5.5

Loudonville
399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

During our first cycle [at Boston IVF], the financial coordinator left our paperwork on the fax machine (which was supposed to be sent to the insurance company for approval) and she left for vacation for 2 weeks, so it pushed our whole cycle back a few weeks and it kept me on birth control for way longer than I should have been. I had two nurses call with two different timelines to kick off the first cycle with conflicting recommendations. When I addressed it and asked which one I should go with, one nurse criticized the other nurse's plan.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
**To clarify, we were not undergoing cancer treatments. I must have clicked the wrong Boston IVF option. We were just undergoing standard IVF treatments. Steven Bayer was great in the beginning with the game plan and giving us lots of hope in the treatment plan. After that point, we did not speak with him, see him or work with him until he called us with negative results. During our follow up meeting he did not seem hopeful or committed to finding the right solution.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Go to another clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
**To clarify, we were not undergoing cancer treatments. I must have clicked the wrong Boston IVF option. We were just undergoing standard IVF treatments. Boston IVF felt like a factory, where my husband and I were just a number. Dr. Bayer did his best in the beginning to give us hope and lay out the game plan, but the first cycle was very disorganized (mainly with the financial coordinator and nurse instructions) and we did not talk to Dr. Bayer at all during the process until he called to tell us both cycles failed. Our last follow up appt with Dr. Bayer was very discouraging and he did not give us any hope.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
**To clarify, we were not undergoing cancer treatments. I must have clicked the wrong Boston IVF option. We were just undergoing standard IVF treatments. Birth control (which backfired), injections and a healthy lifestyle. Birth control to suppress the ovaries. Injections to stimulate follicle growth. A healthy lifestyle to give us the best possible chance.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were good at answering my questions when I had them, but in general, it felt a bit disorganized because there were several nurses on staff so I didn't feel anyone, in particular, was really monitoring my progress or had a handle on my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
**to clarify, we were not undergoing cancer treatments. I must have clicked the wrong Boston IVF option. We were just undergoing a standard IVF process** Strengths: good reputation, big facility with local offices (e.g. they had an office in Quincy which was convenient for us for blood and ultra-sounds) and I loved their acupuncture team in the Domar center. Weaknesses: because Boston IVF is so massive, as a patient I felt like a number being funneled through a factory. No one really seemed to "own" us. Stephen Bayer was very disconnected from our process and my last follow up meeting with him to discuss our failed cycle was awful, not helpful/hopeful and he basically walked me out hysterically crying. I left feeling like a failure with no clear game plan, so my husband and I decided it was time to work with a new facility and team of doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Fortunately, our insurance covers up to 6 rounds of IVF and genetic testing due to my husband's translocation, so we only had to pay co-pays most of the time.
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Unfortunately, we didn't make it to this stage during either IVF cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
**To clarify, we were not undergoing cancer treatments. I must have clicked the wrong Boston IVF option. We were just undergoing standard IVF treatments. During our first cycle, the financial coordinator left our paperwork on the fax machine (which was supposed to be sent to the insurance company for approval) and she left for vacation for 2 weeks, so it pushed our whole cycle back a few weeks and it kept me on birth control for way longer than I should have been. I had two nurses call with two different timelines to kick off the first cycle with conflicting recommendations. When I addressed it and asked which one I should go with, one nurse criticized the other nurse's plan.
Boston
2014, Successful
I only did a phone consultation with him [Dr. Bayer] because I was out of state, I never met him in person. But in the phone he was very positive, let me ask questions and answered them fully. I wish I had met him in person but it didn’t happen...We used an egg donor at this facility [Boston IVF - Albany]...I was out of state he was very nice and professional...Our lab work was put into the patient portal wrong, we received a very late phone call with our pregnancy results
communication [Boston IVF - Albany] needs to be better, if you know your patient has access to lab results through your office and you don’t call until late in the afternoon, you should expect them to look at the patient portal....Our lab work was put into the patient portal wrong, we received a very late phone call with our pregnancy results and for almost 3 hours we thought that we were pregnant when we were not
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I only did a phone consultation with him because I was out of state, I never met him in person. But in the phone he was very positive, let me ask questions and answered them fully. I wish I had met him in person but it didn’t happen
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Make sure you are heard
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
I was out of state he was very nice and professional
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF - The Albany Center and their degree of success.
We used an egg donor at this facility (it didn’t give me that option for this review)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF - The Albany Center. (Assigned nurse: Amy Alix/Michelle)
Our clinic was in the middle of a merge when we did our fresh egg donor cycle. Amy Alix/Jenna Horton was my nurse and she made me feel like I was her friend. When we came to do our frozen embryo transfer Michelle was my nurse, she made me feel like just another patient. When it came to our pregnancy test our labs were put in the system wrong so I’m the patient portal it said that I was pregnant but it was actually my progesterone levels. She didn’t call until late in the afternoon and said that we weren’t pregnant and it wasn’t until I called back that we were told that our labs were put in wrong. For almost 3 hours we were under the impression that we were pregnant but we really weren’t.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
communication needs to be better, if you know your patient has access to lab results through your office and you don’t call until late in the afternoon, you should expect them to look at the patient portal. The mistake should have been told when the phone call was made. When I told Dr. Bauer about the mistake he had excuse for the nurse instead of apologizing right away for the mistake
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
We only paid $12,000 for our egg donor cycle and we had one from frozen embryo transfer
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
It wasn’t an option for us
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF - The Albany Center.
Boston IVF - The Albany Center
Loudonville

Dr. Bayer is extremely nice, however, most of my contact is with his nursing staff. The nurses are not very forthcoming with information and it appears Dr. Bayer is not very involved in my case as I have only spoken to him once, which includes my initial consultation. Our second meeting I had to initiate on the advice of a friend, due to the number of unanswered questions I had....Each insemination was $450, which is performed by a nurse. I was offered a "trigger shot" last minute, with no explanation of its purpose or benefits, at the cost of $650...Three natural cycles and three cycles with medication.
Boston IVF has a lot of availability, which is helpful for scheduling. However, you have minimal contact with the providers on your case. The facilities are well maintained, but I feel they are more interested in finding ways to bill me, than helping me conceive....Important details about my test results and how it affects my treatment plan was not disclosed in a timely manner....Staff was only forthcoming about how much they were going to bill me. Otherwise, treatment and results were vaguely explained. I seek most of my information elsewhere, which is extremely frustrating.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Be prepared to be in the dark and spend a lot of money.
Three natural cycles and three cycles with medication.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Always polite, but not forthcoming with information about procedures or treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
My two office visits with the doctor were covered by my insurance, except for my co-pays. Each insemination was $450, which is performed by a nurse. I was offered a "trigger shot" last minute, with no explanation of its purpose or benefits, at the cost of $650.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Boston