Columbia University

Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolAnkara U (Turkey)
ResidencyU of Texas - Galveston
FellowshipCornell
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sinem Karipcin to a friend?
9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
2016 - 2019
First, she [Dr. Karipcin] did diagnostics (including HSG) to determine that I had PCOS. Then she discussed my treatment options... she has done a great job of explaining the process, the risks, and the likelihood of success for each step...Dr. Karipcin is so warm and caring. She was really invested in my care. She cared about me and my husband... I especially appreciated that she provided me with a lot of information in writing
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
She's just an excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and also caring. She always had time for me to discuss whatever I needed and answer my questions. I especially appreciated that she provided me with a lot of information in writing, so that I could go back and reference what we talked about. I always felt we were in the best hands with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Share all of your concerns with her. She is open and very caring toward her patients and happy to take the time to give them the information and treatment they need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin is so warm and caring. She was really invested in my care. She cared about me and my husband. She helped us conceive our wonderful daughter and has always been so sweet to our baby girl when we bring her in the office. She has become like a friend to our family.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Conceptions Florida and their degree of success.
First, she did diagnostics (including HSG) to determine that I had PCOS. Then she discussed my treatment options. I decided to go with IUI and Letrozole. She always walked me through the diagnostic and treatment procedures and made me feel at ease. The IUI/Letrozole protocol worked very well. On our second try, I conceived my daughter. Two years later, we tried the same procedure several times, but it hasn't worked (due to the fact that I am nearly 38 now). So, she recommended IVF (after making it clear that it was up to me how to proceed). We are in the middle of that process and she has done a great job of explaining the process, the risks, and the likelihood of success for each step. My husband and I have been very happy with our treatment under her care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Alex Aviles)
Alex has been great. Very responsive. She is also warm and friendly. I always look forward to seeing her.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The medical staff is excellent. My doctor, the nurses, all medical staff have been great. We have been very happy with them. The administrative staff has been more difficult to work with, especially the front desk. They often don't seem to know how to direct patients' calls. If you call and describe your question or situation, they don't seem to be able to say "oh, you need to speak to so-and-so" or "let me find out who you need to talk to." It can be frustrating because fertility treatments are so time-sensitive. If your call gets misdirected and you don't get a prompt response, you can miss a cycle. However, as long as you have the email address of your nurse or patient coordinator, it is very easy to communicate with them and they answer emails promptly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida.
I don't recall.
Coral Gables

We went straight to IVF due to my Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Dr. Karipcin said this would help us get the best results in the most time efficient manner (with DOR you don't want to waste time). I was nervous about the drugs and she took my concerns to heart, starting with low doses of most drugs and increasing only when necessary (with my approval)...Dr. Karipcin recommended only transferring 1 frozen embryo because the of splitting and miscarriage risk and we are glad we listened because it did split
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karpicin is the doctor you actually look forward to seeing, even though you would rather not be going through fertility issues. We initially saw another doctor where we felt like we didn't matter at all, and seeing Dr. Karipcin was a breath of fresh air - it was a huge difference. She is warm and caring but also extremely intelligent and informed. She has a wonderful bedside manner but is also straightforward.
Don't hesitate to see her if you are questioning your fertility. Write down your questions/concerns before going - she will answer them all.
Dr. Karpicin always made us feel like a human rather than a number. She took the time to get to know us personally and ease our fears. She took an interest in our lives and called us by name.
We went straight to IVF due to my Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Dr. Karipcin said this would help us get the best results in the most time efficient manner (with DOR you don't want to waste time). I was nervous about the drugs and she took my concerns to heart, starting with low doses of most drugs and increasing only when necessary (with my approval). The first retrieval, we only got 1 truly good embryo (out of 13 eggs, using ICSI) which we fresh transferred on day 5 (resulting in a chemical pregnancy). A few months later we did another retrieval, slightly adjusting my medications so I would stimulate less but yield higher quality eggs hopefully - it seemed to work because we got 8 eggs but 5 were A and B quality (we did not use ICSI this time per the Dr's recommendation which paid off). Froze all. Transferred 1 A quality Day 5 embryo 3 months after retrieval. This embryo split and we saw 2 heartbeats, but about 7 weeks in, 1 failed. Currently 10+ weeks pregnant with surviving baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Grey)
The nursing team was excellent and made the experience actually enjoyable. I always looked forward to seeing the whole team. They are professional, organized, responsive and they truly care.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
This clinic is excellent. The only weaknesses I could see were the organization of the front desk staff. I got a few confusing phone calls over the year about appointment times. Another time I waited for an hour and a half in the waiting room because my Dr. hadn't been notified I had arrived. The wait times could also be frustrating - mostly it was inconsistent. Sometimes I would wait 15 minutes and other times an hour - even for a blood draw. However, once you see the Dr or nurses, they give you their undivided attention, so I think that's the trade-off. I never felt rushed. My advice for a new patient would be, if you have long wait times, just know that when it's your turn, you will feel like their #1 patient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Florida.
Monitoring appointments are scheduled for all patients from 8-10am. It was usually pretty busy and I would end up waiting or being in the office from 1-2 hours for ultrasound and blood draw. Some days were better than others. I would have loved a specific time to come in, but as mentioned before, once you saw the Dr and nurses, you felt like a VIP.
For 2 egg retrievals, we paid for a package that cost approximately $23,000. We also paid about $6,000 for a frozen transfer. Medications were separate.
Describe Sinem Karipcin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Florida.
Dr. Karipcin recommended only transferring 1 frozen embryo because the of splitting and miscarriage risk and we are glad we listened because it did split (but 1 failed so currently pregnant with the singleton).

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. K [Karipcin] made us feel like her only patients! She was extremely compassionate, personalized care to our needs and expectations, and always helped us understand and make decisions. She is personable, friendly, and professional...She not only made sure we understood her plan and reasoning, but it was clear that she understood the nuance of our case, listened to us made adjustments according to our goals and how my wife felt, and gave us sage advice. She even considered various ways to help us financially.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
My wife and I had a tough time at another clinic prior to finding Dr. K. Everything changed for us after meeting her. She is kind and compassionate, and an extremely intelligent and professional doctor. She not only made sure we understood her plan and reasoning, but it was clear that she understood the nuance of our case, listened to us made adjustments according to our goals and how my wife felt, and gave us sage advice. She even considered various ways to help us financially. The course wasn't easy, and we went through two retrievals and two implantations, but we had no hesitation ever, knowing that we were with the right doctor. She was with us every step of the way! Now we are expecting later this year. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. K to anyone, and have recommended her to several friends and colleagues. We are lucky we found her.
Know you are in good hands! Don't hesitate to ask questions and make sure you are satisfied with your plan.
Dr. K made us feel like her only patients! She was extremely compassionate, personalized care to our needs and expectations, and always helped us understand and make decisions. She is personable, friendly, and professional. She really made us feel comfortable after having a bad experience at another clinic.
During the first round of stimulation, my wife was feeling the side effects of the medication. Dr. K made adjustments during the second round and the treatments were much easier to tolerate.
This nursing staff could run the world. They are extremely knowledgeable about the entire process, are passionate about what they are doing, and are completely organized. I was very impressed with the level of commitment and personalized care they provided.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is clean, up-to-date, with nice facilities. The staff is professional. The site is easy to get to with several transportation options. The other physicians there are also fantastic. Everything is done on site.
Coral Gables

