6.9

Steven Williams (retired) works at

535 Reach Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Our initial meeting with Dr. Williams was very interactive and he was attentive. He sat down with us and asked us questions and reviewed our options...Initially we started with Clomid and had scheduled intercourse. We tried it multiple times and unfortunately I did not ovulate and then we had male factor infertility and treatment plans had to be postponed to consider other options.
I left multiple messages and she [nurse of Ohio Reproductive Medicine] seemed to always find the time to get back to me...The only slight weakness is I had a small issue with billing and I informed them I wanted them to bill my insurance first for my ultrasound before I had to pay out of pocket. They agreed and it was worked out...My IUI cost around $275.00 and my ultrasound prior to my IUI was not covered by my insurance so that cost $345.00
How was your experience with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams was very open and honest about our treatment options. He wanted to assist us to the best of his ability in order for us to expand our family. Unfortunately before our initial IUI, Dr. Williams was set to retire and he did not perform our first IUI. We had to select another doctor, Dr. Brooke-Rossi and she has been great!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
To ask as many questions as possible and take notes. Obtain a good understanding of the entire process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Steven Williams (retired) used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
LINDSEY was great and very attentive. I left multiple messages and she seemed to always find the time to get back to me.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is great and my experience has been very positive. The clinic is very attentive and is knowledgeable. The only slight weakness is I had a small issue with billing and I informed them I wanted them to bill my insurance first for my ultrasound before I had to pay out of pocket. They agreed and it was worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
My cost will be different then most because my insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatment. My IUI cost around $275.00 and my ultrasound prior to my IUI was not covered by my insurance so that cost $345.00. I also paid a significant amount of money for my fertility medications.
Columbus

When going over procedures he [Dr. Williams] explains them fully and tells you what he believes your chances are and why...He is pretty blunt and likes to explain things with pictures. If you don't understand what he is talking about ask him to slow down or even explain it in another way...I meet with him personally every time...had a mishap occur due to neglegince of another staff member. When speaking with Dr. Williams he caught it right away
The clinic [ORM] is clean. The secretary is very friendly and helpful. The online portal is slightly hard to follow. If you want to send an email to someone it goes to an office worker who then sends it to the person you really are trying to get ahold of which is slightly annoying...only issue I have had with the clinic was a miscommunication on a voicemail from an LPN within the office (not my doctor's nurse)
Dr. Williams is very concerned with his patients. I had a mishap occur due to neglegince of another staff member. When speaking with Dr. Williams he caught it right away. He completed my exam and determined this issue would not be determintel to our chances this month. We went back to his office so he could get to the bottom of the miscommunication. He addressed it right away with the staff member. I feel as though I am in very capable hands. I meet with him personally every time. His only drawl back would be he not very computer savvy relying on his nurse and other staff members to call with medical updates and such.
When I am with Doctor Williams you can tell he really cares. He recalls previously told information not only about medical things, but life as well. When going over procedures he explains them fully and tells you what he believes your chances are and why. He is big into fist bumping which could go either way, but to me it is more of a personal touch.
Having pcos makes my periods not as frequent as they should be. My current strategy is to take femera on day three of my period through day seven. Around day ten or so I go in for a ultrasound to check ovulation profession. Based on what he sees there he tells me what day I should take.my pregno (trigger shot). After ovulation I am now taking pregestrone vaginally for two weeks. As we discovered during my last cycle that me progesterone level was at a 7. During this phase I also have blood work done to determine my progesterone levels. We are currently doing times intercourse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Williams nurse is very nice and helpful. However some of the other nurses on staff seem to treat you more like a number. I only specifically had one bad experience and that was with a LPN on staff.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean. The secretary is very friendly and helpful. The online portal is slightly hard to follow. If you want to send an email to someone it goes to an office worker who then sends it to the person you really are trying to get ahold of which is slightly annoying. Although when I did run into an issue and I wanted to make sure it was addressed the person on the other end of the portal had it sent to the people it needed to be sent to and the issue was addressed within 24 hours. They were very understanding and apologetic. The clinic is also conveniently located next door the a compound pharmacy, and across the street from am outpatient surgery center.
