Doctor available by email
818-344-8522
18370 Burbank Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356
818-344-8522
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Snunit Ben-Ozer to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tree of Life Center to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 79%Don't recommend: 21%9
She [Dr. Ben-Ozer] was super patient. I wish, though, that she had encouraged us to save our embryos, just in case they could be used later. ... I am not sure that IUI after IUI was the way to go either. It never worked, yet somehow we did like 7 of them ... She was pretty aggressive with the meds, the goal being to get as many eggs as possible. ... For me, it would have made a lot more sense to do a mini IVF or a mild IVF which uses less meds.
European, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center?
I really liked her a lot. We were referred to her by a couple who had a successful IVF with her and knew a few other couples who were successful with her. She was super patient. I wish, though, that she had encouraged us to save our embryos, just in case they could be used later. We are finding out now that one of them could have been implanted and possible autocorrected. But, there has been a lot of research since then, I just wish she would have had a bit more foresight as an expert in her field. Which may or may not be fair. Also, I wish that she had been less aggressive with the hormones, as I am learning now that when you are in your 40's, too many meds can fry your eggs as they are more delicate than when you are younger.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center?
Do your research. Don't throw your embryos out right away if they are labeled "abnormal." See what other advancements will be made over the next couple years. She is a good doctor. Go with your gut.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center?
She was very kind and so was everyone who worked in her office. She was likable and seemed to like me too. She had a sense of humor and was respectful and considerate. She thought before she spoke and never seemed in a rush or anything.
Describe the protocols Snunit Ben-Ozer used in your cycles at Tree of Life Center and their degree of success.
She was pretty aggressive with the meds, the goal being to get as many eggs as possible. For me, it would have made a lot more sense to do a mini IVF or a mild IVF which uses less meds. Also, I am not sure that IUI after IUI was the way to go either. It never worked, yet somehow we did like 7 of them, which is very expensive. In retrospect, I probably would not have done so many of them.
Ercy was wonderful. Organized, warm, likable and efficient. June was also very efficient and kind.
Describe your experience with Tree of Life Center.
It is hard for me to totally recommend this clinic, as I did not get pregnant, but I will say that the energy there was very welcoming and Dr. Ben-Ozer was skilled and compassionate. I just do't know how updated she was on what was happening in the field as far as new protocols, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center.
It was expensive. Stimulated IUI: $5,000 Regular IUI: $2500 Use of surgery center for extraction: $10,000 Rest of IVF expenses: $10,000- $15,000
Describe Snunit Ben-Ozer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tree of Life Center.
She told me she would not transfer more than 2 at a time. We never got to that point though. If we had, I would transfer one at a time, not more than that.
What specific things went wrong at Tree of Life Center?
Tarzana

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center.

Tubal Blockage, Other
[Dr. Snunit Ben-Ozer] herself is ok, however she never seemed to check my file prior to my appointments and was constantly getting my history wrong. My husband and I weren't treated with a customized fertility plan. We got the same cookie cutter steps everyone else gets... When we did our IUI with Dr. Ben-Ozer there was no discussion of a treatment plan and had zero opportunity to speak with her. In fact she wasn't even the person who performed the procedure a Nurse Practioner was, who I had never met.
Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Don't waste your, time, money, or energy!!!! Do your research first and find another facility!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Snunit Ben-Ozer used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I had a bubble test done to see if my tubes we're blocked and they were. I was scheduled for a polyp removal in my uterus but did not t end up having the procedure because the medication dissolved it. Then had an IUI (natural cycle) and was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Sempre)
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Strengths: covered by my insurance 50%. Weaknesses: too many to name (see review below). Her staff of nurses were incredibly rude and didn't care about the patient. They all had terrible bed side manner. Anytime my husband and I had questions we were answered as if we were bothering them or with the tone of our questions being dumb. This was particularly an issue with Jennifer Sempre, Dr. Ben-Ozer's head case manager for her office. I would get labs back and no explanation of the results. Dr. Ben-Ozer herself is ok, however she never seemed to check my file prior to my appointments and was constantly getting my history wrong. My husband and I weren't treated with a customized fertility plan. We got the same cookie cutter steps everyone else gets and as we all know no two bodies are the same. Unfortunately if you don't fit the Kaiser mold they throw you to the wayside and don't care. When we did our IUI with Dr. Ben-Ozer there was no discussion of a treatment plan and had zero opportunity to speak with her. In fact she wasn't even the person who performed the procedure a Nurse Practioner was, who I had never met. The overall experience with her office was literally traumatizing. They made a stressful delicate situation even worse. I would never recommend going to Dr. Ben-Ozer or any doctor at Kaiser for infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Since it was a Kaiser facility our insurance planned covered 50% of the treatments.
Describe Snunit Ben-Ozer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles- Sunset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She is kind and reassuring which puts you at ease. You don't feel that she is rushing through your questions to get to the next person.... Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She has candidly said that if a certain medication didn't work there were others to try and we might to increase the dosage on some. Since we are nearing the end of our cycles and still have not gotten pregnant we have to be realistic about the future of our treatment.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Ben Over always came in with a positive outlook. She has candidly said that if a certain medication didn't work there were others to try and we might to increase the dosage on some. Since we are nearing the end of our cycles and still have not gotten pregnant we have to be realistic about the future of our treatment. She is kind and reasurring but I do have to be the one that asks what is next. I don't like to think that I'm being negative but I am more realistic about the situation. We are on our 3rd IUI and she did state that if this one didn't work we need to sit down for a consult and start discussing IVF which she said was "very expensive" which we already know.
Ask questions, do your research! If there is something going on with your body ask what you can do to facilitate the process.
Initially, we started with Clomid to see if that would help us get pregnant, which it didn't. We moved on to Clomid with the trigger shot, but each scan would show only one follicle growing. We decided that on the next cycle we would increase Clomid, do the trigger shot, and start on menopur, with the hope that I would get 2-3 full size follicles. This last IUI I still only had 1 follicle, so we did talk about increasing menopur if this cycle was unsuccessful.
I started my treatment at Kaiser, and most of the staff are friendly and informative. They definitely show compassion during this process. I say most, because I have encountered one who is not as warm as the others. She's not rude but definitely not inviting
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The facility is Kaiser and they've been pretty good about me calling in and responding to my questions. I like that you can call the fertility center and speak to the nurses and also email them. Their turnaround for responding is fast. I haven't been to any other clinic, but here, you see so many women come.in and out. They have several doctors. At one point, they put me with someone else, and I requested to be put back with my doctor since she knew what was going on. I have gone to other doctors for follicle checks and IUIs and they've all been just as kind.
Luckily, my insurance has covered the IUIs. All I have had to pay are my co-pays for the visits and meds
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles- Sunset

2009 - 2012
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Ben-Ozer is what I needed. A small, personal clinic that put up with my questions and was flexible with appointments to suit my busy schedule. She is not as warm and fuzzy as mr. rogers. But you KNOW she cares. I have three incredible kids thanks to Dr. Ben-Ozer. After my first IVF left us with only one half assed blast on day 5 she figured out a new protocol for me that allowed me to have the family I now have. I owe her so much.
2009 - 2012
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center?
This isn't the flashiest, biggest clinic. But that means they can really pay attention to YOU the person.
It is a very small clinic so every one working there knows you by name. Dr. Ben-Ozer didn't just go by the book. She found out what worked for ME personally and not the masses. Also after transfer Dr. Ben-Ozer would hold our hands and say a prayer in Hebrew. Even for an agnostic/atheist like me it was very touching.
After trying for a year we went to Ben-Ozer at the suggestion of my friend. We did blood testing and I was relieved to see on the "dildo cam" that I had ovaries and follicles. Turns out our issue was male factor. When she got the results Dr. Ben-Ozer sat us down and explained she thought we should go straight to IVF. I was very overwhelmed and seeing that Dr. Ben-Ozer agreed to let us try IUIs first. But pretty quickly we knew we'd be moving on to IVF. Our first retrieval was disappointing. Though I had lots of follicles half were empty. B-O (Ben ozer from now on) also noticed that the liquid around the eggs was cloudy and looked like it belonged to an older woman. Needless to say that IVF resulted in a negative. I was heartbroken and worried that I would never be able to produce decent eggs. Was the issue MFI AND me? B-O never wavered. She told me she would get me pregnant. The next IVF cycle we used a different protocol. The biggest change was no more lupron. With this new protocol, my next retrieval was so much better. I transferred two embryos and we froze four. One of those two became by daughter. A year later we did an FET. Two of the frozens didn't survive. The other two were transferred. But alas a negative. Using the same protocol as our successful IVF we did another fresh cycle. This was our best one yet. And the two embryos we transferred both took and gave us our twin boys. Dr. Ben-Ozer clearly found the right protocol for my body.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tree of Life Center.
Again, this is a small clinic. Besides Dr. B-O there were only two other people in the office. You really got to know them and they got to know you.
Describe your experience with Tree of Life Center.
It's small. 3 exam rooms. One doctor. A nurse and the paperwork lady. There is also a little man behind the desk who deals with the money. I liked it for this very reason. I wanted small and personal.
I was out of pocket, but Dr. Ben-Ozer did whatever she could to cut the costs. She offered packages. She often gave me donated meds. And whenever she could she would charge off my monitoring as something else (i.e. watching a cyst which was covered by insurance)

2013 - 2015
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Ben-Ozer treated me like her sister. She deeply cared about us. She held my hand while I went into a surgery....Dr. Ben-Ozer is a top doctor. She is brilliant and compassionate. She does everything herself, so there is no confusion. She is extremely detailed and specific. I highly recommend her to be your RE.
2013 - 2015
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Snunit Ben-Ozer at Tree of Life Center?
She will tell you the truth. She will be very detailed and specific.
She was constantly adjusting our treatments based on the results we were getting. She wanted to see me all the time to check on how things were going. And, she was always the one to do the ultrasounds herself. She would then sit down with us and go over our next course of action.
Describe your experience with Tree of Life Center.
Dr. Ben-Ozer uses the ART Center in Beverly Hills for retrievals and transfers, and this is where the embryos are stored. It's a top clinic.
Costs were what we expected
Tarzana

Dr. Ben-Ozer is very compassionate and takes thorough time to listen to you and help....She is warm but gets straight to the point. She wants to get you pregnant and get a baby home in a crib. She is passionate and caring and it’s a great combo. She is thoughtful and thorough in ordering bloodwork and tests to help determine your next steps...Dr. Ben-Ozer is kind and compassionate yet gets down to business. She goes through records with a fine tooth comb to see if she can help get to the bottom of why you’re not getting pregnant. She has matter of fact treatment plans that make sense.
Kind and knowledgeable