Nurse available by email
406-238-2475
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715
406-587-9202
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stacy Shomento to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Shomento was wonderful to meet with. She really took her tie with me, was very thorough, and had a warm caring personality. She also listened, was patient, and allowed me to ask all my written down questions about the lab stats, which I got from Fertility IQ. She was honest and forthcoming with her opinion of me and treatments she'd recommend, and the reasons why. It was not what I wanted to hear, but she delivered it in a direct, but respectful and kind way.
The Lab [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.... The way they billed the appointment for a visit and ultrasound, insurance didn't cover much, and My bill is around $591. I have been to other doctors, done the exact same things, and only had to pay a copay. I'm requesting they re-evaluate the appointment and see if they can code it differently for more coverage, but have not heard back.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
Dr. Shomento was great. I felt she was caring, kind, a good listener, she was thorough in helping me understand my situation, and was respectful as well. I really liked her, and if the decision for where to do IVF was purely based on the doctor, and their likability, I would hands down go to her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
Do your research ahead of time and come with questions. Expect to spend a good amount of time with Dr. Shomento, who will be straight forward and thorough, and take time answering your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. Shomento for a consultation. She walked me through my numbers and odds of getting pregnant naturally (not good) as well as with treatment. With only one tube, an ectopic pregnancy in my past, a low ovarian reserve, and low follicle count, she pretty much jumped right into recommending IVF as my best option to have success in becoming pregnant. She was also blunt about the odds of likely only getting one egg out of one IVF round, based on only having 7 follicles, but felt very confident that if we did get one, it should implant successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I only met with the nurse once, briefly, and have spoken ver the phone with her a couple times, She's super nice, makes you feel like you're a friend, and makes you feel like she's there for you.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
Dr. Shomento and her nurse seemed excellent. They were likable, patient, good listeners, experienced, etc. The Lab seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.
She suggested only doing one embryo transfer with me, which makes sense, since I am young and have a healthy uterus, and would rather not end up with twins.
+ Read more- Read less
I feel like Dr. Shomento cares about me and my partner, and she wants our treatments to work out. I think she works very hard. She is kind and professional and explains things very well....She gave us hope - meeting with her was the first time we could breathe it felt like in months....Dr. Shomento and her staff are the kindest medical professionals I have ever encountered - that first visit is scary for anyone facing infertility to make, BUT - its the best decision I ever made.
The nursing staff [Billings Clinic] are wonderful. When I had a question and had to leave a voicemail, they always got back to me the same day.... Their financial coordinator was fine and perfectly helpful. They have a good online platform where you can see your scheduled appointments and other info, and that was nice.... IUI was about $1,500 per cycle. IVF was $20,000, with medications. Our insurance didn't cover anything, and we are lucky that we can afford it.
Dr. Shomento is an absolute blessing. We are lucky to have her here in Montana - especially because there aren't a lot of options when it comes to fertility care in our rural area, yet I consider her to be the very best. I would feel lucky to be her patient even if I were in a big city and had dozens of doctors to choose from! I feel like Dr. Shomento cares about me and my partner, and she wants our treatments to work out. I think she works very hard. She is kind and professional and explains things very well.
Please, just go see her sooner rather than later! We were terrified of seeking out treatment by an expert - and we wasted a lot of time (and money) trying to figure things out with my regular OBGYN (especially because we have "unexplained" infertility). Infertility really does require a specialized skill set and tool box - and its something that I have been surprised that regular OBGYNS and GPs seemingly know next to nothing about. Dr. Shomento and her staff are the kindest medical professionals I have ever encountered - that first visit is scary for anyone facing infertility to make, BUT - its the best decision I ever made. Infertility is the hardest and most painful thing I've ever gone though, and you basically have to go through it feeling pretty isolated and scared and feeling constantly like a failure - but both my husband and I felt like we finally had someone to help us when we first met with Dr. Shomento. She gave us hope - meeting with her was the first time we could breathe it felt like in months. Even though I have been going though all kinds of treatment and surgeries since that first visit with her - NOTHING has been as hard as desperately treading water (and being heartbroken month after month after month) for the years before we had help and a plan. I love Dr. Shomento and her staff and can't recommend them enough.
