Available by cell phone
ResidencyGeorge Washington
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
500 N. Keene Street
Columbia, MO 65201
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shvetha Zarek to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility to a friend?
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
For the first transfer Dr. Zarek was pretty set on doing one embryo. When that transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy I asked about doing two embryos for the second transfer and she was agreeable to that plan... She is personable, caring, supportive, and upbeat. She gave me her personal cell phone number so I could text her any time I needed to - and always responded quickly! I even had to text her close to 10 pm one night due to some bleeding and she responded right away and helped calm my fears. She is without a doubt the best doctor of any kind I've ever had.
The clinic staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] (front desk staff, ultrasound technicians, everyone) are all very friendly and compassionate. They all knew me by name and felt like friends taking care of me. The only area to be improved would be the finance department as they don't do a great job itemizing exact costs...always knew me and my husband by name and remembered parts of our life outside of fertility. I truly feel like we've built a friendship with everyone there.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
My experience with Dr. Zarek has been fantastic. I switched from a different doctor and I'm so glad I did. She is personable, caring, supportive, and upbeat. She gave me her personal cell phone number so I could text her any time I needed to - and always responded quickly! I even had to text her close to 10 pm one night due to some bleeding and she responded right away and helped calm my fears. She is without a doubt the best doctor of any kind I've ever had.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
If you're thinking about it, go for it! She's amazing and you won't be disappointed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Zarek and the entire staff at the clinic always knew me and my husband by name and remembered parts of our life outside of fertility. I truly feel like we've built a friendship with everyone there.
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I don't remember exact details but the injectable medications I used during my egg retrieval cycle were Lupron, Follistim, and Menopur. Then during frozen embryo transfers I used Lupron to prevent ovulation, estrogen (pills, patches, and injections) to build my lining, and of course progesterone starting 5 days before transfer.
I had two different coordinators during my time with this clinic. The first was very organized and thorough. The second was less organized but both were very friendly.
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
The clinic staff (front desk staff, ultrasound technicians, everyone) are all very friendly and compassionate. They all knew me by name and felt like friends taking care of me. The only area to be improved would be the finance department as they don't do a great job itemizing exact costs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We paid for a package that included all ultrasound monitoring, egg retrieval, and one embryo transfer that cost $8,000 (in April 2019, I believe this has since gone up in price) and my medications came to a total of about $3,600.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shvetha Zarek at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

Dr. Zarek went above and beyond anything we could have asked for throughout the process. We had a direct number in which she encouraged us to reach out with any questions and also took time to reach out to us as well...took fantastic care of us...so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor...I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husbands sperm was great. I had and abundance of eggs since I do not have a cycle/ovulate on my own. She put me on femara I think I started at 5 mg. The first iui failed. Then the second round of meds my body didn't respond so my dosage was upped to 7.5. After the 2nd failed iui I had a cyst show up with had to be drained. Mh 3rd iui cycle was our lucky cycle! Nurse
Every person I met throughout this process [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits...She [nurse] was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
Dr. Zarek took fantastic care of us. She reached out to us personally through the achievements and setbacks. We were so blessed to have someone so personable and compassionate during such an emotional process. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
She works to learn about you and your wants as a couple. She really goes above and beyond to know her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
We had Jill for majority of our time there. She was great at getting back to me via the patient portal and/or by phone with any questions I had
Every person I met throughout this process was great. The receptionist Vanessa, to the blood draws, and ultrasounds techs. I was able to converse with them and they remembered things from one visit to the next which was super comforting and helped with staying relaxed and actually enjoy the visits
We froze my husbands sperm since he had good sperm. So I think it was only $20 to unthaw and wash for an iui. Each ultrasound was $370. The ovidrel shot was $100 and I want to say the actual iui was around $385

PCOS, Other
Dr. Zarek really takes the time to explain everything—the procedures, the diagnosis, the process. She made sure that we can reach her at any time—she literally gave us her personal cell #. And also: you can really tell that she actually cares. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a doctor that is this personal! I was nervous going into this journey, but Dr. Zarek really put us at ease!... Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic [MO Ctr for Repro Med & Fertility] is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others....The nursing staff is great. They call to communicate anything that needs communicating, and are kind and compassionate in their care!... We have just begun, but when speaking about the costs, it seemed like the costs were around average.
PCOS, Other
I have had a great experience with Dr. Zarek. 1. She is very knowledgeable—and is truly an educator at heart. She is great at explaining everything in a way that is easy to understand without making you feel stupid. 2. Honest and compassionate —she is very frank, but compassionate about what is going on and I really appreciate that. 3. Personal—I have never had a doctor who is as invested in me as Dr. Zarek. When she gave us her cell # at our first appointment, I was BLOWN AWAY.
If you haven’t set up an appointment...just do it! Dr. Zarek is the best!
We are still in the testing phase.
From what I’ve experienced so far, I have no complaints. The clinic is organized, communicative, and treats me like a human being. It feels private, and has a calm environment. I would recommend this clinic to others.
Dr. Zarek believes that it is best to transfer only one embryo at a time because multiples pose a greater risk for the health of mom and babies—and transferring multiple only increases your chances by a little bit, statistically. This also gives you the opportunity to save extra embryos for another transfer if the first doesn’t take. We haven’t gotten to that point in treatment, but I tend to agree with her rationale.
Columbia

