4.4

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

2021, Unsuccessful
My major concern [with Dr. Elguero] was over 2 cycles, she transferred 2 eggs that had not reached blastocyst stage- meaning they were not embryos. She said my womb "gave them the best chance'- knowing likely nothing would happen. She allowed me to get my hopes up and think I was having a transfer until I arrived for my transfer to be told the news...
The biggest weakness [of Boston IVF - The Albany Center], by far, is the lab. I have to come to learn that a good lab can be the make-or-break factor in a clinic and they just don't seem to have the resources...Boston IVF- Albany clinic delivered no results after retrieving 36 eggs after 2 cycles. No embryos. No pregnancy. It is SO worth it to find a place with a lab that has a swat team manning it at all times. I wondered if Boston IVF even had anyone working over the weekend.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero was very thorough in her explanations of what IVF is, what the process is and what my realistic expectations should be. We only spoke during my consultation and transfer, but she seemed empathetic at the time. My major concern was over 2 cycles, she transferred 2 eggs that had not reached blastocyst stage- meaning they were not embryos. She said my womb "gave them the best chance'- knowing likely nothing would happen. She allowed me to get my hopes up and think I was having a transfer until I arrived for my transfer to be told the news. I truly believe they were transferred simply to pad their statistics of implantation in women in their 40s.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Do not go to her, or this facility. I made a decision to find a more reputable place with a great lab and that made all the difference. After my eggs that never reached blastocyst stage with her in 2 cycles, I did just that and found a great place, with a great lab, and left with 3 embryos and a pregnancy. They do not have the technology, care or attention that I feel is truly needed. She will let you think things are better than they are- and then let you believe its you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
My nurse was wonderful and became almost a friend. However, there was no way to communicate with Dr. Elguero and communication with her was very limited, almost non-existent
Describe the protocols Sonia Elguero used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
I was on Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl and Crinone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Allison Mc Daniel)
Allison was wonderful. The only saving grace of my experience. She was responsive and kind and I grew to like her very much as a person. She was empathetic, knowledgeable, and truly seemed to want the best for me. The rest of the staff was nice enough, though Dr. Elguero's personal assistant, Diane, was a bit cold and imposing when trying to reach Dr. Elguero.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The strengths are the nursing staff, ease of appointments, response time and general communication. The biggest weakness, by far, is the lab. I have to come to learn that a good lab can be the make-or-break factor in a clinic and they just don't seem to have the resources. I went to a place with a great lab after this experience and they retrieved 18 eggs, created 4 embryos (3 normal) and a pregnancy in my first cycle. Boston IVF- Albany clinic delivered no results after retrieving 36 eggs after 2 cycles. No embryos. No pregnancy. It is SO worth it to find a place with a lab that has a swat team manning it at all times. I wondered if Boston IVF even had anyone working over the weekend.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I dont fully remember
Describe Sonia Elguero's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Loudonville

Dr. Sonia [Elguero] seems to be a good doctor, but my 2 cycles with her were complete failure, she is very busy and has no time to talk to patients during the cycle and only nurses are dealing with you during the cycle. You get to see her only on day of procedure or if you are getting a bad news... My 2nd transfer was supposed to be 8 months after first failed transfer, it was frozen grade AAA embro. Unfortunately, I recieved a call on day of my transfer that my embryo just disintegrated on day of thaw, which seems most likely due to faulty freezing techniques or poor thaw techniques as embryologist was just cooking information without even looking at my file. Total dissappointment !!!!
our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process [at Boston IVF] and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage...She [nurse] was assertive and I was afraid to ask her questions without hesitation. Overall she was knowledgable, but probably she was too busy with lot of work at practice...I paid 360 $ for first visit to establish care with clinic, next visit with Dr. Sonia Elguero was almost same. Paid initial testing and then 6000 for cycle with 2000 $ for monitoring and additional 250 $ for testing on first day of monitoring. I had to purchase medicines for approximate 5000 $ . Additional 1000 $for storing frozen embryo. Further for 2nd cycle 2000 for cycle, although I got refunded 617 $ on failure of transfer. Had to but medicines approximate 1000 $ for this cycle as well.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Sonia seems to be knowledgable and polite, but her results in my case were complete disappointmnet and complete failure. She is not available to answer any questions during cycle and only nurses communicated with me, despite my request to talk to her on phone. I saw her only on my 2nd consultation appointment and then on day of egg retrieval and IVf transfer with a bad news that out of 9 embyos , only 2 are surviving and further before the frozen embro transfer that our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage.
Being knowledgable alone is not everything, she should be available for her patients and she needs to make sure that her results are good. She need to keep an eye on her lab tech etc and the results with embryo storage and thaw etc. It seems there are many lacunas in her system, her embryologist was not even aware about type of cryopreservation media and was cooking information that embryo got PGD, which never happened, embryologist was just making up stuff and there was no communication among embryologist and tech freezing the embryo
Dr. Sonia seems to be a good doctor, but my 2 cycles with her were complete failure, she is very busy and has no time to talk to patients during the cycle and only nurses are dealing with you during the cycle. You get to see her only on day of procedure or if you are getting a bad news that out of 9 embyos , only 2 are surviving and further before the frozen embro transfer that our only embryo ( A plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and you are left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage.
I was prepared for IVF, I got injectables for ovulation induction, later egg retrieval and progesterone etc after first fresh embryo transfer. My 2nd transfer was supposed to be 8 months after first failed transfer, it was frozen grade AAA embro. Unfortunately, I recieved a call on day of my transfer that my embryo just disintegrated on day of thaw, which seems most likely due to faulty freezing techniques or poor thaw techniques as embryologist was just cooking information without even looking at my file. Total dissappointment !!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was assertive and I was afraid to ask her questions without hesitation. Overall she was knowledgable, but probably she was too busy with lot of work at practice
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Clinic was clean, front desk staff was good Boston IVF practice is more of money making strategy. We bought cash package for monitoring visits during cycle, however, after end of cycle , we recieved additional bills stating that first day of monitoring visit is not included in cycle. They have their own techniques to charge extra bucks. Our 2nd frozen embryo transfer was failed, thaw process was faulty and embryo was destroyed during thaw process, for frozen transfer we paid 2000 $ upfront and despite failed thaw process, we were charged for thaw and we got 617 $ refund. They call prescriptions to pharmacies with unusually large number of medicines and I ended up paying for lot of extra fertility medicines, which are now lying with me. Pharmacy refused to take it back and I can just see over 1000 $ medicines getting wasted , good for nothing.
She needs to make sure that her standards for embryo storage after egg retrieval and thaw procedures after frozen embro are planned for transfer are up to the mark, since our results were completely disappointing and complete failure on both occasions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I will not reccomend Boston IVF Albany to anyone. Dr. Sonia Elgueoro is young , energetic and knowlegable , but she is too busy to give adequate time to patients and things are falling apart with undesirable results. I saw see her on 2nd consultation after I paid 340 $ for a NP initial visit and then on day of my fresh transfer procedure with a bad news that out of my 22 retrieved eggs, we had 9 embryos , only 2 embryo survived. My first fresh IVF transfer cycle failed, doctor was not available to talk on phone or in person. I planned my 2nd frozen embryo to be transferred after 8 months of first failed cycle. I got a call from her on day of trasfer with another bad news that my frozen embro transfer ( AA plus quality ) was found to be completely damaged during faulty thaw process and I left with nothing, but loss of hope, emotions and over 15,000 $ complete wastage. I was driving from 1 hour away and I was told, not to come to clinic, since I was in mid way, I requested to see doctor and embryologist. They were generous to meet us in person, we discussed with Dr. Elguero and her embryologist. To our surprise embryologist had probably not even read our file, she told that PGD was done on embro, which was not done and confirmed by doctor. She was unaware about the media used for cryopreservation and thaw process and was speculating that probably embryo did not take up the initial freezing media well, if that was the case, why we were charged 1000 $ for frozen embro storage fee. If embryo was stored well, why thaw process was complete failure, we were told that embryo just disintegrated on contact with thaw media ( which causes embro to be unfrreeze before transfer). Which seems likely due to faulty storage or faulty technique at thaw process. Later, Dr. Sonia offered that she can talk to us on phone and explain more. But now its all gone, I lost my both embryos, lots of hope and emotions and over 15 K $. All I have tears and memories of my both failed cycles. I was given high dose progesterone as part of frozen embryo transfer, which causes mood changes and emotional lability as well and when I was informed that I cannot get transfer due to damaged embryo, it was a big shock. I was informed that it happened in less than 2 % of cases and it is hard to believe that I am so unlucky to be part of those 2 %. If you notice that there is no bad reviews on boston ivf website, as there is no place to add reviews and probably only successful cases are offered a chance to write review to show everything five start. Which is not appropiate and everyone should be offered a chance to write their own reviews based on their own experience.