At this phase my insurance is still covering most of the cost. At this point I am responsible for the office copay, my pill medications are covered through insurance with just a $4 fee. The shots are $100 dollars but there is enough in the vial for two months worth. The dye test cost about $260 after insurance. Blood work is free. My insurance covers all things exploratory or towards fixing an underlying issue anything that is specific to fertility such as IVF will not be covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The one and only issue I have had with the clinic was a miscommunication on a voicemail from an LPN within the office (not my doctor's nurse). When the nurse called to give me my progesterone results she informed me that my progesterone was low and that she would be sending in a prescription for pills to be taken after my period ends for two weeks. So I began taking them directly after my period ended. It was not until day ten of my cycle when I was at the doctor's office speaking with my actual doctor that I was supposed to take them after my peak fertility days. The doctor conducted my exam and determined it did not do damage to this cycle and as long as I stopped taking them and started back up when he told me I should be ok. I was pretty upset and worried that something like this might happen to someone else. I sent an email to the patient portal and received an email stating their apologies, and that they plan to use this example in an upcoming training (obviously omitting all the personal details).
Columbus
After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his [Dr. Steven William's] office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well...is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
entire staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back...nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier...I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.
Dr. Williams is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
Be ready to laugh at his cheesy jokes.
Dr. William and his entire staff is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back. When I went in to see Dr. Williams after five rounds of Clomid, he walked my husband and I through everything that we had gone through already. And then he went into details on next steps.
Dr. Williams had me start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next step is included Clomid, trigger shot and are you ar dr. Williams had knee start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well. We are a couple with an identified issues. We have not been able to get pregnant yet. We are currently trying a double dosage of Clomid, trigger shot and IUI for the third time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Williams nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the office from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses has been nothing but nice and compassionate to me. I love the office and haven’t had any problems with them. Everyone genuinely seems to want to help you and that makes the whole experience a lot better.
I pay about $35 every time I need bloodwork. I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.
Columbus

He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either.
Even though it [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with!...I spoke to Dr.Williams two nurses frequently. Every time they treated us like humans, were very warm, compassionate and understanding!...He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open.
He was caring and compassionate with years of experience that made us feel we could trust him! While we still have not gotten pregnant we don't blame Dr/ Williams. If we can afford IVF in the future he is the doctor we will go to with no hesitation. He helped to put us at ease and explained everything so it was easy to understand!
He is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!
He was very caring with his approach. We were nervous of course but he had a calming straight forward attitude that helped so much. He explained everything very well with great detail so we could understand!
He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either. So he suggested the next best step would be to try IVF. He explained the cost and course of treatment. We decided to take our time and pray on it and attempt to save up the money for the treatments. Which is where we still are now, praying and saving!
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Even though it is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with! I had compared this clinic with another local one and after reading many reviews I felt this clinic were the ones we wanted to trust! I'm very glad we did!
Costs we had were office visits, medication associated with IUI. The laproscopic surgery was covered under insurance as was blood tests for IUI.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I have enjoyed every visit with Dr. Williams. He explains things very clearly and draws pictures for explanation. He tells you answers before you can even ask the question, and offers multiple options including all pros and cons associated...Dr Williams knows his patients very well. He is able to call you by name in passing, not just from looking at a chart. He is very down to earth...I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room [Ohio Repro Med] is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information...There was a miscommunication on balance on the account. I was told I was paid up, and a week later was hit with a $500 statement balance...Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses
Best Doctor I’ve ever seen!
I have done 6 IUIs under Dr Williams. The first 5 were with donor sperm, and no medications. The 6th was done with donor sperm, Clomidand a trigger shot. I have had an HSG, multiple rounds of blood work (FSH, TSH, progesterone, AMH) ultrasounds, and everything has come back within normal values. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, with no family history of infertility. Due to the cost of an IVF, I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Makenzie)
Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses if Dr Steve. They are very quick to return phone calls, very helpful, and can answer many questions without having to ask the Dr every little detail.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information.
