U of Cincinnati

West Chester
7242 Tylers Corner
West Chester, OH 45069

Treated 2016 - 2020
I don’t think I have any complaints, this man has always been so amazing to us. Calling us when he wants to deliver news and always listening to our concerns. He’s personal and professional and I do recommend people going to him. ... Sherif would meet with us in his office if needed and he would always be professional and personal.
Don’t expect emotional support [from Institute for Reproductive Health] that is on you. They are professional and do their job but they are not psychologists. Please seek that on your own and go into this with that expectation. Other than that they are great. ... We had insurance so we just paid copay. Our last round was $4500 out of pocket the question here should be about cost of medicines
How was your experience with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Don’t expect emotions support during ivf, instead seek your own and set it up yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Sherif would meet with us in his office if needed and he would always be professional and personal. When we recently went to him he asked to see a picture of Agnes and remembered our rounds.
Describe the protocols Sherif Awadalla used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
So we used birth control during the first 2 rounds but in the third skipped it and that’s when I got pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Health.
They are always professional
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Don’t expect emotional support that is on you. They are professional and do their job but they are not psychologists. Please seek that on your own and go into this with that expectation. Other than that they are great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sherif Awadalla at Institute for Reproductive Health.
We had insurance so we just paid copay. Our last round was $4500 out of pocket the question here should be about cost of medicines.
Describe Sherif Awadalla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Health.
None
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Awadalla seems like a true expert and was very professional. I couldn't always see him because he doesn't work everyday and my cycles didn't work out that way, but he was there for the two biggest days (egg retrieval and embryo transfer)...make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise...we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Some of the nurses [at IRH] were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch...Good: Free parking, early appointments, multiple locations around the city, affiliated lab right next door. Financial people are AWESOME and really know their stuff. Bad: Always felt a little rushed - they crank through a lot of people in one day.
Do your research ahead of time and make sure that you come in with questions because otherwise you will get hustled out of there. He'll answer questions but he doesn't chat through everything in detail otherwise.
I always felt a little rushed in the office. He doesn't do much explanation and leaves that to the nurses. He always seems very confident and is realistic about what his recommendations are, but I never felt like I had enough time with him.
After doing a round of clomid+intercourse with my OB-GYN, Dr. Awadalla did a round of IUI (femara+IUI). Because I have PCOS, we moved to IVF for the next step. We did birth control for 3 weeks so that I could go on a vacation, then 10 days of injections at a very low dose (150). We triggered with lupron and a normal trigger at a lower dose. They retrieved 33 eggs, 31 of which were mature, and 29 fertilized (no ISCI). We ended up with 23 embryos (19 day 5 blasts, 4 day 6 blasts). We did not do PGS. Just yesterday, we did a single embryo transfer after freezing for a month because I developed OHSS.
Some of the nurses were better than others. The nurse I had on the day of my retrieval (Stephanie) was amazing. The nurse who did my "IVF Education Day" gave a lot of information but I felt like it was very rushed. In general, I think the nurses are very compassionate but they deal with this all day every day, so there's not a very personal touch.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I was fortunate enough to have most of my costs covered by Fertility insurance. I did pay about $500 for medications/injections and about $250/appointment.
The doctor strongly recommended eSET based on the quality of our embryos and my age. We agreed with this recommendation based on the risks to mother and child(ren) associated with multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health.
One of my appointments was scheduled at the wrong location for this clinic. They were able to get me in to the clinic that I went to but I had to wait a little bit, but I think they handled it really well.
Cincinnati
We are going to require ICSI with our IVF and will take birth control leading up to our cycle [with Dr. Sherif Awadalla]...was very down to earth and he shot very straight with us. He made sure we understood what he was telling us and gave great advice to help make our decision easier...was extremely knowledgeable and let us know the potential outcome of many different types of treatments. He had a pleasant bedside manner and spoke very confidently about our treatment options.
She [nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health] answered all of our questions and was very excited for us. We talked for over an hour and she answered every question we had. I learned so much!...The clinic got us in within a month of the request for an appointment. They made special accommodations to see us for education appointment the same weekend because we came from out of town. They were extremely helpful!...
Dr Awadalla was extremely knowledgeable and let us know the potential outcome of many different types of treatments. He had a pleasant bedside manner and spoke very confidently about our treatment options.
Just go for it! He is very honest and will point you in the right direction.
Dr Awadalla was very down to earth and he shot very straight with us. He made sure we understood what he was telling us and gave great advice to help make our decision easier.
We are going to require ICSI with our IVF and will take birth control leading up to our cycle. We will have multiple ultrasounds during the cycle and then start injectables to stimulate the ovaries. Then we will take an antagonist to keep me from ovulating independently. Then the day before the appointment we will do another shot to simulate ovulation and they will retrieve the eggs. 24 hours out they will update us about our embryos. Then 5 days out we will go to implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Olivia)
She answered all of our questions and was very excited for us. We talked for over an hour and she answered every question we had. I learned so much!
Treated 2009 - 2019
When I went to see him [Dr. Awadalla] for the first time, I felt he knew my pain from previous attempts of failed treatments. He showed compassion, understanding, and kindness on all levels of my care. If I needed to cry, he let me cry. If I needed to laugh, we would laugh. I could tell he really wanted to help me become a mother...I completed my last IVF cycle under his care. From start to finish I was never left feeling as if I wasn't in good hands. I always felt confident in the process and his expertise. I had a a lot of questions, and he always tried to explain the answers as best he could.
[The nursing staff at IRH were] Compassionate, caring, understanding. Very knowledgeable about infertility and treatments...25,000 plus for IVF. We have had our embryos frozen for 10 years and we pay yearly fees for them also. Very costly unfortunately...Timely appointments, friendly, minimal wait time. Call backs typically same day. They follow procedures as described. Answer questions completely and don't mind if you have several questions. I never felt rushed.
If you are hesitant, don't be. Consult with him first and he will ease your fears.
