Gold Coast IVF

Doctor available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolBoston U.
ResidencyYale
246 Crossways Park Drive
West Woodbury, NY 11797
516.682.8900#sthash.YZrSf5Yb.dpuf
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Steven Palter to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gold Coast IVF to a friend?
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
6 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
Dr. Palter was a great doc to start. He was compassionate and treated us as humans and patients, initially. He was statistical, which I liked because that is how my brain thinks. He was honest, and we truly believe if he was skeptical about something he would tell us. However as time went on and more and more people started coming to him, he started to appear more and more stressed and overextended. He hired another doc, who we LOVED (Dr.Maslow), but then she left shortly after. When we decided to go with an egg donor, we were required to see HIS psychologist, who when researched turned out to be his sister (but she removed her maiden name at some point so people did not know there was a connection). It was such a conflict of interest, and in addition we had to pay out of pocket for her service. Obviously, we received the ultimate gift with our daughter resulting from treatment, however I would not recommend this office any longer as it has become what others are - a factory.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
He will probably get you pregnant, however, the path to get there will most likely be like all of the other clinics - a factory.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
When we first started with Dr.Palter, he and his staff were amazing. Ypu didnt even have to sign in, you were immediately recognized and greeted happily. It felt different than the previous doctor. Phone calls were returned when we were told they'd be and questions were answered regardless of time. However, when we reached our 2nd cycle, we felt less and less valued, and that the office was getting "too big for their own good." Things were slipping through the cracks, phone calls were not being returned. Things felt less compassionate.
Describe the protocols Steven Palter used in your cycles at Gold Coast IVF and their degree of success.
1 IUI with clomid 1 iUI with Femara? Microdose flare protocol IVF Gonal F to stim Menopur Lupron to delay ovulation
The nursing staff was great. Th ey were compassionate and although overextended they did their best to keep things organized. During our initial time, the nurses were more friendly and seemed to love their job but as time went on it seemed as though they were burning out. Phone calls were being forgotten and their general demeanor seemed to be changing. However, if I were to recommend this office on nursing staff alone, I would.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
Strengths: compassionate nurses, Dr.Palter is constantly learning and basing treatments on new research, involved in research, at first I did not believe our treatment was cookie cutter like other clinics Weaknesses : clinic becoming too big, less personal treatment by doctors and staff, less organized, things slipping through the cracks
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF.
First 3 cycles of IVF covered 75% after 6 iUI treatments failed. Paid out of pocket for egg donor cycle 24,000
What specific things went wrong at Gold Coast IVF?
West Woodbury
He [Dr. Palter] is very knowledgable and thorough. I felt as though my IVF cycle was tailored to me, and I did not fit into a mold. He utilizes new technology and research. He wants the best for his patients. He understands that there are many aspects to infertility. He has a therapist on staff, which I think is very important. He realizes that there is a socioeconomic as well as a mental aspect to infertility.
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
He is very knowledgable and thorough. I felt as though my IVF cycle was tailored to me, and I did not fit into a mold. He utilizes new technology and research. He wants the best for his patients. He understands that there are many aspects to infertility. He has a therapist on staff, which I think is very important. He realizes that there is a socioeconomic as well as a mental aspect to infertility.
Trust that he is a great dr!
The staff and dr knew all about my case before my first appt. They had thoroughly reviewed my chart and history. We were never rushed, or made to feel like we were asking too many questions. We felt as though they truly cared about us.
I am in the beginning of an IVF cycle right now. so far I am on a BCP, Lupron injections beginning tomorrow, then Follistim & Menopur.
The nursing staff is great. They are wonderful with answering questions, teaching, and and being a support system.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
They could use another front desk person to help with all the phone calls, but other than that the staff is great. Very comfortable waiting room, the wait isnt very long, and the staff is very helpful.
so far it has been $230 for meds and $2600 for cryopreservation of embryos and sperm
Describe Steven Palter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gold Coast IVF.
Dr Palter understands there is a socioeconomic component to IVF, and he is going to implant 2 embryos for us.
West Woodbury
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Steven Palter] is extremely honest with your situation and working through any bumps along the way. I always felt like he could be reached when I had concerns and wanted to discuss the treatment and next steps. He performed all of my procedures and I was never treated like a number he was checking off a list just to get people in and out.... We used a long Lupron protocol to help with egg quality issues and added PGS to ensure embryos were normal.
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
He is extremely honest with your situation and working through any bumps along the way. I always felt like he could be reached when I had concerns and wanted to discuss the treatment and next steps. He performed all of my procedures and I was never treated like a number he was checking off a list just to get people in and out.
He is extremely easy to work with and never be afraid to ask any questions or bring up other ideas to discuss as options.
The staff (front desk and nursing staff) are very friendly and learn your name by the second visit. Everything at this practice is on an individual basis and I never felt like I was being fit into a standard protocol that is used across the board.
They were always accessible and would relay any questions to Dr. Palter if needed.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
From your first appointment, the staff makes you feel like you are important and everyone knows who you are as soon as you walk in for future visits.
$16000 for retrieval; $5000 for FET
Generally only 1 embryo is transferred for women under 35 but you can still opt to transfer 2 if you would prefer.
West Woodbury
He [Dr. Steven Palter] is a very knowledgeable dr. He always explains things in terms we can understand. You always see him for the important stuff. He always returns calls in a timely manner. The only thing I don't like, he is unwilling to try stuff that he doesn't think works. I also think he may not be aggressive enough with difficult cases...He always took the time to discuss options with us...Ask questions. They don't tell you results of tests unless you ask
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
He is a very knowledgeable dr. He always explains things in terms we can understand. You always see him for the important stuff. He always returns calls in a timely manner. The only thing I don't like, he is unwilling to try stuff that he doesn't think works. I also think he may not be aggressive enough with difficult cases.
Ask questions. They don't tell you results of tests unless you ask
He always took the time to discuss options with us
Micro dose Lupron, Gonal F, Menapur for retrieval.. Estrogen for Fet.
They are wonderful.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
Clinic is nice and clean. Very organized. When going for your blood and ultrasounds they were pretty timely. When you meet with the doctor you usually wait for a bit. For the most part I have always been pleased with them
First cycle was about $24,000 with pgs Second cycle insurance picked up we paid about $7,000 with pgs
He suggested 2 because of my age
2014 - 2017
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Palter took an active, personal role in my case. I never felt that he had to even remind himself of my medical history by looking at my charts. He was always very aware of my history and complexities....While Dr Palter could be blunt in his communication, he exhibits a strong passion for his work and his patients. I always felt he was personally concerned with my case and committed to helping me achieve a healthy, successful pregnancy...He is fully committed to you as a patient so at times you may have to overlook his bed-side manners.
2014 - 2017
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
Long agonist with ICSI and PGD.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gold Coast IVF. (Assigned nurse: Ann Marie)
While Dr Palter was my miracle worker, it is the nurses and staff that make the entire experience less painful. They are a team of dedicated and compassionate professionals whom always provided encouragement and laughs just when you need it.