints, this man has always been so amazing to us. Calling us when he wants to deliver news and always listening to our concerns. He’s personal and professional and I do recommend people going to him. ... Sherif would meet with us in his office if needed and he would always be professional and personal.
Don’t expect emotional support [from Institute for Reproductive Health] that is on you. They are professional and do their job but they are not psychologists. Please seek that on your own and go into this with that expectation. Other than that they are great. ... We had insurance so we just paid copay. Our last round was $4500 out of pocket the question here should be about cost of medicines
Don’t expect emotions support during ivf, instead seek your own and set it up yourself.
Sherif would meet with us in his office if needed and he would always be professional and personal. When we recently went to him he asked to see a picture of Agnes and remembered our rounds.
So we used birth control during the first 2 rounds but in the third skipped it and that’s when I got pregnant.
They are always professional
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Don’t expect emotional support that is on you. They are professional and do their job but they are not psychologists. Please seek that on your own and go into this with that expectation. Other than that they are great.
We had insurance so we just paid copay. Our last round was $4500 out of pocket the question here should be about cost of medicines.
None
Cincinnati

He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] is friendly but really unless you ask and know how to ask you will not know what to expect next. I think he relies a lot on his nurses to fill in all the blanks. So therefor looking back I wish that would have been red flags to maybe see someone else...He is very nice but you really have to ask a lot of questions or you are not going to get answers...Ask lots of questions. Do your homework. If doesn’t feel right move on you have enough stress to worry and focus on positive if doc is giving negative vibes move on.
Just have to follow up on them [Institute for Reproductive Health] to get things done...The whole call and leave a message and someone will call you back is super frustrating because we have jobs and just can’t sit by the phone all day and wait. So there is a lot of missed calls leave a message miss call...For the most part felt like they [nurses] where doing their job. Some where compassionate and put a smile on your face when you need it the most....
He is friendly but really unless you ask and know how to ask you will not know what to expect next. I think he relies a lot on his nurses to fill in all the blanks. So therefor looking back I wish that would have been red flags to maybe see someone else.
For the most part felt like they where doing their job. Some where compassionate and put a smile on your face when you need it the most.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The whole call and leave a message and someone will call you back is super frustrating because we have jobs and just can’t sit by the phone all day and wait. So there is a lot of missed calls leave a message miss call:(
A lot
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Just have to follow up on them to get things done
Florence
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was great from start to finish, we knew every step what was happening and he always answered all our questions. He was prompt and never kept us waiting long. We were able to talk with him anytime we needed even when out of the clinic. ... He would transfer just one if it looked perfect, two if the first one was anything but perfect.
Strength of the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] clean, calming and comfortable. Weakness of the clinic we had to travel over an hour to get there but that is not the clinics fault. Prompt service from everyone at all times. ... They called to check on me, I could call anytime with questions and they would return my call very quickly. They made sure I knew everything going on.
He was great from start to finish, we knew every step what was happening and he always answered all our questions. He was prompt and never kept us waiting long. We were able to talk with him anytime we needed even when out of the clinic.
Don’t wait, just go and see him!!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strength of the clinic clean, calming and comfortable. Weakness of the clinic we had to travel over an hour to get there but that is not the clinics fault. Prompt service from everyone at all times.
Egg retrieval and one round approx $15,000 including medications.
2011 - 2014, Successful
[IRH's] Strengths: knowledge and ability to change treatment if a transfer fails. Keeps at it until you do get pregnant. They are flexible with patients that live out of town. I was able to get blood work done in the city I live in. I cannot think of weaknesses.... We drove two hours to see Dr Awadalla. He was highly recommended by friends and lived up to all of our expectations. He worked on a specific plan and continued to tweak it to get us pregnant. We couldn’t be happier with our three IRH kids! We recommend our friends that struggle with infertility to his office. We also saw Dr Scheiber and can’t say enough about his care also.
Ask as many questions as you desire. He is patient and takes his time to answer.
Dr Awadalla was very sensitive to our situation and was straight with us.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Our insurance covered 90% of the cost.