The donor sperm from the lab next door is $675 each purchase. His lab fee & procedure fees each IUI are $275
Describe Steven Williams (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
This has been brought up and he is only willing to do a single
Columbus
Dr. Williams approached our situation with care and worked with my partner and I to ensure that all of our questions were answered. After the first few IUI inseminations, resulted in negative pregnancy results. Dr. Williams moved forward with the next course of treatment which included additional testing and using Clomid and the trigger shot. This course of treatment worked for us.
The practice [Ohio Reproductive Med-Columbus] included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.... Nancy and Mckenzie answered all of our questions. I called frequently during our treatment process and they were very respectful and followed up with phone calls immediately.
You need to make sure you ask all questions to help with your course of treatment. You will need to be patient and if your course of treatment is not progressing properly then you need to follow up with the nurses and the doctor.
Dr. Williams and his nurses were extremely knowledgeable and approachable. They were always respectful and answered all of our questions.
We did not use treatment strategies until after the first 3 negative results. I had an HSG test completed and we tried a fourth time. This time also resulted in a negative test. The next two treatments included using Clomid and the trigger shot with the 6th time being the lucky number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The practice included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.
The costs were straight forward and discussed during the treatment process. Even when we had the HSG test, Nurse Nancy worked with us to get the lowest cost possible.

IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Steven Williams] Explains things very well, great bedside manner. Gave me his personal cell number in case I needed him over the weekend. Called to check on me himself after surgery. Portrayed confidence in my treatment but never promised anything he knew he may not be able to deliver.... HSG to check tubes. Once we found one was blocked he gave us options of surgery or pursuing IVF without any pressure-he let us make decision. Once we found we were having an ectopic miscarriage, he explained our options-surgery vs methotrexate vs waiting and monitoring with labs and ultrasound. Recommended surgery to remove tube after ectopic miscarriage due to possibility of blocked tube contributing to miscarriages.
McKenzie [a nurse at Ohio Reproductive Med] was absolutely wonderful! On top of everything and so hopeful when we needed her. Nancy made many scheduling mistakes that caused issues and frustration.... Nurse gave us appointment time and date but entered it on her end in wrong month. Day before appointnent I caught it on portal and called. Had to have appointment rescheduled after already planning mine and husbands work schedule.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dr.williams always called my husband and I by name, he remembered little details about us and would talk about them at visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and McKenzie)
McKenzie was absolutely wonderful! On top of everything and so hopeful when we needed her. Nancy made many scheduling mistakes that caused issues and frustration.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to get ahold of, not a long wait to see Dr. at appointments. Billing dept is not the best at communicating
Roughly 10,000 for one cycle of IVF not including medications
He provides information on risks with transferring multiples, will discuss your Personal situation/age etc.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him....He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive....He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open...
The main waiting room [Ohio Repro Med] could be set up better and the new receptionist is still learning the ropes. Overall it's a nice place....$160 for follicular ultra sound. $200 for HSG. Less than $1000 for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. just under $400 for IUI....Nancy and Mackenzie are Dr. Williams nurses. They are both good but Nancy is amazing!!! She is always willing to answer any questions and she really cares about the patients. Mackenzie is a little more reserved but does a good job.
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him. I drive 2 hours for appointments because I don't want to change doctors. He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open and were are now trying IUI again. Also, they make sure to help save costs whenever possible. I would hands down recommend him to anyone needing fertility help.
Listen to him and really consider his suggestions. I didn't at 1st and wasted a round of IUI because I didn't have him do a 2nd HSG that I thought I didn't need. Turns out he found my problem after performing it himself and I had to have surgery. I could have saved myself a lot of time, money and heartbreak if I had taken his advice.
He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive. His nurses are amazing too!
My 1st treatment was 100mg Clomid days 3-5 and I had 2 good follicles on day 14. I did 1 mL of pregnyl that night and had intercourse. My iui was day 16 at 9:30am then 21 day prgesterone Test showed I ovulated. I didn't get pregnant but I had blocked tubes I didn't know about yet. Next cycle repeated the same but no good follicles could be found (no iui) but 21 day progesterone showed I did ovulate again. Still BFN. Next round 150mg Clomid 2 follicles did pregnyl and iui then 21 day progesterone showed I didn't ovulate. Obviously BFN. This next round they are going to try Femara.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Wolff)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The main waiting room could be set up better and the new receptionist is still learning the ropes. Overall it's a nice place.
