Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolN. Eastern Ohio U.
ResidencySumma Health
Westerville
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephen Mooney to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. .... This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time” ... He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. ...
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is direct and works to help you in the wait. On the first visit he said, “As much as we might learn to like each other, I want you out of my clinic and back to your primary OB as fast as possible with a healthy pregnancy”. This felt like there was finally a sense of urgency to help me get pregnant quickly rather than my other doctor just saying I “wasn’t a geriatric pregnancy and not to worry and take our time”
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Why wait? Make an appointment!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was very personable, and took a lot of time to talk to be about my life and his life in my initial consultation. Even though he was late due to an emergency surgery (not his fault) he really tried to make up for it
Describe the protocols Stephen Mooney used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I’ve done three rounds of Clomid with a prior doctor without successful pregnancy, he switched me to leteozole because I only ever ovulated with one egg using Clomid and never got pregnant-he said some women respond better to a different fertility Med. I ovulated with three eggs (two mature) first cycle without IUI, second cycle with 4 eggs (3 mature) with IUI (tried IUI second cycle due to no success without)
Janie is my favorite nurse ANYWHERE. She does all my blood work and injections and if I could a I would have every blood draw ever taken from her-I hate having blood taken and she does so good
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Clinic is part of a larger office building and somewhat difficult to find at first (5th floor, right off the elevator and down a hall to your left!) Parking is convenient and free. Sitting area somewhat small (not as large and luxurious as the Akron office)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.
Roughly $100-200 for intravaginal ultrasounds, $500 for IUI, trigger shot only ordered through Barron’s pharmacy for $170
Describe Stephen Mooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
Unsure
Canton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He did my laparoscopy bc i had a blocked Fallopian tube. He diagnosed me with endometriosis....When Dr. Mooney failed to tell me how diseases my tubes were.. if I would have known all this back then, I would have started ivf right away. He didn’t tell me crucial information that I needed to know in order to make an educated decision....
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He did my laparoscopy bc i had a blocked Fallopian tube. He diagnosed me with endometriosis. He showed me pictures of my reproductive organs and showed me the spots of endometriosis and he said he removed them. He also said my tubes were cleared and they looked great (I recorded the visit and listened to it a few months later). I started seeing another fertility dr and she showed me the same pictures and showed me how damaged my tubes were from endometriosis. She said even if I were to get pregnant on my own, I’d have a high chance of an ectopic pregnancy. It’s obvious my tubes are diseased. I’m upset bc this is now a year later and if I would have known all this back then, I would have started ivf right away. He didn’t tell me crucial information that I needed to know in order to make an educated decision.
See one of the othe doctors in the practice
There were times he’d come in the room and be awesome! Nice and funny. Then other times he’d come in and you could tell something or someone (probably himself) put him in a bad mood. I felt like I couldn’t ask him any questions. If I did p, he’d stand there with his arms crossed and I would lose my train of thought.
I took Femara for three months and each month had a trigger shot Ovidrel. The third month I did iui. Had an ultrasound to confirm ovulation. He told me when my husband and I should have intercourse.
I loved them! They were all so nice and sweet. Very compassionate. One nurse asked my cousin how I was doing after she hadn’t seen me in awhile.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are great at returning phone calls. The doctors travel between a few offices so sometimes it’s hard to schedule your appointment at an office that’s convenient for you or to know when they’re in.
I had 4 ultrasounds at $200 a piece. Blood work for pregnancy diagnosis, 2 at $20. Iui was $500. Hysteroscopy was $600. Consultations were $140! 3 of those. Not sure how much other blood tests were. Surgery was a couple thousand dollars
Did not do this