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] made my husband and I feel comfortable immediately. He made sure both myself and my husband understood everything, and made us feel comfortable asking questions. He is honest and to the point, and has incredible bedside manner. We did one round of ivf with no eggs that survived to freeze and did not get a positive pregnancy test. He was so kind and called to check on us and offered an updated treatment plan. He is amazing.
[IRH-Cincinnati is a] Huge clinic with many locations and years of experience. The only weakness is that the physician who did my transfer did not follow Dr. Awadalla’s plan in how many embryos to transfer, so i feel that consistency in situations that you must see multiple MDs is imperative.... Penny is incredibly kind and knowledgeable. Her bedside manner is great. Our educator, i can’t remember her name, but she was an ARNP, was equally as incredible. She was excited to teach, patient, and very knowledgeable. You can tell she loves her job.
He made my husband and I feel comfortable immediately. He made sure both myself and my husband understood everything, and made us feel comfortable asking questions. He is honest and to the point, and has incredible bedside manner. We did one round of ivf with no eggs that survived to freeze and did not get a positive pregnancy test. He was so kind and called to check on us and offered an updated treatment plan. He is amazing.
He is great and they will love him.
Dr Awadalla is amazing! He is funny and kind, honest, and really takes the time to get to know his patients on a personal level.
After 4 failed IUIs his recommendation was to go straight to IVF with ICSI. His plan was to transfer 2 embryos however we went in over the weekend and another physician was on call and only transferred one. Unfortunately it did not result in a positive pregnancy and our other 2 embryos degraded before they were able to be frozen. Dr. Awadalla called and discussed a plan for higher stim with drugs next cycle to hopefully get more embryos and with a plan to do assisted hatching as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: I spoke with several RNs. Penny, and an ARNP who educated us)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
One cycle with ICSI that included a self pay discount was around $10,000 not including meds. My insurance covered visits and labs.
Due to my age, he wanted to transfer two.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
As I stated earlier, the plan to transfer 2 embryos did not happen as the physician who did my transfer only wanted to do 1. We only had a total of 3. The one transferred failed and the remaining 2 degraded before being able to freeze. I feel some regret in not having fought for Dr. Awadalla’s initial plan in the moment since we lost all of our embryos.
2014 - 2018, Successful
Even though he [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was always honest with us about our chances, he still was positive and optimistic. Ie he would say that even if this cycle didn't work we'd keep trying until we had success. He acknowledged how hard it was when we had failed cycle... We were advised to do ESET for our first (fresh) transfer due to the quality of the embryos and my response to the meds. It was a success! After a failed frozen transfer a few years later we have now been encouraged to consider transferring 2 next time
Staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati] is great. They have multiple locations which is nice--you don't have to go all the way into the city for the frequent appointments during ivf cycles. They have good success rates without pushing multiple embryo transfer or irresponsible levels of ovary stimulation.... We were advised to do ESET for our first (fresh) transfer due to the quality of the embryos and my response to the meds. It was a success! After a failed frozen transfer a few years later we have now been encouraged to consider transferring 2 next time
I've always been treated with compassion and respect. He has always acted professional and I'm confident in his expertise. He manages a good balance of realism (he never mislead us about our chances of success) and optimism.
Be prepared to try a few cycles before giving up, even when everything goes "right" it can still take a few cycles to get pregnant.
Even though he was always honest with us about our chances, he still was positive and optimistic. Ie he would say that even if this cycle didn't work we'd keep trying until we had success. He acknowledged how hard it was when we had failed cycle
I've always been treated with respect and compassion. My only complaint is that it can be hard to reach a nurse or doctor when I have questions--you have to leave a message and wait for a call back. Sometimes they don't call back the same day and that can be stressful when you are in the middle of a medicated cycle when running is important.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Staff is great. They have multiple locations which is nice--you don't have to go all the way into the city for the frequent appointments during ivf cycles. They have good success rates without pushing multiple embryo transfer or irresponsible levels of ovary stimulation.
17,000 for the IVF package, 4500 per round for frozen transfer
Cincinnati

I didn’t get to spend as much time with him as I wanted ... He is to the point but his beside manners are compassionate. He’s direct without being discouraging. He offers insight to best practices and doesn’t compare you to others. He often would make me laugh and smile during the most difficult time of our life. ... Dr. A [Awadalla] started me on a low dose of Follistem and we quickly jumped to the highway to get my eggs to react.
The clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is an A+ rating for me. The cleanliness and yearly protocol is above industry standards. There are private rooms to discuss treatments and each room feels comfortable rather than a dark black hole. ... They [nursing staff] were compassionate, caring and patient. As a first timer they answered all my million questions and were honest with feedback. After our failed cycle I wa a broken but they counseled us through it providing hope and faith this would all work our.
Be prepared with questions when you arrive to ask him because when put on the spot, we often forgot and would have to get answers from his staff rather than him. Visits with him were VERY quick.
I drove 2 hours multiple times a week to see Dr Awadala. I didn’t get to spend as much time with him as I wanted and I was frustrated that I had driven so far for about 3 minutes with him. However, it was his staff that really made me feel human. They were patient as I asked many questions, they were quick to return calls, and always honest with me. They weren’t brutal but encouraging with the devastating news that our first embryo transfer of the twins was not successful. While it was difficult, they counseled me through the pain with enlightenment and positivity.
Dr. A started me on a low dose of Follistem and we quickly jumped to the highway to get my eggs to react. He monitored them 3x a week leading up to retrieval and has blood work drawn in our local clinic a couple times as well to monitor levels. Once retrieval was complete we asked to do icsi to which he replied that it was necessary because nothing was showing it would be an issue for my eggs to fertilize and it wasn’t worth the extra cost associated. Looking back I wish he would have honored our request as we only had 3 viable embryos. He did a 3 days fresh transfer of our best looking embryos which we call “the twins”. This was unsuccessful and crushing. We prevailed and jumped into our next treatment the next cycle. During this frozen 5 day transfer we asked to do assisted hatching to which he agreed. This resulted in our miracle son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Bridget)
I posted briefly earlier on this bit anticipate this question but the staff deserves their own review. FIVE STARS! They were compassionate, caring and patient. As a first timer they answered all my million questions and were honest with feedback. After our failed cycle I wa a broken but they counseled us through it providing hope and faith this would all work our.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is an A+ rating for me. The cleanliness and yearly protocol is above industry standards. There are private rooms to discuss treatments and each room feels comfortable rather than a dark black hole.
I don’t recall 100% but know we ended up spending 16k. They process was clearly lined out during our finance walk through which made preparing for this much easier.
He was open to whatever we wanted to do. Advised 1 but ended up transferring 2.
Cincinnati

He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] hits the ground running. On your first consultation, be prepared with questions because he is ready to get your treatment started!...Dr. A. told me that since I was young, and seemed to be healthy, with 4 embryos, we should do single transfers for my fresh IVF transfer and my FET. He explained during our last conversation that he would like to transfer the remaining two frozen embryos for my next treatment since the first two treatments were unsuccessful.
I felt comfortable with all aspects of the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health]. As a patient of a previous fertility clinic, this one is clean, modern, and very welcoming, as opposed to the first clinic my husband and I visited. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable...I had a couple of nurses and they were all fantastic! My primary nurse coordinator was Sarah, and she was incredible! She was so sweet and patient with me during my egg retrieval (which resulted in a funny story), and she cried with me when I got my period (TWICE!), and subsequent negative pregnancy tests.
I loved Dr. Awadalla. From the very first consultation, I could tell that he loved his job and wanted to help couples get pregnant and have a baby. After both negative pregnancy tests, he personally called me and was encouraging and shared what he would like next steps to be. When we are able to afford another treatment, we will definitely be seeing Dr. A. again!
He hits the ground running. On your first consultation, be prepared with questions because he is ready to get your treatment started!
Dr. A. was always so kind and answered any and all questions I had. He seemed to genuinely care about my case and was always compassionate when we didn’t get the news we hoped for.
I used two injectable medicines as my follicle stimulations as well as an injectable trigger shot during my fresh IVF cycle. During both my IVF and FET, I used progesterone suppositories. I used estrogen supplements during my FET cycle. I was also prescribed pre-natal vitamins to take for the duration of all treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I felt comfortable with all aspects of the clinic. As a patient of a previous fertility clinic, this one is clean, modern, and very welcoming, as opposed to the first clinic my husband and I visited. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.