Usually just paid my copay for regular visits. $160 for follicular ultra sound. $200 for HSG. Less than $1000 for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. just under $400 for IUI
Have not dealt with this
Columbus

he [Dr. Steven Williams] was very well versed in current studies and techniques...Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed...His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances... Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF.
[At Ohio Reproductive Medicine] The procedure [IUI] was $346 for the sperm wash and insemination. The Letrozole I had been taking was $18 per month through a specialty pharmacy. We had to pay a deposit of $1200 for the IVF procedures and lab fees...Strengths: well-established clinic; doctors and nurses with a lot of experience; friendly staff; large, well-organized facility; plenty of doctors, male and female; easy to find; plenty of parking; knowledgeable; easy to contact; return calls promptly; eIVF app; easy to use patient portal. Weaknesses: need a larger waiting room; practice is very large.
Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed. He always had a smile and a handshake to give, and he was very well versed in current studies and techniques. His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances. This memory lapse was during my 7 week ultrasound to confirm pregnancy before releasing us to the regular ob/gun. Because I was already pregnant, I wasn't too worried about his memory.
Make sure to ask any questions that you want. He can talk quickly, so if you need clarity, just ask. In my experience he's been more than willing to explain anything.
While the clinic was often crowded (especially in the morning), Dr. Williams and his nurses were always kind and welcoming. He did a good job of making us feel comfortable and explaining all of his procedures. We were very happy in his care.
I did Letrozole for 4 cycles with no success. We then discussed IVF. Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF. While we were preparing all the paperwork for IVF, we did one round of IUI just to see if it would work. It did not. So on to IVF we went. I did 75cc of Gonal in the morning and 75cc of Gonal and 150cc (I think) of Menopur in the evening for 10 days. I also used an ovulation suppressant for 3 days before retrieval, but I can't remember what it's called. I also used a trigger shot 36 hours before retrieval. On the day of retrieval, i took a Xanax two hours before the procedure. And I took Zofran about 30 min before the procedure. Because Williams was on vacation, Dr. Schmidt did the retrieval. Although I had heard (on this website) that he can be unfriendly or arrogant, he was nothing but warm and kind to me. The nurse gave me a shot of Dilaudid about 30 minutes before the procedure. The only side effect I noticed was dizziness. The retrieval wasn't painful at all. I was very impressed. Dr. Schmidt definitely has had many years of practice, so that was a real benefit. I spent the rest of the day on the couch. I had had a stomach bug earlier in the week, so I needed the rest. He retrieved 10 eggs. 8 fertilized, and 5 made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred the best one and froze the other 4. Dr. Londra preformed the transfer because Williams was still on vacation. She was also very friendly, but she was a little nervous because Williams had written in his notes that he had had trouble getting the catheter into my uterus when he has done the practice run. But everything went really smoothly, and she said she had no issues. She seemed very relieved. Again, there was no real pain, and I spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching America's Funniest Home Videos. I read that laughter aids in implantation because it helps your body relax and release endorphins. Ten days later, I did a blood test and got a call later that the pregnancy test was positive. I did another blood test 3 days later, and it also looked great. Three weeks later, I went in to do a 7 week ultrasound with Dr. Williams. He was back from vacation and looking refreshed, but he couldn't remember our names or history. At that point, I didn't really care because I had one healthy gestational sac and I was released to my regular ob/gyn. I also began progesterone in sesame oil shots every day after retrieval until reaching 12 weeks of pregnancy. It was not fun! But my husband got very good at giving them, and it was only a half a milliliter. I always sat on a heating pad afterward to help disperse the oil, and we alternated sides. I tried suppositories after 8 weeks, but they were mostly too messy to use consistently. I took them if I was going to be away from my husband for the night or if my butt was just too sore for another shot. So glad they're over!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mackenzie and Nancy)
Makenzie and Nancy were always willing to answer questions, and they got back to me promptly about any messages I left. Nancy went into detail about how to give myself shots, and she instructed my husband well on how to give the trigger shot and the progesterone shots. I always felt comfortable with the nurses, especially Nancy. She was just so friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
We were incredibly lucky that my husband's company provided infertility benefits. We didn't want to use them on the IUI so we paid out of pocket for that. The procedure was $346 for the sperm wash and insemination. The Letrozole I had been taking was $18 per month through a specialty pharmacy. We had to pay a deposit of $1200 for the IVF procedures and lab fees. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we paid to the clinic. The drugs were also covered under our insurance, but only up to $4000, I think. So we had to pay about $1500 over that coverage for all of the medication. I think I paid another $50 for more progesterone when my supply was running low. We also had to pay a deposit and a monthly fee to store our frozen embryos. I think the deposit was $150 or so, and the monthly fee is around $40. So all in all, we spent about $3000 on our various treatments including one round of IVF. I could not be happier with that expense considering what people normally pay out of pocket.