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need.... The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney has been very proactive with his treatment. He wanted to get as much testing and information gathered to help diagnosis all factors of infertility right from the start. He takes time to answer questions and makes sure you have all the information you need. One downside is that you often have to wait a long time(45 minutes to a hour) for your appointment to start because he is almost always running late.
Schedule appointments on days that you have a lot of time.
He was personable and took time to talk with us and answer our questions.
The only treatment I have experienced so far is surgery for endometriosis. I went ahead with it because of a family history of endometriosis and painful periods. We have not seen the results of surgery yet as it has only been 3 months. My husband was treated for 3 months with Clomid to raise testosterone levels which did rise after one month and are waiting the results of the 3 month semen analysis. We will go back for further treatment after those results come back.
They are very friendly and personable. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable even in uncomfortable situations.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a lot of appointments available and as a new patient, we got in within a week of calling them. They are quick to return calls and are very helpful when you call. They provide you with a lot of printed information which is helpful to refer back to after your appointment. They give you detailed information about scheduling tests(ex. semen analysis) so you know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.
Each appointment was $120 which we paid $40 copay. Each semen analysis was $200 out of pocket. My endometriosis surgery was over $8,000(about 80% was covered by insurance). My husband's Clomid prescription was about $10 a month.
Canton

I am so thankful we found dr Mooney. We always felt taken care of and like he truly cared about us succeeding at starting a family. There were a few appointments I felt confused when I left and had to call back in the office to clarify medication or when to start it, etc. but over all our experience with Dr. Mooney has been fantastic.... Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He tells it like it is so you have to be okay with a blunt doctor.
It doesn’t matter how busy dr Mooney is it if he comes in late for a consult, when you’re in the room with him you have his undivided attention. You are the most important thing in that moment. He’s great for a pep talk after a negative cycle, as well.
Our very firsy protocol was trying clomid + trigger shot. We thought I just needed to ovulate and we’d be pregnant but I started my period before the two week wait was up so the next cycle we did clomid + trigger shot + progesterone. This cycle failed as well so we scheduled the next cycle the same way but also made an appt for a consult to discuss the next step for us. Dr Mooney doesn’t believe in continuing to do something if it’s not working. So, we had a consult and decided to try IUI with cycles 4-6 and then starting with cycle 7, move on to IVF if I’m not pregnant yet. He wasn’t necessarily confident in the IUI working because we have no make factor and my only Issue is low egg count. But with insurance requirements, I had to complete 6 cycles before moving into something else so the idea was, “why not?” We had nothing to lose. We switched to letrozole + trigger + IUI + progesterone. We are currently on cycle 5 in total, the second IUI cycle. If this cycle doesn’t work, we will do one more and move on to IVF.
If it weren’t for the amazing care we receive with dr Mooney, we likely would have already switched clinics because of the nurse and office staff. Getting a nurse to call you back is very difficult. We also have received some very stressful information from nurses that came back to be incorrect and almost resulted in a cancelled IUI but of course, no one would call me back. I was also given incorrect medication directions by a nurse and it would have wasted the entire cycle if I hadn’t called back and clarified with another nurse. I feel like we are paying way too much money for me to still have to constantly verify things and be on edge that something else is going to happen.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I would want a new patient to know that it is very difficult to get an actual Person on the phone. Be prepared to leave messages and wait by your phone for a call back. It would also be stellar to know up front about any costs that you will need to pay for up front so you come prepared, and don’t have to scramble. If the office was more organized and communicated better I think this would be a much less stressful experience.
Each IUI cycle is roughly $1200 for us WITH insurance. We’ve spent roughly 10-12 thousand between all the diagnostic procedures, ultrasounds, and cycles.
Akron

