Available by cell phone
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Northbrook
1535 Lake Cook Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sigal Klipstein to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend InVia Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Dr Klipstein does not love the idea of multiple embryo transfers in fresh or frozen situations for risk of multiples...However she did let us transfer two embryos in a fresh transfer after giving us all of the info on the risks of carrying multiples... is incredibly compassionate but also direct with her patients so you're never confused with what is occurring. She is sensitive to delivering bad news and really takes the time discuss what she thinks happened and what the next move is. She is light hearted and very easy to talk to and never makes you feel uncomfortable when asking questions. You can tell she really cares about the person sitting in front of her.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
My husband and I came to Dr Klipstein after sge came on high recommendation from two former patients. We had a terrible experience with our first RE and upon walking out of the very first consultation meeting with Dr Klipstein, we felt like she cared more about our well being than our previous RE ever did. She took my case to her colleagues after first meeting me and called me the next day to let me know what her office thought about my future protocol with their office. Shes been the one to call me after each beta to deliver the news with confidence that we will find our path to parenthood. Although she hasn't performed either of my egg retrievals, she has been the ine to do both of my embryo transfers. Even though we have had failures thus far under her care, I have never considered leaving her care as she always has the next plan ready for me when I see her at my next visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She has definite plans of what she thinks is best for each patient, but she is also willing to discuss other options so don't be afraid to bring everything to the table in your meetings. Also be prepared to be flexible in making time to meet with her, she can be hard to get in with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Dr Klipstein is incredibly compassionate but also direct with her patients so you're never confused with what is occurring. She is sensitive to delivering bad news and really takes the time discuss what she thinks happened and what the next move is. She is light hearted and very easy to talk to and never makes you feel uncomfortable when asking questions. You can tell she really cares about the person sitting in front of her.
Describe the protocols Sigal Klipstein used in your cycles at InVia Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
My first retrieval with a previous RE resulted in OHSS and failed FETs. She felt very strongly that I was way over medicated in my first retrieval protocol and subsequent FETs. Dr Klipstein drastically dropped my injectable medication doses to prevent OHSS, did not use BC leading up to a cycle, and used suppository progesterone and a lower dose of progesterone in oil injections in both of my egg retrievals and subsequent transfers. Though I still slightly over stimulated in both cycles, I felt much better physically than during my first retrieval. Results below from retrievals: Retrieval 1 (with different office): 150IU Menopur, 250 Follistim, 10,000 units Pregnyl. 16 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 day 6 blasts. OHSS forcing a freeze all cycle. No PGS testing. Transfers: 1.5cc PIO twice daily and up to 12 2mg Estradiol tabs daily. Single embryo transfer failure, 2 ERA biopsy cycles, double embryo transfer failure. Retrieval 2 (with Dr Klipstein): 75IU Menopur, 100 Follistim, 10,000 Pregnyl. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 5 day 6 blasts, 3 PGS normal. Slight OHSS. Frozen Transfer: 2 1mg Estridol tabs twice daily, 1 Crinone suppository daily, 1cc PIO once daily. Failed PGS normal single embryo transfer. Retrieval 3: 75IU Menopur, 100 Follistim, 5,000 units Pregnyl, Lupron trigger. (suspected OHSS) 13 eggs, 10 fertilized, 2 day 5 blasts. Fresh Transfer: 3 vivelle dots every 48 hours, 3 Endometrin suppositories daily, 1cc PIO injection once daily. Double untested fresh embryo transfer resulting in a chemical pregnancy. Retrieval 4 this coming October with similar protocol, but reduced Follistim to 75units, full 10,000 units of Pregnyl, and planned PGS normal FET following retrieval.
