Medical SchoolU. of Oklahoma
FellowshipU. of Oklahoma
115 E. 15th Street
Tulsa, OK 74119
918.359.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stanley Prough to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tulsa Fertility Center to a friend?
At the first visit Dr. Prough came off as very straight forward and a little cold. You could tell he was very intelligent but would break down information for you to understand. Every visit after that Dr. Prough was all smiles and very personable. I don’t feel at any point he gave us false hope.... In the beginning Dr. Prough said he wanted to do a fresh transfer because my hormones look good and my health is good. He did explain that if I became overstimulated that I would have to do a frozen transfer. I was on Gonal-F 150 units in the morning and 100 units at night.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
At the first visit Dr. Prough came off as very straight forward and a little cold. You could tell he was very intelligent but would break down information for you to understand. Every visit after that Dr. Prough was all smiles and very personable. I don’t feel at any point he gave us false hope. The whole IVF process is very confusing and can be difficult to understand at some points. Dr. Prough did a good job explaining the procedures to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Don’t judge Dr.Prough by your first appointment. It takes some time to warm up to him. He is caring and compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. Prough was very straight forward with what was going to happen and your changes of getting pregnant. His bedside manner was great. Always smiling and asking how you are at every visit. He always explains procedures before and during the procedure. Dr. Prough also always has time to answer your questions. I never felt rushed.
Describe the protocols Stanley Prough used in your cycles at Tulsa Fertility Center and their degree of success.
In the beginning Dr. Prough said he wanted to do a fresh transfer because my hormones look good and my health is good. He did explain that if I became overstimulated that I would have to do a frozen transfer. I was on Gonal-F 150 units in the morning and 100 units at night. We went for weekly appointments to check labs and ultrasounds. I was on Cetrotide once a day for 4 days. I had some bruising from the injections but no side effects. When my labs and ultrasounds looked good I took my Trigger shot on 1/25/18 and did my retrieval on 1/27/18. On day 5 I had my transfer 2/1/18. The night of my transfer I started Progesterone I oil, which I would be on until I was 9-10 weeks. I went back for my pregnancy test on 2/12/18. They called me that afternoon to let me know it was positive. They said I would have to come back in a week for another test. They informed me that I would be doing weekly ultrasounds with Dr. Prough until I was 9-10 weeks. After that I would be released to my doctor. The Progesterone injections make me a little nauseous and the bruising in painful. I will happily continue the injections to keep my little miracle healthy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Johnson )
I was very informed at every step of the process except for one. No one at the clinic informed me that I needed to have a full bladder for the SIS/TT. So when I showed up to the clinic I had to sit there are chug water. The staff did apologize that I was not sent the patient instructions. The staff the would take you back to the room was kind of cold and not sociable. Every now and then there would be a different person that would help. Belinda, Dr. Prough’s Nurse, was always kind and helpful. The patient care coordinator, Amanda Johnson, always called me back in a timely manner and was very helpful. The front desk receptionist was very inviting and nice at every visit. Overall the staff was great.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The clinic all together was great. I was informed on what I would owe at the next visit. The clinic was clean. A few times they were running a little late and I would have to wait but all together I got in and out of my appointments very fast.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Tulsa Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments were hard on my work schedule. They do all of their monitoring appointment and labs the first appointments of the day. This worked out perfect for my schedule because I could get here early then get backboard to work by noon. I live 2 hours from the clinic so it’s difficult because you are spending 4 hours driving for every appointment. At one point I was going for monitoring appointments every other day. The appointments were only about 15 minutes and it flowed well. My work worked well with me which made this process even easier.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center.
All of my appointments before starting IVF were approximately $300 every visit. My insurance did not pay for anything. My SIS/TT was $895. My genetic testing was $80. We paid $10,000 for IVF and $5,600 for medication. We have had to refill the Progesterone in oil twice which is $120 for 2 vials. My last 2 visits with Dr. Prough have been OB Ultrasounds and I paid $198 for both. I have 2 more OB ultrasounds, which will be $198 a piece, then I will be released to my doctor. On top of all of those costs I also have to pay for gas for every visit. I drive a total of 4 hours for each appointment and miss a half day of work, sometimes a whole day of it’s a later appointment.
Describe Stanley Prough's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tulsa Fertility Center.
From the first visit Dr. prough made it very clear that he will only transfer a total of 2 embryos. He was fine with transferring one but would not do more than 2. My husband and I were completely fine with this information because we would not want to transfer more than 2. That is not safe for the mother or baby. I only transferred one embryo because that is all that I had. We did not have any to freeze.
Tulsa
Dr. Prough is very "cut to the chase". He was frank and honest with us after we had suffered through infertility for 5 years, while I didn't necessarily feel like just another number to him I would certainly say that he keeps his emotions out of his work.... Months before we started stims, Dr. Prough chose for us to do a FET because of the likelihood that I would experience OHSS due to my PCOS. I started Gonal-F on November 21st of 2017 and 2 weeks later he had me add Cetrotide before prescribing me 2 Lupron trigger shots for my December 5th retrieval.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Prough after our 6th failed IUI and our 12th failed medicated cycle, he was clearly agitated with the over 200 pages of my medical history and he was very frank with us in telling us why every other treatment we had done had not worked and why my previous doctors had been wrong. As you can imagine, I was overly emotional in our initial meeting and I misinterpreted his honesty. I now know that his frustration was not with me but with the unnecessary things I had been put through. During my appointments Dr. Prough is thorough but he is expedient, he certainly doesn't hold your hand through every step. He answered every question and concern that I had and never made me feel like a burden but, often, the appointment was over before I could remember my questions. (His staff is very helpful and easily accessible through the patient portal so I was always able to ask all of my questions when I remembered them.) I am now nearly 6 weeks pregnant after our FET and I have no doubt in my mind that it is due to Dr. Prough's expertise. There was never a surprise during my cycles and he seemed to be able to anticipate exactly what my body would do. While I know that his style of "doctoring" might not be everyone's cup of tea, I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who is experiencing infertility because I believe that if he could help almost anyone to achieve pregnancy. He may come across as cold but I see him as a no-nonsense doctor who truly wants his patients to reach their goals.
I would advise any new patient to go in with an open mind and to expect complete honesty.
Months before we started stims, Dr. Prough chose for us to do a FET because of the likelihood that I would experience OHSS due to my PCOS. I started Gonal-F on November 21st of 2017 and 2 weeks later he had me add Cetrotide before prescribing me 2 Lupron trigger shots for my December 5th retrieval. It's my understanding that he chose for me to do 2 triggers because patients with PCOS are harder to trigger. After my retrieval my estradiol was over 3500 so his choice for me to do a frozen transfer was spot on. I started Lupron on February 2, 2018. He then added baby asprin, SEildenafil, and Estradiol on the 13th. I finished the Sildenafil and Lupron part of the protocol on the 27th and he had me start the PIO on the 28th in preparation for my March 5th transfer. On March 15th my 1st HCG Beta was 100.8 and on the 22nd it had risen to 3136.3. I will be 6 weeks pregnant on the 29th and will have my first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yesenia)
Yesenia has never been unkind but I have not been pleased with her communication, however, most of our communication has been over the patient portal and I recognize that sometimes that can be misinterpreted. While I believe that she is very efficient at her job, I felt that Yesenia lacked the kind of warmth and compassion that I had hoped for during this sensitive and emotional time of my life.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I was not entirely impressed with the front desk staff at Tulsa Fertility Clinic, as the "face" of the clinic I would hope for more positive attitudes and enthusiasm. The phlebotomist is lovely and made the unpleasantness of having my blood drawn seem nil. The financial department was always very helpful.
Tulsa
Dr. Prough was very detailed and went over every single aspect so u knew exactly what was happening or going to happen. Was very good at listening or answering any questions to make u understand in case u didn't. Was very honest and didn't beat around the bush....He always explains very well and detailed and will talk to u as long as needed. Never felt rushed like just another number to get in and out. Very helpful and understanding.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
From day one we sat down and went over every detail and talked about what we have previously done. He then was very eager to start in on blood test, egg test, sperm test and numerous u/s with me having a irregular menstrual cycle. we previously did Clomid, and femara with our 1st doctor we did from 50 to 200 on Clomid and that didn't work. then we did one round of femara and they sent us to Dr. Stanley Prough. We currently have done every test and everything needed with Dr. Stanley Prough. All we are waiting on now is trying to figure out funding so we can start IVF then we can proceed to trying to complete our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jazzmine)
Every time I had a question or needed anything they answered it and was very helpful and very quick response time. If i needed anything they set it up as quick as they could. Very detailed and explained things well.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
They make u feel like u matter and are very important like u are their only patient. They are very honest and very helpful. They are quick at getting tests or procedures set up and very nice and caring staff.
