5.9

2205 Williams Trace Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478
713-225-5375

2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] gives prescribes the same amount of medications (treatment of care) to all her Invocell patients, regardless of their needs...will not monitor you at all during the stim phase for Invocell. Monitoring is extremely important for your health and potential sucess during stims. I have talked to other Dr. K patients and we were all prescribed the same amounts of medications. Treatment is not individualized.
This clinic [Houston Fertility Center] does not have a portal for you to keep track of your results. The ultrasound machines in this clinic are extremely old. When you get a follicle ultrasound they will not tell you the size of your follicles unless you specifically ask for the sizes. The Clinc only checks the sizes of your follicles on day 10 of stims...The nurses seem uninterested in their job.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Dr. K will not monitor you at all during the stim phase for Invocell. Monitoring is extremely important for your health and potential sucess during stims. I have talked to other Dr. K patients and we were all prescribed the same amounts of medications. Treatment is not individualized. You will have an identical treatment plan for anyone doing Invocell in her clinic. Do not go to Dr.K for Invocell, because chances are you will have a failed cycle because the treatment was not tailored to you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Do not go to her please!!! Chances are your cycle will fail. Remember you will not be monitored during your stim phase, which is the most important part of a Invocell IVF cycle. Just Google Monitoring during IVF stims and the importance of it. To find the facts for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Dr. K gives prescribes the same amount of medications (treatment of care) to all her Invocell patients, regardless of their needs.
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Center and their degree of success.
You will be given the exact same protocol as any other Dr.K Invocell patient. Even though she will do testing on you before you start a cycle, it really doesn't matter because you will he given the same exact protocol as her other patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had two different nurses.)
The nurses will do your ultrasound and follicle check, ot Dr.K. The nurses seem uninterested in their job.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
This clinic does not have a portal for you to keep track of your results. The ultrasound machines in this clinic are extremely old. When you get a follicle ultrasound they will not tell you the size of your follicles unless you specifically ask for the sizes. The Clinc only checks the sizes of your follicles on day 10 of stims.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center.
$5000 for invocell
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Center.
A lot of her patients don't make it to this point with her with Invocell. If you don't believe me try finding her sucess rates for Invocell, it's almost impossible to find.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Center.
I think this doctor prays on her patients desire to have a child. Many patients going in don't know the importance of being monitored during a Ivf(invocell) cycle. Monitoring is what makes a IVF(invocell)cycle work well or not. Please do not go to this clinic! If you are interested in invocell try finding another Doctor to do the procedure.

2020, Unsuccessful
Her [Dr. Kristiansen's] protocol was definitely one size fits all and not at all personalized based on my needs...I was given no rationale. I was told this is what you need to take and basically don’t ask questions. I’m 42 so my eggs ate more fragile. I was given 450 of follistim for 10 days, 75 of menopur for 5 days and ganirelix for 5 days and triggered with 5,000 HCG. They retrieved 13 eggs, 10 were mature, 7 fertilized and 1 made it to blast
They [Houston Fertility Center] didn’t call to give us updates of our embryos, all the calls had to be made by us. They didn’t offer any explanations of anything and we have no clue what happened between days 0-6 with our embryos. Communication was POOR...I was made to feel like my questions after were stupid and they even lied to me and told me that they were in constant communication with my husband (he’s my husband and I was aware of every time he spoke with them). They were very unprofessional and simply rude.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Her protocol was definitely one size fits all and not at all personalized based on my needs. She always gave very vague responses and seemed to enjoy talking politics more than answering questions about what you are There for! She also had zero follow through. If you pay Someone that amount of money for a treatment, one would expect a follow up, especially when the treatment wasn’t successful but we got nothing!
Go somewhere else
Once they collected payment, their customer service went downhill.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Center.
They were okay before retrieval and then changed after. I was made to feel like my questions after were stupid and they even lied to me and told me that they were in constant communication with my husband (he’s my husband and I was aware of every time he spoke with them). They were very unprofessional and simply rude.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
Strengths - they attempt to be nice and professional, competitive pricing, convenient location Weaknesses - Unprofessional, they don’t answer questions, one size fits all protocols, no explanations given
$13,000 + $5,500 for meds + $6,000 in lab work
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Center.
They ordered very expensive and unnecessary tests for my husband. They didn’t call to give us updates of our embryos, all the calls had to be made by us. They didn’t offer any explanations of anything and we have no clue what happened between days 0-6 with our embryos. Communication was POOR
Houston

