Medical SchoolTulane
Metairie, LA 70001
New Orleans
3525 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Steven Taylor to a friend?
Neutral: 35%Don't recommend: 65%3.5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of New Orleans to a friend?
He [Dr. Steven Taylor] told me it looked like I would get pregnant with triplets on my first cycle of Clomid. I spent the 2ww convinced I could get pregnant. When I informed the office that it failed, he wasn't surprised and said because my lining was so thin, it made sense.... He certainly failed to tell me that at the appointment when he reviewed my ultrasound... He was too optimistic when I just needed my doctor to be honest and realistic with me.
How was your experience with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I was very disappointed with him. He told me it looked like I would get pregnant with triplets on my first cycle of Clomid. I spent the 2ww convinced I could get pregnant. When I informed the office that it failed, he wasn't surprised and said because my lining was so thin, it made sense.... He certainly failed to tell me that at the appointment when he reviewed my ultrasound. I didn't even know I had a problem with lining before clomid but my preliminary testing showed thin lining but he chose Clomid (which causes thinner lining) anyway. Then he told me everything looked perfect. I was devastated and angry.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
When test results come in, you have to ask "is anything LESS than PERFECT"... and interrogate them to be sure to understand your situation : ( Even after I learned to ask that question, I wasn't fully informed of my less than perfect test results during a treatment cycle. He was too optimistic when I just needed my doctor to be honest and realistic with me. Family and friends are for optimism, not your doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He was good at communication. He was sensitive.
Describe the protocols Steven Taylor used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I came in with male factor infertility (corrected by surgery) and stage 1 endometriosis. He put me on Clomid (even though my lining without treatment was thin). My post coitals always came back good, so we never were recommended an IUI. He then put me on Letrozole which didn't give my body much of a reaction. I changed doctors after that. He was a bit too optimistic.
Some nurses were incredible, others were incredibly insensitive. One called me to inform me (during my 2ww of a treatment month) that "when your period starts, call us because we have a plan for your next month." I was dumbfounded and asked if they had reason to believe that their previous treatment shouldn't have worked and she said "no." On another occasion, I asked what an AMH was and what my level meant and the nurse told me I would have to go to college to understand it!
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
This clinic has a monthly support group that is wonderful. One of the nurses facilitates it on her free time. The Mandeville location is very personal and small enough to where they recognize you and remember your name but big enough to where you can trust their lab technology and they are up to date on procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Initial consult was $215. Ultrasound around $120. Blood work was around $30 for each hormone level checked. Injection months were $1250 flat rate (before ovulation) for all blood work and ultrasounds. Post coitals were $87.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Mandeville
I was successful in becoming pregnant twice. I felt like he [Dr. Steven Taylor] really wanted to help us have a baby. That being said, I never really knew what was going on besides day to day instructions. I also do not feel like he was aggressive enough. I would have liked to maximize my treatment and I just don't feel like he pushed hard enough.... I did not see Dr. Taylor much but felt in close contact with him through the nurses.
I was successful in becoming pregnant twice. I felt like he really wanted to help us have a baby. That being said, I never really knew what was going on besides day to day instructions. I also do not feel like he was aggressive enough. I would have liked to maximize my treatment and I just don't feel like he pushed hard enough.
Be ready to do your own research and be your own advocate.
The nurse quickly recognized me and knew my name. I did not see Dr. Taylor much but felt in close contact with him through the nurses.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Their billing department is horrible! You never know what you are paying for and when. I asked for a detailed printout and it took months to get it and it was hard to read and understand once I did receive it. It is hard to use FLEX to pay for treatments because they bill way after the treatment occurred. The dates, amounts, and treatments never match up. Very frustrating! The nurses are all very nice. I never have long waits.
Describe Steven Taylor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
He really pushes eSET
2011 - 2015
After 4 miscarriages [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans, under Dr. Taylor's care], tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
2011 - 2015
After 4 miscarriages, tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
Don't go here. There is a better, more compassionate clinic in the area.
The staff never remembered my name, with the exception of two ultrasound techs. They shuffle people like cattle in and out of the office. Every visit was standard, blood and ultra sound. Even if you didn't need it
The staff shuffles people in and sometimes there is a very long wait even when you have an appointment scheduled. Several occasions I received calls from nurses who didn't even bother to look in my chart for specifics. Most times they could not answer my questions and I always felt very rushed
Pick a different clinic
We spent over $8,000 and got zero answers
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
New Orleans