Williams and his nurses were pretty adamant about a single embryo transfer. I am 32 and my husband is 33, so we were fine with one. We also have friends who transferred 2 and then one embryo split, and they got triplets! We did not want that to happen to us.

2015 - 2017, Successful
For the IUI [with Dr. Williams] I used clomid, and antibiotic, and Pregnyl (trigger shot). For IFV I used birth control pills, Lupron, pregesterone, and I think Pregnyl again...He sat down and spoke in an unrushed manner. He took his time and answered all questions... He tried the least invasive procedures first, but quickly moved on when he felt more needed to be done. He his very knowledgeable, and explained everything well. He let us feel like we had choices and discussed all treatment options with us. I recommend him to everyone
I was told [by the nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine that] nobody got put to sleep and I would be fine. However, I have a terrible pain tolerance and it was horrible. During it I asked the doctor why they don’t put people to sleep and he told me they do and that Nancy must have been mistaken. I should have asked him ahead of time, but I expected her to offer all possibilities...With IUI, Meds, IVF, and ICSI approximately $15,000... I would recommend this facility to everyone
Dr. Williams took his time with us. He tried the least invasive procedures first, but quickly moved on when he felt more needed to be done. He his very knowledgeable, and explained everything well. He let us feel like we had choices and discussed all treatment options with us. I recommend him to everyone
Choose him as a fertility doctor.
For the IUI I used clomid, and antibiotic, and Pregnyl (trigger shot). For IFV I used birth control pills, Lupron, pregesterone, and I think Pregnyl again. I continued the progesterone for 10weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
She is not very sympathetic at answering questions. I have a nursing degree and she acted like I was unintelligent. I had legitimate questions and she would just say “well I don’t know, I don’t know” she also lied to me about the possibility of general anesthesia. I was told nobody got put to sleep and I would be fine. However, I have a terrible pain tolerance and it was horrible. During it I asked the doctor why they don’t put people to sleep and he told me they do and that Nancy must have been mistaken. I should have asked him ahead of time, but I expected her to offer all possibilities.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr.Williams is great. Nancy needs better communication skills and to have more compassion. I am thankful my IVF was successful, and I owe it all to great medical care. I would recommend this facility to everyone, which I do frequently. 3 of my friends are now current patients. They all agree with me about Nancy.
With IUI, Meds, IVF, and ICSI approximately $15,000
I only had one survivor, so I had no choice. However he showed us a graph of odds of success with a single vs multiple by age. I would have had a single transfer anyway and would have froze the rest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Nancy lied about general anesthesia being an option.
2010 - 2015, Successful
Dr Williams is very informative and is willing to spend as much time as needed explaining details, even drawing pictures to illustrate information given to patients. His demeanor is very warm and friendly, yet he is direct and to the point when it comes to potential risks and outcomes. Bedside manner is excellent, even after surgery he made to sure check on me and my husband both to ensure that we understood what had been done and to make sure all was well for me physically and mentally.
