9.8

Arlington
901 N Stuart Street Suite 610
Arlington, VA 22201
703.574.3772

Great bedside manner. Calls after a procedure (iui and failed transfer). She [Dr. Malik] is pregnant and going on maternity leave so my care will be handed off to another doctor. She did perform my iui, but I was under the care of Dr. greenhouse. When he passed then she took over my care.... The person who did your consultation, came up With your protocol isn’t the one who does the egg retrieval or transfers.... Microdose Lupron with birth control.
They [Shady Grove Fertility] have so many patients, everyone is put on the same cycle-for controlled cycles. The person who did your consultation, came up With your protocol isn’t the one who does the egg retrieval or transfers.... Weakness- financial dept. you have to stay on top of them.... Strength- my nurse, dr. Malik and all who work there.... Bet good nursing care. She always informed me, answered any questions i had
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Great bedside manner. Calls after a procedure (iui and failed transfer). She is pregnant and going on maternity leave so my care will be handed off to another doctor. She did perform my iui, but I was under the care of Dr. greenhouse. When he passed then she took over my care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
They have so many patients, everyone is put on the same cycle-for controlled cycles. The person who did your consultation, came up With your protocol isn’t the one who does the egg retrieval or transfers.
Describe the protocols Shruti Malik used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Microdose Lupron with birth control. I was on bcp for 2 weeks, had sono and blood after bcp. Then started Microdose Lupron 20 units BID, 3 days later I started Gonal F -450 and Menopur 150 at night. I stimmed for 12 days. I had no follicles on the left and 4 on the right. At my last sonogram they counted 7 follicle on the right. I had a cyst that was seen at day 5 monitoring. At retrieval they got 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized with ICSI. 1 out of 5 didn’t fertilize normally. Day 5, day of fresh transfer: 1 5 AA blastocyst, one was a day 4 and the other 2 they were watching. The ones they were watching didn’t make it to freeze. This cycle was a failed transfer.negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice )
Bet good nursing care. She always informed me, answered any questions i had
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Weakness- financial dept. you have to stay on top of them. The dr who came up with your protocol probably won’t be the one doing retrieval or transfer. Strength- my nurse, dr. Malik and all who work there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have coverage through insurance right now. 500 deductible and 200 for medication
Fair Oaks

Dr. Malik is straight forward and honest. She gave me my chances of being successful with IVF using my own eggs and let my husband and I make our decision to use a donor egg. She has been supportive and welcoming to anyone who has come to my appointment with me. Her honesty and warmness has kept me at my clinic.... So far we have done a mock transfer and I am waiting for my next cycle to start so that a mock medicated cycle can be done. Stay tuned!
My clinic [Shady Grove] has several offices in my area, but not all clinics are able to accomplish the same tasks. I frequently have to travel to a clinic that is open (often depends on timeframe in my cycle) and it’s not always convenient for a full time job. If they are able to accommodate with a phone visit, respond via email, or give me the last appointment of the day then they will. The plus side is that many locations so there is always one open.
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be prepared with questions because she will answer them ALL! She will make sure of it!
I am referenced by my name and all the medical staff are familiar with my story. The donor coordinator breaks everything down step by step and makes sure that I understand why we are doing what we are doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patti)
Patti is always willing to answer questions and respects that I work full time. That means so much to me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My clinic has several offices in my area, but not all clinics are able to accomplish the same tasks. I frequently have to travel to a clinic that is open (often depends on timeframe in my cycle) and it’s not always convenient for a full time job. If they are able to accommodate with a phone visit, respond via email, or give me the last appointment of the day then they will. The plus side is that many locations so there is always one open.
Estimating currently at $26,000
Fairfax
2015, Successful
She [Dr. Shruti Malik] was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.... She was very honest with us about my treatment and she was willing to work with us in deciding which approaches to use.
Shady Grove Fertility is a wonderful clinic. They do everything there so it means that you don’t have to drive all over the place for testing, monitoring, and procedure. I highly recommend this clinic....They [the nursing staff] were wonderful, especially with showing us to how to do the shots.... We use fertility drugs (bravelle and hsg trigger shot).
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was the third doctor that we worked with on my infertility issues. Unlike the first two who immediately said that I was unable to conceive naturally and recommended IVFs instead of IUI. Dr. Malik listened to us and agreed to try a round of IUI after it was determined that we would not qualify for the clinic’s IVF package plan.
Be a strong advocate for what is the best for you. Dr. Malik or the clinic may not agree with the initial request but she is always willing to work with the patient’s request.
We use fertility drugs (bravelle and hsg trigger shot).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team of three nurses )
They were wonderful, especially with showing us to how to do the shots.
Approximately $1,000
Describe Shruti Malik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Fair Oaks
I was able to sit down with Dr. Malik prior to even having treatment done. She didn't rush me or give me a run down like I was "just another patient". She listened to what I had to say and moved forward with treatment that way...I had a bit of trouble with my IUI procedure (my fault as my cervix is fussy). Dr. Malik didn't hesitate and gave instructions in order to get it done! She said don't worry, we'll get it to cooperate and sure enough it did. Again, I didn't feel like a number, but rather a patient.
Patrice [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] is AMAZING!! She's very thorough with her explanations and makes sure that you understand everything that's going on...Weaknesses: I called to find out about getting day 3 bloodwork done. The front desk person gave me the astronomical price for bloodwork, but didn't mention that I could also go to LabCorp and get it done for way cheaper. I was a bit concerned that it wasn't even mentioned as an option. Strengths: Short wait time to be seen, my nurse (Patrice).
How was your experience with Shruti Malik at Shady Grove Fertility?
I had a bit of trouble with my IUI procedure (my fault as my cervix is fussy). Dr. Malik didn't hesitate and gave instructions in order to get it done! She said don't worry, we'll get it to cooperate and sure enough it did. Again, I didn't feel like a number, but rather a patient. It was the first time that my husband met her and he to took to her personality and demeanor. That sealed the deal for me! Whether we end up succeeding or not with a child, I'm glad that I'm under the care of Dr. Malik.
Be ready to let her know exactly what's going on and don't hold anything back! The more you tell her, the better!
I have a fussy cervix and it takes doctors a while to find. Sometimes they get frustrated and have to call other doctors in to help. Dr. Malik was a pro, found it and made it work. Although the IUI was unsuccessful, at least I know that I have a doctor who puts in the work!
Patrice is AMAZING!! She's very thorough with her explanations and makes sure that you understand everything that's going on.
HSG test, day 3 bloodwork, IUI procedure