For our IVF cycle, we got a loan for $13,500 with $12,000 going toward the treatment and $1,500 going toward medication. We did spend more than what we were loaned, probably close to $3,000 for medication during this cycle. For our FET, we were charged $4,500 for the cycle, not including medication. We also pay a frozen embryo fee, but I am not sure what the cost is.
Cincinnati

He [Dr. Awadalla] understands that most of his patients aren't as exposed to the ups and downs of the infertility world as he and his practice partners, so he never takes any lost pregnancy, negative test result, patient fear, etc for granted...was very warm. Understood that my husband is stand offish and that Im an information junky. Spent time, explained gently, listened to our needs...did almost all of my iuis, did my exploratory laparoscopy, and my d&c. A few iuis were done by a practice partner if Dr. Awadalla was in surgery that day.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] Has multiple locations but the cincinnati location in rookwood is the best. The other offices are so-so. At least they were in 2016. Most of my treatments were done in rookwood, one in the florence ky office. Used Christ hospital for all of my procedures. The clinic is well organized, the sperm collection clinic is in the same hallway. Billing in the same lobby. Private...[nurses were] Friendly, warm, quick to return calls
Dr. Awadalla did almost all of my iuis, did my exploratory laparoscopy, and my d&c. A few iuis were done by a practice partner if Dr. Awadalla was in surgery that day. Remember, we are working with incredibly tight windows :) Dr. Awadalla is a family man, a people person, an expert in his field, compassionate. He understands that most of his patients aren't as exposed to the ups and downs of the infertility world as he and his practice partners, so he never takes any lost pregnancy, negative test result, patient fear, etc for granted.
If it's on your heart to be a parent, trust that. Then trust the process. And even if it seems bleak, keep showing up and keep going. Speak openly, find support, ask questions. Try to live a healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Awadalla was very warm. Understood that my husband is stand offish and that Im an information junky. Spent time, explained gently, listened to our needs.
1. Tested sperm 2. Gave husband Clomid 3. Husband became a jerk 4. Took husband off clomid 5. Gave me Clomid, edu fertility windows 6. Started iuis including ovulation trigger injection 7. Had tubes flushed and flouroscopy uterus 8. Started follistim injections alongside Clomid, ovulation trigger and iuis 9. Exploratory laproscopy, rule out anatomical abnormality, cyst, cancer, or endometriosis 10. Cont current regimen 9. Got pregnant, miscarried 10. D&c 11. Added progesterone 12. got pregnant. Gave birth to my wonderful daughter Dec 2016!! She is the light of my life!
Friendly, warm, quick to return calls
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I don't really remember, we spanned over a year and I switched insurances part way through. It gets very complicated. Some meds are $8, some are $500, surgery is very itemized and expensive, etc. My husband's sperm collection and cleaning was billed to his insurance, the iuis to mine, etc. They will council you through the billing dept if you get confused.
Does not apply to me
Cincinnati
Dr. Awadalla was kind, and encouraging. I had Heard so many horror stories about plus sized women attempting IVF, but he never mentioned my weight or made me feel like I wasn’t a good candidate, and I appreciate that more than he will ever know...met with my partner and I and discussed our options after his vasectomy. He shared opinions and provided a plan. It took us about a year and a half before we decided to follow through with the IVF process, but he was welcoming and encouraging. He laughed with me and celebrated when we found success.
Every nurse that worked with Dr. Awadalla [at Institute for Reproductive Health] was patient, kind, and encouraging. I always Had great visits to the clinic...I was surprised that we were transferring two, because I had no fertility issues that we had known of prior to transfer, since this was the first time we had tried to get pregnant, but had to go with IVF because of a prior vasectomy. But, I am thankful for both of my wonderful boys and glad that we transferred two!
Dr. Awadalla met with my partner and I and discussed our options after his vasectomy. He shared opinions and provided a plan. It took us about a year and a half before we decided to follow through with the IVF process, but he was welcoming and encouraging. He laughed with me and celebrated when we found success. I would not choose another doctor. I will continue to recommend him to any friend in need of IVF as long as he continues to practice.
