Doctor available by email
ResidencyStandford University
FellowshipStandford University
7308 S 142nd St
Omaha, NE 68138
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Gustin to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2016 - 2019
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] meets with us personally, called us personally to tell us we were pregnant, and has been available during the whole process.... She has been more than a doctor to us. She has been a listening ear, a friend, and truly a part of our journey. We love Dr. Gustin! We could never thank her enough for who she is and what she has done for us!... I was on varying levels of menopur, and she changed my dosage to get better results. I wish I could remember specifics but it was 2 years ago. The team at Heartland staffed our case regularly when we weren’t having success and adjusted along the way.
2016 - 2019
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Gustin is smart, caring, and trustworthy. We owe her our miracle baby, and hope to expand our family with the one frozen embryo we have. She made our dreams come true and continues to be our biggest supporter as we attempt to go through the process again. She has been more than a doctor to us. She has been a listening ear, a friend, and truly a part of our journey. We love Dr. Gustin! We could never thank her enough for who she is and what she has done for us!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. Knowledge is power, especially in this process. She will sit and explain everything, you just have to ask!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She meets with us personally, called us personally to tell us we were pregnant, and has been available during the whole process.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Gustin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
They are knowledgeable, communicate well, and take the time to call back immediately. They get to know you as a person, and get excited to see you. They were all in tears when we got pregnant, and continue to support our family by cheering us on for baby #2.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They are organized and seem to have a good handle on the processes and procedures. The billing department sometimes seems to be unorganized or hard to get ahold of, but that would be my only complaint.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Our IUI treatments were roughly $5000 each round with shots and ultra sounds included, our IVF rounds were $15,000 each round, with one additional transfer that was roughly $4000. In total with gas to and from Omaha, we spent roughly $50,000 before getting pregnant with our son.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Gustin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The first time I had a miscarriage following our first IUI, Dr. Gustin called me late in the evening and comforted me while we were on the phone. As we moved onto our 2nd IUI, it was unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy. During the ultrasound when we found out, Dr. Gustin was kind and gentle in explaining what she was seeing.... Dr. Gustin has exhibited extreme kindness and has been very sensitive to our situation. I have never felt like just a number or just another patient while under her care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Unfortunately my husband and I have experienced 5 miscarriages and 3 under the care of Dr. Gustin. Through all of this my husband and I have had numerous questions and every time, Dr. Gustin is the one that calls me to answer my questions. She also has offered to allow me to call whenever I feel the need. Dr. Gustin has exhibited extreme kindness and has been very sensitive to our situation. I have never felt like just a number or just another patient while under her care.
Dr. Gustin will take the time to answer any of your questions so don't hesitate to ask. Additionally, if you are advocating for more tests, answers, etc. she will be very supportive.
I have had 3 miscarriages while under Dr. Gustin's care. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies as a part of these miscarriages as well. The first time I had a miscarriage following our first IUI, Dr. Gustin called me late in the evening and comforted me while we were on the phone. As we moved onto our 2nd IUI, it was unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy. During the ultrasound when we found out, Dr. Gustin was kind and gentle in explaining what she was seeing. When I sat up, she gave me a huge hug and allowed me to cry on her shoulder. She then gave my husband and I all the time we needed in the room to process what we had just been told.
When I went to Dr. Gustin I was taking Metformin. We tried a couple of cycles on this and we stopped following some tests. We moved forward with Clomid and eventually IUI as the medications alone were not successful. We completed 3 IUIs with Clomid, Follistim, and Pregnyl. The dosages were closely monitored and changed as needed. Additionally, due to my history of miscarriage, I was put on progesterone suppositories and this was increased following my first miscarriage with Dr. Gustin from 1x/day to 2x/day. Following my ectopic pregnancy, I also required a HSG and this was very carefully explained before and during the procedure.
All of the nurses I have worked with have been friendly and kind. I have had most of the same nurses throughout our treatment with Dr. Gustin and am pleased. There was one miscommunications between Dr. Gustin and her nursing staff regarding types of exercise that can be continued during treatment. When Dr. Gustin was notified of what I was told, she said she would personally take the time to educated nursing on this topic and what is recommended and not recommended.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel that overall, the Clinic is clean and well kept. The clinic and their staff is also very organized and willing to answer any questions you may have. There is one financial coordinator that can come off as less personable. I have shared this with my doctor and she notified me that there is a second financial coordinator that I can work with as I receive my care there. My doctor stated that she wanted my experience there to be good. She also told me she would share my feedback with the clinic. I have since had some interaction with this financial coordinator when I called with a question and was more pleasant than had been in the past.
