Medical SchoolMemorial U
FellowshipLenox Hill Hosp
399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sonia Elguero to a friend?

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF - The Albany Center to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable in the field of fertility. She has a very scientific approach to treatment, and clearly explains both the diagnosis and her plans for treatment. She is very dedicated to finding out what could be causing the infertility and set up a whole bunch of tests for us. ... She also checked on our mental and emotional well being during each appointment, and took our preferences into account when deciding on treatment options. ...
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable in the field of fertility. She has a very scientific approach to treatment, and clearly explains both the diagnosis and her plans for treatment. She is very dedicated to finding out what could be causing the infertility and set up a whole bunch of tests for us. She also makes sure to ask about your emotional and mental status throughout treatment. She did not push for any certain treatments, rather very clearly described our options and let us decide what we wanted to do next. Her delivery of information can be rather fast and overwhelming- she is all about the data. She also has a more blunt delivery, but does show concern and understanding with issues. We usually leave appointments with her satisfied with her treatment plan and care. However, she does rely on her staff for most of her communication outside actual appointments with her. We do not get to meet with her very often, and never even heard from her directly after our miscarriage (just from her head nurse). It is difficult to get an appointment with her, and usually there is a waiting period.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Bring something to take notes, as she will provide you with a ton of information during your appointment that may be overwhelming at first.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The office was always quick to answer any questions we had and follow ups with Dr. Elguero to touch base on how we were doing with everything. She also checked on our mental and emotional well being during each appointment, and took our preferences into account when deciding on treatment options.
Describe the protocols Sonia Elguero used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Elguero started me in Clomid and Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation. I first took 50mg of Clomid for 5 days, and then had ultrasound and blood work on cycle day 12 to monitor my progress. From there, they told me when to do my Ovidrel shot. I went in for my IUI 36 hours later. That had a negative pregnancy result. From there, she increased my Clomid to 150mg/day for 5 days. I continued with ultrasound and blood work monitoring and the Ovidrel shot. I did this for 5 more iuis. My last one resulted in a pregnancy. I unfortunately miscarried at 6 weeks. I am now currently waiting for my cycle to begin for our new round of treatment, which will involve injectables for 10 days, along with monitoring, and then another IUI. She is willing to try this for 4 cycles before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My assigned nurse has changed 3 times over the course of my treatment. My current nurse is Kim, and she is great. All 3 have been wonderful. They always took time to answer my questions, got back to me quickly with test results, and Kim has shown great compassion throughout treatment and our miscarriage. If my nurse is unavailable, another one is always willing to take my call. The nurses also performed all of my IUIs and were very clear in explaining the process to me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The staff at this clinic is definitely it's greatest strength. The nurses are all wonderful and the front desk receptionists are always pleasant. The ultrasound technicians are professional and make it as least awkward as possible. Phone calls are usually returned the same day. The office itself is nice, although the waiting room can get very full during lab hours! One weakness is that the ultrasound and blood work appointments can get very backed up on busy mornings. I think this is just a small space/staff issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My insurance covered almost everything, including medications. There is a $60 copay for every appointment. If we do IVF, we were told it could cost up to around $12,000 (including monitoring costs) depending on the medications.
Loudonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.

2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
2016 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is very science-based in her treatment approach. She reviews treatment history at every appointment and details how that influences her treatment plans. I felt like I was able to take the time I needed in appointments to have all of my questions answered and to process the information from the doctor. She was also ready to cite studies and current research backing up her recommendations. I appreciate the way she presents the options and allows patients to feel supported to make decisions on treatment. She has always encouraged me to consider all of the pros and cons of both IVF and IUI cycles including effectiveness, cost, and emotional toll, but I have never felt overly pressured to pursue IVF over IUI. Dr. Elguero also seems mindful of the emotional toll fertility treatments can take and has always encouraged emotional readiness. When dealing with setbacks she was always very compassionate and even made follow up phone calls to me when I was experiencing health problems arising from pregnancy, even when I was no longer under her direct care. I have one con about my experience with Dr. Elguero. I have been a patient at the practice since they transitioned from Albany IVF to Boston IVF and have only seen it become more difficult to get an appointment with the actual doctor. They just seem so busy all of the time, so the Dr. doesn't perform any of the IUIs and it is not unusual to go a few IUI cycles without seeing the doctor at all. She also no longer performs D&C procedures after miscarriages. Even for a current patient, they seem to be scheduling appointments with the doctor 3-4 months out.
Even if you aren't sure if you want to pursue treatment with a specialist, call and set up a consultation so that you can get the ball rolling when you are ready.
I always felt like my treatment plans were very personalized. Dr. Elguero also showed great compassion when dealing with difficult situtations. Having a specific nurse assigned to each patient also helps.
I tried several unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid, one with Ovidrel trigger. After ruling out many possible causes of infertility I then switched to injectable IUI cycles with the goal of increasing egg quality and producing 2-3 good follicles. I used small doses of Follistim (starting at 75 iu), which she increased in some cycles as needed based on ultrasound and hormone monitoring. I also was instructed to use Ganirelix on several days in some cycles based on monitoring. I also used the Ovidrel trigger shot and prometrium for luteal support. Three cycles using this protocol resulted in 2 pregnancies that ended in miscarriage and 1 unsuccesful cycle. After two miscarriages, Dr. Elguero added to the previous protocol small doses of Menopur (50 iu) and an additional Lupron trigger to try and further improve egg quality. This cycle resulted in another pregnancy that also ended in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Cayce, among others)
Assigning a primary nurse/care coordinator is a good idea, but I have been a patient for several years and it has changed 4 times with turnover among the staff. I don't fault them for this, but I wish they would notify me when that happens to reduce the times I have been playing phone tag trying to reach the right person. I have found all of the nurses assigned to my care to be similar--organized, positive, quick to respond to questions, but not overly personal or involved in treatment, which can feel frustrating when you don't see the doctor every cycle. Cayce has performed most of the IUI procedures I had at Boston IVF and is compassionate and has always performed the procedure with ease and little pain (compared to other IUI experiences elsewhere, I find her to be very good at it).
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Strengths: They have some excellent staff. Diane, Ana, and Renee have been very helpful with scheduling, financial, and insurance issues. One of the ultrasound techs who does both routine follicle checks and all the prenatal ultrasounds, Julia, is amazing. She is professional, gentle, and thorough. I also really like the nurse practitioner, Grace, who sees patients for prenatal appointments (among other things). She makes a good team with Dr. Elguero; I have found her care to be both very science driven and very personal. The clinic itself is clean and fairly updated, though could use better/more seating in the waiting room. Weaknesses: Wait times for appointments can vary greatly depending on what the staffing is like. I have been through cycles where it was not unusual to wait 45 minutes for routine lab appointments and cycles where there was very little waiting. Doctors appointments in the past year pretty consistently seem to have a 30-60 minute wait. Can seem overly tied to Boston IVF's rules. Very strict about paperwork (their "Consent to Thaw Donor Sperm" that must be signed every few months by both partners and witnessed by either their nursing staff or a notary public sometimes feels like the bane of my existence when already trying to juggle the required lab appointments) Also touts the Boston's Domar Center mind/body wellness initiatives but doesn't offer many services in Albany. I did try acupuncture once but found it to be prohibitively expensive as the acupuncturist was cash only.
I was lucky enough to have IUI cycles covered by insurance. They offer base prices of $450 IUI and $4500 IVF, though that doesn't include medication or monitoring.
Loudonville

