Medical SchoolBaylor
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Steven Ory to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 4Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 36.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 28Neutral: 11Don't recommend: 97.9
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Ory's strengths: He explains everything to you and step by step. He is very caring about your situation and helps you feel comfortable with his protocol. Dr. Dr. Ory's weaknesses: Runs a little behind for appointments. I have waited close to a hour at one visit to just meet with him. Overall, Dr. Ory is a fantastic doctor who knows what he is doing... Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
2014 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Listen and ask questions. Dr. Ory will not explain above and beyond. He will tell you textbook wise what is going on and what his plan is. But research and ask questions...anything. He will answer them on the spot.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is very straight forward with his diagnosis. He has a wonderful personality and cracks a smile every now and then when discussing the issue(s). I felt like I was treated like an individual with Dr. Ory because he specifically spoke of me and very rarely compared me to anyone else. He know I was me and this was "my" issue and not a "bunch of other woman".
Describe the protocols Steven Ory used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
In 2014 I had a small fibroid preventing me from getting pregnant. Dr. Ory suggested 3 months of depot lupron shots to shrink it to avoid surgery. Unfortunately they did not work and ended up having laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Christie (Dr. Ory does not perform lap). The fibroid was removed and I became pregnant. Fast forward to 2016. I became pregnant but unfortunately miscarried. After 5 months of not getting pregnant again I returned to Dr. Ory. We ran a number of tests and determined diminishing ovarian reserve / poor egg quality was an assumption. We tried a few rounds of 50mg clomid to produce more eggs with timed intercourse, no luck. In January, February, and March I completed 3 IUI's, each with two days of insemination. I was given 50mg of clomid with ovidrel trigger shot. Each IUI was unsuccessful. We took a break for a few months and then tried 3 months of 2.5mg of letrozole with trigger shot and timed intercourse. Again no luck. We have stepped back from treatments for a while, but still keep in touch with IVF for questions, blood work etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie and Nadia)
Cassie and Nadia are amazing. They are very caring, compassionate and listen to your concerns and even let you cry to them :) Cassie performed a number of my inseminations with ease. She was extremely knowledgeable on the protocol and procedure. Nadia was my shoulder to cry on. She listened when I was upset and always consoled me when I needed it. She explained things to me in a simple way, shared her personal stories and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida in Margate is a beautiful office. You are always greeted with a smile and hello from the front desk. Most of the girls are very knowledgeable when checking in and out. They remember each individual by name. I have always had a great experience with their phlebotomist and their ultra sound tech, Colleen, is amazing. She is so sweet and talks you through the ultra sound. She even shares what she is seeing with you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
For visits I had a $30 copay each time. My insurance covered 60% of my IUI treatments. I had to pay approximately $1500 for 3 IUIs. Most medications were covered, expect for the ovidrel injection.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
He was professional, knowledgeable and kind. After my initial appointment, I was nervous but confident that he could help me become a mother. He explained the process and procedures, and was positive I would achieve pregnancy.... During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Conduct your own research beforehand and be prepared to ask questions because he doesn't give you all the information you need unless you prompt him with questions. Prepare for a long wait time.
The clinic is large and always had a lot of people in the waiting room. I felt rushed during each of my appointments.
During the initial testing, it was determined I have diminished ovarian reserve. He performed an HSG which resulted in one blocked Fallopian tube. Despite these results, his protocol was 3 IUI cycles with no medications and no monitoring (i.e. blood work and ultrasounds). I was instructed to take a OPK at home and to make an appointment for the day after I received a positive. I felt the timing was off and was not confident considering my test results and no monitoring. After 3 failed attempts, I am taking a break and getting a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Nadia, Olga, and Cassie)
The nurses were kind, understanding, and sensitive to my needs and concerns. Their positive attitude made me feel comfortable. If I had any questions after my appointment I could email the nurses through the portal and they would respond within 24 hours. At times I was given conflicting information by each nurse which was confusing during my treatment.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic was well organized, modern, and clean. When I arrived for my initial consultation I was extremely overwhelmed with the process and costs, but after speaking with the nurses and staff I felt better. The nurses/staff perform the ultrasounds and blood testing in house so it is convenient and you get the test results within the same day. On the other hand, it is very busy and the waiting room is always crowded. Expect longer than usual wait times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
3 IUI cycles at $278.00 each. My insurance covered the consultation, blood work, and ultrasound so I paid my co-pay for those visits. Total cost – approximately $5,000.
Margate
Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment.... Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is soft spoken and doesn't show much emotion. Overall he seems like a nice man that wants patients to achieve success. Although I underwent treatment with his facility for over one year, I only met with him a few times as the nurses handled most of the treatment. I didn't see him unless I had a scheduled appointment for him specifically. For those appointments, he had me waiting for an hour or more, and I felt rushed when I finally met with him.