He [Dr. Mooney] always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions...I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not...He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
When I first met with Dr. Mooney for the consultation I immediately liked and felt at ease with him. He was knowledgeable and professional, but could also be a “regular guy” and help you relax and feel more at ease. He does have a tendency to try and lighten the mood which I enjoyed but someone else might not. He was always willing to answer my questions, I had a lot. He would also listen to my requests for my treatment and explain why he would agree or disagree but in the end he let me have the final say which I really appreciated. I felt heard and treated with respect. The only “negative” I can say is that he can come off as slightly “cocky” sometimes, but overall I don’t think that’s too much of a bad thing because I want my doctor to be confident in his abilities.
Speak up when you have questions or concerns, and be prepared for a lot of emotions.
He always greeted me by name, and took time to explain things and answer my questions.
I started off using clomid (50) and dexamethasone to stimulate ovulation and lower testosterone, respectively. That was unsuccessful so I moved on to clomid 100 and produced one follicle and used the “trigger shot” that I can’t remember the name of. That cycle was unsuccessful so we started again at 100, no results, moved up to 150 and actually missed ovulation by the time I went for the mid cycle ultrasound so that cycle was essentially a bust. Next tried 150 clomid again, no results so we moved on to letrozole and still continued the dexamethasone. The first cycle was unsuccessful but we repeated the same dosage and had two follicles form, used the trigger shot again and I requested to use IUI at that time. We ended up with a negative test and have not returned since.
The nursing staff was great, very friendly and sensitive to what I was going through. They were always willing to offer a smile or a hug, whatever I needed and I always felt like I was talking to friends when interacting with them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has multiple locations and extended hours including weekends so it is easy to get in at a time that works best for you. They were seemingly always running slightly behind, especially with afternoon appointments I would occasionally not go back until almost an hour after my appointment time. They also were not very sensitive when it comes to payment and they would not offer a payment plan when my insurance did not cover and I had to self pay. They did offer a self pay “discount” but every appointment cost at least $200 and I had them about once a week so it was very expensive and they didn’t seem to care or offer any alternatives.
Each ultrasound visit was $200 for self pay. IUI was $500. Semen analysis was around $150. Clomid, and letrozole costs were quite small. The ovidrel shot was approximately $100 but I had a “compassion care” discount through the pharmacy.
Akron

Dr. Mooney walked me through my options, the process and pros/cons openly and clearly. He listened to my concerns and frustrations. Upon bour coming pregnant, I was very scared I would miscarriage again. He offered to see me for a weekly check to ease my fears and help me feel more comfortable.... He is very blunt and straight forward so if that is not the type of doctor you work well with he may not be the one for you. But, he will make an emotional and oftentimes taxing process as comfortable as it can be.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney walked me through my options, the process and pros/cons openly and clearly. He listened to my concerns and frustrations. Upon bour coming pregnant, I was very scared I would miscarriage again. He offered to see me for a weekly check to ease my fears and help me feel more comfortable. After 3 weeks of weekly visits, my fears started to ease and I was able to go to visits every two weeks without having great anxiety. I have recommended Dr. Mooney to three friends.
He always took the time to listen & talk through concerns. His staff was friendly, courteous and caring. He has a great sense of humor and is very down to earth. He always talked to me about my work and joked around with me.
All of my cycles were done via IUI. All but one cycle was done using Clomid. Clomid was recommended as an option bto cause it would help to regulate my cycle to better predict ovulation. We reviewed the risks of using Clomid in great detail. One cycle was done using injectibles. That was after several attempts with Clomid and my body starting to see the beginning of some adverse side effects. Ultimately, I returned to more cycles with Clomid after taking a year break from trying. All cycles used donor sperm as a single woman attempting pregnancy. My 3rd cycle (IUI with Clomid) resulted in an early miscarriage. My last cycle (IUI with Clomid) resulted in my son.
All of the nurses that I interacted with were compassionate and efficient. They answered questions, reiterated processes, next steps and instructions well. When I went through my miscarriage they were so kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton clinic is very small. They tend to be incredibly busy. It is common for the waiting room to be full. It is also common to experience delays for appointments and be seen past your appointment time. The clinic is very clean, tastefully decorates and comfortable.
Approximately, $500-$550 for the IUI treatment and $35 fee for donor sperm thawing. The rest of my costs were covered by insurance so I’m not sure of the total expenses.

