Good

Billings, MT 59105
925 Highland Boulevard
Bozeman, MT 59715

2018, Consult
Dr. Shomento was wonderful to meet with. She really took her tie with me, was very thorough, and had a warm caring personality. She also listened, was patient, and allowed me to ask all my written down questions about the lab stats, which I got from Fertility IQ. She was honest and forthcoming with her opinion of me and treatments she'd recommend, and the reasons why. It was not what I wanted to hear, but she delivered it in a direct, but respectful and kind way.
The Lab [Billings Clinic Reproductive Med and Fertility Care] seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.... The way they billed the appointment for a visit and ultrasound, insurance didn't cover much, and My bill is around $591. I have been to other doctors, done the exact same things, and only had to pay a copay. I'm requesting they re-evaluate the appointment and see if they can code it differently for more coverage, but have not heard back.
How was your experience with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Dr. Shomento was great. I felt she was caring, kind, a good listener, she was thorough in helping me understand my situation, and was respectful as well. I really liked her, and if the decision for where to do IVF was purely based on the doctor, and their likability, I would hands down go to her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Do your research ahead of time and come with questions. Expect to spend a good amount of time with Dr. Shomento, who will be straight forward and thorough, and take time answering your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Stacy Shomento used in your cycles at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I saw Dr. Shomento for a consultation. She walked me through my numbers and odds of getting pregnant naturally (not good) as well as with treatment. With only one tube, an ectopic pregnancy in my past, a low ovarian reserve, and low follicle count, she pretty much jumped right into recommending IVF as my best option to have success in becoming pregnant. She was also blunt about the odds of likely only getting one egg out of one IVF round, based on only having 7 follicles, but felt very confident that if we did get one, it should implant successfully.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
I only met with the nurse once, briefly, and have spoken ver the phone with her a couple times, She's super nice, makes you feel like you're a friend, and makes you feel like she's there for you.
Describe your experience with Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Dr. Shomento and her nurse seemed excellent. They were likable, patient, good listeners, experienced, etc. The Lab seems more mixed. They had a great fertilization rate, used desktop incubators, and seemed to be doing everything right. However when I asked about how many eggs reach the blastocyst stage she said only 35% of eggs get to there, and more specifically 50% of day 3's get to day 5. That seems pretty low.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacy Shomento at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Describe Stacy Shomento's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
She suggested only doing one embryo transfer with me, which makes sense, since I am young and have a healthy uterus, and would rather not end up with twins.
Stacy Shomento

2018 - 2022, Unknown Success
We are just starting treatment [with Dr. Stacy Shomento] and I am interested to see how it plays out. So far things are going well. My first experience was not positive but I am more hopeful this time...I first saw Dr. Shomento in 2018 and at that time I felt like she was more concerned with my weight then wit talking about what could be done to help us have a baby. We have returned to her this year 2022 and the experience has been more positive.
Overall I like Billings Clinic OB/GYN. I feel like the staff is helpful and very responsive. It's a clean place and very welcoming. I can't think of any weakness at this time...Dr. Shomento's PA was/is very helpful and I feel like she really cares and listens....
We are just starting treatment and I am interested to see how it plays out. So far things are going well. My first experience was not positive but I am more hopeful this time. I felt like the first time she wasn't seeing the person just that I was fat. It did turn me off to wanting to be treated by her. This time I feel like she is more open.
Be open and ask all the questions
We are just starting. We did a tubal study and found out that they are both blocked now we are starting the process for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
Overall I like Billings Clinic OB/GYN. I feel like the staff is helpful and very responsive. It's a clean place and very welcoming. I can't think of any weakness at this time. I am excited to see how things play out this time around.
The only cost I have paid currently is a fee for my first appointment. I am not sure what the other costs will be yet.
What specific things went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Billings Clinic Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Care.
I scheduled an appointment and was told one time when the appointment was scheduled but it was scheduled at a different time causing me to miss the appointment.
Stacy Shomento