7.2

2001 Marcus Ave
Lake Success, NY 11042
516-358-6363

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Brenner was very informative. His approach is very direct and blunt and could easily be a turn off to people. After our first failed cycle they were very quick to schedule the next one but we wanted to look more closely at all of our labs. They were open to doing so once we asked...Be prepared for a very direct approach....Because of my irregular hormone levels we were monitored very heavily throughout the first 12 weeks by both of them and my regular OB/GYN.
Getting an appointment [at Long Island IVF Melville] is always easy. The hours can be a little strange and I often had to take off from work but it was worth it. The nursing staff was always helpful, sympathetic and thoughtful to Your emotional needs...[Nurses] They were very understanding and easy to get a hold of. They would meet with us or talk with us as much as we needed and at anytime. We always got a call back right away...My insurance covered a lot and anything that we owed them was discussed and planned out for payments
How was your experience with Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Dr. Brenner was very informative. His approach is very direct and blunt and could easily be a turn off to people. After our first failed cycle they were very quick to schedule the next one but we wanted to look more closely at all of our labs. They were open to doing so once we asked. Whether or not that made the difference but their second cycle will never now but if we had not asked they probably would not have looked into some of the things we brought up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Be prepared for a very direct approach.
Describe the protocols Steven Brenner used in your cycles at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF) and their degree of success.
I cannot remember exactly but we did have to use Lupron, progesterone, and estrogen. The estrogen had to be modified throughout the cycle and they upped it a lot. We ended up having to take three pills a day as well as an injection every other day. Progesterone also went past 12 weeks under their supervision. Because of my irregular hormone levels we were monitored very heavily throughout the first 12 weeks by both of them and my regular OB/GYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF). (Assigned nurse: Vicki Loveland)
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Getting an appointment is always easy. The hours can be a little strange and I often had to take off from work but it was worth it. The nursing staff was always helpful, sympathetic and thoughtful to Your emotional needs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
I felt that Dr Brenner's number one priority was to see as many patients as possible without much concern for outcomes... it was a nurse who did my IUIs....Dr Brenner failed to answer specific questions I asked him, and his billing department gave me incorrect information about my coverage.
Long Island IVF is run like a factory. The waiting room is always packed and you're just in and out. The nurses didn't know me, and it was a nurse who did my IUIs. The first IUI was painful because the nurse couldn't get the catheter in properly. I only saw Dr Brenner for my initial consult and exam and then for another consult after each failed IUI.
Dr Brenner was the second Doctor we saw at LIIVF. The first doctor took a personal phone call during our consultation and we walked out. During my initial consult and exam with Dr Brenner, I specifically asked what the side effects of the medications were that he was prescribing. I was told "similar to a period" and that was it. After the first IUI failed, an ultrasound revealed several cysts which I had never had before. The nurse told me that cysts were a common side effect of the medication. Dr Brenner never mentioned anything about cysts. He also had me coming in daily for blood work and ultrasounds - something that was deemed superfluous by another doctor. I felt that Dr Brenner's number one priority was to see as many patients as possible without much concern for outcomes.
Find someone else.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Brenner at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
They worked like efficient machines but made no attempts to get to know the patients - even those they saw on a daily basis.
What specific things went wrong at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
Melville

I only saw Dr Brenner three times. Once for the consultation, once for a hysterosalpingogram and once for bleeding after the HSG. The 2 insemination were done by other doctors I had never met before. When I got the negative result, I was called by the nurse and never heard from Dr. Brenner again....Don't expect more then medical care. I wanted more attention. To me this process should be so much more personalized then it is.
The phlebotomist [Long Island IVF] were the best part of the team. I was in often and no one really remembers your name or talks to you beyond whats necessary. It was all very impersonal and cold. Too many nurses, too many doctors... its a factory....Don't expect more then medical care. I wanted more attention. To me this process should be so much more personalized then it is....I don't feel like I was every remembered, there was nothing personal about my experiences with anyone in this office.
I don't remember perfectly, but I was on Clomid and had minimal follicles.
Describe your experience with RMA Long Island IVF (formerly Long Island IVF).
The phlebotomist were the best part of the team. I was in often and no one really remembers your name or talks to you beyond whats necessary. It was all very impersonal and cold. Too many nurses, too many doctors... its a factory.
We paid out of pocket for the IUI, cost was $2,000 plus medications