Fertility Center of Charleston

843-881-7400
1280 Hospital Drive
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
843-881-7400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephanie Singleton to a friend?
She [Dr. Singleton] explained my PCOS in very easy to understand terms and explained that bc of my situation only IVF would be possible. I cried, bc I was scared, but she grabbed my hand and told me not to cry, that everything is possible and she would do everything she could to help me. I can’t wait to continue treatment soon. She is an angel in scrubs.... She breaks everything down so that you understand. She also tells you the truths, not just what you want to hear.
How was your experience with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
After being scared to see a fertility specialist for 8 years, we went to see her. She explained my PCOS in very easy to understand terms and explained that bc of my situation only IVF would be possible. I cried, bc I was scared, but she grabbed my hand and told me not to cry, that everything is possible and she would do everything she could to help me. I can’t wait to continue treatment soon. She is an angel in scrubs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Know that she will tell you everything you both want and need to hear. She will explain everything to you and you will not leave her office wondering or not having an answer to all your questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
She breaks everything down so that you understand. She also tells you the truths, not just what you want to hear. She made us feel so much better, that after 8 years of trying, it is possible with treatment to have a healthy baby...
Describe the protocols Stephanie Singleton used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
I haven’t started treatment but have had all testing and work ups done. Waiting to start
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Jessica Beazly)
Jessica is the one who is helping me get back into the system. Giving me information on what tests are needed, etc. she has been a great help. both phone and emails are always answered
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Everyone from front desk, to lab assistants are so caring and compassionate. It is a very scary feeling but from the time you start with the clinic they make you feel safe and like everyone else. The most intimidating person in the clinic is the financial team. But it’s not a bad intimidating, it’s just frustrating to hear that your dream of being a mother depends on your credit history or what type of loans you can get. This is actually what stopped my treatment bc we couldn’t get a loan, but I think we are to a point now that we will be ready.. still praying
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My treatment was going to be $14,000 approximately. This is why I had to put my treatment on hold
Describe Stephanie Singleton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
No comment
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Her [Dr. Singleton's] demeanor, and just her presence in general puts you at ease, making everything seem so easy and calm. When there are setbacks or obstacles, she relays this information in the most positive, yet realistic manner. I felt confident in her care and recommend her to everyone in my area who needs reproductive assistance. I am so thankful I found Dr. Singleton and had the courage to switch doctors...
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Singleton was the perfect match for me as my provider. Her demeanor, and just her presence in general puts you at ease, making everything seem so easy and calm. When there are setbacks or obstacles, she relays this information in the most positive, yet realistic manner. I felt confident in her care and recommend her to everyone in my area who needs reproductive assistance. I am so thankful I found Dr. Singleton and had the courage to switch doctors.
You will not regret your decision in choosing Dr. Singleton as your RE. She's invested, she's real, and has a heart of gold. She's on your team no matter what.
The office was very personable from the receptionist, to the phlebotomist. . . to the nurses, doctor and lab personnel. I felt as if I've known them forever, each visit like you are just seeing a friend.
BC pills to regulate cycle Lupron injections Gonal F Trigger Shot Retrieval ICSI with PGS FET
Al the nurses were very compassionate, prompt, and relayed all information in an "easy to digest" manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Fertility Center of Charleston is a small, boutique practice that really gets to know their patients and welcomes them to their "family." I enjoyed going to all of my visits and getting to see everyone. Now since I have "graduated" I certainly miss seeing the crew. Due to the boutique atmosphere, you are not just a patient, you are a friend. You will see the same faces day in and day out, therefore creating a familiar environment in which you feel comfortable. It truly feels as if they are on the journey with you.
Around $24,000.00
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Stephanie Singleton] is very honest and I really appreciate it. She hasn't given us a false sense of hope. I was a little disappointed in our consultation after the first failed round of IVF because she was going to do everything on the second round the same as the first. I don't know if that is what other doctors would do but she wasn't afraid to have me get a second opinion if I wanted one.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Singleton is a very easy person to talk to. She is very good at showing her concern and treating me like an individual. She is very honest and I really appreciate it. She hasn't given us a false sense of hope. I was a little disappointed in our consultation after the first failed round of IVF because she was going to do everything on the second round the same as the first. I don't know if that is what other doctors would do but she wasn't afraid to have me get a second opinion if I wanted one.
Listen to the doctors, do exactly what they say. It was very important that I do that when I had OHSS and it saved me a lot of doctor visits because I followed instructions.
They were very good at listening to our questions and taking the time to answer them. We had questions about our embryo and eggs and they let us talk to the embryologist to make sure we were comfortable with the steps taken.