When I went to see him for the first time, I felt he knew my pain from previous attempts of failed treatments. He showed compassion, understanding, and kindness on all levels of my care. If I needed to cry, he let me cry. If I needed to laugh, we would laugh. I could tell he really wanted to help me become a mother.
IVF with injections, egg retrieval, then fresh embryo transfer. We transferred 2 5 day embryos that resulted in boy/girl twins. Have 2 frozen embryos left.
None
Treated 2014 - 2019
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla] took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important...will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.
[Dr. Awadalla at IRH will] provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path)...he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla was knowledgeable and efficient. I felt confident in his expertise and the quality of care after he gave us a book he wrote and explained the way their lab runs and the safeguards they have in place to provide the best possible care, every day of the week.
Have questions ready. He'll provide a lot of info, but much of it in book form. He will absolutely give you an in-depth synopsis (and personal opinion) if you ask, but be prepared to take initiative to get what you need from him (if you want to fully understand why he recommends a specific path).
He worked quickly but was engaging, knowledgeable, and took time to answer every question.
It's been almost two years since my first round of IVF (preparing for FET with one of 9 embryos), so I don't remember the specific protocols. I do know that what he recommended was successful and that he took into consideration my specific body type, budget and preferences when determining protocol. One item to note is that estrogen is delivered in pill form and he was able to point me to the research showing that vaginal pills are just as effective as the shots. To me, minimizing the needles in this process was important.
Dr. Awadalla will only offer single embryo transfer to anyone under 35. He prefers to achieve singletons and says those are an "A," twins are a "B" and anything beyond is a "D"—for the sake of the mother and babies.
Treated 2013 - 2018
The clinic [Institute for Repro Health] is organized, clean and runs well. The low-tech billing seems to happen very rapidly. The IVF billing seems to be delayed, which means a longer delay before I can check the claims status online with my insurance company.... Most of the nurses that I have dealt with have been wonderful. They are familiar with the treatment regimens and able to answer questions. When I did call to report a Day 1 and ask if we should continue with the same approach, the nurse I spoke to told me it was up to me.
Dr Awadalla determined why I could not conceive (missed by my GYN) and recommended surgery, which he performed. I conceived naturally in 3 cycles after that. For TTC#2, I was older and he shared his concerns with the likelihood of success. Early IUIs were successful, but did not result in live births. After 10 total IUIs, my course of treatment was only adjusted because I asked if it made sense to continue or to look at other options. We have moved on to IVF, but it is still early in the first cycle. I find Dr A to be very accurate in his assessments and knowledgeable. I trust that I am in good hands, for as much as medical science can help me at my age.
Ask a lot of questions. Dr Awadalla is happy to explain the details to patients who are interested. Also ask at what point you should have a consult to evaluate the plans, so you know what to expect.
Dr Awadalla was honest with me and my situation at every step. He was compassionate when he delivered the news that I had miscarried.
TTC #1 (age 38): Dx: uterine fibroids, blocked Fallopian tube. Tx: Myomectomy, salpingectomy (tube could not be saved and was removed). Resulted in live birth, conceived naturally in 3 cycles. TTC #2 (age 41): DX: unexplained infertility (age). Tx: IUI with 5mg Femara CD 3-7. IUIs 1 and 4 resulted in pregnancy, but not live birth. Likely due to poor egg quality. Repeated for IUI 5-8 because successful getting pregnant, but waiting for a better quality egg. For IUI 9 and 10, added Follistim (IUI 9: CD 7-10, 50IU; IUI 10: CD 7-11, 100IU). BFN. Given option to select surgery to recheck remaining Fallopian tube or IVF. Started IVF. Currently on CD 9: 5mg Femara CD 3-7, Gonal-F 300IU CD5-10, Cetritide CD10, rest of days/dosage TBD.
Most of the nurses that I have dealt with have been wonderful. They are familiar with the treatment regimens and able to answer questions. When I did call to report a Day 1 and ask if we should continue with the same approach, the nurse I spoke to told me it was up to me. When I counted that I would like a recommendation from the experts, she continued to tell me that it was up to me. I had to push to have Dr Awadalla contacted to give input. When he called me, he actually had a different recommendation, so I felt validated in pushing. That has been the only interaction that I was not satisfied with, however.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The clinic is organized, clean and runs well. The low-tech billing seems to happen very rapidly. The IVF billing seems to be delayed, which means a longer delay before I can check the claims status online with my insurance company.
With insurance (assuming deductible was paid and yearly maximum for benefits not met), an IUI cycle was roughly $75 out of pocket, not including medications.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I believe there was one time that the clinic had not called in a prescription refill before I had contacted the pharmacy to order. However, I am not 100% sure that I recall this correctly!
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Awadalla has taken extremely good care of me during my treatment at IRH. He has always maintained a positive outlook for our eventual outcomes and is proactive in adjusting treatments based on the results of our previous cycles. His strengths lie in his knowledge and expertise in the fertility practice as well as his bedside manner....Dr. Awadalla is very pro-single embryo transfer and anti-multi embryo transfer except in special circumstances.
Due to the size of the clinic [Inst for Repro Health] and volume of patients, there are always going to be aspects where you are a number, such as scheduling, but they've done an excellent job setting up a system and as long as you understand the system, they will meet your expectations....Call System: Don't expect to get a live person on the phone when you call. Leave a detailed message with what you need and if you have time restrictions on when you can take their return call let them know. They call you back within 24 hours 99% of the time.
Dr. Awadalla has taken extremely good care of me during my treatment at IRH. He has always maintained a positive outlook for our eventual outcomes and is proactive in adjusting treatments based on the results of our previous cycles. His strengths lie in his knowledge and expertise in the fertility practice as well as his bedside manner. At times I did feel like he was trying to protect my feelings a little too much, which I appreciate, but being a person who requires lots of details and direct communication, it did sometimes leave me uncertain or with questions. However, once I was able to gather all of my questions, I was always able to get the answers and clarity I needed. I would most certainly recommend Dr. Awadalla to any patient as I feel like we are getting the best care possible with him and IRH.
