5.9

Sugar Land
2205 Williams Trace Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77478
713-225-5375

Strength. On time, candid, respectful, truthful, Positive demeanor. ... With Dr SONJA [Kristiansen], I felt welcomed. I felt at home. I never felt like I was wasting my money. I was eager to get the process done. I knew meeting her, she was going to be my last fertility Doctor because I believed I was going to conceive. She has this Positive approach that calms your spirit and mind. Oh she's a good listener. She answers all questions and never rushes you. Weakness. I think she's too good
Strengths [of Houston Fertility Center]. Kept appointments on time. Answered calls in a timely manner. No prejudice or discrimination. Always there to help. They made the process easy for me and my husband. Worked with our schedule and our comfort. Weakness. None i can think of ... They worked with my schedule and was always on time. Gentle approach and explaining the procedure as we went along. I never felt like I was in the dark
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Strength. On time, candid, respectful, truthful, Positive demeanor. As a patient, I was hopeful just like I have with other doctors. But once I step into their clinics, I get this negative vibe that turns me away. With Dr SONJA, I felt welcomed. I felt at home. I never felt like I was wasting my money. I was eager to get the process done. I knew meeting her, she was going to be my last fertility Doctor because I believed I was going to conceive. She has this Positive approach that calms your spirit and mind. Oh she's a good listener. She answers all questions and never rushes you. Weakness. I think she's too good
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Be truthful to your Doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Dr SONJA listened to us from day one. All questions answered. She was truthful with the procedure. She didn't impose any treatment on us. She allowed us to make our choice after explaining all our questions. We didn't feel pressured into choosing her as our fertility doctor. Our case was unique so was our treatment. She wasn't after our money but our happiness. Above all she is very respectful, knowledgeable, detailed and patient.
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Center and their degree of success.
First was consultation. Then comes the bloodwork and ultrasound. After which I was put on birth control. Then hormonal stimulations which includes Follistim, ganirelix and menopur followed. I triggered with Ovidrel. My protocol was based on my lab results, work schedule, finances. The rational for her using the medications was due to my health history
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lana)
Those nurses are amazing. Very polite, knowledgeable, detailed, patient.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
Strengths. Kept appointments on time. Answered calls in a timely manner. No prejudice or discrimination. Always there to help. They made the process easy for me and my husband. Worked with our schedule and our comfort. Weakness. None i can think of
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center.
The procedure was $5000 Co pay $80 per visit Medications $2600
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Center.
Per law, she gave us the option of transferring 1 or 2 embryo. It was strictly our decision after she explained the pros and cons of a single and double transfer
Houston
We are in the middle of treatment for Invocel [with Dr. Kristiansen]. We have had our consultation, our blood work was taken, my husband has had a semen analysis, and started taking birth control once my cycle started, when I had my sonohysterogram we noticed some spots on my uterine lining could have been "scabbing" from last cycle or could have been submucosal masses (sp). So, we decided to take a cycle off and do some natural remedies to clean out my uterus. Waiting on next cycle to start up again. Nursing Staff
From the phone calls in, to the office visits, everyone is so personable [at Houston Fertility Center]. They always respond promptly to my questions and make sure I leave the office with all questions answered...[nurses are] Informative and compassionate...$1850 blood work/testing/semen analysis...$5,000 for IVO package and another $750 for second sonohysterogram....the room where the semen analysis is collected, my husband said was dirty. Other than that, everything has been great! Appointment times have been on point, and all questions have been answered in a tender and caring but professional way.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
Dr. K was prompt for our consultation appointment and explained everything to my husband and I so that we left feeling very knowledgeable about our process going forward. I have loved being her patient.
Go in with all your questions ready and just let her do the talking.
From the phone calls in, to the office visits, everyone is so personable. They always respond promptly to my questions and make sure I leave the office with all questions answered. Dr. K and her team will also ask you how your feeling and that makes me really feel like they care about your well being.
We are in the middle of treatment for Invocell. We have had our consultation, our blood work was taken, my husband has had a semen analysis, and started taking birth control once my cycle started, when I had my sonohysterogram we noticed some spots on my uterine lining could have been "scabbing" from last cycle or could have been submucosal masses (sp). So, we decided to take a cycle off and do some natural remedies to clean out my uterus. Waiting on next cycle to start up again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Center.
Informative and compassionate
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
The only complaint that we have had so far is that the room where the semen analysis is collected, my husband said was dirty. Other than that, everything has been great! Appointment times have been on point, and all questions have been answered in a tender and caring but professional way.
IVO cycle: $1850 blood work/testing/semen analysis $5,000 for IVO package and another $750 for second sonohysterogram. No meds covered in any of this cost.
Not sure, I know that she will transfer two, but that is the most she will transfer for me.
Houston

Dr. Sonja recommended Invocell for us, as my tubes are beyond feasible repair. Dr. Sonja also allowed me to determine how much fertility medications. ... With Dr. Kristensen I felt that she took get time work me. I loved the fact that she allowed me to ask questions in the interviewing room as opposed to in the exam room. This allowed me to relax and really ask all the questions on my list.
Strengths [of Houston Fertility Institute] would be patient care, rapport and seamless processes. My only complaint or weakness is clinic location. I am really afraid of heights and I hate that the office is so close to the wall. Also there's too much traffic in Katy. ... The nurse care team made me feel like they work around the clock just for me. ... Dr. Sonja recommended Invocell for us, as my tubes are beyond feasible repair. Dr. Sonja also allowed me to determine how much fertility medications.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sonja is compassionate. She also knows her stuff. So going into treatment, I was afraid of what will happen. I had many questions and suffered from "over social media itis". Basically I had read so many things online and asked so many non-professionals that I made myself dizzy. So it was imperative for me to empty my mind and be able to hear from Dr. Sonja. She gained my trust and took her time to build a rapport with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
I would tell prospective patients to be open, be calm and know that you are in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
The nurse care team made me feel like they work around the clock just for me.
Describe your experience with Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Strengths would be patient care, rapport and seamless processes. My only complaint or weakness is clinic location. I am really afraid of heights and I hate that the office is so close to the wall. Also there's too much traffic in Katy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
$7000
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Houston Fertility Institute.
Dr. Sonja has a strong preference of no more than 2 to transfer.
Aspire Houston Fertility Institute
Katy

2014, Successful
My personal situation was very unconventional. She [Dr. Kristiansen] never made me feel like there was anything wrong with it. She conveyed optimism but was always very factual and very direct/clear. She showed compassion when I had a miscarriage, I don't remember the details as it was an emotional time but I remember my interaction with her always felt good...She was warm and yet direct. She made empathetic comments and was never judgmental.
The location [Houston Fertility Center - Houston] is very central, easy to get to, which is very important considering the amount of times you have to go there while on treatment. The clinic is well equipped, they had everything that was needed for my treatments and were very professional. I was usually seen quickly and on time...I was in treatment for the better part of about a year and had 2 or three different nurses assigned to my case. The first one was great, really nice. She went on maternity leave and they assigned me to a second nurse. She was ok, not as warm and friendly. There was a third one that would just cover when someone was out and that one was not very friendly. But she was never rude or anything like that, just not nearly as friendly and communicative as the first one.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Houston Fertility Center?
My personal situation was very unconventional. She never made me feel like there was anything wrong with it. She conveyed optimism but was always very factual and very direct/clear. She showed compassion when I had a miscarriage, I don't remember the details as it was an emotional time but I remember my interaction with her always felt good.
I would just say that my experience with her was very good and that I would not hesitate to seek treatment with her again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Center.
The location is very central, easy to get to, which is very important considering the amount of times you have to go there while on treatment. The clinic is well equipped, they had everything that was needed for my treatments and were very professional. I was usually seen quickly and on time.

2019, Consult
She [Dr. Kristiansen] was kind, caring, informed and answered the questions I have before I asked them! I felt comfortable with her and they told me to ask any questions I have. I had questions later and emailed and received a response same day.... She was personable and kind. She spoke to me and my husband and addressed our specific issues and concerns.
Invocell is the route we will be taking with the option of PGS [at Houston Fertility Center- Houston].. She [Dr. Kristiansen] does multiple transfers..... They get you in quickly, are nice, caring and thorough. Not sure of weaknesses I’m a new patient but I don’t think things can be any worse than my previous experience. I’ve heard great things about Dr. k and am looking forward to moving forward.
How was your experience with Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
She was kind, caring, informed and answered the questions I have before I asked them! I felt comfortable with her and they told me to ask any questions I have. I had questions later and emailed and received a response same day.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Schedule with her she’s amazing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the protocols Sonja Kristiansen used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
Invocell is the route we will be taking with the option of PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
They were just as kind as Dr. k and answered all our questions. They provided number for the financial component. Gave us both Invocell and IVF options.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sonja Kristiansen at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
My copay covered my visit. We will have to pay out of pocket for everything else.
Describe Sonja Kristiansen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
She does multiple transfers.
Advanced Fertility Center of Texas