Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
ResidencyGeorge Washington
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
555 N. New Ballas Rd
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shvetha Zarek to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of St. Louis to a friend?
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
She [Dr. Zarek] is up front and honest about every possibility...She always asked me questions to really make sure I was doing ok and how my husband and I were doing. Very personal care. You can really feel that she wants you to have a successful cycle...She genuinely cares about her patients...At my second appt I bawled my eyes out while she hugged me because I had gotten upsetting news about a family member. The next time I came in she had gotten a card and had the staff sign it. She texts me to make sure I'm doing ok too.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
Dr Zarek is amazing. She genuinely cares about her patients. She always asked me questions to really make sure I was doing ok and how my husband and I were doing. Very personal care. You can really feel that she wants you to have a successful cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
Ask her questions about anything and everything. Utilize her helpfulness. Be prepared to have hard conversations. She is up front and honest about every possibility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
When i had the phone consultation we spent the first 20 minutes talking about life. She was asking qurstions about me, not just my medical histoey. The first time I met her she gave me a huge hug. At my second appt I bawled my eyes out while she hugged me because I had gotten upsetting news about a family member. The next time I came in she had gotten a card and had the staff sign it. She texts me to make sure I'm doing ok too.
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of St. Louis and their degree of success.
I started with lupron and prednisone. Then swapped lupron for Ganirelix. The day I started stims I added folic acid, 450 follistim (for just 2 days then 300 after that), lovenox and kept Ganirelix and prednisone. On day 3 of stims I added .5ml of menopur. I was on all of that until trigger. The day of my first ultrasound I also had 1 bag of intralipids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Everyone is very sweet and caring. My nurse wasn't always that responsive. I sent her an email while she was on vacation and it wasn't all an urgent matter (the part that was I just text dr zarek). So I waited to hear from her. It's been over a week since she got back and I still haven't heard from except that she sent me my paperwork for my fet.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
The staff is their biggest strength. They all are wonderful and very friendly. Weaknesses are that they are so busy that they sometimes seem very rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
The fresh retrieval and transfer was 8284, plus anesthesia, plus freezing, plus meds. The FET normally is 3700 but because a freeze all was medically necessary and I did not have a transfer with my paid cycle they are not charing me. We also added PGS testing. Its 1625 for biopsy and freezing, 385 for the first embryo and 250 for every embryo after that.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
My dr was very straight forward ND said she usually only ever recommends 1 embryo. That way if it doesn't work you have the most chances to do everything you can. I.e. adding meds, changing meds,doing an era test, etc.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Zarek went over every past treatment with our previous doctor and she went in depth as to what treatments we would be doing under hercare, what tests we'd undergo, how the process goes for an IVF cycle, we met with her nurse and the financial coordinator all in our initial appointment with her so we knew what to expect. She's warm and friendly and has an amazing bedside manner. After my unsuccessful HSG, and very painful fluid US, she hugged me and told me it will be ok, we will be successful. She told me to be positive, even after finding out my tubes are closed. She has such faith in what she does, plus her success in the past truly speaks for itself.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
I've had no negative experience under her care, so I'd say my advice would be to expect to sit down for a lengthy meeting with her and it's not a fast process, it takes time to get your plan together.
Dr Zarek sat down with my husband and I and went in depth with us about our history, our previous fertility treatments, and our options and plan for further treatment under her care. We never felt like a burden, or that she wasn't interested. She is warm and has a positive outlook for our care.
Currently, she is treating me for critically low Vit D levels and I'm taking 50,000 Units once a week, also my thyroid is low so I'm on 75 mcg Synthroid once a day. We are finishing up initial testing so we can start an IVF cycle in July. We just found out that my tubes are closed, so my only option to ever carry my own child is via IVF. So we will start further meds in a couple months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Merry Kay )
Merry Kay was so warm and compassionate. She further explained what we would be going through and how the process works. She's called promptly with lab results, and really took the time to listen to us. My husband and I are both nurses ourselves, but this is new territory for us and we were glad to have her as our nurse.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
This clinic is amazing g. This is our 2nd fertility clinic, and compared to the last one, we are over the moon happy with our plan to have a baby. We feel so at ease and welcome when we go in for appointments. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are so friendly and call you by name. You never have to wait for an appointment like at some offices, and our very first appointment Dr Zarek came to the waiting room herself to take us to her office. That is true customer service.