Make sure to educate yourself and do not be afraid to ask questions, even if you call back after your appointment. They process a lot of patients at IRH but they are really great about taking the necessary time with you if you ask for it.
Due to the size of the clinic and volume of patients, there are always going to be aspects where you are a number, such as scheduling, but they've done an excellent job setting up a system and as long as you understand the system, they will meet your expectations. Dr. Awadalla does an excellent job making you feel like a human. He takes his time to talk to you and answers any questions you have in a compassionate and educated manner.
Cycle 1 - Femara, Ovidrel, Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 2 - Femara, Ovidrel,Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 3 - Femara, Ovidrel,Timed Intercourse - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 4 - Femara, Ovidrel, IUI - Negative Pregnancy Test Cycle 5 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Miscarriage, D&C, Genetic Testing showed Trisomy 22 Cycle 6 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Negative Prenancy Test Cycle 7 - Femara, Gonal F (Doses of 75iu to 150 iu), Ovidrel,IUI - Miscarriage, Cytotec Cycle 8 - Birth Control, Gonal F (Doses of 175iu), Cetrotide 25iu - Terminated Cycle due to poor follicle response Cycle 9 - CoQ10 & DHEA Supplements, Gonal F (Doses of 225 iu), Menopur 75iu, Cetrotide 25iu, Ovidrel - 6 Follicles, 3 Eggs Retrieved, 3 Eggs Mature, 3 Eggs Fertilized, 2 Embryos made it to Day 5 Blast and tested with PGS, 2 Abnormal Embryos (Trisomy 6, Trisomy 9) Cycle 10 - CoQ10, DHEA & Vitamin D Supplements, Gonal F (Doses of 250 iu), Menopur 75iu, Cetrotide 25iu, Ovidrel - TBD. Will do PGS Testing again if we have embryos to test.
The vast majority of the nurses are extremely well educated, compassionate, and very good with the patients. They've always taken time to answer my questions and they show tons of empathy in the difficult times. The head IVF Nurse Penny is absolutely incredible. I don't have enough words for how much she has helped in every aspect of our IVF process form ensuring we weren't billed too much to making sure the schedule works and answering every single question I had (or getting the answer from someone else if she didn't know). Believe me, I had a ton. There are a couple nurses (I don't know names) who I haven't meshed with all that well. I didn't necessarily take it as a reflection of their abilities, but rather that my communication style didn't mix well with theirs creating some confusion and anxiety on my end. However, overall that hasn't taken away from my experience in any way as there are tons of nurses there and they've always been awesome about referring me to another nurse if I had more questions or was worried about something. Don't be afraid to ask to talk to someone else!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Efficiency - They're a big clinic but they've got the process down to a science. Follow the process and you'll get what you need Compassion - The staff are extraordinarily compassionate. They care about your outcomes as much as you do. Knowledge/Expertise - IRH knows their stuff and does what they believe is in your best interest medically. Rotating Doctors: Don't go here and expect to have the same doctor every appointment. It's not possible. However, I will say that I have not had a bad experience with any doctor in the clinic. I feel 100% confident in the care and treatment I have gotten from each doctor there. Dr. Awadalla is my assigned doctor and he is wonderful. I have a particular soft spot for Dr. Burwinkle though as he's had to deal with some tough things with me through my treatment and he's a little more direct than Dr. A, which is good for my style. The other doctors are great too. Call System: Don't expect to get a live person on the phone when you call. Leave a detailed message with what you need and if you have time restrictions on when you can take their return call let them know. They call you back within 24 hours 99% of the time. Just follow the system.
Femara - Covered by insurance Ultrasound Scans about $300 per scan, covered by insurance IUI $250 plus cost of sperm washing (covered by husband's insurance) IUI Medications - Ordered through SMP Pharmacy $500 to $1.5K for Gonal F & Ovidrel IVF with PGS - $15,900.00 is their discounted rate and does not include medications or the PGS Testing Lab Fees (Ovation) PGS Testing Lab Fees - about $1,200 for a single cycle with 2 embryos tested, about $2200 for multi-cycle plan for up to 8 embryos tested IVF Medications - $2-5K for Gonal F, Cetrotide & Menopur per cycle
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Here's my recommendation for anyone going to IRH - Remember that you have ultimate control and decision-making authority when going through your treatment. IRH does a ton of work, but you have to do your part as well. Here are a few examples: (1) Medications - Follow up to make sure it gets sent to the pharmacy. If it doesn't, call back and make sure it gets sent. My most recent cycle, if I hadn't called to make sure it was sent, I would not have gotten my medication on time. (2) Treatments - The doctors tell you the treatment they recommend or suggest, but sometimes you have to go with what's best for you. For example, they like IVF better than Injections & IUI because the can control the outcomes better, but if IVF isn't in your budget, don't feel pressured to move to that treatment. After our Femara treatments, Dr. A recommended IVF, but we weren't yet ready to move to that treatment. So, we did a few cycles with Gonal F and IUI before moving to IVF. We eventually did move to IVF with PGS testing because we wanted to reduce the risk of miscarriage after I had 2. Another example would be during my IVF cycle, I didn't respond well to the injections and had a less than ideal follicle count. Dr. A advised us that many couples choose to pass on the PGS testing and do a fresh embryo transfer because of the inherent risk of walking away with nothing with the PGS testing, which is significantly more expensive. I was freaked out and worried for days, but went with my instincts to do the PGS testing anyway because my main goal was not to get pregnant, but to reduce the risk of miscarriage and get pregnant with a viable embryo. I'm glad I followed my instincts because both embryos ended up being abnormal. I know he was just making sure I understood all of my options, but it's important to evaluate what they're telling you against your own treatment objectives and desired outcomes. (3) Pay Attention - After my cancelled IVF Cycle due to poor response, we were getting ready to begin my 2nd cycle and the nurse pulled out my medication schedule from my first cycle. If I wouldn't have been paying attention, I would not have been taking the correct dose. Another example is from my 2nd IVF Cycle with PGS testing we were doing my pre-retrieval information review and the nurse advised us to have intercourse (big no-no with PGS testing). She was under the assumption that due to my less than ideal response we might do a fresh transfer (something I was adamant about not doing) so she started giving us instructions for that instead of PGS. I caught it but was really freaked out after that and asked to have another nurse review the information with me again. Bottom line, if something doesn't seem right or sound right, speak up and ask for clarification. They do the best they can to get you the best treatment they can, but it's also your responsibility to take charge of your care.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Although it might not seem that always is the case he [Dr. Awadalla] really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. ... Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI ... sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle
It would be nice if you worked with one nurse [Institute for Repro Health] or even two throughout your procedures ... Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
Although it might not seem that always is the case he really does want to do everything for you to have an outcome of a child. Remember to always ask questions he can be in and out and short but if you ask he’s definitely going to be straight with you. I feel that the more questions you ask the better you’ll feel about everything and it helps keep your nerves calm during a very anxious roller coaster time in your life!