Seek a second opinion.
No matter what time or day we arrived for an appointment, the waiting room was always full. The front desk staff seemed frustrated at times with patients. During one appointment scheduled with Dr. Ory, we waiting an additional hour for him in his office. He seemed rushed to answer our questions. We rarely had the same nurse, so each time they would have to read my chart to understand my situation and treatment.
I first met with Dr. Ory during my consultation. He led me to believe that my only issue was lack of sperm (I'm married to a woman). After standard blood work, ultrasound and HSG, he explained my ovarian reserve was "low for my age," but he was confident I would achieve pregnancy within my first 3 IUI cycles. Based on his recommendation, we proceeded with 3 "natural" IUI cycles (no meds and no monitoring), which all failed. Next, he prescribed 50 mg Clomid for the 4th IUI cycle - failed. For the 5th, 6th and 7th IUI cycles he increased the Clomid dose to 100 mg and added Gonal-F 150iu with Ovidrel 250 trigger shot - failed, failed, failed. He remained confident that I would achieve success, but it never happened. He suggested a Laparascopy (possible endometriosis) and IVF treatment. I decided to seek another opinion. After numerous failed attempts, the process was taking a toll on my marriage, finances, and emotions. I lost my trust in Dr. Ory. After transferring my records to another RE, it was immediately determined that I have Hypothyroidism. This was based on the review of my initial blood work taken by Dr. Ory prior to his treatment! If your thyroid is off even slightly, then it could cause infertility. Dr. Ory failed to diagnosis my thyroid issue.
There are multiple nurses that are involved in your treatment. This was frustrating at times because they would each provide me with conflicting information. For example, one nurse would tell me to come back the next day following an IUI to undergo a second IUI ("back-to-back). However, the next month/cycle, a different nurse instructed me to take a OPK that night following an IUI, and if it was negative then do not return the next day for the 2nd IUI that cycle. It was very confusing, each nurse had their own protocol!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The waiting room was large and clean. It was always crowded no matter the time: weekdays and weekends. The process from check-in to check-out was smooth, but it was usually a long wait. My favorite part was the break room - snack machines, coffee and TV (it wasn't just for employees!). Once I decided to seek a second opinion, it was difficult to obtain my medical records. I had to consistently follow-up with the records custodian as my request seemed ignored and took longer than it should.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
My insurance does not cover anything fertility related so I paid out-of-pocket for everything. Each IUI is $278, ultrasounds are $300 each, blood work (i.e. progesterone, estradiol) is about $100 each time, HSG is $700, initial consultation and follow-up visit(s) with doctor are $300 each, frozen sperm storage at clinic $100 per month with $50 processing fee each time they receive donor sperm vials. I spent over $20,000 for 7 IUI cycles (5 cycles were back-to-back = 12 IUIs total).
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Dr. Ory is definitely more of a straight-forward, to the point type of person which I didn’t mind. If you need a lot of hand holding or someone who will be very gentle or careful with what they say he may not be the person for you. I prefer the blunt approach and to go in knowing all the facts beforehand. He does not always go into a lot of detail but will answer any questions you have so just have your questions ready. I would have probably liked to see my doctor more. At this clinic the doctors do the initial consults then you mostly see the nurses after that until the end. I also did not have my doctor for my retrieval or transfer but I understand that the doctors work on a shift system.
Research ahead of time and have a list of questions prepared.
This is a big clinic and sometimes you can feel like just a number. There are benefits to a big clinic also like more convenient hours and multiple locations.
I was on microdose Lupron protocol due to low ovarian reserve. I was on Lupron, Menopur and Gonal F. I also did 3 weeks of birth control pills before my starting stims and before my transfer. For my transfer I did Lupron then estrogen patches then added vaginal progesterone just before transfer.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Strengths: - Convenient times and multiple locations (we were able to go to another location for testing at times when mine was booked out). - I think the doctors are generally very knowledgeable and do a good job. I liked all the doctors that I interacted with (different doctors did my HSG, retrieval and transfer). Weaknesses: - Nurses run the show and you don’t see the doctor that often. That being said all the nurses were great although it seems like different nurses supervise different stages of your treatment rather than having one nurse throughout the process. - No updates on monitoring ultrasounds during stims - if you don’t call to ask or ask to speak to the nurse afterwards, they do the ultrasound and tell you nothing about afterwards. Labs get uploaded to the portal but not the ultrasound results. - It is a bog clinic and you can sometimes feel like just a number or like your care is not being individualized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
IVF cycle with retrieval and fresh transfer is about $12000 FET is about $4000 Embryo freezing and storage is about $1500 plus $100 per month Meds totaled about $5000
Describe Steven Ory's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
It was explained to me in detail and I was given hand-outs about how they decide how many embryos to transfer. Based on the odds I was given, I felt comfortable transferring one embryo.