Our IUIs cost between $1900-2300 depending on medication dosages. Other tests such as the HSG was not covered once and cost around $700-800 and the second time was covered following my ectopic pregnancy. We have had a quote of IVF and depending on medications and tests, will cost between $15,000-18,000.
Describe Stephanie Gustin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We are preparing for IVF soon and we have discussed some of these topics preliminarily and will have a more in depth conversation as this gets closer.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] was straight and to ththe point on what we needed to do and our results but at the same time provided great emotional support. Sat held my hand and comforted me when appropriate. When we did not get the number of embryos we had hoped for she comforted me and adjusted the plan and was straightforward on where we would go next
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She was straight and to ththe point on what we needed to do and our results but at the same time provided great emotional support. Sat held my hand and comforted me when appropriate. When we did not get the number of embryos we had hoped for she comforted me and adjusted the plan and was straightforward on where we would go next
De Gustin and all the providers at Heartland and wonderful at what they do
Wonderful bedside manor Called me at home to follow up on how I was emotionally doing after a tough surgical procedure
The only protocol I remembered is a delayed ovarian stimulation to get the embryos we needed. 1st cycle we had to quit mid cycle and covert to IUI because we weren’t getting the numbers and quality embryos we wanted
You can tell they love what they do. So compassionate and knowledgeable. Many have been at the same office for years. I am also a RN and if I closer I would love to work there and be part of their team
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Great ancillary staff. They were always pleasant and smiling. Quick phone response time. Clean facilities. Just remodeled and you could never tell things were maybe a little out of sorts from how the day to day operations were conducted
Everything was out of pocket. Ultrasound and lab to monitor response to fertility drugs was around 300 each visit. Retrieval was about 7k Implantation 2-3k
1 embryo and 1 blast with the transfer because didn’t have the best grade on the transfers embryo
Omaha

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I loved seeing dr Gustin! She was so understanding, thoughtful, caring, and compassionate! After achieving pregnancy, there was some issues and she personally did my ultrasounds and spoke with me over the phone and via email! She was so Patient and made this journey as pleasant as it could be...She personally called me with my results of pregnancy tests, answered all Questions, very understanding and compassionate of how difficult the quest for children can be! She allowed me to email her at any time I had questions
Ask lots of questions!!!!!!
I used follistem and gonal f with menopur when needed. Frequent lab and ultrasound. 2 forms of progesterone and estrogen. Doses of meds varies based on results
Most were super helpful and knowledgeable! A couple had trouble answering questions
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Almost always ran on time! All Staff were super kind and compassionate! Very prompt to Return calls and made sure that I understood all directions and protocols. The ultrasound techs were great and always explained what they were seeing and looking for so That I knew what the plans would be and what the goal was!
Egg retriever was around 5600. IUI 500ish, embryo transfer $3000ish, egg storage $500 a year.... these did not include lab, meds or ultrasound
My doctor choose eSET as she advised that for my age and health, having a single healthy baby would be best vs have a complicated pregnancy with multiples
Omaha

She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] was good with explaining any questions you had. Explained things easier to understand without all the big fancy medical terms...Other than the consultation and the actual insemination process we didn't talk–it was more talking with the nurses...First cycle involved chlomid, iui Second cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f –canceled iui due to not able to travel 5 hours to the appointment. Third cycle involved letrozol, gonal-f, iui
Good at explaining the process. there was a lot to go over the first time so it was overwhelming, but she repeating things during the first consultation. Other than the consultation and the actual insemination process we didn't talk–it was more talking with the nurses.
Ask questions and ask her to explain things if you don't understand.
She was good with explaining any questions you had. Explained things easier to understand without all the big fancy medical terms
Clinic hours were not very convenient. They close at 3. Prescriptions weren't always sent right away after doctor visit. Able to communicate well and answer questions
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weird hours. Closed early in the afternoon and hard to get ahold of anyone when not during office hours. Clean place. Friendly staff.