Ask lots of questions all avenues that you could possibly explore
I feel like it takes a minute for him to get to know you but he really does care and want you to succeed and having a child
Gosh it’s hard to remember we’ve been at this for so long but we started off with pills then shots in each are you why it got more aggressive with stronger doses more shots and we are now in the process of our first IVF treatment staying positive keeping fingers crossed
Never had the same nurse so really can’t describe them but as a whole seeing someone different each time is a little discouraging. Also the whole you have to call the nurses line leave a message and hope that you’re able to answer their call when they call back or else it’s like a game of tag for the rest of the day which is very nerve-racking at a time when your nerves are supposed to be not nerve-racking.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The communication there is so so sometimes I feel like we have been not on her priority list which plays with your emotions. Once again you need to be the person that asks lots of questions in order to get to the person you need to speak to to get things done it’s like every other person you feel is on your side and the other person is just doing their job. It would be nice if you worked with one nurse or even two throughout your procedures
Expensive! Unfortunately we did six rounds rounds of our UI is equaling three to $4000 each adds up very quickly sometimes I wish that we would’ve stopped with so many rounds and put that money toward her an IVF cycle

Treated 2012 - 2018
The first time he [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] had me on birth control before starting injection medication. I didn’t have as many eggs as he would like to have so he adjusted and took away the birth control. Then the third time he decided to add Femara. We did ICSI each time because we had male factor infertility and each time we put back 2 embryos.... He always answered any questions I had. Dr. Awadalla made sure to be gentle, and he personally would call me after treatments to find out how I was and or our next steps.
I rarely waited for any long length of time [at Institute for Reproductive Health- Cincinnati]. Even when I was taken to a room the doctor was always in pretty quickly. In order to call in to a nurse you had to leave a message but the call was always returned in a timely manner.... One nurse in particular was amazing. She comforted me when I needed it and gave me the information when I needed it. She was always understanding and even when I had what I thought was a silly request she was fine with what I needed.
I immediately felt like Dr. Awadalla was incredibly knowledgeable. I was put at ease because in my opinion he was trustworthy. My husband and I could always ask him any question. This was also how the other doctors in the office were.
I would say to trust Dr. Awadalla’s knowledge and process and know that he will do what is best for you.
The first time he had me on birth control before starting injection medication. I didn’t have as many eggs as he would like to have so he adjusted and took away the birth control. Then the third time he decided to add Femara. We did ICSI each time because we had male factor infertility and each time we put back 2 embryos.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I rarely waited for any long length of time. Even when I was taken to a room the doctor was always in pretty quickly. In order to call in to a nurse you had to leave a message but the call was always returned in a timely manner.
We did a money back guarantee. After we found out we qualified we did the guarantee that said if after 3 IVF fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles we still didn’t have a baby we would get a percentage of our money back.
Dr. Awadalla made it clear it was our choice about how many embryos we transferred.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr.A looks at patient history and determines the best course of treatment. He does not just recommend things to make money. He told me it’s nlt necessary to do PGS and that he wants IVF to be affordable. He is compassionate and explains things when asked questions. After my negative Beta he called me to talk to me and I truly appreciated it because it was a Saturday...He is compassionate and monitored me during my cycle closely and I felt I received good care that put me at ease. I highly recommend him.
The doctors and nurses [at Institute for Reproductive Health] are compassionate. The most difficult part is working with the business office for payments and getting questions answered. They hardly return calls in a timely manner. I felt they could explain the embryo transfer decisions in advance to coming in on transfer day and letting you know if you do or don’t need ICSI it egg hatching... they give a discount if it’s self pay.
Dr.A is great at answering questions or concerns so make a list and ask him at appointments.
Dr.Awadalla is a very knowledgeable and caring Doctor. Although my IVF cycle didn’t yield the positive test I dreamed of, I am ready to try again if I had the money. He is compassionate and monitored me during my cycle closely and I felt I received good care that put me at ease. I highly recommend him.
I was precribed follistim and ganirelex and trigger shot, Prior to that I was started on birth control.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
The nurse at my retrieval was gentle and caring and put me at ease.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The doctors and nurses are compassionate. The most difficult part is working with the business office for payments and getting questions answered. They hardly return calls in a timely manner. I felt they could explain the embryo transfer decisions in advance to coming in on transfer day and letting you know if you do or don’t need ICSI it egg hatching.
I was self pay and they give a discount if it’s self pay.
Although I wanted 2 transferred, Dr.A only recommended one and explained the risks of two.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The business office is difficult to reach. Other than that the clinic is great!
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. A[wadalla] gave me the options that I needed, a box of Kleenex, and let me cry in his office until I was ready to leave. He has also called me himself, and asked me not to give up because the embryos we have now are high quality, and he believes that we will have a healthy pregnancy...He has always called me by my first name, and he doesn't have to look at my chart to remember my history.
When I have called [the nurses at Institute for Reproductive Health], and been sent to voicemail they always have called me back in a timely fashion, and any paperwork that I have needed has also been sent quickly...The nursing staff works very hard, yet they always have a smile on their faces. When we received that dreaded phone call that says "I'm so sorry, but your test was negative," the nurses were compassionate, and disappointed along with us. You can just tell that phone call is one that they absolutely do not like making. It is not routine to them.