Dr Shomento and her staff are very kind and caring. I always felt like they felt my treatment was important to them.
Clomid IUI, IVF, hysteroscopy
The nursing staff are wonderful. When I had a question and had to leave a voicemail, they always got back to me the same day.
I haven't had a lot of interaction with the clinic, really. Their financial coordinator was fine and perfectly helpful. They have a good online platform where you can see your scheduled appointments and other info, and that was nice.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Stacy Shomento] was thorough and extremely personable through the entire process. I never doubted her ability or decisions as she is very knowledgable and up to date on the latest studies regarding infertility...available 24/7 through all treatments to answer questions (even silly ones!) and provide details on what was happening with my body. When our first FET ended in a miscarriage she was the first person to call and send her condolences and give me a pep talk about how we would move forward. She continued to tell us that we WOULD have a baby, and that it was not a matter of if, but a matter of when. I felt like she was invested in treating my infertility and our dream of starting a family.
They [nurses at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] made this very difficult and scary time much easier and always put my mind at ease. I was in communication with someone from their office almost every day for nearly 3 years and they worked hard to maintain a positive attitude and relationship the entire time. Jess is hilarious and is a breath of fresh air with her comedic view on infertility. The other Jess (there are 3 I believe!) also went through IVF so it was nice to get advice and hear tips/tricks to make the process easier.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Shomento is the best! She was thorough and extremely personable through the entire process. I never doubted her ability or decisions as she is very knowledgable and up to date on the latest studies regarding infertility.
See her as soon as you can! Dr. Shomento restored our hope for a baby when we were about to give up. Also, stay organized! The appointments and medications can seem overwhelming. Utilize pill organizers, reminders on your phone, and a good calendar to help keep everything on track.
Dr. Shomento and her team of nurses were phenomenal! There was not a single time that I felt like a "number." Everyone was so supportive and positive while maintaining a realistic approach to treatment. Dr. Shomento was available 24/7 through all treatments to answer questions (even silly ones!) and provide details on what was happening with my body. When our first FET ended in a miscarriage she was the first person to call and send her condolences and give me a pep talk about how we would move forward. She continued to tell us that we WOULD have a baby, and that it was not a matter of if, but a matter of when. I felt like she was invested in treating my infertility and our dream of starting a family.
Treatment began with an HSG and blood work to see if there was a simple reason why we had not conceived...everything came back normal. 4 IUIs using Letrozole...we are young and this was the least invasive, best first step...no luck. Laprascopic surgery to look for endometriosis...I was having all of the tell-tale signs of endometriosis and it would explain why our IUIs were unsuccessful...no endometriosis found so we talked about our next steps, IVF. IVF Cycle begins! I responded too well to the injectable medications...we got 48 mature eggs but I also developed Ovarian Hyperstimulation. Our cycle turned into a freeze-all cycle due to the over stimulation. Dr. Shomento used ICSI and we got 7 beautiful embryos to freeze at day 5. Frozen Embryo Transfer #1 (May)...we got pregnant, but found out that the embryo did not develop properly and there was no heartbeat detected...ended in miscarriage. Frozen Embryo Transfer #2 (September)...we got pregnant and now have a beautiful baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jess)
Jess, and all of the staff at Dr. Shomento's clinic including the financial advisor, were amazing! They made this very difficult and scary time much easier and always put my mind at ease. I was in communication with someone from their office almost every day for nearly 3 years and they worked hard to maintain a positive attitude and relationship the entire time. Jess is hilarious and is a breath of fresh air with her comedic view on infertility. The other Jess (there are 3 I believe!) also went through IVF so it was nice to get advice and hear tips/tricks to make the process easier.
The clinic is just as amazing as the doctors and nurses! Everyone was welcoming and willing to answer questions. The facilities were updated and very clean! I was surprised that they remembered my husband and I and were able to greet us by name even though we had only met the receptionists twice.
Insurance mostly covered infertility treatments and medications...we have spent about $25,000 out of pocket for odds and ends that were not covered, and to meet out of pocket maximums.
Dr. Shomento recommended a single embryo transfer because of the high quality of our embryos and my age (which is on the "younger" end of patients doing IVF). We are so glad that we took her advice and only transferred a single embryo as I do not think my body would handle multiples very well.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shomento] is not judgemental and is a wonderful doctor to work with. She is very caring and compassionate...stated that, if we really wanted to, we could continue with IUI, however, statistics did not show any improved chances with our type of infertility. The ball was left in our court to decided if we wanted to proceed to IVF. When we decided to move forward with IVF, Dr. Shomento put me on a birth control pill to regulate my cycles and Metformin to help improve egg quality. Once we began the IVF treatment, she adjusted my medications, as needed, based on my hormone levels. We will know more in 2 weeks whether or not this all worked. The retrieval has been completed and we will be doing the transfer in the next few days.....
Jessica [nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine] was so pleasant to work with! She is easy-going and likes to laugh. She is very compassionate and caring...Very friendly staff, good communication, for the most part. Just make sure to ask lots of questions. They do their best to provide as much information as possible, but I'm sure it is difficult to provide information on all the aspects of fertility treatment since there is so much variation from person to person. They are good at responding to emails and voicemails within the same day, but don't always expect to be able to speak with someone right away unless it is urgent.
I have been so grateful at Dr. Shomento's willingness to explain everything. I tend to ask a lot of questions and she never made me feel like I was asking too much or that they were stupid questions in any way shape or form. She has been very compassionate and understanding. I have felt comfortable with her from day one. I especially loved the fact that, on the night of my trigger shot, she gave me her cell phone number to call if I had any questions or concerns... My trigger shot was at midnight. I ended up having a concern and she promptly responded. I felt bad for contacting her so late at night, but she did not make me feel like I was interrupting anything (ie sleep). She was super helpful and made me feel good about contacting her with my concerns. How many doctors are willing to do that?!
Just be open and honest with her every step of the way. She is not judgemental and is a wonderful doctor to work with. She is very caring and compassionate.
Dr. Shomento is very caring and thorough, willing to answer any questions and makes herself as available as possible. Her nursing staff is excellent too! I have nothing but good things to say about all of them!
We started with a plan to do IUI with the assistance of fertility drugs, after a consultation with Dr. Shomento. Although she did not do the IUI (another doctor in her office did) Dr. Shomento was there for guidance. After the IUI did not work, we took some time off from trying to conceive to assess what our next step was. Dr. Shomento stated that, if we really wanted to, we could continue with IUI, however, statistics did not show any improved chances with our type of infertility. The ball was left in our court to decided if we wanted to proceed to IVF. When we decided to move forward with IVF, Dr. Shomento put me on a birth control pill to regulate my cycles and Metformin to help improve egg quality. Once we began the IVF treatment, she adjusted my medications, as needed, based on my hormone levels. We will know more in 2 weeks whether or not this all worked. The retrieval has been completed and we will be doing the transfer in the next few days.....
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Estrada)
Jessica was so pleasant to work with! She is easy-going and likes to laugh. She is very compassionate and caring.
The IVF treatment was separate from the fertility drugs. They offer a package price for all of the IVF treatment rather than billing each individual process separately.
Dr. Shomento left the decision to us. She presented the pros and cons of each choice base on my age, etc.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Shomento really made efforts to personalize our experience with her from the very beginning. She asked us what our goals were, for the consult and long term, how much detail we wanted in explanations of our diagnoses and if we had any concerns with treatments.... At my initial consult I was on cycle day 12. Blood work showed I had an anovulatory cycle so Dr. Shomento ordered progesterone supplement to induce a cycle.
The Bozeman location [Billings Clinic Repro Med and Fertility Care] is the office we are most familiar with. I’d want new patients to know that the office has many resources for them, from nurses that cry with you when needed in sadness and in joy. There are individuals that will help navigate through the ins and outs of insurance so you can get as much coverage as possible for these services.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr Shomento was very direct and to the point in our treatment which we greatly appreciated. By the time our ttc journey had brought us to an RE we knew we wanted someone that would be blunt and tell us what we needed to hear rather than just pacify us and tell what they thought we would want to hear. She always presented information tactfully and respectfully. Finding a weakness was difficult but I guess I’d possibly say her appointments could be scheduled slightly longer but overall we had plenty of time to ask any questions we had.
Bring a notebook to take notes, she is very thorough with her answers and I liked writing her answers down to be able to look back on it later.
Dr. Shomento really made efforts to personalize our experience with her from the very beginning. She asked us what our goals were, for the consult and long term, how much detail we wanted in explanations of our diagnoses and if we had any concerns with treatments. We never felt like “just another uterus”, we really felt like she invested herself making sure we had quality care.
At my initial consult I was on cycle day 12. Blood work showed I had an anovulatory cycle so Dr. Shomento ordered progesterone supplement to induce a cycle. I had one cycle of letrozole 5 mg cycle days 3-7 and I ovulated but did not conceive. Th next cycle I had letrozole 5 mg cd 3-7, dexamethasone 2mg cd 3-14. I had a midcycle ultrasound on cd 12 and also had a trigger injection that same day. 24 hours later I had an IUI procedure using my husbands semen. Dr. Shomento had previously ordered a semen analysis on him and all of his results were within normal healthy levels.
Jess was personable and easy going. She immediately helped us feel at ease and made sure we had all the information we needed before we left. She taught me how to inject myself with medications for the trigger shot. Any time I needed to call and leave a message, Jess always returned my call as soon as possible, even staying after office hours some times to return calls.
The Bozeman location is the office we are most familiar with. I’d want new patients to know that the office has many resources for them, from nurses that cry with you when needed in sadness and in joy. There are individuals that will help navigate through the ins and outs of insurance so you can get as much coverage as possible for these services. The staff is phenomenal. The Billings location needs better signage to help patients locate the offices.
Our insurance only covered infertility diagnostic appointments, not actual treatment. I believe we paid approximately $2,000 in costs including hsg, lab work, medications, ultrasounds, IUI and semen prep.
Billings
+ Read more- Read less

Our experience with Dr. Shomento (and her entire team) has been stellar since we began working with her earlier this year. I believe she is trustworthy, and she sets up realistic expectations while still being reassuring and optimistic. She makes herself available via text message for any questions that come up after hours, which was an incredible relief to me as I tend to run a bit anxious! We have had only one setback in our plans so far, and she handled it with compassion and helped us understand why we were changing the course of treatment. I have not had any negative experiences with Dr. Shomento or her clinic.
I don't know if most clinics operate this way, but [Billings Clinic] IVF cycles only occur every other month. Having a detailed calendar ahead of time was very helpful for me, so I could plan work and my life around the clinic's schedule. If you live in Bozeman and are going to that clinic location, it's important to know that procedures like the egg retrieval and embryo transfer take place in Billings. Our experience was you will need to take an entire day to be away for those things.
I highly recommend taking her recommendation of working with a mental health counselor who specializes in infertility counseling. It has made a world of difference for me as we have gone through this process.
Dr. Shomento treated me with compassion, professionalism, and kindness. She always made time when I had questions or needed clarification. She helped me feel reassured during a very stressful time.
The nursing staff was awesome! No constructive feedback for them at all.
I don't know if most clinics operate this way, but IVF cycles only occur every other month. Having a detailed calendar ahead of time was very helpful for me, so I could plan work and my life around the clinic's schedule. If you live in Bozeman and are going to that clinic location, it's important to know that procedures like the egg retrieval and embryo transfer take place in Billings. Our experience was you will need to take an entire day to be away for those things.
$13,500 for the IVF cycle (including ICSI insemination). This did not include the cost of medications.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Shomento is personable and very easy to talk to. She explained the treatment procedure and reasons behind her decisions. During transfer and retrieval she also answers text messages directly to her...I was referred to Dr Shomento after I found I had severe endometriosis. On my first visit we were recommended to try IVF right away... In the end, we decided to stick with her for IVF treatment and are so glad we did. She is friendly, compassionate, and collaborative. I appreciate her in depth knowledge and services she is able to provide.
I think the quality of care [at Billings] could rank nationally.... Treatment does require travel but appointments are quick and on time. Transfer and retrieval are both done in billings...The nursing staff is funny and really easy to talk to. One nurse has even gone through IVF herself so it was easy to ask about her experience and recommendations. They were very organized with all the paperwork they have to fill out and pharmacies they have to communicate with
I was referred to Dr Shomento after I found I had severe endometriosis. On my first visit we were recommended to try IVF right away. We were new to infertility world so I didn't know much about it, only that it was very expensive. After that diagnosis i aso visited a naturopath to see if there were other ways around IVF. We also looked into IVF abroad. After a year of no success we went back to Dr Shomento. We asked her thoughts on abroad IVF. She said she would support us if we made that decision but with all the steps involved it would be a lot of travel. She was willing to work with another doctor, too. We also asked if we could try IUI first. She told us upfront that success would be really low with my endo. In the end, we decided to stick with her for IVF treatment and are so glad we did. She is friendly, compassionate, and collaborative. I appreciate her in depth knowledge and services she is able to provide.
Be prepared with questions ahead of time. Appointments are long and she will give you the time if you have enough questions to ask
Dr Shomento is personable and very easy to talk to. She explained the treatment procedure and reasons behind her decisions. During transfer and retrieval she also answers text messages directly to her. Her colleagues and coworkers are also personable and friendly. They are funny too!
I did IVF only. With severe endometriosis they started me on 30-day lupron, then birth control up to ovary stimulation injections. I had maybe 5 ultrasound and blood tests to monitor egg growth and a saline uterus check and practice retrieval. I triggered with HCG and then had egg retrieval in Billings 36 hours later. I was put under for egg retrieval and had no nausea or sickness afterwards. I was told immediately when I woke up how many eggs were retrieved. The next day Dr Shomento called with a fertilitization report and next steps. We changed from a possible frozen transfer because of high progesterone to a 3-day fresh transfer because of a low number of embryos. I had two 7-cell by day 3 and one 4-cell we were hoping would grow to freeze. Doc gave us picture of two 7-cells and transferred both to increase chances. I was awake for transfer and watched the two embryos go into uterus. It was really exciting to watch. The 4-cell did not make it and I'm currently waiting for a beta blood test to tell results of two transferred embryos
There aren't a lot of options in Montana, but I think the quality of care could rank nationally. Although, I've never been to another clinic so I can't compare. Treatment does require travel but appointments are quick and on time. Transfer and retrieval are both done in billings
Around $13,500 for IVF and another $4000 for meds. Also costs for lab work that insurance didn't cover
We did not ask that ahead of time. We were just hoping to get something because even though I'm young my ovaries are not because of endometriosis. Stats say we should have transferred 1 but she put both in because of the 3-day transfer to increase our chances

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Other
The clinic [Billings Clinic] was fine. It wasn't outstanding in the same way as Dr. Shomento and her staff were, but they did a good job of scheduling, getting me in in a timely manner, and facilitating the excellent care I received from my caregivers there.... Approximately $14,000 for the entire IVF procedure (stimulation, retrieval, ICSI and transfer, plus followup care), and approximately 6,000 for drugs, although I got a significant discount on the drugs through a discount program my clinic helped me apply for and my insurance covered most of the remaining cost of the drugs.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Shomento is a wonderful doctor. She is not only extremely good at what she does, she has a great bedside manner and makes herself incredibly available to her patients. I had a lot of bleeding in early pregnancy and at least two instances where I thought I had miscarried. She took my phone calls and responded to my texts (she had provided me with her cell number) at all hours and got me in on a weekend to do ultrasounds following bleeding episodes to check on the fetus. After I had transferred care to my OB, she texted me to congratulate me at 12 weeks and checked in following my due date to see if the baby had been born and how we were doing.
Don't hesitate. Use her.
Dr. Shomento and her staff were wonderful. Warm, caring, willing to take as much time as necessary to explain things, and supportive of my anxiety about the process and during early pregnancy. I had frequent bleeding during early pregnancy and Dr. Shomento gave me her personal cell number and responded to texts and phone calls - sometimes late at night - when I was going through this difficult time. Her nurses responded to all of my emailed questions and worries. They were truly amazing and went above and beyond any experience I've ever had in the medical community.
I was on Cetrotide and Menopur during the stimulation phase. I do not remember the doses, which in any case were adjusted during the process. I know I responded well enough to the medications that she lowered the doses during the stimulation phase to avoid ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome. Following retrieval I was on doxycycline, progesterone, Medrol, and cabergoline prior to embryo transfer, which occurred on day 5. Fertilization was completed via ICSI because my husband had had a vasectomy and had to have sperm surgically retrieved. Following day 5 transfer (2 embryos) I was on 1mg of progesterone per day and estrogen patches, changed every other day (not sure of dose). Prior to stimulation and throughout my first trimester I also took 81mg of aspirin daily. Prior to stimulation I had a uterine polyp removed by Dr. Shomento in preparation for IVF and at the same time she did some kind of scoring of the uterine surface, which was supposed to make it more susceptible to implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Not sure but saw Jessica Estrada most frequently)
Jessica Estrada and all of Dr. Shomento's nursing staff were wonderful. Jess in particular was funny, compassionate, endlessly patient with my anxiety and questions, and incredibly available via both phone and email.
The clinic was fine. It wasn't outstanding in the same way as Dr. Shomento and her staff were, but they did a good job of scheduling, getting me in in a timely manner, and facilitating the excellent care I received from my caregivers there.
NA - She recommended multiple transfer based on my age and I followed her recommendation to transfer 2 embryos.

PCOS, Other
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI...She didn’t care to explain anything to me or answer my questions. I asked what I could do naturally to level my hormones and I didn’t get a real answer. She just told me to continue taking Metformin and when I have enough money we will do an IUI.
Just the IUI alone [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications...They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
PCOS, Other
Strengths would be her doing this most of her career. Weakness would be what I said on the last page, she didn’t care to answer my questions or concerns. She wanted me to continue with Metformin and do an IUI.
Don’t give up. If you have a question, keep asking it until it is answered!
They had put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was so sweet and kind and so warm. She really is the reason I kept going back.
It’s expensive for the treatment you get. Especially when paying out of pocket. They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Expensive! Just the IUI alone would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care?
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shomento is professional, knowledgable, and clearly has a passion for the subject. I feel like she's on my side, and presents facts as clearly as possible. She takes time to help me understand, and provides staff to help further when necessary. She has never mislead me about the odds, and I love how faithful she is to real science. It's refreshing...very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible.
The clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too...Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me...excellent nursing staff
Dr. Shomento is very professional and upfront. The IVF process is very overwhelming and she continues to be as patient with me as possible. More importantly, she has an excellent nursing staff that complements her strengths and weaknesses, providing an excellent experience overall. Depending on what I need at the time - whether its comfort or straightforward facts - I can access someone in the clinic who can help me.
Julia and Jess are wonderful. They are accessible, honest, and compassionate. They take time to explain, and don't get tired of questions. I can call or email them anytime and always get a timely response. I don't think I could have gotten this far without them.
The clinic was fine... billing was easy, no mistakes, and its not hard to get through on the phone. Christine McDonnell, PA, is often the first provider a patient sees, and she's great too. I didn't have as much exposure to her as the others so I have less to say.
15,000, not including medications.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shomento is very easy to talk to, and understand the frustrations that come with infertility. She was never rushed when we were meeting with her, as she took the time to answer all of our questions.... I did three IUI's with Dr. Shomento. I am not located in Bozeman, so before the IUI's I was able to do a lot of the prep work in Helena. I received all of my injections through a mail order pharmacy, and filled other medications locally.
The clinic [Billings Clinic- Bozeman] was great to work with for scheduling and appointments. The only issue we has was with one billing cycle, and that occurred because the clinic updated to a new billing system. The staff worked willingly with us to resolve this issue.... The primary nurse that we worked with was Jess. She was quick to call me back when I had questions or was ready to begin the process for IUI. She makes you feel very comfortable and has a great personality.
Make sure to ask all of the questions you have or express how you are feeling.
She was very thorough with us and took the time to answer all of our questions.
I did three IUI's with Dr. Shomento. I am not located in Bozeman, so before the IUI's I was able to do a lot of the prep work in Helena. I received all of my injections through a mail order pharmacy, and filled other medications locally. We ended up not getting pregnant during our three IUI's.
The clinic was great to work with for scheduling and appointments. The only issue we has was with one billing cycle, and that occurred because the clinic updated to a new billing system. The staff worked willingly with us to resolve this issue.
Between everything that I had to have done for an IUI - medications, ultrasounds, and IUI, we were paying between $700-$800 out of pocket. Our insurance did not cover anything.
Dr. Shomento recommends doing three IUI's and if you do not get pregnant, looking into IVF.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Shomento makes a point to make a personal connection. She makes all follow up ohone calls and texts directly with the patient...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could. She is compassionate, positive, and knowledable. She explains everything thoroughly, and if you ever have a question, she welcomes you to call or text her personal cell phone. She responds quickly and with care.
[Costs at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] $3500 frozen embryo transfer...$13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications...I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal...We've had a successful IVF treatment and an unsuccessful one, and even with the recent failure, I know Dr. Shomento did the very best she could.
2016 - 2019
Just fo see her! Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is patient and makes sure you have a clear understanding off her answer.
25 units Lupron 2x a day 300 ml Follistim 150 ml Menopur Also used testosterone, ganirelix, clomid
Not much to say except I appreciated that that exam rooms were void of cute baby pictures and pregnancy magazines. Those are tough to see when you're struggling so hard with infertility. Check in was always prompt and wait time was minimal.
$3500 frozen embryo transfer $13500 IVF cycle + preliminary appointments such as saline sonogram, lab tests, trial transfer, medications

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Stacy [Shomento] was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision....We did a retrieval in January and used a variety of medications from Lupron and Follistim to HCG. I responded very well to the drugs. We retrieved 18 follicles and had to do a frozen cycle because of a polyp that formed.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med] and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience....On several occasions I experienced issues with lab orders or ultrasound orders being received by the individuals undertaking them....Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Stacy was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision.
Try not to sell things so much (hubby’s comment)
She was down to earth and clearly explained things
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Anicee)
Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much of her time if you asked questions. She also did not know my chart or what I had or had not done when it came to consent forms which was frustrating. Bloodwork sometimes was hard to get whether it be at my facility or by the staff ordering it.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience.
The costs were $13,500 which did not include the meds or labs.
Dr preferred quality over quantity.
1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Overall, I have had a positive experience with Dr. Shomento. (Our journey is not over yet. We will continue on with her for our surrogacy journey.) She explained everything and was directive in her protocol for us. I've appreciated that she has a very positive and reassuring attitude.... She has a very strong view on eSET and does not promote multiple embryo transfers... Dr. Shomento and her staff have listened to my concerns and have stayed positive about my process and results. They will explain things when I ask.
[Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertiliy Care's] Strengths: Very friendly and personable. Made me feel like a human. Good at explaining things and answering questions. They definitely have a system and know what they are doing. Weaknesses: I think it would be helpful if they created a document that outlines the process and how long to expect between things for IVF/surrogacy newbies. It's usually a lot of information to take in at each appointment, so it would be helpful to have some kind of timeline/process documentation.
1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Make sure to take notes and ask all your questions.
I did IVF
Everyone was very friendly and supportive!
$16K for a surrogacy IVF journey
+ Read more- Read less

I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor [Dr. Stacy Shomento] thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts... Dr. Shomento was always very professional and took the time to explain everything. She was very matter of fact about what she thought our best course of action would be for conceiving. She provided me with her cell phone number in case any questions arose during treatment and the clinic was not open
Clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in... Medications for stimulation alone cost about $5000, $10000 for egg retrieval and all the ultrasounds performed beforehand. Will pay another $3500 for frozen transfer. Also had to travel 3 hours for apts and still receiving bills for lab draws.