Dr. Zarek was willing to speak with us candidly about IUI vs IVF and what might be in store for us with the different options. She was also willing to talk more in detail as we had different thoughts or wanted more information throughout the process. She made sure she was available for questions/urgent issues, which was comforting...We did IUI with sperm donor. Our first 3 cycles we did used letrozole to stimulate ovulation, Ovidrel to ovulate, and 2 weeks of progesterone (oral.) For the fourth, after discovering the Letrozole wasn't actually doing much, we did an unmedicated cycle with an Ovidrel shot to ovulate, 2 weeks of progesterone suppositories, and an Ovidrel shot a few days after the IUI to keep my body from trying to start my cycle over too early. This was the successful protocol.
The clinic staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were all amazing and so helpful and friendly. This is NOT one of those clinics where you go for the Dr but dread the other clinic staff. They were all great. The only "weakness" is that that despite saying on their website they are open until 5, they only seem to answer their phones until 4:30...Jill [nurse] was so helpful and willing to answer any questions...I appreciated Jill's bedside manner and willingness to talk...When I was graduating, I signed an ROI for my new OBGYN. When they called the day before my first appointment, they noted they hadn't received anything. So I printed out all my notes and brought them in.
Feel free to ask questions, even if you think they're stupid.
Dr. Zarek and her team were always available to answer questions and were willing to sit with me and my husband to answer questions or discuss treatment plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill Karen)
Jill was so helpful and willing to answer any questions. I've had experiences in the past with clinics that have great doctors but nurses that are brusque or who act annoyed with your questions; this was NOT my experience at MU Health. I appreciated Jill's bedside manner and willingness to talk.
The clinic staff were all amazing and so helpful and friendly. This is NOT one of those clinics where you go for the Dr but dread the other clinic staff. They were all great. The only "weakness" is that that despite saying on their website they are open until 5, they only seem to answer their phones until 4:30.
I can't remember specifically - I think it was about 375 for the ovulation ultrasounds (although my insurance changed at the end to pay for that) and about 375 for the IUI. We also had to pay for donor sperm but that isn't related to the clinic. I think Ovidrel was 125. The letrozole and progesterone were covered by my insurance.
We didn't get to the point of discussing it in depth, but in contrast to my previous RE clinic, it appears MU Health doesn't do PGS testing and is more comfortable with multiple transfers. I have no knowledge or opinion on which approach is "better" and this may not be a completely accurate representation of MU Health's approach as we never did IVF, only discussed it.
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Columbia

Due to prior treatments with our first doctor whom had retired, Dr. Zarek started right at IVF since we had no frozen embryos. We immediately did the genetic testing for both my husband and myself...We went through birth control followed by Lupron and then Follistim...Our IVF transfer did not work out and Dr. Zarek called to talk about what we could do next and when. We immediately started an FET cycle. At our baseline ultrasound, I had 2 cysts as a result from the IVF cycle. At that moment we decided to stop the cycle because we didn't want to go through another procedure to drain the cyst. We started another cycle for a November transfer which was successful.
We have had excellent dealings with the entire nursing staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility]. Jill was our nurse for the IVF cycle and Casey for the FET cycle. Both responded promptly on the patient portal. Casey even allowed us to text her which was beneficial after hours...IVF was around $8,000 for the procedure and ultrasounds. Medication was another $3,000-$4,000. Bloodwork was over $100 each time. FET was around $3,700...Christine was great about communicating prices and dealing with the hospital billing. The hospital billing sometimes didn't get our credits moved over and we would receive a bill. Christine always took care of it.
Dr. Zarek is up front about everything. Since we were returning patients (our previous doctor had retired) she started with what we had ended with previously. We didn't have to go through the whole gamut of testing and procedures to get to the IVF point. She told us the plan and that's what we did. Dr. Zarek was always available and open to communication through texting. It was nice to have that line of communication since some questions/situations were more important than others. She always responded promptly. Dr. Zarek is continuously checking on me to see how I'm doing whether it was during the IVF or FET cycles and now pregnancy.
I would tell any patient to not be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Zarek was always open to what we asked and always had an answer.
Dr. Zarek was amazing to work with and always spoke to my husband and I as peers. She never spoke down to us and was always positive. She respected us and our wishes.
Due to prior treatments with our first doctor whom had retired, Dr. Zarek started right at IVF since we had no frozen embryos. We immediately did the genetic testing for both my husband and myself. Luckily we had our first visit with Dr. Zarek before an IVF cycle and started immediately. We went through birth control followed by Lupron and then Follistim. We had ultrasounds and bloodwork to monitor embryo development. Before the retrieval, the HCG injection was administered. The embryologist called with the fertilization rate after the first day and I believe 3rd day. Our IVF transfer did not work out and Dr. Zarek called to talk about what we could do next and when. We immediately started an FET cycle. At our baseline ultrasound, I had 2 cysts as a result from the IVF cycle. At that moment we decided to stop the cycle because we didn't want to go through another procedure to drain the cyst. We started another cycle for a November transfer which was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill and Casey)
We have had excellent dealings with the entire nursing staff. Jill was our nurse for the IVF cycle and Casey for the FET cycle. Both responded promptly on the patient portal. Casey even allowed us to text her which was beneficial after hours.
We had a great experience. The only downfall was pur insurance covered nothing. Christine was great about communicating prices and dealing with the hospital billing. The hospital billing sometimes didn't get our credits moved over and we would receive a bill. Christine always took care of it.
IVF was around $8,000 for the procedure and ultrasounds. Medication was another $3,000-$4,000. Bloodwork was over $100 each time. FET was around $3,700. The medication was around $1,000 and that includes through the first trimester. Bloodwork was again over $100 per time.
Dr. Zarek recommended to only transfer one embryo, which is what we wanted, but was not against transferring two if that is what we had wanted.

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Zarek] is up front and honest about every possibility...She always asked me questions to really make sure I was doing ok and how my husband and I were doing. Very personal care. You can really feel that she wants you to have a successful cycle...She genuinely cares about her patients...At my second appt I bawled my eyes out while she hugged me because I had gotten upsetting news about a family member. The next time I came in she had gotten a card and had the staff sign it. She texts me to make sure I'm doing ok too.
PGS testing [at Sher Institute]. Its 1625 for biopsy and freezing, 385 for the first embryo and 250 for every embryo after that...The fresh retrieval and transfer was 8284, plus anesthesia, plus freezing, plus meds. The FET normally is 3700...My husband was scheduled for a semen analysis outside their normal time but they accommodated his schedule due to traveling through the area. But they forgot to put him on the schedule. They still fit him in though
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis)?
Dr Zarek is amazing. She genuinely cares about her patients. She always asked me questions to really make sure I was doing ok and how my husband and I were doing. Very personal care. You can really feel that she wants you to have a successful cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis)?
Ask her questions about anything and everything. Utilize her helpfulness. Be prepared to have hard conversations. She is up front and honest about every possibility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis)?
When i had the phone consultation we spent the first 20 minutes talking about life. She was asking qurstions about me, not just my medical histoey. The first time I met her she gave me a huge hug. At my second appt I bawled my eyes out while she hugged me because I had gotten upsetting news about a family member. The next time I came in she had gotten a card and had the staff sign it. She texts me to make sure I'm doing ok too.
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis) and their degree of success.
I started with lupron and prednisone. Then swapped lupron for Ganirelix. The day I started stims I added folic acid, 450 follistim (for just 2 days then 300 after that), lovenox and kept Ganirelix and prednisone. On day 3 of stims I added .5ml of menopur. I was on all of that until trigger. The day of my first ultrasound I also had 1 bag of intralipids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Everyone is very sweet and caring. My nurse wasn't always that responsive. I sent her an email while she was on vacation and it wasn't all an urgent matter (the part that was I just text dr zarek). So I waited to hear from her. It's been over a week since she got back and I still haven't heard from except that she sent me my paperwork for my fet.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
The staff is their biggest strength. They all are wonderful and very friendly. Weaknesses are that they are so busy that they sometimes seem very rushed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shvetha Zarek at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
The fresh retrieval and transfer was 8284, plus anesthesia, plus freezing, plus meds. The FET normally is 3700 but because a freeze all was medically necessary and I did not have a transfer with my paid cycle they are not charing me. We also added PGS testing. Its 1625 for biopsy and freezing, 385 for the first embryo and 250 for every embryo after that.
Describe Shvetha Zarek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
My dr was very straight forward ND said she usually only ever recommends 1 embryo. That way if it doesn't work you have the most chances to do everything you can. I.e. adding meds, changing meds,doing an era test, etc.
What specific things went wrong at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
St. Louis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Shvetha Zarek at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Zarek went over every past treatment with our previous doctor and she went in depth as to what treatments we would be doing under hercare, what tests we'd undergo, how the process goes for an IVF cycle, we met with her nurse and the financial coordinator all in our initial appointment with her so we knew what to expect. She's warm and friendly and has an amazing bedside manner. After my unsuccessful HSG, and very painful fluid US, she hugged me and told me it will be ok, we will be successful. She told me to be positive, even after finding out my tubes are closed. She has such faith in what she does, plus her success in the past truly speaks for itself.
We feel so at ease and welcome when we go in [to Sher Fertility] for appointments. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are so friendly and call you by name. You never have to wait for an appointment like at some offices, and our very first appointment Dr Zarek came to the waiting room herself to take us to her office. That is true customer service...Merry Kay [nurse] was so warm and compassionate. She further explained what we would be going through and how the process works. She's called promptly with lab results, and really took the time to listen to us. My husband and I are both nurses ourselves, but this is new territory for us and we were glad to have her as our nurse.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I've had no negative experience under her care, so I'd say my advice would be to expect to sit down for a lengthy meeting with her and it's not a fast process, it takes time to get your plan together.
Dr Zarek sat down with my husband and I and went in depth with us about our history, our previous fertility treatments, and our options and plan for further treatment under her care. We never felt like a burden, or that she wasn't interested. She is warm and has a positive outlook for our care.
Currently, she is treating me for critically low Vit D levels and I'm taking 50,000 Units once a week, also my thyroid is low so I'm on 75 mcg Synthroid once a day. We are finishing up initial testing so we can start an IVF cycle in July. We just found out that my tubes are closed, so my only option to ever carry my own child is via IVF. So we will start further meds in a couple months.
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Merry Kay )
Merry Kay was so warm and compassionate. She further explained what we would be going through and how the process works. She's called promptly with lab results, and really took the time to listen to us. My husband and I are both nurses ourselves, but this is new territory for us and we were glad to have her as our nurse.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
This clinic is amazing g. This is our 2nd fertility clinic, and compared to the last one, we are over the moon happy with our plan to have a baby. We feel so at ease and welcome when we go in for appointments. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are so friendly and call you by name. You never have to wait for an appointment like at some offices, and our very first appointment Dr Zarek came to the waiting room herself to take us to her office. That is true customer service.
As of currently, we've paid $50 per appointment under our insurance and we've went to facilities appropriate for our labs and HSG testing, meaning no out of pocket costs yet. As far as IVF costs, we will have $4000 lifetime covered by insurance and we will put $4000 down as deposit, with the rest of costs to be discussed as we go through the process.
We have not done this yet, however, she does prefer to only transfer 1 embryo the first try, but will transfer 2 if we desire, but no more than that.
St. Louis