I don't remember what everything cost exactly off the top. Had to pay for egg test, sperm test, genetic testing, every ultrasound,medications, and a 25 copay every time we had an appt and many other expenses.
yes he said when we got to that he would only implant 2 at a time.
Tulsa
Dr. Prough was fair in his treatment. I was a little dismayed by his once commenting that because of my age (39 at the time), my eggs may be old, because I know plenty of women my age that conceive all the time. But other than that, he was always direct, open, honest & compassionate in my care. Dr. Prough is a 'shoot-from-the-hip' kind of guy. He's caring without being too mushy & in his feelings & he seems to want your journey to pregnancy to be successful.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Be ready to take in a LOT of information very quickly! Dr. Prough can speak really quickly about some things because he's so well versed in his area. Write down terms you don't know and ask questions...he's receptive to giving more information as needed. But he talks fast, so be ready and pay attention!
Dr. Prough was very up front with all treatment...very direct. He never made me feel sorry for myself & was totally understanding in my frustrations with not being able to conceive.
Dr. Prough said I had a good egg reserve for my age, but he was just unsure of the quality of my eggs. I'd had 3 unsuccessful IUI's and he said the best way to know the quality of my eggs is to do IVF, where they can be seen &monitored more microscopically. After my last failed IUI, Dr. Prough was still confident in my reception of the fertility drugs (Clomid & Trigger shot), so he recommended another IUI, but financially, we didn't want risk another disappointment after 3 months in a row.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jazmine)
Jazmine is the sweetest, most sincere nurse I've EVER worked with in my life! She's compassionate, caring, thorough, & effective in her treatment. If anything, I miss going to Tulsa to see her...she was the best!!!!!
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I think this clinic is really good at what they do! I think they're efficient & caring. The front desk staff (Jamie) is on task, my nurse (Jazmine) is great, & Dr. Prough is awesome to work with as well. It's been a good experience working with that team...they're just so far away from us (2 hours) & the cost of treatment was wearing us down a bit.
I paid for office visits, blood work, medications that were shipped to me, sperm donor, & IUI procedures.
Not applicable.
Tulsa
Dr. Prough knows his stuff. He has been doing this for years and you can tell that he is experienced in the field of fertility. He knew what was wrong with me before doing the testing. He was professional to an extent, there were some comments that were questionable.... I wish he would have pushed more with IVF and explain that it is the only thing that will work but instead we wasted money doing IUI.... The biggest thing with him and his comments were that he made me feel like a kid who makes bad choices.
European, Other
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. Prough knows his stuff. He has been doing this for years and you can tell that he is experienced in the field of fertility. He knew what was wrong with me before doing the testing. He was professional to an extent, there were some comments that were questionable. He was not always clear on what was going on. He kind of assumed someone else would tell us or that we already knew. We decided to do IUI first even though he said that IVF was the way to go with our issues. I wish he would have pushed more with IVF and explain that it is the only thing that will work but instead we wasted money doing IUI. Sometimes he was talkative and sometimes he was not. When it was a busy day it his bedside manner would take a back seat and he would be all professional to do what was needed and be done. The biggest thing with him and his comments were that he made me feel like a kid who makes bad choices. With that, I respect him because of his knowledge.
It takes a little while to warm up to Dr. Prough and the way he runs things. Listen to what he has to say while also ignoring his snide comments.
There were some times that it was personalized and other times where they were so busy that I felt like just another number walking in and out of the door to them.
He ordered for me to be on clomid and I questioned that because I had been on it for four rounds previously when he said that he wanted to use the ultrasound to see what clomid did, so I said okay. We did two rounds of IUI with this along with a trigger shot (Ovidrel) to make me ovulate. He did suggest from the results that we had to go straight to IVF, but we did not feel like he exaggerated enough the seriousness of how much we would need to do IVF. His response was that it wont hurt to do IUI. If I had known how serious it was that we needed IVF that is what we would have chose first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Belinda)
The worst part of my experience at Tulsa fertility was one of the nurses of Dr. Prough. She was horrible to communicate to and almost never understood the questions I asked through the online portal and then didn't answer the other half of my questions. She too assumed I knew all of this prior to even doing any of it. Because of her lack of putting in the request for the IUI patient ed stuff we were put off weeks before we could start.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Again, like I have said it mainly has to do with them assuming that we knew what door to go to or where to sit to get my blood drawn. And it was always about the money at the front desk and half the time if you asked them a question they would tell me to ask my nurse.