Margate
Dr Ory is great. He has a laid back professional attitude. He is very by the books, research, procedural. He encouraged me to ask questions. He was confident in our treatment plan. He spoke in a sensitive way regarding sensitive subjects such as weight... My protocol is/was clomid and trigger x 3 double IUI cycles and then regroup for plan b. I had am allergic reaction to clomid so he will be switching to a different med next cycle
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
Come prepared with questions. He is to the point (still warm) but doesn't go into extra detail or "fluff". He encouraged and happily answered all of my questions
When in the presence of dr Ory I felt very much like a human. He was warm and care and encouraged me to ask questions. Scheduling, discussion through the portal etc is what contributed to a some what "feeling like a number"
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Margate team 3 - Cassie and Nadia )
Casie and Nadia are excellent. Thy each performed an IUI on me. They are knowledgable, compassionate, friendly and always have a positive attitude. The only down side is I think they are swamped with patients and procedures all day so they don't respond to the portal messages until very late in the afternoon.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF florida margate is professional, clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff is always helpful and smiling. The lady that takes my blood is nice and Coleen the ultrasound lady is super sweet. The waiting room is always full, you start to recognize ladies/ couples with similar cycles are you. Communication is done. Lately through internet portal you will set one up on your first visit. They send appt reminders and lab results and instructions via the portal. It is convenient but does feel a little "cold".
475 each IUI (2 per cycle) Appointments ran around 200 each visit
Margate
He [Dr. Ory] is an incredible doctor. He knows a lot and is willing to share that knowledge and answer any questions you may have. He always told us the truth and he always reassured us and assured us we had great odds!... Be prepared to only see him every once in a while but it’s worth it.... I had an antagonist protocol. I did menopur, ganirelix and some other hormone I cannot remember. Did a lupron trigger shot so I wouldn’t overstimulate. Ended up freezing all and then doing estrogen patches and PIO injections but beginning with a lupron round and bcp so I wouldn’t ovulate.
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
He is an incredible doctor. He knows a lot and is willing to share that knowledge and answer any questions you may have. He always told us the truth and he always reassured us and assured us we had great odds!
Be prepared to only see him every once in a while but it’s worth it.
He is an incredible doctor! The best there is. Always very warm and caring and very much up to date on our case!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie)
They were all amazing especially Cassie and another one of the ladies. I usually always saw them and they were great.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
It’s awesome! They do everything in house. Never had any issues with them in terms of the care or procedures. Did have issues with billing. To this day I believe I had a credit because I always over paid and my insurance covered a lot more and they never credited that to my account
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
It was very convenient. I always had first appointment of the day and it always worked great!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
I had insurance coverage which was vey convenient.
My doctor was very clear in that one embryo would be best because of my age and the quality of the embryo.
Margate
He [Dr. Steven Ory] was to the point and explained the expectations and percentages of everything. He also gave me a lot of confidence that he and his staff will help us on our journey, and made us feel very comfortable.... They were gentle and honest about everything and gave me a lot of information about the process and didn’t force me to do anything... Chlomid cycle with ovadril and gonal F, IUI
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
He was to the point and explained the expectations and percentages of everything. He also gave me a lot of confidence that he and his staff will help us on our journey, and made us feel very comfortable.
Let the doctor do what he needs to do
Chlomid cycle with ovadril and gonal F, IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Cassie French )
They are all very sweet and personable, they make you feel very welcomed and not rushed at all. They answer all my questions very quickly and messages as well.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Sometimes you have to wait a long time to be seen or receive treatment but it’s worth the wait, once you’re in with the staff you’re well taken care of. It’s also pretty private, the waiting room is very big but you should bring a sweater since it’s chilly in there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Ory at IVF Florida.
I have spent over $5,000 so far and that includes two IUI and a few tests that weren’t covered by insurance
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Ory at IVF Florida?
I do think he is kind, smart and professional however he lacks a warmth I could have used. Also, he is not open to hearing about information I brought about myself from tests performed by my functional medicine doctor that I think could have helped.
Don't expect a warm, friendly doctor. He is extremely professional and almost military
He is very straightforward and mechanical but he doesn't rush you or fail to explain. I just feel he is set in his ways and only does things one way. When I brought hormone panel tests that I did using saliva and information from my functional medicine doctor he just disregards.
there was a mix of cold and detached and warm and friendly. You just never knew who you were gonna get.
Miami