Good

Billings, MT 59105
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Stacy Shomento] put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI...She didn’t care to explain anything to me or answer my questions. I asked what I could do naturally to level my hormones and I didn’t get a real answer. She just told me to continue taking Metformin and when I have enough money we will do an IUI.
Just the IUI alone [at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine and Fertility Care] would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications...They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Strengths would be her doing this most of her career. Weakness would be what I said on the last page, she didn’t care to answer my questions or concerns. She wanted me to continue with Metformin and do an IUI.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Don’t give up. If you have a question, keep asking it until it is answered!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
They had put me on Metformin, told me to come in the first day of my period. Took my blood and took it about a week later (ovulation time). Did ultrasounds to check my eggs and put me on a weeks worth of progesterone. And told me to come back in for an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
Jessica was so sweet and kind and so warm. She really is the reason I kept going back.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
It’s expensive for the treatment you get. Especially when paying out of pocket. They don’t offer any cash pay discount, the front office isn’t the best at time management. The lady who took my blood had to poke me 6 different times and told me to go out into the waiting room and drink some water.. she came back out and got me 20 minutes later and ended up having to have someone else take my blood.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Expensive! Just the IUI alone would have been close to $600 and that’s not including the blood work, ultra sounds, and medications
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
When calling I wouldn’t get a response until about 3 days later.
Bozeman
Stacy [Shomento] was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision....We did a retrieval in January and used a variety of medications from Lupron and Follistim to HCG. I responded very well to the drugs. We retrieved 18 follicles and had to do a frozen cycle because of a polyp that formed.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med] and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience....On several occasions I experienced issues with lab orders or ultrasound orders being received by the individuals undertaking them....Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much
Stacy was very informative and able to diagnose my issue. She explained everything in detail and made sure that we knew our course of treatment. She was very open and provided us with information to make the best decision.
Try not to sell things so much (hubby’s comment)
She was down to earth and clearly explained things
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Anicee)
Anicee was very nice in person but over the phone it felt like you were taking too much of her time if you asked questions. She also did not know my chart or what I had or had not done when it came to consent forms which was frustrating. Bloodwork sometimes was hard to get whether it be at my facility or by the staff ordering it.
Great overall and timely. Had a great experience. Procedures were timely and I was informed of any risks or issues in advance. Staff and team worked hard to ensure great results and a great experience.
The costs were $13,500 which did not include the meds or labs.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Dr preferred quality over quantity.
Bozeman
She [Dr. Shomento] took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable...She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments....First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination. Then i han laproscopy/hystroscopy by another doctor in my town. Our final treatment I was on Clomid, follistem and ovidril
The clinic [Billings Clinic ] was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable...We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high....One appointment they forgot to tell the lab we were coming so they wouldn't let my husband "make his deposit"...[Nursing Staff] Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them...First 3 cycles I was on letrozol then ovadrill before insemination.
She was Very friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable and delicate but straightforward with info. We were not successfull with any of our treatments. I don't know what else to say. It sucks and I cry a lot
She's amazing. But IUI is a gamble
She took the time to talk us through everything. Very friendly and petsonable
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Creating us by name and with hugs. Letting me cry all over them
The clinic was comfortable. Staff were kind and knowledgeable. I really don't knoknow what else to say. We're still trying to put the pieces back together after 4 failed IUIs and having our hopes so high.
4 failed IUIS. One appointment they forgot to tell the lab we were coming so they wouldn't let my husband "make his deposit"