Dr Zarek personally called me to check to see how I was doing. We had her personal contact info during treatments and after. She still messages me to check in and it has been a year since we were under her care. She made sure all questions were answered and always talked in terms we understood. Absolutely loved Dr Zarek.... Dr Zarek was very thorough from the day we met her. She always explained things in ways we could understand and tested for things no once else did. She is very passionate about her job and it truly shows.
The clinic [SIRM-STL] is very well ran and everyone works together as a team to help you in anyway possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.... Amy [a nurse] was excellent. Always returned calls promptly and answered any questions we had. Always assured us to call if we needed anything and that's what she was there for. Also stopped into to see us every time we were at the office. Amy loves her job and it shows.
I would say trust her with your full heart because she has you best interest at heart. She will not put you through testing etc tgat is not needed.
Do to previous testing we had been through and our histories Dr Zarek recommended IVF for best results. This was not the case with previous Dr and we had wasted TONS of money and meds etc on multiple IUI. She also tested and treated myself for killer cells before and after each transfer. This was done because of positive blood test for killer cells. After 1st ivf which ended in chemical pregnancy my meds were adjusted and 2nd 1vf was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Amy was excellent. Always returned calls promptly and answered any questions we had. Always assured us to call if we needed anything and that's what she was there for. Also stopped into to see us every time we were at the office. Amy loves her job and it shows.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
The clinic is very well ran and everyone works together as a team to help you in anyway possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
My husband and I felt like we were part of her [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] family, not just her patients. She is very caring, down to earth, blunt and funny...we did a 2 frozen embryo...and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia... She explains things very clearly and makes sure if you have any questions you can get ahold of her at any time. She always gets back to you in a timely manner.
Everyone [at Sher Fertility of St. Louis] was nice and polite and had an awsimd bed side manner...I would recommend this clinic to anyone! They are all around amazing facility...we moved on to IVF. We did one cycle retrieved 22 eggs. I think 8 were good but only 5 turned into embryos. I was a big candidate for having hoss. I decided to skip a cycle to avoid this. So we did a 2 frozen embryo transfer the next month and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
She is very down to earth. She laid all possibilities and procedures. Where they were going to start first with testing and move on from what they find in testing. She explains things very clearly and makes sure if you have any questions you can get ahold of her at any time. She always gets back to you in a timely manner. She treats you like your part of her family but also keeps things professional at the same time. She is very sensitive to your individual needs as a person. She was very sucsessful in my personal treatment and was always eager to move on to the next step to success.
Make sure you keep in touch about instructions about each cycle. Personally I forgot to call on day one of cycle and missed a whole cycle because of it. So it was personal not because of anything the doctor or center did.
My husband and I felt like we were part of her family, not just her patients. She is very caring, down to earth, blunt and funny.
We did 2 iui's one with famara. I think that's what it's called. It's an alternative to clomid. She wrote a blog on the comparison between the two. Then we moved on to IVF. We did one cycle retrieved 22 eggs. I think 8 were good but only 5 turned into embryos. I was a big candidate for having hoss. I decided to skip a cycle to avoid this. So we did a 2 frozen embryo transfer the next month and rusulted in our twins who were born at 35w2d, because of preeclampsia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Everyone was nice and polite and had an awsimd bed side manner.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
I would recommend this clinic to anyone! They are all around amazing facility.
My husbands insurance covered everything we only had a co pay.
St. Louis
Dr. Zarek is a wonderful Doctor! I would recommend her to any friend or family going through fertility issues. She is always willing to answer questions or sit down with you to go over information. During our process she explained everything very thorough, always layed down our options, and prepared us for the good and the bad!... Dr Zarek would always make sure we had her cell phone number that way if we had any questions she wanted us to call her!
The clinics [Sher Institute of Medicine- St Louis] is very clean and good part of town. All the staff is super nice and willing to assist you in any way... For our IVF we paid about $15k which included medications and procedures... Amy [a nurse] was always willing to help even if I had some silly questions and she never made me feel stupid for not knowing something
She is a smart doctor and cares for you like her own family!
I can't remember them but I know when I started all my medications Dr Zarek made sure I knew what I could and could not do because certain movements of my body could affect my ovaries
Amy was always willing to help even if I had some silly questions and she never made me feel stupid for not knowing something
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
The clinics is very clean and good part of town. All the staff is super nice and willing to assist you in any way
For our IVF we paid about $15k which included medications and procedures
I would like to say my doctor and the lab had to make an executive decision about our one and only embryo bc it wasn't doing the best. They were wanting to freeze it but they knew it wouldn't survive the freeze. I apploud Dr Zarek and the lab for making the decision to transfer our embryo on day 5 because it survived in me and now I'm pregnant
St. Louis