The entire staff at ORM genuinely cared about not only the well-being of my cycles, but myself personally. The nurses cried when I cried, laughed when I laughed.. I really felt like they cared about the success of our treatment. We were also never pressured into any decisions and we were given direct, factual information without persuasion from the staff as to which option we should choose. Financially we were always given multiple options and never pressured about those choices.
Bring questions that you have and come with an open mind as he has so many options to help.
We began with clomid pills and timed intercourse then moved on to clomid pills and monitoring of follicles. After we had no success with that we tried increasing the clomid dosage and then finally a trigger shot to encourage ovulation. We then tried 3 rounds of IUIs, paired with clomid and a trigger shot. After this we did an HSG and discovered a tubal blockage and moved to surgery to repair the tube if possible, remove if not. After repairing the tube we tried a few more IUIs and then moved to IVF as I could not handle any more IUIs because I felt that the tube was compromising our success. We did a round of IVF which resulted in a 3 day fresh transfer of 2 decently graded embryos (our other embryos did not survive to freeze) which resulted in our son. We then did another IVF 18 months later with a similar protocol, just added more stim medications to try to get embryos to freeze but ended up with the same, 2 embryos transferred on day 3 which resulted in another singleton son. I do have to also mention that a few years later we were surprised with a baby girl thanks to Dr Williams doing the surgery to repair my only tube, that I didn't think worked, apparently did. :)
Nancy is hands down the best nurse we ever could have asked for. She is so very caring and compassionate and so knowledgeable about the processes. She spends ample time with each patient before, during, and after each appointment as well as answering endless phone calls and emails without any frustration. I called her quite a bit about concerns and she answered each one in a timely manner and went above and beyond to make sure that we were okay each cycle. Each cycle we knew exactly what to expect, we received a calendar from her that laid everything out step by step and they made sure that we could obtain medications financially and in a timely manner. She always had everything ready to go when we entered her office so the entire time spent with her was about us, answering questions, scheduling future appointments and anything else that was needed, even if it was just a hug and a simple "it will all be okay." She really made our experiences above and beyond anywhere else.
$5000-$6000ish down for each IVF cycle, then paid for medications through specialty pharmacy which cost anywhere from $3000-$8000. Our IUIs cost $350 at the clinic and then we paid for clomid/trigger shot etc through the speciality pharmacies. Clomid was paid for by our insurance so I do not know price for that.
Dr Williams gave factual information that helped us make the choice of one or two but ultimately left the choice up to us. We chose 2 each time because we would have welcomed a multiple birth and I was healthy and could have sustained a twin pregnancy without foreseeable problems.
2007 - 2014, Successful
Dr. Williams was compassionate and really cared about us. He gave us his undivided attention and made sure he did every part of our last successful cycle from egg retrieval to embryo transfer... We started with Clomid, then Clomid with insemination, then moved into injections with IUI, which resulted in a successful pregnancy. The second time around, we started with injections and IUI, then moved onto the first egg retrieval/ embryo transfer using ICSI. We transferred 2 embryos, but it was unsuccessful and had no embryos to freeze. The second cycle, he slowed the retrieval process so they could mature and he did the embryo transfer himself. We transferred 2 embryos such resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and have 4 frozen embryos
I liked that the clinic [OH Reproductive Med] was open almost every day and that doctors rotated. Our successful IUI was fine on New Year's Day. The office staff did not always have the best support and the billing staff did not always bill correctly.... Nancy was our nurse the entire time and Mackenzie was also with us the second time around. They were both so kind and amazing. Nancy often hugged me when I'm cried and gave us resources and supports.
Dr. Williams was compassionate and really cared about us. He gave us his undivided attention and made sure he did every part of our last successful cycle from egg retrieval to embryo transfer. Tyne only negative feedback is that we sometimes had to wait in the waiting room for a long time.
Trust him and follow his advice.
He was so kind and compassionate and focused on the positives. He met with us after failed attempts to reevaluate next steps. He even gave us information on employers that covered infertility treatments
When we first started, he ran a lot of tests to rule out medical issues. We started with Clomid, then Clomid with insemination, then moved into injections with IUI, which resulted in a successful pregnancy. The second time around, we started with injections and IUI, then moved onto the first egg retrieval/ embryo transfer using ICSI. We transferred 2 embryos, but it was unsuccessful and had no embryos to freeze. The second cycle, he slowed the retrieval process so they could mature and he did the embryo transfer himself. We transferred 2 embryos such resulted in a healthy twin pregnancy and have 4 frozen embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Mackenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I liked that the clinic was open almost every day and that doctors rotated. Our successful IUI was fine on New Year's Day. The office staff did not always have the best support and the billing staff did not always bill correctly.
He advised us during each transfer. He gave us the option, but did not feel comfortable transferring more than 3 embryos

2011 - 2015, Successful
Very considerate and knowledgeable. He [Dr. Steven Williams] always made me feel comfortable while in his care.... I do not remember which injections I did for IVF. My first cycle I inserted 2 embryos, 1 took and was successful. On my second cycle I inserted three eggs, one took but ended in a miscarriage due to a birth defect at seven weeks. Third cycle we inserted three eggs and none took.
All of the staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine- Columbus] are very friendly. The only weakness I would list is they keep raising their price.... Nancy and Mckenzie [nurses at OH reproductive med] were amazing. If I had a question I needed to call the office or send an email, they were very fast to respond... My first cycle I inserted 2 embryos, 1 took and was successful. On my second cycle I inserted three eggs, one took but ended in a miscarriage due to a birth defect at seven weeks. Third cycle we inserted three eggs and none took.
Very considerate and knowledgeable. He always made me feel comfortable while in his care. The only thing I did not like was on my second and third retrievals I had a different doctor. I just wish Dr. Williams was there to do those as well since he was my doctor.
You're an excellent care with Steve Williams.
Dr. Williams is amazing. Just wish on my following two cycles I would have seen him every time especially for retrieval and Insertion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie )
Nancy and Mckenzie were amazing. If I had a question I needed to call the office or send an email, they were very fast to respond.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
All of the staff are very friendly. The only weakness I would list is they keep raising their price. Other clinics in New York are half the cost. I just recently heard about a clinic in New York which I am considering. In my heart I would rather stay local with Dr. Williams instead of traveling eight hours away. Cost is a factor.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I believe I have three ultrasounds for monitoring the embyo growth.
I think the cost is a little pricey.
2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Williams never rushed me and always took time to answer my questions....Dr. Williams showed compassion. He was also realistic and honest. I went through 2 rounds of IVF with ICSI and got pregnant both times.... If he suggests different options, he is fine with you doing research before you make your decision. He wants you to be comfortable with your decision. Also, he gave us his honest opinion when we asked for it.
You don’t always see your doctor, but all of the doctors are great. They [Ohio Reproductive Med] have a lab right next door that they work with, which was very convenient for my husband. The only thing I don’t think we were prepared for the first time was how much of a toll it would take on my husband. He had a hard time giving me shots and seeing me hurt.... Each round was around $15,000. My insurance covered blood work and ultrasounds.
Dr. Williams showed compassion. He was also realistic and honest. I went through 2 rounds of IVF with ICSI and got pregnant both times. My first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage at 14 weeks due to an incompetent cervix. My second pregnancy gave us our beautiful, bubbly 3 year old girl. I would highly recommend him.
Listen to him. If he suggests different options, he is fine with you doing research before you make your decision. He wants you to be comfortable with your decision. Also, he gave us his honest opinion when we asked for it.
Dr. Williams never rushed me and always took time to answer my questions.
I don’t really remember much, except being very emotional during treatments and how miserable I was right before egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
You don’t always see your doctor, but all of the doctors are great. They have a lab right next door that they work with, which was very convenient for my husband. The only thing I don’t think we were prepared for the first time was how much of a toll it would take on my husband. He had a hard time giving me shots and seeing me hurt.
Each round was around $15,000. My insurance covered blood work and ultrasounds. For my second round, Dr. Williams suggested a different shot (basically a different brand, but equivalent), so that we could take advantage of a significant rebate.
Columbus

Dr Steven was upfront about what we will be doing. After fail 3 iui he gave me an option to do surgery and it was the best decision ever made. Even after the follow up he straight told the truth IVF was the next thing to do. I was afraid cause I knew I couldn’t afford it and I ask him to do another iui but after my hsg test it wasn’t best to do cause my one of my tube was blocked. Overall he did what he can an as cheaply possible first!
The clinic [Ohio Repro Med] strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy ... They [nursing staff] was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Don’t be afraid to ask questions an other treatments
I felt like a human cause we wanted to do surgery after unsuccessful iui
I did 3 cycle of clomid alone. Then I did another 3 cycle of clomid with injectable and iui nothing happen.Then we move on to do laparoscopy finally know why my right tubes was blocked. After a couple month later we did Hsg and it is my right tube
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy
I think overall I spend $7000 my insurance discount a lot for that laparoscopy
2014, Successful
Dr. Williams made the experience relaxing because he kept the atmosphere light-hearted. In such a heavy aspect of someone's life, that light-hearted nature really helped to feel at ease. He was honest but kind and hopeful.... We first checked for blocked tubes doing a dye test then doing 3 rounds of IUI. Next we checked for endometriosis with laparoscopy and also had my husband evaluated and subsequently treated. One last IUI the month after laparoscopy and it worked.
It's very nice-waiting areas and atmosphere. The staff [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] are kind and well organized. The location is somewhat hidden which can be good for privacy but harder to find for navigation. It's near many restaurants which resulted in us grabbing breakfast while waiting for our IUI to be ready to perform.... Pricing seemed to be on par with what I'd heard for other clinics.
Be honest about what you want out of the experience because he will discuss it with you let you lead
While you do get a patient number, Dr. Williams always greeted me by name and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It's very nice-waiting areas and atmosphere. The staff are kind and well organized. The location is somewhat hidden which can be good for privacy but harder to find for navigation. It's near many restaurants which resulted in us grabbing breakfast while waiting for our IUI to be ready to perform.
We were lucky to have insurance cover our procedures. Pricing seemed to be on par with what I'd heard for other clinics.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me.
My IFV procedure [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] cost $7000. The medications cost $3000...Needs to be updated in appearance...Nancy is fantastic. She has the demeanor of an angel. She helped make IVF and all the uncomfortable, steril-ness so much better...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me...I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me.
Make sure you ask all the questions. Don't expect him to know what they are before you ask.
I can't remember the specifics of my treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Needs to be updated in appearance.
My IFV procedure cost $7000. The medications cost $3000
I felt comfortable in trusting Dr. Williams' advice. I took his suggestions to heart.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Williams] is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.... He knew our story and was straightforward, blunt but kind whenever he delivered any news good or difficult.
Sitting in the waiting room is like therapy [Ohio Reproductive Medicine], you don’t have to talk to anyone to know that there are tons of people going through the same exact thing as you. It was welcoming, comfortable, not overdone.... They were so kind and sent from above. They guided treatment and coached me through they were so wonderful.... He [Dr. Williams] knew our story and was straightforward, blunt but kind whenever he delivered any news good or difficult.
He is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.
Trust him. Listen to him. Communicate with him.
Don’t recall specifics. So sorry.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Sitting in the waiting room is like therapy, you don’t have to talk to anyone to know that there are tons of people going through the same exact thing as you. It was welcoming, comfortable, not overdone.
Don’t remember
Since we only had 2 good embryos it was suggested we use them both since freezing doesn’t guarantee that they will stay.
Unknown Success
He was empathetic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings.
She [my nurse] took her time when she answered my questions. She made me feel very informed and as in control as this process could be.
He was empatheic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings. We had to move away during the time I was being treated, but I feel like continuing treatment would have resulted with a successful pregnancy.
Be honest with all your info and if you have a question or concern do not be afraid to bring it up.
She would call an check on me to see how I was both physically and emotionally. She took her time when she answered my questions. She made me feel very informed and as in control as this process could be. During a miscarriage she called repeatedly as I was out of town and alone in a hotel so I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed.