9.7

Cornell

Sinem Karipcin works at

5 Columbus Circle

Treated 2019 - 2020
[The nurse at Columbia University was] always available...was very helpful throughout the process, answered all of my questions thoroughly and was a great communicatior...Antoinette was the financial coordinator and she was excellent at handling all of the insurance - it was very seamless for us...The clinic is well staffed with excellent professionals. When my doctor was unavailable, I always felt like I was in good hands with the other medical professionals. They are a very well organized clinic and adhere to the highest standards of care.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K is authentic. Her interactions with the patient are not a show of care. She is genuine in her words of encouragement (and congratulations!), and is sincere in discussions about the more serious topics. Along those lines, Dr. K is extremely knowledgeable. Her professional credentials are impressive to read on her bio website. It’s even more impressive how she conveys her knowledge in a way that is clear and thorough. She made every effort to attend all of my visits and procedures within reason and always would stop in to check on me when she was at the clinic which felt very frequent. Because of the nature of the procedures and timing, it is not reasonable to expect your doctor to be there for every single visit and procedure. It was the best experience I have had with any doctor to date.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Feel comfortable knowing you are working with one of the best doctors. Trust her advice and guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. Karipcin (Dr. K) is the kindest, warmest doctor I have ever had the pleasure working with. I have had some really bad experiences with doctors and she completely changed my perspective on the doctor patient relationship. She took the time to fully understand our medical backgrounds, knew our information cold throughout the whole treatment process and was able to connect with us on a personal level. She is incredibly patient and thoughtful, takes all of the time to answer your questions and share all of the pertinent information you haven’t thought to ask yet. I also observed her interactions with the other staff at the clinic and you can tell she is deeply respected by all of her colleagues which speaks volumes. Our overall experience felt like we received the highest standard of care from a family member.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After our initial evaluation, it was determined we had unexplained infertility. We had been trying to conceive for almost two years, unsuccessfully. Dr. K discussed a range of treatment options from starting with Clomid, IUI and then IVF. Because of our age and other personal considerations, we elected to go straight to the IVF cycle. We were able to talk through the pros and cons of that strategy with Dr. K and felt comfortable moving forward on that path. We started with the egg retrieval process which went very smoothly. After that procedure and ahead of embryo transfer, Dr. K ordered an ultrasound and discovered a uterine polyp which needed to be removed prior to the transfer to ensure optimal environment for implantation. I was disappointed as it felt like a delay in the process (on top of being delayed by COVID) but Dr. K was totally right and it was worth it to have it removed. Dr. K handled that procedure as well as the embryo transfer, both of which were successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda Souverain )
Varda is an excellent nurse, always available and a fantastic extension of Dr. K. Varda was very helpful throughout the process, answered all of my questions thoroughly and was a great communicatior. The ultrasound and blood technicians were also excellent, very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.
We were extremely fortunate that the cost of our treatment was largely covered by insurance, so we were responsible for co-pays on prescriptions and visits. I took advantage of my FSA to cover these costs. Antoinette was the financial coordinator and she was excellent at handling all of the insurance - it was very seamless for us.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
To preface my commentary, COVID-19 has been a VERY fluid situation and information and protocols were changing constantly which was out of the clinics control. The day before I was scheduled to go in for a procedure, the care coordinator informed me by email they could not perform the procedure without a COVID test which put me into a panic. I had to find a testing clinic last minute and was worried without results they would not do the procedure. I had to call for clarification on this and they let me have the procedure and pass on the COVID results a few days later. A call versus an email to discuss this would have been preferred and probably would have avoided frustration and panic. Other than this, they were very well organized and communicative.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Karipcin was so sweet and wonderful. She genuinely cares about her patients...After lack of ovulation for months, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I wanted the least intensive course of action initially. She started me on Letrozole and told me we could do a certain amount of courses until moving on to the next step. I got pregnant twice but miscarried both times around 6-7 weeks. She personally performed my second D&C with genetic testing... She takes the time to sit down, look you in the eye, and discuss questions and results with you. I never felt like a number or that I was being rushed out of the room..
Nursing staff [Conceptions Florida] was good but didn’t do too much besides escorting me into the room for ultrasounds. The only other time I had direct nursing care was during my D&C and for the procedure the nursing staff was absolutely wonderful...they are busy. The appointment times often given were totally unrealistic for a working professional. Luckily my doctor [Karipcin] helped facilitate appointments that I could make after work.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin was so sweet and wonderful. She genuinely cares about her patients. She takes the time to sit down, look you in the eye, and discuss questions and results with you. I never felt like a number or that I was being rushed out of the room. She made it clear that her ultimate goal was the same as mine, successful treatment. She always made herself available for questions or concerns. I was happy to be under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
As with any fertility doctor, stay organized with what the plan of care is. Keep track of your tests that are completed and what is the next step.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Conceptions Florida and their degree of success.
After lack of ovulation for months, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I wanted the least intensive course of action initially. She started me on Letrozole and told me we could do a certain amount of courses until moving on to the next step. I got pregnant twice but miscarried both times around 6-7 weeks. She personally performed my second D&C with genetic testing. She is currently supporting my next step of IVF from afar as she transitions into a new position.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
Nursing staff was good but didn’t do too much besides escorting me into the room for ultrasounds. The only other time I had direct nursing care was during my D&C and for the procedure the nursing staff was absolutely wonderful.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I’ve never been to a different fertility center but similarly to OBGYN offices, they are busy. The appointment times often given were totally unrealistic for a working professional. Luckily my doctor helped facilitate appointments that I could make after work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida.
Most of my costs were ultrasounds and blood work.
Treated 2017 - 2018
My experience with Dr. Karipcin was 100% wonderful. She made what could be a very emotional and difficult process easy and even enjoyable. She is incredibly talented in her field and with her patients. I had complete trust in her while I was in her care. She is very warm and professional, and I loved that she always took the time to talk to me about work or yoga or fashion and really build a great connection.
The clinic [Conceptions Florida] wasn’t very nice, clean, and new. The entire staff is friendly, professional and excellent in their field. The wait time can be long, but I found it to be because everyone takes the time to be thorough, communicate, and build relationships with their patients...The entire nursing staff was excellent. They always were warm and personable...I always felt very warmly welcomed by Dr. Karipcin...
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
She will work so hard to help you get your baby. Trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
I always felt very warmly welcomed by Dr. Karipcin. She always took the time to ask me about my day, how I’ve been feeling, chat about work, or complement my outfit. She is very kind and always made me feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
The entire nursing staff was excellent. They always were warm and personable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic wasn’t very nice, clean, and new. The entire staff is friendly, professional and excellent in their field. The wait time can be long, but I found it to be because everyone takes the time to be thorough, communicate, and build relationships with their patients.
Coral Gables
Dr. Karipcin is very talented and knowledgeable about the latest advancements in this field. She is also a very caring and kind person. She always made me and my husband feel heard and understood. She is wonderful as a doctor and a human being...We did one round of IVF, retrieved 17 mature eggs, did ICSI, genetic testing, and single frozen embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst). After the egg retrieval, we waited 1 cycle before doing the frozen embryo transfer. We succeeded on the first try, I am now 15 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and have another tested frozen embryo for a later transfer.
The clinic [Conceptions Florida] is wonderful! The staff was amazing, very caring both the doctors and nurses who are all very professional and caring. The online portal was very helpful in managing, appointments, medications and communications...All the nurses and staff at Conceptions Florida were wonderful. Caring, loving and cheering for us...We did one round of IVF, retrieved 17 mature eggs, did ICSI, genetic testing, and single frozen embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst). After the egg retrieval, we waited 1 cycle before doing the frozen embryo transfer. We succeeded on the first try, I am now 15 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and have another tested frozen embryo for a later transfer.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
My advice is to express all your concerns, ask any questions and she will apply her knowledge and expertise to help you achieve the desired outcome.
We felt we were treated like family by Dr. K and she adapted the protocols to our specific situation. She always gave us her best advice while listening to our concerns. We definitely felt like we had an individualized treatment and felt she really cared about us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Conceptions Florida.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The clinic is wonderful! The staff was amazing, very caring both the doctors and nurses who are all very professional and caring. The online portal was very helpful in managing, appointments, medications and communications.
Around 26K
Coral Gables
Dr. Karipcin was completely accurate with the diagnosis and the treatment that better suited our case. Her treatment was always sweet, showing absolute understanding of the stress we would be feeling before and during the treatment and calming us down giving us the confidence of working together to "get us pregnant", as she always said....Every time we went to the clinic the treated us like family using our names and completely aware of our case as if we were the only patients there.
Every time we went to the clinic [Conceptions Florida] the treated us like family using our names and completely aware of our case as if we were the only patients there....[Nursing Staff] Excellent! All were so sweet and friendly. A smile in their faces at all times...Location very convenient and excellent use of the technology through the portal to coordinate visits, provide test results and treatments...
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Listen to her, she knows and if you have any questions, just ask everything, she will patiently and clearly explain everything.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Conceptions Florida.
Excellent! All were so sweet and friendly. A smile in their faces at all times.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Location very convenient and excellent use of the technology through the portal to coordinate visits, provide test results and treatments. The clinic has all required equipment and personnel to attend all its patients in a timely manner.