4.4

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

2021, Unsuccessful
My major concern [with Dr. Elguero] was over 2 cycles, she transferred 2 eggs that had not reached blastocyst stage- meaning they were not embryos. She said my womb "gave them the best chance'- knowing likely nothing would happen. She allowed me to get my hopes up and think I was having a transfer until I arrived for my transfer to be told the news...
The biggest weakness [of Boston IVF - The Albany Center], by far, is the lab. I have to come to learn that a good lab can be the make-or-break factor in a clinic and they just don't seem to have the resources...Boston IVF- Albany clinic delivered no results after retrieving 36 eggs after 2 cycles. No embryos. No pregnancy. It is SO worth it to find a place with a lab that has a swat team manning it at all times. I wondered if Boston IVF even had anyone working over the weekend.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero was very thorough in her explanations of what IVF is, what the process is and what my realistic expectations should be. We only spoke during my consultation and transfer, but she seemed empathetic at the time. My major concern was over 2 cycles, she transferred 2 eggs that had not reached blastocyst stage- meaning they were not embryos. She said my womb "gave them the best chance'- knowing likely nothing would happen. She allowed me to get my hopes up and think I was having a transfer until I arrived for my transfer to be told the news. I truly believe they were transferred simply to pad their statistics of implantation in women in their 40s.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Do not go to her, or this facility. I made a decision to find a more reputable place with a great lab and that made all the difference. After my eggs that never reached blastocyst stage with her in 2 cycles, I did just that and found a great place, with a great lab, and left with 3 embryos and a pregnancy. They do not have the technology, care or attention that I feel is truly needed. She will let you think things are better than they are- and then let you believe its you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
My nurse was wonderful and became almost a friend. However, there was no way to communicate with Dr. Elguero and communication with her was very limited, almost non-existent
Describe the protocols Sonia Elguero used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
I was on Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl and Crinone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Allison Mc Daniel)
Allison was wonderful. The only saving grace of my experience. She was responsive and kind and I grew to like her very much as a person. She was empathetic, knowledgeable, and truly seemed to want the best for me. The rest of the staff was nice enough, though Dr. Elguero's personal assistant, Diane, was a bit cold and imposing when trying to reach Dr. Elguero.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The strengths are the nursing staff, ease of appointments, response time and general communication. The biggest weakness, by far, is the lab. I have to come to learn that a good lab can be the make-or-break factor in a clinic and they just don't seem to have the resources. I went to a place with a great lab after this experience and they retrieved 18 eggs, created 4 embryos (3 normal) and a pregnancy in my first cycle. Boston IVF- Albany clinic delivered no results after retrieving 36 eggs after 2 cycles. No embryos. No pregnancy. It is SO worth it to find a place with a lab that has a swat team manning it at all times. I wondered if Boston IVF even had anyone working over the weekend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I dont fully remember
Describe Sonia Elguero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Loudonville

Dr. Sonia [Elguero] seems to be a good doctor, but my 2 cycles with her were complete failure, she is very busy and has no time to talk to patients during the cycle and only nurses are dealing with you during the cycle. You get to see her only on day of procedure or if you are getting a bad news... My 2nd transfer was supposed to be 8 months after first failed transfer, it was frozen grade AAA embro. Unfortunately, I recieved a call on day of my transfer that my embryo just disintegrated on day of thaw, which seems most likely due to faulty freezing techniques or poor thaw techniques as embryologist was just cooking information without even looking at my file. Total dissappointment !!!!
our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process [at Boston IVF] and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage...She [nurse] was assertive and I was afraid to ask her questions without hesitation. Overall she was knowledgable, but probably she was too busy with lot of work at practice...I paid 360 $ for first visit to establish care with clinic, next visit with Dr. Sonia Elguero was almost same. Paid initial testing and then 6000 for cycle with 2000 $ for monitoring and additional 250 $ for testing on first day of monitoring. I had to purchase medicines for approximate 5000 $ . Additional 1000 $for storing frozen embryo. Further for 2nd cycle 2000 for cycle, although I got refunded 617 $ on failure of transfer. Had to but medicines approximate 1000 $ for this cycle as well.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Sonia seems to be knowledgable and polite, but her results in my case were complete disappointmnet and complete failure. She is not available to answer any questions during cycle and only nurses communicated with me, despite my request to talk to her on phone. I saw her only on my 2nd consultation appointment and then on day of egg retrieval and IVf transfer with a bad news that out of 9 embyos , only 2 are surviving and further before the frozen embro transfer that our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage.
Being knowledgable alone is not everything, she should be available for her patients and she needs to make sure that her results are good. She need to keep an eye on her lab tech etc and the results with embryo storage and thaw etc. It seems there are many lacunas in her system, her embryologist was not even aware about type of cryopreservation media and was cooking information that embryo got PGD, which never happened, embryologist was just making up stuff and there was no communication among embryologist and tech freezing the embryo
Dr. Sonia seems to be a good doctor, but my 2 cycles with her were complete failure, she is very busy and has no time to talk to patients during the cycle and only nurses are dealing with you during the cycle. You get to see her only on day of procedure or if you are getting a bad news that out of 9 embyos , only 2 are surviving and further before the frozen embro transfer that our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage.