As of currently, we've paid $50 per appointment under our insurance and we've went to facilities appropriate for our labs and HSG testing, meaning no out of pocket costs yet. As far as IVF costs, we will have $4000 lifetime covered by insurance and we will put $4000 down as deposit, with the rest of costs to be discussed as we go through the process.
We have not done this yet, however, she does prefer to only transfer 1 embryo the first try, but will transfer 2 if we desire, but no more than that.
Creve Coeur
Dr Zarek personally called me to check to see how I was doing. We had her personal contact info during treatments and after. She still messages me to check in and it has been a year since we were under her care. She made sure all questions were answered and always talked in terms we understood. Absolutely loved Dr Zarek.... Dr Zarek was very thorough from the day we met her. She always explained things in ways we could understand and tested for things no once else did. She is very passionate about her job and it truly shows.
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
I would say trust her with your full heart because she has you best interest at heart. She will not put you through testing etc tgat is not needed.
Do to previous testing we had been through and our histories Dr Zarek recommended IVF for best results. This was not the case with previous Dr and we had wasted TONS of money and meds etc on multiple IUI. She also tested and treated myself for killer cells before and after each transfer. This was done because of positive blood test for killer cells. After 1st ivf which ended in chemical pregnancy my meds were adjusted and 2nd 1vf was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Amy was excellent. Always returned calls promptly and answered any questions we had. Always assured us to call if we needed anything and that's what she was there for. Also stopped into to see us every time we were at the office. Amy loves her job and it shows.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
The clinic is very well ran and everyone works together as a team to help you in anyway possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
My husband and I felt like we were part of her [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] family, not just her patients. She is very caring, down to earth, blunt and funny...we did a 2 frozen embryo...and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia... She explains things very clearly and makes sure if you have any questions you can get ahold of her at any time. She always gets back to you in a timely manner.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
She is very down to earth. She laid all possibilities and procedures. Where they were going to start first with testing and move on from what they find in testing. She explains things very clearly and makes sure if you have any questions you can get ahold of her at any time. She always gets back to you in a timely manner. She treats you like your part of her family but also keeps things professional at the same time. She is very sensitive to your individual needs as a person. She was very sucsessful in my personal treatment and was always eager to move on to the next step to success.
Make sure you keep in touch about instructions about each cycle. Personally I forgot to call on day one of cycle and missed a whole cycle because of it. So it was personal not because of anything the doctor or center did.
My husband and I felt like we were part of her family, not just her patients. She is very caring, down to earth, blunt and funny.
We did 2 iui's one with famara. I think that's what it's called. It's an alternative to clomid. She wrote a blog on the comparison between the two. Then we moved on to IVF. We did one cycle retrieved 22 eggs. I think 8 were good but only 5 turned into embryos. I was a big candidate for having hoss. I decided to skip a cycle to avoid this. So we did a 2 frozen embryo transfer the next month and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Everyone was nice and polite and had an awsimd bed side manner.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
I would recommend this clinic to anyone! They are all around amazing facility.
My husbands insurance covered everything we only had a co pay.
Creve Coeur
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Zarek was very caring and made sure to always explain everything. She gave me good solid facts and good reasonable expectations....Dr. Zarek was very involved. She texted and emailed to check on us and made me feel like she really, really cared about my care. I liked that she was able to be realistic but also positive. We never had false hope but she never suggested that we weren't going to be parents someday!...Dr. Zarek is wonderful
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
Dr. Zarek is wonderful (if you have Fertility coverage, we did not and they need everything paid up front which is no fault of Dr. Zarek' did course)
I took 5 mg of Letrozole. I used progesterone, folate, and vitamin D. It worked the first time but ended in miscarriage. We tried it four more times because I responded well and ovulated nicely. My husband's SA looked good. Dr. Zarek suggested IUI but I declined due to the cost of imjectables.