At the time of seeing Dr. Prough, we had fertility coverage on our insurance so the first appointment of $290 was covered except for our $80 copay. Then he requested an ultrasound that cost $465 that my insurance eventually ended up paying so we had credit that helped for the first IUI and appointments then our second IUI insurance paid most except $385. Between blood draw fees and copays with all the appointments we spend almost $1,200 at this clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He was professional, not warm or cold. Just doing his job, I respect that...He would go into details on complications, medicine, and the plan if pressed but doesn't seem to subscribe to updated science and technology. He didn't want to change protocol after retrieving fewer eggs than he originally thought he could get. Just wanted to try the same thing again, expecting different results. He's old school, and it shows.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Record your conversations so you can research and discuss your concerns at the next visit.
He was professional, not warm or cold. Just doing his job, I respect that.
Follistim 200 units 2x a day, Ganirelix 250 mcg I had 12 eggs, 7 were empty, 3 were too mature and 2 became 5 day Blasts. He originally thought we could get 6 good eggs. But when pushed it took him 2 meetings to agree to up my meds to 250 and retrieve one day earlier.
Everyone from the front desk to the transfer staff was unfriendly, talked to you as if you should know what they know, made you wait until the last minute of the day to return a call or email, any information that was given to you had no page numbers or sections of when it is applicable to your cycle so you were stuck rereading 40 pages everytime you had a question because you never knew what page it would be on, the nurse who called me to tell me my transfer did not result in a pregnancy was the most chipper, and happy person, as if she was calling to tell me I won the lottery, but then said it didn't take and wanted to schedule a follow-up with the Doctor in the same breath. Highly inappropriate with ZERO compassion. I hated every interaction with the staff.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I feel the clinic and staff are stuck in the late 90's with their technology and knowledge. Their support and office structure is not set up to make patients feel accommodated and cared for. Everything from the awkward waiting room to the billing, and the final results makes you feel like a number and all they want is your money.
Around $15,000. $5,000. of which were meds.
Tulsa
Dr Prough has always been very sensiive and honest with us.... We were completely blind going into first see Dr Prough. His approach is thourough and he want you to know every in and out of the process. He also helped me to stay hopeful during such a daunting time... First IUI: Letrozole for 5 days, followed by 50 units of Follistem and Ovitril trigger. Progesterone suppositories on day 4 after IUI. Result: negative test
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Be prepared to get the entire truth. He is so honest but he honestly wants the same goal you do
Dr Prough has always been very sensiive and honest with us.
First IUI: Letrozole for 5 days, followed by 50 units of Follistem and Ovitril trigger. Progesterone suppositories on day 4 after IUI. Result: negative test Second IUI: Letrozole for 5 days, followed by 75 units of follistem and Ovitril trigger. Progesterone suppositories on day 2 after IUI. Result: negative. SIS following second IUI and no issues Third IUI: same as second
All nurses have been very sweet. However, they will only communicate via the Patient Portal which can be confusing and difficult at times
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
So far the only gripe I have is the financial department. They have not explained things very well for my upcoming IVF process. Even after I have told them how I need information for loan reasons. They would wait over a week before responding to me. Just frustrating when it’s such a time sensitive event
My insurance (United HealthCare) doesn’t cover fertility treatment. Every thing has been out pocket. Each visits has costed anywhere from $180-$250 not counting the actual treatment and meds
Dr Prough said he wants us to do a FET and will do a single transfer
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Prough was incredible.. He ran every test I asked for and then some. He was positive and determined to help us carry a baby. He immediately started a treatment plan for a huge cyst I had and did other tests while it shrank. His goal was for me to conceive quickly, and as soon as he shrunk the cyst, we jumped into our first cycle and we did. He wanted IUI but was okay with our plan to try injectables alone first while we saved up. We conceived the first try. He was so reassuring at every appointment.
2013 - 2014
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
We couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He ran every test I asked for and then some. He was positive and determined to help us carry a baby. He immediately started a treatment plan for a huge cyst I had and did other tests while it shrank. His goal was for me to conceive quickly, and as soon as he shrunk the cyst, we jumped into our first cycle and we did. He wanted IUI but was okay with our plan to try injectables alone first while we saved up. We conceived the first try. He was so reassuring at every appointment. I had a lot of trauma from past OB's standing by and watching as I miscarried multiple times, and he was so understanding of my fears. We're eternally grateful for him.