Dr. Awadalla has great bed side manners, patience, and compassion for his patients. He gives time to explain what needs to be explained, and questions that need to be answered. He also abides by our wishes. I have a very short stature, one of the first things that I told Dr. A was that I was not ok transferring more than two embryos. Dr. A completely understood, and actually the clinics policy is to only transfer one or two embryos.
I would tell a prospective patient to be ready. Dr. A and his team are on it. It's a tough journey, but it can also be a quick journey. After meds, and cycles are figured out its a whirl wind from there. Everything with fertility has to be timed just right, and from my experiences Dr. A has timed it just right. I would also tell them to listen to the doctors, they know what they are doing.
He has always called me by my first name, and he doesn't have to look at my chart to remember my history. When we did get pregnant, and we went for the first ultra sound he asked us to come to his office, told us delicately that we would only have a 50% chance to carry the baby because of a small sack. After the second ultrasound he said "go ahead get dressed, and meet me in my office." I told Dr. A that I didn't want to meet in his office because last time we didn't get good news. He complied, let me get dressed, and he came back into our room. We found out that the baby had a heart beat, but the sack was just getting smaller. Dr. A then gave us a 25% chance. He let us come back for a third ultrasound. and that's when we found out that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. Dr. A gave me the options that I needed, a box of Kleenex, and let me cry in his office until I was ready to leave. He has also called me himself, and asked me not to give up because the embryos we have now are high quality, and he believes that we will have a healthy pregnancy.
Both my cycles have been very similar. I have started off with about 17 days of birth control. I was then off three days, and than I started injections for 10 days. I had injected Gonal F, Menopur, and Centrotide. I can't remember which injection out of the three, but he only added it during my second cycle. After that, I had taken my trigger shot. He also had me taking Estrodial and Progesterone. I was taking those two even after my transfer.
The nursing staff works very hard, yet they always have a smile on their faces. When we received that dreaded phone call that says "I'm so sorry, but your test was negative," the nurses were compassionate, and disappointed along with us. You can just tell that phone call is one that they absolutely do not like making. It is not routine to them. When I have called, and been sent to voicemail they always have called me back in a timely fashion, and any paperwork that I have needed has also been sent quickly.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The strengths I would hit on when I talked to a new patient would be about waiting. I would tell the patient that the wait time is not long. They get us in and out in a timely manner. I would also tell them that their opinions do matter, and their wants also matter to this medical team. The weakness that would hit on would be about awkward situations. Fertility procedures can get awkward. This is something that they do every day, not much can surprise them. An example, when my husband went in to give a sample of his sperm, we were taken back when the nurse asked, "Would your wife like to join you." Yes we are all adults, but that was just not something that we thought would be asked or even thought about. To them though, it happens, and its ok.
I don't remember the full cost, but I believe around $8200 for a fresh cycle, and $7000 for a frozen cycle.
The Cincinnati of Reproductive Health approach on multiple embryo transfer is most usually only two at the most, but from my experience if the embryos are high quality they only like to transfer one.
Embryo Freezing
[Dr. Awadalla] needs to slow down and explain in more detail such as the egg quality and everything seen on the ultrasound and this is also were he needs to slow down! Very knowledge of this area of medicine and was so great with my Miscarriage and performing my d &c . I wish he performed more of my procedures since he is my main doctor but I do understand that we have to see all doctors and the busy schedule. Dr A is very well known for his expertise and I very much trust him and his opinion
The staff [Inst for Repro Health] are so great and know you by name . Always there to answer questions however I would say it would be nice to get to talk to someone when you call inst ad of leaving a message but they do return your call the same day and always there to answer questions! I absolutely love the staff at Irh would remmond to anyone and have sent two friends to them... I can’t say enough great things about the nursing staff they truly do care and take pride in what they do and actually get to know you and your story !
He needs to slow down and explain in more detail such as the egg quality and everything seen on the ultrasound and this is also were he needs to slow down! Very knowledge of this area of medicine and was so great with my Miscarriage and performing my d &c . I wish he performed more of my procedures since he is my main doctor but I do understand that we have to see all doctors and the busy schedule. Dr A is very well known for his expertise and I very much trust him and his opinion
Trust the process and be patient and make sure you ask questions and make sure to to tell him to slow down and explain everything! Write everything down and leave knowing what the best steps are
I feel that the nurses and staff were so compassionate and amazing. Dr A was very positive throughout the miscarriages and also kept us feeling like we could /can make this a positive pregnancy! He does need to slow down at times and explain more detail information
I have done 2 ivf cycles and I will admit the shots were hard but they make me stronger as a person ! My first cycle I got pregnant the first time and then lost my baby at around 8 weeks ( was at my graduation appointment and the baby had no heartbeat) then had to have a d&c which dr a did. Then two frozen cycles one negative and one positive pregnancy which resulted in another miscarriage at 5 weeks . Currently one second ivf cycle drag transfer was a negative and currently doing a frozen cycle keeping fingers crossed for positive and a healthy baby and pregnancy. We also did isci for all and this time will be doing assisting hatching husband has low sperm count. They did up my meds second cycle and my body responded very well and had a great egg retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Ivf nurse staff)
Amazing I can’t say enough great things about the nursing staff they truly do care and take pride in what they do and actually get to know you and your story ! Always have me hope and made me feel so great and got me through some really hard times that I will never forget
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The staff are so great and know you by name . Always there to answer questions however I would say it would be nice to get to talk to someone when you call inst ad of leaving a message but they do return your call the same day and always there to answer questions! I absolutely love the staff at Irh would remmond to anyone and have sent two friends to them
Very nice expensive but do get self payment discount due to insurance coverage. Have to pay before any cycle no payment plan by schedule
First ivf and fresh suggested only one which we did and after that we have done two and he has been supportive and acknowledges our wishes
Treated 2017 - 2018
I believe Dr Awadalla is a very intelligent and caring Dr, who’s very experienced. That being said, I think he thought my case was an open and shut case- he didn’t find the need to have my husband tested. We went through 2 rounds of timed intercourse, until I asked about getting my husband tested— which resulted in low count, so we were only eligible for IUI, I felt like we wasted time and expenses. Most appointment are short and he rushes in and out, I always have to ask the nurses what’s going on after. Our next round is IVF, and he has yet to explain the procedure and process.
