9.7

Arlington
901 N Stuart Street Suite 610
Arlington, VA 22201
703.574.3772

She [Dr. Malik] was very pleasant and sat and talked with me . I did but feel rushed fir the consultation. However I asked her before I got started if they could do just my blood work and testing for another site I was doing the ivf from and she assured me that they could. I later found out they they could not. Which was extremely heart breaking ...
There should be more private reception area [at Shady Grove]. The reception area is right by the waiting area and every one can hear what ever you have to discuss with them. The billing area is right there. The reception speak loud. We are there for an already sensitive topic . ... The nursing staff did not seem rude but were not very welcoming and friendly
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was very pleasant and sat and talked with me . I did but feel rushed fir the consultation. However I asked her before I got started if they could do just my blood work and testing for another site I was doing the ivf from and she assured me that they could. I later found out they they could not. Which was extremely heart breaking
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure she knows exactly what she is saying is correct information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
The first time I went I was treated well but after felt like a number
Describe the protocols Shruti Malik used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I was ordered to do a saline sonogram
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
The nursing staff did not seem rude but were not very welcoming and friendly
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
There should be more private reception area. The reception area is right by the waiting area and every one can hear what ever you have to discuss with them. The billing area is right there. The reception speak loud. We are there for an already sensitive topic .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility.
I am not sure
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I was told that they could do all bloodwork and monitor to me for ivf since my clinic that I was using for the ivf was out of state . They told me to find a place to monitor me and that could do my test locally.
Shruti Malik
Fair Oaks
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] has a nice "bedside manner" even though she never actually participated in any of my procedures.... We did 3 cycles of IUI. First I was on Clomid, the emotional side effects were terrible for me and I was quite angry about how I felt while on the medication because it basically put me into a panic attack state for a couple of days. With this feedback the next two cycles used Femara instead. We did 3 cycles of IUI and none of them worked.
This clinic [Shady Grove-Fair Oaks] is conveniently located near Route 50 and Route 66. It's right next to a Mall, so if you feel upset after your visit there are many outlets for your feelings there. The office is pretty boring, it's not particularly nice waiting there but nothing terrible either... Alison [a nurse] was responsive, polite, and professional.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Malik went through the same initial presentation as another Shady Grove doctor, complete with hand drawing of uterus and fallopian tubes. She has a nice "bedside manner" even though she never actually participated in any of my procedures.
Speak up if you think something is not going well.
I felt that Dr. Shruti really did understand how difficult this process was for me and she called me directly after at least one failed IUI and talked about my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alison)
Alison was responsive, polite, and professional.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This clinic is conveniently located near Route 50 and Route 66. It's right next to a Mall, so if you feel upset after your visit there are many outlets for your feelings there. The office is pretty boring, it's not particularly nice waiting there but nothing terrible either.
I had insurance that covered up to 6 rounds of IUI when I saw Dr. Malik.
Shruti Malik