2018 - 2020, Successful
She [Dr. Elguero] always took the time to study my situation and know what she was talking about when meeting. She would talk about my situation in relation to others but always go back to me and my age and my life and make me feel comfortable in the process and she always listened to me. When I would call and speak with my nurse, the doctor always got right back to me with information and always gave me an answer...she was easy to talk with about a not so easy to talk about topic. I felt comfortable discussing my test results and going over our plan for fertility treatments. I felt like she always took the time to give me an answer to be sure she studied all my results from tests/procedures before giving me an answer.
The clinic [Boston IVF - Albany] has great communication and very friendly staff. This makes coming in for appointments more relaxing and enjoyable. I was able to come in for blood work and ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning and not have to miss time at work...Going into the process of fertility treatments was very nerve racking for me. Once I starting communicating with Kim [nurse], I felt more at ease and was able to feel comfortable with the process. She was excellent at returning my calls, answering my questions and letting me know the next step in the process.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
When meeting with Dr. Elguero, she was easy to talk with about a not so easy to talk about topic. I felt comfortable discussing my test results and going over our plan for fertility treatments. I felt like she always took the time to give me an answer to be sure she studied all my results from tests/procedures before giving me an answer.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! She has a wealth of knowledge and is there to make this process less stressful for you and your partner.
She always took the time to study my situation and know what she was talking about when meeting. She would talk about my situation in relation to others but always go back to me and my age and my life and make me feel comfortable in the process and she always listened to me. When I would call and speak with my nurse, the doctor always got right back to me with information and always gave me an answer.
After looking at my test results, and letting me know that I have a left unicorunate uterus and basically can only get pregnant every other month, that put me in the category for high risk once pregnant to deliver early or miscarry. She referred me to a specialist in Albany to discuss this to be sure I understood the risks. Unfortunatly, she recommended IVF in order to become pregnant but my insurance does not cover IVF treatments and we were unable to switch insurance providers at the time. In order to still try and become pregnant she recommended IUI cycles, which were covered by insurance!!! YAY We would meet again after 3 attempts using IUI to reevaluate. After 3 rounds, I was not pregnant, so we added progesterone to the next round, and I got pregnant with IUI # 4! Everything was going great until the end of the summer and I dealt with a the death of my Dad. This was a huge stress on my body and I ended up having a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks- baby was only measuring 9 week 3 days. I ended up meeting with my Dr. Elguero once levels went back to normal to go over the loss and check in to see what I was thinking. We decided to try IUI again and add progesterone in oil once a positive pregnancy and if not pregnant move on to IVF once coverage is available. Unfortunately, after getting all this in order, we are on hold due to the Corona Virus and waiting to see what might be next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
Going into the process of fertility treatments was very nerve racking for me. Once I starting communicating with Kim, I felt more at ease and was able to feel comfortable with the process. She was excellent at returning my calls, answering my questions and letting me know the next step in the process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic has great communication and very friendly staff. This makes coming in for appointments more relaxing and enjoyable. I was able to come in for blood work and ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning and not have to miss time at work.
For my past treatments, I have to pay for medications and co-pays for blood work, ultrasound, appointments with my doctor.
For my situation, she will only do a single egg transfer because I can not carry more than one embryo.

2020, Consult
This doctor [Dr. Elguero] heard me out and explained the ivf process in detail. ... First she suggested i get vaccines done ahead of time before my first in office appointment so that it saves time and doesnt delay an ivf cycle. She also explained to me my options for ivf, iui, and looking at my tubal issues since i have a history of ectopic pregnancies. She let me know each step what to expect next and gave me names of who to contact with questions.
This clinic [Boston IVF] responded to my request for a consult immediately. They gave me a fast appointment and performed it by phone during the covid19 shutdown, as to jot delay treatment. I am comfortable with the process and know what comes next. theyre great at treating you kindly and with fast service. ... Costs have not been discussed yet. But she is putting me in touch with a coordinator.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
This doctor heard me out and explained the ivf process in detail. She created a wish list of things to come and next steps to take. She listened and treated me with compassion. She did not interrupt me. She expressed empathy at my health situation and made me feel understood and supported.
Ask all the questions you can. She is excellent at telling you exactly what the plans are and how she can help.
I felt like a human with feelings because the doctor heard me out. She let me fully explain things during my consult and was never short or interrupting my thoughts. She treated my with compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
I haven't yet met with my nurse
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinic responded to my request for a consult immediately. They gave me a fast appointment and performed it by phone during the covid19 shutdown, as to jot delay treatment. I am comfortable with the process and know what comes next. theyre great at treating you kindly and with fast service.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable in the field of fertility. She has a very scientific approach to treatment, and clearly explains both the diagnosis and her plans for treatment. She is very dedicated to finding out what could be causing the infertility and set up a whole bunch of tests for us. ... She also checked on our mental and emotional well being during each appointment, and took our preferences into account when deciding on treatment options. ...
The staff at this clinic [Boston IVF - The Albany Center] is definitely it's greatest strength. The nurses are all wonderful and the front desk receptionists are always pleasant. The ultrasound technicians are professional and make it as least awkward as possible. Phone calls are usually returned the same day. The office itself is nice, although the waiting room can get very full during lab hours! One weakness is that the ultrasound and blood work appointments can get very backed up on busy mornings. I think this is just a small space/staff issue.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable in the field of fertility. She has a very scientific approach to treatment, and clearly explains both the diagnosis and her plans for treatment. She is very dedicated to finding out what could be causing the infertility and set up a whole bunch of tests for us. She also makes sure to ask about your emotional and mental status throughout treatment. She did not push for any certain treatments, rather very clearly described our options and let us decide what we wanted to do next. Her delivery of information can be rather fast and overwhelming- she is all about the data. She also has a more blunt delivery, but does show concern and understanding with issues. We usually leave appointments with her satisfied with her treatment plan and care. However, she does rely on her staff for most of her communication outside actual appointments with her. We do not get to meet with her very often, and never even heard from her directly after our miscarriage (just from her head nurse). It is difficult to get an appointment with her, and usually there is a waiting period.
Bring something to take notes, as she will provide you with a ton of information during your appointment that may be overwhelming at first.
The office was always quick to answer any questions we had and follow ups with Dr. Elguero to touch base on how we were doing with everything. She also checked on our mental and emotional well being during each appointment, and took our preferences into account when deciding on treatment options.
Dr. Elguero started me in Clomid and Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation. I first took 50mg of Clomid for 5 days, and then had ultrasound and blood work on cycle day 12 to monitor my progress. From there, they told me when to do my Ovidrel shot. I went in for my IUI 36 hours later. That had a negative pregnancy result. From there, she increased my Clomid to 150mg/day for 5 days. I continued with ultrasound and blood work monitoring and the Ovidrel shot. I did this for 5 more iuis. My last one resulted in a pregnancy. I unfortunately miscarried at 6 weeks. I am now currently waiting for my cycle to begin for our new round of treatment, which will involve injectables for 10 days, along with monitoring, and then another IUI. She is willing to try this for 4 cycles before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My assigned nurse has changed 3 times over the course of my treatment. My current nurse is Kim, and she is great. All 3 have been wonderful. They always took time to answer my questions, got back to me quickly with test results, and Kim has shown great compassion throughout treatment and our miscarriage. If my nurse is unavailable, another one is always willing to take my call. The nurses also performed all of my IUIs and were very clear in explaining the process to me.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The staff at this clinic is definitely it's greatest strength. The nurses are all wonderful and the front desk receptionists are always pleasant. The ultrasound technicians are professional and make it as least awkward as possible. Phone calls are usually returned the same day. The office itself is nice, although the waiting room can get very full during lab hours! One weakness is that the ultrasound and blood work appointments can get very backed up on busy mornings. I think this is just a small space/staff issue.
My insurance covered almost everything, including medications. There is a $60 copay for every appointment. If we do IVF, we were told it could cost up to around $12,000 (including monitoring costs) depending on the medications.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I have been a patient at the practice since they transitioned from Albany IVF to Boston IVF and have only seen it become more difficult to get an appointment with the actual doctor. They just seem so busy all of the time, so the Dr. doesn't perform any of the IUIs and it is not unusual to go a few IUI cycles without seeing the doctor at all.... touts the Boston's Domar Center mind/body wellness initiatives but doesn't offer many services in Albany. I did try acupuncture once but found it to be prohibitively expensive as the acupuncturist was cash only.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero is very science-based in her treatment approach. She reviews treatment history at every appointment and details how that influences her treatment plans. I felt like I was able to take the time I needed in appointments to have all of my questions answered and to process the information from the doctor. She was also ready to cite studies and current research backing up her recommendations. I appreciate the way she presents the options and allows patients to feel supported to make decisions on treatment. She has always encouraged me to consider all of the pros and cons of both IVF and IUI cycles including effectiveness, cost, and emotional toll, but I have never felt overly pressured to pursue IVF over IUI. Dr. Elguero also seems mindful of the emotional toll fertility treatments can take and has always encouraged emotional readiness. When dealing with setbacks she was always very compassionate and even made follow up phone calls to me when I was experiencing health problems arising from pregnancy, even when I was no longer under her direct care. I have one con about my experience with Dr. Elguero. I have been a patient at the practice since they transitioned from Albany IVF to Boston IVF and have only seen it become more difficult to get an appointment with the actual doctor. They just seem so busy all of the time, so the Dr. doesn't perform any of the IUIs and it is not unusual to go a few IUI cycles without seeing the doctor at all. She also no longer performs D&C procedures after miscarriages. Even for a current patient, they seem to be scheduling appointments with the doctor 3-4 months out.
Even if you aren't sure if you want to pursue treatment with a specialist, call and set up a consultation so that you can get the ball rolling when you are ready.
I always felt like my treatment plans were very personalized. Dr. Elguero also showed great compassion when dealing with difficult situtations. Having a specific nurse assigned to each patient also helps.
I tried several unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid, one with Ovidrel trigger. After ruling out many possible causes of infertility I then switched to injectable IUI cycles with the goal of increasing egg quality and producing 2-3 good follicles. I used small doses of Follistim (starting at 75 iu), which she increased in some cycles as needed based on ultrasound and hormone monitoring. I also was instructed to use Ganirelix on several days in some cycles based on monitoring. I also used the Ovidrel trigger shot and prometrium for luteal support. Three cycles using this protocol resulted in 2 pregnancies that ended in miscarriage and 1 unsuccesful cycle. After two miscarriages, Dr. Elguero added to the previous protocol small doses of Menopur (50 iu) and an additional Lupron trigger to try and further improve egg quality. This cycle resulted in another pregnancy that also ended in miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Cayce, among others)
Assigning a primary nurse/care coordinator is a good idea, but I have been a patient for several years and it has changed 4 times with turnover among the staff. I don't fault them for this, but I wish they would notify me when that happens to reduce the times I have been playing phone tag trying to reach the right person. I have found all of the nurses assigned to my care to be similar--organized, positive, quick to respond to questions, but not overly personal or involved in treatment, which can feel frustrating when you don't see the doctor every cycle. Cayce has performed most of the IUI procedures I had at Boston IVF and is compassionate and has always performed the procedure with ease and little pain (compared to other IUI experiences elsewhere, I find her to be very good at it).
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Strengths: They have some excellent staff. Diane, Ana, and Renee have been very helpful with scheduling, financial, and insurance issues. One of the ultrasound techs who does both routine follicle checks and all the prenatal ultrasounds, Julia, is amazing. She is professional, gentle, and thorough. I also really like the nurse practitioner, Grace, who sees patients for prenatal appointments (among other things). She makes a good team with Dr. Elguero; I have found her care to be both very science driven and very personal. The clinic itself is clean and fairly updated, though could use better/more seating in the waiting room. Weaknesses: Wait times for appointments can vary greatly depending on what the staffing is like. I have been through cycles where it was not unusual to wait 45 minutes for routine lab appointments and cycles where there was very little waiting. Doctors appointments in the past year pretty consistently seem to have a 30-60 minute wait. Can seem overly tied to Boston IVF's rules. Very strict about paperwork (their "Consent to Thaw Donor Sperm" that must be signed every few months by both partners and witnessed by either their nursing staff or a notary public sometimes feels like the bane of my existence when already trying to juggle the required lab appointments) Also touts the Boston's Domar Center mind/body wellness initiatives but doesn't offer many services in Albany. I did try acupuncture once but found it to be prohibitively expensive as the acupuncturist was cash only.
I was lucky enough to have IUI cycles covered by insurance. They offer base prices of $450 IUI and $4500 IVF, though that doesn't include medication or monitoring.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
We did not want to do IVF, and we were paying full price out of pocket. Dr. Elguero considered these things with our treatments and gave up options with different price points. We did 4 IUIs with Clomid and did not do monitoring (too expensive for us) and did ovulation predictor kits at home instead. We got 1 chemical pregnancy and 3 negatives. We suspected endometriosis, so Dr. Elguero did an exploratory surgery. We did not find endometriosis, but I was satisfied with the surgery and glad I did it to make sure. Then we did a round of injectables with monitoring and IUI with a negative result.
All nursing staff [at Boston IVF- The Albany Center] were great. They are very busy, so I always had to leave a message, but Cayce always got back to me as soon as possible. It's just hard to get all your questions answered this way...One nurse practitioner implied that my uterine polyps could be causing my infertility, then Dr. Elguero said that research shows that this is unlikely. We were saving up for an expensive cycle of injectables with monitoring and IUI and were told an estimated price by the nurse (estimating in meds), and then a much higher price by the financial person. This higher price made us back out and then have to wait another cycle. Turns out the nurse was right about the pricing.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero was wonderful. Very kind, good communicator, great at answering questions, very research-based. I was always happy to get to see her, but it is difficult to get an appointment with her, since she is very busy.
Write down your questions to ask, since your visits with her will be fairly short.
Dr. Elguero has a great bedside manner and shared that she has a personal history of infertility. She asked me not only how I was doing physically, but how I was holding up emotionally. However, the clinic is very busy, and it is difficult to get an appointment with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Cayce)
All nursing staff were great. They are very busy, so I always had to leave a message, but Cayce always got back to me as soon as possible. It's just hard to get all your questions answered this way.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very busy clinic, as most are. All female staff, which made me feel very comfortable. Always make an appointment with Dr. Elguero right after you see her, even if you think you might not need another appointment, since she is so busy. You can always cancel it later. They were great about figuring out what my insurance would pay for (turns out only a few diagnostic tests) and giving a straightforward price sheet for out of pocket cost.
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero was kind, very communicative and caring. She genuinely expressed an interest in us as individuals and as a unique couple. My only criticism is that your interaction with her is very limited unless you fight for more access.... I feel she is very knowledgable about my protocols... but not well versed in the male factor infertility that was affecting us. I found myself bringing research and options to her rather than the other way around, which is frustrating.
Pro's: they [Boston IVF - Albany] are efficient and compassionate. The techs who do bloodwork and ultrasound are very good. They are mostly organized and follow through on procedure, timing, meds, etc. Con's: personally prefer more interaction with doctor and innovative thinking for our difficult case.... IUI was covered by insurance. We received a military discount. IVF with ICSI was about $9k plus PGS $3,500 plus transfer $1,500
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I feel she is very knowledgable about my protocols and how my body was responding to treatment, but not well versed in the male factor infertility that was affecting us. I found myself bringing research and options to her rather than the other way around, which is frustrating.
Do your own research and ask a lot of questions.
Started with IUI, did 3 rounds. Said if didn't work by then, probably wouldn't. Given sperm analysis (motility and morphology #s), suggested IVF/ICSI/PGS testing. Her protocol for my meds worked very well (no real adjustments needed) but DNA fragmentation resulted in only 1 good embryo from a total of 13 fertilizing. Now pursing possibly sperm biopsy for ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Pro's: very nice, accessible, helpful Con's: incorrect, incomplete information relayed and medication mistake
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Pro's: they are efficient and compassionate. The techs who do bloodwork and ultrasound are very good. They are mostly organized and follow through on procedure, timing, meds, etc. Con's: personally prefer more interaction with doctor and innovative thinking for our difficult case.
N/A.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
prescribed incorrect drug. one of prescriptions not ordered received incorrect information about medical status
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero looked at all of our results with great detail and gave us a very personalized plan for our IVF cycle. ... It felt like she was leveling with us and was never talking down to us or "mansplaining" (I've had some really bad experiences with other RE's who talked to me and my husband like we were babies or unintelligent) She was fantastic. She knew our case so well and she made us feel so good about our treament. Absolutely love Dr. Elguero and trust her totally.
BIVFNY is great because its small and personalized. The clinic is not seeing thousands and thousands of people every year, so they are all really focused and knowledgable about your specific care. I feel like everyone knows me and they care. ... Anna the finance coordinator is great too, she's helped so much. ... All the staff at BIVFNY were fantastic, quick to respond and super helpful.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero has a strenght in communciating the specific needs for our treatment. Not only was she very clear in our needs but she illustrated her explenation with data points, images, and models. She didn't shy away from explaining the scientific developments in the area of RE. It felt like she was leveling with us and was never talking down to us or "mansplaining" (I've had some really bad experiences with other RE's who talked to me and my husband like we were babies or unintelligent) She was fantastic. She knew our case so well and she made us feel so good about our treament. Absolutely love Dr. Elguero and trust her totally.
She will answer any and all questions, there are no stupid questions.
Dr. Elguero looked at all of our results with great detail and gave us a very personalized plan for our IVF cycle. She explained our treatment needs in a thorough and individualized way. She knew our case so well and she really took care to consider what protocol would yeild the best result for us.
All the staff at BIVFNY were fantastic, quick to respond and super helpful. Especially, Michelle my nurse, she's awesome! Anna the finance coordinator is great too, she's helped so much.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
For our case, single embryo transfer is the best option.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Elguero is smart, patient, and thoughtful. I am always impressed with her knowledge of my history and the way that she adjusts protocols based on my specific needs. Dr. Elguero is honest and does not create unrealistic expectations. She always listens to my concerns and ideas. It is clear that she values patient autonomy.... I’ve done several IVF cycles with Dr. Elguero. Each cycle she adjusts the protocol based on the response in previous cycles. Medication dosages are adjusted throughout each cycle depending on the body’s response.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is clean and welcoming. The biggest strength is Dr. Elguero and staff. I always feel comfortable and safe. Early morning appointment times allow me to get to work on time. The exam rooms are comfortable and clean. The only weakness is the waiting area because the seating is somewhat uncomfortable.... Nursing staff is outstanding! They are always available to answer questions and calm nerves.... I’ve done several IVF cycles with Dr. Elguero.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Come to appointments prepared with questions.
Dr. Elguero always answered all my questions. She never made me feel rushed. She was candid and kind but very realistic.
I’ve done several IVF cycles with Dr. Elguero. Each cycle she adjusts the protocol based on the response in previous cycles. Medication dosages are adjusted throughout each cycle depending on the body’s response. Medications used include menopur, gonal-f, cetrotide, and a variety of trigger shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic is clean and welcoming. The biggest strength is Dr. Elguero and staff. I always feel comfortable and safe. Early morning appointment times allow me to get to work on time. The exam rooms are comfortable and clean. The only weakness is the waiting area because the seating is somewhat uncomfortable.
Loudonville

It was good but she [Dr. Elguero] got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
The clinic [Boston IVF - The Albany Center - Loudonville] was amazing the staff is very sweet. ... Wait time was short. ... The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. The staff is wonderful ... I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer ... [Nursing staff] Very Good ...
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
It was good but she got my Hope's up to much for nothing. I was told my eggs where perfect and I should end up pregnant I got nothing out of 3 embryos. I was told I had 9 embryos left to freeze and I lost of them. I just dont understand what happen. I was so sure then end up with nothing. She a nice doctor very sweet the whole thing was good just dont understand.
Speak up
I dont know
Very Good
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The clinic was amazing the staff is very sweet. The appointments was easy and worked for me the nurse call you back fast they get in fast for your first appointment. Wait time was short. The staff is wonderful
I was very happy with the 3 embryos tranfer

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Although she [Dr. Elguero] was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment.... I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles.
They [Boston IVF] are very organized. You really have to advocate for yourself, though. You won't ever just be given the full amount of information you actually need... Jessica Camprone could not be a better nurse. I could talk to her candidly and felt so comfortable with her. I am glad I left this clinic, but I still miss her!... I discovered I was having an allergic reaction to Follistim, and they continued to treat me with it. I feel like I was blown off/discounted.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Although she was very informative regarding stats, she was very rigid. Not personable at all. I reported that I was having an allergic reaction to meds (Follistim), and she continued to have me take it for multiple courses of treatment. I was only told to "take more Benadryl." I ended up on predinose at one point for a rash, and I was still RXed Follistim. I eventually had a full-body rash and ended up on Prednisone for a couple months and was referred to a dermatologist by my PCP for further treatment due to the severity of the rash. I didn't question the doctor's knowledge and treatment plan to continue w/a med that was obviously causing my body to react b/c I was willing to go through it if it meant I could conceive. In retrospect - now that I have more information about fertility immunology and the effects of inflammation on fertility - I very obviously should have insisted and advocated for myself that this doctor change my course of treatment as soon as I had a reaction. She wasted a lot of our time and money, and there was a significant emotional expense as well. My other issue with this doctor was this: My mother-in-law generously gave us money to do IVF. The cycle we were going to do it for, I ended up producing only 2 mature follicles (on Follistim). The doctor discouraged me from following through with IVF and told me they didn't want to do a surgical procedure on me with only 2 follicles. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have insisted I wanted to do it anyway. It seems to me that really what they didn't want was a bad mark on their statistics from a 41 year old woman attempting IVF. There might only have been 2, but what if they had healthy, fully matured eggs? What if even 1 worked? I'd be a parent now and not filling out the enormous form at 42 years old, hoping for some help. I am so disappointed in the care I received.
DON'T GO.
This office assigned a main nurse to patients. I had Jessica Camprone and I absolutely LOVED her. She was always so helpful and available, very empathetic.
11/05/2016-Sat LMP 11/07/2016-Mon 1 Follistim 225 u 33 0.70 4.19 2.31 AFC 3 AFC 1 11/08/2016-Tue 2 Follistim 225 u 11/09/2016-Wed 3 Follistim 225 u 11/10/2016-Thu 4 Follistim 225 u 97 0.70 2.34 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/11/2016-Fri 5 Follistim 225 u 11/12/2016-Sat 6 Follistim 225 u 11/13/2016-Sun 7 Follistim 225 u 11/14/2016-Mon 8 497 0.97 4.71 12.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 19.4 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/16/2016-Wed 10 x 11/19/2016-Sat 13 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/20/2016-Sun 14 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/21/2016-Mon 15 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/22/2016-Tue 16 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/23/2016-Wed 17 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/24/2016-Thu 18 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/25/2016-Fri 19 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/26/2016-Sat 20 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/27/2016-Sun 21 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/28/2016-Mon 22 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/29/2016-Tue 23 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 11/30/2016-Wed 24 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/01/2016-Thu 25 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg 12/02/2016-Fri 26 Prometrium 200 PV BID mg x x NEGATIVE 12/02/2016-Fri 1 Follistim 375 u 17 4.89 0.87 2.25 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12/03/2016-Sat 2 Follistim 375 u 12/04/2016-Sun 3 Follistim 375 u 12/05/2016-Mon 4 Follistim 375 u 162 1.84 0.57 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/06/2016-Tue 5 Follistim 375 u 12/07/2016-Wed 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/08/2016-Thu 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 462 1.49 0.80 9.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 14.8, 13.5, 10.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/09/2016-Fri 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 12/10/2016-Sat 9 Ovidrel 250 mcg 12/12/2016-Mon 11 x 12/15/2016-Thu 14 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/16/2016-Fri 15 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/17/2016-Sat 16 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/18/2016-Sun 17 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/19/2016-Mon 18 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/20/2016-Tue 19 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/21/2016-Wed 20 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/22/2016-Thu 21 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/23/2016-Fri 22 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/24/2016-Sat 23 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/25/2016-Sun 24 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/26/2016-Mon 25 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/27/2016-Tue 26 Endometrin 100mg TID mg 12/28/2016-Wed 27 Endometrin 100mg TID mg NEGATIVE 12/28/2016-Wed 1 Follistim 375 u 54 0.82 2.93 AFC 8 AFC 9 12/29/2016-Thu 2 Follistim 375 u 12/30/2016-Fri 3 Follistim 375 u 12/31/2016-Sat 4 Follistim 375 u 171 2.29 0.67 11.3 < 11mm One < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/01/2017-Sun 5 Follistim 375 u 01/02/2017-Mon 6 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/03/2017-Tue 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 364 1.57 0.52 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/04/2017-Wed 8 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 375 u 01/05/2017-Thu 9 514 2.01 0.76 17.5 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 01/07/2017-Sat 11 x 01/10/2017-Tue 14 P4 IM 50 mg 01/11/2017-Wed 15 P4 IM 50 mg 01/12/2017-Thu 16 P4 IM 50 mg 01/13/2017-Fri 17 P4 IM 50 mg 01/14/2017-Sat 18 P4 IM 50 mg 01/15/2017-Sun 19 P4 IM 50 mg 01/16/2017-Mon 20 P4 IM 50 mg 01/17/2017-Tue 21 P4 IM 50 mg 01/18/2017-Wed 22 P4 IM 50 mg 01/19/2017-Thu 23 P4 IM 50 mg 01/20/2017-Fri 24 P4 IM 50 mg 01/21/2017-Sat 25 P4 IM 50 mg 01/22/2017-Sun 26 P4 IM 50 mg 01/23/2017-Mon 27 P4 IM 50 mg >41.00 57.60 01/24/2017-Tue 28 P4 IM 50 mg 01/25/2017-Wed 29 P4 IM 50 mg 72.62 01/27/2017-Fri 31 90.65 01/30/2017-Mon 34 71.81 02/02/2017-Thu 37 20.34 02/09/2017-Thu 44 3.96 02/16/2017-Thu 51 3.04 02/23/2017-Thu 58 3.24 03/02/2017-Thu 65 3.02 03/16/2017-Thu 79 MISCARRIAGE 03/30/2017-Thu 1 Gonal-F 600 u 23 0.68 AFC 3 AFC 5 2.14 03/31/2017-Fri 2 Gonal-F 600 u 04/01/2017-Sat 3 Gonal-F 600 u 04/02/2017-Sun 4 Gonal-F 600 u 04/03/2017-Mon 5 Gonal-F 600 u 94 6.80 0.79 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/04/2017-Tue 6 Gonal-F 600 u 04/05/2017-Wed 7 Gonal-F 600 u 242 3.83 0.55 10.2 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 9.7 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/06/2017-Thu 8 Gonal-F 600 u 04/07/2017-Fri 9 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 475 4.46 0.61 13.2 < 11mm One 14.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/08/2017-Sat 10 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/09/2017-Sun 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Gonal-F 600 u 04/10/2017-Mon 12 Pregnyl 10k u 825 2.79 0.69 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 22.55 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 04/12/2017-Wed 14 x 04/15/2017-Sat 17 P4 IM 50 mg 04/16/2017-Sun 18 P4 IM 50 mg 04/17/2017-Mon 19 P4 IM 50 mg 04/18/2017-Tue 20 P4 IM 50 mg 04/19/2017-Wed 21 P4 IM 50 mg 04/20/2017-Thu 22 P4 IM 50 mg 04/21/2017-Fri 23 P4 IM 50 mg 04/22/2017-Sat 24 P4 IM 50 mg 04/23/2017-Sun 25 P4 IM 50 mg 04/24/2017-Mon 26 P4 IM 50 mg 04/25/2017-Tue 27 P4 IM 50 mg 04/26/2017-Wed 28 P4 IM 50 mg 04/27/2017-Thu 29 P4 IM 50 mg 04/28/2017-Fri 30 P4 IM 50 mg After the miscarriage cycle, I can't recall exactly which other cycles resulted in chemical pregnancies. But there have been zero babies. June 2017 I did have a chemical following plain old sex w/my husband, no medical interventions. 07/29/2017-Sat LMP 08/01/2017-Tue 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 73 0.43 3.55 AFC 3 AFC 5 08/02/2017-Wed 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/03/2017-Thu 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/04/2017-Fri 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 207 2.81 1.45 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 12.0, 10.3 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/05/2017-Sat 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/06/2017-Sun 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 08/07/2017-Mon 7 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 652 4.41 1.53 11.85 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 17.75, 13.75 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 08/10/2017-Thu 10 x 64.97 08/13/2017-Sun 13 P4 IM 50 mg 08/14/2017-Mon 14 P4 IM 50 mg 08/15/2017-Tue 15 P4 IM 50 mg 08/16/2017-Wed 16 P4 IM 50 mg 08/17/2017-Thu 17 P4 IM 50 mg 08/18/2017-Fri 18 P4 IM 50 mg 08/19/2017-Sat 19 P4 IM 50 mg 08/20/2017-Sun 20 P4 IM 50 mg 08/21/2017-Mon 21 P4 IM 50 mg 08/22/2017-Tue 22 P4 IM 50 mg 08/23/2017-Wed 23 P4 IM 50 mg 08/24/2017-Thu 24 P4 IM 50 mg 08/25/2017-Fri 25 P4 IM 50 mg 21.32 2.37 09/30/2017-Sat LMP 10/02/2017-Mon 1 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 31 0.40 2.37 AFC 5 AFC 8 10/03/2017-Tue 2 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/04/2017-Wed 3 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/05/2017-Thu 4 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 159 2.42 0.85 10.8 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 9.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 10/06/2017-Fri 5 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/07/2017-Sat 6 Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/08/2017-Sun 7 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 450 u Menopur 150 u 10/09/2017-Mon 8 556 2.28 0.54 17.1, 12.9 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 15.6, 11.9 < 11mm One 10/11/2017-Wed 10 x 47.25 10/14/2017-Sat 13 P4 IM 50 mg 10/15/2017-Sun 14 P4 IM 50 mg 10/16/2017-Mon 15 P4 IM 50 mg 10/17/2017-Tue 16 P4 IM 50 mg 10/18/2017-Wed 17 P4 IM 50 mg 10/19/2017-Thu 18 P4 IM 50 mg 10/20/2017-Fri 19 P4 IM 50 mg 10/21/2017-Sat 20 P4 IM 50 mg 10/22/2017-Sun 21 P4 IM 50 mg 10/23/2017-Mon 22 P4 IM 50 mg 10/24/2017-Tue 23 P4 IM 50 mg 10/25/2017-Wed 24 P4 IM 50 mg 10/26/2017-Thu 25 P4 IM 50 mg 10/27/2017-Fri 26 11/17/2017-Fri 1 Follistim 600 u 2.49 11/18/2017-Sat 2 Follistim 600 u 11/19/2017-Sun 3 Follistim 600 u 11/20/2017-Mon 4 Follistim 600 u 114 7.19 1.17 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.5, 8.0 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/21/2017-Tue 5 Follistim 600 u 11/22/2017-Wed 6 Follistim 600 u 11/23/2017-Thu 7 Follistim 600 u 11/24/2017-Fri 8 Follistim 600 u 389 3.31 0.80 9.1, 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 8.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11/25/2017-Sat 9 Follistim 600 u 11/26/2017-Sun 10 Follistim 600 u 11/27/2017-Mon 11 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 1021 5.45 1.71 10.4, 10.4, 10.1 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 16.2, 12.5 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 11/28/2017-Tue 12 Cetrotide 0.25 mg Follistim 600 u 11/29/2017-Wed 13 958 1.07 1.18 14.3, 14.2, 12.6 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 23.1, 16.5, 9.3 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 12/01/2017-Fri 15 x 12.96 12/04/2017-Mon 18 P4 IM 50 mg 12/05/2017-Tue 19 P4 IM 50 mg 12/06/2017-Wed 20 P4 IM 50 mg 12/07/2017-Thu 21 P4 IM 50 mg 12/08/2017-Fri 22 P4 IM 50 mg 12/09/2017-Sat 23 P4 IM 50 mg 12/10/2017-Sun 24 P4 IM 50 mg 12/11/2017-Mon 25 P4 IM 50 mg 12/12/2017-Tue 26 P4 IM 50 mg 12/13/2017-Wed 27 P4 IM 50 mg 12/14/2017-Thu 28 P4 IM 50 mg 12/15/2017-Fri 29 P4 IM 50 mg 12/16/2017-Sat 30 P4 IM 50 mg 12/17/2017-Sun 31 P4 IM 50 mg 12/18/2017-Mon 32 P4 IM 50 mg 7.05 1.86 02/26/2018-Mon 5 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.96 02/27/2018-Tue 6 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 02/28/2018-Wed 7 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/01/2018-Thu 8 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/02/2018-Fri 9 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/03/2018-Sat 10 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/04/2018-Sun 11 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/05/2018-Mon 12 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 3.21 03/06/2018-Tue 13 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/07/2018-Wed 14 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/08/2018-Thu 15 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/09/2018-Fri 16 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/10/2018-Sat 17 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/11/2018-Sun 18 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/12/2018-Mon 19 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/13/2018-Tue 20 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/14/2018-Wed 21 Desogen 28 Day Tablet 1 Tablet 03/15/2018-Thu 22 CC 100 mg 2.46 03/16/2018-Fri 23 CC 100 mg 03/17/2018-Sat 24 CC 100 mg 03/18/2018-Sun 25 CC 100 mg 03/19/2018-Mon 26 CC 100 mg 03/20/2018-Tue 27 CC 100 mg 03/21/2018-Wed 28 CC 100 mg 03/22/2018-Thu 29 CC 100 mg 03/23/2018-Fri 30 128 7.01 1.08 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 03/27/2018-Tue 34 228 4.83 0.51 14 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 13.1, 11.4, 10.8, 8.0 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/29/2018-Thu 36 240 6.45 0.63 15.1 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.2, 10.4 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 03/31/2018-Sat 38 415 9.12 0.77 19.8 < 11mm Few(2 to 4) 11.0, 9.9 < 11mm Multiple(5 to 10) 04/02/2018-Mon 40 x 39.58 04/18/2018-Wed 56 This one I remember was a chemical. In all of these cycles, the most mature follicles I ever made was 2. Also, I wish I could cut and paste the graph here from my patient portal so you could see things better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Camprone)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are very organized. You really have to advocate for yourself, though. You won't ever just be given the full amount of information you actually need, which seems to be a common trend among fertility clinics based on information I have read about numerous facilities.
I can't remember. We did go through about 10k paying out of pocket for IUI once insurance benefits were used. That money was initially given to us for IVF, but Dr. Elguero basically said it wasn't an option. So we WASTED all that money at that clinic instead of having it to use at a facility that provides better care, or - at the minimum - didn't continue to treat me with meds I had an allergic response to. I wish we never gave them a penny. So much regret!
I didn't get to do any IVF here b/c the doctor talked me out of it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I discovered I was having an allergic reaction to Follistim, and they continued to treat me with it. I feel like I was blown off/discounted. Please refer to comments under Dr. Elguero. I did have another issue at this clinic unrelated to meds. Following my last cycle with them, their NP Grace Coons called to tell me my results. She told me I had another low HCG. My response was an incredulous "hrmpf" - like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Her response to that was a near-yell, "SO YOU LAUGH?" I was so stunned that she was so incredibly unprofessional and judgmental I didn't even react and hung up. Even if I was laughing, I'll react in any way I want to my SIXTH loss without some uppity medical professional passing judgement on me. I could not even believe it. I contacted the office manager and discussed what happened. Renee something. She was very helpful, but they could not guarantee in the end that Grace would not be involved in my care. So I left, thankfully, and found another center that is far more progressive in its treatments. They told me that the matter was addressed with her. I have my doubts. She is just a nasty person. She also did my HSG testing. I was told the process would take 20 minutes, so my husband and I took the appropriate amount of time off from work for that day. I waited for THREE HOURS. And there were many other women there waiting extensively for the same thing. When I was finally brought into the room, grace mentioned something about the look on my face, which undoubtedly one of frustration. I said, "Well I have been sitting out there for 3 hours waiting so I'm not real thrilled about that." She just stared at me and said nothing in response. She is just awful. A little too big for her britches.
Loudonville

I was put on a higher dose of meds after...as my body was not responding to the hormones. Increasing as [Dr. Sonia Elguero] requested resulted in the retrieval of 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 1 embryo and a singleton delivery...chose a single embryo transfer as I was in good health and young...I only had one embryo to transfer. She did however go over the 2 options and did explain the pros and cons of both.
I think the clinic [Boston IVF- Albany Center] is great. There is nothing I can complain about. They have great hours for someone like me who had to travel to get there (early morning appointments). They also have a calming atmosphere which helps with a very stressful process...I received individualized care. Dr Elguero sat down with my husband and myself and treated us like we were the only patients she had.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr Elguero was wonderful. She treated me with individualized care based on my needs and made sure I understood everything, each step of the way. She made me feel like I had some control in such an uncontrollable situation.
If you have any questions, ask. She wants to make sure you understand and make choices based on understanding and all of the information provided.
I was placed on Follistim (300 IU-450 IU) and Menopur (75 IU-150 IU) for about 2 weeks (introducing Ganerellix part way through). I was then triggered using HCG. I was put on a higher dose of meds after (higher number listed above) as my body was not responding to the hormones. Increasing as the Dr requested resulted in the retrieval of 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 1 embryo and a singleton delivery.
My nurse Michelle was wonderful. I also had interactions with other nurses (Jen comes to mind as she was great as well). They were so compassionate and very good at explaining everything to me step by step. I also had some difficulty with my insurance company, which Michelle helped me with as well.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think the clinic is great. There is nothing I can complain about. They have great hours for someone like me who had to travel to get there (early morning appointments). They also have a calming atmosphere which helps with a very stressful process.
I had copays for my monitoring month appointments, prescriptions and ultrasounds after pregnancy was established.
The Dr chose a single embryo transfer as I was in good health and young. I think she made the correct choice, besides I only had one embryo to transfer. She did however go over the 2 options and did explain the pros and cons of both.
Loudonville

She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history....pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option.
Strengths [at Boston IVF]- Able to get in as a new patient pretty quickly. Convenient location. Early appointments for blood work/monitoring if you schedule far in advance. Weaknesses- Felt like a number. Felt like a guinea pig. Will try to push IVF before they know what is wrong. Nurses send mixed messages. Treatments are explained to new patients....I found all of my information by researching on my own.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elugero was extremely professional and I do think she is knowledgeable, even though I would not recommend her to a friend. However, Dr. Elugero pushed IVF on my husband and I before we even knew what was wrong. She was very cold and her meeting with us felt "scripted" and just the speech she gave every one. As I mentioned previously, I felt like a number in her office. She barely looked up from the computer during our meeting and she threw a lot of LOW statistics at us, scaring my husband and I into thinking we will never have children. (This was before I had any testing done) Dr. Elguero told me my eggs were similar to crumbs on the bottom of a cereal box. I was devastated. After my IUI with the clinic, I decided to leave as my experience just continued to go downhill and got worse when I got into the treatment. I did not have the option of speaking with Dr. Elguero once I started treatment, I was directed to nurses only.
To know that they are an IVF clinic only and Dr. Elguero will likely push this on you no matter what your diagnosis is.
I truly felt like a number with Dr. Elguero and her clinic, Albany IVF. At my initial consultation with Dr. Elguero before doing any tests or bloodwork, I left Albany IVF under the impression that something was already wrong with me and I would need IVF. At my first appointment, Dr. Elguero asked about my history, but she was typing in responses on her computer the entire time and not looking at myself or my husband. From time to time, she looked up at us. She continued to bring up IVF several times in our very first consultation without any basic tests or procedures completed. The only thing we knew was that it had been almost one year and I wasn't pregnant yet. I had a normal period, normal cycle, normal health history. Dr. Elguero pointed out to us within the first 5 minutes that we don't have coverage for IVF with our insurance plan and we should look into costs and/or if we had another health insurance option. (Which we don't) I was shocked she was already jumping to the conclusion of us needing IVF. She mentioned that since we had been trying to conceive for almost one year our percent chance of getting pregnant will drop quickly under 10% naturally and even with clomid/IUI. She explained a lot of other statistics during our consultation. I left the office in tears, feeling like I just went through a business transaction. The low percentages stuck in my head for days. I still really trusted Dr. Elguero because one of my close friends went to her and had nothing but great things to say about her experience...so I continued with Dr. Elguero's recommendations for blood work to check my hormone levels and an HSG to check if my tubes were open. I went back to Dr. Elguero for my follow up appointment after I had completed everything about one month later. At my follow up Dr. Elguero diagnosed me signs of a diminished ovarian reserve. Of course this was devastating to me and upsetting. At our consultation, I asked her how severe it was and she explained to me that my eggs were like "crumbs on the bottom of the cereal box." (Her exact words.) Then she said the only way to really know what my egg quality was really like was to do IVF. She said I could start with Clomid/ IUI and climb the ladder gradually since my insurance only covers IUI, but again mentioned how low percent chance it was to get pregnant. Then continued to push IVF as she kept bringing up the statistics of clomid/ IUI---under 5% chance. Then she said I could try FSH injectables, but twins is really common and since I am only 100 pounds i'd likely not carry both to term. I kept hearing these awful percent chances of me getting pregnant and no positive remarks about my journey. She compared the percent chance of me getting pregnant with IUI to IVF several times. (IVF being much higher percentage.) But then, at the end of our consultation she mentioned IVF might not even work...even though she was discussing it almost the entire time. After researching my FSH and AMH for endless hours that night, week, month...., I noticed that my numbers were not that far off from average. So I decided to start with Clomid/IUI. I completed one IUI with Dr.Elguero's nurse. During my IUI I was nervous...I had no idea what to expect. The nurse did not explain anything or walk me through anything at all. It was extremely cold and felt very insensitive. After my first IUI, I was in extreme pain. I was told I could continue on with my normal routine after the IUI. I planned to go back to work, but couldn't because of the pain...so I was was bedridden for the rest of the day and in tears. I called Dr. Elguero's office the next day and explained to them that I was in so much pain I couldn't walk and was curled up in my bed for almost 24 hours.They said that it was normal and likely ovulation pain. I asked if I could speak with the doctor and the nurse said I would need to set up an appointment in order to speak with her. I decided to call a different clinic in my area with my concern that day before going to the emergency room. I spoke with one of the nurses at the different clinic from Boston-Albany IVF. The nurse was very concerned about my pain and had the doctor call me right away. The doctor called me even without me being a patient. He brought me in for a new patient appointment that very same day and the doctor did the ultrasound himself and found 2 large cysts (one on each ovary.) One was the size of a lemon and the other almost a grapefruit. These are only a few of many reasons why I felt like a number at Albany IVF with Dr. Elguero. It was a very frightening and stressful time for me. I understand Dr. Elguero has to report the facts, but it made me feel like a science experiment and her explanations felt very routine and not unique to me.
I did one cycle of clomid (100 mg) for 5 days, and followed it with IUI. It was unsuccessful. The reason they did clomid was to produce more eggs and increase my chances of getting pregnant by releasing more eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Shawna )
I was assigned one nurse, but I worked with several. I barely worked with my nurse. When I went in for my IUI, it ended up being my nurse I was assigned, but I didn't know because I never met her. My nurse and other nurses never responded to E-mails, were very short on the phone, were not flexible with my schedule so I had to take days off every time I needed a monitor/blood work. No one knew me by name. If I left a message, one nurse would call me back and say one thing....and then later in the day another nurse would call in response to my message and say something completely different. After my IUI, I was in extreme pain and called...it was brushed off.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Strengths- Able to get in as a new patient pretty quickly. Convenient location. Early appointments for blood work/monitoring if you schedule far in advance. Weaknesses- Felt like a number. Felt like a guinea pig. Will try to push IVF before they know what is wrong. Nurses send mixed messages. Treatments are explained to new patients....I found all of my information by researching on my own.
Dr. Elguero covered clomid IUI.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My biggest concern with this clinic was that I had extreme pain after my IUI. When I called about my pain, it was brushed off and I was told it was normal. When I asked to speak with the doctor, I was told I needed to make an appointment. I ended up calling a different clinic near by that same day and explained my symptoms after my IUI. That same day the doctor called me from the clinic (even though I was not a patient there yet) and told me to come in. He found 2 large cysts on my ovaries..... Albany IVF had no concern about this at all, but a clinic where I wasn't even a patient did.
Loudonville
Dr. Elguero is very knowledgeable and resourceful, but you have to make the effort to see her if your treatment plan isn't effective within a couple if months...No pregnancies yet. Letrozole 7.5 mg per cycle and Ovidrel injectables along with bloodwork and ultrasounds...after the initial consultation, I never heard from her or saw her unless I made the appointment to discuss the next step in the treatment plan.
Casey [nurse at Boston IVF] is quick to get back to patients with results of ultrasounds and bloodwork. She is very accommodating to scheduled and is flexible with clinic times. If she is unsure of an answer she will speak to the doctor and specify a time frame she will get back to you...The clinic is divided into 2 sections, the first for clinic appointments to receive monitoring and the other to see the doctor. However the coffee bar and general environment is welcoming and comfortable. When you walk in, you are immediately welcomed by the front desk.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The first time I met Dr. Elguero I was greeted with a warm smile. I felt like I was in competent hands. During our consultation, she thoroughly explained the plan of initial treatment and what she believed was the underlying diagnose. She is very smart and is able to answer any questions. However, after the initial consultation, I never heard from her or saw her unless I made the appointment to discuss the next step in the treatment plan.
Every time I walk into the clinic I am greeted by friendly faces. During the many times i have been late due to the travel time, I never felt like a burden. From the receptionist to the nurse to the financial aid expert, everyone returned my calls in a timely manner. When I arrive to appointments I am taken back quickly and they do their job efficiently. The environment they have created feels safe and inviting.
No pregnancies yet. Letrozole 7.5 mg per cycle and Ovidrel injectables along with bloodwork and ultrasounds. No further treatment due to financial costs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey)
Casey is quick to get back to patients with results of ultrasounds and bloodwork. She is very accommodating to scheduled and is flexible with clinic times. If she is unsure of an answer she will speak to the doctor and specify a time frame she will get back to you.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Insurance has covered all costs with timed intercourse monitoring. After that, due to the fact that we are active duty military we are a discount as tricare will not cover any infertility monitoring with IUI or IVF.
Loudonville

The biggest factor was that she [Dr. Elguero] was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready...Quick call back time and quick reply to messages with questions from me, honest with myself and husband
Although the Clinic [Boston IVF - Albany] was very “Clinic” like it was reassuring we came from a center that was very spa and meditation like but it didn’t work for us. It was nice feeling like they knew what they were doing...Her [Dr. Elguero] staff were great and when we went in to start our current procedure they remembered everything about us. They even remembered when we tried to do a uterine biopsy and I couldn’t do it bc of the pain
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
The biggest factor was that she was honest she told us when she would and wouldn’t take embryos based on their grades and we didn’t feel that we were dollar signs. I would say the only weakness is not doing our actual egg retrieval. But she choose to be aggressive with medications which worked bc I never had so many eggs ready
Be prepared for honest answers.
She put me on birth control then had me monitored via ultrasounds then we started the menopur then we did estrace pills orally and vaginally along with IM progesterone oil
Her staff were great and when we went in to start our current procedure they remembered everything about us. They even remembered when we tried to do a uterine biopsy and I couldn’t do it bc of the pain
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Although the Clinic was very “Clinic” like it was reassuring we came from a center that was very spa and meditation like but it didn’t work for us. It was nice feeling like they knew what they were doing
This was the first time we didn’t have to self pay, our insurance covered everything so we never even asked just signed the paper work, it was amazing
She recommended two and we agreed

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Elguero always takes the time to see how you are doing emotionally throughout the entire process and is always available to talk...always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications...We first started with IUI using clomid. We tried this for six rounds. The third round we had a chemical pregnancy. The rest were unsuccessful. We then moved on to IUI with injections. Dr. Elguero suggested we move to IVF; however, knowing that we did not have insurance, she worked with us to try the most effective way possible to get pregnant at the lowest cost.
Jessica [nurse at Boston IVF] was extremely helpful in every situation. The entire staff is kind, compassionate and helpful...The costs seem to be on par with other facilities in the area...Everything about the clinic is wonderful. The early hours are extremely helpful, as I can go in for an appointment and still make it to work on time. The entire staff from billing to the ultrasound techs to the nurses is wonderful.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero always made sure I understood all of the procedures and medications. She took the time to check on me emotionally and offer anything she could to assist. She was always available to talk any time you needed.
To ask questions.
Jessica was extremely helpful in every situation. The entire staff is kind, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
The costs seem to be on par with other facilities in the area. I do not have infertility coverage through my medical provider so have to pay out of pocket.
Loudonville

She [Dr. Elguero] was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged ... I always seen nurses [Boston IVF - Albany]. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something ...
I think one of the weaknesses is the nurse turnover rate. It seemed like every couple weeks there were new nurses and the other ones you got use to were gone . Made me a little uncomfortable . There [Boston IVF - Albany] strength was they seemed to know what they were doing ... She [nurse] was good with trying to explain procedures. I think she explained more than doctor
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She was nice but u feel like she wasn’t there for me. Would have liked her to pop in once in a while during treatment . I feel like much more could have been done. Results were another issue that I would have liked to talk to her about but I got discouraged
If your not happy with the results to sit down and talk about what could be improved
I always seen nurses. I only seen dr when she wanted to go over something
Blood work and ultrasound cycle day 3. Call with results to see where your at. Start meds. Come back in on cycle day 12 blood and ultrasound . See how follicles look. If not ready come back tomorrow or next day for blood and ultrasound. Call with results. If ready IUI next day. Lay in bed 10 minutes after IUI. Come back in 16 days for betas blood work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Julia )
She was good with trying to explain procedures. I think she explained more than doctor
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I think one of the weaknesses is the nurse turnover rate. It seemed like every couple weeks there were new nurses and the other ones you got use to were gone . Made me a little uncomfortable . There strength was they seemed to know what they were doing
I spent between $10,000 and $15,000 that included visits and medicine
Loudonville

Dr. Elguero was very very thorough with explaining everything that was going on, she explained all the test results, and what to expect next. She really took the time to go threw past health test, run labs and rule everything out to get to the diagnosis that she did...Due to insurance reasons we had to do three rounds of Clomid and proves that they failed before we can move on with our next treatment. Started the first round with 50mg of clomid, that failed. Second round was 150mg of clomid, that also failed. 3rd round was also with clomid and that also failed. This was not a surprise as i suffer from amenorrhea. We are waiting approval to move on with our first IUI
My primary nurse [at Boston IVF] always knows what’s going on very alert of my case but she’s not always my point of contact sometimes I get other nurses and they scan the file but they are not in possession of all the information and give improper advice. Or maybe just miscommunication...You cant wait for the billing cycle in order to start you fertility treatment, your account has to be at zero. That was very upset as i had just paid the statement when they called and stated i had to pay my account to zero before moving forward
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Always keep and open mind. And even if you think your ready to hear the worst, be easy with yourself as you process the information your presented
I always left like a human she always takes time to answer my questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Kasey)
My primary nurse always knows what’s going on very alert of my case but she’s not always my point of contact sometimes I get other nurses and they scan the file but they are not in possession of all the information and give improper advice. Or maybe just miscommunication
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
They are amazing, sweet kind and welcoming at all times. Our wait time was 20 mins before we were seen but it was a relaxing wait. The first appointment was a consult so we we sat in a small waiting room, while we waited, we were greeted and shown to the doctors office.
A lot of my cost was out of pocket, i have a 3rd party reimbursement but you have to have your account at 0 to start a new cycle i pay for most everything out of pocket. You cant wait for the billing cycle in order to start you fertility treatment, your account has to be at zero. That was very upset as i had just paid the statement when they called and stated i had to pay my account to zero before moving forward
Loudonville
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between...definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed... she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
just seemed like one hand didn't know what the other was doing nurse had different information than the doctor [at Boston IVF]...As much as you want to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation, I must say the waiting room chairs are not very comforting. The people greeting are ok nothing spectacular and not horrible. Once you are in the rest of the facility they are warm & welcoming
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Dr. Elguero definitely is soft spoken but very knowledgable and has your best interest at hand. She makes sure to stop and explain everything she goes over with us and continues to see if we understand or have any questions of what was just reviewed.
Don't be afraid to ask the questions you might not want the answers to, she tells you exactly what can/will happen
She takes the time to explain results, the why, the what and everything in between
She realized that a certain does of the meds wasn't acting as it should so she doubled the dosage to increase chances of producing more eggs for a better probability to get pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: michele)
this is where we felt more like we were treated as a number rather than a patient with a delicate situation. The nurses from before(Marsha & Grace) the IVF clinic was bought by Boston definitely treat you more like a single patient and not a number when you walk in the facility
Paying for the IVF, the medicine & the sperm retrieval

2018, Consult
She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is...was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares...
I like that an ultrasound tech is actually doing the ultrasounds [at Boston IVF]. At my old clinic, nurses did it. I do wish the building itself was a little nicer, my old clinic felt like a spa...Everyone is very nice there. Michelle [nurse] answers all of my calls and emails in a timely fashion and really cares...you had to pay first before cycle began...She [Dr. Sonia Elguero] is very kind and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
She is very kind and knowledgeable. We left our first consult w her understanding more than we did with our previous clinic that we were at for 2 years. She answers and explains all questions, and tells it like it is.
Listen to her and go for it. Even after a miscarriage, i am ready to get back in there and start my treatment asap.
Dr Elguero was the first doctor I saw that actually talked to us like human beings, and had emotion. You can tell she really cares
Everyone is very nice there. Michelle answers all of my calls and emails in a timely fashion and really cares
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
I like that an ultrasound tech is actually doing the ultrasounds. At my old clinic, nurses did it. I do wish the building itself was a little nicer, my old clinic felt like a spa. Though, that doesnt really matter if you get pregnantz
Well, not overly cheap. And you had to pay first before cycle began.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Elguero is soft spoken but definitely does not sugar coat the situation. She wants the patient to be knowledgeable of the process and to feel comfortable with decisions being made. I appreciate her honesty...took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
Everything was broken down very specifically [costs at Boston IVF]. Consult roughly $450 IVF cost around $7500 ICSI Sperm retrievel $600 Medications (different for each person ) mine was $5600...I feel that a strength is that there are always familiar faces and everyone knows you personally. They are very aware of your journey and what you have been through, even if you have been there more than once. A weakness or downside has been having to use an outside doctor for sperm retrievel. It made things slightly stressful and complicated at times.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Ask a lot of questions! Feel 100% about your understanding of your situation.
I felt like a human! The doctor took time to meet with me multiple times to walk me through my fertility struggles. She answered my phone calls and was present for every step of the process. I was never pawned off on someone else when I needed to speak to her. She was Frank with, and gave me the good news with the bad. She consoled me when our transfer failed. She sympathized with me and did not make me feel like my emotions and needs did not matter. She is the reason I keep going back... Even if it just for care for my endometriosis. I needed a doctor to look at my diagnosis from a fertility perspective and she did just that!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace has been with me for 2 full cycles now and I don't feel like I could have done it without her. She is absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Everything was broken down very specifically. Consult roughly $450 IVF cost around $7500 ICSI Sperm retrievel $600 Medications (different for each person ) mine was $5600
Loudonville
The overall strategy [with Dr. Elguero] was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
[The nurses at Boston IVF] Took the time to explain every thing thoroughly and answered all my questions. They bolth provide tons of support and encouragement every month. They would always ask how I was feeling...Very efficient office. I never waited more then 5 min past my scheduled time. The phlebotomist and the ultrasound tec were very nice...Easy to make appointments with. Pleasant on the phone. Promptly returns phone calls if needed. All the staff were super supportive- the receptioneset, the phlebotomist, the medical assistant, the embryologist, everyone! Everyone in the office is rooting for you! They took great care of me
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Very compassionate and caring. I developed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome after my fresh egg transfer that required me to be hospitalized due to a pocket of fluid around my liver causing me to get very sick at. Dr Elguero called the hospital in the middle of the night to check on me and then came to visit me the next day.
She is excellent. She will treat you AND your infertility. Feel free to ask all the questions you want!
She took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. She showed me visually what normal follicals looked like and then we compared mine. She also explained how the endometriosis had affected my egg quality. She took the time to go over all my diagnostic testing results with me and answered all my questions. She was very patient and I felt like she individualized my treatment plan specifically for me, not just a standard textbook plan of care. She treated me, not just my infertility.
The overall strategy was to stimulate proper egg/follicle development with injectable hormones followed by IUI. After the first failed cycle my hormone doses were based on my ultrasounds and bloodwork. Tailoring my treatment based on my labs/ultrasounds. The 3rd attempted IUI was converted to IVF with an egg harvest and a successful fresh embryo transfer which resulted in our long awaited precious baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace Coons, NP. Casey B, RN.)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Very organized. Easy to make appointments with. Pleasant on the phone. Promptly returns phone calls if needed. All the staff were super supportive- the receptioneset, the phlebotomist, the medical assistant, the embryologist, everyone! Everyone in the office is rooting for you! They took great care of me
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
My insurance covered the IUI procedures up to 6x. It did not cover the drugs or needed ultrasounds or the harvest, transfer, and freezing of an egg. I felt the price was fair, but frustrated at the lack of insurance coverage and the lack of support from New York state.
Loudonville
We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She [Dr. Elguero] wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion...She is honest, but also positive. She is also very thorough. She makes herself very available to her patients and looks at the issues from several different angles. She made my husband and I feel hope again.
This clinic [Boston IVF] is small and intimate. It’s not fancy just a plain looking efficient place. There’s no zen fountains or spa music, but there is a strong sense of schedule and community. I felt instantly more comfortable knowing that lots of money was not wasted on the decor...They [nurses] work hard to make things go smoothly between office visits. Casey is super compassionate and always very informed and helpful. All the other nurses and US techs are very skilled and very kind.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be patient and trust the process!
The communication is awesome between doctor/patient, staff/patient! Everyone is very compassionate and patient.
We r doing lo-tech IUI treatments with 150 clomid cycles. The rationale is the I have DOR and it’s silly to try and do ivf because he quantity of eggs isn’t there. She wants to keep the eggs inside the body and continue in this fashion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Casey Beauregard )
They r amazing! They work hard to make things go smoothly between office visits. Casey is super compassionate and always very informed and helpful. All the other nurses and US techs are very skilled and very kind.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
This clinic is small and intimate. It’s not fancy just a plain looking efficient place. There’s no zen fountains or spa music, but there is a strong sense of schedule and community. I felt instantly more comfortable knowing that lots of money was not wasted on the decor.
Somewhere between 400-700 each visit. Typically 5-7 visits before iui
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
There was a power outage and the phones at the clinic went down. I did not receive a call with results that day. When I called the next morning I was told I had missed my appointment and that someone left me a message on my cell phone. I did not ever receive the message. It didn’t effect the cycle and I was able to come in the next day for monitoring.
Loudonville
I truly felt well taken care of by Dr. Elguero and appreciate everything she has done for me. Right from the start I felt completely at ease with her and trusted her to make our dream come true. Dr. Elguero was very compassionate and took the time to explain everything to me...After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
All the staff [at Boston IVF] were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable...Michelle and Jessica [nurses] were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions...Dr. Elguero was always available to answer my questions. I felt like she treated me like her own daughter, was honest and truly seemed to care about my well being.
How was your experience with Sonia Elguero at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Be your own advocate, don’t be afraid to speak up and voice your opinions.
We started with 3 IUI procedures that ended in all negative results. My husband and I took some time off then returned and spoke about our options. We decided to do a laparoscopy to determine cause and discovered endotrimosis that was contributing to my infertility. We then decided to do IVF. After injections, 31 eggs were retrieved and Dr. Elguero thought the risk of over stimulation was too high so we decided to do frozen transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
Michelle and Jessica were amazing. They were very compassionate and always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
All the staff were very nice, always taking time to accommodate me. There were times they ran behind on appointments but were otherwise on time. The nursing staff was amazing and always made me feel comfortable.