Dr. Karipcin was so sweet and wonderful. She genuinely cares about her patients...After lack of ovulation for months, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I wanted the least intensive course of action initially. She started me on Letrozole and told me we could do a certain amount of courses until moving on to the next step. I got pregnant twice but miscarried both times around 6-7 weeks. She personally performed my second D&C with genetic testing... She takes the time to sit down, look you in the eye, and discuss questions and results with you. I never felt like a number or that I was being rushed out of the room..
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin was so sweet and wonderful. She genuinely cares about her patients. She takes the time to sit down, look you in the eye, and discuss questions and results with you. I never felt like a number or that I was being rushed out of the room. She made it clear that her ultimate goal was the same as mine, successful treatment. She always made herself available for questions or concerns. I was happy to be under her care.
As with any fertility doctor, stay organized with what the plan of care is. Keep track of your tests that are completed and what is the next step.
After lack of ovulation for months, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I wanted the least intensive course of action initially. She started me on Letrozole and told me we could do a certain amount of courses until moving on to the next step. I got pregnant twice but miscarried both times around 6-7 weeks. She personally performed my second D&C with genetic testing. She is currently supporting my next step of IVF from afar as she transitions into a new position.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
Nursing staff was good but didn’t do too much besides escorting me into the room for ultrasounds. The only other time I had direct nursing care was during my D&C and for the procedure the nursing staff was absolutely wonderful.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I’ve never been to a different fertility center but similarly to OBGYN offices, they are busy. The appointment times often given were totally unrealistic for a working professional. Luckily my doctor helped facilitate appointments that I could make after work.
Most of my costs were ultrasounds and blood work.

2017 - 2019
I know Dr.Karipcin strongly recommends transferring just one embryo. She briefly explained the reasons and seemed very passionate about the topic....Dr. Karipcin always called us by first name, had our medical history on mind, was willing to spend as much time as needed explaining next steps and answering questions and she seemed to be genuinely happy or sad about the news we got each cycle...
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
My experience with Dr.Sinem Karipcin exceeded my expectations, which were based on experiences with all the rest of doctors in different medical specialities. From the first moment, she showed genuine interest in helping us understand the situation and alternatives resulting in lowering our anxiety. She was always warm and welcoming, as well as very knowledgeable, which made me trust her immediately. My experience was so good with her (and successful) that when I wanted to have a second child, I went straight back to her to ask for her help and guidance.
Ask her not only about all the possible alternatives, but also her recommendation. I think she is really good at reading the patient's emotional and physical status and suggesting the treatment that, considering all things, has the highest probability of success.
I don't remember all details, but until now I have tried the same treatment strategy, based on letrozole for 5 days and a trigger shot. This proved successful the first time and I am still in the process this second time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Alexandra Aviles)
Even though I had Alexandra assigned as the primary contact for coordination, I talked to many of the nursing staff. They were all very caring and efficient in their communications. In particular Alexandra was great too.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
This clinic has a great reputation. The nursing staff is really the best in terms of kindness and efficient communication. The worst part is that they have too many patients now and the waiting time is really long every time.
I know Dr.Karipcin strongly recommends transferring just one embryo. She briefly explained the reasons and seemed very passionate about the topic. I was not questioning this specific aspect, so we didn't talk much about it.
Coral Gables

Dr. Karipcin’s passion and intelligence regarding her job is evident. Not only does she help to make my understanding of my diagnosis and treatment clear, but she also shows personal regard for my emotions....Dr. Karipcin has a genuine and realistic approach that feels intimate when working with me as a patient. She is personable and heartfelt and always makes the time without rushing....From the very start of treatment, I was treated aggressively because of my DOR diagnosis and my husband’s MIF.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Ask questions if you want something explained in a different way or you simply want more information.
From the very start of treatment, I was treated aggressively because of my DOR diagnosis and my husband’s MIF. Injectables were used for both IUI and of course, IVF egg retrieval prep. 150 menopur daily for IUI and 300 menopur/300 Follistim daily for IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
There are many nurses, some of which handle IVF, IUI, or basic functions in the clinic. As our treatments have adjusted we have been passed around quite a bit’ and it is difficult to build a comfortable relationship with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Dr. Karipcin is amazing! The flexibility of scheduling is also a plus. Everyone is overall friendly and has great bedside manner. The office is very cleanly. In terms of coordinating my everchanging needs it is sometimes a challenge to keep track and work with so many people on the team, billing staff, insurance, front desk, nurses, etc. However, I have learned it is easiest to communicate via email. Wait time to be seen in the office is usually not too bad, except for the few times during peak IVF cycles when it has been quite long.
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida.

Dr. Karipcin is one of a kind. She was extremely knowledgeable and always answered all of my questions and concerns, while also managing to be warm, empathetic and understanding throughout the process. She worked with me to develop a plan that was personalized and addressed all of my needs and concerns. ..She understood my history in trying to conceive and worked with me to find a plan that suited my particular needs and concerns. She was always very thorough and direct. She has a warmth and compassion to her that was refreshing to see in the medical field
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin is one of a kind. She was extremely knowledgeable and always answered all of my questions and concerns, while also managing to be warm, empathetic and understanding throughout the process. She worked with me to develop a plan that was personalized and addressed all of my needs and concerns. I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Karipcin and know that I am in good hands with her.
Don't wait to go see her. If you are having fertility issues, don't go it alone. Dr. Karipcin is a partner throughout your journey and will help you understand what is going on and develop a plan for you to gain control of the situation.
Dr. Karipcin has been fantastic. She understood my history in trying to conceive and worked with me to find a plan that suited my particular needs and concerns. She was always very thorough and direct. She has a warmth and compassion to her that was refreshing to see in the medical field. I would highly recommend her!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
This clinic has been great. They are extremely organized and proactive. Rather than you having to chase them down to schedule appointments, bloodwork, procedures, etc., they follow up with you to ensure you understand the next steps and that you are on target for complying with them.
Coral Gables

My experience with Dr. Karipcin was 100% wonderful. She made what could be a very emotional and difficult process easy and even enjoyable. She is incredibly talented in her field and with her patients. I had complete trust in her while I was in her care. She is very warm and professional, and I loved that she always took the time to talk to me about work or yoga or fashion and really build a great connection.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
She will work so hard to help you get your baby. Trust her.
I always felt very warmly welcomed by Dr. Karipcin. She always took the time to ask me about my day, how I’ve been feeling, chat about work, or complement my outfit. She is very kind and always made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
The entire nursing staff was excellent. They always were warm and personable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic wasn’t very nice, clean, and new. The entire staff is friendly, professional and excellent in their field. The wait time can be long, but I found it to be because everyone takes the time to be thorough, communicate, and build relationships with their patients.
Coral Gables
She [Dr. Karipcin] was very attentive, always explained everything easily to understand. Replied to emails pretty quick. Very gentel and quick while doing my HSG.... She was very attentive, easy to understand always easy to access and compassionate to our case. Explained everything what could be done to achieve a family and cheaper methods, we were self paid at the time....
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
To ask a lot of questions and have all bases cover before leaving
She was very attentive, always explained everything easily to understand. Replied to emails pretty quick. Very gentel and quick while doing my HSG. I wish our loan had been approved for our treatment.
Unfortunately our insurance never covered our treatment and we weren’t approved for a loan at the time. I only got to have basic testing and a HSG. I wished we could have processed to treatment with this dr
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Yurima Avila)
Yurima was amazing, always ready to answer my concerns, to this day she still replied my emails when planning in going back to the clinic
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I love everything of this clinic, I wish I could go back. But I didn’t experiment much since our loan wasn’t approved to continue our treatment. Customer service is great. Even though we’re not patient anymore. Any time I’ve needed my records they always send it
Coral Gables

she [Dr. Sinem Karipcin] is helping me start the process of freezing my eggs. She has fully explained the planned treatments and how she is planning to alter dosing to help prevent OHSS...Dr. Karipcin was very warm and welcoming. She also treated me like a friend which I really appreciated. She was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of my questions! Her counseling was also completely individualized to me and me only.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin was always very professional and knowledgeable. She was always available to answer questions along the way and was extremely sweet. She also clearly knows what she is doing and is very good at explaining a very complicated and nerve-wracking process. I love her!
She is wonderful! Very smart and treats you like family.
As of now, she is helping me start the process of freezing my eggs. She has fully explained the planned treatments and how she is planning to alter dosing to help prevent OHSS.
The staff is overall excellent and very accommodating with my busy schedule.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Everyone is very professional yet friendly. You can tell it is a very well run facility. Despite that they are obviously a busy office, your visit does not feel rushed. I was very comfortable with Dr. Karipcin and all of her staff.
Since I am a physician, I am receiving a 20% professional discount
Coral Gables

Dr. Karipcin is very talented and knowledgeable about the latest advancements in this field. She is also a very caring and kind person. She always made me and my husband feel heard and understood. She is wonderful as a doctor and a human being...We did one round of IVF, retrieved 17 mature eggs, did ICSI, genetic testing, and single frozen embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst). After the egg retrieval, we waited 1 cycle before doing the frozen embryo transfer. We succeeded on the first try, I am now 15 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and have another tested frozen embryo for a later transfer.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
My advice is to express all your concerns, ask any questions and she will apply her knowledge and expertise to help you achieve the desired outcome.
We felt we were treated like family by Dr. K and she adapted the protocols to our specific situation. She always gave us her best advice while listening to our concerns. We definitely felt like we had an individualized treatment and felt she really cared about us.
All the nurses and staff at Conceptions Florida were wonderful. Caring, loving and cheering for us.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is wonderful! The staff was amazing, very caring both the doctors and nurses who are all very professional and caring. The online portal was very helpful in managing, appointments, medications and communications.
Around 26K

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
My experience with Dr K[aripcin] couldnt have been better. She is an amazing qualified doctor both technically and sensitive to her patients. I was all the time very secure and safe about all the steps of my procedure. And the outcome was great!...Besides a greatly technically qualified doctor, she wont make you feel lonely or desperate during the tough ride that is infertility...My protocol was IVF, we did one round, the frozen cycle was recommended since the beginning so as to do the genetic testing.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
My experience with Dr K couldnt have been better. She is an amazing qualified doctor both technically and sensitive to her patients. I was all the time very secure and safe about all the steps of my procedure. And the outcome was great!
Any patient with Dr K couldn’t be in better hands. Besides a greatly technically qualified doctor, she wont make you feel lonely or desperate during the tough ride that is infertility.
Dr K has this unique capacity to deliver precise and elaborated information regarding your health/fertility while being extremely caring and gentle, always making you feel unique.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Anay Verde)
All the nurses and staff at Conceptions Florida were amazing. Caring and loving, guiding me all the time.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is great! From the staff which is impeccable, caring and professional to all the doctors and nurses who are all extremely competent. It is very well located, clean and organized. There isn't any weak feature I can point out.
It was around 30k
Coral Gables

Dr. Karipcin was completely accurate with the diagnosis and the treatment that better suited our case. Her treatment was always sweet, showing absolute understanding of the stress we would be feeling before and during the treatment and calming us down giving us the confidence of working together to "get us pregnant", as she always said....Every time we went to the clinic the treated us like family using our names and completely aware of our case as if we were the only patients there.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Listen to her, she knows and if you have any questions, just ask everything, she will patiently and clearly explain everything.
Excellent! All were so sweet and friendly. A smile in their faces at all times.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Location very convenient and excellent use of the technology through the portal to coordinate visits, provide test results and treatments. The clinic has all required equipment and personnel to attend all its patients in a timely manner.
Coral Gables
She [Dr. Karipcin] paid really attention to every detail and was very aware of my case...Excellent professional and outstanding service. Very knowledgeable and caring for her patients. Pays attention to every detail and without a doubt would go back to her in the future. Thank her very much for all her services and patience...She had a strong preference for only transferring one embryo due to my age and my conditions. It was the safest option and most viable healthy pregnancy and I’m happy we took that path
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
She paid really attention to every detail and was very aware of my case
Excellent staff!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Doctors and nurses are extremely qualify! Everything is neat, clean and organized. They follow their protocols and look after their patients. Had a great experience and would go back there. Everyone is very well trained
Coral Gables

Dr. Karipcin is one of the best doctors I had in my life. She is human and shows compassion in every step of the way. She explains things with diagrams and real life examples. All questions are answered in a quick and professional matter. She respects your bounders and shows that she cares...Doctor is very sensitive to your personal limits and your comfortable level. Explains all processes in detail to make sure the patience understands.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Be patience. All information needs to be gathered before any treatment can be provided.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Doctor is very sensitive to your personal limits and your comfortable level. Explains all processes in detail to make sure the patience understands. Weaknesses- sometimes the clinic is full and does you can see that they are rush
I am not comfortable sharing this information