Medical SchoolClinton
Mt. Pleasant
1280 Hospital Drive
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-7400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Singleton to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Charleston to a friend?
She [Dr. Singleton] has amazing bedside manner. She spoke to me like my specific situation was important to her. She made me feel like she would be there through each hurdle and that she would do her best to give me the end result I am looking for. ... She listened to me and took her time with me and repeatedly asked me if I had any questions ... he treated me as though I was just as important as the next person and did not rush through my appointment.
How was your experience with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of Charleston?
She was very personable. She treated me as though I was just as important as the next person and did not rush through my appointment. She listened to me and took her time with me and repeatedly asked me if I had any questions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of Charleston?
Go to her! You won’t regret it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of Charleston?
She has amazing bedside manner. She spoke to me like my specific situation was important to her. She made me feel like she would be there through each hurdle and that she would do her best to give me the end result I am looking for. She explained thoroughly what would be going on and came to the waiting room to get me for my appointment. All around a wonderful experience
Describe the protocols Stephanie Singleton used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Charleston and their degree of success.
I’m fixing to start the process. Not exactly there yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
They were wonderful. Also very personable and incredibly sweet. They called me by name multiple times and repeatedly made me feel like I was a part of a family
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
I honestly couldn’t say one negative thing. It was beautiful. It was a comfortable environment. Everyone was so pleasant. I left ready to take the next step. Dr Singleton explained in detail every thing that she would be doing to complete IUI. The nurses repeatedly made sure I understood all instructions and never once was there not a smile on their face. Even the financial department did a wonderful job explaining every fee I could or would expect. They were very straight forward with everything I could expect throughout treatment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of Charleston.
First appointment was free. IUI is $1800 per round. Medication ranged around 500+. I will pay in total around 2300 for each treatment
Mount Pleasant

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of Charleston.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
I would likely not be alive if not for Dr. Singleton. During my first (and only) egg retrieval she could not get to my right ovary and most of my left ovary without puncturing my bowels. As a result she sent me for a GI consult and during surgery it was discovered my endometriosis was eating through my colon. Had this not been discovered there is not telling what would have happened. I may not like the answers she gives me (such as I don't recommend an egg retrieval with your newly discovered clotting disease, I would prefer you use donor eggs for your safety), but she has always been honest about my chances and what to expect. While I am only focusing on getting pregnant, she makes sure to also focus on keeping me healthy and that is important. In addition to being thorough and honest, she is also very compassionate which helps a lot when dealing with infertility.
Don't expect overnight results no matter which doctor you choose. As hard as it is, be patient but don't be afraid to ask questions and speak up.
Every time I called or sent an e-mail, I always received a prompt and knowledgeable response. I have had a number of health problems since I began seeing Dr. Singleton, including 3 unplanned medically necessary surgeries, so my case is not "normal", yet despite the issues, Dr. Singleton and her staff have always been able to provide me with an answer or a referral. But even more important than answering my questions, Dr. Singleton took the time out to call my primary doctors and specialist to make sure she was well versed in all of my medical conditions and could proceed in a safe manner.
My egg retrieval cycle was done with progesterone (I think), gonal f, ganilrelix. Could not retrieve all follicles because of obstruction. For my donor egg cycle we are using progesterone, estrace, and Lupron. The donor egg cycle is still ongoing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Pat (retired) and now Krysta)
I love both of my nursing care coordinators as well as the rest of the staff! Everyone is always so nice and never makes you feel like you are crazy when you inevitably ask the same question for the 15th time. Plus they are always easy to get in touch with and always respond within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
I love everything about the clinic. It is clean and welcoming (both in Savannah and Charleston). The only weakness I can think of is sometimes you have to wait a while if you are visiting the primary location in Charleston.
My IVF cycle was approximately $15,000 plus $5,000 for medication. The egg donor cycle is approximately $19,000, including the eggs (I had a credit from the IVF cycle, so we did not pay an additional $19,000) and $800 in medication.
Describe Stephanie Singleton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Charleston.
Because of the health risks involved in multiples to both the mother and the babies, Dr. Singleton only does single embryo transfers unless you have a history of failed implantation.
Mount Pleasant

