6.8

3010 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601
301.705.9923

2010 - 2016, Successful
Dr. King is amazing. From the first day, he did everything he could to make sure we brought home a baby. He was thorough, clear and has a wonderful bedside manner...He has a warm demeanor and is caring and funny. He isn't just trying to get through a cycle quickly. I was diagnosed with several issues (blocked tunes, endometriomas) and he made sure we corrected those issues before beginning to give me the best possibility of success...He was personal. Asked personal details about my life. Followed up with me. He held my hand when I found out about my miscarriage. You can just tell his is just as invested in your journey as you are.
I never met a bad nurse at Shady Grove. Dawn was great and supportive. I had less integration with Sarah. But she was equally ands friendly. There is just less monitoring for FET. There was ands nurse named Jackie who was in the room when I found out about my miscarriage who hugged me for what felt like forever. I think of her all the time. Everyone is invested, just like you...This place runs like a well oiled machine. My first cycles, they would get behind on bloodwork, but at Waldorf, there were no delays.
How was your experience with Simon Kipersztok (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. King is amazing. From the first day, he did everything he could to make sure we brought home a baby. He was thorough, clear and has a wonderful bedside manner. When we went for our FET, he asked about our oldest and asked me to bring her in for a visit. He has a warm demeanor and is caring and funny. He isn't just trying to get through a cycle quickly. I was diagnosed with several issues (blocked tunes, endometriomas) and he made sure we corrected those issues before beginning to give me the best possibility of success. Even when we were very pregnant, he called the check in. I'm glad we stuck with him through our FET instead of staying in Annapolis. He gave me both of my babies!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Simon Kipersztok (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Don't lie! He needs to know everything. Don't be afraid, just come out with everything so he can give you the best treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Simon Kipersztok (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Simon Kipersztok (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We did IVF with ICSI for both fresh cycles. We did not use Lurpron because of the reactions I have to it. With my lack of my right ovary and damaged left tube, plus my husbands low counts and motility, he knew IVF was our best shot and IUI would probably be a waste of our limited resources. We also did 5 day embryo transfers, just to make sure they were all still growing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dawn/Sarah)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I don't know if any weaknesses. This place runs like a well oiled machine. My first cycles, they would get behind on bloodwork, but at Waldorf, there were no delays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Simon Kipersztok (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our first fresh cycle was almost $18k. That included prescriptions. Our second cycle, we had a grant from the Cade Foundation, so we only spent about $11k. Our FET was $5000 and we spent around another $1000 on meds.
Describe Simon Kipersztok (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Dr.K is a big believer in eSET. That was the one aspect of treatment he was the least bit pushy about. He explained the risk of multiples and they rising success rates of SETs.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. K [Simon Kipersztok] was so welcoming and understanding. He sat down with my husband and I and went over our options. He truly gave us hope.... I was on Provera to get my period started. Once my period started I had to go in once a week for testing. Next, I had to take meds to help me ovulate. Lastly, once my follicles were at the correct size I had to give myself a shot called Ovidrel to help me the sperm travel to my ovaries. This is a short but brief description.
The entire staff at Shady Grove is amazing. I use to get so emotional every time I would have an appointment and the staff would just give me words of wisdom throughout my treatment. It has been such a pleasure working with them.... The IUI treatment equal to $2,000 including treatment, copays, and meds... The only weakness I would say is my past nurse was not a good communicator. However, since then she and Dr. K have left a few new people have started and I have been nothing but please with the follow-up call and our options.
My husband and I got married December 2015. Of course after you get married here comes the baby in the baby carriage...as the song would say. After trying almost a year before we got married and nothing was happening, I knew it was time to get some help. I reached out to Shady Grove in Waldorf and Dr. K was so welcoming and understanding. He sat down with my husband and I and went over our options. He truly gave us hope.
The one piece of advice I would give is to just have faith and patience; both will truly get you through the process.
The fertility process is so emotional. However, Dr. K had patience and helped me through the process. He was totally a blessing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dana Lee)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The IUI treatment equal to $2,000 including treatment, copays, and meds
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
Nothing to report