She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history....pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elugero was extremely professional and I do think she is knowledgeable, even though I would not recommend her to a friend. However, Dr. Elugero pushed IVF on my husband and I before we even knew what was wrong. She was very cold and her meeting with us felt "scripted" and just the speech she gave every one. As I mentioned previously, I felt like a number in her office. She barely looked up from the computer during our meeting and she threw a lot of LOW statistics at us, scaring my husband and I into thinking we will never have children. (This was before I had any testing done) Dr. Elguero told me my eggs were similar to crumbs on the bottom of a cereal box. I was devastated. After my IUI with the clinic, I decided to leave as my experience just continued to go downhill and got worse when I got into the treatment. I did not have the option of speaking with Dr. Elguero once I started treatment, I was directed to nurses only.
To know that they are an IVF clinic only and Dr. Elguero will likely push this on you no matter what your diagnosis is.
I truly felt like a number with Dr. Elguero and her clinic, Albany IVF. At my initial consultation with Dr. Elguero before doing any tests or bloodwork, I left Albany IVF under the impression that something was already wrong with me and I would need IVF. At my first appointment, Dr. Elguero asked about my history, but she was typing in responses on her computer the entire time and not looking at myself or my husband. From time to time, she looked up at us. She continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history. Dr. Elguero pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option. (Which we don't) I was shocked she was already jumping to the conclusion of us needing IVF. She mentioned that since we had been trying to conceive for almost one year our percent chance of getting pregnant will drop quickly under 10% naturally and even with clomid/IUI. She explained a lot of other statistics during our consultation. I left the office in tears, feeling like I just went through a business transaction. The low percentages stuck in my head for days. I still really trusted Dr. Elguero because one of my close friends went to her and had nothing but great things to say about her experience...so I continued with Dr. Elguero's recommendations for blood work to check my hormone levels and an HSG to check if my tubes were open. I went back to Dr. Elguero for my follow up appointment after I had completed everything about one month later. At my follow up Dr. Elguero diagnosed me signs of a diminished ovarian reserve. Of course this was devastating to me and upsetting. At our consultation, I asked her how severe it was and she explained to me that my eggs were like "crumbs on the bottom of the cereal box." (Her exact words.) Then she said the only way to really know what my egg quality was really like was to do IVF. She said I could start with Clomid/ IUI and climb the ladder gradually since my insurance only covers IUI, but again mentioned how low percent chance it was to get pregnant. Then continued to push IVF as she kept bringing up the statistics of clomid/ IUI---under 5% chance. Then she said I could try FSH injectables, but twins is really common and since I am only 100 pounds i'd likely not carry both to term. I kept hearing these awful percent chances of me getting pregnant and no positive remarks about my journey. She compared the percent chance of me getting pregnant with IUI to IVF several times. (IVF being much higher percentage.) But then, at the end of our consultation she mentioned IVF might not even work...even though she was discussing it almost the entire time. After researching my FSH and AMH for endless hours that night, week, month...., I noticed that my numbers were not that far off from average. So I decided to start with Clomid/IUI. I completed one IUI with Dr.Elguero's nurse. During my IUI I was nervous...I had no idea what to expect. The nurse did not explain anything or walk me through anything at all. It was extremely cold and felt very insensitive. After my first IUI, I was in extreme pain. I was told I could continue on with my normal routine after the IUI. I planned to go back to work, but couldn't because of the pain...so I was was bedridden for the rest of the day and in tears. I called Dr. Elguero's office the next day and explained to them that I was in so much pain I couldn't walk and was curled up in my bed for almost 24 hours.They said that it was normal and likely ovulation pain. I asked if I could speak with the doctor and the nurse said I would need to set up an appointment in order to speak with her. I decided to call a different clinic in my area with my concern that day before going to the emergency room. I spoke with one of the nurses at the different clinic from Boston-Albany IVF. The nurse was very concerned about my pain and had the doctor call me right away. The doctor called me even without me being a patient. He brought me in for a new patient appointment that very same day and the doctor did the ultrasound himself and found 2 large cysts (one on each ovary.) One was the size of a lemon and the other almost a grapefruit. These are only a few of many reasons why I felt like a number at Albany IVF with Dr. Elguero. It was a very frightening and stressful time for me. I understand Dr. Elguero has to report the facts, but it made me feel like a science experiment and her explanations felt very routine and not unique to me.
I did one cycle of clomid (100 mg) for 5 days, and followed it with IUI. It was unsuccessful. The reason they did clomid was to produce more eggs and increase my chances of getting pregnant by releasing more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Shawna )
I was assigned one nurse, but I worked with several. I barely worked with my nurse. When I went in for my IUI, it ended up being my nurse I was assigned, but I didn't know because I never met her. My nurse and other nurses never responded to E-mails, were very short on the phone, were not flexible with my schedule so I had to take days off every time I needed a monitor/blood work. No one knew me by name. If I left a message, one nurse would call me back and say one thing....and then later in the day another nurse would call in response to my message and say something completely different. After my IUI, I was in extreme pain and called...it was brushed off.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Strengths- Able to get in as a new patient pretty quickly. Convenient location. Early appointments for blood work/monitoring if you schedule far in advance. Weaknesses- Felt like a number. Felt like a guinea pig. Will try to push IVF before they know what is wrong. Nurses send mixed messages. Treatments are explained to new patients....I found all of my information by researching on my own.
Dr. Elguero covered clomid IUI.
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero is soft spoken but definitely does not sugar coat the situation. She wants the patient to be knowledgeable of the process and to feel comfortable with decisions being made. I appreciate her honesty...took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Ask a lot of questions! Feel 100% about your understanding of your situation.
I felt like a human! The doctor took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace has been with me for 2 full cycles now and I don't feel like I could have done it without her. She is absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I feel that a strength is that there are always familiar faces and everyone knows you personally. They are very aware of your journey and what you have been through, even if you have been there more than once. A weakness or downside has been having to use an outside doctor for sperm retrievel. It made things slightly stressful and complicated at times.
Everything was broken down very specifically. Consult roughly $450 IVF cost around $7500 ICSI Sperm retrievel $600 Medications (different for each person ) mine was $5600
Loudonville