I was prepared for IVF, I got injectables for ovulation induction, later egg retrieval and progesterone etc after first fresh embryo transfer. My 2nd transfer was supposed to be 8 months after first failed transfer, it was frozen grade AAA embro. Unfortunately, I recieved a call on day of my transfer that my embryo just disintegrated on day of thaw, which seems most likely due to faulty freezing techniques or poor thaw techniques as embryologist was just cooking information without even looking at my file. Total dissappointment !!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was assertive and I was afraid to ask her questions without hesitation. Overall she was knowledgable, but probably she was too busy with lot of work at practice
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Clinic was clean, front desk staff was good Boston IVF practice is more of money making strategy. We bought cash package for monitoring visits during cycle, however, after end of cycle , we recieved additional bills stating that first day of monitoring visit is not included in cycle. They have their own techniques to charge extra bucks. Our 2nd frozen embryo transfer was failed, thaw process was faulty and embryo was destroyed during thaw process, for frozen transfer we paid 2000 $ upfront and despite failed thaw process, we were charged for thaw and we got 617 $ refund. They call prescriptions to pharmacies with unusually large number of medicines and I ended up paying for lot of extra fertility medicines, which are now lying with me. Pharmacy refused to take it back and I can just see over 1000 $ medicines getting wasted , good for nothing.
She needs to make sure that her standards for embryo storage after egg retrieval and thaw procedures after frozen embro are planned for transfer are up to the mark, since our results were completely disappointing and complete failure on both occasions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I will not reccomend Boston IVF Albany to anyone. Dr. Sonia Elgueoro is young , energetic and knowlegable , but she is too busy to give adequate time to patients and things are falling apart with undesirable results. I saw see her on 2nd consultation after I paid 340 $ for a NP initial visit and then on day of my fresh transfer procedure with a bad news that out of my 22 retrieved eggs, we had 9 embryos , only 2 embryo survived. My first fresh IVF transfer cycle failed, doctor was not available to talk on phone or in person. I planned my 2nd frozen embryo to be transferred after 8 months of first failed cycle. I got a call from her on day of trasfer with another bad news that my frozen embro transfer ( AA plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and I left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage. I was driving from 1 hour away and I was told, not to come to clinic, since I was in mid way, I requested to see doctor and embryologist. They were generous to meet us in person, we discussed with Dr. Elguero and her embryologist. To our surprise embryologist had probably not even read our file, she told that PGD was done on embro, which was not done and confirmed by doctor. She was unaware about the media used for cryopreservation and thaw process and was speculating that probably embryo did not take up the initial freezing media well, if that was the case, why we were charged 1000 $ for frozen embro storage fee. If embryo was stored well, why thaw process was complete failure, we were told that embryo just disintegrated on contact with thaw media ( which causes embro to be unfrreeze before transfer). Which seems likely due to faulty storage or faulty technique at thaw process. Later, Dr. Sonia offered that she can talk to us on phone and explain more. But now its all gone, I lost my both embryos, lots of hope and emotions and over 15 K $. All I have tears and memories of my both failed cycles. I was given high dose progesterone as part of frozen embryo transfer, which causes mood changes and emotional lability as well and when I was informed that I cannot get transfer due to damaged embryo, it was a big shock. I was informed that it happened in less than 2 % of cases and it is hard to believe that I am so unlucky to be part of those 2 %. If you notice that there is no bad reviews on boston ivf website, as there is no place to add reviews and probably only successful cases are offered a chance to write review to show everything five start. Which is not appropiate and everyone should be offered a chance to write their own reviews based on their own experience.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Although she [Dr. Elguero] was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment.... I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles.
They [Boston IVF] are very organized. You really have to advocate for yourself, though. You won't ever just be given the full amount of information you actually need... Jessica Camprone could not be a better nurse. I could talk to her candidly and felt so comfortable with her. I am glad I left this clinic, but I still miss her!... I discovered I was having an allergic reaction to Follistim, and they continued to treat me with it. I feel like I was blown off/discounted.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Although she was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment. I was only told to "take more Benadryl." I ended up on predinose at one point for a rash, and I was still RXed Follistim. I eventually had a full-body rash and ended up on Prednisone for a couple months and was referred to a dermatologist by my PCP for further treatment due to the severity of the rash. I didn't question the doctor's knowledge and treatment plan to continue w/a med that was obviously causing my body to react b/c I was willing to go through it if it meant I could conceive. In retrospect - now that I have more information about fertility immunology and the effects of inflammation on fertility - I very obviously should have insisted and advocated for myself that this doctor change my course of treatment as soon as I had a reaction. She wasted a lot of our time and money, and there was a significant emotional expense as well. My other issue with this doctor was this: My mother-in-law generously gave us money to do IVF. The cycle we were going to do it for, I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have insisted I wanted to do it anyway. It seems to me that really what they didn't want was a bad mark on their statistics from a 41 year old woman attempting IVF. There might only have been 2, but what if they had healthy, fully matured eggs? What if even 1 worked? I'd be a parent now and not filling out the enormous form at 42 years old, hoping for some help. I am so disappointed in the care I received.
