Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolGeorgetown University
ResidencyStandford University
FellowshipStandford University
7308 S 142nd St
Omaha, NE 68138
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Gustin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The first time I had a miscarriage following our first IUI, Dr. Gustin called me late in the evening and comforted me while we were on the phone. As we moved onto our 2nd IUI, it was unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy. During the ultrasound when we found out, Dr. Gustin was kind and gentle in explaining what she was seeing.... Dr. Gustin has exhibited extreme kindness and has been very sensitive to our situation. I have never felt like just a number or just another patient while under her care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Unfortunately my husband and I have experienced 5 miscarriages and 3 under the care of Dr. Gustin. Through all of this my husband and I have had numerous questions and every time, Dr. Gustin is the one that calls me to answer my questions. She also has offered to allow me to call whenever I feel the need. Dr. Gustin has exhibited extreme kindness and has been very sensitive to our situation. I have never felt like just a number or just another patient while under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Gustin will take the time to answer any of your questions so don't hesitate to ask. Additionally, if you are advocating for more tests, answers, etc. she will be very supportive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I have had 3 miscarriages while under Dr. Gustin's care. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies as a part of these miscarriages as well. The first time I had a miscarriage following our first IUI, Dr. Gustin called me late in the evening and comforted me while we were on the phone. As we moved onto our 2nd IUI, it was unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy. During the ultrasound when we found out, Dr. Gustin was kind and gentle in explaining what she was seeing. When I sat up, she gave me a huge hug and allowed me to cry on her shoulder. She then gave my husband and I all the time we needed in the room to process what we had just been told.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Gustin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I went to Dr. Gustin I was taking Metformin. We tried a couple of cycles on this and we stopped following some tests. We moved forward with Clomid and eventually IUI as the medications alone were not successful. We completed 3 IUIs with Clomid, Follistim, and Pregnyl. The dosages were closely monitored and changed as needed. Additionally, due to my history of miscarriage, I was put on progesterone suppositories and this was increased following my first miscarriage with Dr. Gustin from 1x/day to 2x/day. Following my ectopic pregnancy, I also required a HSG and this was very carefully explained before and during the procedure.
All of the nurses I have worked with have been friendly and kind. I have had most of the same nurses throughout our treatment with Dr. Gustin and am pleased. There was one miscommunications between Dr. Gustin and her nursing staff regarding types of exercise that can be continued during treatment. When Dr. Gustin was notified of what I was told, she said she would personally take the time to educated nursing on this topic and what is recommended and not recommended.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel that overall, the Clinic is clean and well kept. The clinic and their staff is also very organized and willing to answer any questions you may have. There is one financial coordinator that can come off as less personable. I have shared this with my doctor and she notified me that there is a second financial coordinator that I can work with as I receive my care there. My doctor stated that she wanted my experience there to be good. She also told me she would share my feedback with the clinic. I have since had some interaction with this financial coordinator when I called with a question and was more pleasant than had been in the past.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our IUIs cost between $1900-2300 depending on medication dosages. Other tests such as the HSG was not covered once and cost around $700-800 and the second time was covered following my ectopic pregnancy. We have had a quote of IVF and depending on medications and tests, will cost between $15,000-18,000.
Describe Stephanie Gustin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We are preparing for IVF soon and we have discussed some of these topics preliminarily and will have a more in depth conversation as this gets closer.
Omaha
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I loved seeing dr Gustin! She was so understanding, thoughtful, caring, and compassionate! After achieving pregnancy, there was some issues and she personally did my ultrasounds and spoke with me over the phone and via email! She was so Patient and made this journey as pleasant as it could be...She personally called me with my results of pregnancy tests, answered all Questions, very understanding and compassionate of how difficult the quest for children can be! She allowed me to email her at any time I had questions
Ask lots of questions!!!!!!
I used follistem and gonal f with menopur when needed. Frequent lab and ultrasound. 2 forms of progesterone and estrogen. Doses of meds varies based on results
Most were super helpful and knowledgeable! A couple had trouble answering questions
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Almost always ran on time! All Staff were super kind and compassionate! Very prompt to Return calls and made sure that I understood all directions and protocols. The ultrasound techs were great and always explained what they were seeing and looking for so That I knew what the plans would be and what the goal was!
Egg retriever was around 5600. IUI 500ish, embryo transfer $3000ish, egg storage $500 a year.... these did not include lab, meds or ultrasound
My doctor choose eSET as she advised that for my age and health, having a single healthy baby would be best vs have a complicated pregnancy with multiples
Omaha
She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] was good with explaining any questions you had. Explained things easier to understand without all the big fancy medical terms...Other than the consultation and the actual insemination process we didn't talk–it was more talking with the nurses...First cycle involved chlomid, iui Second cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f –canceled iui due to not able to travel 5 hours to the appointment. Third cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f, iui
Good at explaining the process. there was a lot to go over the first time so it was overwhelming, but she repeating things during the first consultation. Other than the consultation and the actual insemination process we didn't talk–it was more talking with the nurses.
Ask questions and ask her to explain things if you don't understand.
She was good with explaining any questions you had. Explained things easier to understand without all the big fancy medical terms
Clinic hours were not very convenient. They close at 3. Prescriptions weren't always sent right away after doctor visit. Able to communicate well and answer questions
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weird hours. Closed early in the afternoon and hard to get ahold of anyone when not during office hours. Clean place. Friendly staff.
Ultrasounds 3-4 visits: $200 each, Lab work: $250-300, chlomid/letrozol: $20-40, gonal-f shots: $477-1000, IUI procedure/sperm washing: $450
Did not do any embryo transfer
What specific things went wrong at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?