Ultrasounds 3-4 visits: $200 each, Lab work: $250-300, chlomid/letrozol: $20-40, gonal-f shots: $477-1000, IUI procedure/sperm washing: $450
Did not do any embryo transfer
Omaha

Simply, she [Dr. Gustin] was nice. Explained our issues and finally gave us a why and what to do to move on. She took the time to go over all of our choices and told us what she felt was the best way to go but she would do what we wanted.... They [Heartland Center for Reproductive Med] help out with everything. I had different insurance from my wife and they helped us get everything setup for billing and did not bat an eye. The finance lady is super nice and fun. They give you their cards with direct phone numbers to call if needed
Simply, she was nice. Explained our issues and finally gave us a why and what to do to move on. She took the time to go over all of our choices and told us what she felt was the best way to go but she would do what we wanted.
Do it
People spent time with us and answered questions.
Very prompt and remembered us.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They help out with everything. I had different insurance from my wife and they helped us get everything setup for billing and did not bat an eye. The finance lady is super nice and fun. They give you their cards with direct phone numbers to call if needed
Still in the process
Omaha

She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] is very personable and professional and if there was an issue with treatments, she would correct it early. For example, I had. HGS scheduled too early and she was sweet to not do it until we are ready and is patient with our decisions.... After we had our workup and consult, she suggested we have my husband get his microtese (for male factor) and go from there. We are going slow with the process because of cost, but we will get there
She is very personable and professional and if there was an issue with treatments, she would correct it early. For example, I had. HGS scheduled too early and she was sweet to not do it until we are ready and is patient with our decisions
Ask all of your questions. Write them down because there are always so many things to ask
She is personable and is friendly
So sweet! I’m a nervous wreck and they are always so sweet and get to know me and my husband. It’s such an emotional process so having people like these nurses look out for us makes us so happy
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The communication at first could be better. The strengths are a great staff, friendly, patient, understanding. Make sure to ask all of the questions you have and they will have the answers. It’s a clean office with a great consult room
The costs like any are expensive, which is why we are going slow to save up
Omaha
She [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] is very empathetic and makes you feel important. My hsg I was terrified and she helped to calm me. I appreciate her knowledge and attention.... Dr gustin makes me feel like pregnancy is possible when I’ve all but given up hope. She communicates well and is understanding and helpful when I’m nervous or concerned. She listens when I have crazy questions and seems to truly care.
Trust her.
She is very empathetic and makes you feel important. My hsg I was terrified and she helped to calm me. I appreciate her knowledge and attention.
Hsg showed polyps so I had a hysterescopy the next cycle. After that we did femara for a first iui. My follicles were not maturing so a second round of femara was prescribed. Waiting to see if the iui is successful.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: knowledge and compassion Weakness: initial consults schedule out 6 weeks or so and they close at 3:30pm Other: if you give them 2 phone numbers they may call your secondary number instead of the primary I had them remove my secondary after a voicemail was left on my work phone after I left the office Friday in regards to my appointment Monday.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Everything was great she [Dr. Stephanie Gustin] was very clear cut. We haven’t proceeded with ivf due to my weight. Once I lose the necessary weight we will hopefully move forward with treatment. She did explain that was my best plan of attack.... She talked me through everything and gave me options for my best outcome.... I would call and double check they [Heartland Center for Reproductive Med] have Your records. I had mine sent over plenty in advance and the nurse had not gone over any of them which was super frustrating. Other then that we have only been to them once
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Everything was great she was very clear cut. We haven’t proceeded with ivf due to my weight. Once I lose the necessary weight we will hopefully move forward with treatment. She did explain that was my best plan of attack.
Just be open and honest
She talked me through everything and gave me options for my best outcome
We haven’t gone any further then testing
She didn’t have my full records even though I had them sent over so she had not reviewed my charts af all
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
She was very caring. I would call and double check they have Your records. I had mine sent over plenty in advance and the nurse had not gone over any of them which was super frustrating. Other then that we have only been to them once.
Insurance covered what we had done this far other then the $1500 genetic testing and my husband was on his own insurance so his testing wasn’t covered.