Ohio Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolOhio St
ResidencyOhio St
FellowshipU. Hospitals Cleveland
4830 Knightsbridge Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Steven Williams to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ohio Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Williams approached our situation with care and worked with my partner and I to ensure that all of our questions were answered. After the first few IUI inseminations, resulted in negative pregnancy results. Dr. Williams moved forward with the next course of treatment which included additional testing and using Clomid and the trigger shot. This course of treatment worked for us.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
You need to make sure you ask all questions to help with your course of treatment. You will need to be patient and if your course of treatment is not progressing properly then you need to follow up with the nurses and the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams and his nurses were extremely knowledgeable and approachable. They were always respectful and answered all of our questions.
Describe the protocols Steven Williams used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did not use treatment strategies until after the first 3 negative results. I had an HSG test completed and we tried a fourth time. This time also resulted in a negative test. The next two treatments included using Clomid and the trigger shot with the 6th time being the lucky number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie)
Nancy and Mckenzie answered all of our questions. I called frequently during our treatment process and they were very respectful and followed up with phone calls immediately.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The practice included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The costs were straight forward and discussed during the treatment process. Even when we had the HSG test, Nurse Nancy worked with us to get the lowest cost possible.
Columbus
[Dr. Williams] did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so... He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams and I did not collaborate or make decisions together well. He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle. Dr. Williams explained the risk of multiples and the expense of the drug which I appreciate but ultimately my husband and I wanted to move forward. We were willing to take on the risk and expense of this treatment but it was not what Dr. Williams wanted for us so the treatment was halted. Dr. Williams was very good at explaining why he thought the gonadotropins were a bad idea, he made sure all my questions were answered. I don't, however, feel that our input was taken into consideration. He told us that within 2 years, 90% of couples my age are successful at becoming pregnant. Being advised to remain patient for another full calendar year before moving onto more-aggressive treatment was heart-wrenching.
Be sure to self-advocate for yourself. Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and professional, however, he is a busy man and has hundreds of patients. If there is a specific treatment that you think will benefit you, come armed with information and be prepared to defend your stance. Dr. Williams will give you stats and percentages and reference medical journals at the drop of a hat. I got a bit caught up in this and felt personally attacked but keep in mind that he has over 20 years of experience and he is trying to explain something in laymen's terms in your brief time together.
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quite personable and made me feel relaxed and at ease in his care. However, Dr. Williams was always missing vital information from my medical records. I am allergic to latex and I always have to remind him to switch to the non-latex wand covers for my ultrasound monitoring. He also did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so.
Dr. Williams switched me from clomid to femara and we did monitored cycles with a trigger injection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy/ McKinzie)
Both of Dr. Williams' nurses were wonderful to work with. If they sensed it was an emotional visit for me, they showed compassion as they passed me a box of tissues.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Plenty of availability. I was able to get an appointment as needed and usually offered a few different times and was able to choose my preferred appointment slot. My wait time to see the doctor was also minimal.
ORM does an excellent job providing patients with printout sheets with insurance codes and cost. I always felt like I knew the associated cost of my care.
Columbus
he [Dr. Steven Williams] was very well versed in current studies and techniques...Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed...His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances... Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed. He always had a smile and a handshake to give, and he was very well versed in current studies and techniques. His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances. This memory lapse was during my 7 week ultrasound to confirm pregnancy before releasing us to the regular ob/gun. Because I was already pregnant, I wasn't too worried about his memory.
Make sure to ask any questions that you want. He can talk quickly, so if you need clarity, just ask. In my experience he's been more than willing to explain anything.
While the clinic was often crowded (especially in the morning), Dr. Williams and his nurses were always kind and welcoming. He did a good job of making us feel comfortable and explaining all of his procedures. We were very happy in his care.