2014 - 2017
Dr. Mooney is very to the point with you. He tells you the plan of action and makes sure you and your partner are ok with it. He might run late almost all the time but he is worth it. I mentally have had to take breaks every 4-5 months and he encourages it. He tells me we will do whatever I am comfortable with. I wouldn't want to see anyone else.... I originally was on Clomid which did mature my follicles nicely . I did several rounds with timed intercourse. Timed intercourse was not a good route for my husband and I , we would fight all the time and it felt like a chore. Finally we switched to Clomid with IUI and we did 2 rounds with no success. On the last round of Clomid I didn't produce any follicles which was surprising since I do not have a medical condition. I was switched to Lutzerol mid cycle. It did grow two follicles so we did another IUI which also failed.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Never give up, Dr. Mooney is a very smart man. He will make it happen one day.
Dr. Mooney has always been very to the point with my husband and I . I however never felt like he was just trying to make money. I felt like he actually cared about us and wanted us to become parents. We had stopped trying for a while in 2015 after my mom passed away and we actually got pregnant on our own. It ended in miscarriage which I had to go to the ER for. Dr. Mooney was sadden by this and he almost had tears in his eyes.
The staff is very nice but they do not seem personable. They never really remember you which I think patients would feel more comfortable if they did.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The canton office is usually behind on seeing patients so be prepared to wait a while. Overall its worth it.
Clomid was usually under $100 which my insurance did not cover. I also had the injection to help release my egg which was another $100 each month. IUI its self was around $700. All of which needs to paid up front.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING!..He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing...! Only one downfall...He is always running late! ...I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! ...I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I can not describe enough praise for Dr Mooney! An example; he explained in terms exactly what is wrong with me! My regular gyno made me feel like I needed surgery and they wouldn't do anything else to help me! Dr Mooney immediately wanted to do an ultrasound to see what my gyno was talking about and he stopped our consultation to do it! And explained while the procedure that it was cosmetic and nothing to worry about! He then had us go back to the consultation room and laid everything out on the table! I just clicked with him on all levels! He has a great sense of humor and so compassionate with all of his patients! Only one downfall...He is always running late! It drives my husband crazy, but I honestly don't care!! I would wait all day for him!!
Be prepared to get comfortable in the waiting room! He is an AMAZING Dr! It's worth the wait!
Dr Mooney treated me like a friend! He is very professional but comes down to your level and explains EVERYTHING! He doesn't treat you like a child and doesn't sugar coat anything! I love his honesty, demeanor, personality, just everything about him is inviting and I feel so comfortable and relaxed with him!!
He started me out on clomid and monitored me with ultrasounds to see if my follicles we're growing, they did not! We then moved immediately to letrozole and monitored me with ultrasounds again, and again no growing of my follicles! So we proceeded to injections ( Follistim) around 150iui every day and monitored me again with ultrasounds, this time it worked!! First cylcle we tried on our own with intercourse, didn't get pregnant! I had to take a break after that cylce because I had so many cysts form! We proceeded again 2 more times with the Follistim and intercourse, and no baby! Each time I had to take a break because of the cysts that appeared! Our last cycle we did we tried the IUI along with the Follistim and again a no go! He then said we could try another round of the iui with follistim, but in our eyes it was just draining us emotionally and financially! So our next step is IVF!
So sweet! Every single one of them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The Canton office is small, but that's a good thing! There​are two nurses there and they are always so happy and friendly! The Akron office is big and the front desk ladies are not so nice! All of the nurses though are amazing!
Roughly each cycle we did with follistim was $2000 each! We did 4 cycles with that! So $8000 including blood work, ultrasounds and office visit charges.
Dr Mooney has recommended for us to do IVF and will only allow 2 embryos to be transferred into me. I am a short statured woman and 2 babies is pushing it he said! He wants the babies and me to be healthy

