Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Minnesota
1322 Pineview Dr
Morgantown, WV 26505
304-598-3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shon Rowan to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 71%Neutral: 29%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor
At all of my appointments I felt well cared for. All of the procedures were well explained. Dr. Rowan is very matter of fact so much so at times his bed side manner suffers. At each appointment I came prepared with questions and he was very patient with me and answered all of them. ... For 10 days follistimAQ 225 iu once a day,menopur 75iu once a day. The last 5 days Ganirelix 250 mcg with the other injections. Trigger shot with Chor Gonadot 10,000 unt injection. 9 eggs were retrieved, 4 were mature, 4 fertilized with ICSI. 1 at day 5 and biopsied for PGS.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Advocate for your care and research your problems.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Felt that he cared about our case.
Describe the protocols Shon Rowan used in your cycles at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Karen Merryman)
Karen explained the IVF process very well. She helped when were having issues with the pharmacy and PGS testing. At times she was too busy to return calls but I think that was do to a busy time period before the lab closed. My husband did not like her. He thought she was rude when explaining options.
Describe your experience with West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The other nurses at the clinic are the absolute best! The receptionist and billing office were fantastic also. The office is in a convenient location. Some days you might have to wait a while for you appointment but everyone is friendly and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The total was $14,000. Just the egg retrieval and ivf with ICSI was $10,000 and the tranfer would have been the other $4,000.
What specific things went wrong at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Morgantown

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shon Rowan at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Even though he [Dr. Rowan] had a large patient load because of a doctor resigning I always felt like he cared about my questions and concerns...he is open to more modern treatments and tests. My first doctor would not do an HSG on me because he stated it was not necessary but Dr. Rowan insisted that it WAS needed and I gladly did it. He always listens to me and does not make me feel like I’m bothering him...We always did either clomid or letrozole every cycle and both of those made me have hot flashes and feel pretty tired.
Dr. Rowan is younger so he is open to more modern treatments and tests. My first doctor would not do an HSG on me because he stated it was not necessary but Dr. Rowan insisted that it WAS needed and I gladly did it. He always listens to me and does not make me feel like I’m bothering him.
Come with a list of questions and options you are willing to try.
Even though he had a large patient load because of a doctor resigning I always felt like he cared about my questions and concerns.
We always did either clomid or letrozole every cycle and both of those made me have hot flashes and feel pretty tired. We had one cycle of dexamethasone which i did not like at all! It made my blood pressure go up which made me have a red face and ears and just feel lousy. We had 3 trigger shots. One before each IUI we did which all failed. They didn’t cause any side effects other than my skin was sore and red at the injection site. All medications created 2 good size follicles every cycle but did not result in pregnancy.
The nurses are very sweet and understanding. You can call them at any time and they will try to answer you then or call you back shortly. I always feel calm talking to them.
Right now they are short a specialist so getting a good appointment that fits my work schedule is very hard. I have to take time off work a good bit now. The clinic is very clean and feels like someone’s house and not a clinic.
During my cycle visits all I had to pay was my copay. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover IUI so that was completely out of pocket.
Describe Shon Rowan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at West Virginia University Center for Reproductive Medicine.
None
Morgantown

First cycle provera was used [by Dr. Shon Rowan] to induce my period. U/s showed mass in uterus so a hysteroscopy & d/c were performed. We then moved onto several rounds of letrazole & clomid. Other meds included vaginal progesterone, actos & dexamethasone. We are currently trying Injectibles (follistim) w/ no pregnancy thus far...Sometimes it seems like I dont get the chance to ask questions like I would like. I believe he has my best interest at heart but at times I feel rushed. Always very friendly. Instead of him stating everything I need to know i sometimes feel like I'm left hanging and tend to have to ask the nurses questions
Be your own advocate. If you have a gut feeling SAY IT. At the end of the day its YOUR money that's being spent. Dont let them make you feel rushed. They are there because of YOU.
Human 100% the front desk girl rocks and I never have to give my name. from calling and them knowing exactly who I am to walking in the door. I'm treated like a friend.
First cycle provera was used to induce my period. U/s showed mass in uterus so a hysteroscopy & d/c were performed. We then moved onto several rounds of letrazole & clomid. Other meds included vaginal progesterone, actos & dexamethasone. We are currently trying Injectibles (follistim) w/ no pregnancy thus far
They rockkkkkk!!!!!!! from the moment I walk in the door to the time I leave I feel 100% comfortable. We definitely are a TEAM
-nursing team is awesome. -mail order pharmacy's could communicate alittle bit better with the clinic. (Ex. Sometimes I have to call the clinic and have them do more things to get my meds pushed through) -great at getting you squeezed in
Each doc visit is $99 vaginal ultrasounds are $299 iuis $212. Meds per cycles $8-1500 a cycle