DON'T GO.
This office assigned a main nurse to patients. I had Jessica Camprone and I absolutely LOVED her. She was always so helpful and available, very empathetic.
11/05/2016-Sat LMP 11/07/2016-Mon 1 Follistim 225 u 33 0.70 4.19 2.31 AFC 3 AFC 1 11/08/2016-Tue 2 Follistim 225 u 11/09/2016-Wed 3 Follistim 225 u 11/10/2016-Thu 4 Follistim 225 u 97 0.70 2.34 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/11/2016-Fri 5 Follistim 225 u 11/12/2016-Sat 6 Follistim 225 u 11/13/2016-Sun 7 Follistim 225 u 11/14/2016-Mon 8 497 0.97 4.71 12.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 19.4 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/16/2016-Wed 10 x 11/19/2016-Sat 13 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/20/2016-Sun 14 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/21/2016-Mon 15 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/22/2016-Tue 16 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/23/2016-Wed 17 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/24/2016-Thu 18 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/25/2016-Fri 19 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/26/2016-Sat 20 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/27/2016-Sun 21 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/28/2016-Mon 22 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/29/2016-Tue 23 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/30/2016-Wed 24 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/01/2016-Thu 25 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/02/2016-Fri 26 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg x x NEGATIVE 12/02/2016-Fri 1 Follistim 375 u 17 4.89 0.87 2.25 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12/03/2016-Sat 2 Follistim 375 u 12/04/2016-Sun 3 Follistim 375 u 12/05/2016-Mon 4 Follistim 375 u 162 1.84 0.57 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/06/2016-Tue 5 Follistim 375 u 12/07/2016-Wed 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/08/2016-Thu 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 462 1.49 0.80 9.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 14.8, 13.5, 10.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/09/2016-Fri 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/10/2016-Sat 9 Ovidrel 250 mcg 12/12/2016-Mon 11 x 12/15/2016-Thu 14 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/16/2016-Fri 15 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/17/2016-Sat 16 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/18/2016-Sun 17 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/19/2016-Mon 18 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/20/2016-Tue 19 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/21/2016-Wed 20 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/22/2016-Thu 21 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/23/2016-Fri 22 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/24/2016-Sat 23 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/25/2016-Sun 24 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/26/2016-Mon 25 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/27/2016-Tue 26 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/28/2016-Wed 27 Endometrin 100mg TID mg NEGATIVE 12/28/2016-Wed 1 Follistim 375 u 54 0.82 2.93 AFC 8 AFC 9 12/29/2016-Thu 2 Follistim 375 u 12/30/2016-Fri 3 Follistim 375 u 12/31/2016-Sat 4 Follistim 375 u 171 2.29 0.67 11.3 < 11mm One < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/01/2017-Sun 5 Follistim 375 u 01/02/2017-Mon 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/03/2017-Tue 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 364 1.57 0.52 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/04/2017-Wed 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/05/2017-Thu 9 514 2.01 0.76 17.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/07/2017-Sat 11 x 01/10/2017-Tue 14 P4 IM 50 mg 01/11/2017-Wed 15 P4 IM 50 mg 01/12/2017-Thu 16 P4 IM 50 mg 01/13/2017-Fri 17 P4 IM 50 mg 01/14/2017-Sat 18 P4 IM 50 mg 01/15/2017-Sun 19 P4 IM 50 mg 01/16/2017-Mon 20 P4 IM 50 mg 01/17/2017-Tue 21 P4 IM 50 mg 01/18/2017-Wed 22 P4 IM 50 mg 01/19/2017-Thu 23 P4 IM 50 mg 01/20/2017-Fri 24 P4 IM 50 mg 01/21/2017-Sat 25 P4 IM 50 mg 01/22/2017-Sun 26 P4 IM 50 mg 01/23/2017-Mon 27 P4 IM 50 mg >41.00 57.60 01/24/2017-Tue 28 P4 IM 50 mg 01/25/2017-Wed 29 P4 IM 50 mg 72.62 01/27/2017-Fri 31 90.65 01/30/2017-Mon 34 71.81 02/02/2017-Thu 37 20.34 02/09/2017-Thu 44 3.96 02/16/2017-Thu 51 3.04 02/23/2017-Thu 58 3.24 03/02/2017-Thu 65 3.02 03/16/2017-Thu 79 MISCARRIAGE 03/30/2017-Thu 1 Gonal-F 600 u 23 0.68 AFC 3 AFC 5 2.14 03/31/2017-Fri 2 Gonal-F 600 u 04/01/2017-Sat 3 Gonal-F 600 u 04/02/2017-Sun 4 Gonal-F 600 u 04/03/2017-Mon 5 Gonal-F 600 u 94 6.80 0.79 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/04/2017-Tue 6 Gonal-F 600 u 04/05/2017-Wed 7 Gonal-F 600 u 242 3.83 0.55 10.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 9.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/06/2017-Thu 8 Gonal-F 600 u 04/07/2017-Fri 9 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 475 4.46 0.61 13.2 < 11mm One 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/08/2017-Sat 10 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/09/2017-Sun 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/10/2017-Mon 12 Pregnyl 10k u 825 2.79 0.69 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 22.55 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/12/2017-Wed 14 x 04/15/2017-Sat 17 P4 IM 50 mg 04/16/2017-Sun 18 P4 IM 50 mg 04/17/2017-Mon 19 P4 IM 50 mg 04/18/2017-Tue 20 P4 IM 50 mg 04/19/2017-Wed 21 P4 IM 50 mg 04/20/2017-Thu 22 P4 IM 50 mg 04/21/2017-Fri 23 P4 IM 50 mg 04/22/2017-Sat 24 P4 IM 50 mg 04/23/2017-Sun 25 P4 IM 50 mg 04/24/2017-Mon 26 P4 IM 50 mg 04/25/2017-Tue 27 P4 IM 50 mg 04/26/2017-Wed 28 P4 IM 50 mg 04/27/2017-Thu 29 P4 IM 50 mg 04/28/2017-Fri 30 P4 IM 50 mg After the miscarriage cycle, I can't recall exactly which other cycles resulted in chemical pregnancies. But there have been zero babies. June 2017 I did have a chemical following plain old sex w/my husband, no medical interventions. 07/29/2017-Sat LMP 08/01/2017-Tue 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 73 0.43 3.55 AFC 3 AFC 5 08/02/2017-Wed 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/03/2017-Thu 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/04/2017-Fri 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 207 2.81 1.45 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12.0, 10.3 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/05/2017-Sat 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/06/2017-Sun 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/07/2017-Mon 7 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 652 4.41 1.53 11.85 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 17.75, 13.75 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/10/2017-Thu 10 x 64.97 08/13/2017-Sun 13 P4 IM 50 mg 08/14/2017-Mon 14 P4 IM 50 mg 08/15/2017-Tue 15 P4 IM 50 mg 08/16/2017-Wed 16 P4 IM 50 mg 08/17/2017-Thu 17 P4 IM 50 mg 08/18/2017-Fri 18 P4 IM 50 mg 08/19/2017-Sat 19 P4 IM 50 mg 08/20/2017-Sun 20 P4 IM 50 mg 08/21/2017-Mon 21 P4 IM 50 mg 08/22/2017-Tue 22 P4 IM 50 mg 08/23/2017-Wed 23 P4 IM 50 mg 08/24/2017-Thu 24 P4 IM 50 mg 08/25/2017-Fri 25 P4 IM 50 mg 21.32 2.37 09/30/2017-Sat LMP 10/02/2017-Mon 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 31 0.40 2.37 AFC 5 AFC 8 10/03/2017-Tue 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/04/2017-Wed 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/05/2017-Thu 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 159 2.42 0.85 10.8 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 9.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10/06/2017-Fri 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/07/2017-Sat 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/08/2017-Sun 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/09/2017-Mon 8 556 2.28 0.54 17.1, 12.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.6, 11.9 < 11mm One 10/11/2017-Wed 10 x 47.25 10/14/2017-Sat 13 P4 IM 50 mg 10/15/2017-Sun 14 P4 IM 50 mg 10/16/2017-Mon 15 P4 IM 50 mg 10/17/2017-Tue 16 P4 IM 50 mg 10/18/2017-Wed 17 P4 IM 50 mg 10/19/2017-Thu 18 P4 IM 50 mg 10/20/2017-Fri 19 P4 IM 50 mg 10/21/2017-Sat 20 P4 IM 50 mg 10/22/2017-Sun 21 P4 IM 50 mg 10/23/2017-Mon 22 P4 IM 50 mg 10/24/2017-Tue 23 P4 IM 50 mg 10/25/2017-Wed 24 P4 IM 50 mg 10/26/2017-Thu 25 P4 IM 50 mg 10/27/2017-Fri 26 11/17/2017-Fri 1 Follistim 600 u 2.49 11/18/2017-Sat 2 Follistim 600 u 11/19/2017-Sun 3 Follistim 600 u 11/20/2017-Mon 4 Follistim 600 u 114 7.19 1.17 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.5, 8.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/21/2017-Tue 5 Follistim 600 u 11/22/2017-Wed 6 Follistim 600 u 11/23/2017-Thu 7 Follistim 600 u 11/24/2017-Fri 8 Follistim 600 u 389 3.31 0.80 9.1, 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/25/2017-Sat 9 Follistim 600 u 11/26/2017-Sun 10 Follistim 600 u 11/27/2017-Mon 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 1021 5.45 1.71 10.4, 10.4, 10.1 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 16.2, 12.5 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 11/28/2017-Tue 12 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 11/29/2017-Wed 13 958 1.07 1.18 14.3, 14.2, 12.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 23.1, 16.5, 9.