Trust his plan, but don't be afraid to try the smaller steps (like meds alone) first. And speak up for what you want because he'll listen and alter his plan to accomdate it.
Dr Prough was incredible. His excitement for our pregnancy was palpable. He was joyous during each ultrasound and such a light when I was worried.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Everyone was kind and helpful. My favorite person in the entire facility was the older lab tech. She picked me up and was one of the most positive people I've ever met. I wish I had told her how much she meant to me, and I'll never forget her holding my vials in her hand and saying she was believing for a positive result. I was feeling so down and needed someone to believe with me. I looked forward to seeing her every time.
2010 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
He made us feel loved and welcomed. He cried when we cried and rejoiced when we rejoiced. Dr Prough went above and beyond with every visit to make sure we got the care we needed. He picked up where other doctors left off and fixed mistakes others had made....We used birth control, follistim, lupron, ganirelix, hcg, estrogen and progesterone.... He always remembered us no matter how long it had been since we saw him last.
2010 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr Prough became very invested in us and it just to make his numbers look good. He made us feel loved and welcomed. He cried when we cried and rejoiced when we rejoiced. Dr Prough went above and beyond with every visit to make sure we got the care we needed. He picked up where other doctors left off and fixed mistakes others had made.
No advice needed. He's great.
When we lost our first baby at 16 weeks he cried with us. When we lost our second baby at 16 weeks he cried with us again and did everything in his power to help us figure out why. He always remembered us no matter how long it had been since we saw him last.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center.
Most of our coordination was through our patient portal/online. She was wonderful and quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Everyone is organized and very rarely does someone not know an answer. They are quick to find out if they don't know and the ball is never dropped. Everyone from the receptionist to the nurses and the doctors are extremely helpful.
Our IVF cycle with ICSI was around $15,000, epididymal aspiration was about $3,000, anesthesia was $500 per person, FET was about $4,500
Tulsa
Dr. Prough started me on a medicine so I would start my period, since I have PCOS I would never know when it was going to come. After my period they would do an ultrasound to make sure I had follicles developing. Then I started on fertility drugs. First clomid then follisum, then my trigger shot...He also explained everything to where we could understand what was going on. He also is really good at showing compassion, there were several times he would give me a hug at the end of the appointment and let me know we would figure this out.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
I came to see Dr.Prough to get a second opinion, after hearing nothing but bad news for 7 months. He looked at my chart said he wanted to do some testing and he would have a plan for us in a month. He kept his promise, he looked at our results and told us we were a perfect candidate for an IUI. He also explained everything to where we could understand what was going on. He also is really good at showing compassion, there were several times he would give me a hug at the end of the appointment and let me know we would figure this out.
Do it!! If you are thinking about a second opinion he is your guy! I was pregnant within three months of seeing him!!
Dr. Prough takes the time to answer your questions and gives you hope everything will work out.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
They return calls within a timely manner. They are good making sure new patients get in quickly
2011 - 2014
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He gives it to you straight and goes through every possible alternative before making major decisions, such as ivf. I appreciated his bluntness because I needed answers...
2011 - 2014
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
He was/is an amazing doctor. He gives it to you straight and goes through every possible alternative before making major decisions, such as ivf. I appreciated his bluntness because I needed answers and to figure out why this was happening to me. I ended up having two pregnancies, one was with a fresh cycle, the other was a transfer and both miraculously got pregnant on the first try.
Be patient. It's a very long process of trying to figure out the reasonings of why you can't get pregnant. He will try everything he can to figure out the cause and give it to you straight. So be prepared for that. He is absolutely the sweetest. My insurance wasn't covering some things and he personally called my insurance company and tried to negotiate and writing letters of medical nessesscity to get it approved. He goes above and beyond!
Yes, TFCs team was awesome! They were always so kind and caring and rooted us on!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: yes, can't remember her name. she was great.)
They were so friendly and always positive. They emailed me personally for things they needed or called.
Tulsa
He [Dr. Stanley Prough] is always very honest and realistic with us and was warm and empathetic. I feel like he is up to date with current procedures. He was not very supportive of alternative medicine, which I would like...I always felt like he understand the emotional side of everything and gave us realistic advice. It helped that he had been through IVF with his wife and had experienced it.
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
He is always very honest and realistic with us and was warm and empathetic. I feel like he is up to date with current procedures. He was not very supportive of alternative medicine, which I would like.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
I love Amanda!! She was warm and compassionate and always responded quickly on the portal.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The communication between the different departments like finance and nurses and front desk was not very good. We often had to repeat our requests or repeat our situation to several different people. I have also had some nurses that were not very warm or helpful.