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Zarek was very caring and made sure to always explain everything. She gave me good solid facts and good reasonable expectations....Dr. Zarek was very involved. She texted and emailed to check on us and made me feel like she really, really cared about my care. I liked that she was able to be realistic but also positive. We never had false hope but she never suggested that we weren't going to be parents someday!...Dr. Zarek is wonderful
...they [Sher Institute] need everything paid up front...The nursing staff was very good. My only complaint was that although they have a separate waiting room for women with children, the nurses paraded babies around the halls once you were brought back. I know they are proud of their work but I do not want to watch everyone squee over new babies while finding out that my cycle failed....Dr. Zarek was very involved. She texted and emailed to check on us and made me feel like she really, really cared about my care.
Dr. Zarek is wonderful (if you have Fertility coverage, we did not and they need everything paid up front which is no fault of Dr. Zarek' did course)
I took 5 mg of Letrozole. I used progesterone, folate, and vitamin D. It worked the first time but ended in miscarriage. We tried it four more times because I responded well and ovulated nicely. My husband's SA looked good. Dr. Zarek suggested IUI but I declined due to the cost of imjectables.
None
I do not remember exact costs but I do know that it added up really, really quickly!

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Very professional office [Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. Everybody so nice and extremely helpful. Easy to get into, unlike other places.... Amy very sweet and compassionate. Always readily available for questions and to let me know what's going on.... Dr Zarek made sure we felt as comfortable with her as possible from the moment she personally came to get us from waiting room for first visit. Was compassionate and helpful in everyway possible. We are early in our first cycle with her but she has been informative and caring the whole way through.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Zarek made sure we felt as comfortable with her as possible from the moment she personally came to get us from waiting room for first visit. Was compassionate and helpful in everyway possible. We are early in our first cycle with her but she has been informative and caring the whole way through. She even gave us her cell number to keep in close contact with her throughout treatment. She is an absolute Doll and we are so grateful to have found her.
Be open and ask any question may pop in your head. She is so understanding and informative.
She is so caring and wants to get to know you as a person/family. Not just as a patient
I am early in treatment so far we are suppressing follicles using Lipton 10 then 5 units, then switched to ganirelix 125 . Had baseline ultrasound today. Will start follistim in couple days for stimulation. Then .5 of menopur. Will do the hcg trigger and have egg retrieval hopefully in two weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Amy albertson)
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
Very professional office. Everybody so nice and extremely helpful. Easy to get into, unlike other places.
St. Louis

She [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in...I am a candidate for IVF, I did an ultrasound of my ovaries, it told us how many "Ready to fertilize" eggs were already there...They [The staff at SIRM] were attentive & answered all questions without getting short.
Amazing!
Not to do tons of research on your own, your Dr. is full of knowledge not Google!
She was very kind to us, took our feelings into consideration & has called us personally to check in.
They were compassionate & professional.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
They were attentive & answeted all questions without getting short.

