South Jersey Fertility Center

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Rochester
Sewell
570 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
856-218-8863
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Stephen Sawin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Sawin was very supportive throughout our entire process... Dr. Sawin always took the time to explain all treatment in detail and thoroughly answer any questions we had along the way. Even in the most anxiety producing of situations, Dr. Sawin always had a way of making us feel calm. I had such a wonderful experience at SJF, specifically under Dr. Sawin's care, and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin and all of the other doctors at South Jersey Fertility in Egg Harbor Township were extremely caring, compassionate, educated and motivated to help your family. Dr. Sawin always took the time to explain all treatment in detail and thoroughly answer any questions we had along the way. Even in the most anxiety producing of situations, Dr. Sawin always had a way of making us feel calm. I had such a wonderful experience at SJF, specifically under Dr. Sawin's care, and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
I highly recommend choosing Dr. Sawin and all other doctors at SJF as your fertility treatment doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Sawin was very supportive throughout our entire process.
Describe the protocols Stephen Sawin used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
CD 3-8 (9pm), Clomid 50mg CD 11 (9pm), Ovidrel 250/.5ml CD 13 (9am), IUI This was our treatment course for unexplained infertility. All three cycles were dependent upon blood work and scans, but were fairly consistent with these cycle days. Our third clomid w/ IUI cycle was successful with a positive pregnancy test.
The nursing staff at SJF in Egg Harbor Township was nothing shy of amazing! Truly kind and caring people, complete invested in your process to achieve a pregnancy. They were always willing to answer any questions at all along the way and were extremely supportive during all steps of the process. When you're already dealing with enough stress of the treatment process, it really makes a huge difference to have a nursing staff that is so present and caring of your case. The nursing staff always kept the office running on schedule, which is extremely important with the frequency of appointments required.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
This clinic has a wonderful doctor, nursing and office staff. The office itself is convenient, clean and very well run. All of our appointments were almost always on time. The clinic as a whole was a great experience for us and produced a wonderful outcome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Treatment cost was always limited to co-payment for office visits and co-payment for medication. All other expenses were covered by insurance.
Egg Harbor Township
He [Dr. Sawin] answered all of our questions, took his time explaining things. He listened to our concerns. He went over all the procedures with us and told me what to expect. He explained what type of treatment would be best for us based off of our test results. Overall having him as one of our Drs has been a good experience...He listened, figured out the best plan for me. He made me feel comfortable and explained exactly
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He answered all of our questions, took his time explaining things. He listened to our concerns. He went over all the procedures with us and told me what to expect. He explained what type of treatment would be best for us based off of our test results. Overall having him as one of our Drs has been a good experience.
Write down your questions so you know exactly what to ask. He’ll take his time answering your questions and making sure you understand everything.
We’re dealing with slight make factor but mostly our infertility is unexplainable. He was pretty confident that we would be able to conceive through IUI. So far the 2 IUIs we’ve done haven’t been successful. For my first IUI I did 50mg of clomid on cd3-7 and then the ovidrel trigger shot on cd11. I believe I had my IUI on cd 13. For my second IUI I did 100mg clomid on cd 3-7 and ovidrel trigger shot on cd14. I had my IUI on cd15. They were hoping that I’d produce more than one mature follicle with the higher dose of clomid but I still only produced 1. For the first IUI the sperm count was 8 million post wash and for the second IUI it was 7.5 million post wash.
The nursing staff at south jersey fertility is amazing! They’re all so sweet and nice. They took good care of me and made me feel comfortable. I’ve had to bring my son to several of my appointments and they’re always so sweet to him too.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It’s very easy to get an appointment. They have multiple locations, 2 of which are close to me. They have good appointment times and they even have appointments on the weekends. The nurses always call back the same day if I call and leave a message or if I’m waiting for test results.
My first IUI was $350. I paid out of pocket for my medication since my insurance doesn’t cover infertility. My second IUI was $300. I just received a bill in the mail for $100 for the sperm washing. I need to call billing to find out if that was a mistake sincecwe didn’t pay extra for that the first time.
Describe Stephen Sawin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Burlington
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
No matter if we receive good news or bad news when my husband and I are meeting with Dr. Sawin we always feel hopefully. It is very apparent that he truly cares about his patients and wants to try and help them conceive... took ever bit of knowledge he had to help with treatments. Going through fertility treatments is very invasive and can leave someone feeling insecure but I never have felt that way with Dr Sawin. He puts me at ease and calms my anxiety whenever I see him.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
As a patient I always felt comfortable and secure knowing that I was seeing a doctor who truly cared for my wants and took ever bit of knowledge he had to help with treatments. Going through fertility treatments is very invasive and can leave someone feeling insecure but I never have felt that way with Dr Sawin. He puts me at ease and calms my anxiety whenever I see him.
Just go and talk with him. He is very open, honest, warm, and caring.
Very professional but at the same time very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Strength is the availablity to see a doctor and make an appointment fairly quickly. It is also great they have so many locations throughout the state, so even when I’m on vacation at the beach I can still go to the doctor during a cycle because there is an office nearby. Weakness would be sometimes there is a long wait in the waiting room if previous appointments run long.
With insurance $6000
Marlton
The manner in which he [Dr. Stephen Sawin] explained results, exams and our course of action was always very thorough. He was compassionate when we had a miscarriage while under his care and gave us support as well as space to decide if we wanted to move forward. Excellent doctor overall...Felt like a human because he had great bedside manner...He would call us by name and took our calls.
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He excelled all our expectations making our experience enjoyable. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who is having difficulties. The manner in which he explained results, exams and our course of action was always very thorough. He was compassionate when we had a miscarriage while under his care and gave us support as well as space to decide if we wanted to move forward. Excellent doctor overall.
Trust the process and dont give up. Be honest and open with him.
Felt like a human because he had great bedside manner. He took the time to explain things thoroughly. He would call us by name and took our calls.
The nursing staff is knowledgeable and caring. They always made me feel like i was in great hands.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic has great hours, they are flexible as well. Only downfall would be I preferred the Burlington location which has limited hours but again at their other locations theres plenty of availability. They also informed me of costs up front so there were no hidden surprises.
My costs were covered by insurance primarly. I had out of pocket expenses with IUI and medications.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Sawin is caring and kind but does not always take time to explain things in full detail as I would like. I feel his method is an "overview" approach to not stress patients out but I left appointments feeling like I wanted more information and would often call the clinic the next day to clarify.... Tubal removal due to two blocked tubes. One IVF cycle day 5 fresh transfer-miscarriage at 6 weeks. One FET cycle- miscarriage at 10 weeks s/p no heartbeat at 7 weeks Increased hormone dosage or progesterone for FET cycle with better results
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
He only has office hours in the Sewell location once a week. Come prepared with all questions you would like answered and do some of your own research.
Caring staff especially the nursing staff
Kind and compassionate. Personal and remember you by name and your treatment experiences.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The weakness for me would be the transfer clinic which always felt disorganized and chaotic. I never left an egg retrieval or transfer feeling calmed but more so anxious and felt like this was always the downfall in my care.
$750 to freeze embryos $5,000 PGS testing (not elected) Approx med cost $800 Insurance Coverage in the state of NJ
Dr. Sawin personally has directed me towards single embryo transfer while other clinicians in the practice have mentioned multiple embryo transfers to me.
Sewell
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Sawin] patiently explained everything in a matter of fact manner...He was easy to work with and gave complete and full information. He outlined all treatment options and explained everything as we completed each step so far... we're still in the process of the donor egg cycle. Prior to beginning the cycle, we did a salpingectomy to remove a blocked fallopian tube.... He was so thorough and easy to work with
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Stephen Sawin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
I have not yet identified any weaknesses in working with Dr. Sawin. He was easy to work with and gave complete and full information. He outlined all treatment options and explained everything as we completed each step so far.
They don't need to do anything special. He was so thorough and easy to work with, there are no special considerations.
He patiently explained everything in a matter of fact manner.
So far, we're still in the process of the donor egg cycle. Prior to beginning the cycle, we did a salpingectomy to remove a blocked fallopian tube.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
I've been happy with the clinic since Day 1. I think they could explain donor egg cycle costs a little better with respect to gaps in insurance coverage after pre-authorization. They are easy to deal with. They are affiliated with a few different OB/GYN offices in the area (Regional Women's Health Group, Garden State OB/GYN).
Office visits, bloodwork, medications for donor, donor procedures
We have not completed a transfer yet.
What specific things went wrong at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Marlton
He [Dr Stephen Sawin] is very caring and patient but also is very honest. I like that....Again, Feel he is very thorough. Lets you know all options and risks and gives his medical advice, but supports your decision. He is very smart and very kind...co pay under my insurance...[South Jersey Fertility Center] is friendly, warm and clean and very close to me.
you are in good hands
He is very caring and patient but also is very honest. I like that.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It is friendly, warm and clean and very close to me.
co pay under my insurance.