Some days were better than others. Monitoring scans are always done in the morning, which was not convenient for my work.
He prefers to transfer single embryos unless there is are glaring issues that would indicate that multiples would be best. He is very clear about the risks of multiple pregnancies.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Stanley Prough] was very knowledgeable, friendly, and took a long time in the room each time I saw him talking and answering questions. I did feel like the protocols are not very personalized. I had several failed cycles and nothing was adjudged... I felt like Dr. Prough did a great job making me feel like a human and not a number.... We did IVF, fresh cycle and put two embryos in, that did not work, then two more frozen cycles which also did not work. Not much was changed from Cycle to cycle.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and took a long time in the room each time I saw him talking and answering questions. I did feel like the protocols are not very personalized. I had several failed cycles and nothing was adjudged
I felt like Dr. Prough did a great job making me feel like a human and not a number. I did get a different feeling from The office staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had several)
The nursing team changed all the time. They would only communicate through tbe patient portal, even though I was onsite for the appointment.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
I felt as though the physician was good but office staff was not great. They were never very friendly. Also had the same experience with the financial counselor. All communication was done via patient portal.
I felt good with his approach.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Prough is up front and very thorough. He makes sure you're comfortable with every procedure and explains things very well! I would highly recommend him to anyone having fertility issues. I had to have a surgery before we could proceed with everything but I can trust he has my best interest at hand...We are under going IVF with ICSI and I fill like are chances will be much more successful. He also told us in the beginning that he would only transfer 2 embryos so we wouldn't have the chance of so many multiples.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. Prough is up front and very thorough. He makes sure you're comfortable with every procedure and explains things very well! I would highly recommend him to anyone having fertility issues. I had to have a surgery before we could proceed with everything but I can trust he has my best interest at hand. One of my coworkers accually referred me to his clinic. She was blessed with a baby girl who is now in her mid twenties.
Do be afraid to ask questions.
He is willing to take time and answer all of out questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nichole)
My clinic has a patient portal where we can talk back and forth. They are very quick to respond and communication is the key!
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Communication is great and everyone is friendly and willing to help.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Prough] is a very honest person he does not sugar coat things and we loved that about him. He loves to joke and make his patients laugh... He was very compassionate and was on board for our plan...showed us continuously how much he cared. He explained everything so well. When revealing our confirmed pregnancy he showed excitement and joy for us. It was so nice to know our doctor cared.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
Dr. Prough was always listening and showed us continuously how much he cared. He explained everything so well. When revealing our confirmed pregnancy he showed excitement and joy for us. It was so nice to know our doctor cared.
He is a very honest person he does not sugar coat things and we loved that about him. He loves to joke and make his patients laugh.
He listened to how long we had been trying with me to conceive and that I was emotionally exhausted. So my wife now wanted to try and conceive. He was very compassionate and was on board for our plan.
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
The clinic is up front about cost of various procedures. They show compassion for their patients. They are a friendly face no matter what is going on. All staff communicated well with each other. They all seemed very supportive and open about LGBT families.
Our doctor was very open and let us decide on how many embryos to transfer. We decided to transfer 2 and he was very supportive and excited for our decision.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. Stanley Prough] was blunt, but I appreciated the truth. I’m sure I asked some strange questions because I always researched everything before going in but he was open to what I had to say and my thoughts on different treatment options....He took the time to explain every detail of my balanced translocation and what options were available.... Be ready to hear the truth and all options available to you.
2013 - 2015
European, Native American, Other
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Stanley Prough at Tulsa Fertility Center?
He was blunt, but I appreciated the truth. I’m sure I asked some strange questions because I always researched everything before going in but he was open to what I had to say and my thoughts on different treatment options.
Be ready to hear the truth and all options available to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tulsa Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole will always have a special place in my heart! I saw her so much for a year straight and she showed compassion during our loss. Love her!
Describe your experience with Tulsa Fertility Center.
Everyone on the staff is knowledgeable and kind. Always smiling and you feel positive energy when arriving. I wish they had more financing options, but they were super helpful with recommending attorneys when we needed help with the donor egg process. They won’t leave you hanging.
17,000 for the IVF cycle trying with my eggs(included PGD testing) 23,000 Donor egg cycle 11,000 frozen donor egg cycle
He always recommended single transfers but it’s up to the patients to decide