5.5

399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759

2011, Successful
Dr. Bayer was attentive and flexible. I suggested back to back IUIs on my last cycle and he was willing to do this although was not what the initial plan was. He was always very calm in delivery of information as well as very patient...I had 3 IUIS, the third was a back to back (2 days in a row) IUI. I tried Clomid for the first IUI cycle but it affected my mood too greatly so switched to a different medication. Back to Back IUI is what ultimately resulted in a successful pregnancy.
...with Dr. Sneeringer, I have received conflicting messages about IVF protocol...It's like a factory, as is very big and they churn out blood work and ultrasounds in the morning, particularly. If you are not on time,usually you have to wait but they will double and triple book for blood work and ultrasounds. Wish it was a bit more intimate and private in his waiting area....
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
No advice because you are truly in good hands but asking questions , as many as you need to fully understand, is always a good rule of thumb with any doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
His support staff were wonderful as well as he. Very warm and attentive.
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sonia)
Excellent. Nothing less. I am going through fertility tx currently with another doctor (because Dr. Bayer's office moved to Brookline :( and it was way too far for me) and the current nursing staff is not as good as Dr. Bayers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Just copays and deductible. My insurance covered
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
It was not with Dr. Bayer but currently in working with Dr. Sneeringer, I have received conflicting messages about IVF protocol.
Boston

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Bayer] would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared...cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
Amanda, Julia and Dawn [nurses at Boston IVF] were all contacts at one point and were very responsive...The clinic was very clean, easily accessible for even out of state patients, and had ample parking. They also offered beverages and had a good waiting room. They were timely. Front staff was helpful...I’m glad he [Dr. Steven Bayer] did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr. Bayer cared about all of us, Parents and Surrogate. He communicated to all of us equally, and didn’t shrug things off or treat you like another dollar sign. He gave great advice, and education in a way that we all could understand. We all felt extremely cared for and relaxed- opposed to the first time with another provider.
You will love him. He will make you feel at ease.
He would call you himself. Communication was clear. Returned calls in a reasonable time. Actually cared.
Progesterone IM every 3 days, two pills of estrodial vaginally twice a day, and progesterone vaginally twice a day. Then we did the transfer two embryos each time. First pregnancy with him was a singleton, second was triplets.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda, Julia and Dawn were all contacts at one point and were very responsive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
I did not handle finances
Describe Steven Bayer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
I’m glad he did two embryos, even with the resulted triplets- it ended up being worth the risk. We were lucky the babies and myself were all healthy.
Waltham
He [Dr. Bayer] was very kind and understanding...He seemed very knowledgeable and helped us feel confident that our treatment would work. We walked out feeling comforted and excited to begin treatment. We only saw doctor Bayer a couple times because I got pregnant the first round of treatment which was amazing!...He started us with Letrozole and then the plan was to use a trigger shot to get me to ovulate but my LH was high enough on its own that I didn’t need it. I ovulated naturally and got pregnant!
[Boston IVF is] a little impersonal and kind of a wheelhouse but honestly I didn’t care I just wanted to get pregnant and I knew they were the best. I was willing to be treated like a number if it meant I got pregnant so I ended up being very happy with the results since we did get pregnant right away...He [Dr. Bayer] was very kind and understanding...He seemed very knowledgeable and helped us feel confident that our treatment would work
Trust the process!
He was very kind and understanding.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were pleasant.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s a little impersonal and kind of a wheelhouse but honestly I didn’t care I just wanted to get pregnant and I knew they were the best. I was willing to be treated like a number if it meant I got pregnant so I ended up being very happy with the results since we did get pregnant right away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
My insurance pretty much covered everything which was amazing and I’m very grateful for that.
Boston

Dr. Bayer shows compassion and goes above and beyond to make sure as a patient you feel his compassion. I have only worked with Dr. Bayer for a few months and his expertise and caring ways have already exceeded my expectations.... oston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Boston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Brookline

2013 - 2014, Successful
Realistic about low chances for IUI but allowed me to try anyway. Encouraging about acupuncture. Warm and supportive.
Facility warm and inviting. Alternative therapies encouraged. Parking convenient. Doctors warm, nurses responsive but more business-like.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Longer appointments [than Brigham], took the time to review treatments thoroughly and ask questions.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
During retrieval I needed ICSI rescue to help fertilize eggs but was not told that that could happen until it did and then needed to make a snap decision that cost me $2,500.
Framingham
2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Steven Bayer is] down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through...explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain...He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents... He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing.
I’ve had little contact with my nurse [at Boston IVF], but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works...His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility...As a new patient I felt comfortable and knew everyone I had contact with was very helpful and kind. They treat you like a human and not a number or someone that doesn’t fit a mold that some offices feel you should. They are very empathic to your heartbreak. I’m still trying to find a weakness,although I’m sure they have them, my experience has been seamless thus far.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer at Boston IVF?
Dr Bayer explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain we could try cloned and gave us the odds of it working. He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents. When cloned didn’t work, my husband and I chose to keep trying naturally. Over the last 4 years we’ve endure the adoption option which ended in a disaster with information we were told but didn’t happen. We pulled out of the adoption last year. We then saw another fertility specialist closer to home, he didn’t care as to why we were there, he told me to lose 50lbs and call him once I did. He went as far to say, he’s seen shorter and wider do it do I can if I put my mind too it. I lost 23lbs hurt my back in the meantime and was killing myself to lose. Then decided to go back to see Dr Bayer this year. Upon entering his office we had the typical how are you doings, then lead to say it’s been a very long 4+ year journey for you. How have you been doing with this? He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing. Not once but twice he told us he can help us become parents, our life long dream. I left there with tears of joy and a heart that was full of happiness finally. We started the process in February, found embryos in August and are in the process of waiting for cycles to do the transfer. I can’t thank Dr Bayer and his team enough for all they have done. Dr Bayer has reassured me on more than one occasion, helping couples become parents is “what his team and Garrison” does!! He’s excited for us
Any and all questions you ask, he will answer truthfully and honestly. He’s in this profession because he truly cares for his patients. Highly recommend him
He’s do down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through
We tried 3 cycles clomid due to being younger and having regular periods at that time. At this time in order to begin the process for my frozen embryo transfer, we have started and finished medications to induce a period. Once that happens I’ll take 2 and 1/2 weeks of estrogen, have an ultrasound and if the uterine lining isn’t thick enough, we’ll increase estrogen and have another ultrasound. If uterine lining is thick enough, I’ll have the transfer scheduled then begin progesterone for 10 weeks there after. Everything needs to be perfect in order for my embryo to attach. There is still a chance of miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda D)
I’ve had little contact with my nurse, but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer at Boston IVF.
Dr Bayer is part of my out of nextwork coverage so all bills are paid by me until I reach my deductible. That deductible is very high, so that will not happen. His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility.
We will do a single embryo transfer as soon as my cycle begins with a followed ultrasound. One embryo transfer is best for me and my baby at this time to ensure a happy healthy pregnancy.
Brookline