Shady Grove Fertility

Medical SchoolN. Eastern Ohio U.
ResidencySumma Health
Woodbridge
13580 Groupe Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-680-1770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shruti Malik to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Malik is straight forward and honest. She gave me my chances of being successful with IVF using my own eggs and let my husband and I make our decision to use a donor egg. She has been supportive and welcoming to anyone who has come to my appointment with me. Her honesty and warmness has kept me at my clinic.... So far we have done a mock transfer and I am waiting for my next cycle to start so that a mock medicated cycle can be done. Stay tuned!
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared with questions because she will answer them ALL! She will make sure of it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
I am referenced by my name and all the medical staff are familiar with my story. The donor coordinator breaks everything down step by step and makes sure that I understand why we are doing what we are doing.
Describe the protocols Shruti Malik used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
Patti is always willing to answer questions and respects that I work full time. That means so much to me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My clinic has several offices in my area, but not all clinics are able to accomplish the same tasks. I frequently have to travel to a clinic that is open (often depends on timeframe in my cycle) and it’s not always convenient for a full time job. If they are able to accommodate with a phone visit, respond via email, or give me the last appointment of the day then they will. The plus side is that many locations so there is always one open.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility.
Estimating currently at $26,000
Fairfax
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] was great and very detailed during one on one consultations, however, during treatment cycles she was MIA and we never heard from her directly. When she did call, we often would hear her typing in the background which often felt like she wasn't really paying attention...It doesn't feel like they take a good personal approach, rather, they try to apply the same to all.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was great and very detailed during one on one consultations, however, during treatment cycles she was MIA and we never heard from her directly. When she did call, we often would hear her typing in the background which often felt like she wasn't really paying attention.
Advocate for yourself. Just because they recommended something doesn't mean you have to go through with it. Stick with your gut.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff was great. They will end up being your primary points of contact. I could contact them on the phone and they would pick up as long as it was during business hours. I also had their e-mail address and they were very prompt to respond.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It feels like they try to fit everyone into the same mold. They often provide papers with a list of instructions for medications, treatments, etc. If you look closely the some of the forms are dated years ago. It doesn't feel like they take a good personal approach, rather, they try to apply the same to all. The pros are that there are so many offices in the area, you can always go to one of the other locations if you aren't able to make it into yours for monitoring. There is also 24/7 phone lines and weekend monitoring, you just will likely deal with nurses and doctors you aren't as familiar with.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Fair Oaks
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] has a nice "bedside manner" even though she never actually participated in any of my procedures.... We did 3 cycles of IUI. First I was on Clomid, the emotional side effects were terrible for me and I was quite angry about how I felt while on the medication because it basically put me into a panic attack state for a couple of days. With this feedback the next two cycles used Femara instead. We did 3 cycles of IUI and none of them worked.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Malik went through the same initial presentation as another Shady Grove doctor, complete with hand drawing of uterus and fallopian tubes. She has a nice "bedside manner" even though she never actually participated in any of my procedures.
Speak up if you think something is not going well.
I felt that Dr. Shruti really did understand how difficult this process was for me and she called me directly after at least one failed IUI and talked about my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
Alison was responsive, polite, and professional.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This clinic is conveniently located near Route 50 and Route 66. It's right next to a Mall, so if you feel upset after your visit there are many outlets for your feelings there. The office is pretty boring, it's not particularly nice waiting there but nothing terrible either.
I had insurance that covered up to 6 rounds of IUI when I saw Dr. Malik.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.... She was very honest with us about my treatment and she was willing to work with us in deciding which approaches to use.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.
Be a strong advocate for what is the best for you. Dr. Malik or the clinic may not agree with the initial request but she is always willing to work with the patient’s request.
We use fertility drugs (bravelle and hsg trigger shot).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team of three nurses )
They were wonderful, especially with showing us to how to do the shots.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Fertility is a wonderful clinic. They do everything there so it means that you don’t have to drive all over the place for testing, monitoring, and procedure. I highly recommend this clinic.
Approximately $1,000
Describe Shruti Malik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.