2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
We weren’t really given a choice, he [Dr. Stephen Mooney] always wanted to place two embryos each transfer...he would be running very behind. I always felt like I was rushed in and out. If I had questions they were answered very quickly...He explained to us that he thought it failed due to my estrogyn level be too high...he explained what a normal estrogen level should be and that mine had been 5 times higher than that and that that could cause the cycle not to work. I was floored! Why wasn’t that brought to our attention prior to the embryo transfer.
2013 - 2016
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
My experience as a patient of Dr. Mooney was nice. However, I felt as if I was more of a number than as a patient. Each appointment was never on time. Which I became accustomed to. I adjusted my schedule for that because I wanted to be his patient. A lot of people I know that have dealt with infertility have gone to him and just adored him. I found that when he took the time to talk to my husband and I we really enjoyed him. However, if he was running behind in his schedule, which happened almost everyday, he was not very happy when I would ask questions. Those were they days when I felt like “just a number” rather than a patient. I felt like, my husband and I just spent our life savings on these fertility treatments, please answer my questions. After going through our first round of IVF we had to go in for our consultation to talk about why it failed. He explained to us that he thought it failed due to my estrogyn level be too high. We he explained what a normal estrogen level should be and that mine had been 5 times higher than that and that that could cause the cycle not to work. I was floored! Why wasn’t that brought to our attention prior to the embryo transfer. We were never even told that my estrogen level was too high. If it was that high we should have been informed that their was a possibility that the transfer might not be successful or at least warn us and give us the decision of waiting for my levels to come down and try the cycle again. When I had my second IVF cycle, he was more cautious of my estrogen level, as it kept rising, he said he didn’t want it to go above 500. The next week it was at 700 and I asked him if we should still follow through with the cycle and he told me that it would be fine. The day before placing the embryos in my estrogen level was closer to 1,000, and I asked him if we should proceed. He said yes it’s fine. The cycle did not result in a pregnancy.
He is a wonderful doctor. But expect to have long wait times during appointments and make sure he answers your questions.
Their were many times when visiting the office during appointments that he would be running very behind. I always felt like I was rushed in and out. If I had questions they were answered very quickly. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I really did trust him. But sometimes I felt nervous to ask questions because it felt like I was holding him up.
We began with Clomid for a few months after he did an exploratory surgery to remove scar tissue from my Fallopian tubes. After that did not work he had us move to IUI. He said that if something was wrong with my cervix not allowing the sperm to be pushed into the body that IUI would result in pregnancy. After seven cycles of IUI I had an ectopic pregnancy. We tried IUI one more time and he told us our best bet would be IVF because it will bypass my tubes and my cervix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was very thorough when explaining how to use the medications. She was always returning phone calls reasonably too.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The canton office is very small. That is definitely one of the biggest downfalls. But the Akron office was always a relief to go to because they are a very large office and they move very steadily. The front office was always helpful when it came to insurance questions and billing.
IUI was around $500 each cycle. Plus $175 per ultrasound. IVF was approximately $8,000 plus the $3,000 for medications plus $2500 for ICSI. Each additional embryo transfer was $3,000.
We weren’t really given a choice, he always wanted to place two embryos each transfer.

PCOS, Unexplained
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Mooney is very down to earth. He really doesn't hold anything back and so you know when he is angry, when he is frustrated and when he is in a good mood. I felt that he dealt best with me when we were first consulting with him and then once we were pregnant. As treatments were going on, I often felt that I wasn't important enough for the time to answer my questions, he accused me of being overly emotional and too sensitive to the setbacks in my treatment and I felt more comfortable talking to one of the other doctors in the practice when I would see her. Overall, Dr. Mooney did what he set out to do, and I did get pregnant, but his bedside manner left something to be desired.
Have a tough skin when you meet with him--understand that he will curse, he will be blunt, and he doesn't sugar-coat anything.
Dr. Mooney was great when I first met with him and then again once we actually got pregnant, but in-between, I felt that he was often times difficult to deal with because he didn't know how to handle my emotions (and let's face it, we are all super hormonal when we are on these treatments) and would sometimes yell and curse and get upset because of something I said or that his staff did. I felt that he took out his frustration on us from time to time, but ultimately, he did get me pregnant...
I began seeing Dr. Mooney after a miscarriage and three failed attempts of Clomid with my OBGYN. He decided to to Clomid again, and I ended up taking it for 4 more months. In my opinion, this was not optimal and I was ready to try something different as the Clomid obviously wasn't working. From there, he did a laparoscopic exploratory surgery to check for endometriosis, scar tissue and other complications. This came back showing that everything was normal, so we began a course of Letrazole/Femara. The side effects with this were less than the Clomid, but I didn't ovulate as much. We did 3 months of this, adding IUI to the last cycle. When this didn't work either, we began to do injectable medications and did 2 rounds of IUI during that cycle as well. I did get pregnant with twins from this treatment.
The nursing staff is what makes this practice. I personally enjoyed dealing with them and they always helped to answer any questions I had. I appreciated their compassion and was very happy with them overall.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is clean, updated and uses state of the art equipment. It is comfortable and efficient (however, Dr. Mooney is ALWAYS behind schedule).
The costs of any infertility treatment are high, but I was fortunate enough to have really good insurance, so despite being treated for over a year, I only spent about $1500 out of pocket.
Canton

He [Dr. Stephen Mooney] did take alot of time to answer all questions my husband and I had and when we have met with him we never felt rushed or like a number...He was very thorough with my husband and I. He never sugar coated anything . We never felt rushed and he seemed confident that we could be parents one day. If there was anything we didnt understand or were unsure of he was willing to answer questions and was patient with us.
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask questions and not be afraid to keep asking if you dont understand something. We are all new to this and sometimes its so stressful and overwhelming.
He did take alot of time to answer all questions my husband and I had and when we have met with him we never felt rushed or like a number.
I had 3 rounds of IUI resulting in 2 early miscarriages. I also took injectable blood thinners and Clomid.
For the most part they were very nice and answered questions if possible but they are very busy and seemed a bit rushed and are hard to get on the phone if you have a question for the doctor.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is modern and clean. All the staff is for the most part very knowledgeable and friendly. Cost wise without insurance like myself they are a bit costly. I would recommend this clinic or the sister clinic in akron ohio. The wait to see a doctor or nurse is average.
The IUI was about $600 each time. The medications and injections were about $400. So far weve spent about $5k out of pocket. I was told if we do a Ivf total would be approximately $16k without insurance.
I have not started this procedure yet but I plan on it. I'm not sure of his opinion on it yet.

Other, Unexplained
Doctor Mooney is compassionate and knows each of this patient's. He does run significantly late for appointments and most of the patients and nursing staff knows that. We had many laughs with Dr Mooney and many tears as well. He responded very compassionately with our miscarriage.... But after trying for many cycles we felt we needed more intense treatment to be successful. We also did not enjoy our meeting with the IVF nurse which was probably our biggest deterrent to continuing treatment there because we loved working with doctor mooney.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
We loved Dr Mooney and had we been able to get pregnant easily he would have been the perfect doctor. But after trying for many cycles we felt we needed more intense treatment to be successful. We also did not enjoy our meeting with the IVF nurse which was probably our biggest deterrent to continuing treatment there because we loved working with doctor mooney.
Doctor mooney took time at each visit to talk to us about our treatment as well as talk about life. It was clear he took his time to talk with each of his clients and get to know them as a person.
The doctor did a full workup of diagnostic testing. This was greatly appreciated and made us aware of my unicorunate uterus. We then started using Clomid with IUI and known sperm donor but later moved to unmediated IUI cycles.
The nursing staff was wonderful and always helpful!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
My only complaint was a non aggressive treatment strategy and our regular wait time for the doctor. The staff was wonderful and we felt valued there. I have recommended many people to this clinic and will continue to do so
There was a separate cost for a single or double IUI. The cost of IVF was a deterrent for us continuing our treatment with this clinic.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Mooney is always so professional and personable at the same time. He knows my husband and I and all of our history. He makes us laugh while always being honest about expectations. He listens and always tries to do what is best for us...You may have to wait a bit for appointments sometimes, but that is only because he gives individual attention to each patient.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is a honest, to the point type of doctor. He is realistic about giving expectations, while hopeful for the best outcome possible. He is kind, funny and above all very good at listening. We recommend him highly to anyone going through infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins & Emily Bowman )
Both women are exceptional at answering the multitude of questions that go along with infertility treatments. They are kind, patient and honest.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is always so friendly whenever we visit. Everyone from the Phlebotomist Kim, to the reception ladies, to the lab staff are so welcoming. Occasionally you have to wait in the waiting room for your appointment, but that is because they pay so much attention to each person when it is time for their visit.
Akron

He [Dr. Mooney] was friendly and gentle. He made me laugh when I was nervous during procedures....I’ve only done 3 rounds of treatment with Dr. Mooney so far, but I like his bedside manner and how he makes me feel comfortable. He adjusts my treatments when I don’t respond well instead of wasting cycles and answers my questions bluntly. He seems to show up late to the clinic often though...
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Make sure to plan 1-2 hours for any appointment you make! He often runs very behind.
He was friendly and gentle. He made me laugh when I was nervous during procedures.
He put me on letrozole after I had 3 failed clomid cycles with another doctor. I didn’t respond too well to 7.5 mg, and then 10 mg either. He started me on follistim and got the dose correct. I did 7 days of stims before triggering 4 follicles.
They were kind and compassionate. Some are better with blood draws and shots than others!

