Medical SchoolEmory University
New Haven
150 Sargent Drive
New Haven, CT 06511
203-785-4708
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephen Collins to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Yale University to a friend?
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Collins was always available for me to meet with him with questions. He would sit and give me time to explain my thoughts and feelings. ... He will treat you like the patient who deserves the best and most up to date information. ... My final retrieval I had OHSS, but I wouldn’t have changed this at all because of the success of the retrieval. ...He’s constantly referencing the most recent research and providing me with articles to review for my own knowledge!
The doctors and people [at Yale University] are amazing, but the main office where you go for procedures has you wait in a line to get seen. It’s a little odd there’s not a better system in place but hopefully this can be improved. ... I always got there first thing and never waited. I’d be first or second to get there and it was relatively quick! Loved that I’d get to chat with the doctors with what they were seeing and how things were progressing
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Collins at Yale University?
Dr Collins was always available for me to meet with him with questions. He would sit and give me time to explain my thoughts and feelings. He described all the processes very well. I wouldn’t change my doctor no matter how many rounds we’d have to do to get to a miracle baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Collins at Yale University?
This is a doctor you can trust. He will treat you like the patient who deserves the best and most up to date information. He’s constantly referencing the most recent research and providing me with articles to review for my own knowledge!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Collins at Yale University?
Every time I walked into their office they knew my DOB, asked how I was doing, and took the time to listen.
Describe the protocols Stephen Collins used in your cycles at Yale University and their degree of success.
Ivf retrieval 1- we went light on gonal and had to cancel this round. Ivf retrieval 2- increased gonal and menopur. Ended up with 12 eggs retrieved, 5 mature and fertilized, 1 barely made it to blast. We transferred that one of poor quality and it didn’t work. Ivf retrieval 3- we did a priming with Estrace 2 weeks before my period. We increased gonal and menopur again. We retrieved 24 eggs, 16 mature and fertilized, 5 made it to blast. My final retrieval I had OHSS, but I wouldn’t have changed this at all because of the success of the retrieval. My doctors always kept me updating them with my health and I never felt nervous. I had my first frozen egg transfer (letrozole, gonal, pio shots and endometrin inserts) and am currently going through a chemical pregnancy and waiting for my hcg levels to lower.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Yale University. (Assigned nurse: Maureen, Vanessa, Patrick)
Couldn’t say enough good things. Always there for me, smiled, sent me great messages to make me feel supported. Love them!
Describe your experience with Yale University.
The doctors and people are amazing, but the main office where you go for procedures has you wait in a line to get seen. It’s a little odd there’s not a better system in place but hopefully this can be improved.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Yale University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Collins at Yale University.
A lot was covered by insurance, however we paid for all medications and will pay for our next transfer.
Describe Stephen Collins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Yale University.
It makes sense and it’s hard to agree with but I do. For someone in my situation, a one embryo transfer is preferred.
Westport

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Collins at Yale University.

We’re still in the beginning stages but weight loss was discussed [with Dr. Stephen Collins], and doing different procedures to ensure my tubes are clear, and my uterus has no polyps or abnormalities. Blood work has been done and femara has been discussed as a treatment option over clomid...I felt like a human, he had a nice personal folder with all my information and upcoming procedures, but I can tell he has done this many times before. The questions felt rehearsed and there wasn’t much enthusiasm in the consultation. I am happy he was willing to take action right away and start baseline blood work..he also had a treatment plan in place, and lined up an appointment for a sonohystergram
the sperm analysis will be about $360 [at Yale University-New Haven]...I am new to this clinic but they have a nice atmosphere, free coffee, with a knowledgeable staff, who are kind and caring. I am not sure of any weaknesses yet, but their strengths would definitely be experience and knowledge...I had questions and she [nurse] was able to call me back right away and sort it out...We’re still in the beginning stages but weight loss was discussed [with Dr. Stephen Collins], and doing different procedures to ensure my tubes are clear,
European, Latino
How was your experience with Stephen Collins at Yale University?
I just started treatment with Dr. Collins and so far it’s going well. I am waiting on blood work and I go for a sonohystergram tomorrow (9/27) He is my second fertility doctor, as the first one quit his practice half way through treatment. My obgyn tried to take over, but her experience in fertility is limited and I was referred to a reproductive endocrinologist for further treatment. I am excited and hopeful that I will receive the right care with Dr. Collins
Have your past medical history and test results on hand as it helps for reference at the consultation. Also if you can, don’t go alone..Dr.Collins and his team were great but it would’ve been nice to have some emotional support from my significant other or a friend.
We’re still in the beginning stages but weight loss was discussed, and doing different procedures to ensure my tubes are clear, and my uterus has no polyps or abnormalities. Blood work has been done and femara has been discussed as a treatment option over clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Yale University.
I had questions and she was able to call me back right away and sort it out
Describe your experience with Yale University.
So far everything has been covered by insurance, but once we move past the diagnosis stage, nothing is covered. Any fertility drugs and further treatment will come out of pocket..the sperm analysis will be about $360.
We have not done any of these procedures so I can not comment
New Haven