6.9

Steven Williams (retired) works at

535 Reach Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

2013, Unsuccessful
Clomid cycles followed by femara cycles and IUIs [protocols with Dr. Williams]. 6th cycle I had a chemical pregnancy and he suggested I try IFV after completly healed...was professional, yet didn’t make you feel terribly comfortable. When you’re going through fertility treatments, having a doctor who doesn’t make you feel odd is a huge plus. I ended up switching facilities because I wasn’t 100% comfortable with him.
The clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] was difficult to navigate. There were multiple waiting rooms and it was laid out in an awkward manner. Additionally, my husband found the men’s collection room to be uninviting and dirty...nurse was professional, however when I had my ectopic pregnancy she forgot that I needed a Rogam shot, so I had to drive back to the clinic the following day to have it administered.
How was your experience with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams was professional, yet didn’t make you feel terribly comfortable. When you’re going through fertility treatments, having a doctor who doesn’t make you feel odd is a huge plus. I ended up switching facilities because I wasn’t 100% comfortable with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Know that it’s a business and that you should do your own research instead of hoping the doctor will provide all the answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Primarily saw one nurse the entire time (along with Dr.), therefore you were a familiar face to them.
Describe the protocols Steven Williams (retired) used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid cycles followed by femara cycles and IUIs. 6th cycle I had a chemical pregnancy and he suggested I try IFV after completly healed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. W’s nurse was professional, however when I had my ectopic pregnancy she forgot that I needed a Rogam shot, so I had to drive back to the clinic the following day to have it administered.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was difficult to navigate. There were multiple waiting rooms and it was laid out in an awkward manner. Additionally, my husband found the men’s collection room to be uninviting and dirty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The cost was middle of the road. I’ve definitely been to other clinics that have cost considerably more.
Describe Steven Williams (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Prefers single embryo transfer for less potential health risks to potential baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
After my ectopic pregnancy the nurse forgot that I also needed a rogam shot. I had to take an additional day off work to go back the next day for the shot.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Williams showed a lot of compassion for me, but I felt like he didn’t really know me as a patient. He used the wrong chart to go over further directions with me after a failed FET. He is a great doctor, I also just didn’t see him each time which bothered me. I know how the clinic works and it’s not possible every time, I just wish I could have seen him more often....mix of information was emotional...
[Ohio Reproductive Medicine clinic] are very organized and have an exact way to do everything. Everyone in the office is nice and efficient. They are more than willing to answer questions anytime you have them & respond timely. If you’re having bloodwork, be sure to get there early so you’re not stuck there for a long time...given a quote of around $12,000 - from egg retrieval to ultrasounds & the embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are very organized and have an exact way to do everything. Everyone in the office is nice and efficient. They are more than willing to answer questions anytime you have them & respond timely. If you’re having bloodwork, be sure to get there early so you’re not stuck there for a long time.
Thankfully, my insurance covers IVF. I am not sure of the specific numbers, but before I started I was given a quote of around $12,000 - from egg retrieval to ultrasounds & the embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I was told by one embryologist I was not going to have any embryos form, was told the same thing by my doctor, and the next day a different embryologist called to say I had one embryo. I understand things change overnight but the mix of information was emotional.
Columbus

Dr Steven was upfront about what we will be doing. After fail 3 iui he gave me an option to do surgery and it was the best decision ever made. Even after the follow up he straight told the truth IVF was the next thing to do. I was afraid cause I knew I couldn’t afford it and I ask him to do another iui but after my hsg test it wasn’t best to do cause my one of my tube was blocked. Overall he did what he can an as cheaply possible first!
The clinic [Ohio Repro Med] strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy ... They [nursing staff] was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Don’t be afraid to ask questions an other treatments
I felt like a human cause we wanted to do surgery after unsuccessful iui
I did 3 cycle of clomid alone. Then I did another 3 cycle of clomid with injectable and iui nothing happen.Then we move on to do laparoscopy finally know why my right tubes was blocked. After a couple month later we did Hsg and it is my right tube
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy
I think overall I spend $7000 my insurance discount a lot for that laparoscopy
Columbus

He [Dr. Steven Williams] was very personable and tried to really get to know me during our time together...He was really great. Gave lots of diagrams. The only negative was he didn’t really seem to want to see me before we had been TTC for two years because I was only 25 the first time I went into his office after we had been trying with no success for 13 months... gave me basic blood tests and told me he wasn’t worried about me because I was only 25 and had only been trying for 13 months. I tried to schedule an HSG for three months but couldn’t get a single appointment for it at the office.
I think the clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is very nice and very compassionate. I would certainly use them again if my current doctor that I’m seeing reaches the point where he can no longer help me in my fertility journey. The only weakness was that they didn’t take me seriously because I was “too young to worry about”, but I understand where they are coming from...I had a hard time getting my blood tests transferred and had to call a few times, but I think that’s just because they’re usually pretty busy.
He’s great and will give you everything straight but with compassion as well.
He was very personable and tried to really get to know me during our time together.
Dr. Williams gave me basic blood tests and told me he wasn’t worried about me because I was only 25 and had only been trying for 13 months. I tried to schedule an HSG for three months but couldn’t get a single appointment for it at the office.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic is very nice and very compassionate. I would certainly use them again if my current doctor that I’m seeing reaches the point where he can no longer help me in my fertility journey. The only weakness was that they didn’t take me seriously because I was “too young to worry about”, but I understand where they are coming from.
Columbus

During my 2nd round of IUI when Dr. Williams entered the room he asked me if I had ever had a vaginal ultrasound. Considering I had done my first round of IUI the month prior and had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies, anyone who would have read the chart before entering the room wouldn't ask that question. He also down played how serious my diminished ovarian reserve is and didn't inform me that IVF cycles would have a low success rate. He was ready to move forward without reviewing all the statistics and all my options. I'm just glad I got the 2nd opinion before moving forward. I would not recommend Dr. Williams to anyone who has diminished ovarian reserve or any other complex medical issue. They do not take outside factors into account before planning your treatment.
They [the nurses at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] were always very nice and informative...They are a very nice staff of people they have working for the doctors. If you have any serious hormone imbalance or any complex issue, I would recommend researching several different facilities first...During my 2nd round of IUI when Dr. Williams entered the room he asked me if I had ever had a vaginal ultrasound. Considering I had done my first round of IUI the month prior and had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies, anyone who would have read the chart before entering the room wouldn't ask that question.
Do your research
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They were always very nice and informative
Do not remember
2014, Successful
Dr. Williams made the experience relaxing because he kept the atmosphere light-hearted. In such a heavy aspect of someone's life, that light-hearted nature really helped to feel at ease. He was honest but kind and hopeful.... We first checked for blocked tubes doing a dye test then doing 3 rounds of IUI. Next we checked for endometriosis with laparoscopy and also had my husband evaluated and subsequently treated. One last IUI the month after laparoscopy and it worked.
It's very nice-waiting areas and atmosphere. The staff [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] are kind and well organized. The location is somewhat hidden which can be good for privacy but harder to find for navigation. It's near many restaurants which resulted in us grabbing breakfast while waiting for our IUI to be ready to perform.... Pricing seemed to be on par with what I'd heard for other clinics.
Be honest about what you want out of the experience because he will discuss it with you let you lead
While you do get a patient number, Dr. Williams always greeted me by name and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It's very nice-waiting areas and atmosphere. The staff are kind and well organized. The location is somewhat hidden which can be good for privacy but harder to find for navigation. It's near many restaurants which resulted in us grabbing breakfast while waiting for our IUI to be ready to perform.
We were lucky to have insurance cover our procedures. Pricing seemed to be on par with what I'd heard for other clinics.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me.
My IFV procedure [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] cost $7000. The medications cost $3000...Needs to be updated in appearance...Nancy is fantastic. She has the demeanor of an angel. She helped make IVF and all the uncomfortable, steril-ness so much better...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me...I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me.
Make sure you ask all the questions. Don't expect him to know what they are before you ask.
I can't remember the specifics of my treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Needs to be updated in appearance.
My IFV procedure cost $7000. The medications cost $3000
I felt comfortable in trusting Dr. Williams' advice. I took his suggestions to heart.
Columbus
He [Dr. Williams] was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.... I always had to call them [Ohio Reproductive Medicine - Columbus]. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
They [Ohio Reproductive Medicine - Columbus] were all pretty nice but it seemed like they cared about the payment more than the patient. As soon as you walked in the receptionist was asked for payment and didnt really seem to care how you were doing. The environment isn't very inviting either, they would make it a little more cozy in there....I can't remember the one nurse's name but she was very rude when I called to ask a question.
He was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.
I always had to call them. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They were all pretty nice but it seemed like they cared about the payment more than the patient. As soon as you walked in the receptionist was asked for payment and didnt really seem to care how you were doing. The environment isn't very inviting either, they would make it a little more cozy in there.
Thankfully my insurance covered some of it but I believe we had to pay 225 for each IUI cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I just always had to call them with results or what needed to be done next.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. Williams] is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.... He knew our story and was straightforward, blunt but kind whenever he delivered any news good or difficult.
Sitting in the waiting room is like therapy [Ohio Reproductive Medicine], you don’t have to talk to anyone to know that there are tons of people going through the same exact thing as you. It was welcoming, comfortable, not overdone.... They were so kind and sent from above. They guided treatment and coached me through they were so wonderful.... He [Dr. Williams] knew our story and was straightforward, blunt but kind whenever he delivered any news good or difficult.
He is honest and to the point. He lacks some social skills but he is kind and genuine. And is really good at his job and gets the job done quickly, efficiently and effectively. He allowed us to guide treatment, we did IUI 2x and he wanted to do it a 3rd time but we asked to move forward with IVF and he agreed.
Trust him. Listen to him. Communicate with him.
Don’t recall specifics. So sorry.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Sitting in the waiting room is like therapy, you don’t have to talk to anyone to know that there are tons of people going through the same exact thing as you. It was welcoming, comfortable, not overdone.
Don’t remember
Since we only had 2 good embryos it was suggested we use them both since freezing doesn’t guarantee that they will stay.
Unknown Success
He was empathetic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings.
She [my nurse] took her time when she answered my questions. She made me feel very informed and as in control as this process could be.
He was empatheic and encouraging without making me feel like he had any false promises. He was candid with the info he gave us, but sensitive to our feelings. We had to move away during the time I was being treated, but I feel like continuing treatment would have resulted with a successful pregnancy.
Be honest with all your info and if you have a question or concern do not be afraid to bring it up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
She would call an check on me to see how I was both physically and emotionally. She took her time when she answered my questions. She made me feel very informed and as in control as this process could be. During a miscarriage she called repeatedly as I was out of town and alone in a hotel so I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I felt like I was more of a number because we repeated the same protocol several times with the same results (negative)...I thought Dr Williams meant well, but I feel like we just repeated the same thing multiple times and wasted time and lots of money with no results instead of taking a step back and really trying to figure out what the issues were...
[Ohio Repro Med] Strengths- location, lab down the street, earlier appointments, nursing staff Weaknesses- varieties of options trialed, not put under for retrievals Advice - make sure you’re very involved and ask a lot of questions...I felt like I was more of a number because we repeated the same protocol several times with the same results (negative)...
Do your homework and be very active in the planning / treatment process!