Phone system [at IRH] is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!... In office the nurses were very helpful, they explained everything with great care and always with a smile. To get ahold of them out of office is very difficult, always playing phone tag. A couple times, I was so stressed because I wasn’t able to get ahold of them, and needed a refill of meds I needed to start that day.
Ask lots of questions. Research procedures, medications, ahead of time so you can get the information he might not tell you.
Most times he was rushed, went through injection times very quickly. The first cycle with IUI, his nurse asked is the NP in could complete the procedure because he was busy.
Diagnosed with PCOS: Peometrium to jump start my cycle. Day 3-7 femora to stimulate maturation Day 10 ultrasound (On all five of my cycles, I had to redose femora due to follicles not responding). Ovidrel shot to induce ovulation Timed intercourse/IUI once follicles we’re 12-20mm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Phone system is stressful for the patient, it’s really hard to get a hold of an actual person. No one ever goes over finances for procedures other than IVF. They send everything to insurance, so bills come in randomly. Everyone is super nice! Always with a smile on their faces!
Currently, we’re are around $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
Prescriptions were really hard to relay to my pharmacy. I had to be redosed every cycle- sometimes they forgot to call in, or my new cycle started on a weekend and I could get a hold of them.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Awadalla was so warm. He always seems excited to see me. He is open and direct, while also taking emotions into account... I have PCOS. I took progestin to induce a period and then took Femara for (I believe) about a week. Then I went in for an ultrasound to determine if my follicles were ready. As they were, that night my husband gave me a triggering shot in the thigh and the next morning we went to the Cincinnati office to collect my husbands sample and complete the IUI.
Both the Cincinnati and Florence locations of the clinic [IRH] are clean and organized. The Cincinnati location in particular is actually quite beautiful! The environment is warm and professional, with elegant furniture and a clean space.... The nursing staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Prior to conceiving my first born, they always showed compassion and interest. Once I had conceived, before being released to my OBGYN, the nurses were always quick and happy to answer the many questions I had and to offer comfort and understanding for my concerns.
Dr. Awadalla is wonderful: he is both kind and extremely knowledgeable. My experience conceiving my first son was vastly different from attempts with a previous doctor. I felt Dr. Awadalla was taking care of me and my family rather than just trying to help us get pregnant.
GO FOR IT!
Dr. Awadalla was so warm. He always seems excited to see me. He is open and direct, while also taking emotions into account. Our whole infertility experience changed when we went into his office.
I have PCOS. I took progestin to induce a period and then took Femara for (I believe) about a week. Then I went in for an ultrasound to determine if my follicles were ready. As they were, that night my husband gave me a triggering shot in the thigh and the next morning we went to the Cincinnati office to collect my husbands sample and complete the IUI. We found out several weeks later that we were pregnant with our son. We are now preparing to attempt baby number two and will follow the same process, minus the progestin as I have had a period since I stopped breastfeeding my son.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Both the Cincinnati and Florence locations of the clinic are clean and organized. The Cincinnati location in particular is actually quite beautiful! The environment is warm and professional, with elegant furniture and a clean space.
Florence
Very friendly. Funny. Made me feel very comfortable yet informed.... Very highly recommend. I would recommend him [Dr. Awadalla] to anyone. Really trust him and feel comfortable being in his care....I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance right off the bat. I tried Letrozole but couldn’t ovulate so after ultrasounds confirmed cysts I moved onto injections. I was able to ovulate and had an IUI.... I’ve seen all three docs at IRH and they’re all fantastic.
The Clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] is great. The KY office is very small and is where I’ve spent most of my time. The downtown Cinci location is super nice. I think the staff and doctors are great and I highly recommend them.... I did have one nurse be snarky over giving me a sample of follistim over someone else. It was extremely awkward and I had to go way out of my way to get my medication. Sucked. Overall they’re great.... in my first cycle between the medications, ultrasounds, bloodwork and the IUI I’ve spent about $2,000.
Very highly recommend. I would recommend him to anyone. Really trust him and feel comfortable being in his care. I’ve seen all three docs at IRH and they’re all fantastic. The Clinic staff is friendly and helpful. It is a very nice atmosphere and they treat you like a person—not a number.
Be patient with as it can be a long process but you’re in great hands.
Very friendly. Funny. Made me feel very comfortable yet informed.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance right off the bat. I tried Letrozole but couldn’t ovulate so after ultrasounds confirmed cysts I moved onto injections. I was able to ovulate and had an IUI. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage so now I am having weekly bloodwork as I wait for hormone levels to drop so I can start a new cycle. The doctors at IRH informed me of the chances of a miscarriage and have handled my care very well afterward. They remained positive and upbeat which really helped me feel better.
Overall they’ve been great. I did have one nurse be snarky over giving me a sample of follistim over someone else. It was extremely awkward and I had to go way out of my way to get my medication. Sucked. Overall they’re great.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
The Clinic is great. The KY office is very small and is where I’ve spent most of my time. The downtown Cinci location is super nice. I think the staff and doctors are great and I highly recommend them.

Treated 2017 - 2018
I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer, and I was not made aware of it until the day before. When I was going through IUI, I was informed a NP would be performing the procedure two days before. ...I requested gonadotropin injections with my IUI, but Dr. Awadalla wouldn’t even consider it. Considering my diagnosis of a diminished ovaryreserve, one would think gonadotropin injections would be standard.
A patient must abide by their set schedule (on the weekends), despite what their body is doing. I do believe this negatively affected my outcomes.....I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer....[Nursing Staff] Very helpful, but they aren’t in charge....I felt like a number. Nothing was scheduled according to what my body was doing.... I was over promised on service, and they under delivered.
I felt like a number. Nothing was scheduled according to what my body was doing. It was all according to their set schedule for retrieval & transfer. Also, all embryos were transferred on day 3. After speaking with other endocrinologists, I learned this was too early. No pregnancies.
??
I dealt with the nurses more often. A different doctor performed my second transfer, and I was not made aware of it until the day before. When I was going through IUI, I was informed a NP would be performing the procedure two days before. I didn’t feel like I had an option in any of my attempts.
I requested gonadotropin injections with my IUI, but Dr. Awadalla wouldn’t even consider it. Considering my diagnosis of a diminished ovaryreserve, one would think gonadotropin injections would be standard. No resulting pregnancy.
Very helpful, but they aren’t in charge. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
A patient must abide by their set schedule (on the weekends), despite what their body is doing. I do believe this negatively affected my outcomes. Make sure you are aware of your options, and if this doctor won’t help you pursue them, seek help elsewhere.
I had a very generous insurance plan, covering 2 complete rounds of IVF. I think this is a reason Dr. Awadalla over promised, as he knew he would be paid full price by my insurance company.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
I felt like a number. No F2F with the doctor, & doctor swapping at the last moment. I was over promised on service, and they under delivered.
Cincinnati
I have been happy with Dr Awadalla although I have yet to receive the results I am hoping for. I do wish that he showed a little more compassion for his patients and could slow down a little to listen and explain things.... We began with IUI with Femara for 3 cycles. When that didn’t work I was given the option of IUI with injectibles and Clomid or IVF. We opted for IUI. We underwent one cycle unsuccessfully and were unable to complete the second IUI due to missed ovulation timing.
I really like this clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health-Cincinnati]. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
If you want a doctor who is very straight to the point he’s great. If you want more compassion he may not be the best choice.
He is very straight to the point and often seems rushed. That can come off as making the patient feel like he doesn’t have time for them.
They are very great and friendly!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
I really like this clinic. They’re not perfect, but I’ve been very happy there. This process is very frustrating and defeating, but overall the staff are very supportive and encouraging. The staff always have a positive outlook on the potential successes of my treatments which is frustrating when they aren’t successful, but I appreciate the encouragement.
My costs were pretty significant. I chalk this more up to my insurance not covering anything related to infertility than the clinic being too expensive or unreasonable.
Treated 2017 - 2018
he [Dr. Awadalla] is very welcoming and nice. doesn't just speak about the medical terms and asks about work and our day. he makes us feel like not just a patient. one visit I did feel rushed thru my ultrasound. I left thinking of questions I should have asked, but didn't think about them until later. I wish he had gone in more detail about what each thing meant I the ultrasound and what to expect in the future.
hard to talk to someone on the phone [at Institute for Reproductive Health]. always have to leave a voicemail. receptionist is pleasantly nice and welcoming. nursing staff is amazing and makes you feel comfortable. I like that the sperm wash is right next to the fertility clinic...[nurses had] great bedside manner. very compassionate and understanding. they describe what's next and exactly what to do. even when I had severe cramping and called them, they walked me thru every thing that could have been wrong, and were very supportive
he is very welcoming and nice. doesn't just speak about the medical terms and asks about work and our day. he makes us feel like not just a patient. one visit I did feel rushed thru my ultrasound. I left thinking of questions I should have asked, but didn't think about them until later. I wish he had gone in more detail about what each thing meant I the ultrasound and what to expect in the future.
he small talks, and makes jokes. he doesn't just talk about the medical part of it, and makes me feel like he sincerely cares.
started me on metformin before iui cycles began. low carb diet. be best to lose 20lbs. after 2nd iui produced no follicles, he upped my dosage to 3 pills of femera that same cycle, and tried again. now for my 3rd iui I'm on 3 femeras again.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
hard to talk to someone on the phone. always have to leave a voicemail. receptionist is pleasantly nice and welcoming. nursing staff is amazing and makes you feel comfortable. I like that the sperm wash is right next to the fertility clinic
ultrasounds each about $100 each visit $50 copay iui $500 sperm wash $225 ovidrel $92 femera $10
Treated 2015 - 2018
About $1000 for an IUI cycle with meds [at Institute for Reproductive Health]...I don’t like how hard it is to get someone on the phone, but they do call back quickly. Overall the wait times in the waiting room are good and they’re fast. It’s clean, they have lots of apportionments...I felt like Dr Awadalla was very kind, but also very brief/quick in his visits with us...They’re [nurses] so kind!
He is very knowledge and wise, he has done this for many years. I do believe he cares about his patients and the outcomes. His bedside manner isn’t always the greatest, sometimes he seems rushed. Our first ultrasound with our first successful IUI, Dr. Awadalla didn’t even say hi to or acknowledge my husband. So in that way, you sort of feel like a number. When we came back to try for our second child, i did three IUI cycles that all failed. He continued to keep the same protocol. I called and asked if we could do injectable medications for my 4th cycle. The nurse asked him and he agreed. I’m now 18 weeks with twins. That was a little frustrating, but he has so many patients...i guess just be proactive in your own treatment and ask for things if you think it would be a good avenue to explore. Overall i really liked working with Dr. Awadalla.
They’re so kind!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
About $1000 for an IUI cycle with meds.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] is very kind and has thorough knowledge of the procedures he performs. He was genuinely happy for us when became pregnant. He was honest and did not sugar coat things. He was very optimistic about our outcome, very encouraging.... I felt like a human. He was straight to the point but when we were successful he was very happy for us.
The nurses at IRH are the best nurses I have ever been in the care of. They are incredibly kind, compassionate, and caring.... We only wanted 1 embryo transferred, even though they normally do 2, but they let us decide.... The front desk has a weakness of loosing medical records that we had to mail to them because we couldn't send them electronically. They then acted like it was not a big deal and more of our problem.
He is very kind and has thorough knowledge of the procedures he performs. He was genuinely happy for us when became pregnant. He was honest and did not sugar coat things. He was very optimistic about our outcome, very encouraging.
Go see him!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
About $15,000 for our first IVF cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
The only issue was the front desk loosing a set of my medical records that had personal information in them.
Cincinnati

Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s [Dr. Awadalla] not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos...communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited...Overall a great experience with great people.
[Institute for Reproductive Health] Strengths: up to date treatment and equipment, skilled and experienced doctors, amazing nurses Weaknesses: communication with doctors was not always clear and time with them was limited Overall a great experience with great people...[Nursing Staff] Amazing. So good at returning calls and making me feel like no question was dumb. Best part of this clinic for sure.
Overall I was pleased with my treatment. He’s not overly compassionate or talkative but is kind and good at his job. I’d go back to him again if we have to do another cycle. We had good outcomes with our first cycle and were able to do a fresh transfer and freeze 5 embryos.
Bring questions you have so you can ask when you get the chance with him.
Treated 2016 - 2018
[Dr. Sherif Awadalla was] Sincere. Helpful. Honest...He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that...A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise...Great experience...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF... It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end.
[Nurses at the Institute for Reproductive Health were] Helpful. Thorough. Available...Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000...It’s a long drive for us bc we live in Louisville. It’s clean and comfortable. We went to the Florence clinic at times but could not perform transfers at this clinic which is unfortunate. I would rate the clinic higher if the Florence office was available for transfers...A lot was based on weight. So he [Dr. Awadalla] recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Great experience just want my wife to be pregnant It’s very expensive and time consuming but hopefully will be worth it in the end. He gave great tips to both of us during the retrieval process and I appreciate that
Be patient
Sincere. Helpful. Honest
A lot was based on weight. So he recommended a healthy diet and exercise.
Helpful. Thorough. Available
Total 3 IUI and 1 IVF is about 16000
Single embryo transfer but will discuss multiple transfers on March 19th
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Awadalla was kind during each treatment. He was realistic about outcomes and what to expect. Prior to diagnosing an ectopic pregnancy, he explained the process of lab work and the possible results. He was honest about what may happen before, during, and after surgery...I would tell a prospective patient to be patient. You may not get the results you are hoping for right away...During an IUI treatment, the first step is to take an ovulation medication (such as Femara) to stimulate ovulation. Next, an ultrasound is scheduled to view potential mature eggs. An injection (such as Ovidrel) is scheduled to be given to release a mature egg. Within 24-48 hours the patient returns for the insemination. Then the 2 week wait begins before a pregnancy test is taken to determine if the patient is pregnant.
The nursing staff [at Institute for Reproductive Health] were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way...without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900...All staff in the clinic were friendly and honest with us throughout the entire process. They made us feel comfortable and respected our privacy. They were understanding and compassionate. I felt confident in decision making and well informed about the risks and benefits.
The nursing staff were friendly, kind, and understanding. They supported us each step along the way.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Insurance paid for some of the costs but without insurance an IUI and sperm wash is around $900.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] was great from start to finish, we knew every step what was happening and he always answered all our questions. He was prompt and never kept us waiting long. We were able to talk with him anytime we needed even when out of the clinic. ... He would transfer just one if it looked perfect, two if the first one was anything but perfect.
Strength of the clinic [Institute for Reproductive Health] clean, calming and comfortable. Weakness of the clinic we had to travel over an hour to get there but that is not the clinics fault. Prompt service from everyone at all times. ... They called to check on me, I could call anytime with questions and they would return my call very quickly. They made sure I knew everything going on.
He was great from start to finish, we knew every step what was happening and he always answered all our questions. He was prompt and never kept us waiting long. We were able to talk with him anytime we needed even when out of the clinic.
Don’t wait, just go and see him!!
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
Strength of the clinic clean, calming and comfortable. Weakness of the clinic we had to travel over an hour to get there but that is not the clinics fault. Prompt service from everyone at all times.
Egg retrieval and one round approx $15,000 including medications.
Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Sherif Awadalla] made my husband and I feel comfortable immediately. He made sure both myself and my husband understood everything, and made us feel comfortable asking questions. He is honest and to the point, and has incredible bedside manner. We did one round of ivf with no eggs that survived to freeze and did not get a positive pregnancy test. He was so kind and called to check on us and offered an updated treatment plan. He is amazing.
[IRH-Cincinnati is a] Huge clinic with many locations and years of experience. The only weakness is that the physician who did my transfer did not follow Dr. Awadalla’s plan in how many embryos to transfer, so i feel that consistency in situations that you must see multiple MDs is imperative.... Penny is incredibly kind and knowledgeable. Her bedside manner is great. Our educator, i can’t remember her name, but she was an ARNP, was equally as incredible. She was excited to teach, patient, and very knowledgeable. You can tell she loves her job.
He made my husband and I feel comfortable immediately. He made sure both myself and my husband understood everything, and made us feel comfortable asking questions. He is honest and to the point, and has incredible bedside manner. We did one round of ivf with no eggs that survived to freeze and did not get a positive pregnancy test. He was so kind and called to check on us and offered an updated treatment plan. He is amazing.
He is great and they will love him.
Dr Awadalla is amazing! He is funny and kind, honest, and really takes the time to get to know his patients on a personal level.
After 4 failed IUIs his recommendation was to go straight to IVF with ICSI. His plan was to transfer 2 embryos however we went in over the weekend and another physician was on call and only transferred one. Unfortunately it did not result in a positive pregnancy and our other 2 embryos degraded before they were able to be frozen. Dr. Awadalla called and discussed a plan for higher stim with drugs next cycle to hopefully get more embryos and with a plan to do assisted hatching as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: I spoke with several RNs. Penny, and an ARNP who educated us)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Health.
One cycle with ICSI that included a self pay discount was around $10,000 not including meds. My insurance covered visits and labs.
Due to my age, he wanted to transfer two.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Health?
As I stated earlier, the plan to transfer 2 embryos did not happen as the physician who did my transfer only wanted to do 1. We only had a total of 3. The one transferred failed and the remaining 2 degraded before being able to freeze. I feel some regret in not having fought for Dr. Awadalla’s initial plan in the moment since we lost all of our embryos.