Available by cell phone
ResidencySt. Joseph's
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
1111 Harwood Drive South
Fargo, ND 58104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Dahl to a friend?

9.8

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sanford Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
We first met with Dr. Dahl in August of 2018. We were sent to her due to male infertility. She instantly connected with us on a very personal level and made us feel comfortable from the start. She explained all the possible diagnoses, tests, and labs.... With the diagnosis of a double carrier for CF, she instantly talked about available options and connected us with urology and a genetic counselor. For my appointments, I was always excited to see her because she made me feel at ease.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
We first met with Dr. Dahl in August of 2018. We were sent to her due to male infertility. She instantly connected with us on a very personal level and made us feel comfortable from the start. She explained all the possible diagnoses, tests, and labs. After going over a complete history with my husband and I she said her assumption is my husband is a cystic fibrosis carrier. We did genetic testing, which confirmed that diagnosis. With the diagnosis of a double carrier for CF, she instantly talked about available options and connected us with urology and a genetic counselor. For my appointments, I was always excited to see her because she made me feel at ease. She always explained to us what the ultrasounds were showing, what medication changes to make and the rationale. We always felt very informed and that she had our best interest at heart. She connected us to all the right medical staff and resources, and felt that overall she cared about us individually and as a couple. She shows great care and compassion for her patients and shows enthusiasm for the job she does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I would recommend writing down a timeline of your appointments. I kept a notebook that had our appointment and what we did at that appointment, what was discussed, what labs or ultrasound results were, etc. Another thing I would recommend is always writing down questions you have. She is more than willing to answer questions and to take the time to have open discussions about any topics with fertility and health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dahl was always very compassionate and empathetic throughout our IVF journey thus far. She has always cared about how we were doing during the process, connecting us with available resources, and always talking with us on a personal level. She has always been a great advocate for us and our future.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The only way for us to conceive is through IVF. The first round I was started on progesterone only birth control due to a clotting disorder we did not want to use estrogen. I had my baseline labs which were all within normal limits and started on Follistim/Gonal F 300 units. I was unable to use menopur due to a dairy allergy. I continued on for 5 days of "stims" and labs all were within the range that was expected, but I had discordant growth with my follicles (2 large and 2 small follicles). At that time we decided to stop with this first round of medications and restart. The second round I did use a birth control with estrogen but then took lovenox injections during that time. I was started on gonal F 375units. On day 3 after labs we increased the dose to 450 units. On day 6 I had 4 follicles, day 8 I had 6 follicles that were all growing at the same rate and appropriate size to lead up to an egg retrieval. After a few more days of stimulation it was time for the trigger shot which we used Lupron. We successfully retrieved 5 eggs, and 3 successfully fertilized. We did PGS testing on our embryos. We had 1 chromosomally normal. We had a different provider do our transfer due to the timing of it, which did not lead to a successful pregnancy. Since then, Dr. Dahl has met with us and talked about the future options and different medication protocols to try.
The nursing staff have been great! They are quick to respond to messages, easy to talk to, and keep you very informed during the process. They don't have one specific nurse assigned to you, but you usually work with the same two or three nurses. We have always felt like they care about us and are willing to help however they can. Each nurse seems to enjoy their job and are passionate about what they do. One thing I wish is that you did have one specific nurse or coordinator assigned to you that is your go to person for everything. I also feel like they should give you a calendar with your appointments and specific medications with dates at times. They do give you papers. information, and send specific messages that clarify all that information but an individual patient calendar would be helpful.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we love our clinic. I feel that it was the perfect fit for us. It is kind of crazy to me that it is one of my favorite places to go because its where we get closest to making our family. The clinic is separate from other facilities in our town so it is nice that it has its own space. They have it well set up for the waiting area, ultrasounds, appointment rooms to meet with the doctors, area for labs, and rooms in the back that are secluded for procedures. We feel that the team works well together including the receptionist, providers, nurses, financial counselor, genetic counselor, lab techs, etc. One thing I really appreciate is that they have a financial counselor right in the clinic who can work personally with you. Our nurses have been great about trying to get us the best connections to pharmacies and coupons to make the medications as cheap as possible and we appreciate that. I feel there are so many positives about our clinic and the team. I don't have many weaknesses to point out. I would say that overall I wish they would just go more in depth about each medication, each procedure, and have a specific nurse or person who oversees the entire process for you, but if you have questions or concerns they are always willing to take the time for you and answer all questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we feel that the cost at the clinic seems to be average for IVF in our area. They do pair up with ARC fertility so that is an option for patients to look into for "plan" options. We did have some insurance coverage so for us it was best to use our insurance first before using other resources. When you first start with the clinic and before you start IVF they have you meet with the financial counselor to discuss cost and prepayment. We were given a break down of costs for trial transfer, cycle monitoring ( which included 5 office visits, 7 lab draws, some ultrasounds), egg aspiration with ICSI, freezing of embryos, thaw and transfer, and post IVF lab work. Also if you plan to do PGS testing they have you pay part of that cost up front. We did end up having some confusion with insurance, but the financial counselor was so willing to look through each bill, each charge, and even contact our insurance to help make the process run smoother. Even during visits with Dr. Dahl she would mention an approximate cost of testing and let you know if she thought if it was covered by insurance or not. We really appreciated that. We also felt that she would include us in on the decisions and what is best for us to get the results we want and can financially afford.
Describe Stephanie Dahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
From the start we primarily talked about a single embryo transfer. She did say it would be an option for us to do 2 embryos but we felt it just depended on our situation and the number of embryos. We only had 1 embryo to transfer so that made the decision easier because 1 embryo was our only option.
Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
Sioux Falls