She [Dr. Singleton] explained my PCOS in very easy to understand terms and explained that bc of my situation only IVF would be possible. I cried, bc I was scared, but she grabbed my hand and told me not to cry, that everything is possible and she would do everything she could to help me. I can’t wait to continue treatment soon. She is an angel in scrubs.... She breaks everything down so that you understand. She also tells you the truths, not just what you want to hear.
After being scared to see a fertility specialist for 8 years, we went to see her. She explained my PCOS in very easy to understand terms and explained that bc of my situation only IVF would be possible. I cried, bc I was scared, but she grabbed my hand and told me not to cry, that everything is possible and she would do everything she could to help me. I can’t wait to continue treatment soon. She is an angel in scrubs.
Know that she will tell you everything you both want and need to hear. She will explain everything to you and you will not leave her office wondering or not having an answer to all your questions
She breaks everything down so that you understand. She also tells you the truths, not just what you want to hear. She made us feel so much better, that after 8 years of trying, it is possible with treatment to have a healthy baby...
I haven’t started treatment but have had all testing and work ups done. Waiting to start
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Beazly)
Jessica is the one who is helping me get back into the system. Giving me information on what tests are needed, etc. she has been a great help. both phone and emails are always answered
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Everyone from front desk, to lab assistants are so caring and compassionate. It is a very scary feeling but from the time you start with the clinic they make you feel safe and like everyone else. The most intimidating person in the clinic is the financial team. But it’s not a bad intimidating, it’s just frustrating to hear that your dream of being a mother depends on your credit history or what type of loans you can get. This is actually what stopped my treatment bc we couldn’t get a loan, but I think we are to a point now that we will be ready.. still praying
My treatment was going to be $14,000 approximately. This is why I had to put my treatment on hold
No comment

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I went to Dr. Singleton for a second opinion. Our first appointment with her was ok. She ran some test and we had a 2nd appointment scheduled. The next appointment she recommended I go back to my obgyn and schedule surgery to look at my tubes because my HSG showed both tubes blocked. I had my surgery then I went back to Dr. Singleton for a follow up. I was so excited to start IUI because my obgyn said my left tube was open and the right tube was blocked. Dr. Singleton said she would not recommend IUI being that my one tube is blocked and I have a diminishing ovarian reserve. I told her my obgyn said I could still get pregnant naturally with one open tube. I asked her to write me a prescription for Clomid to boost ovulation to help me conceive naturally. She told me no and I need to go back to my obgyn and have him write it. She said she recommends IVF. I said I don't have the money to do IVF right now. And I have faith that I can still conceive with my one open tube. She said it's possible, but IVF is your only option. She leaned back in her chair and folded her arms. I left crying my eyes out. She treated me like I was nothing. Just another number. All she wanted was for me to pay for IVF. She didn't even try to help me doing any other treatments first. No medicine nothing. Just pay her for IVF.
You better have tough skin when dealing with her.
I felt like she treated me like a number. No compassion what so ever. Just the way she talked to me was so cold. I remember on my last appointment with her I told her I was going to continue trying to conceive naturally and she said you can try but IVF is your only option and I wouldn't put it off given your diagnosis.
Only treatment she recommended was IVF. She said given my blocked tubes, diminishing ovarian reserve and my spouse had a issue with the shape of his sperm. Not the count but his motility numbers were a bit low.
The nurses I saw were pretty nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
The clinic was nice. Very clean. Front desk staff were nice and greet you. The 2nd time I went there was a wait but not too long. The clinic was easy to find. They appeared fully staff. I think Dr. Singleton is the only doctor in there. The financial coordinator had a bit of an attitude. It's like they don't try to help their patients. If you don't have money go somewhere else.
I paid a $30 copay. The 2nd opinion was free. They gave me an estimate for IVF. They wanted roughly $6200 upfront, not including medications.

2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Her [Dr. Singleton's] demeanor, and just her presence in general puts you at ease, making everything seem so easy and calm. When there are setbacks or obstacles, she relays this information in the most positive, yet realistic manner. I felt confident in her care and recommend her to everyone in my area who needs reproductive assistance. I am so thankful I found Dr. Singleton and had the courage to switch doctors...
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Singleton was the perfect match for me as my provider. Her demeanor, and just her presence in general puts you at ease, making everything seem so easy and calm. When there are setbacks or obstacles, she relays this information in the most positive, yet realistic manner. I felt confident in her care and recommend her to everyone in my area who needs reproductive assistance. I am so thankful I found Dr. Singleton and had the courage to switch doctors.
You will not regret your decision in choosing Dr. Singleton as your RE. She's invested, she's real, and has a heart of gold. She's on your team no matter what.
The office was very personable from the receptionist, to the phlebotomist. . . to the nurses, doctor and lab personnel. I felt as if I've known them forever, each visit like you are just seeing a friend.
BC pills to regulate cycle Lupron injections Gonal F Trigger Shot Retrieval ICSI with PGS FET
Al the nurses were very compassionate, prompt, and relayed all information in an "easy to digest" manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Fertility Center of Charleston is a small, boutique practice that really gets to know their patients and welcomes them to their "family." I enjoyed going to all of my visits and getting to see everyone. Now since I have "graduated" I certainly miss seeing the crew. Due to the boutique atmosphere, you are not just a patient, you are a friend. You will see the same faces day in and day out, therefore creating a familiar environment in which you feel comfortable. It truly feels as if they are on the journey with you.
Around $24,000.00

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Stephanie Singleton] is very honest and I really appreciate it. She hasn't given us a false sense of hope. I was a little disappointed in our consultation after the first failed round of IVF because she was going to do everything on the second round the same as the first. I don't know if that is what other doctors would do but she wasn't afraid to have me get a second opinion if I wanted one.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Singleton is a very easy person to talk to. She is very good at showing her concern and treating me like an individual. She is very honest and I really appreciate it. She hasn't given us a false sense of hope. I was a little disappointed in our consultation after the first failed round of IVF because she was going to do everything on the second round the same as the first. I don't know if that is what other doctors would do but she wasn't afraid to have me get a second opinion if I wanted one.
Listen to the doctors, do exactly what they say. It was very important that I do that when I had OHSS and it saved me a lot of doctor visits because I followed instructions.
They were very good at listening to our questions and taking the time to answer them. We had questions about our embryo and eggs and they let us talk to the embryologist to make sure we were comfortable with the steps taken.
November 2015 - Start birth control for IVF December 2015 - Stay on birth control and start 10 units of Lupron January 2016 - Stay on Lupron (go down to 5 units) and start GonalF injections. Did the egg retrieval, OHSS (drained fluid for a week or two) and froze embryo. February 2016 - Stop medications except for birth control March 2016 - Embryo Transfer and Progesterone (taken vaginally) and results of a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Leech)
Lindsay Leech is excellent. She was always caring and making sure we got right to the point. She is great at getting back to you within the day and answers all sorts of questions for me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Clean, quiet, hopeful, and organized.
$9000.00 for Procedure $500.00 for Medication

1 IVF, Egg Freezing
[Dr. Stephanie Singleton was] Very knowledgeable and kind. Answered all of our questions. Never felt rushed through our appointments. Very eager to help us achieve our goals and presented alternatives and reassurances to road blocks.... I had two failed IUI’s related to endometriosis and scarring. My protocol was different both times. The first time I took pills and follistim shots and ovulated on my own and the second I used menopur and triggered.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She is very knowledgeable as well as understanding........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
The entire team treats us like family. They seem to truly care about our results. We love our appointments with them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Leech)
She's smart and thorough and is great at explaining the process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
My experience has been great! And that's coming from someone who doesn't have a baby yet. The office is amazing; everyone is incredibly kind and supportive. I miss going to appointments when we've taken breaks. They are such a light in an otherwise stressful time. They're also incredibly professional and I trust them implicitly. This situation would have been a million times harder if we'd been at an office that doesn't have such warm, caring, and confident professionals. We're hoping to try again with our last two embryos sometime early next year and I'm looking forward to seeing them again and hopeful for a great outcome.
Mount Pleasant

[Dr. Singleton] Will talk to you directly about your problems but she is also very careful about not over promising. But very friendly.... Strengths- communication and detail oriented about procedures. She is very cautious about over promising but also doesn't want to discourage any hope. She is very busy so sometimes it feels rushed, but she always takes the time to call you herself for bad news. I haven't received good news yet, so I'm not sure how that process goes.
Go in with questions you want to ask, it gets very scientific and confusing.
I did two IUIs with medication. I used GonalF and HcG trigger shot and progesterone suppositories. I have unexplained infertility so I think my cycles were fairly conservative. Both of my cycles resulted in decent follicle production but didn't get a positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Jessy)
Jessy is very helpful. She was new for my second cycle but she has an understanding and compassionate way about her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Nurses and staff are very nice and helpful. The environment is friendly and as comfortable as can it could be. First time going is hard and you feel insecure but after a few visits it's nice seeing everyone.
We've completed 2 IUI and both were about $1,800.00 plus medications. We are about to start IVF and it's about $16,000.00-$18,000.00 plus medications.
I am about to start IVF she will only do single embryo transfer I believe because of my age I am under 35.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Singleton was straight-forward in her assessments and advice, which I appreciated, while also clearly being empathetic to my situation. I appreciated both her frankness and her warmth. ... . I trusted that she kept up with the latest and greatest in fertility treatments. In the end, we were frustrated because she didn't know what to recommend next—I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility. ... Dr. Singleton is a little more expensive than my first fertility doctor.
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Singleton was warm and caring. I trusted that she kept up with the latest and greatest in fertility treatments. In the end, we were frustrated because she didn't know what to recommend next—I was diagnosed with unexplained fertility.
Take the time to ask all the questions you have—she won't rush you through.
They were all warm and friendly, but they often seemed disorganized. As in, it was unclear that they had actually read my file before contacting me about a treatment, because sometimes I would have to correct them and their assessment.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Dr. Singleton is a little more expensive than my first fertility doctor. And the nurses can be somewhat disorganized. But they're all caring. I never felt like my concerns were being ignored. The clinic itself is clean and well decorated, with water and coffee upon arrival.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Singleton is by far the most compassionate, professional and driven doctor I have seen while trying to conceive. She is incredibly insightful, knowledgeable and a credit to her field. At no time did I feel like a burden or just another patient.... We have not had any cycles yet. However, in helping me gain control of my body and work on my weight, Dr. Singleton prescribed metformin as part of my treatment plan.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Be willing to travel for her care. We drive from Savannah to her office in North Carolina and it is worth the four hour round trip.
I felt like a human because nobody minimized my situation and worked toward finding answers in order to gain some semblance of closure.
Krista and the rest of the clinical staff are fantastic. They get back to their patients in a timely fashion, have no problem hunting down answers and have an impeccable bedside manner
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
The facility is strong in its patient care and communication. They are incredibly well versed in their treatments and care plans. They have the best of the best as their staff. From their receptionist to the nurses, they could not have picked a better team.
Our costs are a bit high because of our need for ICSI and PGS/PGD testing. We were quoted around $15,000-$20,000
For my case, she advocated for eSET.

2014 - 2018
Dr Singleton (unlike doctors since seeing her) did not explore all treatment strategies with me but quickly told me IVF was only way to go. ... She does not look at the entire patient and explore options - only the best end result for her practice and their numbers. ... I would never recommend her to anyone ... Lack of hospitality and care and just as a patient - always felt very routine and that no one's story or hopes were of extreme importance or sensitivity - like a number box on their [Fertility Center of Charleston] day
2014 - 2018
I would never recommend her to anyone and have thought about doing a very candid interview with the local paper to warn other patients. She does not look at the entire patient and explore options - only the best end result for her practice and their numbers.
Look for another doctor.
Lack of hospitality and care and just as a patient - always felt very routine and that no one's story or hopes were of extreme importance or sensitivity - like a number box on their day
Not very timely and never remembered who I was
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Not very timely and heavy on marketing - they seem to like to get patients because of this and the sensitivity of the nature of the practice and issues at hand but end of the day seem to only care about numbers/stats.
They were all very expensive without many options except the usual. They did have payment plans.
None