Both doctor shomento and her nurses always treated me with kindness and were always available for support or to answer questions.
I did a medium stim protocol and didn’t do as well as they doctor thought I would going into it. Used ganirelix, follistim, menopur, and triggered with hcg and lupron. Retrieval of 10 follicles, 8 mature ended the cycle with 2 frozen blastocysts
Julia and Jessica are awesome nurses and always had a smiling face and made everything a little bit easier.
Clinic shares their office with ob/gyn office so surrounded by lots of pregnant people which is sometimes hard for those struggling to conceive. All office staff are friendly and quick to get you checked in.
Planned fet for November 2018 doctor Shomento plans to transfer 1 embryo due to my age and overall health but did give option of 2. Dr prefers to do just 1 as to avoid the risks of a multiple pregnancy.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I had a 45 minute consolation where she [Dr. Shomento] explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies...She never acts like she is too busy to take a question from you and gets back to you really fast. I feel as if she 100% cares about everyone in her care and goes out of her way to assist you in what ever you need...It was suggested to only transfer one embryo but would allow 2 but strongly recommends against it
The resources are limited and everyone in the area must travel to the main hospital in Billings Montana on retrieval day. The number of patients that the clinic is allowed to treat at one time is limited and the frequency of the cycles is also limited. If for some reason your cycle is canceled, then you will be waiting months to start again...Jess [nurse] was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
Endometriosis, Unexplained
None, shes a great doctor!
I had a 45 minute consolation where she explained everything and was even give her cell phone number in case of emergencies.
i do not remember
Jess was extremely organized and made amazing calendars that outlined you treatment plan. Her personality was absolutely amazing and cared so much about all the patients there. She was an extraordinary nurse!
$14500 plus medications

Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shomento] took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable...She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments....First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination. Then i han laproscopy/hystroscopy by another doctor in my town. Our final treatment I was on Clomid, follistem and ovidril
The clinic [Billings Clinic ] was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable...We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high....One appointment they forgot to tell the lab we were coming so they wouldn't let my husband "make his deposit"...[Nursing Staff] Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them...First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments. I don't know what else to say. It sucks and I cry a lot
She's amazing. But IUI is a gamble
She took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable
Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them
The clinic was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable. I really don't knoknow what else to say. We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
The staff is better than the clinic [Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care]. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic...First cycle was antagonist. We had very poor results with egg quality, so before recommending a different lab or donor eggs, she suggested we try long lupron. It did not work either for us.
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Shomento treats each patient like an individual. You are not a number. She gives her patients her cell phone number in case they need anything after hours during a cycle. She is very dedicated, and shows immense compassion. She truly cares about the outcome of each cycle and makes you feel at ease during the uncertainty.
Why isn't she your doctor yet?
Shomento knows each patient individually and designs treatment around your needs.
Jessica was the best! She is sadly not with the clinic any longer, but she was literally the best part of going to each appointment there.
The staff is better than the clinic. The clinic is very organized, but makes you feel more like a number. I felt almost rushed out of the surgery center after my retreivals. They do a proficient job, however, I just prefer the staff over the clinic.
13,500 for IVF
+ Read more- Read less

I could feel that she [Dr. Shomento] sincerely cared about me and my infertility... I only saw her for a short period but she did a lot for me in that time. She found my endometriosis and preferred my first surgery to remove it. She was compassionate about the journey we had been one. I could tell she had my body are a priority to her and the healing of it.... I felt very cared for. I felt safe. I knew I was being treated by professionals who had experience and knew what they were doing. I would happily return to this doctor if I were still in the area. The whole experience was accommodating.
They [Billings Clinic Nursing Staff] were all very professional and caring... I felt very cared for. I felt safe. I knew I was being treated by professionals who had experience and knew what they were doing. I would happily return to this doctor if I were still in the area. The whole experience was accommodating.... I only saw her [Dr. Shomento] for a short period but she did a lot for me in that time. She found my endometriosis and preferred my first surgery to remove it.
I could feel that she sincerely cared about me and my infertility
They were all very professional and caring