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/01/2017-Fri 15 x 12.96 12/04/2017-Mon 18 P4 IM 50 mg 12/05/2017-Tue 19 P4 IM 50 mg 12/06/2017-Wed 20 P4 IM 50 mg 12/07/2017-Thu 21 P4 IM 50 mg 12/08/2017-Fri 22 P4 IM 50 mg 12/09/2017-Sat 23 P4 IM 50 mg 12/10/2017-Sun 24 P4 IM 50 mg 12/11/2017-Mon 25 P4 IM 50 mg 12/12/2017-Tue 26 P4 IM 50 mg 12/13/2017-Wed 27 P4 IM 50 mg 12/14/2017-Thu 28 P4 IM 50 mg 12/15/2017-Fri 29 P4 IM 50 mg 12/16/2017-Sat 30 P4 IM 50 mg 12/17/2017-Sun 31 P4 IM 50 mg 12/18/2017-Mon 32 P4 IM 50 mg 7.05 1.86 02/26/2018-Mon 5 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.96 02/27/2018-Tue 6 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 02/28/2018-Wed 7 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/01/2018-Thu 8 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/02/2018-Fri 9 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/03/2018-Sat 10 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/04/2018-Sun 11 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/05/2018-Mon 12 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.21 03/06/2018-Tue 13 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/07/2018-Wed 14 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/08/2018-Thu 15 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/09/2018-Fri 16 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/10/2018-Sat 17 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/11/2018-Sun 18 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/12/2018-Mon 19 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/13/2018-Tue 20 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/14/2018-Wed 21 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/15/2018-Thu 22 CC 100 mg 2.46 03/16/2018-Fri 23 CC 100 mg 03/17/2018-Sat 24 CC 100 mg 03/18/2018-Sun 25 CC 100 mg 03/19/2018-Mon 26 CC 100 mg 03/20/2018-Tue 27 CC 100 mg 03/21/2018-Wed 28 CC 100 mg 03/22/2018-Thu 29 CC 100 mg 03/23/2018-Fri 30 128 7.01 1.08 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 03/27/2018-Tue 34 228 4.83 0.51 14 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 13.1, 11.4, 10.8, 8.0 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/29/2018-Thu 36 240 6.45 0.63 15.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.2, 10.4 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/31/2018-Sat 38 415 9.12 0.77 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.0, 9.9 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 04/02/2018-Mon 40 x 39.58 04/18/2018-Wed 56 This one I remember was a chemical. In all of these cycles, the most mature follicles I ever made was 2. Also, I wish I could cut and paste the graph here from my patient portal so you could see things better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Camprone)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are very organized. You really have to advocate for yourself, though. You won't ever just be given the full amount of information you actually need, which seems to be a common trend among fertility clinics based on information I have read about numerous facilities.
I can't remember. We did go through about 10k paying out of pocket for IUI once insurance benefits were used. That money was initially given to us for IVF, but Dr. Elguero basically said it wasn't an option. So we WASTED all that money at that clinic instead of having it to use at a facility that provides better care, or - at the minimum - didn't continue to treat me with meds I had an allergic response to. I wish we never gave them a penny. So much regret!
I didn't get to do any IVF here b/c the doctor talked me out of it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I discovered I was having an allergic reaction to Follistim, and they continued to treat me with it. I feel like I was blown off/discounted. Please refer to comments under Dr. Elguero. I did have another issue at this clinic unrelated to meds. Following my last cycle with them, their NP Grace Coons called to tell me my results. She told me I had another low HCG. My response was an incredulous "hrmpf" - like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Her response to that was a near-yell, "SO YOU LAUGH?" I was so stunned that she was so incredibly unprofessional and judgmental I didn't even react and hung up. Even if I was laughing, I'll react in any way I want to my SIXTH loss without some uppity medical professional passing judgement on me. I could not even believe it. I contacted the office manager and discussed what happened. Renee something. She was very helpful, but they could not guarantee in the end that Grace would not be involved in my care. So I left, thankfully, and found another center that is far more progressive in its treatments. They told me that the matter was addressed with her. I have my doubts. She is just a nasty person. She also did my HSG testing. I was told the process would take 20 minutes, so my husband and I took the appropriate amount of time off from work for that day. I waited for THREE HOURS. And there were many other women there waiting extensively for the same thing. When I was finally brought into the room, grace mentioned something about the look on my face, which undoubtedly one of frustration. I said, "Well I have been sitting out there for 3 hours waiting so I'm not real thrilled about that." She just stared at me and said nothing in response. She is just awful. A little too big for her britches.
Loudonville

She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history....pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option.
Strengths [at Boston IVF]- Able to get in as a new patient pretty quickly. Convenient location. Early appointments for blood work/monitoring if you schedule far in advance. Weaknesses- Felt like a number. Felt like a guinea pig. Will try to push IVF before they know what is wrong. Nurses send mixed messages. Treatments are explained to new patients....I found all of my information by researching on my own.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elugero was extremely professional and I do think she is knowledgeable, even though I would not recommend her to a friend. However, Dr. Elugero pushed IVF on my husband and I before we even knew what was wrong. She was very cold and her meeting with us felt "scripted" and just the speech she gave every one. As I mentioned previously, I felt like a number in her office. She barely looked up from the computer during our meeting and she threw a lot of LOW statistics at us, scaring my husband and I into thinking we will never have children. (This was before I had any testing done) Dr. Elguero told me my eggs were similar to crumbs on the bottom of a cereal box. I was devastated. After my IUI with the clinic, I decided to leave as my experience just continued to go downhill and got worse when I got into the treatment. I did not have the option of speaking with Dr. Elguero once I started treatment, I was directed to nurses only.
To know that they are an IVF clinic only and Dr. Elguero will likely push this on you no matter what your diagnosis is.
I truly felt like a number with Dr. Elguero and her clinic, Albany IVF. At my initial consultation with Dr. Elguero before doing any tests or bloodwork, I left Albany IVF under the impression that something was already wrong with me and I would need IVF. At my first appointment, Dr. Elguero asked about my history, but she was typing in responses on her computer the entire time and not looking at myself or my husband. From time to time, she looked up at us. She continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history. Dr. Elguero pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option. (Which we don't) I was shocked she was already jumping to the conclusion of us needing IVF. She mentioned that since we had been trying to conceive for almost one year our percent chance of getting pregnant will drop quickly under 10% naturally and even with clomid/IUI. She explained a lot of other statistics during our consultation. I left the office in tears, feeling like I just went through a business transaction. The low percentages stuck in my head for days. I still really trusted Dr. Elguero because one of my close friends went to her and had nothing but great things to say about her experience...so I continued with Dr. Elguero's recommendations for blood work to check my hormone levels and an HSG to check if my tubes were open. I went back to Dr. Elguero for my follow up appointment after I had completed everything about one month later. At my follow up Dr. Elguero diagnosed me signs of a diminished ovarian reserve. Of course this was devastating to me and upsetting. At our consultation, I asked her how severe it was and she explained to me that my eggs were like "crumbs on the bottom of the cereal box." (Her exact words.) Then she said the only way to really know what my egg quality was really like was to do IVF. She said I could start with Clomid/ IUI and climb the ladder gradually since my insurance only covers IUI, but again mentioned how low percent chance it was to get pregnant. Then continued to push IVF as she kept bringing up the statistics of clomid/ IUI---under 5% chance. Then she said I could try FSH injectables, but twins is really common and since I am only 100 pounds i'd likely not carry both to term. I kept hearing these awful percent chances of me getting pregnant and no positive remarks about my journey. She compared the percent chance of me getting pregnant with IUI to IVF several times. (IVF being much higher percentage.) But then, at the end of our consultation she mentioned IVF might not even work...even though she was discussing it almost the entire time. After researching my FSH and AMH for endless hours that night, week, month...., I noticed that my numbers were not that far off from average. So I decided to start with Clomid/IUI. I completed one IUI with Dr.Elguero's nurse. During my IUI I was nervous...I had no idea what to expect. The nurse did not explain anything or walk me through anything at all. It was extremely cold and felt very insensitive. After my first IUI, I was in extreme pain. I was told I could continue on with my normal routine after the IUI. I planned to go back to work, but couldn't because of the pain...so I was was bedridden for the rest of the day and in tears. I called Dr. Elguero's office the next day and explained to them that I was in so much pain I couldn't walk and was curled up in my bed for almost 24 hours.They said that it was normal and likely ovulation pain. I asked if I could speak with the doctor and the nurse said I would need to set up an appointment in order to speak with her. I decided to call a different clinic in my area with my concern that day before going to the emergency room. I spoke with one of the nurses at the different clinic from Boston-Albany IVF. The nurse was very concerned about my pain and had the doctor call me right away. The doctor called me even without me being a patient. He brought me in for a new patient appointment that very same day and the doctor did the ultrasound himself and found 2 large cysts (one on each ovary.) One was the size of a lemon and the other almost a grapefruit. These are only a few of many reasons why I felt like a number at Albany IVF with Dr. Elguero. It was a very frightening and stressful time for me. I understand Dr. Elguero has to report the facts, but it made me feel like a science experiment and her explanations felt very routine and not unique to me.
I did one cycle of clomid (100 mg) for 5 days, and followed it with IUI. It was unsuccessful. The reason they did clomid was to produce more eggs and increase my chances of getting pregnant by releasing more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Shawna )
I was assigned one nurse, but I worked with several. I barely worked with my nurse. When I went in for my IUI, it ended up being my nurse I was assigned, but I didn't know because I never met her. My nurse and other nurses never responded to E-mails, were very short on the phone, were not flexible with my schedule so I had to take days off every time I needed a monitor/blood work. No one knew me by name. If I left a message, one nurse would call me back and say one thing....and then later in the day another nurse would call in response to my message and say something completely different. After my IUI, I was in extreme pain and called...it was brushed off.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Strengths- Able to get in as a new patient pretty quickly. Convenient location. Early appointments for blood work/monitoring if you schedule far in advance. Weaknesses- Felt like a number. Felt like a guinea pig. Will try to push IVF before they know what is wrong. Nurses send mixed messages. Treatments are explained to new patients....I found all of my information by researching on my own.
Dr. Elguero covered clomid IUI.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My biggest concern with this clinic was that I had extreme pain after my IUI. When I called about my pain, it was brushed off and I was told it was normal. When I asked to speak with the doctor, I was told I needed to make an appointment. I ended up calling a different clinic near by that same day and explained my symptoms after my IUI. That same day the doctor called me from the clinic (even though I was not a patient there yet) and told me to come in. He found 2 large cysts on my ovaries..... Albany IVF had no concern about this at all, but a clinic where I wasn't even a patient did.
Loudonville

Dr Elguero suggested we do IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She promised she was going to be the one to do it since I have a tricky cervix. However, she sent her nurse practioner to do the first 2 instead - both done incorrectly we found out later (never getting the catheter through the cervix)... I told her that morning before the IUI that it felt like I had already ovulated the day before. Rather than checking to confirm ovulation/ rescheduling for the following month, she said "okay this is perfect timing then".
It was roughly $2,000 per IUI cycle.... I was assigned a nurse in the beginning, and then shortly after that I was told I had a new nurse but never met her, only spoke on the phone a few times and she wasn't easily reachable....I was able to get in for a consultation pretty quickly. They [Boston IVF- Albany Ctr] accommodate blood work to be done early in the morning before work. The staff was mostly friendly and the all seemed friendly and kind to each other.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr Elguero seemed very genuine in my first consultation with her. I quickly learned though that that wasn't the case. The second time I met with her to go over treatment options, she sounded very scripted and was pushing my husband and I to do IVF - without any explanation as to why we were both healthy and 24 years old and not conceiving on our own. She then strongly recommended that we did IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She PROMISED she was going to do the IUI's herself because I have a tricky cervix which we discovered when she attempted unsuccessfully TWICE to do an HSG - which was a horrible experience. Instead, her nurse practioner did 2 / 3 IUI's, which we found out when the Dr did the 3rd one with ultrasound to confirm the catheter made it through the cervix, that the first 2 IUI's we're done incorrectly. Basically a waste of thousands of dollars.
Find a different Dr. One that will look at you and your situation and truly care about figuring out why you can't conceive naturally.
Dr Elguero, plain and simple, seems to care more about where and how she'll get the most money than she does about the patient and actually taking the time to figure out what is wrong.
Dr Elguero suggested we do IUI with clomid and the trigger shot. She promised she was going to be the one to do it since I have a tricky cervix. However, she sent her nurse practioner to do the first 2 instead - both done incorrectly we found out later (never getting the catheter through the cervix). Dr Elguero did the 3rd IUI with ultrasound to confirm that the catheter made it through the cervix, and it felt comepletely different than the first two. However, I told her that morning before the IUI that it felt like I had already ovulated the day before. Rather than checking to confirm ovulation/ rescheduling for the following month, she said "okay this is perfect timing then". Which is obviously wasn't since the sperm needs to be there BEFORE ovulation.. All 3 IUI's ended with negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I was able to get in for a consultation pretty quickly. They accommodate blood work to be done early in the morning before work. The staff was mostly friendly and the all seemed friendly and kind to each other.
It was roughly $2,000 per IUI cycle.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Sonia Elguero] was nice but not extraordinary. She was not as familiar with my history at our visits as I would have liked and she seemed to have a standard educational "spiel" that she gave me when we got to the point of her explaining and recommending moving on to IVF. During my IUI cycles I did not really communicate with her and the nursing staff seemed to run the show, so I feel that I can't evaluate Dr. Elguero very well as she was so uninvolved in my treatment.
At the time I was treated the Albany clinic was undergoing some upheaval while transitioning to becoming part of Boston IVF...I felt the coordination of care and tailoring of treatment was poor, but this may have changed. Monitoring visits started at 7am so I was often able to get in without missing any time at work. The financial side of things was frustrating. I
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I only met with Dr. Elguero a few times (initially met with a different doctor who was temporarily handling the practice). She was nice but not extraordinary. She was not as familiar with my history at our visits as I would have liked and she seemed to have a standard educational "spiel" that she gave me when we got to the point of her explaining and recommending moving on to IVF. During my IUI cycles I did not really communicate with her and the nursing staff seemed to run the show, so I feel that I can't evaluate Dr. Elguero very well as she was so uninvolved in my treatment.
Ask lots of questions and clarify your next steps so you are not left waiting.
I saw the actual doctor very little. I ostensibly had a nurse coordinator but she was often out during my treatment cycles and I was bounced around to other nurses to get answers. By the end of the 7 IUI cycles I pursued I did not feel like treatment had been very tailored for me- after several failures little was done to adjust my protocol. Staff were reluctant to switch me from Femara to Clomid, told me injectables were not a good option since monitoring showed I was responding already. They refused changes such as trying a different trigger timing or two IUI in one cycle, telling me that it was not necessary, while not offering a satisfying explanation for my continued failed cycles (other than "chances are worse with frozen donor sperm" which they did not emphasize up front). I felt like the like the doctor and nurses continued to inflate my chances. I didn't totally feel like a number as on paper treatment was appropriate, but felt the staff could have had better bedside manner and could have helped me avoid more failed treatment by being more realistic about my chance for IUI vs IVF.
Medicated, monitored IUI 7x using frozen donor sperm. 6 Femara cycles, 1 Clomid cycle. Most cycles with HCG trigger and IUI 36h later, unless bloodwork/ultrasound indicated ovulation was occurring already by about CD16.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jen McLaughlin )
I was assigned a coordinator but she was out of the office during at least part of the cycle for the majority of my cycles so I struggled to get information from other staff. The nursing staff were polite and professional, but I felt coordination could have been improved. Most of the time the nurses I saw did not have any time to familiarize themselves with my record ahead of time, so while they always attempted to answer questions they were often not able to really tailor answers. Bloodwork and ultrasound were done by separate staff members so I sometimes had to wait additional time for one or the other. The practice had an online patient portal but did not really use it. I was generally able to reach nurses by phone within a few hours but occasionally had to bug them for results.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
At the time I was treated the Albany clinic was undergoing some upheaval while transitioning to becoming part of Boston IVF. I felt the coordination of care and tailoring of treatment was poor, but this may have changed. Monitoring visits started at 7am so I was often able to get in without missing any time at work. The financial side of things was frustrating. I did not have any insurance coverage except for diagnostic testing and often received conflicting information from different staff members on how much to pay and whether I needed to pay upfront or wait for a claim to be processed by insurance. They have a clean-looking practice with reasonably up to date equipment such as the ultrasound machines. It looks similar to any other doctor's office.
About $25k total - $6k for donor sperm, and then roughly $5k for testing and $14k for treatment with Albany IVF. Each IUI cycle was about $2000 total for multiple monitoring visits, sperm preparation and IUI. I had insurance coverage only for certain diagnostic testing and had a high-deductible plan so nearly all costs were out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Several times I had to follow up with staff to get them to send paperwork such as sending a form to the sperm bank due to a low quality sample, and sending on my records to another clinic. They always called with results of negative betas but I sometimes had to call for mid-cycle monitoring results (such as when next to come in based on follicular development).
Loudonville

She [Dr. Elguero] was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged ... I always seen nurses [Boston IVF - Albany]. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something ...
I think one of the weaknesses is the nurse turnover rate. It seemed like every couple weeks there were new nurses and the other ones you got use to were gone . Made me a little uncomfortable . There [Boston IVF - Albany] strength was they seemed to know what they were doing ... She [nurse] was good with trying to explain procedures. I think she explained more than doctor
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged
If your not happy with the results to sit down and talk about what could be improved
I always seen nurses. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something
Blood work and ultrasound cycle day 3. Call with results to see where your at. Start meds. Come back in on cycle day 12 blood and ultrasound . See how follicles look. If not ready come back tomorrow or next day for blood and ultrasound. Call with results. If ready IUI next day. Lay in bed 10 minutes after IUI. Come back in 16 days for betas blood work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia )
She was good with trying to explain procedures. I think she explained more than doctor
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think one of the weaknesses is the nurse turnover rate. It seemed like every couple weeks there were new nurses and the other ones you got use to were gone . Made me a little uncomfortable . There strength was they seemed to know what they were doing
I spent between $10,000 and $15,000 that included visits and medicine
Loudonville

It was good but she [Dr. Elguero] got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
The clinic [Boston IVF - The Albany Center - Loudonville] was amazing the staff is very sweet. ... Wait time was short. ... The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. The staff is wonderful ... I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer ... [Nursing staff] Very Good ...
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
It was good but she got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
Speak up
I dont know
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Very Good
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic was amazing the staff is very sweet. The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. Wait time was short. The staff is wonderful
I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer