Reproductive Gynecology

Medical SchoolN. Eastern Ohio U.
ResidencySumma Health
Westerville
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephen Mooney to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need.... The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.
Canton
I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.... Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Mooney is very to the point with you. He tells you the plan of action and makes sure you and your partner are ok with it. He might run late almost all the time but he is worth it. I mentally have had to take breaks every 4-5 months and he encourages it. He tells me we will do whatever I am comfortable with. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.... I originally was on Clomid which did mature my follicles nicely . I did several rounds with timed intercourse. Timed intercourse was not a good route for my husband and I , we would fight all the time and it felt like a chore. Finally we switched to Clomid with IUI and we did 2 rounds with no success. On the last round of Clomid I didn't produce any follicles which was surprising since I do not have a medical condition. I was switched to Lutzerol mid cycle. It did grow two follicles so we did another IUI which also failed.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Never give up, Dr. Mooney is a very smart man. He will make it happen one day.
Dr. Mooney has always been very to the point with my husband and I . I however never felt like he was just trying to make money. I felt like he actually cared about us and wanted us to become parents. We had stopped trying for a while in 2015 after my mom passed away and we actually got pregnant on our own. It ended in miscarriage which I had to go to the ER for. Dr. Mooney was sadden by this and he almost had tears in his eyes.
The staff is very nice but they do not seem personable. They never really remember you which I think patients would feel more comfortable if they did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The canton office is usually behind on seeing patients so be prepared to wait a while. Overall its worth it.
Clomid was usually under $100 which my insurance did not cover. I also had the injection to help release my egg which was another $100 each month. IUI its self was around $700. All of which needs to paid up front.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING!..He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing...! Only one downfall...He is always running late! ...I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! ...I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I can not describe enough praise for Dr Mooney! An example; he explained in terms exactly what is wrong with me! My regular gyno made me feel like I needed surgery and they wouldn't do anything else to help me! Dr Mooney immediately wanted to do an ultrasound to see what my gyno was talking about and he stopped our consultation to do it! And explained while the procedure that it was cosmetic and nothing to worry about! He then had us go back to the consultation room and laid everything out on the table! I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! Only one downfall...He is always running late! It drives my husband crazy, but I honestly don't care!! I would wait all day for him!!
Be prepared to get comfortable in the waiting room! He is an AMAZING Dr! It's worth the wait!
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING! He doesn't treat you like a child and doesn't sugar coat anything! I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing, they did not! We then moved immediately to letrozole and monitored me with ultrasounds again, and again no growing of my follicles! So we proceeded to injections ( Follistim) around 150iui every day and monitored me again with ultrasounds, this time it worked!! First cylcle we tried on our own with intercourse, didn't get pregnant! I had to take a break after that cylce because I had so many cysts form! We proceeded again 2 more times with the Follistim and intercourse, and no baby! Each time I had to take a break because of the cysts that appeared! Our last cycle we did we tried the IUI along with the Follistim and again a no go! He then said we could try another round of the iui with follistim, but in our eyes it was just draining us emotionally and financially! So our next step is IVF!
So sweet! Every single one of them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!
Roughly each cycle we did with follistim was $2000 each! We did 4 cycles with that! So $8000 including blood work, ultrasounds and office visit charges.
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Dr Mooney has recommended for us to do IVF and will only allow 2 embryos to be transferred into me. I am a short statured woman and 2 babies is pushing it he said! He wants the babies and me to be healthy
PCOS, Unexplained
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very down to earth. He really doesn't hold anything back and so you know when he is angry, when he is frustrated and when he is in a good mood. I felt that he dealt best with me when we were first consulting with him and then once we were pregnant. As treatments were going on, I often felt that I wasn't important enough for the time to answer my questions, he accused me of being overly emotional and too sensitive to the setbacks in my treatment and I felt more comfortable talking to one of the other doctors in the practice when I would see her. Overall, Dr. Mooney did what he set out to do, and I did get pregnant, but his bedside manner left something to be desired.
Have a tough skin when you meet with him--understand that he will curse, he will be blunt, and he doesn't sugar-coat anything.