Dr. Kristiansen was initially very nice and explained what she thought was best for me. A few months later we returned to her clinic excited to start this journey.... Once we came back it was mostly visits with the staff. I saw the doctor for my endometrial biopsy, HSG and egg transfer.... It was very frustrating because I felt no genuine care.... Also worth mentioning, she never ever discussed the appropriate amount of embryos to transfer for me.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Center] is listed as having 2 locations but anytime I made an appointment I expressed that I needed the closer location to my home and somehow they were never available for appointments there.... This clinic is cheaper than other clinics (also a deciding factor for us) but they don’t offer payment plans or financing like some clinics... I felt like one of the medical assistants was very dry and unprofessional.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Dr. Kristiansen was initially very nice and explained what she thought was best for me. A few months later we returned to her clinic excited to start this journey. It took us a while because we were unsure if this was the route to go and partly because we were not financially ready. Once we came back it was mostly visits with the staff. I saw the doctor for my endometrial biopsy, HSG and egg transfer. Apparently, she was there for the retrieval but I couldnt say for certain since she was late and by then they had already put me under anesthesia. When I woke I only saw the staff once again. It was very frustrating because I felt no genuine care. Once we returned for the egg transfer I was already prepped and on the stirrups. She walks in and doesn’t greet us or say a word. Only gets started on the procedure and mentions I have a perfectly looking uterus and that was all. I mentioned the procedure was very painful and she only says, “almost done”. Her assistant comforted me but that was all. Bone dry. Also worth mentioning, she never ever discussed the appropriate amount of embryos to transfer for me. Granted they gave me a large packet of general information to read, but everyone’s case is different. I had questions but she was never available. Her assistant made recommendations but that was all I had to go by. So I made my own decision. Luckily I had online support groups who helped guide me. Once we received the dreaded call of the negative results it was Dr. kristiansen who called, in which I was surprised. Sadly though, it sounded like another routine call. I went to this doctor because a friend recommended her and she had a successful pregnancy with her. I’m not saying she is a horrible person but if you’re the type of person who needs compassionate care during a stressful and emotional time like this, she is not the doctor for you. I will not return to her but honestly, I don’t think she will ever notice.
Write down all your questions and asks at your consult visit. If you have to annoy the staff with questions then so be it. It is your money (and a lot of it) that you’re forking out. Plus this is no small matter to just wonder about.
Initially for my consultation I felt more like a human. Like she genuinely cared. I took a few months off to decided the correct route for us and when we returned is when I became a number. I saw the doctor maybe 2-3 more times after that (one of which it was during the egg retrieval when I was already out from anesthesia). I saw her staff more than anything.
Birth control first to regulate the cycle and ovulation. My husband and I were also started on a zpack prophylactically. Then blood work to monitor lining. They started me on lupron, then gonal f and menopur. Finally I had the trigger shot (ovidrel) and progesterone in oil. Valium was given during the Day of the transfer to help relax the uterus. Towards the end of stimulation I was started on estradiol and medrol. Medrol was one of the final pills (suppressant) and it was basically to keep the body from rejecting the embryos.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Center.
I felt like one of the medical assistants was very dry and unprofessional. Apparently she was new but she had no personality and explained nothing. I want to say her name was Blanca. I will mention Myra was incredibly patient, compassionate and caring. Had it not been for her I probably would’ve wanted to quit treatment altogether. She explained everything in detail and lessened my worries (if at all possible in this process). I cannot rave about her any more. She was just so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
The clinic is listed as having 2 locations but anytime I made an appointment I expressed that I needed the closer location to my home and somehow they were never available for appointments there. One of the main reasons I selected her was because of her convenient location in sugar land. I always found myself driving to Houston (45 min away).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Center.
These appointments were quick and smooth. With an assistant.
This clinic is cheaper than other clinics (also a deciding factor for us) but they don’t offer payment plans or financing like some clinics. They don’t offer samples of medications either. Full payment is due at the time of the first ultrasound, no questions.
This was never discussed with us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Houston Fertility Center.
Primarily it was the results of my embryos. I received the call the following day after retrieval about the fertilization rate. I was told 13 were retrieved but that only 9 fertilized. On my transfer date I was told I only had 6 to use. So we transferred 2 and froze 4. They said they were still watching 3 more. Never heard back to this day on that (I’m assuming they never made it) but I feel it’s still vital information. Also, I was never informed on the quality of my embryos. Only that they made it to day 5. For a new IVFer this is necessary information.
2012 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The doctor [Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.... She did not spend much time talking to me about what to expect. Her office staff did most of the communication.
[Houston Fertility Institute's] Weaknesses: communication with patients regarding patient protocols was poor. It was always unclear which medications to take at what dosage and at what time. Strengths: they offer early morning and lunch-time appointments... $7,000 to convert a stimulation cycle into a one-time IVF try. I think I spent at least $3,000-5,000 on medications ahead of time.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
The doctor was successful in helping me get pregnant with my first son in 2012, however when we tried again in 2015/2016, I spent 8+ trying and the treatments did change slightly. She did not suggest IVF until after 4-5 unsuccessful attempts at using the medication and intercourse method.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
She is nice but you will not see her very often.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I used Gonal F, Menopur and Ovidrel to get pregnant the first time (when I was 34 years old). The second time, I was 38 years old, and we used the same stuff but added the progesterone shots and Estradiol pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Poor communication to patients. They would call and start riddling off instructions before I was ready to write anything down. They also confused me with how to fill prescriptions.
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
She said it was completely my choice. I chose to go with one.
Aspire Houston Fertility Institute