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Rowan gets right to the point about your diagnosis and treatments options. He will also give you all of your treatment options and the pros and cons of each...We tried natural cycles, timed intercourse, timed intercourse with Clomid and Femara, IUIs with Clomid and Femara, and IVF. Our one and only retrieval and transfer resulted in the birth of my son...Dr. Rowan is very friendly and is great at explaining the process of fertility treatments. He gets right to the point and doesn't encourage false hope.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Rowan is very friendly and is great at explaining the process of fertility treatments. He gets right to the point and doesn't encourage false hope. I appreciate that he always gives me the pros and cons of a treatment.
I would tell a prospective patient that Dr. Rowan gets right to the point about your diagnosis and treatments options. He will also give you all of your treatment options and the pros and cons of each.
Dr. Rowan and his staff have always treated me very well.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and compassionate. The nurse coordinator was always available via phone, email, and text.
Strengths: The providers and staff at this clinic are friendly, knowledgeable, understanding, and very professional. The clinic is a small and private setting, which made me feel more comfortable. Also, the egg retrieval and transfer is done in the clinic, so you do not have to go to a separate facility. Weaknesses: Parking at the clinic was sometimes difficult, as the parking lot is small and shared with another clinic.
IUIs approximately $700 (including meds from pharmacy) IVF with Fresh Transfer approximately $8,000 to $9,000 Frozen Embryo Transfer approximately $3,200 Embryo Freezing $500 for 1 year
Dr. Rowan is realistic about eSET and multiple embryo transfer. He gives you the choice, but will also give you his recommendation.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Rowan does a great job at answering my questions and looking into the details of complaints. He is caring... bedside manner is good as he takes time and does not hurry the appointment. gave me hope in that I could still conceive even with my diminishing ovarian reserve. He tried multiple things to get me to ovulate through medications...He is thorough at trying to figure a solution to all problems...I had two cycles of medications starting with Letrozole. when I went back for the US to see if it was working he prescribed me another round of medicine right there at a higher dose to try and induce ovulation. this happened for two cycles.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Is detailed in answering my questions. bedside manner is good as he takes time and does not hurry the appointment. gave me hope in that I could still conceive even with my diminishing ovarian reserve. He tried multiple things to get me to ovulate through medications
Bringing your spouse to the appointment helps immensely as he seems to like to meet them. He is thorough at trying to figure a solution to all problems.
I am very happy with the nursing staff even on delicate subjects the reassurance and compassion they show are amazing.
The clinic is separate from the main campus of the hospital. it is nice and private. warm and inviting and the rooms where plans are discussed are homey feeling and not like a office setting or regular exam room which gives you a more relaxed feel.
costs for most office visits are covered by my insurance. all medications that are prescribed are not. testing like labs and ultrasounds are partially covered because I work for another hospital in town.
Morgantown

I’m not sure how he does it, but Dr. Rowan is one of the most attentive dr’s I have ever had. He is always available to answer questions, and makes sure you understand every aspect of the treatment. I would recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility issues.... First iui we did letrozole for 5 days, and then trigger shot, and an iui. That one ended up failing. Second treatment we did letrozole, steroid, trigger, and iui.
I feel like a human at Dr. Rowan’s office, because I am always heard. They listen to every concern, and answer every question I have in detail.
First iui we did letrozole for 5 days, and then trigger shot, and an iui. That one ended up failing. Second treatment we did letrozole, steroid, trigger, and iui. That resulted in pregnancy, but ended in a miscarriage at 11 weeks 4 days due to a chromosome issue. Third iui was letrozole, and trigger shot, then iui. This one failed, and when we tried to started another iui we found that I had a cyst from the treatment. We are currently taking some time off.
The nursing staff is the best. They are always so kind, and show so much compassion.
They are really good at communicating with you throughout the treatments. They explain everything to you in detail each time you are in there. They are quick with getting any type of blood work results to you, and are always available to call if you have any questions or concerns.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Shon Rowan] spoke to you on a level you understood. Every time you went to dr office you would personally see and speak to dr rowan after the U/S or whatever you are having done. When you feel you cant take anymore and have partial melt downs he talks with you and sees what you are wanting to do. He never gave any false hope which for some may not be a positive thing but it helps you understand where you are at and where you stand in your treatment
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
On first visit he did tests then sat down and explained everything not being rushed and let you ask whatever questions you may have. After couple IUI fails if he doesnt think its going to work due to unforseen circumstances he didnt waste your money by continually trying and moved to next step. Explained before reasons why he may next be able to retrieve eggs so that you as the patient arent going in knowing you have so many eggs yet he was unable to retrieve. Gives you everything from the beginning and doesnt completely sugar coat what may or may not happen but in a very polite professional kind way!
If you want a dr that will sit down and speak to you on your level and do all he can but will also tell you when he cant instead of having you go through hoops of medications and failed attempts. But he will also do all he can to get you that baby you want then he is the man you want:)
He spoke to you on a level you understood. Every time you went to dr office you would personally see and speak to dr rowan after the U/S or whatever you are having done. When you feel you cant take anymore and have partial melt downs he talks with you and sees what you are wanting to do. He never gave any false hope which for some may not be a positive thing but it helps you understand where you are at and where you stand in your treatment
5 of femara for 2 cycles with shot for timed ovulation for the iui which both failed. 3rd iui was given 7.5 of femara but only side that may have been blocked produced so cancelled after U/S for rest of IUI
Very well educated with any questions i had when i would call. Typically saw the same nurse but i have a bad memory for names. Very compassionate when they see its not going as it is suppose to.
Only thing i had any issues with was first time going i didnt realize the fertility clinic was in the side door so i sat downstairs in the OB/GYN part until someone noticed that we were there then sent us upstairs. Very nice environment!
Each IUI cost around 700.00 A sheet was given where it would cost all together with medications for IVF around 14,000 give ot take if by chance any of my medications would be covered. I personally had no coverage for anything including any testing to see where the problem lied with why we werent getting pregnant
We hadnt gotten that far because during time i was taking birth control and about to start baseline for IVF I got pulmonary embolisms so waiting to be cleared but will update if possible