6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Mooney is very open and honest. He will be forthcoming with his opinion, but this will always be in the patient's best interest.... Over the time I have been his patient I always feel that he knows and cares about me and wants the best for me. He always takes time to exaplin my situation, medications, and course of action very thoroughly. He uses analogies to make medical situations relatable and understandable. He has a great sense of humor, making him relatable yet again.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Mooney to friends and family. Over the time I have been his patient I always feel that he knows and cares about me and wants the best for me. He always takes time to exaplin my situation, medications, and course of action very thoroughly. He uses analogies to make medical situations relatable and understandable. He has a great sense of humor, making him relatable yet again. He is also compassionate and serious when need be.
Dr. Mooney always takes the time needed to answer all of my questions thoroughly and uses relatable analogies to help me better understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
The nursing staff at RGI is kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I have only positive things to say about RGI. They work with you financially, care about you personally, and are a top notch practice.
My insurance covers most finances.
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
2009 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
He was great. Always took his time and never rushed. Made sure all my questions were answered. Always addressed my concerns.
May have to wait to see him, but it's worth it because of the time he takes with you.
Dr. Mooney was great. Took his time, never rushed through any exams/consultations. Heard when I was concerned and took action. I felt more like a number when it came to the other doctors and some of the nurses.
There are a few who are wonderful and never make you feel stupid when you have questions or concerns. There are others who rush and seem annoyed with you.
Akron

Dr Mooney is absolutely amazing. He makes sure he answers every single question no matter how stupid it is. Jokes and cares for each one of his patients...Make sure to just have time blocked out- he’s never on time but he’s worth it. You know he doesn’t rush your visit so I understand why he runs behind...Mooney cares about everyone and even try’s to connect with the husbands
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Love everything about Rgi - from the front staff to the nurses to all the techs! Kim who can always get my blood! Just everything is amazing with Rgi! Megan is extremely caring - walked me through my hysteroscopy! Mooney cares about everyone and even try’s to connect with the husbands
Not sure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
She’s amazing
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
I don’t think there’s anything negative. I think everyone really does a great job. They never judge and are extremely patient .........................................................................................................
It’s High but so are his success rates
Akron

He [Dr. Stephen Mooney] really connected with us and made us feel like he knew us each time we had an apoointment...is very to the point and gives realistic expectations but also gives you hope. He always greeted us with a smile and made us feel comfortable. He told us stories of successes for other patients that had a more difficult prognosis than is...He won’t tell you something that he doesn’t believe...The clinic had a flow chart to follow
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Mooney is very to the point and gives realistic expectations but also gives you hope. He always greeted us with a smile and made us feel comfortable. He told us stories of successes for other patients that had a more difficult prognosis than is.
He won’t tell you something that he doesn’t believe.
He really connected with us and made us feel like he knew us each time we had an apoointment
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology.
She never made me feel bad for asking a million questions. She always called when she said she would. She completely understood what she was talking about and explained the information clearly. I didn’t feel the need to always talk to the doctor because I trusted her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Sometimes difficult to get through to a person on the phone. Otherwise clean and organized. The front desk sometimes felt very corporate but I’m sure it’s because of the amount of monies that were responsible for collecting.
Around 10,000 for the cycle not including pre testing and monitoring
The clinic had a flow chart to follow

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Dr Mooney is a caring compassionate doctor with the instinctive knowledge to care for my fertility needs. I trust his care 100%. His bedside manner is to the point but caring as well. I always felt like he was invested in my journey too. There was almost always a longer wait to see him but I believe for me, he is worth it....Dr Mooney always took his time to not only describe what was going on but he was personally invested in our success.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Mooney at Reproductive Gynecology?
Be prepared to sit a while in the waiting room.
Knowledgeable, and to the point. A mix of bedside manner. Overall good experience but some miscommunication with the doctors