Medical SchoolBrown
410.997.6999
901 Dulaney Valley Road
Towson, MD 21204
410.512.8300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Beall to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
We started with IUI [with Dr. Stephanie Beall] and with the first try had a chemical pregnancy. We tried 2 more IUI cycles before we met with Dr Beall again. When we met with Dr Beall, she suggested we move forward with treatment and try IVF as that had a more impressive success rate. We did our first round of IVF and my hormone levels were too high to do a fresh transfer. It was recommended that I do a frozen transfer so that is what we did.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Beall is as sweet as pie. She was recommended to me by my cousin. She is very knowledgeable and does not give false hope. She meets with me to discuss any issues I am having or concerns. She will personally call me if I ask to speak with her. She is compassionate and caring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions. Dr Beall will answer any questions that you have and make you feel more at ease
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Beall knew that I was a nurse. During our transfer she asked if I had to go back to work and recommended I took a couple of days off because she knew I had a busy career and would be on my feet a lot. She talks to me as an equal.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Beall used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I have unexplained infertility. Both my husband and I tested fine for everything. We started with IUI and with the first try had a chemical pregnancy. We tried 2 more IUI cycles before we met with Dr Beall again. When we met with Dr Beall, she suggested we move forward with treatment and try IVF as that had a more impressive success rate. We did our first round of IVF and my hormone levels were too high to do a fresh transfer. It was recommended that I do a frozen transfer so that is what we did. We transferred 2 frozen embryos after being educated about the risks of having twins. Unfortunately we had another chemical pregnancy with this round of IVF. We have a follow up appointment to discuss what comes next for us in May.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lavy)
All the staff at SGF Columbia has been amazing. They are compassionate and organized. Even the front desk staff is excellent
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My clinic is always clean and usually easy to get appointments.
The monitoring appointments are always easy to find a time slot. The people who do the ultrasounds and blood work are always friendly and timely.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance has covered a majority of our care. We paid for our thaw fee of $600 for our FET and we paid a $3,000 insurance deductible. We paid for all of our meds out of pocket due to insurance not covering those
Describe Stephanie Beall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our clinic educates about the risks of having multiples. I was told they would not transfer more than 2 embryos into me which I was fine with.
Columbia
She [Dr. Stephanie Beall] is very competent and a good communicator. She gives very realistic expectations. She listened and was good about understanding what you wanted from the treatment. I never felt pressured to take any particular course of action, but she gave a clear understanding of the potential for success with each....She was always very attentive, clear, and friendly....It's [Shady Grove Fertility - Townson] very much cookie cutter, corporate medicine, but they know what they are doing and have a lot at stake in their stats being high.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
She is very competent and a good communicator. She gives very realistic expectations. She listened and was good about understanding what you wanted from the treatment. I never felt pressured to take any particular course of action, but she gave a clear understanding of the potential for success with each.
Avoid the two other doctors in the practice.
She was always very attentive, clear, and friendly. Nursing staff were always friendly and competent.
Sorry, can't remember specific meds and dosages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
I went through a couple of primary nurses. Everyone was good at the clinic but they sometimes had communication problems with each other. I felt like I was always double checking with someone to make sure I had my protocol right.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It's very much cookie cutter, corporate medicine, but they know what they are doing and have a lot at stake in their stats being high. It reminded me of the Marriot or Holiday Inn.
about $1200 for IUI cycle. I did a 2 for one package for the IVF and qualified for a very good discount; ended up around $13000 for the package. Since I got pregnant on first retrieval I ended up subsidizing someone else a bit, but that's ok. They are not cheap, but not the most expensive out there either and are good about offering discounts based on salary and medicine programs etc.
I felt a bit pushed to transfer two embryos. As it turned out I did end up with a multiple pregnancy, which I really did not want. I had the sense that after a certain age, they preferred to do 2 in a transfer to up their stats, but I know that after 37 this is pretty common.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
The doctor herself came out to get me and introduced herself and looked very happy to see me.. She took her time to listen to my history and understand why IVF was our option to go and acheive our dreams...She started me off with basic blood work and testing such as my hysterosalpingography and testing all my levels.. No drugs were giving as we are still in the process of IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was a very heartwarming doctor. She looked you in your eyes while talking and gave you the attention that you needed. She makes sure she does what she has to do to help you accomolish what you came there for.
Please be honest with her.. She has your best intrest at heart
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elaine kochys)
Nurse elaine made sure that i ubderstood all paper work that was being given to me and msde sure i knew what i had to do to progress to the next step.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They were a well organized clinic who has an open availability of appointments with different doctors and they make sure any paper work that has to be completed is done. They also have a different department for each process of the IVF which makes it easier to understand whats going on.
Because of my insurance i had a hefty bill to pay from all the testing that needed to be done.
Yes.. She has recommendations based on age and test results and she explained the risk for each number transfered.
Towson
Nice. Knowledgeable. I dealt with my nurse and the staff more than her [Dr. Beall]...I didn't have a fertility problem. I was just using donor sperm. After 4 unsuccessful natural cycles, she switched me to a medicated cycle with clomid. I got pregnant on the second medicated cycle...She's perfectly nice, I just didn't develop a relationship with her. I saw her outside the office and said hi. She didn't recognize me after being her patient for 7 months.....She's a good doctor to see. Another doctor did most of my IUI procedures, so choosing a clinic is more important than choosing a specific doctor....
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility?
Nice. Knowledgeable. I dealt with my nurse and the staff more than her. She's perfectly nice, I just didn't develop a relationship with her. I saw her outside the office and said hi. She didn't recognize me after being her patient for 7 months.
Treatments were routine, not very personalized
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Blackwell)
They were nice. I didn't develop any relationships with them during treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I usually had to have procedures on the weekends and it was a nightmare scheduling those because the after-hours call people would not forward my calls. This happened at least 4 times where I had to make frantic calls to get next day procedure appointments.
One medicated IUI cycle without insurance was $1600. As of March 2017, it's $1800. The injection shot was $100. I can't remember how much clomid was.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?