November 2015 - Start birth control for IVF December 2015 - Stay on birth control and start 10 units of Lupron January 2016 - Stay on Lupron (go down to 5 units) and start GonalF injections. Did the egg retrieval, OHSS (drained fluid for a week or two) and froze embryo. February 2016 - Stop medications except for birth control March 2016 - Embryo Transfer and Progesterone (taken vaginally) and results of a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Leech)
Lindsay Leech is excellent. She was always caring and making sure we got right to the point. She is great at getting back to you within the day and answers all sorts of questions for me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Clean, quiet, hopeful, and organized.
$9000.00 for Procedure $500.00 for Medication
Mt. Pleasant
[Dr. Singleton] Will talk to you directly about your problems but she is also very careful about not over promising. But very friendly.... Strengths- communication and detail oriented about procedures. She is very cautious about over promising but also doesn't want to discourage any hope. She is very busy so sometimes it feels rushed, but she always takes the time to call you herself for bad news. I haven't received good news yet, so I'm not sure how that process goes.
Go in with questions you want to ask, it gets very scientific and confusing.
I did two IUIs with medication. I used GonalF and HcG trigger shot and progesterone suppositories. I have unexplained infertility so I think my cycles were fairly conservative. Both of my cycles resulted in decent follicle production but didn't get a positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Jessy)
Jessy is very helpful. She was new for my second cycle but she has an understanding and compassionate way about her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Nurses and staff are very nice and helpful. The environment is friendly and as comfortable as can it could be. First time going is hard and you feel insecure but after a few visits it's nice seeing everyone.
We've completed 2 IUI and both were about $1,800.00 plus medications. We are about to start IVF and it's about $16,000.00-$18,000.00 plus medications.
I am about to start IVF she will only do single embryo transfer I believe because of my age I am under 35.
Mt. Pleasant
[Dr. Stephanie Singleton was] Very knowledgeable and kind. Answered all of our questions. Never felt rushed through our appointments. Very eager to help us achieve our goals and presented alternatives and reassurances to road blocks.... I had two failed IUI’s related to endometriosis and scarring. My protocol was different both times. The first time I took pills and follistim shots and ovulated on my own and the second I used menopur and triggered.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Our nurse coordinator was very responsive to emails and extremely helpful during our process. Every member of the team was kind and helpful through all of the steps
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Krysta)
Very responsive to emails and kind
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
We live in Savannah so it is extremely helpful that the clinic holds office hours here. Most of our ultrasounds were done here in Savannah. The clinic is small but beautiful and located inside Candler Hospital. For actual IUI and HSG testing we drive to Charleston. I do wish we could meet with Dr. Singleton more regularly but our location creates a challenge.
My clinic only does single transfers. I support this, I believe it is safer for mother and baby. It also doesn’t increase the chances of success.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Singleton is by far the most compassionate, professional and driven doctor I have seen while trying to conceive. She is incredibly insightful, knowledgeable and a credit to her field. At no time did I feel like a burden or just another patient.... We have not had any cycles yet. However, in helping me gain control of my body and work on my weight, Dr. Singleton prescribed metformin as part of my treatment plan.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Be willing to travel for her care. We drive from Savannah to her office in North Carolina and it is worth the four hour round trip.
I felt like a human because nobody minimized my situation and worked toward finding answers in order to gain some semblance of closure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Krista and the rest of the clinical staff are fantastic. They get back to their patients in a timely fashion, have no problem hunting down answers and have an impeccable bedside manner
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The facility is strong in its patient care and communication. They are incredibly well versed in their treatments and care plans. They have the best of the best as their staff. From their receptionist to the nurses, they could not have picked a better team.
Our costs are a bit high because of our need for ICSI and PGS/PGD testing. We were quoted around $15,000-$20,000
For my case, she advocated for eSET.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She [Dr. Singleton] is very knowledgeable as well as understanding....The entire team treats us like family. They seem to truly care about our results. We love our appointments with them! My experience has been great! And that's coming from someone who doesn't have a baby yet. The office is amazing; everyone is incredibly kind and supportive. I miss going to appointments when we've taken breaks.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
She is very knowledgeable as well as understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Leech)
She's smart and thorough and is great at explaining the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My experience has been great! And that's coming from someone who doesn't have a baby yet. The office is amazing; everyone is incredibly kind and supportive. I miss going to appointments when we've taken breaks. They are such a light in an otherwise stressful time. They're also incredibly professional and I trust them implicitly. This situation would have been a million times harder if we'd been at an office that doesn't have such warm, caring, and confident professionals. We're hoping to try again with our last two embryos sometime early next year and I'm looking forward to seeing them again and hopeful for a great outcome.
Mt. Pleasant
[Dr. Stephanie Singleton is] Very professional and compassionate. Her clinic is well run and very organized. I saw her for trial transfer and transfer itself only; other appointments were done by her nurse practionier who is very great.... Understand you may not see her at every appointment... [The nursing staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas were] Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.
European, Other
Understand you may not see her at every appointment
Good communication, welcoming staff
Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Sometimes morning appointments were running late
Around $3,500 I believe for frozen embryo transfer