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
She [Dr. Stephanie Dahl] is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question...We did a ton of lab work and uktrasound. Did a semin analysis on the first visit as well. Scheduled another HSG since it’s been over a year since my last one. Started with promethium to induce cycle, ultrasound cycle day 3, femara 5mg cd 4-8, Menopur 75iu days 9-12, folicules can day 13 and ovidril trigger if ready, timed intercourse or iui and progesterone suppositories in the two week wait.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She is very quick to start treatment. Was very good about answering questions. We are dealing with male infertility as well as female and she set us up with a urologist she liked and we are now able to move forward with our treatments again. My only complaint is it can take a few days to hear back when you ask a question. Other than that I love the clinic in Fargo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go in with all the questions you have and don’t be afraid to ask. These doctors are here to help you and you should be comfortable to ask those difficult questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dahl is very great about calling you personally to talk about any questions you have. They are also very quick to getting treatment started and working around your schedule.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Dahl used in your cycles at Sanford Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Nursing staff is amazing and friendly. Always very helpful and try to get things done as fast as they can for you.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Very fast to get referrals and everything you need done to ease that stress on you. Takes a ew days to hear back with questions directly to doctors. Nursing staff is amazing. Doctor me are very knowledgeable and eager to help to achieve pregnancy in the least invasive/expensive way for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
They charge what I’ve seen a lot of places charge. Nothing outrageous but not the cheapest either.
Fargo

She [Dr. Dahl] gave me a lot of information and always seemed to know what questions I had before I asked them. ... I could tell she throughly reviewed my results and my history. She explained what the numbers for each test meant. She also would go through my options if my current cycle didn’t work. ... She said we would be as agressive with treatment as I felt I could handle. ... She was always positive and encouraging. ... She is thorough and is very knowledgeable about her field.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
I could tell she throughly reviewed my results and my history. She explained what the numbers for each test meant. She also would go through my options if my current cycle didn’t work. She was always positive and encouraging.
She is thorough and is very knowledgeable about her field. I trust that she is doing everything she can to help me achieve my dreams!
She gave me a lot of information and always seemed to know what questions I had before I asked them.
I started with just pills to grow follicles. My body was responding well but she wanted to lay down the facts about being aggressive because of my age. She said we would be as agressive with treatment as I felt I could handle. We are currently using injections and IUI. I fear we will not be able to afford the IVF stage if nothing else works.
They were always kind and worked hard to schedule my appointments and answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
I think it is a strength that they have a team of doctors working together on each patient. It helps to see other doctors and their varying perspectives. The weakness is that some of the doctors had more expertise than the others and it is a disappointment when you are scheduled with the lesser doctor. One can’t help think this cycle might not work because of it.
Every office visit or telemedicine visit cost around $200. Ultra sound $300. Medicine ranged from $100 to $600 a month. The IUI and sperm washing about $800 a month.
Fargo

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine.