I did Letrozole for 4 cycles with no success. We then discussed IVF. Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF. While we were preparing all the paperwork for IVF, we did one round of IUI just to see if it would work. It did not. So on to IVF we went. I did 75cc of Gonal in the morning and 75cc of Gonal and 150cc (I think) of Menopur in the evening for 10 days. I also used an ovulation suppressant for 3 days before retrieval, but I can't remember what it's called. I also used a trigger shot 36 hours before retrieval. On the day of retrieval, i took a Xanax two hours before the procedure. And I took Zofran about 30 min before the procedure. Because Williams was on vacation, Dr. Schmidt did the retrieval. Although I had heard (on this website) that he can be unfriendly or arrogant, he was nothing but warm and kind to me. The nurse gave me a shot of Dilaudid about 30 minutes before the procedure. The only side effect I noticed was dizziness. The retrieval wasn't painful at all. I was very impressed. Dr. Schmidt definitely has had many years of practice, so that was a real benefit. I spent the rest of the day on the couch. I had had a stomach bug earlier in the week, so I needed the rest. He retrieved 10 eggs. 8 fertilized, and 5 made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred the best one and froze the other 4. Dr. Londra preformed the transfer because Williams was still on vacation. She was also very friendly, but she was a little nervous because Williams had written in his notes that he had had trouble getting the catheter into my uterus when he has done the practice run. But everything went really smoothly, and she said she had no issues. She seemed very relieved. Again, there was no real pain, and I spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching America's Funniest Home Videos. I read that laughter aids in implantation because it helps your body relax and release endorphins. Ten days later, I did a blood test and got a call later that the pregnancy test was positive. I did another blood test 3 days later, and it also looked great. Three weeks later, I went in to do a 7 week ultrasound with Dr. Williams. He was back from vacation and looking refreshed, but he couldn't remember our names or history. At that point, I didn't really care because I had one healthy gestational sac and I was released to my regular ob/gyn. I also began progesterone in sesame oil shots every day after retrieval until reaching 12 weeks of pregnancy. It was not fun! But my husband got very good at giving them, and it was only a half a milliliter. I always sat on a heating pad afterward to help disperse the oil, and we alternated sides. I tried suppositories after 8 weeks, but they were mostly too messy to use consistently. I took them if I was going to be away from my husband for the night or if my butt was just too sore for another shot. So glad they're over!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mackenzie and Nancy)
Makenzie and Nancy were always willing to answer questions, and they got back to me promptly about any messages I left. Nancy went into detail about how to give myself shots, and she instructed my husband well on how to give the trigger shot and the progesterone shots. I always felt comfortable with the nurses, especially Nancy. She was just so friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: well-established clinic; doctors and nurses with a lot of experience; friendly staff; large, well-organized facility; plenty of doctors, male and female; easy to find; plenty of parking; knowledgeable; easy to contact; return calls promptly; eIVF app; easy to use patient portal. Weaknesses: need a larger waiting room; practice is very large.
We were incredibly lucky that my husband's company provided infertility benefits. We didn't want to use them on the IUI so we paid out of pocket for that. The procedure was $346 for the sperm wash and insemination. The Letrozole I had been taking was $18 per month through a specialty pharmacy. We had to pay a deposit of $1200 for the IVF procedures and lab fees. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we paid to the clinic. The drugs were also covered under our insurance, but only up to $4000, I think. So we had to pay about $1500 over that coverage for all of the medication. I think I paid another $50 for more progesterone when my supply was running low. We also had to pay a deposit and a monthly fee to store our frozen embryos. I think the deposit was $150 or so, and the monthly fee is around $40. So all in all, we spent about $3000 on our various treatments including one round of IVF. I could not be happier with that expense considering what people normally pay out of pocket.
Describe Steven Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Williams and his nurses were pretty adamant about a single embryo transfer. I am 32 and my husband is 33, so we were fine with one. We also have friends who transferred 2 and then one embryo split, and they got triplets! We did not want that to happen to us.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him....He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive....He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open...
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him. I drive 2 hours for appointments because I don't want to change doctors. He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open and were are now trying IUI again. Also, they make sure to help save costs whenever possible. I would hands down recommend him to anyone needing fertility help.
Listen to him and really consider his suggestions. I didn't at 1st and wasted a round of IUI because I didn't have him do a 2nd HSG that I thought I didn't need. Turns out he found my problem after performing it himself and I had to have surgery. I could have saved myself a lot of time, money and heartbreak if I had taken his advice.
He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive. His nurses are amazing too!
My 1st treatment was 100mg Clomid days 3-5 and I had 2 good follicles on day 14. I did 1 mL of pregnyl that night and had intercourse. My iui was day 16 at 9:30am then 21 day prgesterone Test showed I ovulated. I didn't get pregnant but I had blocked tubes I didn't know about yet. Next cycle repeated the same but no good follicles could be found (no iui) but 21 day progesterone showed I did ovulate again. Still BFN. Next round 150mg Clomid 2 follicles did pregnyl and iui then 21 day progesterone showed I didn't ovulate. Obviously BFN. This next round they are going to try Femara.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Wolff)
Nancy and Mackenzie are Dr. Williams nurses. They are both good but Nancy is amazing!!! She is always willing to answer any questions and she really cares about the patients. Mackenzie is a little more reserved but does a good job.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The main waiting room could be set up better and the new receptionist is still learning the ropes. Overall it's a nice place.