Trust the process!
I dont remember all of the details.
Every nurse that worked with Dr. Awadalla was patient, kind, and encouraging. I always Had great visits to the clinic.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I dont have a single complaint. The communication was great, the expectations, and plans of action. The doctor was willing to do what he could to help my family grow, and I really don’t know what my life would be like without my children.
I had help from my employer, however I think we ended up paying about $5000 out of pocket for everything. But, I would do it all again.
Cincinnati
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was great at being optimistic and enthusiastic but he it became just a process. The emotional side of things needed to be addressed. I’m sure to them it’s all very routine but for me it was a major set back when things were negative... We started off assuming things would work quickly. Clomid was our first try. Next we moved to IUI with clomid. After two rounds we moved onto IUI clomid with the shot.
The office [Institute for Reproductive Health- Florence] was great as a whole but I wish they did more things in the KY office. We had to drive to OH for all IUIs. Also I wish the lab was open longer hours to accommodate those that work. To afford the treatment we had to work but I would often have to miss work for my appointments... The nurses weren’t very personalable. They seemed more focused on the paperwork and things than us
He was great at being optimistic and enthusiastic but he it became just a process. The emotional side of things needed to be addressed. I’m sure to them it’s all very routine but for me it was a major set back when things were negative
Go into things with an open mind and know that things may be different than expected. Speak up and ask questions
The process was a bit cold but I think it was the process verses the doctor
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The office was great as a whole but I wish they did more things in the KY office. We had to drive to OH for all IUIs. Also I wish the lab was open longer hours to accommodate those that work. To afford the treatment we had to work but I would often have to miss work for my appointments
It was all out of pocket expenses.

2012 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Awadalla was so nice reviewed my file and knew who Inwas before he spoke to me. He was very caring and professional at all times. My husband and I were very pleased. He was very knowledgable in my entire time at the clinic...He is kind and friendly. Be prepared to loose weight though before you begin any cycle...He always took time with us. Explained everything and answered any questions we had...First I had to loose 20% of my. Jody weight. He kept me in Metformin. Then we used Famara for a couple cycles. I know I used Bravelle on one cycle. I also had to use an injection to help mature eggs it started with an m. I used progesterone as well. For my second child I used Gonal F. I’m sure I have all my medicine written down somewhere but not sure where. At the moment.
You will always have someone call you back [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. The staff is always nice. Most of the time you are on the room within 5 minutes of arrival and are seeing the doctor right after. The staff also try to help you find a pharmacy that will deliver medicine at a cheaper rate...The nurses were well prepared. However you had to leave messages and one would call you back which was very inconvenient if you work...
Don’t be nervous. He is kind and friendly. Be prepared to loose weight though before you begin any cycle.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
You will always have someone call you back. The staff is always nice. Most of the time you are on the room within 5 minutes of arrival and are seeing the doctor right after. The staff also try to help you find a pharmacy that will deliver medicine at a cheaper rate.
It was less than $2000 for my second baby. My first child costed more but we tried different things.
Cincinnati
Strength is they [Institute for Reproductive Health] are very helpful, caring and passionate about their job. Not sure of any weaknesses...All of them [nurses] were great very caring...Cleaning my husband's sperm cost about $650 and the IUI procedure cost about$450...I had an IUI, he [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was very thorough. I don't remember the specifics due to having to take xanax to calm my anxiety...The way he talked to me made me feel important. He was down to earth...was awesome, told me everything was doing, when he was doing it. I have issues with anxiety and he didn't let that be a problem. Made me relax more then the other two doctors we saw. I heard an IUI and was in and out of the with no problems
Awadalla was awesome, told me everything was doing, when he was doing it. I have issues with anxiety and he didn't let that be a problem. Made me relax more then the other two doctors we saw. I heard an IUI and was in and out of the with no problems
Don't be nervous, he's great
The way he talked to me made me feel important. He was down to earth.
I had an IUI, he was very thorough. I don't remember the specifics due to having to take xanax to calm my anxiety
All of them were great very caring
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strength is they are very helpful, caring and passionate about their job. Not sure of any weaknesses.....................................................................................................................
N/a had an IUI