Stephanie [Dr. Dahl] was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance... Most treatment protocols were similar to my experience with another doctor at the same hospital at this point she just reviewed my medications last and discussed any changes that we are comfortable way she also identified some changes to our medical intervention and next steps if this was unsuccessful
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Stephanie was the 1st doctor to really sit down with us and assess our situation in a way that we weren't even sure we were able to experience she explained a new medication and looked into our insurance helping us understand how this medication could help and that is covered by our insurance
Doctor Dahl is very understanding and compassionate she is kind and easy to speak with I would highly recommend her
Stephanie doll was much more caring and compassionate she spoke to my husband and I with general care and concern and seemed as if she wanted us to have a successful cycle
The nursing staff was kind quick and efficient they were able to answer questions via online systems fairly efficiently
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a nice atmosphere however there is still that shuffling of feeling like you're being rushed or not really take in full seriousness if you have questions sometimes they don't get answered quickly or effectively
Most medicated cycles were covered by my insurance as far as timed intercourse I you I was about 3000 for the 1st time due to additional labs and 2500 every time after IVF was 20000 and up
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Other, Unexplained
[Dr. Dahl] Was unreasonably optimistic and quoted statistics that were incorrect. Explained risks of treatments and was empathetic. Didn’t have good continuity of care due to clinic set up, which made it difficult to develop rapport with individual providers.... One doctor at the clinic [Sanford Fertility and Repro Med] didn’t stop a medication after I reported a major adverse effect. A second doctor did stop the medication. Clinic charged me for services I didn’t have. Clinic failed to send all of my records to another clinic.
Other, Unexplained
Check your bill carefully to determine if you have had the services you are being billed for.
Was rude when needed to call on call. Respectful and personable in clinic.
Clomid, has hyperstimulation with it, cycle was cancelled
Nursing staff were generally prompt in replies to messages. One nurse was somewhat rude when rooming me.
Describe your experience with Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I was billed for over $1000 of services that I didn’t receive. The clinic never apologized but after I challenged this, they did refund the money. I never felt that any of the doctors understood my case or took the lead in developing a treatment protocol because I would often see a different doctor from visit to visit. This clinic missed an important that a consult with another clinic picked up on at the first consult. I wonder if the treatments at Sanford didn’t work because they didn’t have the correct diagnosis.
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Sanford Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
Sioux Falls

2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Dahl was super compassionate...We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were small...We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her...Really really liked her. She is personable and compassionate and super helpful. She listened well to our concerns. We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were low, but she was willing to work with us....we did have some unusual circumstances which the doc understood but nurses weren't very understanding about.
2012
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Not sure
Dr Dahl was super compassionate (We weren't anywhere near as happy with her nursing staff). We knew going in that our chances of conceiving were small. Eventually we went on to donor egg but we went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and better statistics. We really really liked Dr Dahl and would highly recommend her.
We did injections and IUI. Only a couple cycles because we knew our chances were really small. Not successful so we moved on to donor egg. We went elsewhere for a larger donor pool and a clinic with more donor experience and better statistics.
Very controlling, didn't listen to me, we did have some unusual circumstances which the doc understood but nurses weren't very understanding about. We were not very impressed with the nursing care.
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Overall we were satisfied with the care.
All out of pocket
What specific things went wrong at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Fargo
I loved Dr. Dahl. She is very patient and compassionate. She is very through in the care provided and explains everything! She is good to email or call you back if you have any questions or concerns too!...Clomid and an injectable to make me ovulate bc I think I ovulate later than normal and IUI due to poor Morpology with my husband's sperm....Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses...Go to your appt with h an open mind.
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
Go to your appt with h an open mind. Science​ and doctors can only help you so far...In the end the man upstairs knows the plan for you. I went with the expectation if becoming pregnant right away...Don't do that.
Not so much in the office did I feel like this but the whole Sanford clinic as a whole I do. Especially when bills start coming in. I think they should wait to send out bills...I got a bill to pay the day my period came after my IUI...
Love them!! All of them were great!!
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
Clinics weakness- we only have one in the area so not much of a choice for me. Strength...They have a good team of doctors and nurses
Per IUI was $1500

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Stephanie Dahl] was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband...She treated me like a person. Spoke to me and made sure i understood the whole process.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephanie Dahl at Sanford Reproductive Medicine?
She was amazing very understanding. Listened to my thoughts explained the whole process step by step. Would return my calls right away. Made me feel comfortable. Explained the risks told me the good and the bad of everything. She was very forthright with me and my husband.
Be open ask the tough questions
Very helpful and caring
Describe your experience with Sanford Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very nice and very clean. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed. All the staff were helpful and kind. They really make you feel welcome. It was easy to find. I have no negative thoughts or feelings about the clinic. I got my daughter because of this place!!!
We spent 3500.