Usually just paid my copay for regular visits. $160 for follicular ultra sound. $200 for HSG. Less than $1000 for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. just under $400 for IUI
Have not dealt with this
Columbus
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quirky and funny...He never seemed to really remember who I was. He used the same basic protocol that he uses with everyone. Meetings with him, for which I paid out of pocket, were brief. He would ramble through a canned speech about whatever it is we'd be doing and then quickly usher me out the door to speak to his nurse. I frequently forgot to ask him many of the questions I had because he just rushed me so much.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I used to love Dr. Williams. But in the end, even though I have had two children with no fertility enhancing medication (and they are only 2 and 3 years old) he could not get me pregnant. He rushed through all of his explanations, never seemed to know who I was, and frequently I didn't even see him. During my one and only IVF cycle with him, he let me go SEVERAL days without monitoring between my last ultrasound and my egg retrieval. A fact my next RE would be astounded by. I was also told the morning of my egg retrieval that a different doctor at the clinic, one who had not even taken on any of her own patients yet, would be doing my retrieval. The only reason she didn't do it is because I complained about it. The retrieval itself went fine (I think). He recovered 10 eggs which was lower than he had told me would likely be the result at the beginning (he predicted at least 15). The fertilization, which we did with ICSI, was disastrous. ICSI usually has a 80% fertilization rate, only 4 out of my 10 eggs even fertilized. This was so hard to stomach--I had just been pregnant, naturally! (Our issue is male factor--my husband had a vasectomy and subsequent reversal. The reversal lasted long enough to naturally conceive our son but then scarred over again). Anyhow, the embryologist had no answer for why we had such a miserable fertilization rate. Just speaking to her, she seemed highly unintelligent. She couldn't answer any of my questions. She just said "well maybe it will be fine." It wasn't. Two of the embryos never really developed, and we transferred the other two on day 3. Negative. Obviously disappointed, we wanted to try again. I scheduled an appointment with Dr Williams right away. He too had no idea what went wrong. He told me he went to the lab to ask but they didn't take any notes on me... Then he recommended basically the exact same protocol again but with higher doses of drugs this time. We did not ultimately complete a second IVF cycle there and went elsewhere. It is worth noting that I had also done 8 medicated and unmedicated IUIs in the previous year with perfect donor sperm and did not get pregnant that way either.
Don't go to this doctor or this clinic.
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quirky and funny. I liked him a great deal for years, and recommended him to everyone. But as time wore on, I started feeling more like a number to him. More specifically--a paycheck. He never seemed to really remember who I was. He used the same basic protocol that he uses with everyone. Meetings with him, for which I paid out of pocket, were brief. He would ramble through a canned speech about whatever it is we'd be doing and then quickly usher me out the door to speak to his nurse. I frequently forgot to ask him many of the questions I had because he just rushed me so much.
I wasn't given a rationale for why he used these particular protocols. He put me on long lupron and gonal-f, just like he does with everyone else.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Dr. Williams' nurse Nancy is rude and condescending. When she called to tell me that my first IVF failed, that my pregnancy test was negative, I expressed disappointment. She said "Well, we aren't miracle workers." And I must admit I agree with her. They are not. However, I wasn't looking for a miracle. I'm a person who has two children already conceived naturally. Another one conceived should not have to be a miracle. If you are someone who even has the slightest issue, I guess Nancy and the team at ORM would consider your potential pregnancy a true miracle not to be expected.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths? None. The biggest thing they have going for them is name recognition. At the time I started going there, they were really the only clinic anyone knew about in town. I went because my friend went there and my OB/GYN referred me. Their weaknesses?: wait times, protocols, doctors, their lab is OLD and OUTDATED and INEFFECTIVE, their billing department is atrocious, they push everyone into IVF, and their nurses are--with few exception--awful to deal with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Ultrasound monitoring here is the worst. 9 million people all waiting and it takes hours.
Typical costs.
Columbus
He [Dr.Williams] seems to know his stuff and I appreciate that he's closely connected with the OSU med school and up to date on the latest fertility studies...He's pretty good in the exam room. He's slower and pays more attention than in the initial consultation. He's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat bad news. And he seemed as disappointed as me when my follicles weren't measuring up...At the initial consultation, he went through his spiel very quickly. We could tell it was the same thing he said to all the new patients. Once we got into specifics, with my medical history, and plans, he slowed down a little, but he was still really brisk...