I was put on a higher dose of meds after...as my body was not responding to the hormones. Increasing as [Dr. Sonia Elguero] requested resulted in the retrieval of 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 1 embryo and a singleton delivery...chose a single embryo transfer as I was in good health and young...I only had one embryo to transfer. She did however go over the 2 options and did explain the pros and cons of both.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr Elguero was wonderful. She treated me with individualized care based on my needs and made sure I understood everything, each step of the way. She made me feel like I had some control in such an uncontrollable situation.
If you have any questions, ask. She wants to make sure you understand and make choices based on understanding and all of the information provided.
I received individualized care. Dr Elguero sat down with my husband and myself and treated us like we were the only patients she had.
I was placed on Follistim (300 IU-450 IU) and Menopur (75 IU-150 IU) for about 2 weeks (introducing Ganerellix part way through). I was then triggered using HCG. I was put on a higher dose of meds after (higher number listed above) as my body was not responding to the hormones. Increasing as the Dr requested resulted in the retrieval of 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 1 embryo and a singleton delivery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
My nurse Michelle was wonderful. I also had interactions with other nurses (Jen comes to mind as she was great as well). They were so compassionate and very good at explaining everything to me step by step. I also had some difficulty with my insurance company, which Michelle helped me with as well.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think the clinic is great. There is nothing I can complain about. They have great hours for someone like me who had to travel to get there (early morning appointments). They also have a calming atmosphere which helps with a very stressful process.
I had copays for my monitoring month appointments, prescriptions and ultrasounds after pregnancy was established.
Describe Sonia Elguero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The Dr chose a single embryo transfer as I was in good health and young. I think she made the correct choice, besides I only had one embryo to transfer. She did however go over the 2 options and did explain the pros and cons of both.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Although she [Dr. Elguero] was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment.... I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Although she was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment. I was only told to "take more Benadryl." I ended up on predinose at one point for a rash, and I was still RXed Follistim. I eventually had a full-body rash and ended up on Prednisone for a couple months and was referred to a dermatologist by my PCP for further treatment due to the severity of the rash. I didn't question the doctor's knowledge and treatment plan to continue w/a med that was obviously causing my body to react b/c I was willing to go through it if it meant I could conceive. In retrospect - now that I have more information about fertility immunology and the effects of inflammation on fertility - I very obviously should have insisted and advocated for myself that this doctor change my course of treatment as soon as I had a reaction. She wasted a lot of our time and money, and there was a significant emotional expense as well. My other issue with this doctor was this: My mother-in-law generously gave us money to do IVF. The cycle we were going to do it for, I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have insisted I wanted to do it anyway. It seems to me that really what they didn't want was a bad mark on their statistics from a 41 year old woman attempting IVF. There might only have been 2, but what if they had healthy, fully matured eggs? What if even 1 worked? I'd be a parent now and not filling out the enormous form at 42 years old, hoping for some help. I am so disappointed in the care I received.
DON'T GO.
This office assigned a main nurse to patients. I had Jessica Camprone and I absolutely LOVED her. She was always so helpful and available, very empathetic.
11/05/2016-Sat LMP 11/07/2016-Mon 1 Follistim 225 u 33 0.70 4.19 2.31 AFC 3 AFC 1 11/08/2016-Tue 2 Follistim 225 u 11/09/2016-Wed 3 Follistim 225 u 11/10/2016-Thu 4 Follistim 225 u 97 0.70 2.34 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/11/2016-Fri 5 Follistim 225 u 11/12/2016-Sat 6 Follistim 225 u 11/13/2016-Sun 7 Follistim 225 u 11/14/2016-Mon 8 497 0.97 4.71 12.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 19.4 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/16/2016-Wed 10 x 11/19/2016-Sat 13 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/20/2016-Sun 14 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/21/2016-Mon 15 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/22/2016-Tue 16 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/23/2016-Wed 17 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/24/2016-Thu 18 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/25/2016-Fri 19 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/26/2016-Sat 20 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/27/2016-Sun 21 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/28/2016-Mon 22 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/29/2016-Tue 23 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/30/2016-Wed 24 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/01/2016-Thu 25 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/02/2016-Fri 26 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg x x NEGATIVE 12/02/2016-Fri 1 Follistim 375 u 17 4.89 0.87 2.25 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12/03/2016-Sat 2 Follistim 375 u 12/04/2016-Sun 3 Follistim 375 u 12/05/2016-Mon 4 Follistim 375 u 162 1.84 0.57 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/06/2016-Tue 5 Follistim 375 u 12/07/2016-Wed 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/08/2016-Thu 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 462 1.49 0.80 9.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 14.8, 13.5, 10.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/09/2016-Fri 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/10/2016-Sat 9 Ovidrel 250 mcg 12/12/2016-Mon 11 x 12/15/2016-Thu 14 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/16/2016-Fri 15 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/17/2016-Sat 16 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/18/2016-Sun 17 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/19/2016-Mon 18 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/20/2016-Tue 19 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/21/2016-Wed 20 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/22/2016-Thu 21 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/23/2016-Fri 22 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/24/2016-Sat 23 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/25/2016-Sun 24 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/26/2016-Mon 25 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/27/2016-Tue 26 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/28/2016-Wed 27 Endometrin 100mg TID mg NEGATIVE 12/28/2016-Wed 1 Follistim 375 u 54 0.82 2.93 AFC 8 AFC 9 12/29/2016-Thu 2 Follistim 375 u 12/30/2016-Fri 3 Follistim 375 u 12/31/2016-Sat 4 Follistim 375 u 171 2.29 0.67 11.3 < 11mm One < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/01/2017-Sun 5 Follistim 375 u 01/02/2017-Mon 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/03/2017-Tue 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 364 1.57 0.52 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/04/2017-Wed 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/05/2017-Thu 9 514 2.01 0.76 17.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/07/2017-Sat 11 x 01/10/2017-Tue 14 P4 IM 50 mg 01/11/2017-Wed 15 P4 IM 50 mg 01/12/2017-Thu 16 P4 IM 50 mg 01/13/2017-Fri 17 P4 IM 50 mg 01/14/2017-Sat 18 P4 IM 50 mg 01/15/2017-Sun 19 P4 IM 50 mg 01/16/2017-Mon 20 P4 IM 50 mg 01/17/2017-Tue 21 P4 IM 50 mg 01/18/2017-Wed 22 P4 IM 50 mg 01/19/2017-Thu 23 P4 IM 50 mg 01/20/2017-Fri 24 P4 IM 50 mg 01/21/2017-Sat 25 P4 IM 50 mg 01/22/2017-Sun 26 P4 IM 50 mg 01/23/2017-Mon 27 P4 IM 50 mg >41.00 57.60 01/24/2017-Tue 28 P4 IM 50 mg 01/25/2017-Wed 29 P4 IM 50 mg 72.62 01/27/2017-Fri 31 90.65 01/30/2017-Mon 34 71.81 02/02/2017-Thu 37 20.34 02/09/2017-Thu 44 3.96 02/16/2017-Thu 51 3.04 02/23/2017-Thu 58 3.24 03/02/2017-Thu 65 3.02 03/16/2017-Thu 79 MISCARRIAGE 03/30/2017-Thu 1 Gonal-F 600 u 23 0.68 AFC 3 AFC 5 2.14 03/31/2017-Fri 2 Gonal-F 600 u 04/01/2017-Sat 3 Gonal-F 600 u 04/02/2017-Sun 4 Gonal-F 600 u 04/03/2017-Mon 5 Gonal-F 600 u 94 6.80 0.79 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/04/2017-Tue 6 Gonal-F 600 u 04/05/2017-Wed 7 Gonal-F 600 u 242 3.83 0.55 10.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 9.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/06/2017-Thu 8 Gonal-F 600 u 04/07/2017-Fri 9 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 475 4.46 0.61 13.2 < 11mm One 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/08/2017-Sat 10 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/09/2017-Sun 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/10/2017-Mon 12 Pregnyl 10k u 825 2.79 0.69 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 22.55 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/12/2017-Wed 14 x 04/15/2017-Sat 17 P4 IM 50 mg 04/16/2017-Sun 18 P4 IM 50 mg 04/17/2017-Mon 19 P4 IM 50 mg 04/18/2017-Tue 20 P4 IM 50 mg 04/19/2017-Wed 21 P4 IM 50 mg 04/20/2017-Thu 22 P4 IM 50 mg 04/21/2017-Fri 23 P4 IM 50 mg 04/22/2017-Sat 24 P4 IM 50 mg 04/23/2017-Sun 25 P4 IM 50 mg 04/24/2017-Mon 26 P4 IM 50 mg 04/25/2017-Tue 27 P4 IM 50 mg 04/26/2017-Wed 28 P4 IM 50 mg 04/27/2017-Thu 29 P4 IM 50 mg 04/28/2017-Fri 30 P4 IM 50 mg After the miscarriage cycle, I can't recall exactly which other cycles resulted in chemical pregnancies. But there have been zero babies. June 2017 I did have a chemical following plain old sex w/my husband, no medical interventions. 07/29/2017-Sat LMP 08/01/2017-Tue 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 73 0.43 3.55 AFC 3 AFC 5 08/02/2017-Wed 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/03/2017-Thu 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/04/2017-Fri 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 207 2.81 1.45 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12.0, 10.3 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/05/2017-Sat 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/06/2017-Sun 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/07/2017-Mon 7 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 652 4.41 1.53 11.85 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 17.75, 13.75 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/10/2017-Thu 10 x 64.97 08/13/2017-Sun 13 P4 IM 50 mg 08/14/2017-Mon 14 P4 IM 50 mg 08/15/2017-Tue 15 P4 IM 50 mg 08/16/2017-Wed 16 P4 IM 50 mg 08/17/2017-Thu 17 P4 IM 50 mg 08/18/2017-Fri 18 P4 IM 50 mg 08/19/2017-Sat 19 P4 IM 50 mg 08/20/2017-Sun 20 P4 IM 50 mg 08/21/2017-Mon 21 P4 IM 50 mg 08/22/2017-Tue 22 P4 IM 50 mg 08/23/2017-Wed 23 P4 IM 50 mg 08/24/2017-Thu 24 P4 IM 50 mg 08/25/2017-Fri 25 P4 IM 50 mg 21.32 2.37 09/30/2017-Sat LMP 10/02/2017-Mon 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 31 0.40 2.37 AFC 5 AFC 8 10/03/2017-Tue 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/04/2017-Wed 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/05/2017-Thu 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 159 2.42 0.85 10.8 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 9.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10/06/2017-Fri 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/07/2017-Sat 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/08/2017-Sun 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/09/2017-Mon 8 556 2.28 0.54 17.1, 12.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.6, 11.9 < 11mm One 10/11/2017-Wed 10 x 47.25 10/14/2017-Sat 13 P4 IM 50 mg 10/15/2017-Sun 14 P4 IM 50 mg 10/16/2017-Mon 15 P4 IM 50 mg 10/17/2017-Tue 16 P4 IM 50 mg 10/18/2017-Wed 17 P4 IM 50 mg 10/19/2017-Thu 18 P4 IM 50 mg 10/20/2017-Fri 19 P4 IM 50 mg 10/21/2017-Sat 20 P4 IM 50 mg 10/22/2017-Sun 21 P4 IM 50 mg 10/23/2017-Mon 22 P4 IM 50 mg 10/24/2017-Tue 23 P4 IM 50 mg 10/25/2017-Wed 24 P4 IM 50 mg 10/26/2017-Thu 25 P4 IM 50 mg 10/27/2017-Fri 26 11/17/2017-Fri 1 Follistim 600 u 2.49 11/18/2017-Sat 2 Follistim 600 u 11/19/2017-Sun 3 Follistim 600 u 11/20/2017-Mon 4 Follistim 600 u 114 7.19 1.17 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.5, 8.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/21/2017-Tue 5 Follistim 600 u 11/22/2017-Wed 6 Follistim 600 u 11/23/2017-Thu 7 Follistim 600 u 11/24/2017-Fri 8 Follistim 600 u 389 3.31 0.80 9.1, 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/25/2017-Sat 9 Follistim 600 u 11/26/2017-Sun 10 Follistim 600 u 11/27/2017-Mon 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 1021 5.45 1.71 10.4, 10.4, 10.1 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 16.2, 12.5 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 11/28/2017-Tue 12 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 11/29/2017-Wed 13 958 1.07 1.18 14.3, 14.2, 12.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 23.1, 16.5, 9.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/01/2017-Fri 15 x 12.96 12/04/2017-Mon 18 P4 IM 50 mg 12/05/2017-Tue 19 P4 IM 50 mg 12/06/2017-Wed 20 P4 IM 50 mg 12/07/2017-Thu 21 P4 IM 50 mg 12/08/2017-Fri 22 P4 IM 50 mg 12/09/2017-Sat 23 P4 IM 50 mg 12/10/2017-Sun 24 P4 IM 50 mg 12/11/2017-Mon 25 P4 IM 50 mg 12/12/2017-Tue 26 P4 IM 50 mg 12/13/2017-Wed 27 P4 IM 50 mg 12/14/2017-Thu 28 P4 IM 50 mg 12/15/2017-Fri 29 P4 IM 50 mg 12/16/2017-Sat 30 P4 IM 50 mg 12/17/2017-Sun 31 P4 IM 50 mg 12/18/2017-Mon 32 P4 IM 50 mg 7.05 1.86 02/26/2018-Mon 5 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.96 02/27/2018-Tue 6 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 02/28/2018-Wed 7 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/01/2018-Thu 8 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/02/2018-Fri 9 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/03/2018-Sat 10 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/04/2018-Sun 11 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/05/2018-Mon 12 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.21 03/06/2018-Tue 13 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/07/2018-Wed 14 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/08/2018-Thu 15 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/09/2018-Fri 16 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/10/2018-Sat 17 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/11/2018-Sun 18 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/12/2018-Mon 19 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/13/2018-Tue 20 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/14/2018-Wed 21 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/15/2018-Thu 22 CC 100 mg 2.46 03/16/2018-Fri 23 CC 100 mg 03/17/2018-Sat 24 CC 100 mg 03/18/2018-Sun 25 CC 100 mg 03/19/2018-Mon 26 CC 100 mg 03/20/2018-Tue 27 CC 100 mg 03/21/2018-Wed 28 CC 100 mg 03/22/2018-Thu 29 CC 100 mg 03/23/2018-Fri 30 128 7.01 1.08 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 03/27/2018-Tue 34 228 4.83 0.51 14 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 13.1, 11.4, 10.8, 8.0 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/29/2018-Thu 36 240 6.45 0.63 15.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.2, 10.4 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/31/2018-Sat 38 415 9.12 0.77 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.0, 9.9 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 04/02/2018-Mon 40 x 39.58 04/18/2018-Wed 56 This one I remember was a chemical. In all of these cycles, the most mature follicles I ever made was 2. Also, I wish I could cut and paste the graph here from my patient portal so you could see things better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Camprone)
Jessica Camprone could not be a better nurse. I could talk to her candidly and felt so comfortable with her. I am glad I left this clinic, but I still miss her!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are very organized. You really have to advocate for yourself, though. You won't ever just be given the full amount of information you actually need, which seems to be a common trend among fertility clinics based on information I have read about numerous facilities.
I can't remember. We did go through about 10k paying out of pocket for IUI once insurance benefits were used. That money was initially given to us for IVF, but Dr. Elguero basically said it wasn't an option. So we WASTED all that money at that clinic instead of having it to use at a facility that provides better care, or - at the minimum - didn't continue to treat me with meds I had an allergic response to. I wish we never gave them a penny. So much regret!
I didn't get to do any IVF here b/c the doctor talked me out of it.
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable and resourceful, but you have to make the effort to see her if your treatment plan isn't effective within a couple if months...No pregnancies yet. Letrozole 7.5 mg per cycle and Ovidrel injectables along with bloodwork and ultrasounds...after the initial consultation, I never heard from her or saw her unless I made the appointment to discuss the next step in the treatment plan.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The first time I met Dr. Elguero I was greeted with a warm smile. I felt like I was in competent hands. During our consultation, she thoroughly explained the plan of initial treatment and what she believed was the underlying diagnose. She is very smart and is able to answer any questions. However, after the initial consultation, I never heard from her or saw her unless I made the appointment to discuss the next step in the treatment plan.
Every time I walk into the clinic I am greeted by friendly faces. During the many times i have been late due to the travel time, I never felt like a burden. From the receptionist to the nurse to the financial aid expert, everyone returned my calls in a timely manner. When I arrive to appointments I am taken back quickly and they do their job efficiently. The environment they have created feels safe and inviting.
No pregnancies yet. Letrozole 7.5 mg per cycle and Ovidrel injectables along with bloodwork and ultrasounds. No further treatment due to financial costs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
Casey is quick to get back to patients with results of ultrasounds and bloodwork. She is very accommodating to scheduled and is flexible with clinic times. If she is unsure of an answer she will speak to the doctor and specify a time frame she will get back to you.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is divided into 2 sections, the first for clinic appointments to receive monitoring and the other to see the doctor. However the coffee bar and general environment is welcoming and comfortable. When you walk in, you are immediately welcomed by the front desk.
Insurance has covered all costs with timed intercourse monitoring. After that, due to the fact that we are active duty military we are a discount as tricare will not cover any infertility monitoring with IUI or IVF.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The overall strategy [with Dr. Elguero] was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very compassionate and caring. I developed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome after my fresh egg transfer that required me to be hospitalized due to a pocket of fluid around my liver causing me to get very sick at. Dr Elguero called the hospital in the middle of the night to check on me and then came to visit me the next day.
She is excellent. She will treat you AND your infertility. Feel free to ask all the questions you want!
She took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. She showed me visually what normal follicals looked like and then we compared mine. She also explained how the endometriosis had affected my egg quality. She took the time to go over all my diagnostic testing results with me and answered all my questions. She was very patient and I felt like she individualized my treatment plan specifically for me, not just a standard textbook plan of care. She treated me, not just my infertility.
The overall strategy was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Coons, NP. Casey B, RN.)
Took the time to explain every thing thoroughly and answered all my questions. They bolth provide tons of support and encouragement every month. They would always ask how I was feeling
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very organized. Easy to make appointments with. Pleasant on the phone. Promptly returns phone calls if needed. All the staff were super supportive- the receptioneset, the phlebotomist, the medical assistant, the embryologist, everyone! Everyone in the office is rooting for you! They took great care of me
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very efficient office. I never waited more then 5 min past my scheduled time. The phlebotomist and the ultrasound tec were very nice.
My insurance covered the IUI procedures up to 6x. It did not cover the drugs or needed ultrasounds or the harvest, transfer, and freezing of an egg. I felt the price was fair, but frustrated at the lack of insurance coverage and the lack of support from New York state.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
From the very beginning I trusted Dr. Elguero and felt that she really loved what she does. She showed so much compassion and had an incredible bedside manner that made me feel comfortable. I knew my journey wouldn’t be easy but Dr. Elguero reassured me we would get to the bottom of my infertility. Once she suspected endometriosis she scheduled a laparoscopy ASAP. She was very thorough in explaining everything to me in a way that I understood and always took her time with me. I never felt rushed out. It took 4 IUIs for me to get pregnant. Each time an IUI failed Dr. Elguero continued to give me hope and essentially fight for me to get pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant Dr. Elguero popped in on my appointment to congratulate me and hugged me. It was a very kind gesture. I have and still would recommend Dr. Elguero to anyone going through infertility.
Be very patient and trust the process.
Dr. Elguero showed empathy and compassion during each meeting with her. One appointment in particular I cried because of a failed IUI attempt. My husband noticed that Dr. Elguero’s eyes began to tear up. She was not only a Doctor but someone I felt comfortable talking to about this difficult time in my life. She thoroughly explained things to me, sometimes she even drew pictures so that I could understand better. She also gave me hope and encouraged me to stay positive. More importantly, she never gave up on trying to find answers and making sure that I got my beautiful baby!
For my first three IUIs I was on clomid and one injection (to induce ovulation). Once Dr. Elguero realized this was not working she asked if I would be comfortable with injectable meds and explained the difference and risks. I was totally on board and on my fourth try using injectables I was able to get pregnant. Dr. Elguero gave my body time to react and once she realized it wasn’t working she moved on to the next option without jumping to IVF. She literally saved us thousands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kacey)
Kacey was also very knowledgeable and explained things well. She also had great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable. Kacey was very compassionate and it was obvious she loved what she did.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic as a whole was great from the receptionist to Dr. Elguero. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Staff returned phone calls within a decent time frame. I never waited too long for appointments. Also, the woman in billing was extremely helpful and kind.
My insurance covered most of the costs. I just paid copays.
Loudonville

I wish that I had seen her [Dr. Sonia Elguero] more often and I wish that I had direct access to her through a portal...She was excellent and I felt like she was really going to tailor treatment to me. In prior experiences it seemed like doctors were just guessing and throwing everything at me to see what stuck, rather than looking at my case as individual. At one point she heard that I was on the phone with a nurse and she actually took the time in the middle of her day to get on the phone with me without scheduling. She never rushed me.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was excellent and I felt like she was really going to tailor treatment to me. In prior experiences it seemed like doctors were just guessing and throwing everything at me to see what stuck, rather than looking at my case as individual. At one point she heard that I was on the phone with a nurse and she actually took the time in the middle of her day to get on the phone with me without scheduling. She never rushed me. I wish that I had seen her more often and I wish that I had direct access to her through a portal.
Dr Elguero actually took the time to have read through a mountain of information provided PRIOR to my arrival so she was completely prepared to discuss my case. It seemed like she took a real interest in my case and seemed like she really wanted to help us. She was compassionate but also straightforward and didn't sugarcoat anything for me.
Often the phone just rings and rings and you have to leave a message. Often the portal questions go without answer for days. I would have appreciated more updates on embryo status during those nailbiting days after retrieval. This clinic batches retrievals which is annoying - so you have to take BCP to line up your period with everyone else.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinic batches you so you have to take BCP to line up your period with everyone else. Everyone retrieves the same week, etc. The portal is great for getting test results, but phone communication is weak... often rings and rings and hard to get someone on the phone.
I had no insurance, but I think it cost us about $8500 for everything (excluding drugs) - retrieval, transfer, ICSI, anesthesia, etc.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] was always very thoughtful, sensitive, and straight forward with us. She helped us get through very hard times... She was always wonderful at explaining our previous failed cycles, what could have gone wrong, and what she would recommend we do to fix it for the next cycle. She always answered any questions we had. We felt more like family at this office with Doctor Elguero than just a number.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Doctor Elguero was great. She was always wonderful at explaining our previous failed cycles, what could have gone wrong, and what she would recommend we do to fix it for the next cycle. She always answered any questions we had. We felt more like family at this office with Doctor Elguero than just a number.
Ask questions! When in doubt or when you are wondering about ANYTHING during this crazy rollercoaster, ask as many questions as you can! Stay on top of things and always be prepared for anything.
I felt very comfortable with my time at Boston IVF The Albany Center with Doctor Elguero. She was always very thoughtful, sensitive, and straight forward with us. She helped us get through very hard times.
For our first three IUI treatments we were on Clomid. Clomid thinned out my lining and we were unsuccessful with those IUIs (one was a chemical pregnancy). We moved onto Antagonist protocols for our IVF Cycles. Our First IVF cycle, we stimmed with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and triggered with Ovidrel. We had 8 eggs result in that IVF cycle however our eggs were delayed in fertilization (we did not do ICSI the first round) so we had no embryos to transfer this round. Our 2nd IVF cycle we stimmed with the same protocol as the first. This resulted in 9 eggs retrieved. Of those 9 we ended with 2 very fragmented / poor quality embryos by day 3 and did a fresh transfer of the two embryos. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Our 3rd cycle we actually started as a Gonadatropin IUI (stimmed with Follistim only and then Ganirelix) and converted to IVF. We triggered with Ovidrel and we retrieved 14 eggs that time. We transferred 2 embryos on day 5 (two morulas so not full blasts). This resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our 4th cycle of IVF we also did Follistim only plus Ganirelix. We triggered with Lupron and Ovidrel and retrieved 18 eggs. Of those we ended with 1 day 5 4AA embryo blast and 1 other embryo that was a little behind on day 5 but we gave it a shot and transferred both embryos on day 5 fresh. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We also tried one more (our 4th) IUI with Follistim and Ganirelix, triggered with Ovidrel, and this resulted in a negative test as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
I had a two main nurses during our time at Albany IVF. They were both fantastic. They were always there to answer all of my questions, and I always had a lot of those! The nursing staff, ultrasound technicians, and my two nurses were great and so nice to work with. Michelle was there to even just let me cry to her on the phone. She was amazing!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinics strength is their staff. They are always so helpful, they were always there to answer any questions, and always worked with you to get in when you needed to. The ultrasound technicians were great and so knowledgeable. I felt like I always trusted what our nurses and techs told us. I would say the clinics weakness would be that their IVF cycles are in batches and not driven towards the specific patient. You had to do your retrievals for IVF the same time every other patient was doing their retrieval.
We were covered for one round of IVF with our insurance but we hit that lifetime max after our 1st IVF. The cost of IVF was around $13,000 after that and we also had to pay out of pocket for our medication, about $4k.
We wish we tried to do one single embryo (especially our 4AA Blast that we finally got on our 3rd round) rather than add in the other embryos that were always a little behind.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Elguero seems almost nervous or awkward when she talks to you, which made me feel less confident in her knowledge/abilities when I first met her. After more appointments with her, I was less worried about it. It's just her personality. She's pretty upfront with her explanations of things, and has no issue explaining things in simpler terms to ensure you understand....It seemed like she would have experimented more loosely if we weren't so concerned about the cost,
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr Elguero seems almost nervous or awkward when she talks to you, which made me feel less confident in her knowledge/abilities when I first met her. After more appointments with her, I was less worried about it. It's just her personality. She's pretty upfront with her explanations of things, and has no issue explaining things in simpler terms to ensure you understand. One thing that *really* bothered my husband was that as soon as she was reminded we were paying out of pocket instead of with insurance, she adjusted the protocol and plans for possible future protocols. It seemed like she would have experimented more loosely if we weren't so concerned about the cost, which makes us wonder if the successful cycle would have been several cycles later instead.
Make sure you are prepared with all of your questions ahead of time and make sure she takes the time to answer them.
Everyone starts their cycle at the same time each month. I couldn't start my second IVF cycle earlier because I was told "this month's cycle is starting in 2 days and you wouldn't get your meds in time." In the long run, waiting another month wasn't a big deal but it was frustrating that I had to fit into the herd's timeline.
For our IUI cycle, we used meds typically used for IVF to see how my body woild respond. We were under the impression the IUI would not be successful because of my endometriosis and blocked tubes. Menopur and Follistim were used, along with Ganirelix. For the first IVF cycle, we used Menopur, Follistim, and Ganirelix again. We used a higher dose of Follistim and lower dose of Menopur. It was a very unsuccessful cycle. There were 12 follicles, but only 2 eggs were retrieved. Most follicles were such low quality or not fully matured, and they broke apart when she tried to retrieve eggs. Only one egg was good quality, it was transferred on day 3, and ended in a chemical pregnancy. The second IVF cycle, Dr Elguero decided to "flipflop" the meds. We used a higher dose of Menopur and a lower dose of Follistim. The meds were increased at a slower rate so that follicles would have a better opportunity to mature and develop. 10 eggs were retrieved, 8 fertilized. 6 developed into embryos, 1 was transferred and the other 5 are currently frozen. I'm 18 weeks pregnant from that cycle and things seem to be going smoothly.
All the nursing staff at the clinic were incredibly kind and supportive. Blood draws were always quick and relatively painless. The ultrasound techs were all very friendly and thorough in their explanations. Everyone in the office was always friendly. Some of the staff have also gone through fertility treatments themselves, which added an extra layer of comfort when they discussed the process with me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is very organized. Everything is very clean. The waiting room is comfortable. All the staff are kind and thorough in explaining things. They're helpful and supportive. I was actually sad to be released from the office and sent to my new OBGYN.
For IUI, meds and procedure were covered by insurance and we only had to pay our $10 copay. For IVF, nothing was covered by insurance. Meds cost $3000, procedure cost $6500, and freezing embryos that weren't transferred cost $1000
I was not given an option regarding the number of embryos transferred. Dr Elguero said she would only transfer one embryo because I was young and carrying multiples was high risk.
Loudonville

Dr Elguero suggested we do IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She promised she was going to be the one to do it since I have a tricky cervix. However, she sent her nurse practioner to do the first 2 instead - both done incorrectly we found out later (never getting the catheter through the cervix)... I told her that morning before the IUI that it felt like I had already ovulated the day before. Rather than checking to confirm ovulation/ rescheduling for the following month, she said "okay this is perfect timing then".
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr Elguero seemed very genuine in my first consultation with her. I quickly learned though that that wasn't the case. The second time I met with her to go over treatment options, she sounded very scripted and was pushing my husband and I to do IVF - without any explanation as to why we were both healthy and 24 years old and not conceiving on our own. She then strongly recommended that we did IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She PROMISED she was going to do the IUI's herself because I have a tricky cervix which we discovered when she attempted unsuccessfully TWICE to do an HSG - which was a horrible experience. Instead, her nurse practioner did 2 / 3 IUI's, which we found out when the Dr did the 3rd one with ultrasound to confirm the catheter made it through the cervix, that the first 2 IUI's we're done incorrectly. Basically a waste of thousands of dollars.
Find a different Dr. One that will look at you and your situation and truly care about figuring out why you can't conceive naturally.
Dr Elguero, plain and simple, seems to care more about where and how she'll get the most money than she does about the patient and actually taking the time to figure out what is wrong.
Dr Elguero suggested we do IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She promised she was going to be the one to do it since I have a tricky cervix. However, she sent her nurse practioner to do the first 2 instead - both done incorrectly we found out later (never getting the catheter through the cervix). Dr Elguero did the 3rd IUI with ultrasound to confirm that the catheter made it through the cervix, and it felt comepletely different than the first two. However, I told her that morning before the IUI that it felt like I had already ovulated the day before. Rather than checking to confirm ovulation/ rescheduling for the following month, she said "okay this is perfect timing then". Which is obviously wasn't since the sperm needs to be there BEFORE ovulation.. All 3 IUI's ended with negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I was assigned a nurse in the beginning, and then shortly after that I was told I had a new nurse but never met her, only spoke on the phone a few times and she wasn't easily reachable.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I was able to get in for a consultation pretty quickly. They accommodate blood work to be done early in the morning before work. The staff was mostly friendly and the all seemed friendly and kind to each other.
It was roughly $2,000 per IUI cycle.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She [Dr. Elguero] is far by the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek...We tried 2 normal cycles with just taking blood work and watching for ovulation, we also tried a cycle with clomid and an IUI which was also unsuccessful. Then we tried a cycle of injectables with an IUI which yielded us a positive pregnancy...She was honest and kind. Very thorough in her explanations but also very positive at the same time. She never made me feel like our end result was unattainable even after three losses and a struggle to get pregnant with an Amh of .1
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very sweet extremely intelligent and hard working. Makes you feel like your her only patient and the goal is attainable no matter the obstacles. She was very thorough in her explanation in tests and procedures and results. She thoroughly checked every aspect that could have been wrong and when finally coming up with a diagnosis gave my husband and I first step, second step, etc. protocols. She told us what she would do if something didn't work and gave time lines to everything. She also let us help in the decision making process and made us feel like our concerns were important and our opinions on our options were valued.
See her- she is well worth the wait. She is by far the most compassionate, brilliant hard working doctor we met along our trek.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is very thorough and very easily reachable. They were slightly difficult to get in to get seen as early as we wanted but once we got in we felt like we were their number one priority. Everyone is easy to talk to and makes it feel like they know everything about your case and very knowledgeble on treatments and protocols.
Fortunately all of our costs were covered under my medical insurance for three treatments. I know the medicines (injectables) I bought would have been around the cost of $8,000
Loudonville

She [Dr Sonia Elguero] was nice but not extraordinary. She was not as familiar with my history at our visits as I would have liked and she seemed to have a standard educational "spiel" that she gave me when we got to the point of her explaining and recommending moving on to IVF. During my IUI cycles I did not really communicate with her and the nursing staff seemed to run the show, so I feel that I can't evaluate Dr. Elguero very well as she was so uninvolved in my treatment.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I only met with Dr. Elguero a few times (initially met with a different doctor who was temporarily handling the practice). She was nice but not extraordinary. She was not as familiar with my history at our visits as I would have liked and she seemed to have a standard educational "spiel" that she gave me when we got to the point of her explaining and recommending moving on to IVF. During my IUI cycles I did not really communicate with her and the nursing staff seemed to run the show, so I feel that I can't evaluate Dr. Elguero very well as she was so uninvolved in my treatment.
Ask lots of questions and clarify your next steps so you are not left waiting.
I saw the actual doctor very little. I ostensibly had a nurse coordinator but she was often out during my treatment cycles and I was bounced around to other nurses to get answers. By the end of the 7 IUI cycles I pursued I did not feel like treatment had been very tailored for me- after several failures little was done to adjust my protocol. Staff were reluctant to switch me from Femara to Clomid, told me injectables were not a good option since monitoring showed I was responding already. They refused changes such as trying a different trigger timing or two IUI in one cycle, telling me that it was not necessary, while not offering a satisfying explanation for my continued failed cycles (other than "chances are worse with frozen donor sperm" which they did not emphasize up front). I felt like the like the doctor and nurses continued to inflate my chances. I didn't totally feel like a number as on paper treatment was appropriate, but felt the staff could have had better bedside manner and could have helped me avoid more failed treatment by being more realistic about my chance for IUI vs IVF.
Medicated, monitored IUI 7x using frozen donor sperm. 6 Femara cycles, 1 Clomid cycle. Most cycles with HCG trigger and IUI 36h later, unless bloodwork/ultrasound indicated ovulation was occurring already by about CD16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen McLaughlin )
I was assigned a coordinator but she was out of the office during at least part of the cycle for the majority of my cycles so I struggled to get information from other staff. The nursing staff were polite and professional, but I felt coordination could have been improved. Most of the time the nurses I saw did not have any time to familiarize themselves with my record ahead of time, so while they always attempted to answer questions they were often not able to really tailor answers. Bloodwork and ultrasound were done by separate staff members so I sometimes had to wait additional time for one or the other. The practice had an online patient portal but did not really use it. I was generally able to reach nurses by phone within a few hours but occasionally had to bug them for results.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
At the time I was treated the Albany clinic was undergoing some upheaval while transitioning to becoming part of Boston IVF. I felt the coordination of care and tailoring of treatment was poor, but this may have changed. Monitoring visits started at 7am so I was often able to get in without missing any time at work. The financial side of things was frustrating. I did not have any insurance coverage except for diagnostic testing and often received conflicting information from different staff members on how much to pay and whether I needed to pay upfront or wait for a claim to be processed by insurance. They have a clean-looking practice with reasonably up to date equipment such as the ultrasound machines. It looks similar to any other doctor's office.
About $25k total - $6k for donor sperm, and then roughly $5k for testing and $14k for treatment with Albany IVF. Each IUI cycle was about $2000 total for multiple monitoring visits, sperm preparation and IUI. I had insurance coverage only for certain diagnostic testing and had a high-deductible plan so nearly all costs were out of pocket.
Loudonville

I truly felt well taken care of by Dr. Elguero and appreciate everything she has done for me. Right from the start I felt completely at ease with her and trusted her to make our dream come true. Dr. Elguero was very compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me...After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be your own advocate, don’t be afraid to speak up and voice your opinions.
Dr. Elguero was always available to answer my questions. I felt like she treated me like her own daughter, was honest and truly seemed to care about my well being.
We started with 3 IUI procedures that ended in all negative results. My husband and I took some time off then returned and spoke about our options. We decided to do a laparoscopy to determine cause and discovered endotrimosis that was contributing to my infertility. We then decided to do IVF. After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
Michelle and Jessica were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All the staff were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable.
Loudonville

Sonia [Elguero] was lovely. I always felt paid attention to and she answered any question we had. She was great at de-coding the jargon and telling us what was going on. But, we've only seen her twice in nearly 9 months going to this clinic [Boston IVF]. ... We're a same sex couple not (yet?) experiencing infertility, and my wife (who will carry) is 28 with regular cycles. ... We're having issues with the opk but our doctor didn't switch us to use the trigger shot until the 4th cycle... probably because she's so difficult to schedule with.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Sonia was lovely. I always felt paid attention to and she answered any question we had. She was great at de-coding the jargon and telling us what was going on. But, we've only seen her twice in nearly 9 months going to this clinic.
We speculate it may be because we're a same sex couple without infertility (...yet), but the systems of this clinic make us feel like a number. Once you're put on a track (ex: IUI, unmedicated, opk), there's not much personalized care from there. We had issues nailing down the surge with the opk, and the nurse wasn't a ton of help. Even went so far to insist that only morning readings of the opk were precise enough for them to go by. I've done further research... not true! Felt like it was because she needed to rush me off the phone and get our scheduling finished.
We're a same sex couple not (yet?) experiencing infertility, and my wife (who will carry) is 28 with regular cycles. IUI attempts 1 - 3 were unmedicated, opk, no trigger shot to minimize any unnecessary intervention. We're having issues with the opk but our doctor didn't switch us to use the trigger shot until the 4th cycle... probably because she's so difficult to schedule with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
I don't think she's still at the clinic, but Shawna was really difficult to work with. Constantly rushing me off the phone, not really answering my questions. We got switched to Kim recently, and she's been a bit better, but it's clear she doesn't have time for much personalization in her approach to care.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Their front desk staff can be rude and cold sometimes. It feels like we're put on a treatment track and stay there till at least the next cycle. To the point where we got information about sperm drop off and everything the "husband" needed to do. We're a same sex couple, and they know that. We both attend every single appointment. It's happened twice that we showed up and they didn't have our appointment on the books. One of those times, the front desk staff acted as if we were SUCH a burden to them, when they didn't schedule our appointment properly. Overall, if I could start all over, I'd choose a clinic where the doctor - or at least your assigned nurse - is the one performing the ultrasounds, etc. At this clinic, an ultrasound tech does them and then your nurse calls with information later in the day. It's SO frustrating that the techs literally aren't allowed to share with you what they're seeing in your uterus as they do the ultrasound, and then the nurses rush you off the phone later.
Honestly, it's hard to keep up.

15 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Elguero] was always honest, kind, and considerate, she always takes the best evidenced based practice and applied it to my case...She was warm, kind and considerate. While meeting with her everything thing was throughly explained...She's very smart but it's hard to get in contact with her you have to go through your nurse.
15 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was always honest, kind, and considerate, she always takes the best evidenced based practice and applied it to my case. I never had to question or worry about if I was doing the best protocol because I trust her so much.
My first cycle was 250 gonalf 75 menopur and .25 cetrotide. I triggered with 80units of lupron. I was disappointed with our results 15 eggs retrieved 8 mature 6 fertilized 2 made it blastocyst and to pgs testing 1 normal. We wanted to do another round to get a few more gentically good.embryos for a the future before transfer so Dr. Sonia was a little more aggressive.. 300 gonal f 75 menopur .25 cetrotide I triggered with the 80u of lupron and 5000u of hcg. 29 eggs retrieved 22 mature 19 fertilized 9 made it blastocyst and 5 were gentically good and frozen. Transfer is May 3!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle ciotti )
Very efficient and effective great communication. She knows what she is doing and I never questioned that.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The cycles are controlled unlike other clinics so there is a waiting period you can't just get started right away the stim and transfers.
$20 copayment, 8k for gententic testing and $1400 for medications.
Dr. Sonia follows the code of with ethics and doesn't budge. I asked about transferring two embryos and she said no because we know they are gentically good and risk assoicated with mutiples is higher. If to prove to have implantion issues she would consider transfering two

5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Elguero is smart, patient, and thoughtful. I am always impressed with her knowledge of my history and the way that she adjusts protocols based on my specific needs. Dr. Elguero is honest and does not create unrealistic expectations. She always listens to my concerns and ideas. It is clear that she values patient autonomy.... I’ve done several IVF cycles with Dr. Elguero. Each cycle she adjusts the protocol based on the response in previous cycles. Medication dosages are adjusted throughout each cycle depending on the body’s response.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Come to appointments prepared with questions.
Dr. Elguero always answered all my questions. She never made me feel rushed. She was candid and kind but very realistic.
I’ve done several IVF cycles with Dr. Elguero. Each cycle she adjusts the protocol based on the response in previous cycles. Medication dosages are adjusted throughout each cycle depending on the body’s response. Medications used include menopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, and a variety of trigger shots.
Nursing staff is outstanding! They are always available to answer questions and calm nerves.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is clean and welcoming. The biggest strength is Dr. Elguero and staff. I always feel comfortable and safe. Early morning appointment times allow me to get to work on time. The exam rooms are comfortable and clean. The only weakness is the waiting area because the seating is somewhat uncomfortable.
Loudonville

She [Dr. Elguero] was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged ... I always seen nurses [Boston IVF - Albany]. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something ...
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged
If your not happy with the results to sit down and talk about what could be improved
I always seen nurses. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something
Blood work and ultrasound cycle day 3. Call with results to see where your at. Start meds. Come back in on cycle day 12 blood and ultrasound . See how follicles look. If not ready come back tomorrow or next day for blood and ultrasound. Call with results. If ready IUI next day. Lay in bed 10 minutes after IUI. Come back in 16 days for betas blood work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia )
She was good with trying to explain procedures. I think she explained more than doctor
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think one of the weaknesses is the nurse turnover rate. It seemed like every couple weeks there were new nurses and the other ones you got use to were gone . Made me a little uncomfortable . There strength was they seemed to know what they were doing
I spent between $10,000 and $15,000 that included visits and medicine

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Elguero always takes the time to see how you are doing emotionally throughout the entire process and is always available to talk...always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications...We first started with IUI using clomid. We tried this for six rounds. The third round we had a chemical pregnancy. The rest were unsuccessful. We then moved on to IUI with injections. Dr. Elguero suggested we move to IVF; however, knowing that we did not have insurance, she worked with us to try the most effective way possible to get pregnant at the lowest cost.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications. She took the time to check on me emotionally and offer anything she could to assist. She was always available to talk any time you needed.
To ask questions.
Jessica was extremely helpful in every situation. The entire staff is kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Everything about the clinic is wonderful. The early hours are extremely helpful, as I can go in for an appointment and still make it to work on time. The entire staff from billing to the ultrasound techs to the nurses is wonderful.
The costs seem to be on par with other facilities in the area. I do not have infertility coverage through my medical provider so have to pay out of pocket.
Loudonville

The biggest factor was that she [Dr. Elguero] was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready...Quick call back time and quick reply to messages with questions from me, honest with myself and husband
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The biggest factor was that she was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready
Be prepared for honest answers.
She put me on birth control then had me monitored via ultrasounds then we started the menopur then we did estrace pills orally and vaginally along with IM progesterone oil
Her staff were great and when we went in to start our current procedure they remembered everything about us. They even remembered when we tried to do a uterine biopsy and I couldn’t do it bc of the pain
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Although the Clinic was very “Clinic” like it was reassuring we came from a center that was very spa and meditation like but it didn’t work for us. It was nice feeling like they knew what they were doing
This was the first time we didn’t have to self pay, our insurance covered everything so we never even asked just signed the paper work, it was amazing
She recommended two and we agreed
Loudonville

We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She [Dr. Elguero] wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion...She is honest, but also positive. She is also very thorough. She makes herself very available to her patients and looks at the issues from several different angles. She made my husband and I feel hope again.
European, Other
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be patient and trust the process!
The communication is awesome between doctor/patient, staff/patient! Everyone is very compassionate and patient.
We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey Beauregard )
They r amazing! They work hard to make things go smoothly between office visits. Casey is super compassionate and always very informed and helpful. All the other nurses and US techs are very skilled and very kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinic is small and intimate. It’s not fancy just a plain looking efficient place. There’s no zen fountains or spa music, but there is a strong sense of schedule and community. I felt instantly more comfortable knowing that lots of money was not wasted on the decor.
Somewhere between 400-700 each visit. Typically 5-7 visits before iui
Loudonville
She [Elguero] made it all about us. All about what we were going through. All about what I needed to be able to have a baby....She is amazing. Very personable. Very blunt....She started from the beginning and treated me and what was wrong with me with what was wrong with me after battling ovarian cancer...She wanted to remove the blocked Fallopian tube and make sure that it was clear to have a baby. That nothing could hurt our chances.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is amazing. Very personable. Very blunt. The only adjective was us trying to have a baby. She didn’t just want to jump into the IVF treatment if it wouldn’t take. She started from the beginning and treated me and what was wrong with me with what was wrong with me after battling ovarian cancer and wasn’t concerned with making money on jumping right into the IVF treatment. She treated my blockage first didn’t push anything on us. Listened to everything we had to say.
She has the best ententions and gives the the best chances to reach your end goal.
She made it all about us. All about what we were going through. All about what I needed to be able to have a baby.
Amazing. Cared about you like you were family.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Everyone was so personable. Cared about Your every need. Knew you by name when you walked in the front door. They always asked how you were feeling and if you needed anything and how your drive was. And how everything was. Knew everything about you.
Reasonable.
She made sure to cover every base and not miss a single thing.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Elguero] remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach...was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease...You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Sonia was very empathetic and down to earth. She took over my care after I was seeing a different doctor and she really took the time to understand my situation. She has a very warm and inviting personality that put me at ease.
You’ll be in great hands with Dr. Elguero!
She remembered details about my personal life and did a lot of research into my past cycles to understand and implement the best approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
I couldn’t go through this challenging process without the support of Jess and the rest of the staff. They truly hold me up during the process and Jess is always very thorough in her communication.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The staff are world class — just the absolute best! The only thing that I think the clinic could improve on is offering more appointment times later in the morning to accommodate different work schedules.
Covered by insurance
Loudonville
I dont recall seeing her [Sonia Elguero] alot. I felt she was professional but not as compassionate as i thought she would be. The techs were very nice. I do believe she initially did my iui, but unfortunately it failed.... I used clomid for 4 cycles, and an injection for one of those cycles with iui.... The monitoring was around $300. Iui with sperm was about $500
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I dont recall seeing her alot. I felt she was professional but not as compassionate as i thought she would be. The techs were very nice. I do believe she initially did my iui, but unfortunately it failed.
To be prepared to have little information and be treated like a patient.
I felt like i was a patient usi g their services. They were nice.
I used clomid for 4 cycles, and an injection for one of those cycles with iui.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinics weakness is that It feels like a doctors office. Not a comfortable setting. I feel a strength is the nurses who give monitoring. They are very friendly and informative at the office. The usually took linger than expected to call you into your appointment.
They wer very high. The monitoring was around $300. Iui with sperm was about $500

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Ask her [Dr. Elguero] to test every possible scenario and try to figure out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant rather than repeating treatments that are unsuccessful...She was very sweet. Very informative. But never felt like we were actually looking for the problem and taking care of it. We just did treatment after treatment with no results... I don’t feel like she tried to figure out our issue. Just kept doing treatment after treatment with no result. We had 5 rounds of IUI and we just kept going back for more rather than testing to see what’s wrong.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
At the time of my visit Dr Elguero was Personable, sweet, thorough but at the same time I don’t feel like she tried to figure out our issue. Just kept doing treatment after treatment with no result. We had 5 rounds of IUI and we just kept going back for more rather than testing to see what’s wrong.
Ask her to test every possible scenario and try to figure out what’s keeping you from getting pregnant rather than repeating treatments that are unsuccessful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are very nice and sweet, helpful and compassionate. I would like to see the try to focus on diagnosing the Issue before the keep going to treatments that are not successful and end up being very costly and heartbreaking for the patients

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is great and sat down with us to go over our history and was very calm And compassionate. She explained our treatment plan in laments terms and made us feel positive and excited. We are very grateful for her... Very friendly and open about treatment plan and explained things in a way That non medical folks can understand.. I wasn’t ovulating at specific times so she helped us ensure I would ovulate and have timed intercourse.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is great and sat down with us to go over our history and was very calm And compassionate. She explained our treatment plan in laments terms and made us feel positive and excited. We are very grateful for her.
Stay calm And let the professionals help!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All very helpful and great at communicating and answering any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very warm and friendly clinic. Don’t have to wait long for appointments and you are in and out quickly. Everyone is friendly and positive which is helpful. We felt comfortable every visit and hope all feel the same
Don’t remember insurance covers most
Loudonville

My treatment needed to be tweaked following a chemical pregnancy and then non response. Dr. Elguero was thorough and gentle in her discussion regarding our path forward. It was a negotiation rather than a forced plan...Very personalized conversation, where my needs and concerns were addressed...My body has a lack luster response to letrozole, so a booster was needed and we discussed moving on to a highly monitored, low dose injectable cycle if I still did not respond. Dr. Elguero was very concerned about over response to injectables.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be prepared for a thorough history each time.
Very personalized conversation, where my needs and concerns were addressed.
The nurse I dealt with had terrible follow-up on questions, very little compassion, and gave unsolicited advice. I believe she is no longer with the practice.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My nurse was a problem, but she is gone now. The US techs are amazing!
My insurance covered all but copays for visits and ultrasounds. I paid for medications out of pocket.
Loudonville
It was good but she [Dr. Elguero] got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
It was good but she got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
Speak up
I dont know
Very Good
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic was amazing the staff is very sweet. The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. Wait time was short. The staff is wonderful
I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
She [Dr. Elguero] was great and always took time to call me back if I called with questions and made me feel very hopeful...the first doctor I saw that cared to look into why I was losing so many pregnancies. I did not get pregnant again yet but that was by choice and now I know that there is a way to make this possible next time...Many blood tests to find out what was wrong as well as scans.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was very helpful and the first doctor I saw that cared to look into why I was losing so many pregnancies. I did not get pregnant again yet but that was by choice and now I know that there is a way to make this possible next time
Be open minded
She was great and always took time to call me back if I called with questions and made me feel very hopeful
Many blood tests to find out what was wrong as well as scans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember her name maybe Alice )
Always helpful and very understanding
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All strengths had all times and dates available to be seen and always made it work. Good to get on the waiting list for cancellations as they happen often and I was always able to get in sooner. The place is very clean and run very well.
It was moderate
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional...my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options...Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is warm, compassionate and caring. She was very informative, listen to our needs and concerns and was extremely professional.Our nurse Jessica is so helpful. Her response were timely and informative. She has been a life saver through this emotional process. We Love the Albany IVF team!!
This journey isnt easy. Time, patience and being informed is very important. Be prepared for the unexpected challenges that may lie ahead.
my care was tailored to my needs and she was very informative with my options
We are a same sex couple without fertility issues. Qe have conceived 3 children over the last several years under the care Of Dr. Peter Horvath and now Dr. Elguero. One of our pregnancies we recently experienced a mid term loss and a previous misscarraige and the staff at albany ivf were amazing during such difficult times. Our cycles include: Oral medication stimulation, HCG trigger shot with timed donor sperm iui and vaginal progesterone suppositories.
Love Jess. She is compassionate, caring, informative and professional. She planned my cycles out with Dr. Elugero and constantly was communicating with me. She is organized and always responded quickly to all of my questions and emails
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
clean, professional and stayed close to appointment times. The waiting rooms and exam rooms were appropriate being clean, dim lighted, clean equipment etc. I never had concerns about the clinic as everyone was professional
insurance covered most of our treatment costs
Loudonville

She [Dr. Elguero] was very informative and very helpful to me. She went through our history and testing and showed us how things were going to go so we had no questions. Would live to go back. She talked to me and then would talk to my husband, about each of our issues...When they did the test they had me under a xray machine with my feet up. She talked to me the whole time as she was in there. I had countless ultrasounds which they made me feel comfortable they talked to me and before u know it they were done.
Native American, Other
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was very informative and very helpful to me. She went through our history and testing and showed us how things were going to go so we had no questions. Would live to go back. She talked to me and then would talk to my husband, about each of our issues.
She is such amazing doctor and we would love to go back to her
I loved this facility and the staff and doctor
When I went they had me do a few different tests. They had us do blood work. And then they sent me to do a test where they seen if my NY fallopian tubes they injected a blue dye. To see if went through which it did. When they did the test they had me under a xray machine with my feet up. She talked to me the whole time as she was in there. I had countless ultrasounds which they made me feel comfortable they talked to me and before u know it they were done.
Very friendly and caring staff. They answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think they were very well built as a whole. Wish there pricing was different or at least billed different. They building is in a nice location and in quiet building. In there lobby they have a TV with the news on. Which I find pleasant it keeps your mind busy and off the fact of why you are there. The office staff had you come in to a room so that it was private which I liked.
I found they took my insurance. What ever wasnt covered. They sent me a bill for me and my husband. Which was good we could see what we needed to pay.
Loudonville

The doctor [Dr. Sonia Elguero] was very thorough and helpful. They are science based and dont sugar coat things or treat you as a number. The procedures were quick and we knew what to expect when going. They took good care of us while we were there...Loved that they gave advice on how many to implant. But are also cautious to not do multiples
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The doctor was very thorough and helpful. They are science based and dont sugar coat things or treat you as a number. The procedures were quick and we knew what to expect when going. They took good care of us while we were there
To not be nervous and trust them.
We have tried several times with cny fertility in Syracuse before coming to Boston ivf when they opened in upstate hospital in Syracuse and Albany. At cny fertility we knew something was not correct and the doctor just kept telling us it will work eventually and never looked into why fertility treatments weren't working. We tried once with Boston ivf and found out the egg quality was poor. So we used my partners and got pregnant on our last chance for insurance to cover it.
They were all wonderful. They call you when they say they will. They are available at any time that you need them. I was even able to text my nurse when they weren't open. They are all very knowledgeable and helpful
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The Albany center is very clean, organized and friendly. Glad to see they were able to open a clinic in Syracuse as the clinic in upstate hospital was the one downfall. It didnt set the image they have at the Albany center. And scheduling was a complication
Relatively affordable with insurance help
Loudonville

She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between...definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed... she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed.
Don't be afraid to ask the questions you might not want the answers to, she tells you exactly what can/will happen
She takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between
She realized that a certain does of the meds wasn't acting as it should so she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: michele)
this is where we felt more like we were treated as a number rather than a patient with a delicate situation. The nurses from before(Marsha & Grace) the IVF clinic was bought by Boston definitely treat you more like a single patient and not a number when you walk in the facility
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
As much as you want to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, I must say the waiting room chairs are not very comforting. The people greeting are ok nothing spectacular and not horrible. Once you are in the rest of the facility they are warm & welcoming
Paying for the IVF, the medicine & the sperm retrieval
Loudonville
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. [Dr. Elguero] has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on...was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The Dr was very nice and when we asked for more information a couple of times she was able to answer all of our questions. It was a very emotional time for my wife and the Dr was compassionate and understanding to what she was feeling at the time.
Make sure the Dr answers all of your questions and if you are unsure of a procedure or why something is, please ask her to explain it again or differently. It will help.
We had to push a couple of times for them to slow down and thoroughly explain what was going on. The Dr has done this numerous times and we were unsure what was going on.
The Dr and Nurse listed the procedures very well. Any questions we had about the procedure or timing of anything was answered fully.
Casey was an excellent nurse. She helped answer my wife's questions and was present during all check ups and appointments that my wife had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Pricing is everything, and it was hard to get what a procedure is going to cost or getting help with grant information. There were no list of medication prices either. We had to look up medication pricing ourselves.
The costs was a topic that was rarely discussed. We had limited funds and limited healthcare help. It was painful trying to get what costs what from the office.
I have no comments.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is...was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares...
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is.
Listen to her and go for it. Even after a miscarriage, i am ready to get back in there and start my treatment asap.
Dr Elguero was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares
Everyone is very nice there. Michelle answers all of my calls and emails in a timely fashion and really cares
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I like that an ultrasound tech is actually doing the ultrasounds. At my old clinic, nurses did it. I do wish the building itself was a little nicer, my old clinic felt like a spa. Though, that doesnt really matter if you get pregnantz
Well, not overly cheap. And you had to pay first before cycle began.
Loudonville

Sonia Elguero was very welcoming, put everything in black and white, there was no misunderstanding what any of our blood work meant. She every personable, i never walked out of her office wondering anout test or our next step...She very honest with us explained all of our results, what was going to happen next and what to expect
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Make sure you are ready to hear the worst, because chances are the worst your expecting is what you might here
Just starting our first protocal dont have mich information for you
They are wondeeful! Very personable, supportive, encourging
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Easy to call, locate, the staff is amazing, patients come first, i never felt like a number, the doctor knew my name, the nurse, everyone its almost like ive been going for years and i had only been there twice
Office vists, lab work, ultrasounds and it was all very affordable
No comment

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Ask questions, she [Dr. Sonia Elguero] always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions... She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided...I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I started treatment with Dr. Elguero in 2015 I had an spontaneous ectopic pregnancy. Then I had a pregnancy after that on clomid resulting in a healthy baby boy. Now we are undergoing treatment to hopefully be blessed with another little one. Dr. Elguero has been an absolute blessing and rock for our family. She has been there every step of the way and explains everything thoroughly. We are so happy with the care and treatment she has provided.
Ask questions, she always answers any questions you may have and doesn’t make you feel as if they aren’t valid questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very clean and welcoming! Kind and helpful staff along with nurses and doctors. Prompt phone calls back when undergoing treatment. I would recommend them to any one! Always feel like a human and not a number and like my care and concerns matter.