5.9

Sugar Land
2205 Williams Trace Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478
713-225-5375

[Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] She reviewed our history and knew our issues. She was on our team and wanted the best for us. She has great bedside manor. I wish she would have been more on board with giving a plan made for us, not one fits all. She wasn’t willing to change medication when I did not respond well...[eSET approach]She refused to transfer more than one embryo unless you were over the age of 38.
[nurse of Houston Fertility Center]they were very organized and sweet. I never had an issue with communication...Their strength is definitely their prices. They are very competitive, especially for the Houston area. Everything is done in house. The only weakness would be the lack of ability to tailor medicine protocols...INVOcell IVF was $5,000 for retrieval and transfer. Meds were $2,500 before discounts.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
She is very personable. She reviewed our history and knew our issues. She was on our team and wanted the best for us. She has great bedside manor. I wish she would have been more on board with giving a plan made for us, not one fits all. She wasn’t willing to change medication when I did not respond well. She is better fit for general infertility issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
If you have extremely infertility issues, she is probably not the best for you. She is better for women without tubes, unexplained infertility, not women with DOR.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
She was very nice and every knew me by name, but medicines prescribed are not tailored. Everyone gets the same protocol.
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did INVOcell IVF. Everyone received the same protocol. The first 5 nights were 150iu of Follistim. The next 5 nights were 75iu of Follistim, a vial of Menopur, and a Ganirelix shot. I only produced 2 eggs with only one of them being mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mayra Lopez)
They were very organized and sweet. I never had an issue with communication.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Center.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Kristiansen] has a great bedside manner. She explained all options giving us what she thought was our best options for success. She was sincere even when I could tell she was busy. She was willing to do needed tests vs go off my age automatically as others have in the past...Her and her staff made my husband and myself comfortable enough to ask all the questions we had. There was no rude remarks, blanket answers or just blanton disregard for what we wanted or felt.
Professional staff and service [at Houston Fertility Center]. Kind individuals and understanding of what the patients are dealing with. Customer service skills are on point. Fair cost with options not mandatory or pushed onto the patients. Informative and willing to answer any questions by phone or email...[approx cost] 5600 dr office 1100 donor semen 5500 for donor eggs
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
She has a great bedside manner. She explained all options giving us what she thought was our best options for success. She was sincere even when I could tell she was busy. She was willing to do needed tests vs go off my age automatically as others have in the past.
Ask any possible questions even if you think they are small potatoes.
Blood work, ultrasounds
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
She was soft spoken, answered questions from self and my husband. When we over paid, some called with a check ready for pick up. When semen delivery was late, they stayed 30 minutes after closing to collect it.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
Professional staff and service. Kind individuals and understanding of what the patients are dealing with. Customer service skills are on point. Fair cost with options not mandatory or pushed onto the patients. Informative and willing to answer any questions by phone or email.
5600 dr office 1100 donor semen 5500 for donor eggs

2019, Consult
The doctor [Dr. Sonja Kristiansen] was very detailed and explained risks and plans to the T. She communicates very well. You can also see the compassion she expresses and the care and need for her patients. She also explains the treatment with understanding of the patient.... They are very detailed in treatment options and are pretty blunt and compassionate to the patient.
The nursing staff [at Houston Fertility Center] that we spoke to have been with Doctor Sonja for a very long time. She has very loyal staff and they were all very sweet and nice.... The location isn't that great but the clinic itself is organized. Very professional. They do have bilingual staff which helps out. The clinic also has their own embryologist and lab. I can't wait to go back.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
The doctor was very detailed and explained risks and plans to the T. She communicates very well. You can also see the compassion she expresses and the care and need for her patients. She also explains the treatment with understanding of the patient.
Definitely, ask all the questions you can think of.
The staff and doctor are very caring and love what they do. The consultation went better than our first location CORM. They are very detailed in treatment options and are pretty blunt and compassionate to the patient.
We are still early in the process but I can always rate and review this later.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Center.
The nursing staff that we spoke to have been with Doctor Sonja for a very long time. She has very loyal staff and they were all very sweet and nice.
Invocell IVF no insurance we are looking at about $12,000.00
The doctor did explain that it was better for one embryo transfer due to our situation. We definitely have twin Genes and implanting 2 embryos was not an option for my wife and I.

2013, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I thought that she [Dr. Kristiansen] was very nice, but I only saw her 3 times. 1 for my initial consultation, 2 at my egg retrieval & 3 the day she let me go as a patient. I feel that she was very knowledgeable, but it was frustrating that she told me that she couldn't get me pregnant, without giving me an option to use donor eggs...Everyone there [Houston Fertility Center] was kind & understanding of the emotional toll of infertility... I wasn't told how to properly take the birth control pills (after I finished the first pack). This resulted in us having to stop the first round of treatments & wait another month to start over again.
I think they [Houston Fertility Center] desperately need to work on customer service when someone calls in. Most people calling in have NO IDEA how to go about anything in the fertility world, so a nicer voice on the other end of the phone would be helpful...My only issue with the nursing team is, that they didn't fully explain my meds to me....This resulted in us having to stop the first round of treatments & wait another month to start over again.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
I thought that she was very nice, but I only saw her 3 times. 1 for my initial consultation, 2 at my egg retrieval & 3 the day she let me go as a patient. I feel that she was very knowledgeable, but it was frustrating that she told me that she couldn't get me pregnant, without giving me an option to use donor eggs.
Ask a ton of questions.
Everyone there was kind & understanding of the emotional toll of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Can't remember her name)
My only issue with the nursing team is, that they didn't fully explain my meds to me. Knowing that this was my 1st time ever doing fertility treatments, I wasn't told how to properly take the birth control pills (after I finished the first pack). This resulted in us having to stop the first round of treatments & wait another month to start over again.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
I think they desperately need to work on customer service when someone calls in. Most people calling in have NO IDEA how to go about anything in the fertility world, so a nicer voice on the other end of the phone would be helpful.
$20,000 ballpark
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Center?