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
At the initial consultation, he went through his spiel very quickly. We could tell it was the same thing he said to all the new patients. Once we got into specifics, with my medical history, and plans, he slowed down a little, but he was still really brisk. He seems to know his stuff and I appreciate that he's closely connected with the OSU med school and up to date on the latest fertility studies. Our first medicated cycle, at the first ultrasound to check for follicle growth, he told us my follicles weren't growing at the rate they should be and said that cycle wasn't optimal. Rather than continue with the IUI as planned, he let us make the decision to not move forward that cycle. I appreciated that, because it saved us money and the heartache of a negative. Then he modified the medications for the next cycle. We are still waiting to see what happens this time. He's pretty good in the exam room. He's slower and pays more attention than in the initial consultation. He's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat bad news. And he seemed as disappointed as me when my follicles weren't measuring up.
Go in prepared, know your research and your body, have questions ready.
The doctor always treats me like a human when I'm in the office. Talking to the nurses is a different story. They specifically ask you to leave your chart number when leaving a voicemail. Once they call back, you're treated like a human again.
I'm anovulary with PCOS, with very rare natural (unmedicated) cycles. First try: Provera to induce a period, then 50mg Clomid cycle days 3-7 for the cycle that didn't produce growing follicles. We didn't proceed with the IUI Second try: Provera, prescribed 100mg Clomid cycle days 3-7 and trigger shot, still waiting to see what will happen this time around
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Williams has 2 nurses on his team. One is much nicer than the other, but I can never remember who's who. With my irregular cycles, I've had a lot of questions for them. The first couple calls, the nurse was very brisk, almost rude, like I was wasting her time. Something changed recently and they are much nicer now and willing to spend a little more time on the phone with me to make sure I understand everything.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are partnered with and next door to a sperm bank. If you need donor sperm, this is very helpful and saves a ton on shipping costs.
Initial consultation: $200, no insurance coverage Blood tests: $268, discounted by insurance down to $50 Sperm: $675 (was $515), no insurance coverage Ultrasound: $381, discounted by insurance down to $200 IUI: $230, no insurance coverage Trigger shot: $80, no insurance coverage Clomid: $20, discounted by insurance Provera: completely covered by insurance
Columbus
As I mentioned before, I also don't think that he [Dr. Steven Williams] took my diagnosis into consideration. I feel that I was given the same treatment as someone with PCOS when I am dealing with DOR. These are two completely different conditions! I felt like i was just another patient to him. Even our friends who had dealt with Dr. Williams in the past could give us a run down of exactly what he would do or say and that would be exactly what happened. I didn't feel that he was up to date on any studies or new technologies out there.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams is a very nice guy. He was always very friendly and always tried to break any bad news in the best way he could. That was a good thing and a bad thing a times. Both my husband and I felt like he spoke very fast and we never had enough time during our visits to internalize what he had just said and ask the appropriate questions. As I mentioned before, I also don't think that he took my diagnosis into consideration. I feel that I was given the same treatment as someone with PCOS when I am dealing with DOR. These are two completely different conditions! I felt like i was just another patient to him. Even our friends who had dealt with Dr. Williams in the past could give us a run down of exactly what he would do or say and that would be exactly what happened. I didn't feel that he was up to date on any studies or new technologies out there.
Be prepared for a drawing of your uterus and ovaries on your first consultation. Make sure that you ask a lot of questions and you make him take his time and slow down. Also, don't be afraid to question his timeline of treatment. His timeline will take about a year to get to IVF.
I felt that Dr. Williams gave me the same speech that he does to all of his patients. I also feel like my treatments were not specialized to my condition and it was the same treatment he gives everyone regardless of your diagnosis. Additionally, I do not think he was financially consciousness of treatments. We went through what ended up being 9 medicated cycles all being out of pocket expenses for us. His spiel in the beginning makes you think he is thinking about costs first but in reality we spent double what we should have before moving to IVF.
Treatment 1- 3 cycles of clomid and timed intercourse, reason was that this is a low cost 'easy' way to get pregnant. Resulted in 0 pregnancies Treatment 2- 2 cycles of clomid and IUI- reason was low cost and less invasive way to to get pregnant. Resulted in 1 pregnancy- ended in miscarriage. Treatment 3- repeat 2 cycles of clomid and IUI- reason was because I got pregnant off it the last time. Resulted in 0 pregnancies. Treatment 4- 150 Gonal-f and IUI- reason still not as expensive as IVF and chance of multiples. Resulted in 0 pregnancies Treatment 5- 225 Gonal-f and IUI- reason still not as expensive as IVF and chance of multiples. Resulted in 0 pregnancies. Treatment 6- laparoscopy to see if there was endo. Reason- this could be why other treatments did not work. Found no endo or scar tissue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy or McKenzie )
Nancy and McKenzie were great. They were timely in returning calls and always answered my questions and helped when needed.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The doctors at ORM are older and therefore I don't think they are as up to date on technologies and most resent studies. Their payment system is strange. They guess what your insurance will make you pay and then charge you. In many times they over charged me for services and hardly ever were their credits for any of that. For my laparoscopy, they were trying to get me to pay something like $700 when my insurance was covering 100% of the costs. I had to force them to run it through insurance first. However, I will say ORM is a well oiled machine. They get you in and out of there quickly and all of the appointments are pretty much on time and ready for you when you get there. Labs and Speciality pharmacy are all in the same complex so it makes it very easy for all of those things which is nice.
About $15,000 Each IUI was about $2400 Medications $5000 Bloodwork around- $5000 Consultations/Ultra Sounds- $2600
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Williams has such a rich history of experience and can pull from that knowledge to help clearly explain expectations and support decisions. He backs up everything he says with Guidelines and studies. Given that fertility is not an exact science, I would have preferred that we explored more options than he did with my situation since I did not 'fit' the normal prototype based on my responses. So, I chose to go to a different clinic to explore other options and protocols.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr William has such a rich history of experience and can pull from that knowledge to help clearly explain expectations and support decisions. He backs up everything he says with Guidelines and studies. Given that fertility is not an exact science, I would have preferred that we explored more options than he did with my situation since I did not 'fit' the normal prototype based on my responses. So, I chose to go to a different clinic to explore other options and protocols.
Dr Williams is realistic and very straightforward with the facts based on a typical patient. Be prepared to ask questions on why those things are right specifically for you and what can go wrong.
Dr. Williams is an incredibly friendly and intelligent doctor. He always listened to all of my questions and gave very academic and straightforward answers, which I appreciated. I felt more like a number in that the clinic itself feels more like a factory than a clinic. I only had Dr. Williams for a few number of procedures and actual clinical appointments. I trust Dr. Williams, but have had different experiences with other doctors there.
We had many blood tests and treatments with Dr. Williams, which helped us to better understand our situation. We started with Clomid, then Femara (letrozole), then IUIs. During this time ,we had at least 1 CP (1-2 not confirmed by blood tests). We did a Luteal Lupron protocol for 2 IVFs next. For IVF 1 I started with 225 units of Follistim / day, but then that was increased to 300 units. My E2 levels and ultrasound indicated that I should have at least 5 eggs retrieved. After a very painful retrieval, only 1 was retrieved. I was given no explanation when it happened, and was left devastated. The doctor who did it (not Dr. Williams) said "it wasn't my fault" and left me there. So, needless to say I asked for Dr. Williams for all of my procedures in IVF 2, and he agreed that was the right choice. He increased my Follistim to 375 units per day with the same protocol otherwise. Because I had to wait to get on his schedule, I was on birth control for an extra length of time, which I'm now told is not good for someone who is a poor responder. But, I did not have another choice if I wanted Dr. Williams. For IVF 2 retrieval, Dr. Williams was able to get 9 mature eggs, all of which fertilized. We needed to do a Day 3 transfer, though, since most were not dividing well Day 2/3. We only had 2, 8-cell embryos on Day 3, which were highly fragmented. No pregnancy resulted from this transfer.
Dr. Williams nursing staff is incredibly good. I had some issues early on with shortness and rudeness, however, Dr. Williams quickly rectified the issue after we told him about how bad it was getting. Since that, we had great experiences with both of Dr. William's nurses. The only downside is compassion can be limited, but they are very knowledgeable and quickly respond. The IVF nurses are more compassionate, but I was given false information several times and mistakes on my protocols. It seems like they are overworked? As people, they are very kind.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is like a well-oiled machine. This can give you confidence that they know what they do very well. The Patient Portal is a great tool that ORM offers, and helps you feel like you are part of the process. But keep in mind, that each doctor has a different set of skills. It is difficult when you find a doctor you like for consults, but then all of your procedures are with different doctors who don't know you at all. If you fall outside of what is 'the norm' - and you don't fit the mold that well / the typical approaches they take - be prepared to feel like your care is not personalized. I felt a bit like this clinic is a factory farm by the end, where I was a number to the clinic, and regardless of my body, my response, my issues, they would just click 'repeat' for another cycle.
We were fortunate to have 2 insurances cover most of the procedures during our time at ORM. I believe for the IVFs, each was a little under 2,000 out of pocket for everything.
2010 - 2015
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr Williams is very informative and is willing to spend as much time as needed explaining details, even drawing pictures to illustrate information given to patients. His demeanor is very warm and friendly, yet he is direct and to the point when it comes to potential risks and outcomes. Bedside manner is excellent, even after surgery he made to sure check on me and my husband both to ensure that we understood what had been done and to make sure all was well for me physically and mentally.
2010 - 2015
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Bring questions that you have and come with an open mind as he has so many options to help.
The entire staff at ORM genuinely cared about not only the well-being of my cycles, but myself personally. The nurses cried when I cried, laughed when I laughed.. I really felt like they cared about the success of our treatment. We were also never pressured into any decisions and we were given direct, factual information without persuasion from the staff as to which option we should choose. Financially we were always given multiple options and never pressured about those choices.
We began with clomid pills and timed intercourse then moved on to clomid pills and monitoring of follicles. After we had no success with that we tried increasing the clomid dosage and then finally a trigger shot to encourage ovulation. We then tried 3 rounds of IUIs, paired with clomid and a trigger shot. After this we did an HSG and discovered a tubal blockage and moved to surgery to repair the tube if possible, remove if not. After repairing the tube we tried a few more IUIs and then moved to IVF as I could not handle any more IUIs because I felt that the tube was compromising our success. We did a round of IVF which resulted in a 3 day fresh transfer of 2 decently graded embryos (our other embryos did not survive to freeze) which resulted in our son. We then did another IVF 18 months later with a similar protocol, just added more stim medications to try to get embryos to freeze but ended up with the same, 2 embryos transferred on day 3 which resulted in another singleton son. I do have to also mention that a few years later we were surprised with a baby girl thanks to Dr Williams doing the surgery to repair my only tube, that I didn't think worked, apparently did. :)
Nancy is hands down the best nurse we ever could have asked for. She is so very caring and compassionate and so knowledgeable about the processes. She spends ample time with each patient before, during, and after each appointment as well as answering endless phone calls and emails without any frustration. I called her quite a bit about concerns and she answered each one in a timely manner and went above and beyond to make sure that we were okay each cycle. Each cycle we knew exactly what to expect, we received a calendar from her that laid everything out step by step and they made sure that we could obtain medications financially and in a timely manner. She always had everything ready to go when we entered her office so the entire time spent with her was about us, answering questions, scheduling future appointments and anything else that was needed, even if it was just a hug and a simple "it will all be okay." She really made our experiences above and beyond anywhere else.
$5000-$6000ish down for each IVF cycle, then paid for medications through specialty pharmacy which cost anywhere from $3000-$8000. Our IUIs cost $350 at the clinic and then we paid for clomid/trigger shot etc through the speciality pharmacies. Clomid was paid for by our insurance so I do not know price for that.
Dr Williams gave factual information that helped us make the choice of one or two but ultimately left the choice up to us. We chose 2 each time because we would have welcomed a multiple birth and I was healthy and could have sustained a twin pregnancy without foreseeable problems.
2007 - 2014
Dr. Williams was compassionate and really cared about us. He gave us his undivided attention and made sure he did every part of our last successful cycle from egg retrieval to embryo transfer... We started with Clomid, then Clomid with insemination, then moved into injections with IUI, which resulted in a successful pregnancy. The second time around, we started with injections and IUI, then moved onto the first egg retrieval/ embryo transfer using ICSI. We transferred 2 embryos, but it was unsuccessful and had no embryos to freeze. The second cycle, he slowed the retrieval process so they could mature and he did the embryo transfer himself. We transferred 2 embryos such resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and have 4 frozen embryos
2007 - 2014
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams was compassionate and really cared about us. He gave us his undivided attention and made sure he did every part of our last successful cycle from egg retrieval to embryo transfer. Tyne only negative feedback is that we sometimes had to wait in the waiting room for a long time.
Trust him and follow his advice.
He was so kind and compassionate and focused on the positives. He met with us after failed attempts to reevaluate next steps. He even gave us information on employers that covered infertility treatments
When we first started, he ran a lot of tests to rule out medical issues. We started with Clomid, then Clomid with insemination, then moved into injections with IUI, which resulted in a successful pregnancy. The second time around, we started with injections and IUI, then moved onto the first egg retrieval/ embryo transfer using ICSI. We transferred 2 embryos, but it was unsuccessful and had no embryos to freeze. The second cycle, he slowed the retrieval process so they could mature and he did the embryo transfer himself. We transferred 2 embryos such resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and have 4 frozen embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Mackenzie)
Nancy was our nurse the entire time and Mackenzie was also with us the second time around. They were both so kind and amazing. Nancy often hugged me when I'm cried and gave us resources and supports.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I liked that the clinic was open almost every day and that doctors rotated. Our successful IUI was fine on New Year's Day. The office staff did not always have the best support and the billing staff did not always bill correctly.
He advised us during each transfer. He gave us the option, but did not feel comfortable transferring more than 3 embryos
Columbus
I have enjoyed every visit with Dr. Williams. He explains things very clearly and draws pictures for explanation. He tells you answers before you can even ask the question, and offers multiple options including all pros and cons associated...Dr Williams knows his patients very well. He is able to call you by name in passing, not just from looking at a chart. He is very down to earth...I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Best Doctor I’ve ever seen!
I have done 6 IUIs under Dr Williams. The first 5 were with donor sperm, and no medications. The 6th was done with donor sperm, Clomidand a trigger shot. I have had an HSG, multiple rounds of blood work (FSH, TSH, progesterone, AMH) ultrasounds, and everything has come back within normal values. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, with no family history of infertility. Due to the cost of an IVF, I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Makenzie)
Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses if Dr Steve. They are very quick to return phone calls, very helpful, and can answer many questions without having to ask the Dr every little detail.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information.
The donor sperm from the lab next door is $675 each purchase. His lab fee & procedure fees each IUI are $275
This has been brought up and he is only willing to do a single
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr Williams was always kind and hopeful. He remembered the details of my case when he saw me and he never pressured me to pursue or not pursue any specific treatment....Overall, I liked Dr Williams. He remained optimistic yet gave me a realistic idea of whether specific treatments could work. He is kind and compassionate and on-time...My protocols were only for IUI. I started with 50mg Clomid while trying naturally. Then after one cycle, I decided I wanted to move to IUI with Clomid, which he agreed to. A few cycles I didn't ovulate, or my husband had low sperm counts.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Overall, I liked Dr Williams. He remained optimistic yet gave me a realistic idea of whether specific treatments could work. He is kind and compassionate and on-time. So far, I've only pursued IUI with him, so I can't comment on IVF with this particular doctor.
Advocate for yourself. Make sure he knows if you want to be more aggressive with treatments, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mackenzie )
The nurse I worked with most was Mackenzie and she is awesome. I always received prompt phone calls back and she's very calm and informative and took all the time I needed to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes the staff in the front lobby weren't super polite. The clinic itself is located right next the the lab and a blood place, so very convenient for me to manage.
IUI was $373. Monitoring was about $40 after insurance. Procedures seemed to be well priced in comparison to what I've heard from other clinics
Did not pursue IVF so cannot comment.
2011 - 2015
Very considerate and knowledgeable. He [Dr. Steven Williams] always made me feel comfortable while in his care.... I do not remember which injections I did for IVF. My first cycle I inserted 2 embryos, 1 took and was successful. On my second cycle I inserted three eggs, one took but ended in a miscarriage due to a birth defect at seven weeks. Third cycle we inserted three eggs and none took.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Very considerate and knowledgeable. He always made me feel comfortable while in his care. The only thing I did not like was on my second and third retrievals I had a different doctor. I just wish Dr. Williams was there to do those as well since he was my doctor.
You're an excellent care with Steve Williams.
Dr. Williams is amazing. Just wish on my following two cycles I would have seen him every time especially for retrieval and Insertion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie )
Nancy and Mckenzie were amazing. If I had a question I needed to call the office or send an email, they were very fast to respond.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
All of the staff are very friendly. The only weakness I would list is they keep raising their price. Other clinics in New York are half the cost. I just recently heard about a clinic in New York which I am considering. In my heart I would rather stay local with Dr. Williams instead of traveling eight hours away. Cost is a factor.
I believe I have three ultrasounds for monitoring the embyo growth.
I think the cost is a little pricey.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
During my 2nd round of IUI when Dr. Williams entered the room he asked me if I had ever had a vaginal ultrasound. Considering I had done my first round of IUI the month prior and had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies, anyone who would have read the chart before entering the room wouldn't ask that question. He also down played how serious my diminished ovarian reserve is and didn't inform me that IVF cycles would have a low success rate. He was ready to move forward without reviewing all the statistics and all my options. I'm just glad I got the 2nd opinion before moving forward. I would not recommend Dr. Williams to anyone who has diminished ovarian reserve or any other complex medical issue. They do not take outside factors into account before planning your treatment.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Do your research
They were always very nice and informative
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are a very nice staff of people they have working for the doctors. If you have any serious hormone imbalance or any complex issue, I would recommend researching several different facilities first
Do not remember
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Dr. Steven Williams] Explains things very well, great bedside manner. Gave me his personal cell number in case I needed him over the weekend. Called to check on me himself after surgery. Portrayed confidence in my treatment but never promised anything he knew he may not be able to deliver.... HSG to check tubes. Once we found one was blocked he gave us options of surgery or pursuing IVF without any pressure-he let us make decision. Once we found we were having an ectopic miscarriage, he explained our options-surgery vs methotrexate vs waiting and monitoring with labs and ultrasound. Recommended surgery to remove tube after ectopic miscarriage due to possibility of blocked tube contributing to miscarriages.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dr.williams always called my husband and I by name, he remembered little details about us and would talk about them at visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and McKenzie)
McKenzie was absolutely wonderful! On top of everything and so hopeful when we needed her. Nancy made many scheduling mistakes that caused issues and frustration.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to get ahold of, not a long wait to see Dr. at appointments. Billing dept is not the best at communicating
Roughly 10,000 for one cycle of IVF not including medications
He provides information on risks with transferring multiples, will discuss your Personal situation/age etc.
Columbus
Dr. Williams made the experience relaxing because he kept the atmosphere light-hearted. In such a heavy aspect of someone's life, that light-hearted nature really helped to feel at ease. He was honest but kind and hopeful.... We first checked for blocked tubes doing a dye test then doing 3 rounds of IUI. Next we checked for endometriosis with laparoscopy and also had my husband evaluated and subsequently treated. One last IUI the month after laparoscopy and it worked.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest about what you want out of the experience because he will discuss it with you let you lead
While you do get a patient number, Dr. Williams always greeted me by name and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It's very nice-waiting areas and atmosphere. The staff are kind and well organized. The location is somewhat hidden which can be good for privacy but harder to find for navigation. It's near many restaurants which resulted in us grabbing breakfast while waiting for our IUI to be ready to perform.
We were lucky to have insurance cover our procedures. Pricing seemed to be on par with what I'd heard for other clinics.
Columbus
He [Dr. Williams] was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.... I always had to call them [Ohio Reproductive Medicine - Columbus]. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.
I always had to call them. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I can't remember the one nurse's name but she was very rude when I called to ask a question.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They were all pretty nice but it seemed like they cared about the payment more than the patient. As soon as you walked in the receptionist was asked for payment and didnt really seem to care how you were doing. The environment isn't very inviting either, they would make it a little more cozy in there.
Thankfully my insurance covered some of it but I believe we had to pay 225 for each IUI cycle.
Columbus
He [Dr. Williams] is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.... He knew our story and was straightforward, blunt but kind whenever he delivered any news good or difficult.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.
Trust him. Listen to him. Communicate with him.
Don’t recall specifics. So sorry.
They were so kind and sent from above. They guided treatment and coached me through they were so wonderful.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Sitting in the waiting room is like therapy, you don’t have to talk to anyone to know that there are tons of people going through the same exact thing as you. It was welcoming, comfortable, not overdone.
Don’t remember
Since we only had 2 good embryos it was suggested we use them both since freezing doesn’t guarantee that they will stay.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you ask all the questions. Don't expect him to know what they are before you ask.
I can't remember the specifics of my treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
Nancy is fantastic. She has the demeanor of an angel. She helped make IVF and all the uncomfortable, steril-ness so much better.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Needs to be updated in appearance.
My IFV procedure cost $7000. The medications cost $3000
I felt comfortable in trusting Dr. Williams' advice. I took his suggestions to heart.
Columbus
He was empathetic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He was empatheic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings. We had to move away during the time I was being treated, but I feel like continuing treatment would have resulted with a successful pregnancy.
Be honest with all your info and if you have a question or concern do not be afraid to bring it up.
She would call an check on me to see how I was both physically and emotionally. She took her time when she answered my questions. She made me feel very informed and as in control as this process could be. During a miscarriage she called repeatedly as I was out of town and alone in a hotel so I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed.