5.6

Shirley Fong works at

Fontana
9961 Sierra Ave
Fontana, CA 92335

Dr. Fong has a very soft bedside manner and seems to care, but at times it is difficult to make sure you see her at all appointments. Dr. Fong is not always available. During one cycle, neither Dr. was available and patients were told to wait until next cycle.... I had an IUI done and it was negative. Next IUI, medication was increased and my cycle had to be cancelled because I had too many follicles that were going to be released. I felt this cycle was poorly monitored
The nursing staff in the front office seem to have some sympathy and seem to care. They do try and return your call or email asap.... at Kaiser, as patients, we do not always get to see our doctors. Sometimes we are seen by another Dr. or RN, this makes me feel a little less important because I feel, I am not getting the care I deserve from one individual and there might be some miscommunication at times when there are a few people involved in my care.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Please go in with a goal. If they can not do anything for you in the first 3 months please seek other help. I feel as if I lost time and some money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Fong has been a little more proactive than my last doctor, but at Kaiser, as patients, we do not always get to see our doctors. Sometimes we are seen by another Dr. or RN, this makes me feel a little less important because I feel, I am not getting the care I deserve from one individual and there might be some miscommunication at times when there are a few people involved in my care.
Describe the protocols Shirley Fong used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I am currently still under treatment. I was suggested 3 medicated cycles with injections. First cycle was using Menopur and dosages were increased for almost 12 days. I had an IUI done and it was negative. Next IUI, medication was increased and my cycle had to be cancelled because I had too many follicles that were going to be released. I felt this cycle was poorly monitored and there was no communication from my Dr.When I when in for the ultrasound,the RN suggested I cancel and asked why my Dr. did not bring me in earlier, it was a holiday.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Ask Dr. all the questions possible. Make them spend time with you and answer any concerns you may have. Do not let them tell you they do not have room for you when you are making appointments. Make sure nurses go over all medication with you and your partner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covers most of my office visits, medications, and procedures.
Shirley Fong
Fontana

2013 - 2019, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Fong] listens and makes you feel like you matter. ... I didn’t get to see her much because she works primarily down in LA. But when I did see her she was always nice and very pleasant ... I felt comfortable with her. ... She showed compassion and sympathy ... She tried iui ... Make the appointment way in advance she is always booked ... I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP [Kaiser Permanente].
It was the day of the Iui my np was not in and she rescheduled me with another np. The np said she would see me the next day by the time she saw me she said i should have seen her yesterday. I explained that they cancelled my appointment and rescheduled me for next day. She cancelled my Iui cycle. It was stressful. I post $3k that cycle ... The staff [Kaiser Permanente] was nice. Location was centrally located. I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP.
How was your experience with Shirley Fong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She listens and makes you feel like you matter. I felt comfortable with her. I didn’t get to see her much because she works primarily down in LA. But when I did see her she was always nice and very pleasant
Make the appointment way in advance she is always booked
She showed compassion and sympathy
She tried iui
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Kamala heisser )
Kamala is the best
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
It’s expensive when you don’t have fertility coverage . I really wanted something a bit more affordable. The staff was nice. Location was centrally located. I would definitely recommend Kamala she was a great NP.
$3k per Iui cycle
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Shirley Fong