Dr. Mooney was great when I first met with him and then again once we actually got pregnant, but in-between, I felt that he was often times difficult to deal with because he didn't know how to handle my emotions (and let's face it, we are all super hormonal when we are on these treatments) and would sometimes yell and curse and get upset because of something I said or that his staff did. I felt that he took out his frustration on us from time to time, but ultimately, he did get me pregnant...
I began seeing Dr. Mooney after a miscarriage and three failed attempts of Clomid with my OBGYN. He decided to to Clomid again, and I ended up taking it for 4 more months. In my opinion, this was not optimal and I was ready to try something different as the Clomid obviously wasn't working. From there, he did a laparoscopic exploratory surgery to check for endometriosis, scar tissue and other complications. This came back showing that everything was normal, so we began a course of Letrazole/Femara. The side effects with this were less than the Clomid, but I didn't ovulate as much. We did 3 months of this, adding IUI to the last cycle. When this didn't work either, we began to do injectable medications and did 2 rounds of IUI during that cycle as well. I did get pregnant with twins from this treatment.
The nursing staff is what makes this practice. I personally enjoyed dealing with them and they always helped to answer any questions I had. I appreciated their compassion and was very happy with them overall.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule).
The costs of any infertility treatment are high, but I was fortunate enough to have really good insurance, so despite being treated for over a year, I only spent about $1500 out of pocket.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Mooney is always so professional and personable at the same time. He knows my husband and I and all of our history. He makes us laugh while always being honest about expectations. He listens and always tries to do what is best for us...You may have to wait a bit for appointments sometimes, but that is only because he gives individual attention to each patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is a honest, to the point type of doctor. He is realistic about giving expectations, while hopeful for the best outcome possible. He is kind, funny and above all very good at listening. We recommend him highly to anyone going through infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins & Emily Bowman )
Both women are exceptional at answering the multitude of questions that go along with infertility treatments. They are kind, patient and honest.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is always so friendly whenever we visit. Everyone from the Phlebotomist Kim, to the reception ladies, to the lab staff are so welcoming. Occasionally you have to wait in the waiting room for your appointment, but that is because they pay so much attention to each person when it is time for their visit.
Akron
He [Dr. Mooney] was friendly and gentle. He made me laugh when I was nervous during procedures....I’ve only done 3 rounds of treatment with Dr. Mooney so far, but I like his bedside manner and how he makes me feel comfortable. He adjusts my treatments when I don’t respond well instead of wasting cycles and answers my questions bluntly. He seems to show up late to the clinic often though...
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Make sure to plan 1-2 hours for any appointment you make! He often runs very behind.
He was friendly and gentle. He made me laugh when I was nervous during procedures.
He put me on letrozole after I had 3 failed clomid cycles with another doctor. I didn’t respond too well to 7.5 mg, and then 10 mg either. He started me on follistim and got the dose correct. I did 7 days of stims before triggering 4 follicles.
They were kind and compassionate. Some are better with blood draws and shots than others!
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Mooney is very open and honest. He will be forthcoming with his opinion, but this will always be in the patient's best interest.... Over the time I have been his patient I always feel that he knows and cares about me and wants the best for me. He always takes time to exaplin my situation, medications, and course of action very thoroughly. He uses analogies to make medical situations relatable and understandable. He has a great sense of humor, making him relatable yet again.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Mooney to friends and family. Over the time I have been his patient I always feel that he knows and cares about me and wants the best for me. He always takes time to exaplin my situation, medications, and course of action very thoroughly. He uses analogies to make medical situations relatable and understandable. He has a great sense of humor, making him relatable yet again. He is also compassionate and serious when need be.
Dr. Mooney always takes the time needed to answer all of my questions thoroughly and uses relatable analogies to help me better understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The nursing staff at RGI is kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I have only positive things to say about RGI. They work with you financially, care about you personally, and are a top notch practice.
My insurance covers most finances.
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was great. Always took his time and never rushed. Made sure all my questions were answered. Always addressed my concerns.
May have to wait to see him, but it's worth it because of the time he takes with you.
Dr. Mooney was great. Took his time, never rushed through any exams/consultations. Heard when I was concerned and took action. I felt more like a number when it came to the other doctors and some of the nurses.
There are a few who are wonderful and never make you feel stupid when you have questions or concerns. There are others who rush and seem annoyed with you.