2020
Dr. Zarek listened to all of our concerns and made sure all of our treatments were explained...made being a parent possible for us!...was even available for questions outside of her work hours/days. We only saw her for about a month but that was all the time it took her to figure out why we weren’t able to conceive. Before she could even do any further testing, I became pregnant! We are very blessed to be able to have worked with Dr. Zarek.
[The nurses at Reproductive Health and Fertility Center are] Always very thorough in explaining procedures. Very nice and you can tell they are passionate about what they do!...Clinic was very good overall. It was a smaller clinic which was good because it made each visit a very calming environment. Highly recommend this clinic to anyone who is looking for fertility treatments...Dr. Zarek did a blood test and we found out my vitamin D levels were low so she put me on a high dosage of vitamin D and I hadn’t even Been taking them for a whole month before I conceived.
2020
How was your experience with Shvetha Zarek at Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed)?
Dr. Zarek made being a parent possible for us! She listened to every concern and was even available for questions outside of her work hours/days. We only saw her for about a month but that was all the time it took her to figure out why we weren’t able to conceive. Before she could even do any further testing, I became pregnant! We are very blessed to be able to have worked with Dr. Zarek.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shvetha Zarek at Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed)?
Never be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shvetha Zarek at Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed)?
Describe the protocols Shvetha Zarek used in your cycles at Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed).
Shvetha Zarek
Reproductive Health and Fertility Center (Closed)
Peoria
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Jamie [nurse at SIRM St Louis] goes out of her way to make you feel important, welcome, and taken care of...absolutely love SIRM STL. We did do a little exploring with two other offices and found ourselves at home with SIRM. The waiting room time is hardly anything. The women that work in the office all remember you by name and take excellent care of you...Dr. Zarek offered a cell phone number that she could be reached at any any time. She was wonderful about reaching out after hours and even while away on vacation... is very welcoming. She remembers her patients and husbands as well as things they discussed about their lives outside of infertility/treatments. She’s someone that you want to keep in contact with long after infertility...She is an amazing doctor and friend. She will go the distance it takes or exhaust all options trying.
Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Zarek is very welcoming. She remembers her patients and husbands as well as things they discussed about their lives outside of infertility/treatments. She’s someone that you want to keep in contact with long after infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis). (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Jamie goes out of her way to make you feel important, welcome, and taken care of.
Describe your experience with STL Fertility (formerly SIRM St. Louis).
My husband and unborn absolutely love SIRM STL. We did do a little exploring with two other offices and found ourselves at home with SIRM. The waiting room time is hardly anything. The women that work in the office all remember you by name and take excellent care of you.

2019 - 2020
Infertility is such an emotional stressful experience on its own, but I remember feeling so much better even after our first visit with her [Dr. Zarek]. She is a very positive person and reminded me of all of my options of care from the very beginning. I remember leaving her office and telling my husband I actually felt hopeful for once that we would end up pregnant. Communication is very prompt which is nice during fertility treatments. I would highly recommend her to anyone that I know who may be struggling with obtaining pregnancy.
The clinic [Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] from the receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound techs were wonderful. I never had to wait very long in the waiting room it seemed like. The receptionist were always good about working with me for appointments and would even move stuff around so it would work out for me...I did medication with injectables and timed intercourse X2. Letrozole 5mg on days 3-7 of my period followed up with a mid cycle scan around day 12-14. If i had any follicles that were of size I would inject myself with ovridrel. Five days after injection I would take progesterone twice daily for twelve days. I would then test after progesterone was complete or after I missed my period.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Zarek was all around one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. She seemed very excited and eager to help me which I valued because I knew she had other patients besides me. Infertility is such an emotional stressful experience on its own, but I remember feeling so much better even after our first visit with her. She is a very positive person and reminded me of all of my options of care from the very beginning. I remember leaving her office and telling my husband I actually felt hopeful for once that we would end up pregnant. Communication is very prompt which is nice during fertility treatments. I would highly recommend her to anyone that I know who may be struggling with obtaining pregnancy.
Don't be nervous. Get excited and have faith because she will do everything she can to help you.
Everyone from the receptionist to the whole care team always greeted me with a smile, and seemed as if they knew who I was.
Nursing staff was wonderful and very attentive. Communication was quick and effective. I never had a nurse unable to answer any of my questions. They were always kind and supportive.
The clinic from the receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound techs were wonderful. I never had to wait very long in the waiting room it seemed like. The receptionist were always good about working with me for appointments and would even move stuff around so it would work out for me.
Around $5,000. Insurance covered a lot more then I expected.