The nursing staff was very good. My only complaint was that although they have a separate waiting room for women with children, the nurses paraded babies around the halls once you were brought back. I know they are proud of their work but I do not want to watch everyone squee over new babies while finding out that my cycle failed.
None
I do not remember exact costs but I do know that it added up really, really quickly!
Creve Coeur
Dr. Zarek is a wonderful Doctor! I would recommend her to any friend or family going through fertility issues. She is always willing to answer questions or sit down with you to go over information. During our process she explained everything very thorough, always layed down our options, and prepared us for the good and the bad!... Dr Zarek would always make sure we had her cell phone number that way if we had any questions she wanted us to call her!
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
She is a smart doctor and cares for you like her own family!
I can't remember them but I know when I started all my medications Dr Zarek made sure I knew what I could and could not do because certain movements of my body could affect my ovaries
Amy was always willing to help even if I had some silly questions and she never made me feel stupid for not knowing something
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
The clinics is very clean and good part of town. All the staff is super nice and willing to assist you in any way
For our IVF we paid about $15k which included medications and procedures
I would like to say my doctor and the lab had to make an executive decision about our one and only embryo bc it wasn't doing the best. They were wanting to freeze it but they knew it wouldn't survive the freeze. I apploud Dr Zarek and the lab for making the decision to transfer our embryo on day 5 because it survived in me and now I'm pregnant
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
[Dr. Zarek] Very kind and understanding. Took the time to sit and talk with us, listen to our indecisiveness and was willing to give her professional input. Remembered things from our personal life and would check up on us at the next visit. Very understanding. When I developed OHSS she was very quick to see me and take action to remove the excess fluid. We love Dr. Z!...Last minute appointments if needed...they do their ivf cycles in batches.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
See her, without a doubt.
Last minute appointments if needed. Remembered things about our personal lives ans asked about things we had mentioned doing as a family at prior visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Amy Albertson/Jamie Layman)
Amy was very good about chart reviews, calendars, etc. Jamie is beyond amazing! She’s the face you see once you leave the waiting room, she does blood draws, helped with our transfer. Jamie made the whole ivf process 100% better.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
I wouldn’t necessarily consider it a “weakness” but they do their ivf cycles in batches. So they alter your cycle to accommodate their dates. It can be frustrating to wait. That’s the only “weakness” I could mention.
About $17,000 for a mini ivf cycle, freezing, and genetic testing.
Dr. Zarek prefers to transfer one embryo at a time. After going back and forth discussing our our reasons for not being sure whether to transfer one or two, she did agree to do two. However after asking her questions and her opinion, we chose to transfer one.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Sher Fertility of St. Louis?
Dr Zarek made sure we felt as comfortable with her as possible from the moment she personally came to get us from waiting room for first visit. Was compassionate and helpful in everyway possible. We are early in our first cycle with her but she has been informative and caring the whole way through. She even gave us her cell number to keep in close contact with her throughout treatment. She is an absolute Doll and we are so grateful to have found her.
Be open and ask any question may pop in your head. She is so understanding and informative.
She is so caring and wants to get to know you as a person/family. Not just as a patient
I am early in treatment so far we are suppressing follicles using Lipton 10 then 5 units, then switched to ganirelix 125 . Had baseline ultrasound today. Will start follistim in couple days for stimulation. Then .5 of menopur. Will do the hcg trigger and have egg retrieval hopefully in two weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of St. Louis. (Assigned nurse: Amy albertson)
Amy very sweet and compassionate. Always readily available for questions and to let me know what's going on.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
Very professional office. Everybody so nice and extremely helpful. Easy to get into, unlike other places.
Creve Coeur
She [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in...I am a candidate for IVF, I did an ultrasound of my ovaries, it told us how many "Ready to fertilize" eggs were already there...They [The staff at SIRM] were attentive & answered all questions without getting short.
Amazing!
Not to do tons of research on your own, your Dr. is full of knowledge not Google!
She was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in.
They were compassionate & professional.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of St. Louis.
They were attentive & answeted all questions without getting short.