There are lots of nurses you meet while working with InVia. Knowing they are seeing many patients each day, you have to expect things get confusing. I haven't had any terrible experiences with the nursing staff, but they do get confused often about my protocol. Each nurse is incredibly nice and explains everything to the fullest. Theyre also incredibly prompt in returning portal messages and refilling prescriptions. I just wish before a nurse consult meeting or before a retrieval/transfer they better read my chart so there wasnt as much confusion when talking.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
InVia has multiple locations to visit and early clinic hours for convenience. The nursing staff seems to be exclusive to each location but does jump around so you get to meet a lot of staff to feel comfortable working with. InVia has Dr Karande, Dr Klipstein, and Dr Pusheck on staff doing retrievals and transfers. Be prepared, your main Dr may not perform your retrievals or transfers depending on their schedule which can be disappointing. However, the Drs all know your case before performing any procedure as the Drs meet once a week to discuss difficult cases. Their offices and procedure areas aren't "flashy" and meeting rooms sometimes seem a little disorganized. A face lift of the offices could help in the future.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Luckily our first two retrievals were mostly covered under our insurance. We did pay $4,800 for PGS testing. Paid out of pocket (under $1,000 each round) for medications not covered by insurance. Minor charges from the anesthesiologist (in low hundreds) This was mostly after we met our deductible. Our next round is not covered by insurance so we are facing $11,000 to just get started.
Describe Sigal Klipstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Dr Klipstein does not love the idea of multiple embryo transfers in fresh or frozen situations for risk of multiples. She prefers to akways transfer a single embryo. However she did let us transfer two embryos in a fresh transfer after giving us all of the info on the risks of carrying multiples.
Hoffman Estates

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists.

2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Klipstein is a very kind person - she's always ready to answer questions and takes her time. I also really appreciate her generally very prompt responses on the portal and she's taken the time to call when we've gone through some difficult stuff. ... Dr. Klipstein is a very kind person - she's always ready to answer questions and takes her time. I also really appreciate her generally very prompt responses on the portal and she's taken the time to call when we've gone through some difficult stuff. ...
2017 - 2019
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
I think the best thing about Dr. Klipstein is her caring nature - she really takes the time to listen and clearly cares about her patients. A weakness could be described as maybe being too optimistic at times? I feel like a couple times she gave me a little bit of false hope, though that's generally not the case.
Come prepared with questions because she'll answer them. She's very resourceful!
Initially we weren't sure why we were having infertility issues, so we decided to start off very conservatively. Dr. Klipstein was totally fine with that and we began with a medicated cycle. No dice. After that, we upped things to an IUI. No dice. We took a break of maybe 6 weeks and then did IVF. She monitored me super carefully and the retrieval went really well. I did have OHS, which she was VERY responsive to and I felt like I received excellent care (in the end, the OHS wasn't serious and it passed within 2-3 days). The first embryo transfer ended in a chemical pregnancy; the second ended up being a miscarriage. They were not certain why we lost the second pregnancy. On the second retrieval, Dr. Klipstein did slightly modify my medication to try to avoid OHS and we were successful. We were also able to do a fresh transfer, though that didn't take. The second transfer was successful, but I lost the baby @ 14 weeks due to complications from Downs/T21. We still have two frozen embryos and are planning to do PGS/PGD to hopefully end up with a healthy child.
I really cannot say enough about the nursing staff at InVia. They are amazing and some of the most wonderful professionals I've ever met. They're caring and kind and when we lost our second pregnancy @ 14 weeks, several of the staff reached out to me via the portal AND via phone calls to see how I was doing. What I experienced with them was so totally above and beyond what I expected - they were wonderful.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Generally, the staff is just wonderful and I looked forward to seeing them. The staff is almost entirely women and they are caring and compassionate. Some of them have children of their own, but many don't. The ones that don't still seem to understand the desire to have a baby or, in our case, give our daughter a sibling. The only thing I occasionally found annoying was that sometimes a message would come through the portal but I wouldn't get a text notification about it. It's not a huge deal and only happened a few times. That's not a reflection on the staff, obviously, but probably a glitch in their system.
IVF isn't cheap, there's no question. Our insurance covered a great deal of the costs, but after everything, we've probably spent around $8,000-$10,000. A lot of that was from medications because we ran out of coverage on that. The medications are REALLY pricey, but that's not determined by the clinic.
Dr. Klipstein is pretty conservative, so while she entertained me hemming and hawing about transferring more than one embryo, she definitely wasn't in favor of it. Considering that we only have 2 embryos left, I'm not sure how we'll proceed. However, based on what we've already been through, I'm GUESSING I could convince her to transfer both. But I'd have to have a pretty solid argument ready. She's definitely looking out for the well-being of her patients, first and foremost.
Hoffman Estates

She [Dr. Sigal Klipstein] makes you feel like you’re the only patient she’s treating- the attention and care are amazing...We were open to transferring 2 but she suggested only one- said that one would do the trick. And it did...Dr. Klipstein is easily the best doctor I have ever worked with. She is confident, yet completely grounded and real. She is incredibly kind and genuinely cheers you on and celebrates your successes. Luckily I never had to hear bad news while working with her, but if I did, I am totally confident that she would help me work through anything.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Trust her. Surrender and have faith. She will completely take care of you. The process is so relaxing compared to other places.
She was always kind, respectful, supportive and knew exactly where I was in my treatment like the back of her hand. She makes you feel like you’re the only patient she’s treating- the attention and care are amazing.
We went in for a FET. We were open to transferring 2 but she suggested only one- said that one would do the trick. And it did. I was on Estrace, Endometrin and PIO. Very easy protocol that wasn’t at all hard on my body or my mind. My procedure day was a ton of fun- and went perfectly. 10 days later I got a call from Dr. Klipstein on a Sunday afternoon saying “ok, we’re in business. It’s positive!”
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists.
The nursing/care staff were incredible to work with. They were responsive, kind, helpful and so encouraging. Love them!
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Zero wait times, staff was always friendly, office is clean and accessible, and the hours are super convenient. The blood and ultrasound morning appointments never feel like a haste- you’re in and out quickly and leave smiling. The staff makes these appointments, which are early mornings, enjoyable. All the offices I visited were the same- the practice as a whole is consistent.
The medications were easily the most expensive part. Out of pocket to the dr for an FET with monitoring was not at all expensive. I spent about $500 total.
She made the right call only transferring one. She said one will do the trick, and she was right. She’s able to have high success rates while doing what’s best for her patients.
Northbrook

Her [Dr. Kiipstein] calm voice and bedside manner are just the beginning of how wonderful everything about her is. She would always schedule enough time to have conversations with us for our 2 appts that we needed to talk. She never made us feel rushed..When we wanted to transfer 2 embryos she did a lot of research and told us why she recommends only 1 for us and it was the best decision....Dr. Kiipstein always greeted me by name, i never had to wait.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
From the moment we met Dr. Klipstein we knew she was our doctor. Her calm voice and bedside manner are just the beginning of how wonderful everything about her is. She would always schedule enough time to have conversations with us for our 2 appts that we needed to talk. She never made us feel rushed, in fact, she made us feel like we were her only patients. When we wanted to transfer 2 embryos she did a lot of research and told us why she recommends only 1 for us and it was the best decision. I recommend everybody that asks me about infertility to go to her. She is one of a kind!
Get to her ASAP.....she will do anything and everything to help you create your family!
Dr. Kiipstein always greeted me by name, i never had to wait. For important calls she would always call and early in the day too. I went from a doctor that treated us like a number to complete human interaction and care.
We did a cycle based on my cycle. I did estrace, follistim and menopur for ER and added Ganirelix last two days to suppress ovulation. Triggers with hCG and Lupron. We got 38 eggs, 13 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5 and we did a freeze all. A month later we did the frozen transfer with 1 embryo graded 4AA- again Estrace and then we used Crinone and PIO . Today we are 21+6!
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
they would always answer my emails via the portal very promptly. if I had any concerns they would be addressed and followed up.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic does not batch, which I know a lot of clinics do. It does not take too long to get in as a new patient. They do not double book so you always feel important. There is two doctors and currently a 3rd that is starting out so there is always somebody there!
It was $30K for a n retrieval with TESE for my husband and transfer. Embryo freezing was another $1K and $9K in medication
Nothing
Hoffman Estates

She [Dr. Klipstein] made the time to call me, talk to me through every decision big and small, and made me feel like I was her only patient. I always felt like she had all the time in the world to focus on me, which is not how I felt at my previous clinic...Never hesitate to reach out to her because she makes it her priority to speak with you...Dr. Klipstein is by far the most compassionate fertility doctor. She gave me her phone number and personal email address when we first met and this was very telling of her availability and willingness to make her patients feel cared for, important, and “human”. Every detail was always explained as far as treatments and procedures so I never felt lost. If I had any questions I would send her a portal message and she would respond in such a timely manner. In my previous experience there was almost no possible to contact the doctor himself, just the nurses. I would recommend Dr. Klipstein to every friend, family member, and anyone looking for a compassionate, smart, and detail oriented doctor.
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
You are in the best hands. Never hesitate to reach out to her because she makes it her priority to speak with you. Even if you think your question is “simple”.
She made the time to call me, talk to me through every decision big and small, and made me feel like I was her only patient. I always felt like she had all the time in the world to focus on me, which is not how I felt at my previous clinic.
I had a pretty standard IVF cycle and this was the protocol we followed, which was beneficial for me.
All nurses were very caring and efficient with their care. Very ready and always available to talk and answer questions. One nurse made a mistake once in the ordering of my medicine, but we worked it out.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Very warm and friendly feel. It’s a smaller practice than the one I’d been to before and I felt like this clinic was much more welcoming and efficient with their patients and appointments. I appreciated everyone’s willingness to work together and the put the patient first.
Insurance luckily covered mostly everything.
Dr. Klipstein was a major supporter of using one embryo for transfer. She definitely took into consideration the quality of the embryos and everything else. My other doctor was a big supporter of two every time, but Dr. Klipstein was the opposite. She explained all of her reasoning clearly and we followed her guidance which luckily ended in a successful pregnancy.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Sigal klipstein] was very welcoming and open minded. She didn't focus on my health challenges or the negatives--she made whatever came just seem like it was the next thing to do on the road to my inevitable pregnancy. She did sometimes confuse my case with others when not looking right at the chart (like when she would pop in for a quick consult at the ultrasound and would say things that didn't apply to me). She was always present and available.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She was very welcoming and open minded. She didn't focus on my health challenges or the negatives--she made whatever came just seem like it was the next thing to do on the road to my inevitable pregnancy. She did sometimes confuse my case with others when not looking right at the chart (like when she would pop in for a quick consult at the ultrasound and would say things that didn't apply to me). She was always present and available.
Ask lots of questions and be very up front with her.
She listened to what I had to say and she accepted my goals without adding judgement or opinion of her own. She managed my fertility issues without making me feel like I was "sick".
Lupron
There are many, I never really got to know anyone other than the ultrasound tech because the nurses rotated a lot. They were responsive on the portal, but sometimes got things mixed up, gave the wrong info, or missed giving a detail.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
You better be comfortable using the online portal--they use it for everything and the responsiveness is much worse if you try to do something by phone. Even though the nurses would get things mixed up, the flow sheets and cycle plans were very easy to follow so I never felt confused once I was in my cycle. The front desk staff was usually great, though they had some sour people. I felt like there were a lot of hidden costs that popped up after my cycle was over--I was never warned that insurance would deny certain things if they weren't coded right. I ended up paying thousands because of the wrong codes, and the billing department is horrible. There is one person, she often isn't in the office and almost never answers the phone. They will do payment plans, but aren't very organized. The bills for cryo-storage and the fertility treatments are separate, so figuring how much you actually owe is difficult and again, the billing lady is rarely helpful as her communication skills are not the best (misunderstands questions and doesn't fully answer).
I had insurance which was supposed to cover 90%. They "miscoded" a few of the parts of my retrieval and transfer and as a result these were not covered by insurance, even though they should have been. I ended up paying thousands and they were in no way intersted in discussing the issue. This time around I have HMO and they have been good so far at communicating with the insurance and getting things approved.
Because of my particular family situation, she stated that she would be transferring only one embryo. I felt the same, but if I hadn't I'm sure she would have gone along with my wishes to transfer more than one.

IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Klipstein] got us to a point where other said it could not be done! She was realistic but also used her knowledge to get me pregnant....She placed me on a course of medication that would prepare my uterus for pregnancy. They monitored me very closely to make sure they did the transfer at the most optimal time....She was there every step of the way and helped me get through our failed transfer with a new plan of action.
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
She got us to a point where other said it could not be done! She was realistic but also used her knowledge to get me pregnant. I am currently 16 weeks with a little girl! She was there every step of the way and helped me get through our failed transfer with a new plan of action.
Come with questions. She is very knowledgeable and will take the time to answer them.
She was wonderful through the whole process. I have recommended her to my friends! I also plan on going back for my next pregnancy.
They were wonderful. On the day we graduated they all came out to say good bye to us, which really made us feel special.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I think everything about the clinic was great. They always answered my questions, and made accommodations to help with my work schedule. I am very happy we decided to go to this clinic. They were all very caring and wait times were minimal.
I do not remember since it was covered by my insurance.
I did want two embryos transferred, but after hearing the risk to the babies and myself I did agree transferring only one would be best.
2006 - 2011
She was kind, compassionate and very well informed in the field of fertility. She took her time with every step and made sure we understood everything that would be happening. She also understood the emotional side of what we were going through and made sure that we were well taken care of...Dr Klipstein was always upfront with all information. She also took time to listen to my husband and myself...the more she knows about you and your partner, the better she will be able to help you.
2006 - 2011
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Don't hold back - the more she knows about you and your partner, the better she will be able to help you.
They were professional and kind. They took the time to get to know me and my story. They remembered me and I never felt like I had to keep repeating my story over and over - they just knew.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
It was a nice facility. Nothing fancy but it was comfortable.
My employer insurance covered 100% so the costs to me were nothing
Hoffman Estates

[Dr. Sigal Klipstein] Always greeting me by my name...She’s very personable, gives facts and doesn’t sugar coat. Almost motherly. It isn’t hard to talk to her. Developed a plan and explained risks and benefits. Not afraid to be blunt when it’s appropriate. I’d recommend her to anyone...Don’t be afraid to ask questions
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Always greeting me by my name.
I’m still in the process of treatment
Personable. Caring. Promt on answering their portal messages.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Clean waiting area. They communicate well with each other as with the rest of the office staff. Accommodating to their patients because the have early office hours. Always a smile on their faces and they are kind.
I am currently going through treatment.
She’s said she would only transfer one and I’m ok with that
Crystal Lake

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Klipstein was quite caring and I felt very comfortable in speaking with her about this very sensitive topic.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sigal Klipstein at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Make sure that you are completely honest.
I felt that the team of professionals at the clinic took the time to get to know me and my specific situation. I was greeted warmly each time I was in the office and conversations were continued from visit to visit. I also felt that the staff took the time to make sure that my husband and I understood each step fully before and thing began. I was also impressed that they really understood the sensitive nature of the situation and took every measure to make sure it ran as smoothly as they could make it run - which is not easy when dealing with insane cycles and insane insurance companies.
The nursing staff took every opportunity to make sure you felt comfortable. There are many awkward moments for not only the women but for the men and the nurses were very professional in those moments as to not make it worse then it already was.