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other
I cannot say enough good things about Dr Singleton. She is a brilliant Doctor who diagnosed my conditions and treated them appropriately so I could carry a baby full term. She is warm and kind. I appreciated her candor throughout my cycle.... We transferred a single embryo that had been PGS tested. We did not know the gender. Since I had a history of RPL we only transferred one embryo to give me the best chance of carrying full term. I fully supported this decision as we knew the embryo was healthy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other
Choose her!!
Dr. Singleton and her staff treated us a family. All of our questions were answered and all of our fears were put to ease. Whether I was there for testing, blood draws or follow up, I was greeted warmly and was given the best care. I could contact Dr. Singleton or my IVF nurse directly and if I didn't reach them, they would call me back that same day.
We used Lupron, Gonal-F, baby aspirin and Lovenox.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Charleston. (Assigned nurse: Pat)
Excellent! She was organized, friendly and helpful!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
They are excellent!! The Center quickly becomes like family! They all are there to celebrate the good outcomes and to support you through the testing, treatment and any not so good outcomes. They follow up with any questions. Everyone is responsive.
Mount Pleasant
Dr. Singleton is a caring a passionate fertility doctor. She explains things very thoroughly and makes sure the patient understands everything. I felt like she really cared about the end result and not just acquiring patients for her practice. I plan to return in the coming year to continue our journey...I felt like she really cared about me as a person and wanted everything to work out...I’m pretty sure dr. Singleton will not transfer more that one embryo if you’re under 35
Be open to all possibilities.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Strengths include: ease of obtaining an appointment, communication, passion from all employees, cleanliness, kindness. I really don’t think I can recall any real weaknesses that were of any significance.
~16,000. My insurance covered some of it so our out of pocket costs were around 9,000
For the most part, I’m pretty sure dr. Singleton will not transfer more that one embryo if you’re under 35
Mount Pleasant

[Dr. Stephanie Singleton is] Very professional and compassionate. Her clinic is well run and very organized. I saw her for trial transfer and transfer itself only; other appointments were done by her nurse practionier who is very great.... Understand you may not see her at every appointment... [The nursing staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas were] Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.
European, Other
Understand you may not see her at every appointment
Good communication, welcoming staff
Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
Sometimes morning appointments were running late
Around $3,500 I believe for frozen embryo transfer
Mount Pleasant

dr Singleton is incredibly sweet but her practice and operations [Fertility Center of Charleston] have gotten away from her ... 3- her talented embryologist runs the clinic “from afar”- we requested the qualifications of the embryologist who is local and were given none. ... this is not the same practice it was when we were there in 2015. Dr. Singleton needs to take on more doctors and overhaul her staff and train them properly.
I could write a book- but here’s the gist- 1- dr Singleton is incredibly sweet but her practice and operations have gotten away from her 2- she cannot keep any staff other than the phlebotomist, receptionist, and practice manager 3- her talented embryologist runs the clinic “from afar”- we requested the qualifications of the embryologist who is local and were given none. Subsequently, our embryo didn’t survive thaw. I heard from another patient- same thing happened to her two weeks prior- statistically, that’s practically impossible. 4- she refuses to disclose her success rates- huge red flag We are now with the other practice in Charleston- they are a well oiled machine and a night and day difference!
Do your homework, demand recent success rates independently verified, and request credentials/education/qualifications of her staff
I saw Dr Singleton in 2015- we will be forever grateful for her for giving us our daughter then. But when we came back in 2018, the practice was completely different- the staff is different and not incredibly competent and new, the practice has gotten too big for the one physician, and the embryologist had no bedside manner.
Forgetting to schedule me for a endometrial scratch, blowing me off when calling about headaches and symptoms and refusing to put me through to doctor, and inability to answer a single question I asked of her
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Charleston.
It’s a zoo- too many patients, not enough staff. Expect wait times of at least 30-60 minutes. The phlebotomist is also the sonographer- no clue what Sort of training she has undergone but had lots of problems visualizing various things including number of follicles and my bladder. Since I left, I am pretty sure that the entire nursing staff has turned over. The practice manager is cold as a fish and generally unhelpful and unpleasant.