6.2

246 Crossways Park Drive
West Woodbury, NY 11797
516.682.8900#sthash.YZrSf5Yb.dpuf

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Palter is blunt, to the point and throws around statistics...I constantly asked what the next steps were and timing so I could plan and was never given clear information...I only met with him 2x in person and very quickly at that in the 6+ months of testing and retrieval process so it didn't feel like he gave me enough time to even remember who I am let alone make any custom recommendations or meaningful discussions on options/trade-offs
Strengths [of Gold Coast IVF]: the office staff is efficient, and you rarely wait for your early morning appointments. The portal is easy to navigate...Negatives: Everyone is extremely curt and blunt...Be prepared for vagaries around the process and to be submitted to the whims of the lab closing unexpectedly for cleaning. It's also very hard to actually SEE dr. palter. I only met with him 2x in person and very quickly at that in the 6+ months of testing and retrieval process so it didn't feel like he gave me enough time to even remember who I am let alone make any custom recommendations or meaningful discussions on options/trade-offs.
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
Dr. Palter is blunt, to the point and throws around statistics. I like that type of attitude in general, but not all people do. However, I found the lack of clarity on the process to be aggravating. I constantly asked what the next steps were and timing so I could plan and was never given clear information. Because of this I had to rush to an emergency pharmacy to get more meds 2x when I had run out instead of someone giving me a heads up on what was coming so I could prepare. To top it all off NO ONE informed me that the lab closed for the ENTIRE MONTH OF AUGUST so I had to delay my transfer another month. If I had been given up front information I might have elected to start the retrieval a month earlier or do a warm transfer. Because I was kept in the dark on the process, I was unable to make informed decisions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
ask for a month by month timeline of events and when the lab closes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
Discussions with Dr. Palter were often rushed. There seemed to be a standard recipe book to follow without much customization per patient
Describe the protocols Steven Palter used in your cycles at Gold Coast IVF and their degree of success.
we skipped right to IVF b/c of my age and 1 blocked tube. Nothing else was tried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gold Coast IVF. (Assigned nurse: Barbara, Jessica and AnneMarie)
The nursing staff is similarly blunt. They are efficient and to the point except when you ask about the process then it becomes vague and very much like a treasure hunt with clues being dropped sporadically to find the next step.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
Strengths: the office staff is efficient, and you rarely wait for your early morning appointments. The portal is easy to navigate. Nurses call you back quickly when you call in with questions. Negatives: Everyone is extremely curt and blunt. No warm hand holding lovie dovies here. Be prepared for vagaries around the process and to be submitted to the whims of the lab closing unexpectedly for cleaning. It's also very hard to actually SEE dr. palter. I only met with him 2x in person and very quickly at that in the 6+ months of testing and retrieval process so it didn't feel like he gave me enough time to even remember who I am let alone make any custom recommendations or meaningful discussions on options/trade-offs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF.
25k
Describe Steven Palter's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gold Coast IVF.
because i had a prior abruption he only recommended a single embryo transfer
What specific things went wrong at Gold Coast IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Gold Coast IVF.
1. No one informed me of the lab closing for the entire month of August, delaying implantation for a month. I only found out when I called to report my period on day 1. I had previously decided to delay retrieval a month as I was moving house, at no point was it mentioned that delaying for 1 month in May meant I would actually be delaying 2 months as I could not do implantation until Sept. 2. Because of their inability to give me updates on the process I ran out of stimulating drugs 2x; once I had to pay out of pocket to get drugs and once I had to drive across half of LI to get another pen. This could have been avoided if they were clear upfront on the process. 3. Minor issue: They continuously could not find my last papsmear. I had to call my OB 2x to get it sent over again.

2015 - 2017, Successful
The nursing staff was great [at Gold Coast IVF]. Th ey were compassionate and although overextended they did their best to keep things organized. During our initial time, the nurses were more friendly and seemed to love their job but as time went on it seemed as though they were burning out. Phone calls were being forgotten and their general demeanor seemed to be changing. However, if I were to recommend this office on nursing staff alone, I would.
How was your experience with Steven Palter at Gold Coast IVF?
Dr. Palter was a great doc to start. He was compassionate and treated us as humans and patients, initially. He was statistical, which I liked because that is how my brain thinks. He was honest, and we truly believe if he was skeptical about something he would tell us. However as time went on and more and more people started coming to him, he started to appear more and more stressed and overextended. He hired another doc, who we LOVED (Dr.Maslow), but then she left shortly after. When we decided to go with an egg donor, we were required to see HIS psychologist, who when researched turned out to be his sister (but she removed her maiden name at some point so people did not know there was a connection). It was such a conflict of interest, and in addition we had to pay out of pocket for her service. Obviously, we received the ultimate gift with our daughter resulting from treatment, however I would not recommend this office any longer as it has become what others are - a factory.
He will probably get you pregnant, however, the path to get there will most likely be like all of the other clinics - a factory.
When we first started with Dr.Palter, he and his staff were amazing. Ypu didnt even have to sign in, you were immediately recognized and greeted happily. It felt different than the previous doctor. Phone calls were returned when we were told they'd be and questions were answered regardless of time. However, when we reached our 2nd cycle, we felt less and less valued, and that the office was getting "too big for their own good." Things were slipping through the cracks, phone calls were not being returned. Things felt less compassionate.
1 IUI with clomid 1 iUI with Femara? Microdose flare protocol IVF Gonal F to stim Menopur Lupron to delay ovulation
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Gold Coast IVF.
The nursing staff was great. Th ey were compassionate and although overextended they did their best to keep things organized. During our initial time, the nurses were more friendly and seemed to love their job but as time went on it seemed as though they were burning out. Phone calls were being forgotten and their general demeanor seemed to be changing. However, if I were to recommend this office on nursing staff alone, I would.
Describe your experience with Gold Coast IVF.
Strengths: compassionate nurses, Dr.Palter is constantly learning and basing treatments on new research, involved in research, at first I did not believe our treatment was cookie cutter like other clinics Weaknesses : clinic becoming too big, less personal treatment by doctors and staff, less organized, things slipping through the cracks
First 3 cycles of IVF covered 75% after 6 iUI treatments failed. Paid out of pocket for egg donor cycle 24,000
What specific things went wrong at Gold Coast IVF?