2019 - 2020
I felt like I could always contact Dr Zarek with any questions and concerns. She would also text to find out how I was feeling after certain fertility treatments or changes to medication. I greatly appreciated her reaching out between appointments to find out how everything was going...would always go out of her way to explain different fertility treatments and there success rates. There were a couple times where I felt Dr Zarek had a preference on a type of treatment. I was always able to make the final decision, but sometimes felt a little pressure due to timing or other financial constraints.
The nursing staff [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] were able to answer questions fairly quickly. There were times though when response was slower because they were dealing with other patients...Costs were reasonable when compared to other clinic costs...It is easy to get a hold of someone if you have questions. The front desk will always try to find an answer. There are 2 separate billing for procedures. It can be confusing and resulted in certain procedures being overcharged. I was able to work with front desk to fix billing issues.
2019 - 2020
Dr Zarek would always go out of her way to explain different fertility treatments and there success rates. There were a couple times where I felt Dr Zarek had a preference on a type of treatment. I was always able to make the final decision, but sometimes felt a little pressure due to timing or other financial constraints.
Dr Zarek is a great doctor who will listen to your concerns or questions. Don't be afraid to ask or have your concerns expressed. She will do her best to address them.
I had IUI procedures with Dr Zarek. After miscarriage and negative pregnancy tests, I agreed to moving to IVF. Pre-treatment began with birth control to regulate cycle for IVF. IVF cycle began with taking fertility drugs which I responded well to and resulted in successful egg retrieval. First transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill Price and Casey Dodge)
The nursing staff were able to answer questions fairly quickly. There were times though when response was slower because they were dealing with other patients.
Costs were reasonable when compared to other clinic costs.
Dr Zarek recommended no more than a 2 embryo transfer to improve chances without increasing chances of a multiples pregnancy.

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Zarek does a wonderful job getting to know you. She takes more time visiting with you than any other doctor I have experienced. Asking questions about your life and taking a real, genuine interest in who you are and how you are doing...It was evident from day one she really cares about her patients and their success. She even gives her personal phone number to you so you can text her with any updates or concerns. I also loved how present she was with our care; performing all procedures herself...met with us and told us ALL the possible treatment plans for someone with my diagnosis (Endometriosis and PCOS).
Part of the diagnostic protocol [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was for me to have an SIS done to make sure my tubes were clear. This was when they discovered they were blocked...[nurse] gave us her personal phone number so we could text her with questions or concerns. She worked tirelessly with Dr. Zarek to provide us the best plan. Her plan was then outlined on a detailed calander, which I loved! She also meet with us to discuss next steps after every doctors appointment or IVF ultrasound.
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Zarek is the best doctor I have ever seen! She is warm and inviting. It was evident from day one she really cares about her patients and their success. She even gives her personal phone number to you so you can text her with any updates or concerns. I also loved how present she was with our care; performing all procedures herself. She made us feel so loved!
If you want to really be taken care of by a knowledgeable and caring doctor go see Dr. Zarek. I would recommend her to anymore! I meet people out in the community who have seen her too and they all talk so kindly of her as well!
When my husband and I first went to see Dr. Zarek we were coming off of a miscarriage from an IUI procedure with a doctor who took little to no time with us. I was apprehensive to say the least. Day one Dr. Zarek met with us and told us ALL the possible treatment plans for someone with my diagnosis (Endometriosis and PCOS). She then set up a time to begin performing diagnostic testing. This was one of the best parts of her treatment plan. It allowed us to get some real answers before going blindly into expensive and stressful procedures. Part of the diagnostic protocol was for me to have an SIS done to make sure my tubes were clear. This was when they discovered they were blocked. I could have wasted so much time, money, and energy with the last doctor doing IUIs that would have never successfully gotten me pregnant. DR. Zarek saved us from thst struggle. We then began IVF procedures. I am currently pregnant with Twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey )
Casey was wonderful! She too gave us her personal phone number so we could text her with questions or concerns. She worked tirelessly with Dr. Zarek to provide us the best plan. Her plan was then outlined on a detailed calander, which I loved! She also meet with us to discuss next steps after every doctors appointment or IVF ultrasound.
Our clinic was amazing! This people work tirelessly for you, often coming in on weekends to make sure you are getting the care you need when you need it! I also, loved how they knew my name and personally greeted me everytime!
5,000 for IVF meds, 8,000 for IVF procedure and ultrasounds, 1,500 for additional bloodwork.

2019 - 2020
Dr Zarek was extremely personable, friendly, and caring. She was wonderful about answering any and all questions no matter weekdays or weekends. She was thorough in her explanations and talked us through any changes throughout our entire experience there...I moved from oral fertility medications with natural copulation, to injectable fertility medications with IUI treatment. Then Injectable fertility medications With IVF implantation...Sometimes it takes a while to figure out how to adjust treatment to your bodies ongoing struggles.
She [nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was caring and expressive, while being very knowledgeable about the Fertility process...All the staffing was very kind and courteous, while greeting you by name when they saw you walk in. They were extremely helpful and would find the answers in time you need. If it was after clinical hours, the online messaging system was useful and staffing would respond as soon as they were able to...The staff and Dr. was very personable and generous with their time. They were happy to answer any and all questions I had. Even if those questions might have been awkward.
2019 - 2020
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
She was caring and expressive, while being very knowledgeable about the Fertility process.
There was significant financial and time costs, but my insurance payed for a large portion of the entire process and we knew this process would be time consuming when we looked into fertility treatments.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Zarek gave me her personal cell and could be reached day or night with and questions or concerns I had...she was there every step of the way...She made me feel important and truly cared about me and my well being. I just cannot say enough great things about her...I met with her and we both discussed my previous history and then she let me know a plan of action. I love how each and every patient has their own personalized protocol to get the best results and not just one umbrella coverage for everyone... I truley feel like after all we have been through we are now friends. Clinic Nps
From the front receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound tech everyone [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] was always so nice to me and greeted me like a friend. I would recommend this office and doctor to anyone struggling with infertility...They are very good at advising you on the benefits and or complications that could happen and talk to you what is best for a successful pregnancy for each individual person...I have no negative things to say about them. The fronts staff are all so kind and caring. The nursing staff is wonderful and the ultrasound techs are very good at what they do.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Zarek has been the best doctor I have had the pleasure to work with. I truley feel like after all we have been through we are now friends. Though all of my infertility struggles she was there every step of the way. I had her cell number and she was always quick to reply to any of my questions or concerns day or night. She made me feel important and truly cared about me and my well being. I just cannot say enough great things about her or her staff. From the front receptionist to the nurses and ultrasound tech everyone was always so nice to me and greeted me like a friend. I would recommend this office and doctor to anyone struggling with infertility.
The clinic as a whole is wonderful. I have no negative things to say about them. The fronts staff are all so kind and caring. The nursing staff is wonderful and the ultrasound techs are very good at what they do.
Columbia

The staff at the clinic [Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility] is very friendly and helpful. They recognize you when you walk in the door and they treat you like family. Everyone is so supportive and kind. Most of the payments are due up front (IUI and US)...If you have questions or concerns, she [Dr. Shvetha Zarek] is more than happy to answer them. She will put your mind at ease...was very understanding and supportive...My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She recommended 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. I took Letrozole to stimulate ovulation and did the trigger shot 36 hours before the IUIs. Despite doing 5 IUIs, we did not fall pregnant. After our 5th IUI she recommended that we move on to IVF. My husband and I decided we needed to take a break from TTC. Dr. Zarek was very understanding and supportive.
My husband and I adored Dr. Zarek. She diagnosed us with unexplained infertility and recommended IUI. She was so patient in explaining everything to us and answered all of our questions. We felt very comfortable under her care and felt like we were in the best hands. She’s very honest and intelligent and just makes you feel good. She’s the best doctor I have ever encountered!
If you have questions or concerns, she is more than happy to answer them. She will put your mind at ease.
Dr. Zarek is extremely personable and compassionate. She really took the time to get to know me and my husband. She gave us her cell phone number and allowed us to contact her at anytime with questions. She treated us like family and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone!
My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. She recommended 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. I took Letrozole to stimulate ovulation and did the trigger shot 36 hours before the IUIs. Despite doing 5 IUIs, we did not fall pregnant. After our 5th IUI she recommended that we move on to IVF. My husband and I decided we needed to take a break from TTC. Dr. Zarek was very understanding and supportive. Three months later we fell pregnant naturally! We just had our first US appointment with Dr. Zarek and everything looked great. We have graduated from the fertility clinic and we’re so sad to be leaving Dr. Zarek.
The staff at the clinic is very friendly and helpful. They recognize you when you walk in the door and they treat you like family. Everyone is so supportive and kind. Most of the payments are due up front (IUI and US).
Columbia

Dr. Zarek made me feel comfortable within the first few minutes of sitting down with her in her office. She listened to our particular history and where we were at in this process. She made communication with her extremely easy and often reached out to me to see if I had questions... She offered us options our previous doctor had not, by listening to our history of multiple losses instead of writing them off as "just chemical pregnancies." She expressed compassion to where we were at in this process and acknowledged that things had been hard for us. I did not feel rushed out by her as our appointments were coming to an end.
I worked with a couple different nurses [at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility]. They were nice and responsive through messaging when I had questions...The clinic was helpful with calling me to let me know a cancelation had occurred and I could come in for my initial consultation weeks earlier. The clinic isn't huge, which I found useful...She [Dr. Zarek] will make you feel at ease and comfortable asking questions, big or small, and for clarification if there is something you are not understanding as far as protocol.
Dr. Zarek really listened to us. She offered us options our previous doctor had not, by listening to our history of multiple losses instead of writing them off as "just chemical pregnancies." She expressed compassion to where we were at in this process and acknowledged that things had been hard for us. I did not feel rushed out by her as our appointments were coming to an end.
She will make you feel at ease and comfortable asking questions, big or small, and for clarification if there is something you are not understanding as far as protocol.
I worked with a couple different nurses. They were nice and responsive through messaging when I had questions.